Skorndrick

Gracious Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:40 pm
-sigh- stare

It has recently come to my attention that not only are a lot of my friends a bit crazy -or, at least not all the way there-, a lot of people think I happen to be crazy. One time I missed school for a week and had someone ask me which Asylum I was placed in while I was "sick". As I was thinking of posting this topic I happened to be having a very intense conversation with a friend of mine who happened to be convinced that Cleverbot, the AI, was a real person by the name of Scott. So Blu's question is, how the heck do I explain the truth of things to crazy people? I had to convince this girl that my computer, Falance, was a friend of Cleverbot's, and that, in fact, I knew Cleverbot was a robot from Falance. Random people just seem to be drawn to me.... what to do, what to do...

I know it's a bit of an odd subject, but if you lend a hand it would be much appreciated, thank you very much.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:07 pm
Maybe you are not with the right people thats all.  

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Skorndrick

Gracious Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:42 pm
says someone named Psycha. stare right.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:59 pm
Dont get mad at me  

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Skorndrick

Gracious Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:06 pm
It's actually kind of hard to get me mad. mrgreen so, don't worry about that. I was jsut saying it may not be viable to take referance from someone named what your are.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:12 pm
BluCatnip
It's actually kind of hard to get me mad. mrgreen so, don't worry about that. I was jsut saying it may not be viable to take referance from someone named what your are.
Its just an avatar name...It is the name of a skate shop  

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Skorndrick

Gracious Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:17 pm
But it's also like Greek for "soul" or mind. the base word for psycho. therefore...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:59 pm
I didnt knew...I guess I learn something new today  

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Skorndrick

Gracious Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:07 pm
And now for today! The F word is derived from the word feculant, a curse word used by the nobility in mideval europe. Due to their lack of an education, most peasants started misusing the word as feck, and that became...? smile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:19 pm
Actually, linguists do not know for certain how "********" originated, except that it's likely Germanic and it first popped up in the 1500s. It has no connection to feculent, which is directly from Latin. Think faeces, faecal...same origin.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Skorndrick

Gracious Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:40 am
What sucks for me is that most dictionaries don't have that word.... I'll take your word for it, Tae, though I learned differantly. I love my dictionary no matter what, though.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:54 am
If so many people think you're crazy, then you have two basic options: don't worry about it (if you don't believe yourself to be crazy), or consider changing your behaviour/mannerisms so that people won't assume you're insane.

(Although, I would assume that whoever asked if you were at an asylum was joking.)

Don't get me wrong, there is definitely some middle ground. You could rein yourself in, except when you're with close friends. Being a quirky individual is wonderful, but it's entirely possible to have quirks and be a little zany and not have people think you're deranged...

I know it's like this huge faux-pas to tell someone to conform or to change themselves to fit in better, but if you're unhappy with how people perceive you, then you can either change whatever it is you're doing, or work harder on not giving a ******** what others think of you.

As for your "explaining the truth of things to crazy people", your friend sounds like a ******** who thinks that acting unbalanced is cute or makes her interesting and special. (She's wrong.) If she actually had some sort of delusion, I would suggest helping her seek medical attention, but I doubt that she actually has any sort of psychosis. Not to mention, you can hardly complain about her "beliefs" when you patronize her with stories about robots from Falance.

To sum it up, I'm not sure what sort of advice you even are asking for. If you're not interested in socializing with strange people, there's a very simple solution: don't.

On the subject of ******** dictionary I've ever owned has had the word "********" in it, not to mention a number of other vulgarities. Hell, I distinctly remember looking up all kinds of "naughty" words with other kids in the dictionary in elementary school.

A quick Google search (which is what I suspect Tae did) will tell you that your supposed etymology is about as correct as the "for unlawful carnal knowlege" legend.

PixiecuTT

Swann

5,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:49 am
You get what you put out there right, everybody is a little off beat, so you're a lot off beat and so are your friends. At least you have friends and you aren't a lonely crazy person? Try to look on the bright side and make the best of your craziness. Personally it just sounds like teenage problems to me, when you grow up you'll out grow the annoying banter that is conversation when you're a teen.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:38 pm
Not... so much a teen as you would think, actually, but whatever. Doesn't matter.  

Skorndrick

Gracious Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:11 pm
Doesn't it suck when "high school" follows you out into the real world?

I have found that like-minded people tend to be drawn to each other. I, for instance, have ADHD (which was not diagnosed until I was in my late twenties). The vast majority of my friends also either have been diagnosed with ADHD at some point in their lives or display a large number of traits associated with it. It's not so much that we seek each other out or that we talk about ADHD as a common ground; we are the people who can tolerate people like us, and we are the people who people like us do not find tiresome and bland. We are all a little zany, we change the subject frequently and other people have trouble keeping up with our leaps from seemingly-unrelated subject to seemingly-unrelated subject.

I imagine that people who work really hard at being "random" (which is not really random at all, but that's a rant for another day) would be drawn to each other similarly.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff