Epic Game Endings [Spoilers Ahoy and in White]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:32 am
I just finished Portal 2, and besides just loving almost everything about it, the ending just made me laugh and I was amazed at how it was handled. Just amazed. Valve can make truly epic games. I thought the first portal was very good and fun, albeit a lil' short, but they added challenge mode and whatnot and created an inside joke that became sooper famous as it was not half-baked. Anyway...

In white: Just the whole let me create a portal to the moon sequence was rike, HOLY SHAIZHTGTGA and then, GlaDOS claiming to have deleted Caroline and I thought I almost died again and then, and then the whole musical portion with them sirry turrets.. 8O And then being reunited with a long lost friend. My goodness. AROGMASOGMASDOFMASDFM I loved it.

Portal 2 Ending: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYps-kGPh78

Iono what else, take about other game endings, links to 'em, spoilers in white...

Yeah. Portal 2 is awesome. Now I just need to try the co-op section. <_< >_>  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:49 pm
I got portal 2 just a few days ago. The whole game blew me away, especially the end. I've just played single player as well though.

Another game that really surprised me was Alpha Protocol. I mean, a lot of people were quick to jump on hating it and saying it was broken, but there were a number of really good elements, and the last level or two blew me away with how awesome they were. Really made me want to replay it and make different choices to see if I could beat it under different circumstances.

A number of other games with great endings too, just gotta take the time to think about all of them.  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:02 pm
Hmmm... Yeah, I noticed you playing that one. I don't really know anything about it. After watching a youtube video and looking at meta: Also, it seems like the PC version is the best version. Go PC, bby. cool The decision making system seems pretty sweet, too. Even the non-favourable reviews mention it.

I'm still giving preference to Deus Ex in terms of wanting to purchase.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:28 pm
I don't blame you there. From what I hear Deus Ex is pretty awesome. I'm just surprised that AP went for as little as 2 bucks. All the negative reviews out there for it... I don't know, I didn't really notice those problems. I'm guessing they played the console versions, or they just played through like idiots. I experienced very few problems with playing through it to be honest.  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:45 pm
Some of the most common complaints were AI, keyboard controls, dated visuals, strange/odd animations, and stealth not being... stealthy enough, or something. But when a game grabs hold of you, you're too busy enjoying the game to stop and examine problems.

Example: Oblivion's combat was boring as a mother... but the world and quests and the world again keep me entertained and involved. Another one is Mirror's Edge. I fell in love with that game, too. The art style and sense of speed... orgasmic. Eventually I did move past those frustrating portions and completed it. I also just liked replaying that first level again and again. Hehehe.

And wow! Two dollars. D: That's an awesome deal.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:07 pm
That was the biggest thing about AP though. People complained that the stealth wasn't stealthy enough and the guards had no trouble seeing you and s**t. The thing is, these are supposed to be TRAINED guards that KNOW that someone could be coming. OF COURSE THEY'LL BE PAYING ATTENTION! That's like complaining that a sniper is too good at playing hide and seek. His job is noticing people. Keyboard controls weren't really bad, though I'll admit the animations did get odd at times, but that was generally in death because they had ragdoll elements. The AI wasn't really that bad either, but I played on the hard setting, rather than easy which I'm guessing a bunch of those people played on.

It's just like you said though, that game really got a hold of me, so instead of looking for bullshit reason to complain about it, I actually just played and enjoyed it.  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:31 pm
The first time I saw the end of Portal 2, my jaw just dropped. Then as the ending scene played, I burst into tears and cried all the way through the end song. When it was over, I just sat and couldn't stop crying for like...a full 20 minutes. I was so overwhelmed by the ending that I just couldn't stop crying.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:35 pm
You sound like a gamer that appreciates art. Ohohoho... Unless you were crying because you were overwhelmed by white goo. That stuff, I swear... That kind of idea is full of holes.  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces