Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
Village of Tinworth ~ England Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:04 pm
Tinworth

User Image

Tinworth is a village in Cornwall, England, near the coast.

It is a half-magical dwelling, with a wizarding community established in secret alongside the Muggle one soon after the signature of the International Statute of Wizarding Secrecy in the 17th century. According to historian Bathilda Bagshot, Tinworth was one of a handful of villages that were "notable homes to knots of wizarding families who lived alongside tolerant and sometimes Confunded Muggles."

Shell Cottage, the home of Bill Weasley and Fleur Delacour after their marriage in 1997, is located in the outskirts of Tinworth. It is located near the ocean and is a "beautiful place," according to Harry Potter.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:36 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Loving Marina Aldred
                                                          Looking Casual on the Beach with Mari
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Nervous
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ Don't telegraph it, you know she can read you like a book... ❞

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

I've traveled and unwound my own truth yeah ✥ ✥ ✥xxx
                                                          I've laid my head on the rock of youth yeah ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceDamien made his way down onto the beach with a small grin on his face, thankful for the fact that, while it was cold, at least this area of England had been spared the snow and hail that'd been coming down over London the past week or so. The idea of it snowing on a beach was rather odd, but surely it happened, right? Still, if it did, it hadn't here, for which he was glad, because a picnic on the beach did not sound nearly as enjoyable if the sand were covered in snow. Of course, one might think he was more than a bit crazy for wanting to take his girlfriend on a picnic at the beach when it was the middle of January anyway, but then, most people didn't know what he had in mind for the day. Actually, there was only one person who knew, and it'd been her idea in the first place. Adalaide apparently only had two modes currently, she was either spitting mad over almost every little thing, or softly cooing at everything else like it was a newborn kitten. Pregnancy had done something to her brain, he swore, and he'd be glad when she had the kid and got back to normal... or as close to it as she could get, being a new mother and all. But, whatever the case, he was at least somewhat thankful, because her weird, overly romantic side had been in control when he'd informed her a couple of weeks ago that he was planning on proposing soon. The announcement had, of course, prompted a lot of oohing and aahing on her part, and then the inevitable question of 'so how are you going to do it?' He'd informed her, with a flush, that he had no idea, and she'd proceeded to interrogate him on every important thing that had ever happened in his and Mari's relationship until clapping her hands together and declaring that obviously the beach was the ideal place to do it. It would be private, which Mari would appreciate, given that she wasn't fond of attention, simple and romantic, with none of the obnoxious trappings of a formal engagement that she might be worried about, and besides, they'd first said I love you to one another on the beach as well. Clearly it was perfect, Ada had declared... and he'd had to agree. Sometimes the Hufflepuff could be very clever, he admitted to himself.

spaceThe Slytherin brushed those thoughts aside as he spotted what looked to be a perfect location for their little picnic. Not too close to the water, no risk of the tide coming in and freezing them, clear of any debris... "This way," he said, grasping his girlfriend's hand in his own and pulling her along, basket in his other hand. Once they were standing in the right spot, he made quick work of setting up the blanket and casting a few spells to keep them warm. It was the middle of winter in England, after all. As soon as it was all set up, he sat down, looking up at her as he crossed his legs. "What do you think? Perfect, right?" he asked, a cocky grin on his lips. He had to be himself, had to act like everything was normal. He was pretty sure her red flags were already flying, what with the unusual decision to take her out for a picnic, on the beach, in January. No need to make it any more suspicious... when asked, he'd merely told her that he felt like they needed to spend some time outdoors, they were cooped up far too often. A picnic seemed like just the thing. As for the beach, well, it would be so much more enjoyable if they could be alone, after all, and who was going to be at a beach in the winter? It seemed logical enough... if you jumped through a few hoops. Hopefully, she just thought he was being weird. It certainly wouldn't be the first time.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx✥ ✥ ✥ I've trusted and then broken my own word
                                                          xxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ Just to keep me free in this mad, mad word

User Image

(( OOC: ))

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:46 pm
Dire straits and dirty consequences...
An invitation to your personal disaster!
It's a point break; another guilty conscience.
And you won't stop me 'til I get just what I'm after!
I'm taking you down with me; 'til you...
Can't sleep, can't breathe!
You met your enemy!
Won't get no peace with me!

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
MINISTRY OF MAGIC AUROR IN TRAINING
PROUD HALFBLOOD AND FORMER SLYTHERIN

User Image
I'm taking you down with me: Excited | Can't sleep, can't breathe: Th beach... in winter... | You met your enemy: Damien | Won't get no peace with me: Tinworth

Marina had loved the ocean since she was a little girl and her parents took her to the seaside one summer, so her father could teach her how to swim. She still wasn't even that great of a swimmer, she had to admit, since she hadn't had much practice besides a community pool a few times growing up, as trips to the beach hadn't been often, but she loved the feeling of sand between her toes and the crashing sounds of the waves when the sea was rough. The shoreline here, in Tinworth, was basically deserted. It was easy to tell why, since it was winter, and what was more, January, just a week or so after her birthday, actually, and by now most people had to be sick of the snow and the hail. Besides, who went to the beach in January? Just her and Damien, obviously. She was relieved there was no snow here as of right now. The sand might be pale and grainy and cold, but it was still sand, and though the waves were hardly gentle right now, it wasn't like there was a storm brewing, either. She stared eagerly out at the vast expanse of blue as she followed her boyfriend down to the shore, as if expecting to see something. Maybe a pirate ship or a mermaid.

She smiled at the thought, and then squeezed Damien's hand gratefully as he led her to the spot he'd picked for their picnic. This was really quite nice, actually. It might be very cold, but she hadn't been on a picnic in a long time, and being outside was a pleasant change. There was very little outdoor Auror training in the winter, and she was sick of being either cooped up in the Ministry or cooped up at home. She felt like making up excuses to run errands half the time, just to get out and breathe some fresh, if frigid air. Her heels, she noted wryly, were sinking into the sand and impeding her walking, but she hadn't planned on keeping them on for long anyways. She laughed and tore them off as they came to a stop, putting them to the side. Her toes would survive; Damien was casting warming spells. She didn't really need her heavy winter coat on with the spells making the temperature around them much more comfortable, and took that off as well, neatly folding it. She'd be fine in her blouse and pants.

But as happy as she was with the current situation, this was a little... different. Not that she didn't think Damien was capable of being this romantic! He certainly was, and a picnic on the beach in January was, well, it was perfect. It was perfectly them, even if other people might be incredulous at the thought. The thing just was that there was no real occasion other than a spur of the moment "let's have a picnic on the beach". Marina was familiar with deciding things on the turn of a dime. She'd made plenty of impulsive decisions herself in all her now-recently-turned twenty years. But Damien was not as known for them, and they'd already celebrated her birthday... She had a faint thought in the back of her mind, but she didn't want to linger on it too much, just in case she was wildly wrong about the whole thing and he was just being extremely sweet and charming. It wasn't as if he needed an ulterior motive for them to go on a date. She was probably over thinking things. Marina sat down abruptly on the blanket, brushing off a little bit of sand that had gotten on it. "Yes," she said honestly. "It's beautiful." And it was. Unexpected, but beautiful. "Don't get too cocky though," she warned him teasingly. "It could start hailing, you know. Or we could be besieged by pirates, or Vikings-," she was obviously completely joking by now, as she cast an impressively dramatic glance at the ocean.

"So, what do we have to eat?" she asked when she had regained control of herself, looking to the basket. "Anything warm? Sandwiches?" She was hungry, after all, now that she actually stopped to think about it.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power.

Cara MiaKitty

You tried to tempt fate, be careful what you wish for...
I'll take you deeper and strip you of salvation!
It's a crusade to bring you to your knees;
It's what you wanted, your last manipulation.
The lower you go the less that you'll know...
You're sinking to the bottom now...
You're losing control...
The lower you go...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:37 am
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          Loving Marina Aldred
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Nervous
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx

spaceDamien chuckled lightly at his girlfriend's dramatics. He followed her gaze out to the sea, cocking an eyebrow. "Vikings, eh? Well... I'm sure you can take them," he said, casting a wink in her direction and nudging her lightly with his elbow. Noting that she'd taken the liberty of removing her shoes, and that it had warmed up enough to warrant it, he shucked his own, and followed it with his scarf and coat. A breeze carried a bit of the chill past the spells he'd cast, but not enough to make him uncomfortable. Quite the opposite, it was almost akin to a gentle breeze on a Summer day, except for the sharp, frigid scent on the wind. An arm wrapped around her waist, and he pressed a kiss to her cheek. "In fact, I fear for the Viking who has the gall to interrupt our date," he told her playfully. "I think it'd be the experience of his lifetime. He would be forever scarred." Feeling abnormally affectionate, this was punctuated by the brush of the tip of his nose against hers, and a small grin.

spaceThe question of food drew his focus then, and he grabbed the basket, flipping the lid open. "Brownie fixed it," he told her, feeling like he should give the elf some credit. Perhaps he should've prepared the meal himself, but then, she'd been so eager to help out, and anyway, he'd been nervous. Probably would've managed to cut himself or something. "Sandwiches, yeah, but hot ones, I think..." Damien took the sandwiches from the basket, unwrapping them, noting that the bread had been toasted and there was a bit of steam wafting off of them. "Yeah, hot. Just ham and swiss, nothing special, but..." He handed her one, then turned back to the basket. "We also have... a thermos of warm tomato soup, I guess she figured we could dip the sandwiches in it? And some chips. Then..." He pulled out a small parcel with a quizzical look on his face. He didn't recall her mentioning anything else... the Slytherin chuckled as he opened it. "... A buttermilk pie, still hot," he said, shaking his head lightly. "And apple cider to drink... do you think she was worried we'd get cold?" he asked with a faint, amused roll of his eyes. The House-Elf had probably planned it all out to try and keep them from catching a cold or some nonsense. It was sweet, really, he shouldn't poke fun... but it wasn't like she was here to get her feelings hurt. As if he could hurt them anyway; she would've just rolled her eyes right back, and probably smacked him upside his head.

spaceAs the Slytherin laid out their lunch, while Mari wasn't looking, he very carefully grabbed the small ringbox from the basket and slipped it under his folded jacket. He hadn't wanted it in his pockets before, in case she noticed the lump or slipped her own hands into them. But, he did want it somewhere within arm's reach, after all, and preferably not in the basket anymore in case she went to poke around inside it or put something up and found it. He wasn't going to say anything just yet, after all, he had to wait. Figured they'd eat, chat a bit, kiss a bit, eventually the right moment would come up. It wasn't like he'd planned it out to the minute or anything, given that any time he attempted to plan much of anything, something was bound to happen. Her joke about the impending threat of hail came to mind, and he found he was thankful for the currently clear skies. If clouds appeared on the horizon... well, he wasn't going to force it. If the moment didn't come... there would be other chances. It wasn't like this would be a waste of a date if he didn't get the chance. He was spending time with her, after all.

User Image

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:44 pm
You met your enemy!

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED

User Image
I'm taking you down with me: Excited | Can't sleep, can't breathe: The beach... in winter... | You met your enemy: Damien | Won't get no peace with me: Tinworth

Marina smirked and nudged him back. "Have no fear. Marina Aldred, resident Viking-slayer is here." She leaned into him as usual when his arm wrapped around her waist. "You say the sweetest things sometimes," she informed him, before laughing when his nose brushed against hers, and pecking him on it in return. He was being a bit more affectionate than usual, she noted, but she was being a bit more playful than usual. Maybe being outside just had them both in very high spirits.

She eagerly reached for a sandwich, delighted that they were hot. "Bless that elf." She loved tomato soup, too, so that as a plus as well. "Even pie?" she echoed in disbelief. "Gah, we're so spoiled," she muttered, shaking her head a little but stomach on the verge of growling all the same. Brownie was known for going above and beyond the call of duty, though. "Don't poke fun," she scolded lightly. "She was probably wondering what sort of lunatics we were to be going out to the seashore at the time of year." Truth be told, Brownie probably had more common sense than both of them, warming spells or no warming spells. And Marina certainly wasn't going to complain about all this hot food. She helped herself as Damien laid out all the food, his sneakiness going completely unnoticed.

Marina took a few bites of her sandwich and swallowed before speaking again. "I want to put my feet in the water when we're done eating," she said almost wistfully. "Even though it'll be beyond freezing cold and I'll probably start shrieking like a ninny. I can just dry them off with magic- or bury them in the sand." It was silly and stupid but she couldn't help but want to, even if her toes felt like they were going to fall off afterwards and the hem of her trousers got wet. You couldn't go to the ocean and not at least dip your feet in. It was like some sort of law. Besides, this reminded her of the time they'd went down to the beach at the Masquerade Ball... before the whole traumatizing ring of fire part and the further traumatizing and actually life threatening forces of evil attacking part. Anyways, she was remembering the good bits, like when they'd finally dropped the "I love you" bomb on each other. That had been... probably one of the happiest, most content moments of her life. She blushed faintly at the memory, cheeks heating up for a few moments.

Cara MiaKitty

You're losing control...
The lower you go...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:45 am
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          Loving Marina Aldred
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Nervous
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx

spaceDamien shook his head lightly, though he had to admit, he didn't doubt for a second that she could probably slay a Viking. An entire ship of them? Maybe not. But one on one, he would definitely bet on her. He did wonder in what universe telling his girlfriend that she had the ability to scar someone for life qualified as saying 'the sweetest things,' but he wasn't going to complain. At least she was in an excellent mood, which would almost certainly play in his favor. He kissed her then, a hand reaching up to cup her cheeks, and perhaps lingering a moment longer than he'd really intended to. The Slytherin's eyes were a bit dazed when he pulled back, his heart pounding. Sometimes, he didn't see how, after all this time together, she could still make him like this, butterflies in his stomach like he was still some silly teenager. But, he didn't question it. After all, it was hardly something to complain about.

spaceA quiet 'mm' of agreement, completely serious, when she blessed Brownie, and a nod; he couldn't agree more, really. Though, her comment about them being spoiled drew a chuckle. "Hm, is it really any wonder I'm such a pretentious snot?" he asked her. In reality, Brownie had very little to do with that... at least, the pretentious part. The snot part, on the other hand... well, she had spoiled him just as much as a child, if not more. He rolled his eyes lightly at her scolding. "Is that what we are, then? Lunatics?" His eyes sparked as he said this, the faintest hint of mischief twinkling in their depths. Quite frankly, he didn't think he'd been sane for a long while. Marina had turned his entire world upside down. The one he lived in now made a hell of a lot less sense... but, he wouldn't trade it for anything. If he was crazy, it was in all the best ways. He helped himself to a sandwich and the soup, watching Mari carefully. He was trying to watch her for any sign that she'd seen him grab the ring box, and hint that she might know what he was up to. If she did, he couldn't see it. She didn't seem to've reacted in any way.

spaceHe was silent for a long moment after she announced her intention to dip her feet in the ocean, blinking at her. Was the woman serious? "Mari, love, you do recall how cold it was last time you did that, right? And that wasn't even Winter; it was Summer," he said, arching a brow at her. He loved her, really he did, but sometimes she wanted to do the strangest, dumbest things... Which, hell, they all did from time to time, but the thing about Mari was that, generally, she knew, and would admit, that it was completely mental, and went and did it anyway. Even Dominic wasn't that bad... although, that might be more because Dominic was too stubborn to admit that his ideas were dumb than because he didn't know they were. The Slytherin sighed lightly. "Well, I can't let you be the only one with cold toes," he said, tone implying that this was the most important of sacrifices he was going to have to make for her. His feet were still clad in his socks, which he removed, and then rolled his pants legs up. "Probably wiser to do it now," he said, setting his food down and standing. "The food'll warm us up afterwards." He grabbed her hand then, pulling her up behind him and along to the seashore, grinning like a madman. If she was insane for having this idea, he had to be doubly insane for going along with it... "C'mon... feet in the waves before I toss you in the ocean," he threatened, smirking as he did so. He had a feeling this was going to end badly... for him. He was almost certainly the one who'd be ending up tossed in the ocean... and nursing a cold for a week. But, at the moment, he couldn't seem to care. He was having fun, which wasn't something he had ever done very much of. Dominic and Gracie could club all night long for all he cared... he'd much rather freeze his arse off on an empty beach in January.

User Image

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:10 pm
You met your enemy!

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED

User Image
I'm taking you down with me: Excited | Can't sleep, can't breathe: The beach... in winter... | You met your enemy: Damien | Won't get no peace with me: Tinworth

Marina slipped her arms around Damien's neck when he kissed her, wondering if he could feel the heat fading in her cheeks with his hand. It wasn't a wildly passionate kiss, but it was slow, and sweet, and made her feel a little shaky for a few seconds, but in a good way. It took her another minute to completely recover and tune in again to what he was saying as he chuckled.

"It's a good thing you have me to keep you humble, then," she said cheekily, before dipping her sandwich in some soup. It was a very good combination. "Yes," she confirmed with a wry smile. "We're completely mad." There was some truth to it- Marina highly doubted most sane couples would be on a beach, in January, having a picnic, and still managing to enjoy themselves. Maybe being in love made everyone willing to crazy things. Okay, not maybe. That was entirely true. Eight years ago, would she have pictured this at all? No. But, she wasn't, after all, the girl she had been when she was twelve, or thirteen, or fourteen, or fifteen, or even sixteen. She'd changed. She was still changing. And for some reason, it wasn't alarming. Because with Damien, well, there was no possible way he could ever make her change for the worse.

She shrugged a little, a grin tugging insistently at one corner of her mouth. "Of course I do," she said primly. "That's exactly why I want to do it again. It's invigorating. And cold as the dickens. And how many people can say they've dipped their feet in the ocean in January-," She was cut off by it being her turn to stare as she watched him pulling off his socks and rolling up his pant legs. Was he honestly coming with her? She'd figured he'd stay on the beach and laugh. Granted, he acted like he was about to throw himself off a moving train for her, but it was still a little touching. "Are you really going to- hey!" She nearly dropped her sandwich as he pulled her up and along with him, grinning like she was starting to. Feet coated in sand, she looked at the waves coming in for a second before his threat sank in.

"You wouldn't dare," she retorted, though she looked a little concerned that he might. She hoped her temper was still intimidating enough to make it seem not worth it. If he did... she was dragging him in with her. She hopped on one foot, rolling her pant legs up as best she could, which was hard because they were tighter than his. Then she let go of his hand and walked in to where the water came just above her ankles. The squealing started then, as she gritted her teeth and splashed her feet in an attempt to lessen the cold. "Oh Merlin, Morgana, and Circe," she hissed under her breath. "It's cold. It's cold. it's really cold." Yet she couldn't stop smiling. She splashed a little water at him in an attempt to distract herself from the feeling in her feet. "Come on, join me, or I'll throw you in."

Cara MiaKitty

You're losing control...
The lower you go...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:19 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          Loving Marina Aldred
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Nervous
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx

spaceDamien had to admit, he wasn't entirely sure why he'd pulled away from the kiss. Not that they didn't kiss often enough, or that their kisses were usually lacking, but that had felt... different. He chalked it up to his plans; knowing what he was going to do was bound to make him think everything about today was different, after all. Mari's reaction, however, had him wondering if perhaps she was onto him after all. She seemed a bit... stunned, which was unusual for her. They'd been together a rather long time, after all, and living with one another for over a year. He would've thought they were long past the days where he could render her speechless with nothing more than a simple kiss. He felt his heart pound; if she knew what he was up to, she didn't show it.

spaceHe smirked as she bit into her sandwich, arching a brow. "Yes, because nothing keeps a man more humble than a girlfriend who can kick his arse six ways to Sunday, with or without her wand," he said lightly, almost chirping. In reality, he thought that he might actually be able to take her without magic... but with it? He didn't stand a chance. Not that he would ever have cause to fight with her, wands or no wands, but still. They both were pretty well aware of the fact that she had the upper hand. Humble, indeed. Her confirmation that they were both certifiable drew a chuckle from him. "Hm, well, if we are mad, at least we have each other. Or, maybe we don't. Maybe one of us is hallucinating," he mused playfully, knocking his shoulder into hers lightly.

spaceTo be perfectly honest, he didn't quite think that 'invigorating' was the word for allowing freezing cold seawater to rush over your feet in the middle of winter. But, he'd go along with it, all the same. When she declared that he wouldn't toss her in the ocean, he smirked again, expression asking if she really wanted to test him. Actually, he thought, he might really consider it, if not for the fact that she'd kill him. Or, get sick, and then Brownie would kill him. Either way, he'd end up dead, and he found that he rather liked living, especially with her around. He couldn't contain the peals of laughter when she finally worked up the nerve to step into the waves. Being away from the heat of their picnic area, the cold air was starting to sink in, and he belatedly wondered why he'd not at least put his jacket back on. His shirt and sweater were hardly much protection against the elements, after all. But, it was too late now. Damien threw his shoulders back and stepped forward the last couple of feet, joining her in the freezing tide. He sucked in a breath the second the water touched his feet. "Oh, dammit all to bloody hell, that's awful!" he shouted, almost losing his balance in shock. He reached out for her to steady himself, willing his body to stay upright and not drag them down into the freezing waves. Thankfully, he stayed on his feet, because all joking aside, he did not want to take a dip in that.

spaceDamien gritted his teeth, smiling like a madman in spite of the discomfort, just because, hell, why were they doing this again? It was bloody crazy! He'd always prided himself and Mari on being reasonably sane, particularly when compared to their friends, most of whom he wouldn't be surprised to see in a straitjacket (he was kidding, of course... but only barely). But, he supposed even they had to do something insane every now and again... He wrapped his arms around her, as if he were trying to keep them both warm, which was a completely futile effort given that he was fairly certain he was fresh out of body heat and the water was still running over their feet. "Alright, done it. Satisfied? Or shall we see how long it takes us to literally freeze in place? I'm sure we'll thaw in the Spring," he teased, unable to keep his teeth from chattering just a bit.

spaceAfter a moment's consideration, though, he decided he was done, and so was she, and then he was sweeping her up in his arms and carrying her back to the blanket and the comfort of the warming charms. He settled them down, her in his lap, smiling. "Did you enjoy your bout of insanity? Are we full up on it for the next year or so?" he asked, pressing a kiss to her cheek, arms sliding to wrap around her waist. Of course, he did suppose that he was planning on having his own moment of insanity, or, it could be seen that way. But, surely to God it wasn't crazier than actively trying to catch a cold?

User Image

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:24 pm
You met your enemy!

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED

User Image

Marina made a face at Damien when he laughed at her discomfort, but looked delighted when he finally walked into the water. His shout made her jump, if only because he didn't often raise his voice, and she yelped when he grabbed onto her. "Damien, I swear if we both fall down into this water.." she threatened, having to clutch onto him as well in case she lost her balance too. She flinched as another wave washed over her feet and ankles, but the grin was back. He was smiling too. Good grief, they both probably looked positively psychotic, standing out here smiling so hard it almost hurt. She relaxed her tense stance in the water when he wrapped his arms around him leaning back into him just a little, since she didn't want him to trip backwards- though she'd probably just land on him if that happened. Didn't matter. She'd still end up soaked. "I bet I'd thaw first," she teased right back, chewing on the inside of her cheek to keep her teeth from chattering like his. She could practically hear them. She sighed a little. Alright, the euphoria was starting to wear off and she was freezing her arse off, so they might as well go back. "I suppose," she told him, just as he scooped her up. He wasn't constantly picking her up, and Marina had never thought of herself as a particularly dainty or petite person- she was slightly taller than average and certainly wasn't what one could call fragile or delicate... But she didn't mind him carrying her back to the blanket much at all. In fact, she sort of liked it. "Thank you," she said sincerely, and then in a more characteristically dry tone. "I was on the verge of a dead faint, of course." She twisted in his lap and looked at him. "Maybe. Maybe not. Perhaps I should make a list of things we could do on other dates. Play chicken on railroad tracks, go sky diving, try to find some dragons," she ticked things off on her fingers and then shivered, only really realizing how chilled down to the bone she had been now that she was back in the warmth. "Well, they say sharing body heat is important so as to not get hypothermia... or something like that." She kissed him lightly on the cheek in return, and buried her face in his neck for a few moments. So what if it was cold? He was still cold too. "I love you, lunatic boyfriend," she murmured under her breath.

Cara MiaKitty

You're losing control...
The lower you go...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:59 am
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          Loving Marina Aldred
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Nervous
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx

spaceDamien was honestly somewhat surprised when she thanked him for carrying her back to the blanket. If anything, he'd expected her to fight him, to tell him she had legs and they worked perfectly fine, thank you very much. It seemed almost out of character for her to've actually liked it. But then, she had to be the girl some of the time, didn't she? She utterly ruined it, of course, mere seconds later, her sarcastic tone eliciting another roll of his eyes. "Cheeky minx," he murmured, and tickled her lightly on the ribs for her petulance. Her list of potential future dates had him shaking his head, smiling at her insanity. "Yes, because risking our sanity daily by living across the hall from Dominic and Gracie isn't nearly exciting enough, no, you want us to try and get ourselves killed, too," he snorted. "I mean, the scars I have already clearly aren't enough. Do you know what'd be great? Let's go swimming with some sharks, I bet I could get a wicked bite wound. It'd be so sexy."

spaceAs the words left his lips, he blinked. He'd never joked about his scars before... hell, half the time, he tried to pretend they weren't there. No one had ever seen them, aside from the school nurse, Brownie and Mari. Maybe his parents, too, though he couldn't quite recall, given that his memory of any time spent at home after the incident was hazy at best. But... he'd always hated them. They were ugly. Even though it was totally worth it to have them, because it meant she was alive... he'd still hated them. Huh. Maybe he was actually getting over it, finally. Of course, the fact that Marina didn't think they were hideous certainly helped in that regard. He'd absolutely dreaded it, the first time she'd seen them, but... it hadn't been so bad. Actually, that night had gone rather well for him. Apparently, girls were inclined to like scars on men... particularly when the scars were received saving their lives. Who knew?

spaceHe realized there had been an odd silence while he'd been lost in his thoughts, and cleared his throat. Her comment about hypothermia registered, and he smirked lightly. "Hm, is that so? You know, I think I remember hearing that, too..." The Slytherin considered, for all of a second, making a highly inappropriate joke about the sharing of body heat. He had to remind himself why they were here to get his head back on track, and even then, it wasn't a particularly convincing argument. Her face buried in the crook of his neck did not help one whit. But, somehow, he managed. Her whispered words made him smile, and he gave her a gentle squeeze. "I love you, too, Mari," he murmured, kissing the top of her head. "Even if you are certifiable."

spaceHe sat there for a moment, inhaling deeply, her scent mingling with the sea air. It was as peaceful as he could remember feeling in a long time. Not that his life was particularly chaotic, at least recently, but there was still rather a lot going on. It was nice to have a moment to themselves. He gave a soft hum, reaching back for the ringbox hidden under his jacket, and kissed her head again. "So, love," he said softly, lips curving into a smile. The way he was about to phrase this was probably going to get him hexed, but he didn't particularly care. "I've been thinking. You're twenty now. Officially not a teenager in any sense of the word. So..." He held the ringbox aloft for her to see. "Am I actually allowed to propose yet, or do you have yet another reason to put it off?" She was going to hit him, he thought, but he couldn't seem to care. And, anyway, when did either of them ever do anything without finding a way to do it sarcastically? Besides, if she got pissed, it would keep her from panicking about the fact that he was actually proposing. He'd take Marina being pissed off at him over her freaking out over his proposal any day... even if it meant she had to cool off for a few hours before she'd say yes. Because she was going to say yes, absolutely. He couldn't allow himself to doubt that for even a moment. He thought that, if he let himself, that thought would drive him insane where all other attempts the universe had made to do so had failed. She was going to say yes... she had to.

User Image

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:38 pm
You met your enemy!

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED

User Image

Marina raised an eyebrow at being called a minx, and then protested through a bout of helpless laughter when he tickled her ribs. She ended up half lying across his lap and stared up at him moodily for a moment, before brushing a piece of red hair out of her face and poking him sharply in the stomach in retaliation, deserved or not. For a second her face paled and she looked concerned, because she was worried she might have really offended him, as if implying that she had taken him risking his life for her lightly. When he finished speaking, she was pretty sure he'd been mostly joking. But she knew he was self conscious of them. She'd tried her best to rid his head of that notion by well.. indicating that she didn't mind them at all, and she didn't. How shallow would that be, to be disgusted by someone else's scars? But maybe the fact that he was talking about them in a less serious manner meant that he wasn't as hung up on them anymore?

"Sure," she drawled. "As long as you'll think my scars are sexy too. I'd wrestle a shark for you," she told him in a tone of mock earnest. She wouldn't wrestle a shark for him, well... only if she had to. Hexing a shark was more preferable, of course. Besides, it was likely that she'd have actual, more serious scars one day too. She had a faint slash of a scar on her stomach from that sectumsempra when she was fifteen, and that old one on her shoulder from falling off a broom, but other than that... nothing too terrible. Yet. Being an Auror probably increased the likelihood of scarring quite a bit, she'd imagine. At least she didn't have to worry about Damien with that. He was a wandmaker, and wandmakers weren't known for usually getting caught up in the thick of fights with dark wizards. And even if he was... well, he'd hopefully have an Auror looking out for him, ready to curse the living daylights out of any moron who thought they were getting a spell anywhere near her boyfriend.

She snorted as he trailed off, wondering if he was going to make the joke she thought he was going to make, but he just kissed the top of her head instead and hugged her. "Madness is sometimes catching," she replied in a muffled voice as she hugged him back, smiling against his shirt, feeling his heart beat steadily on her cheek. She was confused for a moment as he started to speak again, unsure where he was going with his words, and didn't move, keeping her face hidden, until she realized he'd just pulled something out. She pulled away from him, almost sliding out of his lap completely, and her eyes darted from the little box he was holding up, which looked an awful lot like a ring box, and his smile. Was he getting at what she thought he was getting at?

She remembered her concerns about being married or even engaged at eighteen or nineteen. It just seemed so young, was all, and she had just been moving in with him then and they were just out of school and applying to be an Auror/training to be an Auror and also worrying about an impending wedding was not something she wanted on her plate at the same time. Also, she didn't want to be married that young. Her parents, the only example of marriage she'd had for most of her life, hadn't been married until they were in their late twenties. But had been an entirely different relationship, in an entirely different situation, and she'd be done with her training soon, and it was going so well, and she was never going to ever feel for anyone what she felt for Damien, of that she was convinced- She blinked and looked, actually looked at him, and realized what he'd really, truly said, so sarcastically, and the proposal might have been a summons of war, for all she cared, because she was Marina Aldred, and she didn't back down from anything or anyone. Annoyed, she socked him in the arm. Hard. And then said without a tremor or stutter in her voice or any shaking in her hands, "Yes, you t**t. Of course I'll marry you," as regally as someone sprawled on a blanket in the sand possibly could. Then it hit her in full force, she realized what she'd just said, and what he'd asked, even if it was in the most sardonic, smart arse tone he could manage.

One of the benefits of being temperamental was that she didn't sit there looking at him with narrowed brown eyes for long, and she made a noise of what sounded almost like surprise as it started to sink in, and grabbed his hand not holding the ring box and squeezed it, probably harder than she should have. "Oh my God," she said in a low voice. "Damien," she tried to say coolly, "Any other girl would have probably slapped the hell out of you-," She just shook her head, because there was no point in pretending to still be mad, she'd never been completely angry with him anyways... "Could I see the ring?" she asked stupidly, then turned red. Well, obviously he was going to show it to her, he was probably going to insist on sliding it on her finger, too, and on her ring finger, not the finger his family ring was on... She still couldn't quite believe that she now basically engaged.

Cara MiaKitty

You're losing control...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:59 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          Loving Marina Aldred
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Nervous
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx

spaceDamien was braced for the hit when it came; he'd been expecting it, after all. He did wonder if perhaps he'd ruined the general mood of the date, if maybe he could've made an effort to be honestly, legitimately romantic, but then, this was them, after all. He stopped worrying about it when she said yes, and managed to pull an expression of mock-offense, pouting. "t**t? I want to marry you and I'm a t**t?" he asked her. He fought down the impulse to roll his eyes, because he had a feeling it would just result in getting punched again. He had to say, his strategy had worked like a charm, though. She'd already said yes by the time the shock hit.

spaceHe saw it, the instant she realized what'd just happened. He watched her expression carefully, searching for any sign that she was going to take it back, but there didn't seem to be one. He couldn't help but chuckle when she spoke of another girl's reaction, as if he should be grateful she'd hit him instead. He did suppose there was something to be said for not being slapped across the face, though. He squeezed her hand back, wondering exactly how long she was going to sit there holding onto his like a vice. "I think it would be exceptionally poor form to wave it in front of your face and not let you see it," he said dryly, flicking the box open with a practiced move of his thumb (and no, he certainly hadn't practiced that at all). The ring lay nestled in the box, and he found he was holding his breath. He'd looked for ages for this ring, after all, had agonized over the selection like his life depended on it. As of right now, it was the single most important thing he'd ever given her, after all.

spaceHe considered for all of a moment doing the traditional thing and sliding it onto her finger, but, then, they hadn't really ever been the sort to follow traditions. He'd never even gotten the chance to do it with his family ring, after all, she'd taken the thing and slid it on before he was even sure she'd take it. He didn't quite know what to do with himself. Would she expect him to do it this time, or...? Hmph, there was something to be said for following traditions, he supposed. You always knew what to do in a situation like this... If she didn't take it herself in another second or so, he'd do it, he decided. In the meantime... the importance of the moment seem amplified by the wait. Because this was important. He felt a sense of peace settle into him, although the unrest hadn't quite left yet... it wouldn't, he knew, until she had the ring on her finger.

User Image

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:56 pm
You met your enemy!

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED

User Image

Marina huffed. "Yes, you are. And your pout is won't soften my fists," she threatened, but she was mostly kidding now... mostly, and his squeezing her hand back helped with his cause. "Oh, of course," she retorted, though a bit more subdued and quiet when she actually laid eyes on the ring. It was... it was pretty near perfect for her. It didn't look like every other engagement ring out there, with a diamond and a gold band. She was pretty sure the stone was an aquamarine, actually, shimmering blue, and she sort of recognized the symbol on it as something Celtic, probably indicating a trinity or something like that... "It's gorgeous," she told him. "I mean... I've never seen a ring like it before. Damien, it's stunning." She knew he had to have put a lot of thought into it; when was he not thoughtful with gifts, and an engagement ring had to be like... the ultimate gift of all. She figured she might as well let him slide it on her finger, it was only fair, as she'd put his family ring, the promise ring, on herself, they could always put their wedding bands on each other... She held her breath in the back of her throat the entire time, eyes locked on her ring finger that it came reside on, as if worried it might not fit. It fit perfectly, and she turned her hand this way and that and let it catch the pale winter light. She was a little overcome with emotions, still, but at least she wasn't weepy or laughing hysterically right? In fact, she almost felt calmer now. Like... everything was going to be fine, so long as she had him with her, right here, in this moment. "We're engaged," she seemed to confirm, and her grasp on his hand finally loosened so she could one hand momentarily in the back of his hair while she kissed him.

Cara MiaKitty

You're losing control...

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:43 am
User Image

The Date
Saturday, November 12th, 2033

The Wedding Party
Maid of Honor: Chloe Clarisse
Best Man: Uriel Scott
Bridesmaids: Elsbeth Shoichet, Morven Vass
Groomsmen: Dorian Xanders, Christian Barrett

The Guest List
The Vass Family
The McLellan Family
The Clarisse Family
The Xanders Family
The Shoichet Family
Uriel Scott
Olyvia Catlin Blythe
Christian Barrett
Jason Hill
Kenneth Blake
Sophie Dechering
(any +1s of invitees)

The Location
Tinworth Beach

Diamond Wales

murruelecreuset

Cara MiaKitty

Essy ze Ninja

Shabatha

Devlyn Maycry

mc2

Devlyn Maycry

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 12:11 pm
A clouded dream on an earthly night-
Hangs upon the crescent moon.
A voiceless song in an ageless light-
Sings at the coming dawn.
Birds in flight are calling there...
Where the heart moves the stones.
It's there that my heart is calling;
All for the love of you.

User Image
N E W L Y N
T A R A
M C L E L L A N

BLOOD TRAITORFORMER HUFFLEPUFFOWNER OF DOMINIC MAESTRO'S

Newlyn, formerly Vass, currently, permanently, McLellan, looked unusually smug for someone who was typically a bit of a 'blank slate'- she kept her expressions reserved and was anything but an open book when it came to displaying emotion, but as of right now, most onlookers would probably agree that the dark haired woman looked rather like the cat that had eaten the canary. Maybe it wasn't the most bridal sort of look, but she also seemed undeniably happy. The weather was blue quickly fading into grey as the day wore on, there was a sharp, lingering chill in the air and a stiff breeze no matter how many charms were implemented, and frigid waves pounding the pale, bare shoreline not far from the area set up for the reception wasn't exactly the most romantic setting, but Newlyn looked as though she had stumbled into some sort of faeryland of her own making.

It was possible, she supposed privately to herself, that she had. She'd never really envisioned her wedding growing up, had never had time to, but planning her wedding had been perhaps the most self absorbed thing she had ever done in her life, second only to getting engaged, and now that she was married Newlyn found that she loved it. She'd grown up almost actively encouraged not to put herself first, and to finally do it in her twenties had taken a combination of nerves and steel and a sort of delightful 'what could possibly go wrong' devil may care attitude. So what if what seemed like half the wedding guests were werewolves? So what if her sisters, not a father, walked her down the aisle? And so what if she'd decided to get married in November? In Cornwall? It was her wedding, and she'd thought about it, and determined that she was for once in her life going to do whatever she bloody well pleased.

And that'd surprisingly seemed to for the most part work out in her favor, as she was sitting here, married and smug. Newlyn was counting every disaster averted as a success. It had not poured, hailed, or snowed on them. The flowers had not instantly withered in the cold. The sea had decided to behave. No one had become terribly ill or gotten horribly injured. No one had protested during the 'speak now' portion. Jason hadn't murdered anyone. Morven hadn't cursed anyone. People seemed to be enjoying themselves, or at least not actively complaining, and if they were, well they weren't complaining to her. This all added up, in her book, to both a profound sense of relief and a smug 'I think this might be what it feels like to have your cake and eat it too' sensation.

"Jason hasn't threatened to kill anyone yet, and Morven's not glaring daggers at us," she said almost gleefully to her new husband. "We did it. We survived our own wedding."

OOC:
Diamond Wales

A painting hangs on an ivy wall-
Nestled in the emerald moss.
The eyes declare a truce of trust;
And then it draws me far away.
Where deep in the desert twilight...
Sand melts in pools of the sky-
When darkness lays her crimson cloak...
Your lamps will call me home.

The United Kingdom

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]