Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Library
Magical Textbooks (Core) Section Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:30 am
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI
fourth year || Slytherin || muggleborn
Daily Dragon writer || Language club || Quidditch Announcer

Saturday morning, August headed off to the Library as usual, his bag laden with books and study materials. Homework and reading notes for the next week had, of course, been finished last night. But he had quite a few things to add to his OWLs study guide, and he really wanted to get back to his “light” reading, a small, plain looking book currently in hand. En route to his usual table in the Study Area though, August noticed a familiar Ravenclaw sighing in frustration.

”Good morning, Eion,” he greeted the young Ravenclaw, doing his best not to startle the boy by approaching from across the desk. He had an inkling that Eion wasn’t having fun in classes by their weekly check-ins at the Daily Dragon, but he also noticed that Eion didn’t seem to be fond of the usual study group.

August glanced at the notes dotting the textbooks and then at the paper before the boy. ”DADA? Have you guys gotten to ghosts?” he mentioned, immediately remembering his favorite lesson that year. It also reminded him that he needed to ask Professor Eckstein about the bit about catching ghouls in his Ghouls and Ghosts prereading that hadn’t quite made sense.

He finally acknowledged the frustrated sigh that had caught his attention: ”You want any help?”

setting Textbooks section, Saturday morning in late winter/ early Spring. || with Eion
wearing Sweater + shirt outfit+glasses || status Studying + Tutoring Eion

User Image User ImageUser Image

As a child you would wait
And watch from far away
But you always knew that you'd
be the one to work while they all play.
In youth, you'd lay
Awake at night and scheme
Of all the things you would change
But it was just a dream

"Warriors" by Imagine Dragons, from League of Legends, cover by Caleb Hyles.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:27 am
User ImageUser Image
xx✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Library - Textbooks Section
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Augs, probably a ghost or two
xxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Homework and Studying
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I wish I wasn't so dumb...

Eion looked up in surprise when he heard a voice speak his name. He sighed softly when he saw it was only August, then he frowned as he noticed the older boy looking over his notes. "Oh, hi Augs. How're you?" He ran a hand through his messy hair, frowning a bit. His glasses fell down his nose a bit, his teal and brown striped eye showing behind the lens. It was one of his newer eyes, but he liked that it had little gold flakes in the iris to add a pop of color. Plus, it just looked cool.

The boy bit his lip when he was asked about where they'd gotten to in Defense, and Eion squirmed a bit. "Um... well... maybe? I-I'm a little behind in my work. But... um... don't worry, I'll figure it out, b'fore class... prob'ly." He huffed a bit, lifting a set of notes and moving them before grabbing the correct notebook for the class. What were they studying? "I... I think we're on the light-up spell? Ah, what'sitcalled..." He blushed, looking up at August. He'd probably tell Ferdie, who would tell Eme and Sena... then they'd send a letter telling him to try harder or whatever... After a second, August asked if he needed a bit of help, and Eion nodded, looking a little sad about it.

Addaellis

Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ ᴀᴍᴀᴢɪɴɢ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴛᴜʀɴ ᴀ ᴘʜʀᴀsᴇ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴀ ᴡᴇᴀᴘᴏɴ ᴏʀ ᴀ ᴅʀᴜɢ
          Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴜᴛᴄᴀsᴛ ᴏʀ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀᴄᴋʟᴀsʜ ᴏꜰ sᴏᴍᴇʙᴏᴅʏ's ʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴏꜰ ʟᴏᴠᴇ
          Oʀ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ sᴛᴀʀᴛ sᴘᴇᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴜᴘ!
          Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ's ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʜᴜʀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴏʀᴅs ᴅᴏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇʏ sᴇᴛᴛʟᴇ 'ɴᴇᴀᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴋɪɴ
          Kᴇᴘᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏ sᴜɴʟɪɢʜᴛ, sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs ᴀ sʜᴀᴅᴏᴡ ᴡɪɴs
          Bᴜᴛ I ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ sᴀʏ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ sᴀʏ
          Aɴᴅ ʟᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴅs ꜰᴀʟʟ ᴏᴜᴛ, ʜᴏɴᴇsᴛʟʏ I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴇ ʙʀᴀᴠᴇ!

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:34 pm
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI

"Very well, thank you," August replied automatically. "Lumos and Nox. I know a few good books if you're interested in the theory," he remarked, glancing down the shelf to where he was sure Lumos and Spell Theory were. Granted, maybe the whole Lizzie-jump-over-the-table-and-scare-the-Lumos-out would be more efficient, but it was also highly improper, and Eion didn't seem to appreciate jump-scares anyways.

August settled into the chair across from Eion at his nod for help. "Absolutely. May I read what you have?" Permission granted, he focused on the scrawl in front of him. He scanned the lines, then reread them more slowly, setting the page down to wipe his glasses with a handkerchief. After restoring them, he glanced at the notes more carefully before looked up casually. "Eion, can you read your own notes?"

He considered the essay in front of him. From what writing he could parse, it was a good start, but it was clear from the bite marks on the end of the pen that Eion was having trouble continuing. "Let's start with finishing this paper then. What's the assignment prompt?"

He continued asking questions, pausing between each question to give the younger boy plenty of time to think through and answer: "And how do you want to respond to this prompt? What details do you have to support that? Good, now specifics: Just like getting a quote from an informant, give your reader a quote or number to hang this argument on." If Eion seemed to be struggling to come up with an answer to any of these questions, he had a few gentle guiding directions as well: "What does the spell do?", "Where might you go to find out more about this pair of spells?", "Do you have any other questions about it? Anything goes, different colored lights, controlling brightness of the light?"

setting Textbooks section, Saturday morning in late winter/ early Spring. || with Eion

//OOC: Gryffie, I figured we'd bundle the bits instead of doing a bunch of small posts on them? I left the prompt and answers up to you of course, and feel free to use as much or little of that last section as you'd like.
Also I'm not sure I got the journalism terminology right but have to run, so let me know if I mussed it XD

Miss GryffindorK

And watch from far away
In youth, you'd lay
But it was just a dream

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:35 am
User ImageUser Image

Eion nodded along as August quickly recalled the name of the spells. "Yea, them guys. But... I probably don't want the books. I'm not a fast reader." He blushed, thinking that was the easiest route to say he was slow, when in fact, he could only barely read. It had been a point of contention between himself and every teacher he'd ever had... ever. Even Eme and Sena had been growing frustrated over it. They said they weren't, but he could see that they were upset over it. He was pretty sure he'd overheard them asking if they were good enough to help. He sighed softly, carefully blinking his missing eye to try and readjust the glass one.

Eion watched August sit down, then the older boy asked about reading what Eion had thus far. It wasn't much, but hopefully it could be added to. He handed it over, frowning slightly. "Yea, just kinda... see what else I need... um... and maybe help." He squirmed uncomfortably, as he usually did when someone was critiquing his writing. It was why he still hadn't turned in the one article he'd written for the paper. It was going to take a miracle in editing, he was sure, and it probably wasn't very good anyway. August asked if Eion could read his own notes, and the younger boy bit his lip. "Um.. Sometimes, sure. They're just... kinda cluttered a bit." Sure, cluttered was a word for it, but downright messy would be better.

His attention perked back up when August asked about the writing prompt, and Eion shuffled through his notes, squinting at the writing. "Um... I think it's... something about practice... no practical, maybe? Uses of the spells, Lumos and Nox. Yea, that sounds right." He nodded, looking over at the older boy.

As they went through their question and answer series, with August comparing the essay writing process to what they'd learned in newspaper club. Maybe that would make it easier? Then again, he never did any of the interviewing, given that he didn't like talking to people he didn't know. Luckily, Yukon was good at that stuff... and writing... and, well, all the stuff Eion wasn't. "Well... the spell makes your wand turn into a torch, y'know, and um to learn more... probably that book you were talkin' 'bout... And for questions... I dunno. We're studying somethin' else now, and I don't really remember that class. It was a while ago." He looked up at August, blushing when he realized he just told the older boy he was behind. Hopefully Augs wouldn't be upset or anything...

Addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:30 pm
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI

”No one’s just born a fast reader,” August assured, trying to remember from tutoring Rhea and her friends last year that not everyone took to “light reading” theory texts with as much zeal as he or even Sona did. ”As long as you keep reading you’ll get faster. And if you’re really not feeling it, I’ve picked up a few tricks from reading so much over the last few years. We can talk about that too.”

He offered the same sentiment when the boy brought up only sometimes being able to read his notes. ”Sometimes is better than never, I suppose. We can talk penmanship another time. You’re free to use my study guides though? They won’t be in as great detail as your everyday lecture notes, but I do have study guides for every semester.” Fortunately, he had recently assembled them into one binder for ease of OWLs prep.

August took brief notes as Eion replied, nodding in encouragement. He vaguely wondered if it was a little late in the year, but hey, maybe Professor Cohen was doing a review.The he realized that Eion had mentioned that this was a while ago and they were studying something new. ”Is this an overdue assignment? How much do you have to catch up?” he wondered aloud. His expression was perfectly even and normal, but the thought had caught him so off guard that his tone retained the surprise. He quickly evened his surprise away, realizing it wouldn’t do to be upset about overdue work. This was his own fault for not catching on earlier that Eion needed help. ”Don’t worry, we’re going to get it done. Starting here.”

He ripped the small page out of the notebook and turned it around, showing Eion a paper outline using things the boy had said in their question-answer series. ”A short outline to keep your paper focused and let you know where you’re going next. Introduction, paragraph, paragraph, paragraph, and conclusion.” He ran through the rest of the outline quickly, then returned the essay page. ”You won’t even need to change anything, just go forward from here. Give it a shot while I go grab that book?”
----------

A couple hours later, August looked up from reviewing his study guides. ”Eion, you ready for a short break?”

He usually would have wandered off to some corner and practiced a few dance steps or just browsed the books, but today he actually had a question fit for a break. ”I’ve been meaning to ask, Eion your different eye--it changes every time I see you? What’s with that?”

And watch from far away
In youth, you'd lay
But it was just a dream

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:54 pm
User ImageUser Image

Eion frowned when Augs casually said no one was born a fast reader. "I might be, but the letters don't play nice with me." He huffed, a bit annoyed by the cards he was dealt. He already got bullied, and he really didn't want people to assume he was stupid on top of it all! He sighed softly, nodding along as August said he could provide helpful tips. It was reading, Eion figured it was a skill everyone else had before they were out of training pants, yet here he was.

Eion tried to ignore Augs' question about the assignment being overdue, mostly because then he'd have to try and explain that most of his stuff was at least a few days behind. It wasn't his fault, he'd never had so much homework... or so many classes. "Well... see, it's not that I'm not trying... 'cause I am. I'm trying real hard... but every time I get somethin' done, I'm already behind in three other things. And it won't stop." He sighed, rubbing his temples. "How many days d'you get to go home before havin' to come back for summer classes?" He looked pleadingly at the older boy, remembering having to go back to class all summer, every summer before he got removed for homeschooling. He didn't know Hogwarts' strategy for it, but he did know he already missed his family something terrible.

Luckily, Augs was quick to come to the rescue. He handed Eion a paper, then explained it was an outline for his essay. The younger boy read along, then looked at the essay he'd started. Man, if only he had Augs' nice writing... He sighed, beginning to write as best he could. Things began to go a lot smoother with the older boy there, both for his outline and for general questions. He started getting in the swing of things, a tiny smile falling upon his lips as he wrote, occasionally pausing to search his book or ask August a question or two.

---

After a few hours, Eion was about to hand over his essay for review when Augs spoke up. At the question of a break, the dark haired boy nodded. "Yep! And after, you can maybe read over and make sure it's not rubbish? I mean.... it probably is, but... maybe?" He pushed the paper over, taking a second to stand and stretch. Being hunched up over paperwork so long was starting to hurt his back. Now he knew why Eme had to do weird old-guy stretches.

It wasn't until August's second question that Eion froze in his tracks. It was about his eye.... oh boy. So far, no one had asked about it, and he was secretly glad for it. Part of him wanted to try and come up with a lie... but this was Augs! Anyone who could help with homework for forever probably wouldn't judge him for much of anything. "Well... um... it's glass. I don't have an eyeball there. It-it's a real long story." He blushed a bit, waiting for the older boy to torment him. When nothing came, he continued. "I have a collection of 'em. But... um... it's a weird collection, so I don't tell many people. Only real close friends."

Addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:38 pm
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI

”I know you’re trying,” August replied, looking up to meet Eion’s two-toned eyes. One was light blue, and the left was...teal with sparkles? A question for later. ”You wouldn’t have asked for help if you weren’t” he said. ”It’s okay. Even I get behind sometimes. The important thing is to acknowledge it, catch u, and figure out what caused it so you can fix it.”

And not freak out
he added silently, reminded of his cousin’s stressed out third year.

He didn’t know anything about summer classes, but wondered if that had been an option. He reconsidered quickly. He’d miss his grandparents and extended family. He already saw his mum barely once a year and only got to talk to his dad via letters or phone calls over the breaks. ”I’m not sure about summer school. If you want extra help, we could probably do something over summer? Or if I’m with my grandparents I’ve got friends who’re good tutors.” Then he glanced up, accounting for Eion’s still-nervous tone, and saw the younger boy seemed to be pleading with him. ”You’re going to go home for summer,” he promised without worry about any kind of feasibility. ”And we’re going to get you caught up.”

-----

”Sounds good,” August replied, standing and stretching with the younger boy. He raised an eyebrow at “glass”, but nodded curiously, always interested in a good story. Or...whatever the younger boy wanted to say. ”You have a collection of eyeballs? That’s...pretty wicked,” he replied, imagining what other strange colors Eion might have. ”I mean, I collect tea, but eyeballs are a whole other level.”

The mention that he counted as close enough to deem worthy of the eyeball collection was both honoring and humbling, and put a small smile on his face. ” And here I thought you were wearing contacts under the glasses just to be fashionable or something.”

wearing Sweater + shirt outfit+glasses || status Break + Eion's eyeball collection

And watch from far away
In youth, you'd lay
But it was just a dream

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:48 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? He likes my eyeball collection?

Eion huffed at Augs, feeling a bit of annoyance about the fact that all his trying was getting him nowhere. Maybe he would have to schedule some appointments with teachers. Lord knows they've all been offering. "I'm tryin', but it's hard. There's a lot of classes and I can't really keep up. How do you do it?" He hoped the older boy would have some sage wisdom... or whatever. While they worked, Eion shoved some of the books and papers back in his bag, trying to clear room on the table.

When they spoke about summer classes, Augs mentioned that he could offer help over the summer. Eion was pretty sure his parents would be willing to help out... or else Ferdie and Liz-Bet. He ruffled his already messy hair, a small frown on his face again. "Maybe we can send letters and stuff? So that way when I get my books maybe I can get a head start?" He looked up, a sparkle of hope in his eye. After a moment, Augs reassured him that he'd be home and that they were going to catch him up. "You sure? I'm pretty far behind. I don't even think I've done anything for some of these..."

------

After mentioning his eye, Augs looked curious. Eion bit his lip, not really ready for telling the story of why his eyeball was missing. It wasn't like it was a humorous story or anything... in fact it kinda made him sad. Augs mentioned his tea collection, and Eion pulled a face, thinking of the icky drink he was given on his sick days. "It is pretty cool. And I've got a ton of them! Better than tea, anyway." He grinned excitedly, making sure to remember to bring a few of his sets to show off the next time they had a study day.

When Augs mentioned wearing contacts, Eion laughed. "Funny enough, I can't touch my other eyeball without it hurting a ton. But no, it's not a real eyeball. That's why it doesn't move just right. And I wear glasses to try to help see when I can." He chuckled, trying to make light of the conversation. "Not that they help much, I'm still pretty well blind."

Addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:08 am
User ImageUser Image

Ada blew out a huff of air, trying to get her bangs out of her face without needing to set down the books she carried in her arms. It was nearing the end of term, which meant it was nearing the end of her easy access to the school's library until she had to return towards the end of Summer to start prepping for the new year. Normally, of course, she didn't think much of the library, if only because the Whitethorne family owned one of the most prolific publishing houses in wizarding Britain. If she needed a book, almost any book, she could simply pop over to Whizz Hard Books and find not just a copy, but a first edition, or even occasionally the rough draft versions (which she would sometimes read because fun if irrelevant information could get removed).

This time, however, she was faced with a task that her husband couldn't help her with; she had a sort of personal project she wanted to work on over the holiday, and some of the reference materials were hard to come by. A stack's worth of the books she needed were one, not published by her husband's company, and two, largely out of print. The copies here at Hogwarts were some of the few left around that weren't falling to pieces, and she figured she may as well take advantage of that. Of course, she hadn't realized this until literally the last minute, hence her (she checked her watch) nearly midnight end-of-year library run. Hopefully the librarian wasn't too cross with her.

Now, since becoming a vampire, she was typically the picture of grace. Hadn't tripped in literal decades, despite youthful tendencies towards clumsiness. But, this particular night, her vampiric sense of balance failed her; the toe of her heel, unseen due to the stack of books, caught on the floor, and she found herself nearly falling over. More concerned with the (practically ancient) books than herself, she opted to try and keep hold of them rather than not fall. She mostly managed to succeed, but unfortunately the topmost book, previously held in place by her chin, slipped before she could catch it.

She wished she had Chris' telekinesis; if she did, the book wouldn't have fallen onto a table to her right, slamming quite loudly (if flat, thank the gods, which was better for its condition) onto its surface. She winced; in the dead of night, the sound had been quite loud. Hopefully there was no one about to've been startled by it.

Also, there were no broken chairs anywhere nearby for her to've fallen onto, so she'd call that a win.

»» нυffℓєρυff αℓυмиυѕ »» ρσтισиѕ мιѕтяєѕѕ - α∂ναи¢є∂ ¢συяѕєѕ »» мαяяιє∂ тσ ¢няιѕтσρнєя ωнιтєтнσяиє
                                        ναмριяє »» ∂яαgσи ¢ℓαи »» ємραтн

»» ooc »» text

єνєяу ¢σяиєя нαѕ ιтѕ fιℓℓ σf σℓєαи∂єя αи∂ єα¢н ραтн тнαт ι ѕєє
                                        ιѕ ѕняσυ∂є∂ ιи нємℓσ¢к ℓєανєѕ σн ѕσ ѕρℓєи∂ι∂ℓу
                                        єι∂σℓσи єι∂σℓσи ι'м ѕℓιρριиg αωαу
                                        тяυє ℓσνє ιи α нσтнσυѕє gяανє

Stefan Lee Salvatore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:18 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
☀Alarick ✐ Lorien-Knapp☀
Upper Charms Professor ✔ Father ✔ 43 Years old

▬▬"There are things I want to do to be a better human being and a better father."▬▬

Alarick knew there was that one book in the library about that one charm. Except he couldn't think of the charm, or the book. He didn't want to do something wild like ask the librarian during the day, so he waited until it was night and most people were asleep before sneaking out of his quarters and going to the library. As he was going through a section of charms books reading each title individually, hoping that would jog his memory, he heard a loud thud coming from elsewhere in the library.

He grinned, a chance to talk to someone, to maybe catch a student out of bed? How exciting he had yet to be able to give a detention in his time at Hogwarts. He walked towards the source of the noise, only to find Ada Whitethorne holding a stack of books, that looked rather fragile, with one sitting on the table. Why had she thrown the book down in anger? That was an odd thing.
"Ada Whitethorne why hello. I didn't expect to run into anyone else, say do you know what room of Hogwarts has the most stories? The library of course!"

Alarick frowned, this would be the perfect opportunity to ask her something he had been bothered about for a while."Say did you have a mother? Or aunt? Went to Hogwarts back in 2025, maybe even taught in like 2031 or 2032? You just have always looked so much like this one gal who was a seventh year when I started at Hogwarts, who then became a professor when Kadence was still in school gosh those were the fun days. But how cool would it be to reconnect with an old friend?"

▬▬"The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are." ▬▬

Where: Librar
With Whom: Ada
Thinking about: Being oblivious
Aldrick Description: 6'1" Dark hair Green Eyes.
Wearing: purple pajama pants, gray t-shirt (because pft clothes)

MJ Spooks

Quote:

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:10 am
User ImageUser Image

Compared to the previous calm and quiet of the library at quarter-til-midnight, the sound of Ada's book falling had seemed deafening. And yet, it was nothing compared to the apparent boisterousness of Alarick Knapp. He wasn't even being particularly loud, Ada thought; his presence in that moment simply felt loud. She didn't know the man well, but he did carry a certain sort of demeanor. How, then, she'd failed to notice his presence in the library before he'd found her, was beyond her. Especially with her vampiric senses; it honestly shouldn't have been possible. But then, she'd been a bit distracted, hadn't she?

She huffed a small laugh, equal parts amused and exasperated, at his joke, rolling her eyes as she very gracefully, and with an almost comical amount of care, set the remaining books on the table next to the one she'd dropped. Dusting her hands off on her skirt, she turned towards him as he spoke, brow furrowing briefly.

"I graduated in 2025," she said slowly, "And I started teaching the 30-31 term." It took a long moment for his confusion to make sense. In her defense, he'd asked "did you have a mother," which was a thoroughly nonsensical question. Insofar as she was aware, it was somewhat difficult to exist without having a mother in some capacity. Well, unless you had two fathers and one of them was transgender and had given birth to you, she supposed. But that seemed a little nuanced for his line of questioning.

But, the rest of his question and statement registered, and she realized the issue; he didn't know. Which was... odd, to say the least. She'd been out of the coffin, as it were, since her kids started school. She'd not made any big proclamation or anything, but it was a well-known fact, not even qualifying as an open secret at this point, that she was a vampire. But Alarick had apparently missed the memo, which left her in an odd spot. She would have to simply explain, she knew. But there was no telling how he'd react.

She steeled her spine, ready for any sort of response, and said,
                                        "Alarick, the seventh year you're thinking of was me. I'm a vampire. I look like I'm in my early 20's because that's when I was turned, but I'm actually..." She thought about it. It had been a while since she'd thought about her age, honestly. But the twins were... 30. They'd just turned 30. "Fifty, I should be," she finished, reasonably certain. She'd had the twins at 20, so if they were 30, she was 50.

She smiled a little; despite the gravity of the situation, it was still a little funny. She'd thought she was long past this sort of confusion, truth be told. It'd been so long since anyone she'd been around had been uninformed. She'd thought it'd never happen again, really; particularly since she taught the advanced courses for her subject. By the time she had new students, they'd already been in school long enough to've heard. So this experience was... not new, but somewhat novel nonetheless.

»» нυffℓєρυff αℓυмиυѕ »» ρσтισиѕ мιѕтяєѕѕ - α∂ναи¢є∂ ¢συяѕєѕ »» мαяяιє∂ тσ ¢няιѕтσρнєя ωнιтєтнσяиє
                                        ναмριяє »» ∂яαgσи ¢ℓαи »» ємραтн

»» ooc »» text

єνєяу ¢σяиєя нαѕ ιтѕ fιℓℓ σf σℓєαи∂єя αи∂ єα¢н ραтн тнαт ι ѕєє
                                        ιѕ ѕняσυ∂є∂ ιи нємℓσ¢к ℓєανєѕ σн ѕσ ѕρℓєи∂ι∂ℓу
                                        єι∂σℓσи єι∂σℓσи ι'м ѕℓιρριиg αωαу
                                        тяυє ℓσνє ιи α нσтнσυѕє gяανє

Stefan Lee Salvatore

The Library

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out