Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Library
Magical Textbooks (Core) Section Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:07 pm
Magical Textbook Section
[Core Classes]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

━━━━━
This is the Magical Textbook Section. Here you will find books for your core classes at Hogwarts, along with all of your other magical needs. With renowned authors like Miranda Goshawk and Wilbert Slinkhard, you're sure to find those lofty reads you're looking for. Below is a list of the books in stock sorted by subject.
━━━━━

Charms

· Achievements in Charming ·
· Extreme Incantations by Violeta Stitch ·
· Quintessence: A Quest ·
· The Standard Book of Spells (Grade I - VII) by Miranda Goshawk ·

Defense Against the Dark Arts

· Basic Hexes for the Busy and Vexed ·
· A Compendium of Common Curses and Their Counter-Actions ·
· Confronting the Faceless ·
· Curses and Counter-Curses by Vindictus Viridian ·
· Dark Arts Defence: Basics for Beginners ·
· Defensive Magical Theory by Wilbert Slinkhard ·
· The Dark Arts Outsmarted ·
· The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble ·
· Jinxes for the Jinxed ·
· Practical Defensive Magic and Its Use Against the Dark Arts ·
· Self-Defensive Spellwork ·
· Updated Counter-Curse Handbook (Second Revised Edition) ·

Transfiguration

· A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch ·
· Guide to Advanced Transfiguration ·
· Intermediate Transfiguration ·
· Theories of Transubstantial Transfiguration ·

Potions

· Advanced Potion-Making by Libatius Borage ·
· Asiatic Anti-Venoms ·
· Magical Draughts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger ·
· Spell potions by Tim ·

Herbology

· Encyclopedia of Toadstools ·
· Flesh-Eating Trees of the World - Sixth years only ·
· Good Gardens Guide 1990 ·
· Goshawk's Guide to Herbology by Miranda Goshawk ·
· Ingredient Encyclopedia ·
· Magical Water Plants of the Highland Lochs by Hadrian Whittle ·
· Magical Water Plants of the Mediterranean ·
· One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore ·
· Wanderings of a Tree in the Alps ·

Books from Harry Potter Wiki

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:41 pm
Have you heard the news?
Bad things come in twos.
But I never knew
'Bout the little things.
Every single day
Things get in my way.
Someone has to pay
For the little things.

Uriel Adair Scott
- Muggleborn - Second Year - Hufflepuff -
[feeling: tired] [thinking: I feel like something's wrong...] [with: Jess] [at: Library]

Uriel felt off today. He didn't know what was wrong, but he had the nagging feeling that something was. He tried to shake off the persistent tiredness that had been plaguing him all day as he sat down at a table, pulling out his homework. He didn't feel that ill, after all, and he couldn't just procrastinate because he felt a little tired. He blinked and tried to focus on the words in his textbook, until the sounds of footfalls distracted him. The Hufflepuff looked up to see his younger sister skipping towards him. "Hello," he muttered.

It all comes down to you.

Let the headlines wait,
Armies hesitate.
I can deal with fate
But not the little things.
Armageddon may
Arrive any day.
I can't get away
From the little things.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:55 pm
Mama told me not to waste my life
She said spread your wings my little butterfly
Don't let what they say keep you up at night
And if they give you trouble
Then they can walk on by
My feet, feet can't touch the ground
And I can't hear a sound
But you just keep on running up your mouth yeah
Walk, walk on over there
'Cause I'm too fly to care, oh yeah

User Image
Jessamine Cathlin Walsh
~ Halfblood Hufflepuff ~ First Year ~ Twin ~
{feeling: concerned} {thinking: what's wrong with him?} {with: Uriel} {at: Library}

"Uriel!" Jess fairly sang in greeting, hopping up to sit on the table, her short legs dangling over the edge. "I feel like you've been avoiding me or something, big brother," she sighed dramatically, a teasing ring to her voice. "Why? You are breaking my heart. We're housemates! Even more family than we already were! We gotta stick together, bro." She wiped at an imaginary tear, before finally getting to what she really wanted: help. "You're smart, right? I need help with my homework, you would not believe how long of an essay that stupid geezer wants us to write, and you obviously have more experience essay writing, so-" The brunette broke off her chatter to stare at her brother. "Are you alright? You're looking kind of peakish, Uri." She scooted towards him and put her hand on his forehead, checking for a temperature. He shifted away, mumbling a much less snappish than usual protest. Jess frowned. "Seriously, what's wrong?"

It doesn't matter if I fall from the sky.

Your words don't mean a thing
I'm not listening
Keep talking, all I know is
Mama told me not to waste my life,
She said spread your wings my little butterfly
Don't let what they say keep you up at night
And they can't detain you
'Cause wings are made to fly
And we don't let nobody bring us down
No matter what you say – it won't hurt me

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:05 pm
Have you heard the news?
Bad things come in twos.
But I never knew
'Bout the little things.
Every single day
Things get in my way.
Someone has to pay
For the little things.

Uriel Adair Scott
- Muggleborn - Second Year - Hufflepuff -
[feeling: tired] [thinking: I feel like something's wrong...] [with: Jess] [at: Library]

Uriel closed his eyes for a moment, trying to make the dizzy feeling go away. His ears were ringing and he could barely make out what his sister was saying. His eyes flickered open, and he looked at Jess, trying to fight off the overwhelming wave of exhaustion he was suddenly feeling. "I'm.... just... tired," he whispered. Then his eyes closed and he slumped forward, head hitting against the wood of the table with a dull thud. His quill dropped from limp fingers to the floor, and Jessamine Walsh screamed bloody murder.

It all comes down to you.

Let the headlines wait,
Armies hesitate.
I can deal with fate
But not the little things.
Armageddon may
Arrive any day.
I can't get away
From the little things.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:34 pm
I don't like WALKING around this OLD and EMPTY HOUSE
So HOLD my HAND, I'll WALK with you, my DEAR
The stairs CREAK as I SLEEP, it's KEEPING me AWAKE
It's the HOUSE telling you to CLOSE your EYES
There's an OLD VOICE in my HEAD that's HOLDING me BACK
Well TELL her that I MISS our LITTLE TALKS
SOON it will be OVER and BURIED with our PAST
We used to PLAY OUTSIDE when we were YOUNG and full of LIFE and full of LOVE

User Image
~Madam Germaine Umber~
~Former Hufflepuff~
company- jessamine and uriel
location- library
reading- the picture of dorian gray
wearing- sunshine

Libraries are generally quiet places, so the sound of a scream not only made Sir Fluffytail's not very ironically fluffy tail stand on end, but it made Germaine Umber jump so badly she dropped the stack of books she'd been shelving. Sincerely hoping that nothing was seriously wrong, and at the same time that it wasn't just some students fooling around, she hurriedly picked up the books and placed them on the table before rushing to the sound of the scream, her cat right on her heels. She rounded the corner to find quite the scene before her.

A young blonde boy was slumped over a table, and a brown haired girl was huddled over him, trying to desperately shake him awake. "Uriel!" she cried out. "Uriel, this isn't funny, wake up! Please, Uriel!"

Her cries dissolved into choking sobs as Germaine ran over. "What's happened to him?" she asked, trying to keep her tone even and measured, while gently pushing the girl to the side so she could feel his wrist for a pulse. Thankfully, there was a steady one. He almost looked like he was sleeping....

"I don't know!" the girl wailed. "He said he was tired and just slumped over. It's like he's sleeping! But he won't wake up!" She wiped at her eyes behind her glasses, sniffling.

Germaine felt chills go down her spine. It sounded like he had the same affliction a few students and Professor Powell had contracted. A deep sleep they could not be brought out of. She held her tongue, not wanting to upset the girl more. "Alright. Let's get him to the infirmary. What's his full name, and what's yours?"

"Uriel Scott," the girl sobbed. "And I'm his sister, Jess Walsh."

Without LIBRARIANS, what do we HAVE? No PAST and no FUTURE.

You're GONE AWAY
I WATCHED you DISAPPEAR
ALL that's LEFT is the GHOST of YOU
Now we're TORN APART
There's NOTHING we can DO
Just LET me GO we'll MEET again SOON
Now WAIT for ME, please HANG AROUND
I'll SEE you when I FALL ASLEEP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:54 pm
User ImageUser Image
Sixth YearPrefectCaptainWerewolfChaserGryffindor
Ⓡⓔⓜⓨ walked into the library, then to the textbooks section. She grabbed her own copy of Advanced Potion-Making by Libatius Borage, and flipped to one of the pages. She stared at the potion called Felix Felicis, then glanced at her notebook. She tapped her pen against the table, then began to write the instructions in her tiny script. She had a few ideas as to what to do with the potion, but none of them would really follow very many rules. It wasn't like she was gong to cheat on anything! Just... maybe... make people think she was...

UT
f
HARACTER

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Xistund

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:00 pm
User Image
User Image

FifteenWerewolfRavenclawChaserPrefect

Rufus walked into the library grabbing several books on several different topic's till his arms where full of them. He then got a clear table and placed five of them on the table opened up on a page and started to read one page turn it then move on to the next book doing the same till he read a page of each of them and started on the next page. He was aware of Remy but was still unsure how she felt about him. She did hug him during the game last they met... No now's not the time for that.

{OoC:}

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:35 pm
User ImageUser Image
Ⓡⓔⓜⓨ glanced over and saw Rufus. Her eyes widened, pulse quickening. The teen stood, leaving her book and all her papers strewn about, then walked to his table. "R-Rufus? C-can I talk to you? Erm... about our conversation in the garden?" She had a blush as she sat across from him, looking nervous. "I-I'm just gonna say this... okay? I-I like you. I... I really like you. Erm... so... ah... yep."

UT
f
HARACTER

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Xistund

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:40 pm
User Image
User Image

Rufus looked up, did Remy say what he thought she said "Rem... I." What should he do. He had never had a girl he liked who liked him back. "So what happens now?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:43 pm
User ImageUser Image
Ⓡⓔⓜⓨ shrugged when Rufus asked her what to do. "I-I dunno... Maybe... maybe dinner in Hogsmeade? Um... Something like that... I think..." At this point, the girl's cheeks were roughly the color of her Prefect's pin, the deep red illuminating her eyes. Why was she so nervous? She hadn't acted this way with either Sam nor Cersei... but Rufus was different.... somehow.

UT
f
HARACTER

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Xistund

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:54 pm
User Image
User Image

Rufus nodded and with a smile he said "Alright then how about The Three Broomsticks. When are you free?" He asked now exited this would be his first date. What should he wear how formal would he have to be. Maybe there was a book somewhere on what to do on a date.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:01 am
User ImageUser Image
Ⓡⓔⓜⓨ grinned at Rufus' suggestion of dinner at the Three Broomsticks. She couldn't say she'd ever been on a real date before, so this was exciting. "Maybe Saturday? I have a game against Slytherin that we'll probably lose. After that, I can go and take a bath, get dressed and do my hair, then we can go out?" She grinned, a hopeful sort of expression, excitement making her heart quicken. This was so exciting!

UT
f
HARACTER

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Xistund

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:11 am
User Image
User Image

"Alright its a date." He got up and moved around the table cleaning up his books happily. "Oh but one more thing." He moved and wrapped his arms around her in a protective hug from behind. "Don't let the games get to you. You are not held accountable for half your team getting affected by whatever is going on this year." He said drawing a breath taking in her scent before letting go.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:18 am
User ImageUser Image
Ⓡⓔⓜⓨ smiled brightly when Rufus said they had a date. It was so... exhilarating! When he enveloped her in a hug, the girl squeaked, but held onto his arms, cuddling into his embrace. He said the games weren't her fault, that she was not to be held accountable. "Thanks Rufus. That really means a lot. Will you be in the stands to watch?" She carefully stood, then turned and hugged him tight, head resting on his collarbones. He was so warm and snuggly. Not to mention he smelled good....

UT
f
HARACTER

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Xistund

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:29 am
User Image
User Image

"I'll be careering the loudest, Heck I'll dye my hair red if you want." He said with a smile as she hugged him he returned it. She was so brave and caring. He wished he could hold her like this forever.

The Library

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces