Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms
The Hogwarts Express Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 93 94 95 96

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AliceInWonderland0921
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:37 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx♫ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Platform 9¾
xxx♪ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Fiadh
xxxx♫ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Going to school!
xxxxx♪ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? This is so exciting!

When Fi said she'd love to hear Liv play, she chuckled and said, "You probably will." She would probably have her guitar with her every moment she wasn't in class after all. Sliding off the bench again, she paced a little around the cabin until the snack trolley arrived, buying some sweets for them to share. The English countryside passed by them as the train continued chugging along to Scotland. This was the furthest that Olivia had ever traveled away from London and she wasn't really used to the sight of the countryside, so it was pretty awe inspiring. She routinely commented on things they passed, excited to be experiencing new things.

Tʜᴇʏ ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴜs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴛᴏᴏ ʟᴏsᴛ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍɪɴɢ
          ᴛᴏᴏ ʙᴜsʏ ᴛʜʀᴏᴡɪɴɢ ʀᴏᴄᴋs ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴇɪʟɪɴɢ
          Tʜᴇʏ ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴜs ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ ɴᴏ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ
          ʙᴜᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴜs ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴀʟ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ
          Wᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴄʜᴀsɪɴɢ sʜᴀᴅᴏᴡs ɪɴ ᴄᴏɴᴄʀᴇᴛᴇ ᴄᴀsᴛʟᴇs!
          Rᴜɴɴɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ᴏғ ɴɪɢʜᴛ
          Wɪᴛʜ sᴄʀᴀᴘᴇs ᴏɴ ᴏᴜʀ ᴋɴᴇᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ʀɪᴘs ɪɴ ᴏᴜʀ ᴊᴇᴀɴs
          Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ɪғ ɪᴛ's ᴡʀᴏɴɢ ᴏʀ ʀɪɢʜᴛ
          Wᴇ ᴅᴏ ɪᴛ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʜʀɪʟʟ

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:19 am
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Hogwarts Express
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Waiting on Linsey
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Saying Goodbye, probably
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I don't want to move houses...

As the year wound down, Ella found herself getting more and more reclusive. She didn't want to have to move into an orphanage. She'd even had dreams of being invited back to the Antonov household, even though there was no way that was going to happen. The morning they were set to depart, Ella finished packing the last of her belongings into her trunk, putting on an outfit she deemed cute enough. After all, if she was going to have to meet a bunch of new people, she didn't want to look crazy or anything.

When they boarded the train, Linsey told her not to disembark the train without her. While that was a little weird, Ella assumed it was for a chance to say goodbye, and agreed. Linsey offered her Blannat, blankets and pillows, and even a bit of money for the snack trolley to make the ride a little less horrible, all of which was turned down by the brunette. After Linsey had started her rotations or whatever, Ella found herself holed up in the little hiding spot she'd discovered on the way into school, holding a book on magical creatures to read.

The ride was eternal, and Ella was a little glad to stretch her legs at the end. Thankfully, she was all but invisible to most people. She waited until a lot of the people had disembarked, then walked over to the door she'd promised to meet Linsey by. Maybe, just maybe, the fates would smile upon her... but knowing how they often turned a blind eye... well, she expected the worst to happen.

{{Wearing :: Fox Themed Attire}}
          Graydon Ironshield

Aɴᴅ ɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ɢʀᴏᴡɴ ᴜᴘ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜɪs ɴᴏᴛɪᴏɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙʟᴀᴍᴇ
          Aɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ sᴇᴇᴍ sᴏ sᴛʀᴏɴɢ sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs, ʙᴜᴛ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ sᴛɪʟʟ ғᴇᴇʟ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ
          As ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡʜᴏ sʜɪɴᴇᴅ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ʜɪs ʟᴀᴢʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴘᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ʜᴇʟʟ
          I ᴡɪsʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ, sᴛɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ɪᴍᴘʀᴇss ʜɪᴍ ʙᴜᴛ ʜᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ
          Oʜ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴀᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʜᴇ ᴄʀᴜsʜᴇᴅ ᴀʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs?
          Oʜ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴅʏɪɴɢ ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴᴛ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ
          Hᴇ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴏ ᴄᴏʟᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʜɪs ᴅᴀᴜɢʜᴛᴇʀ
          Bᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴠᴇɪɴs ᴀs ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀʀʀʏ ʜɪs ɴᴀᴍᴇ ᴛᴜʀɴs ᴛʜɪɴɴᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ
          Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ's ɴᴏᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴜʟᴛ. Iᴛ ᴡᴀs ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴜʟᴛ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:55 pm
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish
RavenclawFifth YearFifteen Years OldSingleRavenclaw PrefectQuidditch Vice-CaptainCulinary Club Captain

For Linsey, the end of the term came like a proverbial runaway train, as it seemed after her last Quidditch match she barely had the chance to do anything other than prepare for her OWLs, and each day seemed to come quicker than the one previous. One thing she took the time to do was to have at least one meal a day with Ella, as the girl seemed to get quieter and more inclined to pull vanishing acts as the end of the school year grew closer, and Linsey grew increasingly concerned for her.

Shortly after the start of the winter term, Mom and Da told Linsey they were considering adopting Ella, and wanted her input. Linsey loved the idea, and was worried about they might not be able to pull things off before summer, and that Ella might be stuck at Wool’s in a state of legal limbo. Mother Grey told her, ‘Dinna ye worry yer head, Uain Bheag. That child will nary darken the door nor set foot one under the eaves of that thrice-cursed place if’n I have a say innit.’ As it was, Linsey was asked to say nothing to Ella, as nothing was yet signed, and nobody wanted for Ella’s hopes to be raised and dashed without cause.

OWLs arrived like a Force Ten storm, and while some of them were comparative cakewalks, such as her Charms and her Wandless OWL, others, like her Defense Against Dark Arts OWL, hit her hard. In the case of the later, her boggart literally engulfed her and tried to squeeze the life out of her; while she was able to drive it off, the cost of her effort put her in Hospital Wing overnight. Linsey was also fairly certain she might have just lost out on scoring an Outstanding on her Wizard Law OWL, as her final summation argument netted a nearly split decision from the panel of Ministry examiners.

Then, all of a sudden, it was departure day. Her trunk was loaded up, and it was time to head home. With OWLs done, the Year End Feast behind them, and awards passed out, Linsey was simply looking forward to going home, and just crashing for a few days before doing anything. Curiously, Linsey found a note perched atop her trunk, while she was getting ready for the day’s journey, and in it was a message written in her godmother’s usual precise script: ‘The game is afoot, Uain Bheag. Be ready. L..’ Seeing that gave Linsey hope the day may yet not end in tears.

Wanting to look the part of the Prefect once more before putting all that stuff away for the summer, Linsey wore a knee-length wool skirt in Ravenclaw tartan, hose and a pair of navy-blue high-heeled shoes, over a white dress shirt, a copy of Milan’s patented mustard-coloured corset vest, and a dark blue school jacket with the Hogwarts crest upon the breast pocket, while her long hair was brushed back and worn with a black Alice hairband.

Once they were on the train, Linsey suggested to Ella she stay in the compartment she set up for Blannat to stay in, as she felt it presumptuous to expect the other Prefects to have to share the Prefects’ Compartment with a dog who would take up much of the floor space. Linsey let her know she had a stadium blanket and a travel pillow with her stuff, which she’d originally brought along so she could take a nap with her dog, however, she knew Ella would be otherwise miserable on the trip back to London. She also offered Ella several Galleons to get whatever she wanted off the trolley. While her friend declined, one thing Linsey was insistent upon, was for Ella to wait for her and Blannat before leaving the train.

When the train pulled into the station, Linsey did what she did last Christmas, making sure things went smoothly. At one point, she was helping some poor soul retrieve their cat who’d chosen then to be a good time to hide out in a luggage rack and not come out. She also took the time to pass tins of homemade fudge out to her Culinary Club members as gifts. She then made one last check of the train to make sure there weren’t any stragglers, before collecting her bag and her faithful wolfhound.

Linsey was relieved to see Ella where they agreed to meet, and she went over to hug her. Blannat leaned his head against the younger girl, nuzzling her ear with his big, cold wet nose. “Everything’s going to be okay, Ella,” Linse said to her in a soft, though insistent tone. “I just know it. Just need to have a little faith, that’s all.”

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image
                  "All my life I never really knew me till today
                  Now I know why, I'm just another step along the way

I lie awake for hours, I'm just waiting for the sun
                  When the journey we are making has begun
                  Don't deny the feeling that is stealing through your heart
                  Every happy ending needs to have a start

All my life I never really knew me till today
                  Now I know why, I'm just another step along the way "

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:28 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Hogwarts Express
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Waiting on Linsey
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Saying Goodbye, probably
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I don't want to move houses...

Ella waited patiently (though with increasing worry) as Linsey completed her prefect tasks. Carnelian eyes watched as the blonde passed by a few times, ever busy with her tasks. She felt smaller and smaller as she realized that she probably wouldn't be able to see the girl she'd come to know as a friend all summer long. She sighed softly, then stepped aside as a few straggling students left out the door. Ella glanced after them, wondering if Linsey had forgotten about her... after all, everyone else seemed to have forgotten her.

While she was trapped in thoughts of loneliness and sadness, she didn't notice the large wolfhound walk over until he pressed his cold nose against her. "Ah!" she squeaked, a momentary panic causing her to completely freeze up. Thankfully, she knew the dog, relaxing a bit as she gently pat Blannat atop his head. Her sad eyes looked over at Linsey's words, before her gaze dropped. Linsey always seemed so optimistic, and though Ella wanted to feel the same, well... she was more acutely aware of the horrible nature of humans. Linsey told her to have a little faith, earning a sigh.

"I've tried having faith and it never works.... why should I start today?"

{{Wearing :: Fox Themed Attire}}
          Graydon Ironshield

Aɴᴅ ɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ɢʀᴏᴡɴ ᴜᴘ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜɪs ɴᴏᴛɪᴏɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙʟᴀᴍᴇ
          Aɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ sᴇᴇᴍ sᴏ sᴛʀᴏɴɢ sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs, ʙᴜᴛ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ sᴛɪʟʟ ғᴇᴇʟ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ
          As ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡʜᴏ sʜɪɴᴇᴅ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ʜɪs ʟᴀᴢʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴘᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ʜᴇʟʟ
          I ᴡɪsʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ, sᴛɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ɪᴍᴘʀᴇss ʜɪᴍ ʙᴜᴛ ʜᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ
          Oʜ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴀᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʜᴇ ᴄʀᴜsʜᴇᴅ ᴀʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs?
          Oʜ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴅʏɪɴɢ ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴᴛ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ
          Hᴇ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴏ ᴄᴏʟᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʜɪs ᴅᴀᴜɢʜᴛᴇʀ
          Bᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴠᴇɪɴs ᴀs ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀʀʀʏ ʜɪs ɴᴀᴍᴇ ᴛᴜʀɴs ᴛʜɪɴɴᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ
          Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ's ɴᴏᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴜʟᴛ. Iᴛ ᴡᴀs ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴜʟᴛ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:01 pm
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish
RavenclawFifth YearFifteen Years OldSingleRavenclaw PrefectQuidditch Vice-CaptainCulinary Club Captain

Linsey repressed a chuckle seeing Blannat manage to surprise Ella, but then she’d likely been waiting a bit for her to get done with her Prefect duties. The soon-to-be Sixth Year wanted to be thought of as being conscientious in her tasks, and she took her responsibilities seriously. Hearing Ella answer her hopeful thought with ‘I've tried having faith and it never works.... why should I start today?’ was enough to bring tears to Linsey’s eyes, and she pulled the younger girl closer to her, while the wolfhound started licking Ella’s hand.

As they stood there, Linsey was reminded of what Mother Grey told her over the holiday. ‘Dear child, there is no greater tragedy than the soul that has lost its way and fallen into shadow. In life, we fight not against powers and principalities, but against the chaos and despair which seeks to take all the light and joy out of our lives. Greater sorrow than the death of flesh is the death of hope, and the death of dreams. It is against this peril we can never surrender.’ Linsey answered Ella quietly, “Because real faith endures, faith manages; because life without faith and hope really isn’t living. Its just existing. That’s why.”

Glancing around the train and down the companionway, Linsey added with a sigh, betraying just how tired she actually was, even though she hid it behind her usual sunny façade. “Okay, I think we’re about all that’s left aboard, so we’d best push off. I just wanted to make sure nobody else was hiding out, before meeting up with you. It’s going to be okay, Ella. Blannat and I are right here, watching over you. We’re not going to let anything happen to you; you can have faith in that.”

Linsey led the younger girl over towards the exit, leading out to the platform. Standing right there, only a few feet away, were her indigo-haired mother, Siobhan and her father, Conall. Not far away were her Aunt Fianna and Uncle Lochlainn, and their children, five-year-old, red-haired Freya, and her big brother, ten-year-old Finn. Standing slightly apart from the two groupings were Mother Grey, who looked every bit the archetype of the modern family matriarch, and Selina dressed in her usual dark-coloured business clothes.

The fifteen-year-old Ravenclaw glanced towards Selina, who simply gave her a slight nod while tapping the side of her nose. Right then, little Freya pointed towards the train and breathlessly piped up with, “Momma, it’s Linnsey and Cousin Ella!” There were a few chuckles around the grouping, and it was then Hannah held out her hands, and said warmly, “Welcome home, Ella.”

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image
                  "All my life I never really knew me till today
                  Now I know why, I'm just another step along the way

I lie awake for hours, I'm just waiting for the sun
                  When the journey we are making has begun
                  Don't deny the feeling that is stealing through your heart
                  Every happy ending needs to have a start

All my life I never really knew me till today
                  Now I know why, I'm just another step along the way "

King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms