Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms
The Solid Barrier Dividing Platforms 9 & 10 (Come Here 1st!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Razsminion

Romantic Mage

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:57 am
The Lovely Ice Queen~
R U N E☬☬ S Y B I L

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxShe sits in her corner, singing herself to sleep~
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxWrapped in all of the promises that no-one seems to keep
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxShe no longer cries to herself, no tears left to wash away~
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxJust diaries of empty pages, feelings gone astray~.

But she will sing~! Till everything BURNS~
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxOne's Lust for Knowledge is never satiated.

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

Rune followed the directions that she had gotten via owl yesterday, inside was her ticket for the express and the directions on how to access the area. Rune’s face soured at the thought of having to get their by train, she hated transportation as it always made her queasy despite her precautions that she took. Sighing with defeat she slipped the bag off of her shoulders and rummaged through her backpack to find her anti-nausea pills and her bottle of water. It was a new type of pills that she was trying out, so she read the directions…
‘Take as needed.’
Well, that was a little unreassuringly to her, but maybe these ones were going to be a little more potent that the last ones she tried. She took two and washed them down with her bottled water before slipping both of them back into her bag and shouldering it. This was going to be a long, and bloody miserable trip, wasn’t it? Oh well, she once more looked over at the instruction that were given before slipping the paper and ticket safely into the inside breast pocket of her coat before taking her luggage cart to where she was supposed to take a running start and ram right into pillar in order to get to the other side.
…If she hadn’t be shopping in Daigon Alley, she probably would have thought that someone was having a laugh. But she put a little more faith into what was written her, despite her probably better judgement…
Rune took her time in locating the pillar, keeping an eye on her surroundings to try and find other wizards and witches that were passing through, making sure that what she had in her head was proper for what was really needing to be done. She was dreadfully early, Rune was never one to keep others waiting as her father had raised her… it was so well enforced that Rune had become paranoid about being late.

When she came across the Pillar to the platform, she seemed to be in luck as she saw a pair of siblings pass through, she noted how it was done and lined herself up.
This seemed really, really, stupid to her.
Granted she wasn’t going to be going to school by just sitting here with her thumb up her buttocks. With one last steeling of her nerves before taking a running start into the brick and mortar pillar that was going to be her gateway and hopefully not something solid that she couldn’t get through which would have resulted in her splattering herself into a greasy paste on in this train station. She started off with a light jog before picked up a little momentum as she approached the brick wall that disguised the gateway. Rune held her breath as she closed in and fought against closing her eyes. The wall swallowed her up and took her towards the other side of the platform.

House of:
Thoughts: Well... maybe I'll splatter in a way to make one of those weird ink block tests in the psychologists offices...
Feelings: Stoically nervous
Theme music: Ice runs in my veins

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxWhile everyone SCREAMS.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxBurning their lies, burning my dreams
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAll of this hate, all of this pain
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxI’ll burn it all down while my anger reins

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:58 am
User Image"Oh isn't this lovely," Cara said hugging the arm of her husband. "Our son going off to his first year to Hogwarts! I think David would look so handsome in green, don't you. Oh, how I do hope he gets our families' house."

"My house wasn't Slytherin," Dr. Sinclair League sighed to his wife.

She laughed tapping his nose. Meanwhile David was standing away from his parents and just waiting for a usual argument to ensue. That was how they always were-lovey dovey one moment and in a huge argument the next. David personally didn't think his father entirely forgave his mother for the trickery that she did to marry him but David assumed he saw something in her. His mother was pretty and loyal and obviously loved her husband a lot but she was quite frankly a bit scary. It was one of the reasons he was hoping NOT to be in Slytherin. His father said she was the epitome of a Slytherin, good and bad, and the bad is what disturbed David about Slytherins. Then again in some ways was ambition bad? Well, when you went around it like Cara (his mother) did, he liked to think so.

"You do know your mother-in-law is a Ravenclaw," Sinclair said with a sigh, "so not everyone besides the family squib was a Slytherin."

"One out of like a thousand," Cara said rolling her brown eyes, "and don't say that so loud."

"What "squib"? That's what I am Cara. And I would have been perfectly happy if David had been too," Sinclair snapped. "There is-"

David pinched the bridge of his nose already seeing the argument build. He took a deep breath and said, "Bye Mum! Bye Dad! See you when the school year ends. I'll be sure to owl!" He quickly disappeared through the barrier and prayed once again not to be placed in Slytherin. On the bright side, regardless of what house he was placed in he would be free of listening to his parent's petty arguments for the school year.  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:24 am
User ImageUser Image
Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 12
Year at Hogwarts: 2nd year
Height: 5'3"

➳ ➳ ➳

[Wearing:2nd year Platform Clothes]

➳ ➳ ➳

It's good to see Dad again even if it is brief

➳ ➳ ➳

Ronna had end up spending the rest of the summer with her Dad's old school mate who her Dad after finding out about her ridiculously late curfew had set it to 9 p.m. She would have complained but it was better than being sent back to Hawkinge bored out of her mind. She spent most of her time exploring London, going to Diagon Alley, and she had found a really great place to practice her baseball swing. She end up finding a few thrift shops to replenish the clothes she had grown out of but all in all it wasn't so bad.

However, she still found it suspicious her Dad was so willing to let her stay in London for half the summer. Of course he did odd things sometimes. In the end she found she was missing him and they talked a lot on the phone when she wasn't off exploring. There was some advantages to being tall for her age, people were less likely to question a twelve year old on her own and she found being almost average height for a grown woman allowed her to blend in easily. Of course, it just meant she'd probably be like 5'9" or 5'10" when she stopped growing but maybe they would take her more seriously when she applied to do wizard policing.

When she got to the train station she saw her Dad right away, one of the taller men in the crowd she ran up to him and hugged him. "Dad!" She smiled. He lectured her to stay out of trouble and then held out his owl.

"Huh?"

"Take Bessie, you don't write enough," He said with a smile. "Besides most of the other kids have pets, especially owls."

"Dad," Ronna said, "I don't want the owl. It hates me." Bessie glared at her much like it did.

Her father sighed and kissed her forehead and said, "Fine, but if you don't write me twice a week you get to keep Bessie, Ronnie." She wrinkled her nose as she hugged her Dad and agreed, asking him how he got the bird on the train in the first place. "Oh, I drove up here. Anything you need me to take back?"

"Nah..." She said. "See you Dad!" She said grabbing her bag and trunk.

"And don't think you can spend every summer up in London either!" He called to her as she walked through the barrier rolling her blue eyes.

User Image

{ }

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:07 pm
The Mitchell's...

////////George//////////////Leonette///////////////Mira/////////////////Grace
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
//Muggle Liaison///Unsorted First Year///Eight Year Old//////Six Years Old

&
The Clarisse's...

Johnathan///////////Mary Jane//////////////Chloe////////////////David/////////
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
Goblin Liaison Office///////Healer//////////////Hufflepuff//////////Gryffindor//////

Arriving at the barrier between platforms nine and ten it was time for another year at Hogwarts for Chloe and David while it was Leonette's first year. She was worried about leaving her sisters. What if they got into trouble and their dad wasn't there for them. "See you later Leo. Send an owl." Grace told her sister which knocked her out of her worried thoughts. "Yeah see you Gracie you be good for dad. If you do that I'll send you an owl." she compromised. "Deal," Grace said giving her a hug.

"See you round Mira." Leonette said turning her other sister. Mira didn't seem interested to even be there which kind of bugged Leonette a bit. "Yeah sure..." Mira muttered she didn't want to let on that she cared even a little. "Mira..." she muttered trying not to get upset over it. "Please don't fight with Gracie I don't want you two ta fight." she told her. "You're the older one so be the older sister and don't start anything." she added. "Whatever..." Mira said crossing her arms.

"Bye dad I'll miss you." Leonette said giving her dad a hug. "I'll send a letter as soon as I get settled to let you know how the sorting went." she told him. "I'll see you when you right here when you get back. Have fun don't get into any trouble while you're away." George told his daughter. "Don't worry about her Uncle George we'll keep an eye on her." Chloe told him. "I'm sure you will Chloe." he said winking at her. She after all had prefect statues now something Chloe was extremely proud of.

Chloe then turned to her mum and dad. "We'll see you when we get back." she told them. "Yeah see you when we get back hopefully we can win a game this year." David said with a smile. "Have fun stay out of trouble and good luck on your OWLs dear." Mary Jane told her kids. "Thanks mum." she said. "Yes good luck I know you'll do well." John spoke up. “Please don’t work so much they need you.” Leonette said as she hugged her dad one last time. She could only hope he would take her advice. "Bye." The three chimed as they headed through the barrier to platform 9¾.

(Exit to Platform 9¾)

Stats'

George: Happy... thinking about what my daughter said
Leonette: Happy but a little sad to be leaving
Mira: Bored and uncaring...
Grace: Sad but happy for Leo.

Johnathan: Happy
Mary Jane: Happy
Chloe: Happy
David: Happy

Who we're with: Each other
OOC: ---

((Outfits in pictures))

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

StudiousDemoness

Intellectual Shapeshifter

2,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:13 pm
User Image
UnsortedFirst Year

"How the ruddy hell have they not been discovered yet?! It's a bloody solid wall that people are ramming themselves through!? How does no one notice?" Catharine asked looking over from her view point at the entrance of Platforms 8 and 7. She looked as a whole family hanging around the divide soon dispersed to mingle with the crowds rushing about. Probably heading off to do whatever Wizarding family's did. Which is presumable nothing like Muggle families. Though that was all she could get from The Philosophy of the Mundane: Why the Muggles Prefer Not to Know. Interesting read, not very useful in figuring out what Wizards normally did with their time.

"Lovelet, they've probably got other magics at work...Just...remember what I told you, okay?"

"Yeah, I'll remember." Catharine looked up at her mother. They both dressed so normally for a moment she thought she was simply head off somewhere with her mum. To a new antique sale or a bid up North. Her in her black military style jacket that she had saved up for through hard work and lots of chores. Her mother dressed in long sleeved sweater dress and scarf. They could have been just like everyone else in King's Cross, but the large trunk and owl kinda gave them away.

Well, the owl more than the trunk in Cat's opinion, though the large trunk didn't help. Neither did the mini one. She took a breath and glanced back up at her mum, "You sure you don't want to come with me? To the Barrier anyway?"

For a moment her mother looked close to saying yes, then shook her head. "Best we part here, Lovelet. I left that world well and true after your father, I don't want his...friends spotting me. No, it's best we part here."

A quick tight hug, a deep breath, and plenty of pushing a heavy trolley. She arrived at the barrier. For a moment she was tempted to turn back and look for her mother on the other track beyond the divide. She denied herself the temptation. She'd come home and her mother would still be there. She'd write, constantly. Her mother would be fine and by July, she'd see her mother again.

She gripped the handle of her trolley and glared at the seemingly solid wall. Give she splatted against it, then she didn't really have magic, Diagon Alley was a dream, and she could turn around from the embarrassment of being foolish enough to believe it in. She walked, then sped up, then ran at the wall until darkness swallowed her.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:15 pm
User Image
Adalaide is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Studious in Locationspace
CURRENTLY // loving Chrisspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // spacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // spacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // spacespac

❀ ❀ ❀ I'm trying to remember why I was afraid
To be myself and let the covers fall away.
❀ ❀ ❀
═════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceAdalaide made it through the barrier with a small smile on her face. It was good to be going home. She was incredibly tired from the train ride, as per usual, and would be happy to get home and crawl into her nightgown and go to bed. Rather than her usual flowing fabrics and skirts, she was currently wearing a t-shirt and jeans, something she could sit in the train in and feel comfortable... and maybe a little lazy. It had been a long, satisfying year. A few bumps in the road... okay, mountains, but overall, it'd been a good year. Next year was going to be hell, though, preparing for NEWTs. And after that, she'd be out in the world, working. Of course, she was going to be working this Summer, too, but she had a couple days before that started to get settled in at home. She'd be riding the Floo Network to Hogsmeade until June 21, when she turned 17 and her Apparation License became valid. Really, she was excited to be going to work. It gave her an excuse to get out of the house. And, she'd be spending as much time as she could with Chris, now that transportation wouldn't be an issue. No need to pick up her; she could do it herself. But, for now, she was waiting for her mother to appear and take her and the Catlins home. It wouldn't be the same without Vicky and Melody there... but it'd still be home. And she did miss Sebastian and her parents, after all.

❀ ❀ ❀ I guess I never had someone like you
                                                          To help me, to help me fit in my skin
                                                          ❀ ❀ ❀

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:48 pm
User Image
                                                        There are many things that I would
                                                        Like to say to you
                                                        But I don't know how

User Image

Chris stepped out of the shadows, watching the students depart the train. It was odd, really, since this was the last time he would be coming to the station unless by some miracle he managed to have kids. Which, considering his undead status, made that quite impossible. At least he thought it did. There was still a lot of being a vampire he didn't know about, and he was certain that having kids was listed under impossible at this point. His lips twitched into a smile as he caught a very familiar scent, though, and he glanced over to a blonde head, a girl that was so unlike his sister. She was definitely one of those he could spend any time with, and enjoy every moment of it.

Again, his gaze drifted over the students until he saw another blonde head, this one as familiar to him as anything else. However, before he could do anything, Eretria spun in place and popped out of existence. Well, that made the object of his trip here rather pointless. He shook his head, knowing his sister was probably even now dropping her stuff off at home and going out. After all. she did have her own life now, and whatever she planned on doing for the future she was going to do regardless of what others thought.

Which left him standing at the station, wondering what he was going to do. He could always decide to drive back to Chalmes's flat, considering that he had borrowed his twin's car for the trip. However, he thought that was a bit of a waste of time, time that, during the summer, he didn't have anymore. His twin of course could be out day or night, while he was stuck in the night time. Not for the first time, he mentally cursed the vampirism he had been afflicted with, but could do nothing about unless he decided to kiss the sun. He hadn't wanted to in a long time, and even though he was hating his condition now, he still didn't want to. However, that still didn't solve his dilemma, and as he thought about it, a rather rash idea popped into his head, one that might get him hexed if he wasn't careful.

Walking up to Ada, he pressed a kiss to the top of her head, knowing that he was probably surprising her again. He couldn't help it though. A low chuckle sounded from within his chest as he smiled into her hair andreached around to hug her. Well, if she hexed him now, he'd probably deserve it."So, you waiting around for someone, or did I just catch you before your family showed up?"

--------------------------
                                                        Location: Barrier between Platforms 9 & 10
                                                        State: Mischievous
                                                        OOC: ...
                                                        --------------------------

Because maybe
                                                        You're gonna be the one that saves me
                                                        And after all
                                                        You're my wonderwall

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:41 pm
User Image
Adalaide is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Studious in Locationspace
CURRENTLY // loving Chrisspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // spacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // spacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // spacespac

❀ ❀ ❀ I'm trying to remember why I was afraid
To be myself and let the covers fall away.
❀ ❀ ❀

spaceAdalaide had her eyes peeled for her mother, and was quite distracted. She nearly jumped out of her skin when she felt someone press their lips to her hair, letting out a sharp squeak and her eyes going wide. But, before she could react beyond that, a familiar pair of arms wrapped around her, and she heard a chuckle she knew all too well. The blonde put a perfect scowl on her face and turned to face her boyfriend, putting her hands on her hips and popping one out. "Oh, you think you're just soooo funny, don't you?" She tapped her foot for a moment, but the act fell through after a second. At least she'd held it long enough to reprimand him that time, of course. She was getting better... not that he ever fell for it even for a second. Her face broke into a smile, and her arms shot up. She jumped a bit to wrap her arms around his neck, aware that she was literally hanging from him and standing on the very tips of her toes... and still not close enough to give him a kiss. Being short really sucked sometimes... specifically, when her rather tall boyfriend happened to be around.

spaceSupposing that the effort had proved futile anyway, and that she might be hurting his neck, she let go and dropped back to the ground, smiling... until she looked down and realized she was in her train clothes. She blanched a bit, wondering how much of a mess her hair was... she'd fallen asleep on the way home and not brushed it when she'd woken up! But, at least she hadn't bothered putting make-up on, so there was no smudged mascara or half-off eye shadow. That would've been extra embarrassing. Still, a light pink filled her cheeks. First time she'd seen him in a year, and she was wearing frumpled jeans and a wrinkled T-shirt... greeeeeeeeeaaaaaaat. She scowled. "Oh, wonderful. Chris, I look like a mess. I haven't seen you since the Festival and I look like a complete disaster." She ignored the little voice reminding her that her hair had been an almost literal bird's nest when he'd first met her. They hadn't been dating then, and anyway it had been dark. Of course, he had night vision, but that was beside the point. Her hand went to her hair, not tugging like usual, but trying to rake her fingers through the locks and brush out the tangles. "So were you planning on surprising me, or were you here to pick up Eretria? I think I passed her on the way off the train." Honestly, Ada would've though the newly-graduated girl would've simply Apparated home and saved people the trouble of picking her up... but then maybe it was a tradition type thing, the last time picking her up from her last year of school.

spaceThe thought reminded her that her mother was probably here for her, as well. "Mum's supposed to pick us up... although Michelle might just Apparate, since she's of age and all. And she might take Lyv." Ada realized that her mum coming for them might have been a waste of gas... Michelle could've just taken them all home. Of course, Ada had lost track of the pair on the way out... they generally didn't bother trying to keep up with each other. It was easier to just get out as they could and meet back up. It wasn't as though Michelle was hard to spot, after all. The girl was a mile high and as white as snow from her head to her toes. Like a lighthouse. Ada smirked at the thought... she'd have to use that one. Michelle would hate it.

spaceShe gave up on disentangling her hair (there was a particularly stubborn knot right at the crown of her head, but at least it was small) and wrapped her arms around his waist, figuring that if she was being optimistic about the relationship, he would've seen her looking like a mess eventually anyway. And she didn't see any reason to think they would break up, especially now that she'd be able to see him more often starting after her birthday, what with the ability to transport herself easily. Unless her constant presence drove him nuts... but she liked to think her presence was mostly unobtrusive... and that he liked it anyway. He wouldn't be dating her if he didn't, after all.

❀ ❀ ❀ I guess I never had someone like you
                                                          To help me, to help me fit in my skin
                                                          ❀ ❀ ❀

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:26 pm
CLAIRE ALEXANDRIE & VICTOR BEAUSOLEIL

"The violin plays a soft melody,
as my mind starts to feel ease.
Let the music wash over my soul,
make my mind pure and whole.
Let me be renewed."

Claire kept the plastic smile on her face as she stepped off the train from Hogwarts, she was no longer at the castle...instead she was near home. Not that Claire didn't like the outside of the castle, it was just different.
The young witch looked around, a camera hanging off her neck as she patted down her dress. Noticing Victor she grinned some and walked ahead, not wanting to associate with the damn Hufflepuff.

Victor meanwhile stared some, he still felt weak, and he wondered how long this was going to last. Was he going to feel weak forever? Was this the price he paid for unknowingly using dark magic? Did this normally happen? He sighed some, as soon as he got home...or well to Claire's home, he would write a letter. Maybe...Maybe he could see Del this time?
He then remembered Terren and smiled at what he promised, or he could meet up with Terren who wanted to see his...Victor blushed, friend.

"Broken glass,
shattered shards.
As my sweet relents,
my bitter comes forth.
Prepare for the end."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:47 pm
User Image
[O.o.C:]

Ila eyed the wall, doubt etched into her youthful face along with her freckles, before turning to look at her father.

"Are you sure?" she asked clutching Wagtail tighter to her. She looked over at the wall before them, then back at her father who stood beside her hand clasped together trying to give his reassuring face, which did little to actually reassure her.

"Poppet," he said using his 'Please don't worry' pet name for her. "all first years, in fact all students pass through here. It's a traditions."

Ila merely raised an eyebrow, tilted a little to look past her father at her mother who also eyed the wall with doubt. Ila rubbed her chin against the cat, who mewed questioningly as she herself inquired"Mum?"

"Love, trust your Father on this. He knows more than I do," she said not turning way from the wall. Quickly she cut a glance look up at her husband. Casting a trusting smile at him, she continued, "You've gotta trust. He hasn't guided you wrong yet has he?"

"Hm...no. Still I don't want to splatter against the wall. I"ll likely make a fool of myself and end up on Youtube," Ila countered.

"You won't. Plus, the opinion of others-

"Only matter if the people matter, she recited dryly along with her mother. "Still I'd rather avoid it."

"Love, if I go with you will you do it?
Ila glanced towards the wall again. She clutched the cat tighter, who meowed and buttered her chin with his head before wiggling out of her arms. She watched as he padded over to her mother, who picked him up and placed him in his basket she had on top the pile of luggage. Kala glanced down at her, giving her a supportive nod. Ila glanced back at her father.
"Two fools are better than one, she muttered and nodded. Taking the rail of the trolley, a moment later she found her father's hands placed on either side of hers. She took a deep breath and looked forward toward the very solid, very real seeming wall. She gripped the rail tighter.
"Ready?"
"Go!"
They jogged awkwardly forward, but still gained momentum as they neared. Too much to stop, enough only to go forward. Ila felt a bubbling her chest and knew she building towards a scream as the wall loomed up solidly before them, but instead she gave a loud gasp as the wall gave way.

StudiousDemoness

Intellectual Shapeshifter

2,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Wall Street 200

EmrysStorm

Mind-boggling Celebrator

1,600 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:28 pm
XXXXXXXXXXXXUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Wearing
Kings Cross Station
Saying goodbye
Rory and Just Ben
My Lass if finally leavin' me

♯♩♪♫♬♭± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ± ♯♩♪♫♬♭

Bain walked besides his daughter and his bodyguard Bensly (who prefers "Just Ben") as they entered the train station. He had been in King's Station a handful of times in his lifetime but this was the most important, right up there with the time he climbed on top of one and signed his name on the Number Three. Not one of his prouder moments but whatev. He looked over to his daughter who was looking around for this magically hidden train depot that would transport her to her new magically hidden school. Emphasis on the "magical." His lass was a witch! Not many could say that in his profession. "Soo, ye go' everythin' ye need?" he questioned staring at the blank wall of platforms nine and ten. Only in this world a handful of hours and the only thing he found worth mentioning was that it was a strange, odd, and kinda wonderful place. But ain't they all?

It's all a gamble
When it's just a game
Ya treat it like a capital crime
Everybody's doin' their time
Take me down
To the paradise city
Where the grass is green
And the girls are pretty
Take me home

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:33 pm
User ImageUser Image
              STARS
              ▒▒▒In your multitudes, scarce to be counted▒▒▒
              ▒▒▒In your multitudes, scarce to be counted▒▒▒

Filling the DARKNESS with ORDER&LIGHT
              ▒▒▒You are the sentinels, silent and pure▒▒▒
              ▒▒▒You are the sentinels, silent and pure▒▒▒

Keeping watch in the NIGHT

xxxxxJames arrived at the station alone, save for a small creature that sat in a cage a top her trolley. The creature was nothing special, nothing magical. It was really something quite ordinary. It was a baby squirrel that the girl had named Rose. She was only a few months old. Her parents had bought her when her sparrow had died. James was quite certain that this was going to be an interesting year. Not only for having a baby squirrel to take care of, but also the fact that the people she had started going to Hogwarts with were going to be graduating this year. James had mixed feelings about that, but there was nothing she could do.

xxxxxOn one side, she never asked to be kidnapped. She never meant to miss her O.W.L.s during her first attempt at being a Fifth Year. However, being a curious Ravenclaw, James was glad to have an extra year at the school, especially since overhearing one of her father's conversations regarding her new wand. Apparently, there were some who thought the wood had special powers, but James never stuck around long enough to listen. She always had something else to do. Being at a place with such an extensive library, not to mention a resident expert on wands, James hoped to be able to find out more about her wand. Perhaps she would be able to find a way to help Akira.

xxxxxSpeaking of Akira, where was she? James paused for a moment among the bustling Muggles rushing to catch their trains. This being her seventh year catching the train, she knew she had time. Last James knew, her sister was visiting her boyfriend. Ever since he had come along to rescue them, he had not gone back to Hogwarts. Instead, he did whatever it was his kind did. He died that night. James had watched her sister go through the pain of losing him, and she had watched as he came back to life. Sometimes, James swore that was why Akira had all the nightmares she did. She just wished her sister would have less. That she would not have to go digging deep into tomes to find an answer.

xxxxxGlancing at one of the clocks hanging in the station, the prefect decided it was about time to get going. Rose was getting restless in her cage. Both of them would be happier on the train when James could let the squirrel out. She made her way over to the space between Platforms Nine and Ten. Three-Quarters was such an odd interval to have the Hogwarts Express be at. Why not have it at something less unusual? Something like Nine and a Half? Then again, James had heard that was reserved for another magical train. Of course, that was just rumor. She never used trains other than for travelling to school and back again. Positioning herself a good distance from the wall, James gripped her cart tightly and ran at the wall, leaving the Muggle World behind.

OOC; Exit to Platform 9 3/4

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

EmrysStorm

Mind-boggling Celebrator

1,600 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:04 pm
User Image
▂▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █

Rory wasn't exactly impressed with the station itself, or with the fact that wizards decided to hide it in such an obvious place. A train station? Really? Why not put it somewhere cool or secluded or maybe...who knows?! Anything but a boring train station. She rolled her eyes but still grinned as her Da asked the quintessential parent question but still nodded. "Yeah Da." she answered.
"Luggage?"
"Do we really hafta-"
"Luggage?" The artificial redhead rolled her eyes heavenward. "Check."
"Sack?"
"Check."
"Cages?"
"Check."
"Peppa spray?
"DA!" Rory exclaimed flailing around a tad. It wasn't her fault, he was being completely over protective. Again! She looked over at Bensly with her green eyes opened wide and imploring causing the larger man to sigh and clear his throat authoritatively. "Bain she does have a train to catch sir." he spoke quietly causing the father to nod and add his own sigh. The rocker took a lasting look at his daughter before she only huffed and ran straight into his arms like she was five again. "I'ma miss you Da." she whispered into his shirt. She felt his rough hands ruffle her hair before she was lightly pushed away and with curious eyes watched as he took off his beaten leather jacket showing off his tattoos for the world. The looks of passing parents or older adults at his many body art she was used to, him placing the leather jacket around her shoulders she wasn't. "But Da! This is, you-!" Rory couldn't believe he would actually be doing this.
"I go' this jacket after me firs' big gig. I wen' ta town, found the first shop I foun' and bough' this bad boy right 'ere. Lady tha' sol' it ta me said I'd do great thin's with it. An' I have. Now's yer turn, I know you'll do great thin's, but now ya got of extra help." Her father gave his normal cocky grin but there was a underlying of sadness she'd never seen before. Without realizing it her eyes began to water and she wiped them away quickly before anything could actually fall and hugged him again and tighter. "I love you Da, an' I will. I promise; I'm yer daughter after all." Rory looked up at his with a smirk happy to hear his usual laugh before a light kiss was bestowed upon the tip of her nose. She picked up her backpack and grabbed the handle of her cart, not without giving another hug to Bensley who affectionately told her he'd miss her running amok around the house, and gave a final wave before heading straight for the platform.

==== ☠ ====

I give it all my oxygen
So let the flames begin
So let the flames begin
Oh glory, oh glory

Wearing
Where am I~Kings Cross Station
Who's here~Da and Bensley
I will not cry!

This is how we'll dance when
When they try to take us down
This is what will be, oh glory

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:14 pm
User Image

User Image
"The violin plays a soft melody,
as my mind starts to feel ease.
Let the music wash over my soul,
make my mind pure and whole.
Let me be renewed."

Victor sighed as he pushed his luggage ahead of him, he was both excited for the new year...and dreading the new year. As much as he loved Hogwarts and was enamored with it, his first two years sort of sucked. What with the first year being wounded by stupid Grindylows...then the next year being in the hospital wing most of the time due to his near death coma. All in all, he had a bad track record thus far.

Victor glanced around, a small smile tugging at his lips when he saw all the excited people lining up to go through the barrier, some for the first time ever. He then nodded to himself, "This year will be different!" It...It needed to be different!

That was when Victor noticed Claire trudging along behind him and shrugged some, her life was so much worse than his. She lost her dad...and for some reason had been kind of distant lately, more so than usual. She wasn't as snappy.

Shaking his head some Victor turned to look at the barrier, he then looked around him to make sure no muggles saw him and he carefully walked through the barrier.

I feel nervous you know?
My inner thoughts are, "This year needs to be different!"
I'm in the house of Hufflepuff.
I am a proud third year
My puppeteer says "Exiting to platform 9 3/4~" Out of character.

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:26 pm
User Image

User Image
"Broken glass,
shattered shards.
As my sweet relents,
my bitter comes forth.
Prepare for the end."

This was the day to return to Hogwarts, the day where she could escape from her life. Claire's eyes looked distant as she walked along the train station, trying to concentrate on her surroundings, and not so much the inner turmoil that was boiling inside her head. She needed to concentrate, try not show her emotions brewing underneath her usual facade.

"...There's the platform barriers....Guess Victor just went in?" The female said to no one in particular, as she nodded her head and glanced at the seemingly normal looking wall.

What is it now, brat? Those tears coming back? Pathetic.

Claire gritted her teeth as her facade started to crack, but she concentrated on the wall, it was the best way to ignore the voice that now dwelled inside her head. If she ignored it, maybe it would vanish. Just....vanish.

Like your dear dad did? Oh wait....He died. Sucks to be you.

Claire just walked on, not paying attention to the voice, she could lie to herself well enough....right? Nodding some she closed her eyes and ran through the barrier.

My feelings? I'm conflicted you know?
Precious thought of mine, "Concentrate on anything else."
I'm a Slytherin.
Did you know that I'm a second year?
My strings are being pulled. "Exiting to platform 9 3/4" Out of character.

King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff