Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Gaia's Christian Network News
Youth Pastor Gone Bad

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:05 pm
I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

Youth pastor living in American Canyon, California suspected of sexually preying on a girl from Benicia, California

BENICIA, CA -- A 38-year-old youth pastor has been arrested for sexually preying on a Benicia girl who was one of his Bible study students, police said Wednesday.

John Edward Gamboa, of American Canyon, allegedly began talking to and texting the girl in February or March, police said. The communications stopped for a while after the girl's parents became suspicious and complained to the church, police said. Police would say only that the girl is under 14.

However, in July, the two began texting again, arranging for Gamboa to sneak into the victim's home in August where the two "engaged in kissing and inappropriate touching," police said.

Five days later, Gamboa met the girl at an event at a Fairfield business, arranging via text messages to meet in a secluded area where he allegedly committed more lewd acts, police said.

The victim's mother discovered what appeared to be an inappropriate relationship when she checked her daughter's phone, police said. The parents reported the allegations to police after their daughter confided in them about the meetings.

Gamboa was contacted by police, provided a statement "admitting the allegations" and was booked into Solano County jail on $65,000 bail Tuesday night, police said. He is set to be arraigned Thursday afternoon in Fairfield.

Police did not release the name of the Solano County church the girl attended to protect her privacy. However, police said the church is not in Benicia.

Gamboa faces charges of committing lewd acts with a minor, contacting a minor for the purpose of engaging in lewd behavior and entering a dwelling with the intent to commit a felony.

"This illustrates the importance of parents monitoring the behavior of their children and, when necessary, the information on their children's cell phones," police Lt. Mike Daley said. "Sexual predators who have gained the trust of a child or minor have found texting an easy way to engage young children in conversations at any time of the day or night."

...Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:07 pm
I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

Benicia and American Canyon are 2 neighboring cities to my town. This is so quite appalling and I know it is going to hurt many people and cause a lot of chaos in our area churches. Please pray for this family and for those who will harden their hearts to Christianity even more because of this.

...Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

starry night-163

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:31 pm
I'll be praying.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:42 am
Thats just disgusting and repulsive. That youth pastor was supposed to be in the service of God not trying to satisfy his perverted ways under the guise of religion.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Kraxys05

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:40 pm
That's insane. I'm glad the youth pastor at my church isn't smart enough nor weak-willed enough to do something like that. lol  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:28 pm
Was nosing around... And this is a prime example of human imperfection. It kind of makes me sick to think that a youth pastor would do that... When even I want to be a youth counselor myself. :S Well, I'm going to be praying for this to settle down and not push away as many unsaved.  

pong kiyo

Familiar Friend

16,000 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
Gaia's Christian Network News

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items