Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
Town of Barnsley ~ England

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:52 pm
Barnsley

User Image

Barnsley is a town in South Yorkshire, England. It was the location of The Five Feathers, home of Bungy, a water-skiing budgerigar about whom Harry heard a news story while listening to the Muggle news in 1995.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:08 pm
User Image

The vampire hissed as he let go of Jason's arm, "You wizards and your magic," he tried to get control of his legs, which wobbled from the trip. He had never felt anything like that before. He had felt his lunges compressed and he felt as though he could have suffocated if he didn't really need air to breathe. Strike stood there for a moment or two, waiting for his head to settle down from its spinning. Never again, he swore to himself.

When everything seemed to level out, Strike looked at his two companions, "She said it was an old and abandoned, cottage, correct?" he looked around. The town of Barnsley was fast asleep, not knowing that an evil organization was literally at their doorstep.

It was small, and there were no lights in any of the houses he looked at. Some chimneys had smoke trailing out from it, probably from being lit during a dinner or for a cozy feeling while they fell asleep. The houses were small cottages, and he couldn't see one that was abandoned until he turned around.

Down the road, was a very old cottage. It leaned with age. It had to be that one, Strike thought to himself as he pointed it out to his two companions.

◙■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■◙

Currently...
What I'm thinking: I want Jack
What I'm doing: Searching
Who I'm with: Jason and Cian
Where I am: Barnsley

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:19 pm
User Image
▂▃▅▆█ Jason Hill █▆▅▃▂

Owner of Dogweed and Deathcaps
Alpha, Aconite Pack

Jason popped into existence and watched as Strike tried to orient himself. He was used to the sensation by now, and wasn't bothered by it anymore. It was quite obvious that had Strike not been turned, he would have been a muggle. He filed that information away, if only to ask Strike later how it felt to be a non-magical person in a magical world. If they weren't tearing each other to pieces, that is. He nodded with Strike's assessment, however. "That is what the woman said. It shouldn't be hard to find."

He looked around the village. Nothing suggested that the place was the home to a murderous family, but then again, appearances could be misleading. He was very aware of that fact himself. Noticing the old cottage down the way, he looked toward Strike again. "Interesting. It would seem as though they aren't hiding very well if that was the place."

--------------------------------------
State: Simmering
OOC: ...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:54 pm
User Image
Cian O'Brian
Owner of Zonko's
Twenty Five

▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁

Cian appeared, only slightly fazed. He never liked apparating, but he had gotten used to it. He smiled to see the Vampire looking all disoriented and queasy. He rose his wand and cautiously went forward, gesturing the other two to follow. He crept up to the door and put his back to the wall, right of the door. He let the two men go in first. They knew what they were doing, much, much better than he did.

▁▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁

"My way of joking is to tell the truth. That's the funniest joke in the world."

Kai Sparrowheart

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:12 pm
((This post is also posted at A Mysterious Hideout))

User Image

Strike followed after Cian, standing in front of the door. He was silent, a simmering anger in his chest. This was it. The fools had not expected Strike to have found out the location. So full of themselves, they hadn't even protected the cottage from being seen, from being attacked. They thought Strike dull, perhaps thought he would run instead of finding his fledglings. Every part of him screamed to show them wrong.

With a cry of rage, he kicked down the door, flying in like a hawk. He wanted to taste the blood of his enemy. Baring his fangs, he entered the darkness, without hesitation, with nothing but hatred and malice in his mind.

Something 'twanged' in his ears. And, as soon as he had heard it, it dawned on him. He had been a fool, to run in like that. They were expecting him to. To just run in, thinking last and acting first, as he was always known to do. His elders had always warned him, but, this day, he learned that it was his fault for not listening.

Strike didn't have time to move out of the way as an arrow pierced him in the heart. He gasped as he started to fall backwards, "No, not like this!" he screamed, feeling himself fall to the ground.

The final death.

Currently...
What I'm thinking: I want Jack
What I'm doing: Walking into a trap.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:00 pm
User Image

His eyelids closed as he landed on the ground. Death was coming to take him. To pull his body into the ground so that he could follow his comrades. His fellow vampires who had fallen before him. Their blood staining the earth as his did. Then, it was as though something in him snapped, and he opened his eyes with a scream of pain as something was pulled from his chest.

He was alive!

Looking down at his chest, he stared at where the arrow had impaled him in confusion. It was where his heart was... why was he still here? All vampires were dead when staked in the heart by wood. He had always been told that... why didn't it kill him?

"Werewolf..." he gasped, reaching desperately for the werewolf, "Give me your blood!"

Currently...
What I'm thinking: I'm alive?
What I'm doing: Not dying?

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:16 pm
User Image
▂▃▅▆█ Jason Hill █▆▅▃▂

Owner of Dogweed and Deathcaps
Alpha, Aconite Pack

Jason growled at the vampire as soon as he awoke. "You bloody fool! What in Merlin's name did you do that for? You could have easily died, you bloodsucking overgrown bat! Next time, watch where you step, bloody idiot!"

He pulled Strike up along with him, glaring around the small village as he did so. No scent of Remy, and no scent of the spawn, either. This was the most unsuccessful attempt they could have had. Glaring at Cian, he nearly barked at the man. "We leave now, back to my shop. There is nothing here, and it was obviously a trap." Turning into nothing, he Apparated away, leaving the village far behind.

State: Simmering
OOC: To Dogweed and Deathcap

The United Kingdom

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out