Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:04 pm
blaugh Star Trek. Oh how I have forgotten how much I adored Next Generation. Netflix now has every episode from every season of practically every Star Trek series. While I was too young to get into the original series, my parents watched every new episode of Next Generation. Watching the series now, at age 26 I love it all the more.

Also, I honestly can't understand the hatred between Star Wars and Star Trek fans. I suppose it's much like the console wars, and fans just want to prove their loyalty. But I love both so much. whee I still have a collection of Star Wars figures, but my dad and I used to hide this one Warf figurine on each other constantly (I'd hide it in his sock drawer, then he'd find it and hide it in my shoe).

So ATG, share with me your thoughts, make it so lol  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:48 pm
I love both. I guess some people can't take differing views on sci-fi. But considering Star Trek is the future and Star Wars was the past ("A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....") I don't see a problem with liking them both, especially since they are such entirely different times and locations. Why not have differing views on how sci-fi life should be depicted? It would be boring if all sci-fi was the same.

Picard will always be my favorite captain. I had some Star Wars figurines and comics as a kid, but I also had a Star Wars playset too. It was the Millennium Falcon (spelling?) and I had all the characters (even Jabba). I think mom held on to them as they are valuable now.  

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:38 pm
Netflix prices going up! You may not be able to go where no man has gone before as boldly anymore.

8 P  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:21 pm
Its 8$ per month, not exactly a deadly price xD  

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:34 pm
It's only going up if you want stupid DVDs.

Star Trek is totally better thought.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:16 pm
That kind of price kills babies, and how would -you- know that, Shram? O_O  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:20 am
Yeaaaah, I know the price is going up. But it still beats cable blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:31 am
I love both Star Wars and Star Trek. I used to watch Next Generation and Voyager with my father when I was younger. I downloaded and rewatched Voyager last year, and I will sit and watch TNG if I catch it on TV.

I've always wanted to watch DS9 all the way through. I'm familiar with the general story and the characters, but I've never seen more than a handful of episodes.

I tried to watch Enterprise, but I didn't really care for it.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:52 am
Love TOS for what it is, love love love NextGen, like DS9 (but need to watch more of it, and tends to get dragged down with subplots), like what I've seen of Voyager, and like what Enterprise COULD have been. And love Star Wars, which is to science fiction what TOS is to westerns. (It was originally sold to the network as a wagon train to the stars.)  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:01 pm
How would I know what Jaft O.o?  

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

Skorndrick

Gracious Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:30 pm
My mom was always a big Trekky, so I like Star Trek, but I like Star Wars a bit better. My dad hates all Star Trek and all Star Wars except "the one with the assasin's clones in it and the long neck alien things". I love Doctor Who, though, always have and always will, and nothing can beat him. heart  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:03 pm
I like both. And Dr. Who. And Star Gate. And probably a dozen other nerdy things. I am an equal opportunity nerd.  

Kipluck

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Skorndrick

Gracious Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:39 pm
Kipluck
I like both. And Dr. Who. And Star Gate. And probably a dozen other nerdy things. I am an equal opportunity nerd.

You are now loved for it. mrgreen Because as am I. I even wear shirts with physics c=jokes on them .First time I wore one to school I bragged to my Physics teacher about it and he laughed. He got the joke, even if he was the only person who did...  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:34 pm
I used to watch Next Gen with my mom when i was younger ^^ was fun. i loved that the guy who played Jordie was also in Reading Rainbow XD

but i hadn't seen any original series episodes until about 2-ish years ago, in the campus pub lol got to watch Shatner's awesome in HD while waiting for a burger and fries ^^
I find it hilarious often times.. but then again, i love bad movies just because they're so awful. like Bruce Lee movies. his acting was ... well, pretty wooden but DAMN can the man kick a person's a**! and the terrible acting makes my day biggrin  

~DR.MOOFASA~

Skorndrick

Gracious Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:16 pm
Last version of anything like that that I saw was the older version of BattleStar Galactica... with barbarians riding on unicorns, too. xd Didn't know they could do that....  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff