Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms
Platform 10

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:46 pm
Platform 10

Just a Muggle train platform beside Platform 9¾.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:54 pm
User Image

❤❤ T A M A R AR A D C L I F F E
6TH YEAR, GRYFFINDOR ~ PREFECT
¦¦ if you're going through hell, keep on going
xxxxxxxxxx x x

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬

In the girl's bathroom next to Platform Ten, there was a snapping nose as a beautiful blond girl appeared in one of the stalls. She stepped out of the stall and looked at herself in the mirror. A girl about her age emerged from one of the other stalls and Tamara turned to smile at her. The Muggle girl quickly hurried out of the bathroom. Shrugging, Tamara adjusted her make up slightly and walked from the bathroom. She walked the platform, visually searching for Eraz. She stopped at the column in between Platforms 9 & 10. She smirked as she touched the stone, knowing she'd be here in a couple weeks for her last return to Hogwarts as a student. She looked around again before dipping into a waiting room. She quickly shifted into her animal form and, with the door ajar, sniffed the air. No scent of Eraz on the air. She shifted back to her human form and sat on one of the benches. She rubbed her chin. "What do I know about Eraz? He's an Herbologist... Maybe I could find him in nature. But there's so much nature to search. Maybe... maybe the Forest of Dean... But that's a large forest too. Oh, but he's a tough b*****d. He could be in any street or any village. All of England is tough to search." She sighed heavily. This special training better be worth it, she thought to herself. Course, it won't matter if I can't find him. She felt a little anger welling in her chest. "This is impossible..." She sighed again and drew in several calming breaths, trying to relieve her anger. "Knowing what I know of Eraz, he'd be the type to go somewhere I'd hate to be, trying to put me out of my element. Knockturn." She furrowed her brow and drew in a deep breath, trying to calm her now pounding heart. She rose from the bench and, making sure no Muggles were looking into the room, disapparated for Knockturn Alley.  

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Tipsie Fairy

Heart Hunter

6,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:42 pm
Mr. & Mrs. O'Connell

User Image

Seán │ Gryffindor Alumni ----- │ ----- McKenna │ Muggle

When Seán walked out the barrier he didn't immediately see his wife. Fighting worry, he walked a little further into the muggle platform when he noticed McKenna was sitting on a bench just on the side of Platform 10. Her hands covered her face, trying to hide silent tears streaming down. Several passerby's, some wizard but mostly muggle, had stopped to see if she was okay or if she needed any help. She nodded and said she was fine and they went about their business, leaving her to cry on the bench alone.

Her husband came and sat next to her, put an arm around her shoulders and pull her in. He let her bury her face in her chest and cry. A little while of this passed before the crying stopped and he allowed himself to speak. "Baby, I know this will be 'ard for you, but it will only be a few months. It will feel like nothing," he assured her, using a finger under her chin to look into her beautiful eyes. "I know..." she said sadly. "But with them gone, it just brings time closer before you get accepted and then you be off in some other country for a week at a time," she reminded him. "I'll be all by mehself in our big empty 'ouse." He shook his head. "You know you can come with me. If the girls are home they will come too." "But you will also have practices and meetings to go to!" she exclaimed, trying to keep her voice low. McKenna was so used to having her husband and little girls home with her most of the time. The change was going to be hard for her, and Seán understood that. "Baby, don't worry about that right now. I'm here right now, aren't I?" The question was rhetorical and he brought her face in for a kiss. "Your right, like usual," she smiled and stood up. "Let's go home," she said as she grabbed her husband's hand and tugged, pulling him up. They walked away hand in hand, headed towards their car to go home.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:41 pm
User Image

I x h a v e x p a s s e d x t h r o u g h x f i r e - - -
s a l e m x a l u m n a
c u r s e b r e a k e r
p l a t f o r m x t e n

o l i v e r x d a v i s
w h a t x n o w
l o s t

Arwen stepped off the train, following Oliver's instructions to get off at platform ten. To be honest, she was struggling a bit. She wasn't overly confident traveling in the United Kingdom, let alone using muggle transportation for the first time. Since she had moved, she had travelled using strictly magic. The young witch glanced around, a bundle of anxiety growing in the pit of her stomach. Arwen did not want to fumble in front of Oliver, partly because she didn't want to make a bad impression, but also because she was afraid of revealing magic to him. She wasn't even sure how a muggle would react to learning that information. She had even considered leaving her a wand at home, just to ensure that she didn't slip up, but decided against it. It would feel weird without it.

Arwen scanned the platform for any indications of where they should go next, and then she furrowed her brows. Were they even in the right place? How hard is it, really, to get to London? She looked back at him, a little for guidance, but mostly for reassurance that she wasn't alone or lost,
"Oliver, are you sure we're in the right place?" she frowned slightly, "I don't recognize the names on the signs," she admitted, feeling less than helpful. Arwen readjusted the scarf around her neck, hoping to find warmth soon, although she was not feeling overly confident. She hoped that their first Not-Date wouldn't be ruined by their seeming inability to get where they needed to go. That would just be...the pits.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

♚ ♚ ♚ ♚ g r a n d d a u g h t e r x o f x t h e x w i t c h e s x y o u x f a i l e d xt o x b u r n ♚ ♚ ♚

kiska166

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:09 pm
User Image

╔══════════════════════════════════════╗
                                                Oliver Davis
                                                Twenty Two Years Old - Pureblood
                                                Office for the Detection and Confiscation Counterfeit Defensive Spells and Protective Objects

╚══════════════════════════════════════╝

Oliver stepped off the train, leading Arwen to a map that stood in the middle of the station. After observing the map for a moment, he lit up, mostly in relief that they had indeed found London and were pretty close to the shopping centre – Ollie just needed to figure out how to get there from here. It was a lot more difficult to use the muggle transportation system than he had remembered as a kid. God, being a wizard and apparating was so much more convenient. Unfortunately for him, it was against the law to use magic in front of muggles.

The blond huffed, continuing to scan over the map. It was kind of sad that he lived in London for the majority of his life, but really had only a glimmer of an idea of how to get around by foot – and no idea how to navigate the bus system throughout the city. In his defense, he was away at school for the majority of the years, and in the summer, he never really went further than walking distance from his sisters’ house. And when he did, he would typically have one of them apparate him – or he would just do it himself but only to and from magical areas to avoid getting into trouble.

The more Oliver tried to note the directions, the more frustrated he got. How was anyone supposed to figure this s**t out? “Yes, I’m sure. Can’t you see it says London?” he snapped, not even turning around to look at Arwen. A moment had gone by before the man turned around, horrified by himself. “I’m sorry. I’m just cold and –” he started, but stopped speaking because he really didn’t have a reason to be an arse right now. And he didn’t mean to be – not on their first not-date. “Honestly, I dunno where we’re supposed to go,” he admitted, scratching the back of his neck sheepishly. The blond hoped Arwen wouldn’t grow suspicious and question how he didn’t know the area although he supposed he could just tell her he was incredibly directionally challenged.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

It almost feels like it was just a dream
                                                ♫ All these memories of you and me

Rawwry

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:11 pm
User Image

s a l e m x a l u m n a
c u r s e b r e a k e r
p l a t f o r m x t e n

o l i v e r x d a v i s
n o t x d a t e
l o s t

Arwen followed Oliver to the map, 'Ah, like a theme park,' she thought to herself. She squinted at the map, crossing her arms across her chest. Sure, she could point at London on the map, but where was she in relation to London now? Arwen furrowed her brows, feeling as though this whole thing could be solved by the flick of a wand. But, muggles were around, and she couldn't just grab Oliver's hand and be like "don't let go, we're teleporting because we're lost with very little hope of getting to London". On the other hand, however, maybe a few confused people would be worth the ease of just apparating.

When Oliver snapped at her, she arched a brow,
"Yes, I can see it, thank you. But we're not there," she bit back, tightening her grip on herself, trying to save her body warmth from escaping. Arwen frowned slightly at him, maybe this wasn't such a good idea. "Didn't you say you were "born and raised in London"?" she asked, she had an excuse - she didn't live here, but he should know, shouldn't he? Although, she had told him that she went shopping in London recently, so she should know where to go also. Maybe she could just write it off as disoriented? Or maybe just lost? Arwen tucked a stray curl behind her ear, looking around the platform again. She took a deep breath, letting the tension leave her shoulders before turning to look at him, "Maybe I can just...ask someone for help? Play the dumb tourist?" she suggested. If Oliver didn't say anything, or if he had a super good American accent, they could get some help. People usually picked her out as a visitor, her accent, or lack thereof, was a dead give away.

Arwen looked back at the map, a sour look on her face, "Maps are so antiquated anyway." She worked with them a lot when cursebreaking, but they were her least favorite part. It was very easy to get wrapped up in the miscellaneous details rather than focusing solely on what was important. The girl took another step forward, if she sat and worked it out for long enough, she could probably figure it out. But then again, it would be so much easier to ask for help and even more efficient to use magic. Although, one is a lot more likely to happen than the other.

♚ ♚ ♚ ♚ g r a n d d a u g h t e r x o f x t h e x w i t c h e s x y o u x f a i l e d xt o x b u r n ♚ ♚ ♚

kiska166

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:15 pm
User Image

╔══════════════════════════════════════╗
                                                Oliver Davis
                                                Twenty Two Years Old - Pureblood
                                                Office for the Detection and Confiscation Counterfeit Defensive Spells and Protective Objects

╚══════════════════════════════════════╝

Oliver swallowed hard when Arwen asked about him being born and raised in London. “London is a big city, alright? I don’t know every single part of it,” he stated, hoping that would have fooled her. The blond did not want to come off as stupid, especially since he wasn’t dumb. It would have been so much easier to just tell her that he never had to use the transportation system because he never needed to. He would have done so, too, if he knew that she could be trusted and wouldn’t just run off, scared of him. Or worst of all, think he was a complete loon. Unfortunately, he would have to get to know her a lot better before he could give away his secret.

When Arwen piped up with a new idea, Oliver nodded enthusiastically. “That’s brilliant!” he exclaimed. “You’d fit right in. Err – you know, because of the accent,” he said, hoping to save himself. The wizard hoped he didn’t come off rude as he hadn’t meant anything by saying Arwen would fit right in as a tourist. “I mean, I could try, too. How’s this?” he asked before continuing in possibly the worst American accent she had ever heard. “Hey, there. How are you doing, man? Can I interest you in some burgers and beer?” Based on the expression on Arwen’s face, it would probably be best if he stayed mute.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

It almost feels like it was just a dream
                                                ♫ All these memories of you and me

Rawwry

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:25 pm
User Image

s a l e m x a l u m n a
c u r s e b r e a k e r
p l a t f o r m x t e n

o l i v e r x d a v i s
n o t x d a t e
l o s t

The woman raised an eyebrow at Oliver, she was more than skeptical by his excuse but then she frowned gently, she didn't have a super sound excuse either, "Alright, whatever," she mumbled, deciding to not dwell on the subject. Arwen figured that sooner or later, she would have to let the cat out of the bag and tell him that she was a witch. Arguing over directions consistently would not be very pragmatic to the progression of their friendship. On the other hand, revealing that secret could cause a lot of bad things to happen and Arwen was not one to take a risk with that many unknown variables to effect the results. In that sense, she was very much like her father. If that was a good thing, she wasn't quite sure yet.

Arwen grinned, she knew her plan was a good idea, but hearing the validation made her chest swell with pride. "Thanks, I think," She chuckled, to be fair, it was her same reasoning too. When Oliver offered to try, she opened her mouth to object before closing it as he displayed his voice acting skills. "Oh, honey," Arwen smiled at him sympathetically, placing a gloved hand on his shoulder, "You know? I think I'll handle it this time." She took a deep breath and turned around, scanning the platform for help. Arwen took a step forward, tapping a passing woman on the arm, "Excuse me, miss. My boy- my friend and I are a here on vacation and are a bit lost. How do you get to the shopping district from here?" She asked, although she had changed her word choice halfway through her sentence, deciding they had no reason to fabricate a story other than the whole tourist plot. Besides, what would that woman care? Arwen listened intently as the woman gave her directions. Although, based on both her and Oliver being "directionally inept", she wasn't so sure they would find it as efficiently as she had hoped.

kiska166

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers