Reply Character Concepts
Superhero names? [Uh...all of them?] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DeadlyPumpkinBread

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:00 pm
HFFFF I know this is so dumb and I should be doing this myself, but I could use any extra help I can get.

So. I'm planning out a superhero comic (and it's mostly my own creativity and love for the genre that makes me do this, but it's also part parody) and as awesome as it is thus far, I'd like it if there were a larger character pool.

So...just give me a name and a power. I can figure out the rest of the character (nationality, personality, costume, etc.). And YES, I would do it all myself if I could, but do you know how many superheroes there are in DC Comics alone? This is part parody, yes, but I'd rather not use clearly referential names for minor characters.

I'll put up a list of what I've already got if you want one. Please be nice and not snobby. Thank you.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:26 am
Hmmm...I'd give you my personal superhero if I wasn't so sure I'll be using him at some point.

Just thought of this one:

Name: Crash Test
Power: Destructive and a nearly unstoppable force. (Much like the Juggernaut, but you really can't think of anything original when it comes to super heroes. xD)  

ecopper12

DeadlyPumpkinBread

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:40 pm
ecopper12
Hmmm...I'd give you my personal superhero if I wasn't so sure I'll be using him at some point.

Power: Destructive and a nearly unstoppable force. (Much like the Juggernaut, but you really can't think of anything original when it comes to super heroes. xD)
That's true. A lot of the main characters are based off ones from DC/Marvel/other comics. And it's kind of a parody, so it doesn't matter. I might use that one, but can I change the name?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:04 am
Pixelated Bloodbath
ecopper12

That's true. A lot of the main characters are based off ones from DC/Marvel/other comics. And it's kind of a parody, so it doesn't matter. I might use that one, but can I change the name?

Sure! I don't mind.  

ecopper12

Giyari
Crew

Shirtless Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:07 pm
something I used as a character for an RP a while back, and you're welcome to use if you want smile

Name: Jansen Graves
Power: Fear-monger: Physical manifestation of the targets deepest fears. E.G. Say you're afraid of snakes, Jansen would conjure a 12 foot cobra from the surroundings that would attack for him.

Actually, I wrote Jansen as an anti-hero verging very closely to the villain side... Like the only reason he was a hero was because he had no other choice XD

EEEEDDDDIIIITTTT::::::::::
As for a superhero codename style name, hows about Metus, which is latin for fear smile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:25 pm
Try looking at mythology maybe? It does come off as cheesy but if it's a Pardoy I'm not sure how much that'll matter...good luck though. smile  

Arctic myth

Timid Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Survivor 150

DeadlyPumpkinBread

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:23 pm
Giyari
something I used as a character for an RP a while back, and you're welcome to use if you want smile

Power: Fear-monger: Physical manifestation of the targets deepest fears. E.G. Say you're afraid of snakes, Jansen would conjure a 12 foot cobra from the surroundings that would attack for him.

Actually, I wrote Jansen as an anti-hero verging very closely to the villain side... Like the only reason he was a hero was because he had no other choice XD

As for a superhero codename style name, hows about Metus, which is latin for fear smile

Sounds like Scarecrow. :)

I've already got plenty of the "almost-a-villain" types, but I need a few more villains. Would that be okay?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:56 pm
Pixelated Bloodbath
Giyari

Sounds like Scarecrow. :)

I've already got plenty of the "almost-a-villain" types, but I need a few more villains. Would that be okay?

He'd make an excelent villain twisted  

Giyari
Crew

Shirtless Ladykiller

VenusRain

Timid Guildswoman

8,350 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:09 am
Now that I've recovered from losing the original comment... emotion_bigvein

A fruit-themed villain named Malus. It's Latin for both apple and evil (which, incidentally, is why the fruit of knowledge is frequently depicted as an apple. ROMAN PUNSTERS.), and honestly a fruit-themed villain could be both subtle and really really dangerous, given that a lot of normally edible fruit contains toxic compounds, and enhancing them wouldn't take much. HERO TAKES BITE OF CYANIDE* APPLE, VICTORY IS THEIRS.

...Also I really want to see if someone could make dialogue filled with fruit puns without making it seem forced.

*Apple seeds contain cyanide. If your power is "******** with fruit attributes", it wouldn't take much to have it spread to the entire fruit.

Also cyanide does not taste/smell like sweet almonds and if I see that ever again I will rage. emotion_donotwant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:24 pm
VenusRain

A fruit-themed villain named Malus. It's Latin for both apple and evil (which, incidentally, is why the fruit of knowledge is frequently depicted as an apple. ROMAN PUNSTERS.), and honestly a fruit-themed villain could be both subtle and really really dangerous, given that a lot of normally edible fruit contains toxic compounds, and enhancing them wouldn't take much. HERO TAKES BITE OF CYANIDE* APPLE, VICTORY IS THEIRS.

...Also I really want to see if someone could make dialogue filled with fruit puns without making it seem forced.

*Apple seeds contain cyanide. If your power is "******** with fruit attributes", it wouldn't take much to have it spread to the entire fruit.

Also cyanide does not taste/smell like sweet almonds and if I see that ever again I will rage. emotion_donotwant
I just got this mental image of the Fruit of the Loom apple laughing maniacally and the main character being all like "Can somebody please just kill this guy already?" lol I'll definitely consider it. :)  

DeadlyPumpkinBread

Arctic myth

Timid Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:25 am
VenusRain

That is epic in so many ways, I think my brain just exploded from the potential awesome.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:27 pm
So is it just DC comic heros? Cause then if you give me like....an hour or two (I'm a HUGE fan of Batman and DC comics) I can come up with about.....ten to 15 different characters and powers you could use.....  

RADiiO SiiLENCE

Desirable Prophet

DeadlyPumpkinBread

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:54 pm
One_Of_The_Sadly_Fallen
So is it just DC comic heros? Cause then if you give me like....an hour or two (I'm a HUGE fan of Batman and DC comics) I can come up with about.....ten to 15 different characters and powers you could use.....
Just DC Comics heroes...that I'm parodying? No, there's a few Marvel parodies in there too (and Captain Canada is just too good to NOT do, even if he's just a comic relief character, which he's not), but if you can write up a list of interesting superpowers to use, that would be great. 'Cause I already have a character with all of Superman's powers and after that it just gets redundant.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:06 pm
Pixelated Bloodbath
One_Of_The_Sadly_Fallen
Just DC Comics heroes...that I'm parodying? No, there's a few Marvel parodies in there too (and Captain Canada is just too good to NOT do, even if he's just a comic relief character, which he's not), but if you can write up a list of interesting superpowers to use, that would be great. 'Cause I already have a character with all of Superman's powers and after that it just gets redundant.

Ok will do, give me a day (cause it's pretty late, and I'm on my iPod) and I'll pm you all the hero names and powers I come up with k?  

RADiiO SiiLENCE

Desirable Prophet

DeadlyPumpkinBread

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:31 am
One_Of_The_Sadly_Fallen
Pixelated Bloodbath
One_Of_The_Sadly_Fallen

Ok will do, give me a day (cause it's pretty late, and I'm on my iPod) and I'll pm you all the hero names and powers I come up with k?
Thanks!  
Character Concepts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces