Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms
The Solid Barrier Dividing Platforms 9 & 10 (Come Here 1st!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

khiaavess

Sparkly Star

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:12 am
User Image

Khiaave Lennox
Unsorted First Year
King's Cross Station

Khiaave pushed her luggage cart alongside her parents towards the barrier between Platforms 9 and 10. She was so excited and nervous! She though surely her Owl would draw attention, but she noticed that she was not the only one pushing carts with unusual pets. She stopped her cart suddenly, nearly toppling her Owl off as she saw a blond girl rush right through and disappeared. Ciarin, her father, grinned down at her and said, "That's exactly how it's done dear. You should have seen your Aunt run through there. She looked just like you, red braids and all, but It was her 3rd year that I got to come watch her board the train. She always said to just try to relax and go at a bit of a run." He then scratched his red beard smiling fondly down at his own little girl. Mitsuki nodded her on, her own long black hair swaying slightly in the wind from all the people moving hurriedly around them. "Go on dear. You first."

Khiaave straighted her shoulders, shook her braid back behind her and lined her cart up with the bare wall. Her heart started beating rapidly and she tried to focus on just her breathing. She nodded and went off in a little jog, her focus blurring on the bricks that she was staring so hard at, then in a puff she went right through. To be honest, she closed her eyes tight at the last second! Her eyes opened wide just after however and took in the beautiful sight of the Hogwarts Express's beautiful red engine right in front of her, and all the people and kids stowing their luggage and boarding the train. Her parents emerged just seconds after her, holding hands. Khiaave wondered for a second how her muggle father was able to cross through, but she was too excited to ponder for long.

Khiaave said her quick goodbyes and boarded the train. She found the perfect seat next to a window and after changing into her new robes and stowing Kai in the luggage tray above her, she settled in and looked out the window to dream of Hogwarts.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:39 pm
User ImageUser Image

upcσmíng fírst чєαrunsσrtєdmugglєвσrn

вєcαusє ι'м нαρρу

Lyall led his family excitedly through the train station, grinning ear to ear. He looked at his ticket once more, then up at the train signs. Platform 9¾... but the platforms were only in increments of ones? He bit his lip, a sinking feeling in his heart. Was all this a clever ruse? It couldn't be, though... Mr Wesley wasn't fake, nor Miss Fiona, Mr Loki,or the other kids he'd met while shopping. He looked at his parents, standing before the sign marking platforms nine and ten. Maybe... maybe someone could help? Maybe he had to use magic! But... but he'd been told he wasn't allowed. Oh, what to do, what to do. "It should be right here, but it's not.... or maybe it is. Do I have a smudge on my glasses?" He slipped the specs off and scrubbed at them, then returned them to his face, looking around expectantly.

{Out of Character: Feel free to RP with Lyall!}

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:04 pm
User Image

----------r ι l e y--------w ι l ѕ o n----------

♪ You gotta fight ♫
♪ For your right ♫
♪ to PARTY! ♫

-----------ғ ι r ѕ т----y e a r----в l a n ĸ-----------

What am I doing? Getting money from the bank
How am I feeling? Scared
What's on my mind? What are those things?!?

Rider walked, pushing the cart in front of her, which was loaded with her belongings. Tintri mewed unhappily from the carrying case on the top of the pile. "I know, I know Tin," she murmered as she walked. The girl passed Platforms 7 and 8 and arrived at the Platforms 9 and 10. She walked down to the platform and looked around. 9 3/4's, 9 3/4's... She didn't see any indication as to where this was. Rider blinked in frustration and huffed, looking around. As she approached the boundary between 9 and 10, she saw a boy standing with his family. She pushed her cart towards them and politely cleared her throat. "Uhm, excuse me," she said, her Irish accent rolling out with her words. "Uhm, I was wondering if you might know where Platform 9 3/4's might be?" She shifted uncomfortably from foot to foot, hoping they didn't think she was crazy or something.

-----------o υ т----o ғ----c н a r a c т e r-----------

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:09 pm
User Image
Maylene Rose ~ Skylar Anne ~ Victoria Renae ~ Kyson Jeffrey ~ Tyler Carson

Together, the Macclellan family wove their way through the crowded Kings Cross Station. Tori was near the front with her brother, while Tyler and Maylene took up the rear with little Skylar, who was being held by her mother. She had never seen such a place as this. It was so big! And there were so many people around! It was... kind of scary, actually. In an exciting way, but still. The toddler clung tightly to her mother's neck, burying herself in the soft sweater the woman was wearing. "Wait up, Tori and Kyson. Don't run too far ahead. You know my rules," she called out. The pair slowed down, but Tori anxiously awaited their arrival at the Platform.

When the family pushed through to Platforms 9 and 10, they stopped. Tyler wheeled his daughter's cart to the front. "Are you sure you can push this thing, dear? It's pretty heavy," he said. Tori nodded vigorously. She looked around, taking in the last few minutes she had here in the boring world she lived in now. Soon, she would be at Hogwarts, where everything was exciting and new. She quickly took note of a boy who looked about her age. He had red glasses, and looked confused. "It should be right here," he had said to his family. Was he looking for Platform 9 and 3/4?

Curious, Tori approached the boy. Round, green eyes blinked at him as she said, "Are you looking for Platform 9 and 3/4, by chance?" Hopefully, he wasn't a Muggle. If he was, this whole situation had become really awkward, really fast. Even still, she hoped he wasn't a Muggle. At this point, she only had Rider and Feather as her friends. She really wanted another one, and this boy with the red glasses might be really nice. That's when she noticed Rider, asking about the Platform as well. Tori smiled and waved at her. "Rider, hey! I know how to get onto the Platform!" she exclaimed. The other Macclellans seemed to sigh as a group. Why not just let the whole station know about the magical Platform, eh?

User Image

SummerIsles

Miss GryffindorK

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:18 pm
User ImageUser Image

вєcαusє ι'м нαρρу

Lyall looked over as a girl asked if he was looking for the platform. "I-I am! Do you know how to get there? I thought maybe I was missing it, but now I think I might have a problem on my hands." He stopped and looked over as another girl chimed in, this one asking if he knew the platform's location. Lyall shook his head, glasses slipping down his nose. Once he'd pushed them up with his overly long sweater sleeve, he grinned. "No, no I don't, but... oh! Is your name Rider? I'm Lyall, Lyall Thompson. And you are?" He turned to look a the blonde, a bright smile on his face. He was so excited to find the magical platform, and she was going to help! How nice!

The Shiny Furret

SummerIsles

{Out of Character:}

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:24 pm
User Image

♪ You gotta fight ♫
♪ For your right ♫
♪ to PARTY! ♫

What am I doing? Getting money from the bank
How am I feeling? Scared
What's on my mind? What are those things?!?

As the boy said started to respond, Rider heard the voice of Tori, the girl she'd met at Diagon Alley. Tori, her new best friend! Rider turned and excitedly hugged Tori. "Ello Tori! Boy am I 'appy to see ye! And hello Mrs Macclellan and family." She turned to Lyall and extended her hand, smiling happily. "Pleasure to meet ye, Lyall. I am Rider. Rider Wilson." She turned back to Tori and smiled, then said, "So, 'ow do we get to Platform 9 3/4's? I don't see it anywhere." She was very excited, so it was possible that she might have missed it. Maybe tucked in a side corner, stealthily hidden from the norm... Muggles. They were called Muggles. She smiled, remembering that name.

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

The Shiny Furret

SummerIsles

The Beast and Harlot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:25 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

___𝑳 𝑶 𝑼 𝑰 𝑺 _ 𝑀 𝐴 𝑈 𝑅 𝐼 𝐶 𝐼 𝑂 _ 𝑨 𝑫 𝑫 𝑨 𝑹 𝑰 𝑶
          ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
          ________𝓮 𝑙 𝓮 𝑣 𝓮 𝓷_𝔂 𝓮 𝓪 𝓻 𝓼_𝓸 𝓵 𝓭,_𝓹 𝓾 𝓻 𝓮 𝓫 𝓵 𝓸 𝓸 𝓭

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

"Useless as rubbish you are," Louie groaned irritably. His older cousin, Leon, was not the least bit accustomed to driving European automobiles, or driving on the left lane, as they had unfortunately learned the hard way. Not to mention of course, Leon had absolutely no idea where he was going or how in Merlin's beard to get there. In the end, they had to floo to the Leaky Cauldron and breach through to Charing Cross Road and hail a black cab the rest of the trek to Kings Cross Station. But at long last, the first year cross the platforms with his ticket in hand and Leon chirping over his shoulder.

”Sooo, I don't see it.“ His cousin expressed deflatedly, the American accent was easy to pick up on despite the bustle of the train station and the buzz of muggles. Louie rolled his eyes of course, because just as he glanced backwards at his cousin he caught his eyes wandering towards the backside of a short skirt. The bloke wasn't even paying attention!

”It's this way, my mum and da' must've told me the story a thousand times.” Louie paused to shift his trunk from one hand to the other to point upwards along the way. ”How did you mates get to school across the pond?” Louie glanced upwards at the fifth and sixth platform passed behind them. ”Leon? Leon!” He spun around on the balls of his feet and inched to the tips of his toes. Where the hell had that ruddy prat run off too?

”Gotcha!”

"Aaah!" Leon shouted, dropped his trunk with a loud thud and collided his elbow backwards into something hard. He felt a hot breath moments before a set of hands clawed into his shoulders, it was impossible not to react! But the git was just howling away with laughter. ”Oi shuttup!” He huffed, his cheeks burned and his palms greased with sweat and he couldn't ease his racing heart. Instead of growing angry (because really, who could be on their first day of Hogwarts) he swiped up his trunk and bolted for the dividing barrier between platform nine and ten. The brick wall was solid as any other but it was different, he knew the story by heart. It was magic.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:59 pm
User Image

Tori smiled and returned Rider's hug. She was so sweet! The boy, Lyall, asked her name, to which she replied, "My name is Victoria Macclellan, but call me Tori Rae, 'kay?" Thus far, she only had Rider and Feather as her friends in her year. Maybe Lyall would be her friend too? He seemed pretty nice, and at first glance, rather sweet. Tyler came up behind his daughter, placing his hand on her shoulder. "We could take you both onto the Platform, if your parents are okay with it, Lyall," he said. The man guessed that the boy's parents were Muggles, seeing as the whole group didn't know where they were going. Well, that was okay. He and his wife would gladly assist the young man, and the girl as well.

{ooc: short post is short. c:}
User Image

SummerIsles

Miss GryffindorK

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:07 pm
User ImageUser Image

вєcαusє ι'м нαρρу

Lyall smiled, making sure to remember Rider Wilson and Victoria "Tori Rae" Macclellan. That seemed easy enough. Rider seemed confused about the platform as well, and if she was magic.... that meant maybe they'd broken the platform! Oh no! All at once, a man pat Tori Rae on the shoulder, then said he could help them, provided Ly's parents were fine with it. The boy nodded eagerly, hugging his parents goodbye. "Okay, Mr Macclellan! I'm ready to go, and so is Bubbles!" He gave his bunny a pat on the nose, then bounced eagerly as his parents headed off, tears in his mother's eyes. "How do we see the platform? Are we gonna use magic?!" He clapped his hands, beyond excited to get to go to school

The Shiny Furret

SummerIsles

{Out of Character: Herp derp post~

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:31 pm
User Image

♪ You gotta fight ♫
♪ For your right ♫
♪ to PARTY! ♫

What am I doing? Heading to the Platform
How am I feeling? Nervous and confused
What's on my mind? Where is the platform?

When the man she assumed was Tori's father said he could bring them both through to the platform, Rider smiled ecstatically and said, "Please, sir, lead the way." She smiled and pulled her cart aside, blinking excitedly. "Tori, me mum and da wanted to be here to meet ye, but they had to drive back to Cork and it's a bloody long drive. And they 'ave to work tomorrow, so they wanted to get started right away." She sighed, wishing they'd have stayed. She shook the thought away and nodded at Lyall's question. "Is it 'idden, like the entrance to Diagon?"

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

The Shiny Furret

SummerIsles

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:47 pm
User Image

Tyler shook his head with a chuckle. This Lyall certainly was an excited little fellow. He turned and returned to his daughter's cart, gesturing for the children to follow him after the boy's parents had left. "It is hidden, Rider, but not quite like the entrance to Diagon Alley. Now, what you're both going to do is, with your carts, push right through that wall there, between platforms 9 and 10," he explained, pointing to the thick, brick wall between the platforms. Tori nodded, for she already knew what to do. Her father had explained it to her before their arrival.

"You best get a running start, dears. And make sure you aim straight between the two platforms, or else you'll crash, Maylene added. She knew these children could get onto the Platform, but she was still concerned. She didn't want anyone getting hurt, after all. Tori took control of her cart and aligned it to the center of the wall. She gripped the handle bar tightly, then glanced at her two friends. "See you both on the other side!" she chimed. The blonde gave the heavy cart a forceful push, gaining momentum and running at the wall, phasing through the barrier and onto the Platform. Tyler and the rest of the Macclellans remained, waiting for Rider and Lyall to go through the barrier as well, though they were running out of time, for the train left at exactly 11 o'clock.

{ooc: emotion_yatta }
User Image

SummerIsles

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:59 pm
User ImageUser Image

вєcαusє ι'м нαρρу

Lyall nodded at Rider's question, sure the platform was hidden... with magic! Sure enough, Tori Rae's dad explained the magic, but it was terrifying. They had to run into a wall?! Tori Rae went first, her mom telling them to be careful. The boy gasped as his friend vanished through the wall. "So we just... run at that wall. All those bricks..." He frowned, then took a deep breath. He grabbed his cart, then pushed it at the wall, crying out as he flew through the wall and onto a mysterious platform.

The Shiny Furret

SummerIsles

{Out of Character:}

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:04 pm
User Image

♪ You gotta fight ♫
♪ For your right ♫
♪ to PARTY! ♫

What am I doing? Heading to the Platform
How am I feeling? Nervous and confused
What's on my mind? Where is the platform?

Tori's parents explained that they had to run straight at the wall separating the platforms. The girl blinked. These people are daft! she thought to herself and blinked, watching as Tori took her cart and started to run. She winced as Tori hit the wall... and then blinked in surprise as she passed right through. Lyall looked just as surprised, then he was doing it too. Rider hesitated, then said, "Well, wait for me!" She steered her cart to line up with the platform wall, then herself a running start, wincing when she would have hit the wall. Instead, she passed through the opening to the magical platform.

{Exit to Platform 9 3/4}

Miss GryffindorK

The Shiny Furret

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:20 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          тanya cнerrι
                                                          Looking Quiet at King's Cross with Tanya, Gypsy and Jer
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Nervous
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ Okay, how bad could this possibly be? ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

playgroυnd ѕcнool вell rιngѕ a g a ι n ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          raιn cloυdѕ c o м e т o p l a y agaιn ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxxxxxxxx
                                                          нaѕ no one тold yoυ ѕнe'ѕ noт в r e a т н ι n g ? нello, ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxxxxx
                                                          ι aм yoυr м ι n d gιvιng yoυ ѕ o м e o n e тo т a l ĸ т o. нello. ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceEcho ran through the barrier, anxious as always to be returning to King's Cross. On the other side, at 9 & 3/4, people knew to stand clear of the entrance. Returning the the muggle world, though, was a completely different story. He was always paranoid that some poor person was going to be standing on the other side, exactly in place for him to run into them with his things. Of course, he didn't actually have his trunk right now, just a couple bags with things for the break, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Still, he let out a relieved sigh when he was on the other side and didn't crash into someone. It wouldn't been awkward for multiple reasons, the least of which not being having to explain where the hell he'd just come from. Not to mention that his girlfriend, sister, and her boyfriend were all somewhere right behind him and would likely not wait more than a second to follow.

spaceAs soon as he was in the clear, he was immediately scoping the crowd, looking for one of three things; one he was hoping to spot (however disquieted he might feel about it), and two that he was hoping he wouldn't and planning on running as far away from as possible if he did. The first, obviously, was Tanya's eldest brother, whom Echo was hoping he would manage to recognize from her descriptions. Though, if he didn't, it was probably no real loss, since obviously Tanya would be better equipped to spot the guy (because she knew him personally, obviously, he was not cracking mental jokes about her height). Worst case scenario, he was pretty sure that Chalmes Whitethorne would have no trouble spotting Tanya whatsoever (okay, maybe he was cracking a couple of jokes about her height, so sue him).

spaceThe two things he didn't want to see were really more his concern at the present moment; the Ravenclaw didn't even try to hide the relief on his face when his grandparents didn't immediately approach him and try to whisk him off to their manor for the holiday. Gypsy had him paranoid; she was convinced that the two of them were going to show up and try to at least take him. Her, she wasn't so worried about. She was pretty much a lost cause, she'd hypothesized. But Echo had always managed to be cordial to them, if cold. Which, they probably didn't even realize that his being cold to them was because he disliked them; they weren't exactly into warm fuzzies. In any case, Gypsy was pretty sure that at least their grandmother was going to show up at the station to pick him up. If he spotted her, he wasn't above running; it wasn't like she'd be able to keep up, even if she were willing to try. Which, she wouldn't be; she was far to dignified (read: pretentious) for such a thing. Honestly, he was just hoping that she didn't show. Or, if she, or her and Grandfather, or just Grandfather, did come for him, they were too late and he was already on his way to Chalmes' flat with the young man. As terrifying as it was to be crashing on the couch of his girlfriend's older brother... he'd take it over running the risk of staying with those two any day.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ ιғ ι ѕ м ι l e and don'т в e l ι e v e
                                                          xxxxxx♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ ѕoon ι ĸnow ι'll w a ĸ e ғroм тнιѕ d r e a м
                                                          xxxxxxxxx♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ don'т тry тo ғ ι х м e, ι'м noт в r o ĸ e n нello,
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ ι aм тнe l ι e lιvιng ғor yoυ ѕo y o υ c a n н ι d e. don'т c r y

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Yukina101

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250