Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
Town of Chipping Clodbury ~ England Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:46 am
User Image
User Image

Single☰Pureblood☰Father of One☰

In '85,
Tuesday morning,
Came alive,
I didn't know ya
Route 66 is gone,
And Reagan's here,
It won't be long

Niall blinked slowly as Rubin's words tossed around in his mind before he realized that they had turned away and started stammering like they were embarrassed. Holycrap, did they even get embarrassed?! Apparently so, and about the oddest thing too. Though admittedly, it wasn't everyday they saw him in casual wear that didn't involve a tie and loafers. "Thank you, I'll pass it along to Ada since she helped put this all together. Well some of it anyway." He had chosen the jeans and shoes after all. And technically the necklace, she had just given him the push to actually wear it. "You look good as well, though you always sort of do so uh." Niall coughed onto the back of his hand to stop himself from babbling more and make them both suffer through more of his awkwardness. He was happy though that the tea was accepted and was doubly so that the biscuits didn't come with nuts. The healer made a mental note for any other plans with Rubin that included food and drink to ensure the had proper coffee or cappuccino available. He then refused to think about how he assumed that they would continue having these little get togethers as he took a biscuit for himself to happily chew upon.

Niall listened as they talked about their family chuckling at his comment about his sister since he could very much understand how annoying sisters could be. He had about five of them, all of them menacing in their own right. He made a soft "ah" noise when they mentioned that Drew had turned ten and was excited about Hogwarts and grinned in amusement on how they talked about their twins. Dagrun was...the little girl he believed, and Donner the other metamorphagus. He snickered as he bemoaned the reckless behavior of his wondering which side of the family it could've come from. After meeting his sister, Niall could believe it was theirs.

"As an alumni, I feel like I have a sworn duty to give this big speech about how amazing and wonderful Hogwarts is and that Drew will have the most magical time-I threw magical in there, see what I did, I should write brochures. But, from one friend to another, I have complete confidence that Drew will have a great stay at Hogwarts. Plus, from what I've heard, allot of the charms school kids go there so she'd at least know some people beforehand. And in her second year Elvira would be joining her so, that's something." the father added as a second thought. His daughter was already counting the days until her letter arrived and then some. "The twins sound like they're certainly a handful, in a good way I mean! It's good they have interests and such to keep them busy." Niall amended with a sheepish grin and flush.

{Where~ Chipping Clodbury
With~ Rubin
Why~ .......
Thoughts~ WhatamIevendoing}

Nintendo comes,
Live Aid, too,
Back to the Future
Where were you,
While I spent all my days
In Catholic school?

Jade Galaksylph

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:16 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                            Now days, they've been better, I sleep even deader
                                            I wake up when everyone's gone
                                            Just give us a touch, and let me down slow
                                            Just let me know, if this is some kind of life-
                                            Or something else?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rυвιɴ Aĸѕɴeѕ Eιde x
                                            Journalist & WriterJ Pippins Potions ShopkeeperDurmstrang AlumHalfblood Metamorphagusxxxxx

「 Autumn 2036 」
                                            ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Supportive one, isn't she? You two must be friends for so long that you guys ended up being siblings, yeah?" Rubin asked, expression thoughtful as they recalled their friendship with Magni. Sure, the Golden Retriever was incredibly annoying with how stubborn he was about the right away to use the term 'selfie', or the fact that he was being a snake like his wife Eretria. But honestly? Rubin still appreciated him as their best friend, there was a reason why he's asked to be a godfather to their eldest daughter. Rubin felt very sorry for his father's death though, which made him wonder if their own father was still doing fine and well as an auror in Norway. As much as they won't admit it, they just wished that maybe he should retire from the Law Enforcement by now, except that sounded a bit... selfish.

They blushed again when Niall not only complimented their look, but added that "they always sort of do". "Um, thank you. I just, well- I just really like simple fashion so... yeah. Thanks." They put their hand on their cheek, wondering if the blush was as red as their crimson hair. Rubin wasn't very used to compliments, but then it was primarily because they just never expect anybody to do so at all unless it's their parents. Additionally, it was also because they were so used of being verbally bullied by Rubin's Norwegian cousins and their pureblood friends back in school. So nowadays, being a journalist with readers not liking what they had to say, Rubin always expected harsh words to come at them any time. Niall knew about their school life already, of course, it took so many months and days before they finally brought their fermented baggage. So yes, apparently their therapy wasn't only just about their grief over someone nor their woes in being a single parent to three kids. Shocking.

But god, it reminded them the time when they met Niall for the very first time, him running away and saying that their hair was really lovely. That left them at shock, they'll be honest. And the time when Ada visited their shop to say that the man thought they're cute? Yeah, shocking. Rubin bit their lip again, thinking that they're letting the feeling go inside them, so they tried to force it at the back of their mind. Emphasis on the word "try".

When the Irishman decided to feel enthusiastic and talking like he was doing a form of advertisement about Hogwarts, Rubin just couldn't help but grin. They also laughed humorously when he even pointed out saying "I threw magical in there, see what I did, I should write brochures." See? Funny yet not-annoying, just like they said. "Ah, that made Drew's life easier. I mean, she's kind of shy herself? At least she used to, she's improving a lot, I think it has something to do with her close friend who always hang out in a Quidditch shop." Laili, they believed, was like a hare to Drew's tortoise. Their daughter used to be... soft-spoken and awkward around kids her age, but this was quite an improvement. Now, Rubin just wished Dagrun won't be as socially awkward as them when they were a kid. God, they just didn't know how to deal with conflicts because being a metamorphagus living in some muggle place meant being homeschool and being stuck at home. Oh well, at least there were books for them to keep themself occupied and besides, their mor told them that far was just as awkward Rubin ever was... unless it was her attempt to embarrass him again. Ugh, sappy parents. "But I really hope you're right, I always wish that her time at school will be better than mine. Same goes to Dagrun and Donner."

Rubin sighed when Niall brought up about their twin children, as they could admit that raising twins were a handful being a single parent. But that's fine, they were used to handling their younger siblings, anyway. "Yeah... They kind of are. They both love Quidditch, but then, so does most of us in the family." They shrugged. Well, that wasn't hard to see: Rubin was chaser, Austmar was beater, Arni was seeker, and their younger sister Kirsten was keeper AND captain. Their mother Kristborg was actually even a seeker during her time, bragging about her oh-so-wonderful achievements while at the same time swearing that it was "her worst enemy than her rivalling seeker."

with [Niall] at [Cafe in Clodbury]

SINGLEOUTFITSIGNATURE TUNE

xxxxx « Out.Of.Cauldrons » xxxxx

Die just a little, we try just a little
                                            Let's meet in the middle and wait
                                            Or maybe you won't? I'm boring you don't
                                            You're sad and magical, he says you're beautiful
                                            I think you're beautiful, too

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:12 pm
User Image
User Image

Single☰Pureblood☰Father of One☰

In '85,
Tuesday morning,
Came alive,
I didn't know ya
Route 66 is gone,
And Reagan's here,
It won't be long

Niall snorted unconsciously when Rubin suggested that he and Ada be great friends and "siblings" by how supportive she was. Sure. Right. "If by supportive you mean unnecessarily nosy then yes. She's the most supportive sister I never knew I wanted." he answered dryly drinking the remaining chai in his cup hoping their barista returned so he could order a refill. He supposed he was being a bit too critical of his friend, despite how she somehow came across she was only trying to help him in areas he was woefully inept in. Which was basically everything regarding relationships with someone he was remotely attracted to. It made the Hufflepuff wonder how in Merlin's name he lasted so long with Gardenia, and they were both rather awkward! Though he guesses he couldn't really count their last year together as really "dating" since they'd both admitted to one another that they could only see each other as friends and he just continued accompanying her to various functions so she could have someone to talk to. It also had the bonus of keeping her parents off her back about dating and marriage which was always a plus, now he's curious on how his ex was handling her affairs with him gone. Since she'd moved, they really only corresponded through letters and the rare floo call so last he'd heard she was hiding out from her mother before she found out she wouldn't be going to the older woman's birthday ball.

Niall was brought out of his musings by noticing Rubin's blush which was truly a rare sight for him to behold. It also made them look very dashing, but he wondered if it would be alright for him to tell them that at the moment. Maybe he should save it for later in the date-brunch-outing. Though they were making it quite hard for him to stop blushing as well when they laughed at his horribly puny jokes regarding Hogwarts brochures and grinned at him that made his palm itch and wish he still had tea to sip so he could hide behind the cup. He couldn't stop the slight wince though when Rubin mentioned that they hoped their eldest's time at school would be better than their own since, due to their previous relationship, he knew some of what they were talking about.

He was happy though when they seemed to move from the topic easily enough back their children since that seemed to be a much safer topic. "It's not that big in my family but it's pretty huge among my friends. Especially since one used to play professionally before he, uh, retired. He's designing broomsticks though and he seems rather happy about that. Though I'm pretty sure he's happier that he gets to stay at home most days with his family instead of traveling everywhere like he used to." Niall said with a light chuckle and shrug. The reasons of Dominic's turning was lost on him (in all honesty he just thought Gracie had decided she'd been waiting long enough and probably bit him when he slept). The healer blinked as he realized he had basically just told the random story of one of his random friends to his possible date and groaned into his hand and he rubbed it across his eyes. "That is-you, you probably have no interest in hearing about my friend's lives, so um, sorry for the rambling. It's just that I was, still am really, sort of a walking accident waiting to happen so uh, it never appealed to me to try and take my act on a broomstick thirteen stories in the air." he explained with a sheepish grin.

{Where~ Chipping Clodbury
With~ Rubin
Why~ .......
Thoughts~ WhatamIevendoing}

Nintendo comes,
Live Aid, too,
Back to the Future
Where were you,
While I spent all my days
In Catholic school?

Jade Galaksylph

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:58 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                            Now days, they've been better, I sleep even deader
                                            I wake up when everyone's gone
                                            Just give us a touch, and let me down slow
                                            Just let me know, if this is some kind of life-
                                            Or something else?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rυвιɴ Aĸѕɴeѕ Eιde x
                                            Journalist & WriterJ Pippins Potions ShopkeeperDurmstrang AlumHalfblood Metamorphagusxxxxx

「 Autumn 2036 」

Rubin simple shrugged, as they could very much relate to the topic of 'nosy sisters'. They should know; Rubin has four sisters and the way they behaved was as if it was twice the number. But, none of the four could be as nosily inquisitive like Arnbjorg Sunneva Eide. She even- almost- harassed Rubin into telling her about their problems, and recently she was now secretly snooping around their social life. Just because they were a flashy-a** metamorphagus never meant they can't keep something to themself, mind! "Gods, glad we both have something in common when it comes to sisters." They put their hands up in sarcastic exasperation before rolling their eyes, "I mean, me and Arni are close but out of my four sisters? She's seriously a snitch, and she lives with me. I'm living a life" They ended it with a touch of sarcastic humor. To be fair, Rubin didn't mind their sister living with them in a loft; it's magic, the building's interior can be magically expanded if they wished as long as they got the ministry's approval.

The more Rubin blushed, the more they feel the need to control themself from letting it get the best of them. At one hand, they knew they don't need to feel bad about it since it was supposedly good, but that was hard when you were pretty sure that you're probably not good enough for someone. Anika was probably much happier with some successful guy as they speak, who was probably smart as her and smarter than Rubin. Sure, you can't please everyone, they were completely aware of that, but it was different if it was someone they used to trust. Niall and Rubin trusted each other, sure, but what if the man eventually realized that they weren't good enough for him?

The redhead looked down as they contemplated about it, but came to realize that now wasn't the time. Rubin wasn't going to let that record break, if you ask them. Well, they had to because if not, then all's in vain. So, they decided to simply focus and listen at Niall rambling about one of his friends. Rubin was a bit caught up with the Quidditch news and felt like they probably can guess who was that Quidditch player. And personally? Rubin missed traveling, but they figured that if the kids got older they supposed they could bring them somewhere. If they're up to it, that is... "Eh. I'm used to rambling so I can't judge about that." They then quietly snorted when the man called himself a 'walking accident', and Rubin snorted. "Pleaase, you're talking to someone whose hand ended up stuck on the door." They said, then suddenly flustered in embarrassment after recalling said memory. "Though, that was a bit embarrassing of me... About me saying some things to you at that time. But that's a few years ago and we're friends, so I guess that's all in the past?" Well, technically, the reason why they said that was probably because they want to null Niall's "crush feeling" and probably try to see if he's anything like her. But that probably wasn't the reason, because Rubin was really busy struggling about their grief to figure out why, they guessed?

with [Niall] at [Cafe in Clodbury]

SINGLEOUTFITSIGNATURE TUNE

xxxxx « Out.Of.Cauldrons » xxxxx

Die just a little, we try just a little
                                            Let's meet in the middle and wait
                                            Or maybe you won't? I'm boring you don't
                                            You're sad and magical, he says you're beautiful
                                            I think you're beautiful, too

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The United Kingdom

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2