Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
Godric's Hollow Graveyard ~ England Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:37 pm
Godric's Hollow Graveyard

User Image

A graveyard where many famous witches and wizards were buried, including Lily and James Potter. It is rumored to be haunted.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:27 pm
User Image

Strike sat on one of the cemetery's headstones, a piece of parchment on his leg as he scribbled on it with a quill. He glanced up at the unforgiving, cold sky as it began to snow. He let the snow land on him, feeling the cold but not feeling the reactions to it that he would have as a human. No, those instincts were long dead in him. He didn't shiver or feel his body temperature drop because it was already so low. That's what happened when you no long had a heartbeat. The snow gathered on his purple hair as he continued to write his letter. An owl that he had recently bought hooted calmly, waiting to serve Strike.

After a few minutes, Strike put down the quill and reread his letter.

User Image

With a nod of approving, Strike folded the letter and slipped it into an envelope. He signed the front with Jack's name, and turned to the owl, "Now, you must deliver this to Jack, at Hogwarts," Strike spoke as he handed the letter to the owl. The owl took the letter in its talons and turned its head. It blinked at him, almost understandingly. Strike nodded, and watched as the owl began to flap its wings and take off. It flew off, disappearing into the cloudy, snowy sky.

Strike watched the owl until he could not, which took a while with his eyesight. His mind raced with thoughts and he wondered what Jack was doing at that moment. What was his first vampire doing with Strike's instructions? Was he even doing them? Strike crossed his arms and readjusted on the tombstone.

◙■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■◙

Currently...
What I'm thinking: What's Jack up to?
What I'm doing: Sending a letter
Who I'm with: Myself
Where I am:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:50 pm
User Image
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄Zane▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄Acacia▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Striker's ClanEx-Ravenclaw

Come a w a y little light come a w a y to the darkness,
In the shade of the ☽☾night☽☾ we will come looking for you.

Godric's Hollow had such an odd feel about it. The place reminded him of his family's home back in Coventry. That was a place that he would rather not remember. Then there was the whole matter that he was standing in a graveyard. He should have been standing in another graveyard years ago with his family, but that was all in the past. He was a different person now, maybe not an entirely new person, but he was certainly different.

Zane felt something cold land on his head. He looked up to see the unfriendly grey sky that he had come to associate with snow. He looked back in front of him to see the gentle flakes fall in front of him as a cloud of his own breath formed in front of him.

Perfectly content in his own frozen world, Zane hardly realized that anything else was going on in the cemetery. Snow happened to have a pretty hypnotizing effect on him. What brought Zane back to reality was the owl flying off. He only saw it for a moment before it disappeared.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:15 pm
User Image

This was the easy part. Sending the owl was just the first step, and, to Strike, was the easiest. Why? Because everything was beginning to be set into motion. Jack would receive the letter and most likely panic. He would be torn between serving his master - Strike - and helping the school. Jack knew Strike was a threat to everyone around him, and he would act on that fear like an instinct. Perhaps he would run? Strike dismissed the thought as quickly as it came; Jack knew, of all people, that he could not outrun Strike. No one could.

He stared into the sky for a moment longer before turning his attention to his fledgling, "We will be heading to Hogwarts," Strike brushed off the snow that was gathering on his shoulders while he spoke, "And, when we get there, we'll be meeting up with Jack. Do you remember him? You were in a lot of pain when you two met..."

At this, Strike pushed himself off the tombstone and smirked at Zane. A few weeks out and about, and Zane had already been grilled with some of the typical vampire jargon. Don't do this, don't forget to do this, and this is how you do this. Strike had been almost rushing Zane through the steps, hoping the fledgling would be able to keep up. They did have eternity, but, still... Strike was never sure when there was danger just around the corner or not. It would devastate him if he lost a fledgling at such a young age.

"Are you ready? It'll be a long trip from here. A few days trip, actually,"

Currently...
What I'm thinking: Time to go to school
What I'm doing: Sending a letter
Who I'm with: Zane
Where I am:

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:36 pm
User Image
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄Zane▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄Acacia▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Striker's ClanEx-Ravenclaw

Come a w a y little light come a w a y to the darkness,
In the shade of the ☽☾night☽☾ we will come looking for you.

Zane had been standing still, gathering snow in just about every place that snow could collect on him. He had snow on his head, his shoulders, his feet, and some had even managed to go down his shirt. Not that he noticed. Last winter, he would have cursed at the unbearable pain of snow going down his shirt. It hardly occurred to him now.

Hogwarts. That would be an interesting place to return to. There were so many memories locked away in that place. Hardly any of them fond for the boy. There was always time to make new memories. Maybe not now, but maybe when all of this training had ended. Of course, who knew how long that would take him.

"Sounds familiar," Zane admitted when asked about Jack. Honestly, all the boy remembered about that night was the pain and meeting Strike. He could not remember another person being in the forest when he was changed.

Zane brushed the snow off of him. "I guess so," the fledgling replied, uncertain of why the trip would take so long. The only thing that came to his mind was the obvious response that they would be walking.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:08 pm
User Image

Strike smiled at Zane's responses. Yes, they would be going to Hogwarts, he told himself. This excited him. He would get to see Jack again, and hopefully see his progress. If there was any. If not, Strike would be cross, "Let's go then," he laughed, putting his arm around his fledgling.

Together, they would make their way to Hogwarts. By foot.

Currently...
What I'm thinking: Time to go to school
What I'm doing: Heading to Hogwarts.
Who I'm with: Zane
Where I am:

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:38 pm
User Image

Strike's eyes shot open and he screamed. He grabbed at his heart and thrashed in the coffin he was buried in. A pain coursed through him and he screamed into the earth that he was buried under. Something bad had happened to Arachnid. Something terrible, and it blazed in the vampire like a fire.

The pain subsided, but the man was now a fury. He forced the coffin open with his strength and dug through the dirt. When he reached the surface, he growled. Covered in dirt, just awakening from a day's sleep, Strike was a mess. But, now, add rage to the mix. He clawed himself from the grave he had been sleeping in, the growls escaping his throat becoming more vicious.

"How dare they!" Strike screamed to no one in particular. The crows perched on the tree above him scattered when he let out an unearthly scream of anger. As soon as he was out of the dirt, he was racing towards Hogwarts. He would run through the night, into the day, if he had to.

No one - no one - could hurt Arachnid. He was his!

Currently...
What I'm thinking: I will kill them!
What I'm doing: Racing towards Hogwarts
Who I'm with: Myself
Where I am: Exiting Godric's Hollow Graveyard.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:41 pm
When the crypt doors creak and the tombstone quake...
Spooks come out for a swinging wake!
Happy haunts materialize and begin to vocalize;
Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!
Now don't close your eyes and don't try to hide...
Or a silly spook may sit by your side;
Shrouded in a daft disguise, they pretend to terrorize.

User Image
𝔡𝔢𝔞𝔲𝔰
𝔴𝔥𝔦𝔱𝔢𝔰𝔥𝔞𝔡𝔢

𝔪𝔲𝔤𝔤𝔩𝔢𝔟𝔬𝔯𝔫𝔣𝔦𝔯𝔰𝔱 𝑦𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔲𝔫𝔰𝔬𝔯𝔱𝔢𝔡

Deaus walked around the graveyard with a cheery whistle looked around at each of the tombstones, reading the names saying good morning to the occupants. He heard rumors that this place was haunted and wanted to see if he could make some more ghost friends. He was having a hard time making normal friends since he came to the orphanage. He was just the creepy kid with the raven who talked to himself. 'They must think I'm crazy, stupid muggles, it's because of them my friends have to stay hidden and keep secret.' In the red headed boy's hand was a raven, he was sharing some carries with it as he sat by a statue. "I don't think there's any ghosts around here Gwen. I mean maybe I can say that I'm magic, but the governor said I should keep that part a secret, and there might be muggles to overhear." The boy said fixing his shirt, it felt tight on him he hated going back to wearing muggle clothing, everything was so clingy. Though that might be because when he was wearing robes they wear oversized on him.

OOC:
KISKA166

As the moon climbs high o'er the dead oak tree-
Spooks arrive for the midnight spree!
Creepy creeps with eerie eyes...
Start to shriek and harmonize!
When you hear the knell of a requiem bell;
Weird glows gleam where spirits dwell;
Restless bones etherialize, rise as spooks of every size.

Xistund

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:39 pm
User Image

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

╔══════════════════════════════════╗
Mackenzie Hawthorne
Gryffindor - Second Year - Twelve Years Old - Reserve Chaser - Halfblood - Adopted
╚══════════════════════════════════╝

Mackenzie wasn’t allowed to go anywhere without first asking her mum if she could go, and she wasn’t allowed to wander around alone. Today, she broke both rules. Accidently, though! It started out with her playing at the park with her friend, but unlike most days, when her friend was called home, Mackenzie didn’t leave as well. Instead, she stayed, swinging and thinking about nothing in particular. Her mind just wouldn’t shut off and she got lost in thought. After growing bored of playing alone, she decided she’d go for a walk. She knew the general direction in which she’d gone, so she knew the general direction to get back, but she wasn’t planning on leaving yet. Not until the sun began to set and darken the sky. So she continued to walk and pass through the fenced entrance before realizing she’d been walking through a graveyard.

At the sound of a whistle, Mackenzie snapped out of her thoughts, suddenly frightened. Did someone know she was here? Or perhaps something? The twelve year old began to mentally beat herself up for being so careless as to step foot into a graveyard. This place gave her the creeps and sent chills down her spine, but she followed the sound of the whistle although rather cautiously. After a moment or two, the girl spotted someone – a kid – sitting by a statue, talking to an ugly, black bird. Raising an eyebrow at him, the girl approached him. It was better to have a friend here than be all alone. “Hel- Hello!” she called from about twenty feet away, just loud enough for him to hear. After all, she didn’t want to capture the attention from an unwanted visitor.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

Xistund

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:54 pm

User Image
𝔡𝔢𝔞𝔲𝔰
𝔴𝔥𝔦𝔱𝔢𝔰𝔥𝔞𝔡𝔢

Deaus looked up and saw a girl around her age alone, maybe she was also a fan of scary things too and heard the rumors about this place. Though on the other hand she might just be someone who's looking to visit a family member or something. He looked around to see if she had a grown up near her, they always found ways to ruin his good time."Hello, are you here to see ghosts too?" The boy asked with a bit of a nervous smile, as he tried to not get his hopes up."I've been here for a bit and have yet to see any."

OOC: Sorry for the wait, was busy for a long time then napped for way longer than I meant too.
KISKA166

Xistund

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:43 pm
User Image

Mackenzie Hawthorne
Gryffindor - Second Year - Twelve Years Old - Reserve Chaser - Halfblood - Adopted

Mackenzie raised her eyebrows at the boy’s question though she stayed silent as she approached him. “I sure hope we don’t see any,” she started, feeling rather frightened about running into some scary ones. After being a Hogwarts student for over a year, she should’ve been used to ghosts by now – and she was! But that’s because the ones at Hogwarts were nice. Surely, there were probably a bunch of mean, scary ghosts at a graveyard. “Have you just been sitting around, waiting for them?” she asked, deciding to sit down next to the redhead. Mackenzie felt a lot more comfortable and safe with someone by her side. ‘Course, she could always leave if she wanted to, but that meant leaving this kid alone and God knew what would happen to him then. “What’s your name?” she asked, realizing they hadn’t properly introduced.

((OOC: 8 hours is barely a wait))

Xistund

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:41 pm

User Image
𝔡𝔢𝔞𝔲𝔰
𝔴𝔥𝔦𝔱𝔢𝔰𝔥𝔞𝔡𝔢

Deaus looked at the girl as she sat down next to him, he was a bit unsure how to respond, its been awhile since he was this close to another living person."N-no I have been walking around trying to talk to them. Me and Gwen just decided to take a bit of a break." The boy said hoping that sounded less crazy to her then it did to him."I'm Deaus and this is Gwen." He said gesturing to his Raven who was snagging some charries from his hand.

OOC:
KISKA166

Xistund

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:41 pm
User Image

Mackenzie Hawthorne

Mackenzie eyed the raven in the boy’s hand when he mentioned the name Gwen. It kind of creeped her out with its beady black eyes that matched the shade of its feathers. Owls looked a lot more welcoming and friendly, even if they mostly slept during the day and were awake at night. How backwards was that? After introducing himself, Deaus confirmed Mackenzie’s assumption about the raven’s name being Gwen. “I’m Mackenzie,” she said quietly, not wanting any nearby ghosts to overhear. “Why do you want to talk to ghosts?” she asked curiously. The ghosts at Hogwarts were basically like any other human, but they were around a lot longer. The ghosts here were probably either the same or scarier. Who knew what kind of deaths took place with the bodies that were buried at this graveyard? Maybe some were villains or murderers and they would be looking to hurt both of the children.

Xistund

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:14 pm

User Image
𝔡𝔢𝔞𝔲𝔰
𝔴𝔥𝔦𝔱𝔢𝔰𝔥𝔞𝔡𝔢

Deaus was not sure really what to say in response to the question, did he need a reason for wanting to talk to ghosts? He shrugged his shoulders a bit. "I don't know, I guess I thought they might be lonely or something, like um they don't get a lot of visitors other than people in morning. They could use someone happy to say hello to." The boy then seemed to be in thought and added."Besides if they existed, why would you not want to see them." He was not sure if the girl was a muggle or not so he thought it was safer to say something like that just so he would not get into trouble. 'These stupid rules, makes it hard to talk about ghost with new people.'

OOC:
KISKA166

Xistund

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:59 pm
User Image

Mackenzie Hawthorne

Mackenzie supposed Deaus’ reasons for wanting to see the ghosts were valid – they could be lonely or sad and would like to talk to a happy bundle of joy. But what if he was all alone and ran into a scary, murderous ghost? “Have you ever seen a ghost before?” the girl asked, deciding that could also play a huge factor into why Deaus was so obsessed with finding one. Mackenzie’s only ever seen ghosts at Hogwarts and at first, it was really cool seeing them and conversing with them. But after a while, she got used to it and it was normal seeing them constantly. Personally, she found magical creatures a lot cooler than ghosts. Too bad she didn’t see very many, but once she was in third year, she would definitely be taking Care of Magical Creatures, she was sure of it.

Xistund

The United Kingdom

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out