Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
Village of Upper Barnton ~ England Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:45 pm
Upper Barnton

User Image

Upper Barnton was a village or town in England, and was the home of the Giant Hengist of Upper Barnton. In the 15th century, the giant-killer Gifford Ollerton killed Hengist.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:38 pm
User ImageUser Image
Fouth YearHufflepuffChaserPureBlood

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎
Dhyl was walking up the streets of Barnton, since he lived nearby. He often went on walks like this, his iPod in and headphones blaring. The boy noticed the pleasant orange house and considered stopping in, but he figured the Hawthorn's didn't want to see him. He stopped by a fence, flipping through songs, trying to find an upbeat one. Unfortunately, most of the songs were slow and depressing. He looked around, hoping no one was to think him out of place...
{OoC~}

TechNerd0072

Dapper Genius

1,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Member 100

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:46 pm
User Image User Image
MugglebornSingleGryffindorFourth Year

Caitlin ran from her front porch, suddenly getting an idea as to where Gracie could be. She had to get there before she forgot what she was doing. In fact, she was so focused on Gracie, she didn't have time to notice that someone was in front of her. Cait ran into Dhylan and her face went scarlet. She quickly stood up and looked sheepishly at Dhyl. "Sorry, wasn't paying attention. I didn't hurt you, did I?" The Gryffindor looked over the Hufflepuff almost nervously. She mentally scolded herself for not paying attention to where she was going.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:53 pm
User ImageUser Image

Dhyl looked up as something ran into him. Or rather, someone. He pulled the headphones from his ears, hearing only the last part of her words. "I've been hit with bludgers heavier than you. I'll be fine. Are you okay?" He noticed her reddened cheeks and mentally grinned. Outwardly, he blushed a tinge and brudhed a bit of hair from his face. His bright blue eyes shined in the sunlight and his earrings caught a ray and sparkled a bit, even though they mostly blended in with his hair.
{OoC~}

TechNerd0072

Dapper Genius

1,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Member 100

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:00 pm
User Image User Image

Caitlin gave a slight smile and nodded, "I play competitive football, it's not a normal match if I haven't been knocked on my a**." Her eyes widened at what she said. Had she really said that in front of someone? Merlin, she was a mess. "So, uh, Dhyl, how has your summer been? Good, I hope." Cait smiled fully this time, trying to ignore her words. As she was waiting for his reply, she found herself staring into his brilliant blue eyes and it was taking all she could to not smile stupidly.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:18 pm
User ImageUser Image

Dhyl grinned when Caitlin admitted her love for football. He looked at her and went to speak, when she asked about his summer. "Honestly? This is the best of my summer. I can't stand being home, ever since Dad married... her. Minn has become obsessive with them. Not one notices me anymore," he admitted. His eyes sparkled a bit more, until his hair fell to cover them. "How has yours gone?"
{OoC~}

TechNerd0072

Dapper Genius

1,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Member 100

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:27 pm
User Image User Image

Caitlin nodded to his response before blowing her bangs from her eyes, maybe she'd let them grow out? Then it could blend into her hair. Dhylan's question bought her back from thoughts about her hair. "I've done a lot of running around, looking for Gracie, but she owled me saying she was fine. But other than that, my broken family seem to be getting better, so my summer hasn't been too bad." She said with a shrug. "Oh! How is Minn anyway?" Cait asked, remembering that he had a sister from the summer before last.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:38 pm
User ImageUser Image

Dhyl smiled lightly at Caitlin's words. So he had a broken family too? He pushed his hair back, letting his eyes be seen. "Minn? She is doing well. Very excited to be going to school with us this year." His sapphire irises focused on Caitlin's eyes, a slight blush filling out his cheeks. He accidentally lifted his shirt when he scratched his side, showing off his lean form. His muscles were tight and formed, but the view didn't last long as he pulled his shirt down. "What are your plans for the day?"
{OoC~}

TechNerd0072

Dapper Genius

1,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Member 100

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:47 pm
User Image User Image

Caitlin nodded, "It's another year before Darren comes. He's excited, though. Keeps asking if there is any way he could come a year early. 'Parently the muggle kids are making fun of him." She pursed her lips. Cait's eyes flitted to where his shirt was lifted briefly before looking back into his eyes. "I figured I would just go shopping for school, since I haven't gone yet." She said with a shrug, mildly hoping the Hufflepuff would offer to accompany her.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:55 pm
User ImageUser Image

Dhyl nodded patiently, adjusting his clothes. When she said she had yet to go shopping, he grinned. He ran his fingers through his hair, making it look smooth and soft. He stepped to stand beside the Gryffindor, wrapping an arm over her shoulders. "What sort of person would I be if I let a beautiful young lady go off alone? If you'll have me, I would love to join you." He looked at her, cracking a half-smile. His eyes glimmered, batting his long lashes flirtatiously.
{OoC~}

TechNerd0072

Dapper Genius

1,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Member 100

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:35 am
User Image User Image

Caitlin's skin tingled as he touched her. She looked up at him, "What kind of person would I be to turn down an offer from a hamdsome young man, such as yourself?" She asked batting her eyelashes as well. Cait ran her free hand through her hair, this boy she was with was the first to comfort her last year and she was very grateful for that. She almost felt that she was in his debt. Caitlin figured going shopping might help out of some of it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:32 am
User ImageUser Image

Dhyl cocked a smile, pulling Caitlin a bit closer. "Well then, Miss Caitlin, we had best be on our way. We wouldn't want anything bad to happen, now would we?" He flashed a grin, then took her hand in his. He calculated for a minute, sighing. "It shall be a 53 and a half hour walk, or we can peek by the Hawthorn's house and bum the floo, your pick." He wasn't all too keen on asking them, but he knew they were very nice people that had direct connection to their shop in Diagon Alley.
{OoC~}

TechNerd0072

Dapper Genius

1,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Member 100

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:09 pm
User Image User Image

Caitlin bit her lip while she was deciding, "We could walk? I need to exercise anyway." Cait said with a shrug of her shoulders. "If it's okay with you, I mean. We could get something to drink at the Leaky Cauldron or something?" She said, rather awkwardly. She chewed her lip before looking up at the blue eyed Hufflepuff.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:18 pm
User ImageUser Image

Dhyl blinked in confusion when Cait said she'd rather walk. "Erm, Caitlin, London is over three-hundred kilometers away... I don't think we could walk there..." He scratched at the nape of his neck, an idea forming. "I suppose... if you want to walk, we can floo from my house. I live in Lower Barnton, about a kilometer and a half away." He wasn't technically allowed to bring guests over, but his Dad was always working and... she didn't seem to care. His sapphire irises moved to look at the Gryffindor, a half smile still on his face.
{OoC~}

TechNerd0072

Dapper Genius

1,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Member 100
The United Kingdom

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff