Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Knockturn Alley
The Spiny Serpent [Closed ~ Not Hiring] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:18 am
The Spiny Serpent

User Image

Spiny Serpent Hours:

Mon: 3 pm - 10 pm
                                                                              Tues: 3 pm - 10 pm
                                                                              Wed: 3 pm - 10 pm
                                                                              Thur: 3 pm - 10 pm
                                                                              Fri: 5 pm - 12 am
                                                                              Sat: 12 pm - 5 pm
                                                                              Sun: Closed

After wandering down a stray alley way, a large wooden door presents itself. The shop itself does not harbor a sign, save for the big black knocker that wizards are forced to find. Ordinarily, it had been enchanted to only allow entrance to advanced customers, but that's been changed, and any person can enter the shop. Upon entering, shelves and shelves line the walls, each filled with it's own curious oddity of cursed and enchanted items alike. Behind the large wooden oak desk, sits Remington Jagger Nott, notorious for curse breaking and identifying if whether an item is a cursed artifact, or not. Not only infamous for his line of work, Remington seems to have ears everywhere; if you ever need information on a person, place, or thing, Remington will have the answers.

If one can be lucky enough to know Remington, personally, there's an underground gambling ring in the basement of his shop, where one can drink, relax, and bet wages over quidditch tournaments.

Activated only by the trip step magically infused within the building, the floor boards gave way in the heart of the room, and beneath all of the artifacts and scriptures a spiral staircase leads down to a floor below that was not known to most. Though the stairs had been riddled with cobwebs and dust, filthy from the grit and grime glory of the shop above head, it had breathed life into a new world, all its own.

Like a depicted movie fabled out of the roaring twenties, the underground room had been lavishly restored, with antique pieces exclusively imported from New Orleans, New York City, and Atlantic City, from the United States. Rich hues of scarlet and plum decorated the rich ambiance of the vicinity. More people flocked to the scene than ever would have been imaginable, each of the fabulously garbed patrons had been drowning under their own vice and virtues, but, each and every one of them had been able to pause to offer the luxurious smile and wave of greeting. Tobacco smoke and exuberating scent of finely aged liquor feverishly roared the room into a spitfire round of accusations, dirty looks, and suggestive flirtation.

The Previous Owner
Slytherin Alumni, Remington Jagger Nott
Played by Essy ze Ninja

User Image

IMAGES ARE 230x230

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:53 am
Enchanted Relics for Sell

Arrow Quiver 42 galleons, 5 knuts
Sturdy, fashioned with leather in the medieval times, this arrow quiver reduces the wearer's speed and agility by half, but every shot produced is a one hit kill.

Wooden Harp of Discord 10 galleons, 8 sickles
When played, any being within ear's reach of the music will feel an uncontrollable urge to dance. This harp was once used by the Duke of Wales, for defensive purposes (and for laughs.)

Poisoned Chandelier 20 galleons, 15 knuts
When every candle is lit, any persons within a short distance will be affected by the slow working poison, which, can render the person into a state of brilliant insanity; making ideas bizarre, radical, and at rare times, ingenious. The candles never decrease in size as they are burned.

Masquerade of Avarice 34 galleons, 14 knuts
Envious tendencies gyrate the user, causing the wearer to become ill-hearted, greedy, and verbally abusive, but, the longer its worn, the wearer appears younger, and increasingly beautiful.

Dagger of Darkness 55 galleons, 25 sickles
This weapon, possessed by a darker spirit, has a mind of its own when ever in the hands of a witch or wizard, this weapon cannot be discarded by simple means, a counter curse is needed.

Berserker Mace 40 galleons, 45 sickles
A formidable weapon wrought with an alchemist's wicked elements, this mace launches the owner into a frenzied state, attacking any and everyone within sight, until the owner is unconscious, dead, or there is no one left within sight to behold.

Helm of Honor 45 galleons 65 galleons
Once worn by a knight of the kingsguard, this helm slowly drains any knowledge of right and wrong from the wearer, causing the owner to harbor a severe lack of ethics and morality, but makes it much more practical to achieve their means in the end.

*Use of these items will, more often than not, require a plot request. Please keep this in mind when purchasing items.  

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:00 am

Announcements

Shop Closed

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:18 am
Spiny Serpent Job Application

Please fill this form out in character and turn in to Remington Nott, and quote "Essy ze Ninja" in the post. For any questions, feel free to PM Essy ze Ninja.

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]School:[/b]
[b]OWLS:[/b]
[b]NEWTS:[/b]
[b]Special Skills:[/b]
[b]Disability/Incapability:[/b]
[b]Position applying for:[/b] [Cursebreaker/Spell Enchanter, Relic Hunter, Receptionist]

[b]Signed[/b]

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:33 am
That's why I slipped out the back before you knew I was there
And I know the way I left wasn't fair

I didn't want to be around just to bring you down

Remington Jagger Nott

User Image

"There." Remington concluded, as his calloused hands flipped a sign in a window from closed, to open. At once, he dusted his hands off, no matter how many enchantments he tried, he could never keep the shop free of dirt, and dust. Several weeks had been spent to collect everything that would be needed for his shop, and for a moment, he thought back to the grizzly old man who had mentioned him in his will. What a poor choice. Regardless of the thought, Remington pivoted on his heel, the billow of his thick gray robes flashed out from under him, an embellished English Bullmastiff adorned in onyx gems donned the back of his robe, and exerted the sigil of his family house.

The wooden floorboards under him creaked with each step, and all along the way back to his desk, his gaze, a golden hue, bespeckled with pale green, roamed the area. The room was a bit dark, the only light emitted from various candles and the hearth in the back corner of the room. Little trinkets were scattered on shelves, but for the most part, the room was rather empty, for now.

╔══════════════╗
Thoughts: 'Wonder how long till I get my first customer...'
╚══════════════╝

I'm not a hero but don't think I didn't care

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:42 pm
User Image

alfons marcus flint
head potioneer of the most extraordinary society of potioneers

User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User Image

- -the dusty, semi-crowded streets of Knockturn Alley were a wash in the dark eyes of the Flint as he tried his best not to trip over his own legs in a slur of intoxication. With every step he could feel the alcohol swishing in his empty stomach. He should have eaten, the booze had gone straight to his head regardless of how may drinks he had. But it had been a dark day.
He needed something to momentarily make him forget the seeming numbness. This was a good enough distraction.

A step placed too forward made him lean dangerously in the air, nearly ramming straight into the uneven brick wall of the shop. Throwing a hand up to level himself and stop the physics in mind-action, he leaned all his weight against the wall.
He shouldn't have allowed Romulus to put so many fire whiskeys under his nose. Alfons was a complete light weight on an empty stomach.

Trying to make his eyes work against the toxins, the Flint focused on the sign hanging just across from him, using it like an anchor to stabilize his mind. It would also be nice to know where he stumbled off to once his cousin had run off with an alluring girl, leaving Alfons in the streets. the Spiny?. Straightening up, he finally allowed himself independence from the wall and tried to stand straight without leaning to either side. Snake...Serpent. Potions ran through his head, ranking in how well they would sober him up. The Purgatory Tonic was a nice start, the Spiny Serpent.

Suddenly, the collected, manly face of the Flint fell. He knew where he was.
- -

User Image
yew || the flint estate || office

User Image

Pale Mist

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:07 pm

Remington Jagger Nott

User Image

Remington was shrouded amongst the shadows around the far end of his shop because nestled in the back corner of Knockturn Alley, a quaint set of wooden stables had been upraised to accomodate Remington's faithful companion, Steel. He oft times found himself around the presence of the creature, not for any particular reason he knew of, but it only seemed to serve his purpose.

Each and every time.

Because as Remington rounded the corner, a most uncanny silhouette caught the ferocity of his golden eyes, speckled with green. Upon closer observation, the regal nobleman who stood just several inches above the six foot come to an abrupt halt behind Alfons (whether or not his footsteps were heard entirely had to do with the state of drunkeness in which Flint had succumbed into.)

Now, Remington had every reason to oh, say, induce a concussion- or perhaps- a nasty case of the memory-erasing charm, or even better and all the more classic- the slug-vomit charm.

Ah, but even Remington had slight inklings for when to submit to his deeper desires and when to avoid, afterall, temptation was always best when prolonged.

Suddenly, the weight of his hand fell on the shoulder of Alfons Marcus Flint. "Alfons," Remington chimed with a wicked poison. "Don't tell me this is what you've sank down to now that your wife has left you?'

Well, doesn't mean he still can't poke fun at the miserable man.

╔══════════════╗
Thoughts:
╚══════════════╝

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:21 pm
User Image

alfons marcus flint

User Image
User Image

- -The street, though cobbled and speckled with puddles of filthy water and discarded waste, had not created a recognizable sound for the Flint to have detected. So when a hand slammed onto his swaying shoulder he immediately brandished his wand seemingly from thin air and whipped around to face whomever dared touch him.
The smooth, all too familiar voice was quicker than his actions were, so his dark eyes did not need to fall on the Nott to know who it was.
With a bitter chuckle he returned his wand to his trouser pocket, keeping it gripped though, and smirked.
"I see your point; skulking around Knockturn with a foggy head and a target on my back. I am almost at your level, aren't I, Remington?"
- -

User Image

User Image

Pale Mist

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:35 pm

Remington Jagger Nott

User Image

Alarmed, though only slightly, Remington had only the time to blink his glowing gaze several times in succesion with that smug smirk still delicately incisioned upon his lips. Remington had a number of qualities, most of which were negative, but at least he had no honor- even less shame- and an even better chance to faulter. Still, the devious snake of a man lifted his massive and calloused hand into the air in a feign method of defeat. "Truly, but only almost, Flint, only almost. You see, the difference between you and I... is that I have impeccable taste in women and clothing and you, well.........

"The streets are no place for you to trouble yourself, Flint,"
Remington advised as he slithered past Alfons to push open the door of his store, which he left open for the Slytherin alumni behind him. The courtesy wasn't verbal, but it was implied.

╔══════════════╗
Thoughts: 'Quite too long since last I've seen him,'
╚══════════════╝

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:57 pm
User Image

alfons marcus flint

User Image
User Image

- -the words did little to wipe Afons' own smirk from his face. It was only the comment directed (though maybe not precisely) at his wife that momentarily made the corners of his lip twitch.
"No trouble here. I have a worse time banishing ghouls from my father's cabinets then I do out in 'your office space'. I honestly do not see how you can boast about your practices. They are no achievement." The man jabbed back, referring to the other's street life.
"I have to agree; my place is up in the estate, tending to all the boring ministry things. Nothing of importance or qualification, to be sure."

An exchange from both pairs of dark eyes and another smirk and they were already inside the building owned by the Nott in front of the Flint.
Momentarily, Alfons allowed his dark eyes to wander the dimly lit articles placed up for sale and inspection. From medieval articles cursed with the nastiest jinxes to interesting, surreal pieces that seemed to come from a dream. Or a nightmare, rather.
It had been a year, Alfons suddenly recalled, since he last stepped a polished foot into the shop. But even with that time lapse, the Flint could see the story told by the different layers of dust and even the changes of the standing plaques that informed one of what was on display. He could see the wash and change of the shop as things came in and left. Whether bought or traded. A constant whirlpool of exchanges and agreements. The atmosphere, even from the outside, also gave away that more than physical things were passed her. Rumors, street word, possible fact and blackmail were also high in the market.
For all Alfons said about Remington's shop and its dealings, he could not deny he had not ever come in for information or a favor. He knew he would again one day as well.
- -

User Image

User Image

Pale Mist

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:12 am

Remington Jagger Nott

User Image

A melodious laughter, though only enchanted in part to the hypnotic foreboding discord, or perhaps it was his stunning good looks? Ha, Remington could have gone back and forth over the subject if boredom willed it so, but as the case was not, his mind fluttered over other aspects of a more sudden intrigue. Like the next statement in which to knock the smug smirk off of Flint's face.

"Oh, but I do not live for the glory, achievement, or honor that you fools live for. I live as I will too, you should try it sometime, maybe you'll finally be able to buy you a friend." Remington jested lightheartedly, and uttered a string of curses as he noticed the thick blanket of dust that had accumulated.

He enchanted the bloody room this morning, for Circe's sake. Ah, but Remington should have known better than to do that! The shop was as picky as the store owner itself, and that was truly a feat to accomplish.

"Ah, but your wrong Flint, I am of remarkable importance, and offer a qualification like no kind, in fact,

"Dare I say that your political acquaintances had only climbed so far up? Because they had a b*****d to kick the competition off from their own ladders."
Like always, Remington idly stood opposite the Helm of Honor. "Me being the b*****d, the horribly rich b*****d, too boot.."

╔══════════════╗
Thoughts:
╚══════════════╝

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:26 am
User Image

alfons marcus flint

User Image
User Image

- -a laugh escaped him at Nott's beginning words. Indeed, he felt a fool. Restrained and watched by the world. Finally paying for whatever things had caused him to trip over himself then. Then, back during the war. Back when a darkness constantly seeped the sky.
Reminiscing now, Remington was in fact the cleverer man; he had stayed out of it. Alfons felt envy for that position. Not that he would ever reveal it to the other man, of course. Nothing of the sort!
"If I truly wanted a friend, I would speak to my colleges. I have enough money to rent a dozen of them, if I so wanted their company." Icy trickled into his tone as he talked, continuing with flow into what Remington followed with, "Rich, Nott? Fortune from your little gamble of a shop place? Trading the cursed for the wicked and the word. Can't see much money in that. Much that you do not gamble away in your little ring, that is."

Daring to poke a large top hat that seemed to have teeth with his wand he paused. "But I don't wish to speak politics with you, Nott. You know it doesn't interest me." the words were mumbled and the expected drunken slur of his state finally entered them. His character and facade was holding tightly, but the alcohol simply seemed to be strengthening the longer he held it in himself.
- -

User Image

User Image

Pale Mist

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:35 am

Remington Jagger Nott

User Image

Remington slithered away from the helm, it had tempted him oft enough, now wouldn't be the time to sit and stare in wonder. A pivot on his heel lead Remington up the far aisle until he reached his desk at the back of the room, which he hastily swung around to collapse onto the gloriously lush arm chair, cushioned with the finest feathers and furs. A simple flick of his gaze sent the fireplace in the corner into an uproar to fight off away the chill that bit into his bones.

"As it is, you don't have to tell me twice," Remington complied as he stretched back into the luxury of his arm chair and then propped both feet upright against the corner of his desk. "Tell me, how has such a long time come to pass before we've seen each other?"

"Surely, I thought you got murdered without me."
He jested, a smirk on his lips as he came to mention their singular likeness, or rather, their singular demise. Too many hours had been wasted away, just wondering, how he of all people managed to wind up in a dreary situation, and with Flint, no less?

╔══════════════╗
Thoughts: '...'
╚══════════════╝

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:47 am
User Image

alfons marcus flint

User Image
User Image

- - Alfons' eyes followed as the other man dropped himself into an old, squishy armchair that for some reason always reminded him of the ones placed in the Slytherin Common Room.
Stepping over to the fire and staring into it before answering Remington for a few beats.Crossing his arms and looking into the warmth that he could feel seeping into his being, sobering him just slightly.
"Murdered is a close enough reason, it would seem. Stacks of work piling one on top of another. Boring life things, nothing memorable. Still brewing away, like a true Flint."
A touch of bitterness came as he swallowed and tasted his words as they escaped him. He felt like he was being honest in his twisted word games. Drinking did that to him - it gave him emotions to feel and all too easily show to others.
Even with his words as a shield, he was in the worst company to be drunk with; one who could see through the maze of words just as easily as he could create them himself.
- -

User Image

User Image

Pale Mist

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:59 am

Remington Jagger Nott

User Image

When, at last, Remington had been hit with a wall of silence plastered in, brick by brick, he couldn't deny himself the temptation to turn an inquisitive eye onto Alfons. No doubt, the magnitude of depth behind the man's words had always left Remington in a sort of awe, or perhaps it was jealousy?

Regardless of exactly what that dreary emotion could have been, Remington still felt the ever-present urge to remain vigilant-

It would be a shame to have to fetch Flint from the flames, heh, although now it only seems fitting now that it's passed his mind.

"Ah, dammit, Flint. You've got to get out more often, you're starting to worry me." It was a lie of course, but that wasn't the purpose. It was to help determine the length that Alfons had fallen these past months.

"There's nothing a good bottle of wine and a pretty litle lady can't fix, aye? Besides, if we're to ever live long enough to see the world crumble, then I suggest you wrench yourself from this rut you've fallen in,

"It's really quite depressing, you know."
He mummbled the last part with a sarcastic jest as an underlying tone.

╔══════════════╗
Thoughts: '...'
╚══════════════╝

Knockturn Alley

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items