Submit

Arctic myth

Timid Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:23 pm
My biggest problem when Roleplaying is length... kind of a stupid question I suppose, but what's the best way to make your posts longer? Descriptions? razz  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:34 pm
Descriptions, observations, character's internal thoughts are good for length and more detail. You can also describe your character's actions and facial expressions and pose.  

Scythe de Zaran

Tipsy Punching Bag

24,125 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

Arctic myth

Timid Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:42 pm
Scythe de Zaran
Descriptions, observations, character's internal thoughts are good for length and more detail. You can also describe your character's actions and facial expressions and pose.

Alright thanks I'll try some of those.The pose one should be interesting since one of my characters I'm using is easily distracted. Thanks! ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:55 pm
Arctic myth
Alright thanks I'll try some of those.The pose one should be interesting since one of my characters I'm using is easily distracted. Thanks! ^_^
Good luck!  

Scythe de Zaran

Tipsy Punching Bag

24,125 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

VenusRain

Timid Guildswoman

8,350 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:03 am
Are your partners complaining about the length, or that you aren't giving them enough to go on (mostly the second one)? Because that's really the only time you should be worried about length; put your fretting into making sure the characters are in character, having proper grammar, and generally being comprehensible.

Really, what is it with people and a desire to word vomit meaningless nonsense instead of just giving out the information the other player needs to play? You only really need to describe scenery in the set-up post, or if there's a drastic difference between the set-up and where the characters go (and, sometimes, not even then; I don't need people to go all Robert Jordan on me and start describing the embroidery on the pillows ffs), clothing should only be described in detail if you're playing, like... Rarity or something, and most poses really don't need much to get across the meaning.

Basically what I'm saying is that I hated it in The Wheel of Time, and the word vomit being in an RP isn't going to make me like it any more. Also I have had many run-ins with stupidly huge RP word counts full of nothing, can you tell?

EDIT: i can type :pseudo:  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:05 am
Scythe de Zaran
Arctic myth
Good luck!

Thank you ^_^

VenusRain
Are your partners complaining about the length, or that you aren't giving them enough to go on (mostly the second one)? Because that's really the only time you should be worried about length; put your fretting into making sure the characters are in character, having proper grammar, and generally being comprehensible.

Really, what is it with people and a desire to word vomit meaningless nonsense instead of just giving out the information the other player needs to play? You only really need to describe scenery in the set-up post, or if there's a drastic difference between the set-up and where the characters go (and, sometimes, not even then; I don't need people to go all Robert Jordan on me and start describing the embroidery on the pillows ffs), clothing should only be described in detail if you're playing, like... Rarity or something, and most poses really don't need much to get across the meaning.

Basically what I'm saying is that I hated it in The Wheel of Time, and the word vomit being in an RP isn't going to make me like it any more. Also I have had many run-ins with stupidly huge RP word counts full of nothing, can you tell?

Mostly when I try and RP with my real life friends... haven't had any issues in Guild yet. I definantly don't do that with the armor/clothing, I stick to 'Worn Leather' etc. razz  

Arctic myth

Timid Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Survivor 150
Roleplay Practice [Open!]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items