Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Library
Specified Magic (Electives) Section Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:13 pm
Specified Magic Section
[Elective Classes]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

━━━━━
This is the Specified Magic Section. Here you will find books for many of the different branches of magic, such as the ones you might study in your Hogwarts elective classes. Put down the hammer of Magical Law or delve into the depths of Divination. Below is a list of the books in stock sorted by subject.
━━━━━

Divination

· Broken Balls: When Fortunes Turn Foul ·
· Death Omens: What to Do When You Know the Worst is Coming ·
· Predicting the Unpredictable: Insulate Yourself Against Shocks ·
· The Dream Oracle by Inigo Imago ·
· Unfogging the Future by Cassandra Vablatsky ·

Arithmancy

· New Theory of Numerology ·
· Numerology and Grammatica ·

Study of Ancient Runes
(and Magical Theory)

· Advanced Rune Translation ·
· Ancient Runes Made Easy ·
· Magical Hieroglyphs and Logograms ·
· Magical Studies ·
· Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling ·
· Spellman's Syllabary ·
· Transformation Through the Ages ·

Alchemy

· Alchemy, Ancient Art and Science by Argo Pyrites ·

Magical Law

· Ancient Law ·
· Extraordinary Trials in History ·
· Illegal Compendium 198 ·
· Law and Literature ·
· Laws of Conduct When Dealing With Muggles ·
· Legal Guidelines for the Manufacture of Magical Apparatus ·
· Legislative Guide to the Proper Use of Magic ·
· ‎Magical Misdemeanors in the Modern Law ·
· ‎Magical Moral Perspective ·

Care of Magical Creatures

· Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newton Scamander ·
· The Monster Book of Monsters ·

Muggle Studies

· Cooking the Muggle Way by Mordicus Egg ·
· Home Life and Social Habits of British Muggles by Wilhelm Wigworthy ·
· Moronic Muggles ·
· Muggle 'Law & Order' - Complete Guide ·
· Muggles Who Notice by Blenheim Stalk ·
· My Life as a Muggle by Daisy Hookum ·
· The Philosophy of the Mundane: Why the Muggles Prefer Not to Know by Mordicus Egg ·

Books from Harry Potter Wiki

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:37 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image

User Image

Jane sat reading "Home Life and Social Habits of British Muggles by Wilhelm Wigworthy" This was at least the third book she had read about muggles today. Some of them were completely ridiculous, she couldn't honestly believe people had studied to write these books. Were there seriously wizards that believe this? Jane scoffed and closed the book then blew a hair out of her face. She stretched and looked around seeing if she could spot anyone worth talking to.
Today had been rather boring, she had spent more then half of it reading and to make matters worth none of the books were even worth reading. Jane sighed and dropped her head on the table.
She was exhausted, even after doing nothing. Of course she hadn't much had the chance to get any sleep lately, she had spent long nights contemplating here life lately.
She couldn't believe it was only her second year at Hogwarts with everything that had happened and even now it was only a few weeks into school. It seemed like a decade since she lived her normal muggle life with no idea of this existence no idea of the magic she had, she missed that most of all. She sighed again.

ooc; outfit in side pic, music in top.
MADE BY PURPLEINATOR

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:39 pm
User Image

I hate the world today
You're so good to me
I know but I can't change
Tried to tell you
But you look at me like maybe
I'm an angel underneath
Innocent and sweet

± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ±
𝔈𝔯𝔢𝔱𝔯𝔦𝔞 𝔚𝔥𝔦𝔱𝔢𝔱𝔥𝔬𝔯𝔫𝔢
Fourth Year - Slytherin Chaser

Eretria wandered through the section, her fingers gliding easily along the spines of books she perused. She had come into the section for studying runes, and was pleasantly not disappointed. There were numerous books on the subject, and she lifted one easily out of the bookshelf to read to herself. Advanced Rune Translation. She was in the class for Ancient runes, and she wanted to read ahead in the class. The coursebook was fine, but she wanted a more in-depth look into the subject. She really enjoyed the course, so this really didn't seem like extra work for her. She made her way to the tables and settled down to read. however, while she was reaching up, her locket snapped and fell, dropping onto the floor without her noticing.

----------------------------------
State: Studying
OOC: ...

So take me as I am
This may mean
You'll have to be a stronger man
Rest assured that
When I start to make you nervous
And I'm going to extremes
Tomorrow I will change
And today won't mean a thing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:53 pm
Quidditch is my life, but my knowledge is who I am.
User Image

William Cloud

Fifth YearHufflepuffChaser

⇳ ⇴ ⇵ ⇶ ⇷ ⇸ ⇹ ⇺ ⇻ ⇼ ⇽ ⇾ ⇿

Will was perusing the many books in the library. He was more looking for Cursebreaking books, but he could not find any. So, he started to just look around and he soon came across some interesting books, but as he went to read it, Eretria came walking past him, her locket falling from its place. He quickly moved to it and picked it up. He then brought it over to Eretria.

"Hello, Eretria right? Well, yes you dropped this over by those books right there. I hoped that you indeed were the one that dropped this, but I trust that you are. Figured I'd give it back to you," he said, giving somewhat of a smile, but then again...not really

Some are born great, some achieve great, but some...have greatness thrust upon them.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:07 pm
User Image

I hate the world today
You're so good to me
I know but I can't change
Tried to tell you
But you look at me like maybe
I'm an angel underneath
Innocent and sweet

𝔈𝔯𝔢𝔱𝔯𝔦𝔞 𝔚𝔥𝔦𝔱𝔢𝔱𝔥𝔬𝔯𝔫𝔢
Fourth Year - Slytherin Chaser

Eretria blinked as she looked up from her book. An older student stood there, holding... She reached for her neck and didn't feel her locket there. She glared, her eyes burning. "Where did you get that?" Her eyes were narrowed, and she snatched it away from Will, checking it over for any damage. Her gaze then settled over William, and she arched an eyebrow. "If you're waiting for a thank you, you're wasting your time." She then turned back toward the book she was reading, her hand pocketing the locket.

State: Annoyed
OOC: ...

So take me as I am
This may mean
You'll have to be a stronger man
Rest assured that
When I start to make you nervous
And I'm going to extremes
Tomorrow I will change
And today won't mean a thing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:15 pm
Quidditch is my life, but my knowledge is who I am.
User Image

William Cloud

Sixth YearHufflepuffChaser

William smirked to himself as she got defensive. She almost seemed like Belle to a point. "Like I told you, this dropped out of your bag over there and I felt the need to return it to you," he said to her, hoping to somewhat reason with her. "I really don't expect an apology. What, what is that book? May I ask? he asked her, hoping to start some kind of small talk, but he wasn't too sure that he would get away with it.
/align]

Some are born great, some achieve great, but some...have greatness thrust upon them.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

Xistund

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:03 am
User Image

Gryffindor, First year, Muggleborn

David took a book off the shelf. Even though he did not yet take the class subject he found a book that he found ironic justice. The book was called My Life as a Muggle. It was the account of a witch who gave up magic and her struggles in the real world. David thought that other wizards should do the same and not be so full of themselves.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:35 am

t e l l m e s o m e t h i n g i d o n ' t k n o w - - -
l i b r a r y ✖
d a v i d s ✖
d o n o t j u d g e m e
a m u s e d ✖
s i n g l e ✖

"Beasts, creatures... what the hell..." Kas muttered slightly in exasperation at the lack of more material on the subject. He wasn't good with wild animals. Someone would die.

A finger trailed across the spines of the books, collecting a light coating of dust on the digit. Kas frowned, not very happy at that but kept looking. So far none of the books had caught his eyes. Holding his fountain pen in his mouth, biting gently on it to keep it in place, the redhead mused in concentration on what else to borrow and read for the moment. Huffing, the small Ravenclaw moved over to the next section, pausing for a moment when he saw a familiar face. Wasn't he the one who contradicted magic at every turn? His lips quirked up in a small smile. It was amusing. Kas might have not been as anti-magic as David was, but he did understand the animosity, aside from the extent, of course.

"That section isn't going to make you any happier,"
the redhead spoke up, walking towards the taller boy. "If anything it'll make it worse."

Xistund

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Xistund

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:53 am
User Image

David looked up from his book and sighed. He came to the library so he would not be bothered. "Do all ravenclaws stick there beaks in others businesses or is it just the ones I meet."
He went back to his book and turned the page.
"Besides the have you seen the fiction section. The only non-children and pro-magic books are as old as dirt."
The school needed to get more books Charles Dickens and pride and prejudice really where dull compared to some of the books he could get back home and they only had one wizard comic.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:08 am

l i b r a r y ✖
d a v i d s ✖
d o n o t j u d g e m e
a m u s e d ✖
s i n g l e ✖

"Do all Davids snark and push or is it just the ones that I meet?" Kas retorted gently, laughing at the remark. So much snark. That made, three people now? Something was probably in the air at Hogwarts. "That's a lot of stereotyping there. Not everyone is as evil as you make out to be," the redhead put forward, moving a bit over to look at the other books. "Maybe just some."

Concerning the books? The Ravenclaw went silent for a while, taking interest in one of the leather-bound volumes. After a while he spoke up. "Don't take this the wrong way," he began, pulling out yet another volume. "But try giving the other books a try. If anything, you can laugh at how absurd they are."

"Once you've tried that, go look for some Ravenclaws," he added wryly. "The common room is a treasure hoard of fiction." Going back to the book browsing, Kas mentally ticked off the books on his list of generic volumes to read.

Xistund

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Xistund

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:31 am
User Image

"Well the Davids I've met do that so I guess so."
David put a slip of parchment in the book to keep his place.
"I don't think wizards are any more or less evil then normal people. I just hate the fact that the last 11 years of my life is a lie and everyone tells me to get over it and just except that that I can make fireworks pop out of a stick.... Creo Igniculus"
He said and waved his wad in the air as green sparks flew out of his wand. "Next thing people tell me is Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth fairy all have a tea party every Sunday and I'll have no idea if its true or not."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:18 am
User ImageUser Image
Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 12
Year at Hogwarts: 2nd year
Height: 5'3"

➳ ➳ ➳

[Wearing:Casual Clothes]
Company: Kas and David

➳ ➳ ➳

Is that seriously what they think about muggle law? It's so bias and... ugh... okay, not getting that book for Dad.

➳ ➳ ➳

Once in a great while, Ronna would explore the library to see if there would be anything that would catch her fancy or her Dad's fancy so that the next time she was in Diagon Alley shopping for school supplies she could pick up the book for herself or him. She had came to the section earlier to look at Magical Law books, but instead end up picking up the book Muggle 'Law & Order' - Complete Guide which by thirty pages in had her gagging so she was back to return the book seeing two first years.

The only thing she caught was the Gryffindor who said 'Next thing people tell me is Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth fairy all have a tea party every Sunday and I'll have no idea if its true or not.' She laughed quietly at the comment and then straight faced said, "Oh they totally do, didn't you get to that part of History of Magic yet? No... seriously, if something doesn't add up investigate. However, I'd stay out of the Muggle Studies section."

User Image

Xistund
Greycast

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Xistund

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:00 pm
User Image

David sighed as yet another person came to talk to him, oh joy. He came to the library so not to be bothered. "Oh good and here I thought I was going crazy with thinking that."
Why was everyone on him for looking in the Muggle Studies books he was just there for a laugh at the misconceptions on muggles.
"And I'm not here to learn, I'm board and thanks to all this rutty magic none of my electronics work."
He said still annoyed that wile here he was cut off from everything he enjoyed doing. And unlike the rest of the school he did not find people flying on brooms killing each other with cannon balls entertaining.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:22 pm
User ImageUser Image
Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 12
Year at Hogwarts: 2nd year
Height: 5'3"

➳ ➳ ➳

[Wearing:Casual Clothes]
Company: Kas and David

➳ ➳ ➳

Such a charming kid.

➳ ➳ ➳

Ronna rolled her eyes as she put away the book and said, "Knowledge is power. Isn't it better to know about the wizarding world and be able to do magic than to not know anything about it? Anyways, do what I do about electronics... focus on learning magic and the wizarding world during the school year and get your electronic fix during the summers. God, I have to go months without my Marvel and DC comic online electronic subscriptions and wait till the summer to play catch up."

Ronna shrugged and moved over to the Magical Law books and began to browse the listings, confident the younger Gryffindor would probably have some response to her. After all Gryffindors were rarely the type to remain mum on something.

User Image

Xistund
Greycast

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:46 pm

l i b r a r y ✖
d a v i d s ✖
d o n o t j u d g e m e
a m u s e d ✖
s i n g l e ✖

Taking a step back, the redhead nodded to the two Gryffindors with a wry smile. "Well," Kas spoke, shifting the books in his arms. "It seems you two lions have found each other. I'll take my leave. It was nice meeting you, David, and hello again, Ronna."

With that, the small Ravenclaw walked out of the aisle. Biting his pen again, he wondered whether he still had enough time to dash to the kitchens before the next class.

Xistund

mc2

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The Library

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items