Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Library
Magical Textbooks (Core) Section Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:03 am
User Image
User Image

Ƒιƒтн ƳєαяƓяуƒƒιη∂σяƇнαѕєя
ƤяєƒєcтƲιcє Ƈαρтαιη

Gideon watched Rhys sign, assuming he wanted the Gryffindor to sign as well. Rhys would probably be heartbroken if he got banned from the library... and of course, Gid would be throttled..... With as much skill as possible while also trying to balance against the table, the brunet signed back. "About Jazzy, I was kidding. She probably doesn't like playing in-between, but yes, she would do it if I needed it. Also, she has been helping me study, she just has a different method I don't understand. And yes, I am just copying them, because then I'll have a copy to study. I wanted to get them back to you as fast as possible." At Rhys' saying he hadn't disappeared in two years, Gid stopped, pressing his hands back into the tabletop. He was right, and that meant that Gid needed to reevaluate his stance on things. Rhys mentioned his social anxiety, then that he's been working to overcome. Which was good, but it made Gid quite well aware of Rhys' absence in his life.

Gid watched as Rhys flipped moods, his teeth gnashing and a look of anger in his eyes. When the normally-quiet teen spoke up, the other teen cowered a bit, trying to figure out what to do to this response. He questioned when he'd been in a mood recently, and added that he probably had reasons for all of it. Of course he had reasons to be upset! When the bombshell dropped, that being that Rhys did indeed have a crush on Gid, the Gryffindor looked shocked. Unfortunately, his response was nothing in comparison to Rhys. As Rhys was falling into the bookshelf, Gid grabbed his crutches and started walking over to the white haired boy. When he got close enough, the Gryffindor paused, reaching out to take Rhys' hands. "Hey, heeeey Rhys. Hey, it's okay. I'm right here. I'm not gonna leave."

At his own words, Gid realized why this year had been hard. It wasn't because Rhys stopped talking to him... it's because he wasn't having all his needs met. Jazzy was wonderful and all, but as he tried to soothe his friend, he realized he needed Rhys in his life. Maybe, at least subconsciously, that's why he'd taken the notes. It was a surefire way to get them to talk... but another of Rhys' points rang true. Even now, he had brought Rhys to him, rather than searching him out. He shared all his classes with the Ravenclaw, for crying out loud! He had every damn chance to ask Rhys to talk, but still he'd figured out a way to bring him out. Damn him! Damn his own idiocy. Gid looked back at the other teen, still trying to hold his hands to prevent crazy sign-flailing. "Rhys, I've been a bad friend, I know, but let me.... let me make it up to you, okay? Because I can't lose you. I need you, Rhys. And I-" He paused, breath hitching as tears fell down his cheeks. "I love you, Rhys Blake. And I always will." He bit his lip, damning himself for probably overwhelming the Ravenclaw further. When would he get anything right?!

Diamond Wales

Tʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇs ɪɴ ʟɪғᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ᴄʀᴀᴡʟ
Lᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɢʀɪᴘ, ᴛʀɪᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ғᴀʟʟ
Wʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴀɴ ᴏɴ ɴᴏ-ᴏɴᴇ ᴇʟsᴇ
Tʜᴀᴛ's ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ғɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ
I'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴀɴᴅ I'ᴠᴇ ɴᴏᴛɪᴄᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ
Wᴀʟᴋɪɴɢ's ᴇᴀsʏ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴀᴅ ɪs ғʟᴀᴛ
Tʜᴇᴍ ᴅᴀɴɢᴇᴅ ᴏʟᴇ ʜɪɪʟs'ʟʟ ɢᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ
Yᴇᴀʜ, ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ Lᴏʀᴅ ɢᴀᴠᴇ ᴜs ᴍᴏᴜɴᴛᴀɪɴs

Sσ ωє cσυƖɗ Ɩєαяη нσω тσ cƖιмв

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:23 am
It's not simple to say
Most days I don't recognize me
It's not easy to know
I'm not anything like I used to be
Although it's true
I was never attention's sweet center
I still remember that girl

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
𝚕𝚢𝚍𝚒𝚊
𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚎
𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚛

muggleborn │ fourth year │ hufflepuff

That would teach her to eat while she was flipping through her Charms textbook. Liddie had inadvertently ruined a page, which meant her new goal had become finding a copy of said textbook in the library and taking notes on the page she'd gotten pumpkin juice all over. She normally wasn't much of a library person; the sheer silence was a bit intimidating; but there was a nice old cat at the desk who let her give them a scratch behind the ears, and since it was the very beginning of the year and the homework onslaught had not yet begun, the library was fairly empty.

Liddie wound her way among the shelves into the textbook section, taking note of a boy standing on his tip-toes (although he was already very tall) to get at a book from a shelf. She muttered an 'excuse me' as she scooted by him, and hopped up on of the step stools to grab at the textbook she needed. "Watch it," said the boy, and the Hufflepuff frowned without looking at him, because she'd barely brushed by him, and he was just being touchy for no reason, and pulled out the book from the shelf. "WATCH it," the boy snapped a second time, and then added, "The stool!"

She glanced down, realized the stool was wobbling precariously, one leg cracked, about to tip over, and hurriedly scrambled down, face red. "You could have said," Liddie said defensively. "I thought you were- I didn't realize." He was looking at her like she might be an idiot. She realized belatedly that he was at least a year or two her senior, and a Gryffindor, judging by his uniform, and that the look of exasperation was sliding into something worse- an 'oh, she's just a silly fourth year Puff, it figures'. "Thank you," she said quickly, "For letting me know."

He cocked an eye brow and said 'right' under his breath, like he was skeptical of the genuineness of this thanks, which he was probably right to be, and then said, a bit louder, and more politely, "You lose a textbook, then?", nodding at the one she was clutching to her chest.

"No," Liddie said primly, and a bit awkwardly, "I- I just have to copy down a page from here."

"Oh," he said, sounding just as awkward. "Helping someone cheat, then?"

"No," she snapped. "I- I would never!" She might, if they were nice.

"...S'joke," he muttered, going a bit red himself.

Now she felt badly. She really was overreacting a bit- he had just been trying to be helpful, and he looked a bit embarrassed about the whole thing now, just like her. "Sorry," she said. "Um- I'm Liddie." She carefully offered her hand. He stared for a moment, then shook it. His hand was much bigger than hers, and somewhat worn down. It was slightly terrifying, in a good way. She felt like a daring princess exchanging a tentative smile with a dragon. "Well, Lydia. Lydia Spencer."

"Mark," he said. "Mark Bloxham. You're a bit younger, then? I'd recognize you from my year. Fifth?"

"You're sixth?" she blurted out in surprise, biting the inside of her cheek. Great, she'd made a fool of herself in front of a sixth year. Sixth! That meant he was sixteen, which was nearly a grown man, not some stupid little boy. "I'm fourth," she said somewhat resentfully, wrinkling her nose. "I- I look a bit older, though?" It was slightly hopeful. At least her growth spurt had some positives.

"Fourth?" he repeated, sounding just as surprised as she had. "I thought you were older, yeah. You're tall, for a little fourth year." Now a slight, genuine smile. He had nice teeth, she noted, and pale gums. Her mother had always said good teeth were a good sign.

When Mark smiled he squinted slightly behind his glasses. Overall he was rather unassuming looking- tall and wiry but not so big that it was intimidating, with a long, almost slender neck and ears that stuck out just enough to be charming, rather than ridiculous. His eyes were a warm shade of brown. His hair looked like it was growing back with a vengeance from a buzz cut. She wondered how he'd look with it longer. Probably nice.

"Well," she said fiercely, "You're... you spend a lot of time in the library, for a Gryffindor." Ugh, what an awful comeback. Essie or Chrys would have been much wittier.

He snorted. "How would you know? You've never seen me in here before."

"Then what are you doing in here?" she demanded.

"Me? I'm helping my mate cheat for a test," he tapped a long finger on the book he'd plucked down from the shelf, and gave that same, squinty-eyed, disarming grin, "By copying down this page."

Liddie was aghast. "You're not!"

He nodded in mock horror with her. "Yeah. And of my own good will, too. I like him too much to charge him. Poor thing's banned from the library for this year. Nasty thing last year with some dung bombs... Madam Umber was not pleased."

"Gryffindors would not be cheating!" she accused.

"Well, he's a Slytherin, so he hasn't got the same moral qualms as me. And I feel a bit obligated and all, he helped me out this summer."

Liddie pursed her lips. "You're...," she huffed. "Whatever, it's none of my business. Do what you like."

"I have been," he said cheekily. "Talking to you."

This conversation had gone so far off from what Liddie would have considered The Safe Zone that she had no idea how to get back to civilization. Was he- no, he couldn't be. Boys didn't talk to her like that. They didn't even jokingly flirt with her, never mind actually do so. She was too prudish, too gawky- He frowned when she said nothing but stared at him as if he'd gone mad. "I mean- sorry- I didn't mean-,"

"It's alright," she said hastily, looking up at him quickly before staring at her shoes in mortification. "I'll just- I should go, I've got class soon-,"

"Hey," he said swiftly, as she attempted to scoot past him once again. "Look- I'm going into Hogsmeade this weekend by myself, if you wanna meet or something, by the gates. Couldn't get any friends to go with me- they've all got girlfriends now." He looked vaguely hopeful.

Liddie gaped, flushed pink, and then nodded. "Um- okay, Saturday, then?" She felt so much older now. Coordinating an almost-date. And she hadn't even had to flirt on purpose! He'd started it first! He gave a thumbs up, almost fumbling his textbook in the process- his cheating textbook!- and Liddie hurried off, both horrified and delighted with herself. She'd agreed to a date with a confessed cheat-assistee! But he would be almost handsome, when his hair grew out.

OOC:
Username

She's imperfect, but she tries
She is good, but she lies
She is hard on herself
She is broken and won't ask for help
She is messy, but she's kind
She is lonely most of the time
She is gone, but she used to be mine

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:16 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx➺ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Library - Textbooks & Cores Section
xxx➺ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Books and Bad Vibes
xxxx➺ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Studying
xxxxx➺ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I hate Transfiguration

Jess was sitting in the library and working on Transfiguration homework. Admittedly, she wasn't sure how well she was doing, given that she really didn't understand the class. In fact, her frustration was rising to the point where she was about to give up and ask her brothers for help. They were both well past first year, so they likely knew how to help with her homework. She didn't want to, however, so instead she was trying to figure it out with her notes, textbook, and a reference guide she'd found in the library. Too bad it still made no sense at all!

Summer II

Lɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴍɪss, ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙᴇsᴛ. Lɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴍɪss, ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʀᴇsᴛ
Lɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴍɪss, ʙᴇ ᴍʏ ɢᴜᴇsᴛ, I'ʟʟ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴀɴʏᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ ʀᴜɴs ᴏᴜᴛ
Lɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴍɪss, ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ɢᴏ ꜰᴀʀ. Lɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴍɪss, ʜɪᴅᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴄᴀʀs
Lɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴍɪss, ᴡʜᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ɪs sᴏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ʏᴏᴜ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛᴀʟᴋ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ
Iᴛ's ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ, ɪᴛ's ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ, ɪᴛ's ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ, sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ʟᴏsᴇ 'ᴛɪʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪɴ
Iᴛ's ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ, ɪᴛ's ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ, ɪᴛ's ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ, ɪᴛ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
Hᴏʟᴅ ᴏɴ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ
Lɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴍɪss, ʙʀᴀɴᴅ ɴᴇᴡ sᴛᴀʀᴛ. Lɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴍɪss, ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴘᴀʀᴛ
Lɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴍɪss, ʙɪɢ ᴏʟᴅ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ʙᴇᴀᴛs ᴡɪᴅᴇ ᴏᴘᴇɴ ᴀɴᴅ sʜᴇ's ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ ɴᴏᴡ ꜰᴏʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ
Iᴛ's ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ, ɪᴛ's ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ, ɪᴛ's ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ. Iᴛ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:59 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
αυgυѕтιи ∂υffу
☆fιяѕт уєαя ѕтυ∂єит☆
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

xFeeling: Studious
xLocation: Library (Core Section)
xWith: Jessalyn
xStatus: Single

Augustin liked the library because there were more books than the eye could see, but he also hated the library because it was where his sister always seemed to be. In fact, he saw her the minute he walked into the library. However, she didn't see him, or she did and completely ignored him, which was nothing new for him. As he wandered through the library, taking in all the stacks had to offer. He also happened to look on some of the things that the others in the library were reading or working on. So, when he saw a Transfiguration textbook, notes and a reference book on the table in front of a girl he recognized from class, Augustin stopped. He tried to remember her name and he was pretty sure he remembered it, but rather than embarrass himself, he merely figured he'd introduce him. "Pardon my intrusion, my name is Augustin Duffy and we're in the same year. I see you're working on Transfiguration. Are you struggling with the class? I myself am quite proficient at the class and could offer my assistance." He smiled politely waiting for her to respond. But she didn't seem to notice him, so either she was really into the work, or just not listening. He stepped forward and tapped her on the shoulder. "Hey, did you hear me?" he asked, wondering if she was paying attention.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Out Of Character:
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Miss GryffindorK

Summer II

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:18 pm
User ImageUser Image

Jess didn't see someone else join her, as she was too busy working on trying to figure out what all the spells did. It wasn't until someone tapped her on the shoulder that she jumped a bit, turning her gaze to see.... one of her classmates? Watching his lips, she pieced together that he was asking if she heard him. Of course. She shook her head and gently tapped her ear, trying to convey her typical message of deafness. She sighed and dug through her bag to pull out a small whiteboard and a few dry-erase markers. She wrote a message of "Sorry I didn't notice you there. I couldn't hear you coming haha" She handed over the board and a blue marker toward the kid, jotting down the rest of her sentence on her notes before she forgot it.

Summer II

Hᴏʟᴅ ᴏɴ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:00 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
αυgυѕтιи ∂υffу
☆fιяѕт уєαя ѕтυ∂єит☆
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

It took Augustin only a couple moments to figure out what she meant when she tapped her ear, then started writing. "Oh, you're the deaf girl. Wow, that's wildly rude of me. I apologize. Oh, right, you can't hear me." He blushed a little when he realized he was talking to her and she couldn't hear him. She handed him a board with a strange quill and he wrote a message on it. My name is Augustin Duffy. Are you struggling with Transfiguration? he wrote before handing it back to her. Taking a seat beside her, he watched her for a minute before his curiosity began to overtake him. There had to be a better way of communication, rather than just writing. And he was sure that something existed. He'd have to ask her after she wrote back about the lesson.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Out Of Character:
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Miss GryffindorK

Summer II

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:37 pm
User ImageUser Image

As she'd finished writing, Jess looked up to see the boy talking. Oh crap, what had he said? She handed over the board and waited awkwardly, watching as he wrote. Once the board was back in her hands, she read his note, sighing about his comment on her struggling. Apparently it was really obvious, then? She wiped away the message, then replied. "Hi Augustin, I'm Jessalyn! Yes, I'm struggling on this homework. Transfiguration has me confused again." She handed it back over, tying her messy hair in a braid as she awaited reply.

Summer II

Hᴏʟᴅ ᴏɴ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:08 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
αυgυѕтιи ∂υffу
☆fιяѕт уєαя ѕтυ∂єит☆
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

He read her message, then glanced at the notes she was studying and understood the problem. Taking the board, he wrote, I see the problem. You're approaching this magically and not mathematically. He took her notebook and wrote out a math equation for her, then wrote out the explanation for each part. After he finished he passed it to her and wrote Does this make more sense? He tipped his head and looked over at her, hoping that his explanation of each part of the equation might make understanding the subject a little easier. Math always seemed to flow easily off the page and into his mind, but he knew that others struggled with it. His mother had told him explanations needed to be easy, even if the topic was complex. It was difficult to make something tough easy, but he would do his best.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Out Of Character:
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Miss GryffindorK

Summer II

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:46 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx➺ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Augustin
xxxxx➺ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? That makes more sense

Jess looked over at Augustin, who was reading over her Transfiguration notes. He wrote a message on the board to say she was approaching the magic class magically. Cool. That meant she had to try math. Hadn't she left that behind in primaries?! The boy started writing notes in her notebook, then turned it back toward her. She used her fingertip to follow along as she read, nodding as she did so. That way made a lot more sense! He wrote on the whiteboard a selfsame question, to which she nodded and grinned brightly. "It really does! Thanks for the help! Now I won't have to go beg my brothers for help." She grinned at that one, handing the board back toward the boy.

Summer II

Hᴏʟᴅ ᴏɴ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:25 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
αυgυѕтιи ∂υffу
☆fιяѕт уєαя ѕтυ∂єит☆
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

When she passed the board back to him and said she understood it a lot better, he smiled and nodded. Then he wrote My mother taught me that complex problems can be broken down into simpler explanations. Once she had read that, he wiped it away and wrote another thing on the board. There has to be a better way to communicate than writing on this board. Honestly, it wasn't efficient and there had to be some other way of communicating between the deaf. He hoped that she would teach him whatever way she communicated, that way it would be easier to talk to his new friend.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Out Of Character:
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Miss GryffindorK

Summer II

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:05 am
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx➺ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Does he want to learn BSL?

Jess was delighted that Augustin had come along with his easier to follow Transfiguration techniques. How had he known she was struggling? Or, more likely, he just walked by and saw her distress. She looked at his message, that his mother taught him to break things down into easy solutions. Smart woman. She was about to reply, but Augustin erased the board and handed it back over. She grinned as she read the second note, this one saying writing was a terrible communication method. She agreed, but until more people knew how to sign, writing it was. "Well, normally I'd sign, but not enough people know BSL. It's not too hard to learn though, if you want me to teach you?" She handed over the board, then rooted in her bag for the book she'd been about to loan to Annie. She set the "Introductory Guide to British Sign Language" book on the table and pushed it over toward Augustin. Maybe someone else would want to learn so she could stop writing everything down all the time.

Summer II

Hᴏʟᴅ ᴏɴ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:25 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
αυgυѕтιи ∂υffу
☆fιяѕт уєαя ѕтυ∂єит☆
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

She said they would sign but that people didn't know BSL. What the heck is BSL? She passed a book across the table to him and he picked it up, reading over the title. British Sign Language, that made sense. He opened the book and flipped through the pages for a couple moments. This was basically like learning a new language. If he put himself to it for a month or two, he figured he could probably teach himself the basics of the language. Practice makes perfect, so he could learn the majority of it, then practice with Jessalyn. If I could borrow this, I could definitely learn it. I would very much like to learn it, he wrote on the board and passed it back to her. He leafed through the book a couple more pages, looking at the different movements. The grammar was the same as regular English so learning it shouldn't be too hard. It was just remembering the movements.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Out Of Character:
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Miss GryffindorK

Summer II

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:29 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx➺ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Does he want to learn BSL?

Jess grinned over at Augustin as he read her note, then examined the book. Had she already gotten another person to want to learn her language? Annie was working on it already, and now... Now she'd have two people and less need to carry around her whiteboard everywhere. She looked up when he handed the board over again, this time requesting to borrow the book for a while. He indeed would like to learn sign language! Awesome! She took back the board, then wrote a hasty note. "You sure can borrow it. I'm teaching someone else how to sign, so I'd absolutely love to help you learn too. It's super easy, since all the words already exist in English, it's just putting movement to the words and phrases." After handing it over, the redhead grinned, excited to get to make friends she could talk to more in depth. Annie already seemed like a sister to her, but Augustin didn't really know anything about her and he was still willing to learn. Maybe he just thought it was neat, though...

Summer II

Hᴏʟᴅ ᴏɴ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:23 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
αυgυѕтιи ∂υffу
☆fιяѕт уєαя ѕтυ∂єит☆
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Augustin was still leafing through the book, mimicking some of the movements for the words he saw in the book. He looked away momentarily to read what Jessalyn wrote to him. Then he nodded and gave her a small smile. He wrote It's mostly memorization and that's my forte. He smiled again and resumed leafing through the book. Pausing for a moment, he focused on a page, then closed the book. Turning to her, he signed Hello, it is nice to meet you. There were lots of uses for sign language, Augustin thought. Not only could he discuss things about his sister with her around without her knowledge, but he could also complain about his father without the elder Duffy's knowledge. And he could communicate easier with his new friend.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Out Of Character:
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Miss GryffindorK

Summer II

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:07 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Library - Textbooks Section
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Homework and Books, probably a ghost or two
xxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Homework and Studying
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I wish I wasn't so dumb...

Eion was sitting at one of the tables in the library, books spread messily over the table top. Interspersed amongst the textbooks were his sloppily written notes, each a desperate attempt at retaining knowledge. Eion had never been good at schoolwork, but trying to juggle so many classes at once was becoming a struggle. He'd made it half a year, surely Eme would understand that school just wasn't working out and let him stay home now. He sighed, rubbing his temples as he tried to figure out just how he was supposed to write an essay in Defense. He hated essays normally, but he was so far behind in his homework that it made it practically torture to even try. With a heavy sigh, the boy turned the page, biting on the end of his pen while he tried to figure out what needed to be written.

Addaellis

Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ ᴀᴍᴀᴢɪɴɢ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴛᴜʀɴ ᴀ ᴘʜʀᴀsᴇ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴀ ᴡᴇᴀᴘᴏɴ ᴏʀ ᴀ ᴅʀᴜɢ
          Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴜᴛᴄᴀsᴛ ᴏʀ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀᴄᴋʟᴀsʜ ᴏꜰ sᴏᴍᴇʙᴏᴅʏ's ʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴏꜰ ʟᴏᴠᴇ
          Oʀ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ sᴛᴀʀᴛ sᴘᴇᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴜᴘ!
          Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ's ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʜᴜʀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴏʀᴅs ᴅᴏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇʏ sᴇᴛᴛʟᴇ 'ɴᴇᴀᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴋɪɴ
          Kᴇᴘᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏ sᴜɴʟɪɢʜᴛ, sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs ᴀ sʜᴀᴅᴏᴡ ᴡɪɴs
          Bᴜᴛ I ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ sᴀʏ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ sᴀʏ
          Aɴᴅ ʟᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴅs ꜰᴀʟʟ ᴏᴜᴛ, ʜᴏɴᴇsᴛʟʏ I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴇ ʙʀᴀᴠᴇ!

The Library

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff