Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Library
Specified Magic (Electives) Section Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:46 pm
User Image
                                                                Never made it as a wise man
                                                                I couldn't cut it as a poor man stealing
                                                                Tired of living like a blind man
                                                                I'm sick of sight without a sense of feeling
                                                                And this is how you remind me
                                                                Of what I really am

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Where am I? Library
                                                                Who am I with? Elliott
                                                                What am I doing? Bugging him and grabbing a book.
                                                                What am I thinking? Hey, I can have some fun with this, right?
                                                                What am I wearing? Fourth Year Uniform

Jesse came into the library and looked around. He needed a book for his Arithmancy class, and the teen had been trying to find his textbook with little success. That probably meant that someone had decided to hide it. Sighing, he went to the only section of the library he knew was going to have the book he needed when his eyes spied Elliott already there, reading. Jesse just watched for a moment before he decided to do something.

It was certainly weird that Elliott had asked him out, and weirder still that he had taken him to see a movie, of all things. He'd certainly enjoyed it, even if Elliott had been a stiff board the entire time. Jesse however had decided that since Elliott was going to be so still, he was just going to use his best friend as a pillow during the movie. That has resulted in Jesse basically laying down in Elliott's lap, then just draping himself over the guy, and then saying screw it and snogged him. It had been an urge he had fought with during the whole movie, and while he knew Elliott was gay, he didn't exactly know for sure if Elliott even liked him like that. However, the expression on Elliott's face was priceless, and Jesse had to admit, he did enjoy himself.

He snuck up to where Elliott was sitting and then leaned over the guy, arms resting on the chair Elliott was sitting in. Frowning, he read some of what the other was reading and cocked an eyebrow. "Just what exactly is that, anyway?" He hadn't seen that before, and he wasn't sure if he could make heads or tails of it.

OOC:

It's not like you to say sorry
                                                                I was waiting on a different story
                                                                This time I'm mistaken
                                                                For handing you a heart worth breaking
                                                                And I've been wrong, I've been down,
                                                                Been to the bottom of every bottle
                                                                These five words in my head
                                                                Scream "Are we having fun yet?"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:36 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          јεṡṡε сαlṿεɾτ
                                                          Looking Smart at the Library with Jesse
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Calm
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ ... Normally this would bother me. ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

сøṃε ɾ ï ḋ ε ώïτh ṃε τ h ɾ ø υ ģ h τhε ṿεïṉṡ øƒ h ï ṡ τ ø ɾ ÿ x❃ ❃ ❃xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ï'll ṡhøώ ÿøυ høώ ģøḋ ƒ α l l ṡ α ṡ l ε ε ρ øṉ τhε ј ø в x❃ ❃ ❃xxxxxxxxx
                                                          αṉḋ høώ ώε с α ṉ ώ ï ṉ ώhεṉ ƒ ø ø l ṡ сαṉ вε ќ ï ṉ ģ ṡ x❃ ❃ ❃xxxxxx
                                                          ḋøṉ'τ ώαṡτε ÿ ø υ ɾ τ ï ṃ ε øɾ τïṃε ώïll ώ α ṡ τ ε ÿ ø υ x❃ ❃ ❃xxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceElliott was so absorbed in his study, he didn't sense the presence behind him, even when the Slytherin rested his arms on the back of his chair. It wasn't until Jesse spoke that he noticed, startling the Ravenclaw slightly. He frowned, leaning so that he could look back and up at Jesse. "I know it's the library, but could you please give some warning? You don't have to sneak around like a bloody ninja," he said dryly, rolling his eyes. If he were being honest, he'd admit that in all likelihood, Jesse hadn't really been all that sneaky, he'd just had his nose stuck so far in his book that there could've been a damned war going on and he wouldn't have noticed... But, he wasn't about to say so. Everyone else made fun of him enough without him making it easy by perpetuating the jokes on his own.

spaceHe glanced back at his book, then arched a brow, shrugging. Eventually, he was going to tire of answering this question, he could feel it already. "Mind magic; Legilimency and Occlumency. Basically, one is a very complicated branch of magic that allows you to look into someone's mind and interpret what you find, and the other is training yourself to shut people out so that if they are practiced at Legilimency and attempt to use it on you, you can block them." He looked back towards Jesse, expression growing somewhat sheepish. "I've been looking into it... for a while now. There's an option to take a lesson on Mind Magic in sixth year and I've been considering it. I'm saving final judgement for after I've taken my OWLs and can assess my courseload. I'm not sure if I really care to add something so difficult on top of what I already have, especially since I'll be readying for NEWTs. But I may decide to drop some of my current lessons after exams, I'm not sure yet." Mentally, he sighed, thinking that he wasn't doing a very good job of not making things too easy for people. He might as well get nerd tattooed across his forehead in giant bold letters. Jesse hadn't relented since their date over the holiday; actually, Elliott was pretty sure he'd gotten worse. But, he figured he had no one to blame but himself. Before, whenever Jesse had made fun of him and not dropped it at a certain point, he'd gotten annoyed at the Slytherin and shut him out. Since the date though... Jesse had a habit of snogging him whenever he sensed Elliott was going into cold shoulder mode.

spaceNot that Elliott was complaining... Actually, he wasn't even complaining right then, about the intrusion into his study time, which typically could be likened to a sacred thing as far as he was concerned. If it'd been anyone else who'd come to talk to him, he would've been glaring at them and asking if they could talk later, not explaining the logistics of what he was reading up on. Jesse seemed to have a very odd ability to... not get on his nerves. Everyone got on his nerves. Except Jesse, for some reason or another. Elliott was hesitant to admit that he actually knew exactly why, mostly because it was very awkward to even think, let alone say. When the other boy had essentially crawled into his lap at the movie theater, he hadn't quite known what to do; his heart had sped up, his palms had started sweating, and he'd not been able to focus on the movie, or really much of anything except the Slytherin. To say nothing of when he'd kissed him; Elliott still wasn't sure where that'd come from, but again, he wasn't complaining. It had been... something. Something he was trying not to think too hard on, all things considered.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx❃ ❃ ❃x ṉø øṉε'ṡ ģøṉṉα τ α ќ ε ṃ ε α l ï ṿ ε
                                                          xxxxxx❃ ❃ ❃x τhε τ ï ṃ ε hαṡ сøṃε τø ṃ α ќ ε τ h ï ṉ ģ ṡ ɾ ï ģ h τ
                                                          xxxxxxxxx❃ ❃ ❃x ÿ ø υ αṉḋ ï ṃυṡτ ƒ ï ģ h τ ƒøɾ øυɾ ɾ ï ģ h τ ṡ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx❃ ❃ ❃x ÿ ø υ αṉḋ ï ṃυṡτ ƒ ï ģ h τ τø ṡ υ ɾ ṿ ï ṿ ε

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Red Hot Missy

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:23 pm
User Image
                                                                Of what I really am

Where am I? Library
                                                                Who am I with? Elliott

Jesse gave Elliott a smirk and leaned down to put his head on Elliott's shoulder. "But then I wouldn't have been able to do this. Besides, it was still fun to do. Also makes me wonder just how much the librarian here actually hears." Jesse didn't know for sure, but he was willing to guess it was a lot more than some students thought. He'd never gotten in trouble here before, but he never tested how loud he could be before the librarian came down on him. "Besides, you were buried in your book, figured I could get away with it well enough." He also thought he could get away with much more, but he was showing considerable restraint about the whole kissing thing.

Taking a seat on the table, he listened to Elliott describe mind magic and a frown pulled at his features. "...How does it work if someone doesn't remember anything?" He was suddenly curious and dreading the answer to his question. If he could find out an easy way to find out why he was missing seven years of his life, he'd be ecstatic. As it was, every time he tried to go past that mental barrier had ended up with him having headaches, having dizzy spells, or, on one memorable event, passing out completely. That one hadn't been fun, as he had woken up to find himself at the bottom of the stairs of Paul's place, and well, Paul's reaction hadn't been pleasant. Even the memory of Strudwick and the younger kid assaulting Jesse on the bridge didn't exactly compare to it.

He shifted slightly, suddenly realizing that Elliott had to be wondering why Jesse was asking about all of this. He couldn't exactly tell Elliott the truth, could he? He swallowed, and then decided that Elliott had to know something. If they were going to be dating, he was bound to notice the spells he had and question them. "I, I have problems with my memory. Not with anything recent, but I don't remember anything before I was seven. Whenever I try, I just get, well, dizzy and nauseous. It's certainly not fun. Earliest memory I have is just waking up on the street." No, he refused to get into why he found himself with Paul, or anything like that. He figured Elliott could figure that one out on his own. Besides, amnesiacs with no identity tended to slip through a lot of cracks.

OOC:

This time I'm mistaken

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:12 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          јεṡṡε сαlṿεɾτ
                                                          Looking Smart at the Library with Jesse
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Calm
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ ... Normally this would bother me. ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

сøṃε ɾ ï ḋ ε ώïτh ṃε τ h ɾ ø υ ģ h τhε ṿεïṉṡ øƒ h ï ṡ τ ø ɾ ÿ x❃ ❃ ❃xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ï'll ṡhøώ ÿøυ høώ ģøḋ ƒ α l l ṡ α ṡ l ε ε ρ øṉ τhε ј ø в x❃ ❃ ❃xxxxxxxxx
                                                          αṉḋ høώ ώε с α ṉ ώ ï ṉ ώhεṉ ƒ ø ø l ṡ сαṉ вε ќ ï ṉ ģ ṡ x❃ ❃ ❃xxxxxx
                                                          ḋøṉ'τ ώαṡτε ÿ ø υ ɾ τ ï ṃ ε øɾ τïṃε ώïll ώ α ṡ τ ε ÿ ø υ x❃ ❃ ❃xxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceElliott arched a brow at Jesse, setting his book down. He still wasn't all that amused at the other boy, but that didn't stop him from leaning his head on the Slytherin's. "I'd imagine she hears most everything, and just ignores it unless someone's actively breaking a rule," he replied. "She has better things to do than wrangle a bunch of teenagers, you know." He wasn't quite sure what those 'better' things were, per say, but he'd imagine that anything she could find to do in the library would be preferable to scolding a bunch of idiots for making fools of themselves in the stacks. Reshelving books was probably boring, but he doubted if it gave her a headache. Finding seventh years making out in the fiction section, on the other hand...

spaceThe Ravenclaw didn't respond to his boyfriend's comment on his focus, not really thinking that being absorbed in his studies was a bad thing, anyway. Most of their year could probably stand to be more concerned with such things. Though, he would admit that sometimes he went a little overboard. Not out loud, of course. Never out loud. Just, privately, to himself, when he realized it was five in the morning and he hadn't slept because he'd been reading up on human transfiguration. Again.

spaceHe was honestly a little surprised when Jesse sat down with him, and about to ask if he was intending to let Elliott continue his studies, or if he should just give it up now and check the book out for later, when the Slytherin posed his question. Elliott blinked in response, at first not quite sure what to say. That was a rather specific question for someone to ask, after all. He didn't have to ask the reason, though, because Jesse answered before he could. His body language was distinctly uncomfortable, not that the Ravenclaw was surprised by that. Jesse didn't like talking about himself, ever. Avoided it when he could, and lied more often than not when he couldn't. Generally, he ignored it, not wanting to pry. He did dislike the lying, but assumed the other boy had his reasons. His words just reaffirmed that, as did the tension radiating off of him.

spaceElliott swallowed, then clicked his tongue, trying to think. He didn't know the answer to Jesse's question, had no clue what would happen if a Legilimens tried to read the mind of someone who had amnesia. Obviously there was a solution, but he knew the Slytherin well enough to know that he wouldn't go for it. The guy wouldn't even tell him and Kenneth anything, trying to get anything out of him was like pulling teeth. No way was he going to be okay with telling the Mind Magic professor that he had amnesia. Okay, so he had to go about this in a very... specific way. Preferably ensure that Jesse never actually had to speak with the man, do it all himself, then relay the information and see what Jesse wanted to do with it. Fingers tapped the tabletop, and he glanced at his boyfriend. "I haven't read anything about memory loss. My research hasn't been too terribly extensive, since I didn't want to be bored out of my skull if I did take the course. But, I'm sure the information could be found." He leveled his gaze, wondering if his next words were going to go over like a lead balloon. "If nothing else, I could present the question to the instructor. I think I would be able to do so in a way that it came across as a purely academic question... particularly given my reputation," his tone grew dry, "And, if it turned out that there was something that could be done, I could continue looking into it. If it were possible... I suppose it would be one more reason I could pick it up."

spaceHe paused then, fingers tapping again, still testing the waters, waiting for some sort of resistance. He really hoped that Jesse didn't expect him to just let this go. Finding out that someone important to you had no memory of half their life was more than a little concerning. He didn't quite know what purpose recalling the memories would have on a practical level, but he was fairly certain the brunette wouldn't have mentioned it if it didn't bother him to some extent. Obviously he wanted to reclaim his memories, so Elliott had to do whatever he could to help. He tilted his head, expression growing thoughtful. "I do think that, on a theoretical level, it might depend somewhat on what caused the amnesia. If it's simply a mental block you've put up, perhaps to protect yourself from trauma, that might be easier than if, say, it were a memory charm..." He frowned then. "Which... on that note... You have no memory of your life before you were seven?" Initially, the memory charm comment had just been an example, but... if Jesse didn't recall his life before age seven, it was possible that he wasn't actually a muggleborn. He had no idea who his parents were or where he'd come from, after all. Odds were that it was simply a mental block, or perhaps some sort of physical trauma affecting his brain's memory center, but it was still best to explore all avenues, after all.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx❃ ❃ ❃x ṉø øṉε'ṡ ģøṉṉα τ α ќ ε ṃ ε α l ï ṿ ε
                                                          xxxxxx❃ ❃ ❃x τhε τ ï ṃ ε hαṡ сøṃε τø ṃ α ќ ε τ h ï ṉ ģ ṡ ɾ ï ģ h τ
                                                          xxxxxxxxx❃ ❃ ❃x ÿ ø υ αṉḋ ï ṃυṡτ ƒ ï ģ h τ ƒøɾ øυɾ ɾ ï ģ h τ ṡ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx❃ ❃ ❃x ÿ ø υ αṉḋ ï ṃυṡτ ƒ ï ģ h τ τø ṡ υ ɾ ṿ ï ṿ ε

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Red Hot Missy

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:08 pm
User Image
                                                                Of what I really am

Where am I? Library
                                                                Who am I with? Elliott

Jesse tensed up, almost expecting for Elliott to ask him about specifics, when Elliott's response came. Good, he hadn't asked Jesse to talk to the professor. Jesse didn't have a problem with asking professors questions, just with this specific set of questions. It was too personal, and he hated anything regarding his own past. It was bad, and he had left it behind him. All except those missing seven years. He didn't even care if he never remembered the first four years, because it was common that a lot of people didn't remember those years, but seven? That was a bit harder to explain. "You wouldn't mind asking? I mean, you seem pretty interested in the subject. I guessed you would have come across it, though if you didn't want to be bored, yeah. It's, well, it's not an inconvenience, is it?" Jesse still didn't want to seem like he was imposing. It was bad enough that he stayed at Elliott's place over the summers, but he didn't want to seem like a freeloader. He still had to pay Kenneth back, and the debt he had calculated in his head he was in was already substantial in his view.

As Elliott theorized on what caused his amnesia, Jesse shook his head. It wasn't like he remembered, obviously, only that he was certain it wasn't physical trauma. He didn't remember waking up with a head injury. At least, he didn't think so. He'd been shoved into a hospital as soon as he woke up and was found, and then shoved into the orphanage. No one had mentioned anything. "I don't think I had any injuries that I can remember. Then again..." He gave a halfhearted shrug and picked at the material of his pants. At Elliott's next question, he blinked and froze. Oh, now there was the Elliott he knew. Which was to say, the Elliott that prodded for more information than Jesse was willing to give. He winced and then decided to give something and evade the question. "I think I have one. I tried to press too hard, and ended up vomiting over one of the bridges here. It wasn't too much, more like impressions. Yelling and fear, I think. Though, I'd have to doubt it. Memory's shite before seven, after all. Nothing else."

OOC:

This time I'm mistaken

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:35 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxHealing Section
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxJesse
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxDistracted
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ï'ṃ h α ṿ ï ṉ ģ τ ɾ ø υ в l ε τɾÿïṉ' τø ṡlεερ xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ï'ṃ с ø υ ṉ τ ï ṉ ģ ṡ h ε ε ρ вυτ ɾυṉṉïṉ' øυτ xxxxxxxxx
                                                          αṡ τ ï ṃ ε τïсќṡ в ÿ , αṉḋ ṡτïll ï τ ɾ ÿ xxxxxx
                                                          ṉø ɾ ε ṡ τ ƒøɾ с ɾ ø ṡ ṡ τ ø ρ ṡ ïṉ ṃÿ ṃïṉḋ xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceElliott realized, very abruptly, that he'd been staring at the same page in the textbook for a good ten minutes. Blinking in agitation, he shook his head, turning back a page to re-read the last paragraph on it and refresh his memory. As he began reading, though, he realized he had no memory of having read that paragraph, either. The Ravenclaw sighed, pinching his brow, eyes squeezing shut. "This is ridiculous," he muttered. What, exactly, was anyone's guess. The fact that Jojo was missing, the fact that he cared Jojo was missing, the fact that it had him so tied up in knots that he couldn't think straight, pick one. It was just a mountain of ridiculousness, all built up on the foundation of his boyfriend's best friend having gone missing a week before. "This is why I don't ******** care about people," he hissed, obviously annoyed. "Because then when bad things happen to them, I can't ******** think. She's missing, Merlin only know what the ******** happened to her, and I still have to take my ******** NEWTs. My entire future is riding on a series of exams I can't ******** focus enough to study for."

spaceCallous, maybe, but then, he'd never been particularly sensitive. Had been struggling with his utter lack of sensitivity for months now, ever since he'd found Jesse in that alley in Little Whinging. He did realize, though, that he probably shouldn't be complaining about the fact that he was being inconvenienced. Not when, in all likelihood, the reason Jojo was missing was because her batshite insane grandfather had kidnapped her. He wasn't about to talk about the actual problem, though, because if he did, he'd end up saying something even more insensitive. Namely, speculating on whether or not the man had actually had the balls to kill her this time around.

spaceThe Ravenclaw shoved that thought aside; all it would do was piss him off. He was already in a piss poor mood, no need to make it worse. He grit his teeth, glancing at Jesse. "Sorry," he said, tone a bit short for an apology, as sincere as it was. "I'm worried about her, too, you know. Just... I can't think about it." When Jesse had been missing, he'd searched obsessively for the Slytherin; he wanted to do that now. He wanted to help Kenny find her. But he couldn't, because he couldn't let his entire life be derailed by this, and that's exactly what would happen... At least Jesse's arsehole of a father had kidnapped him over the damned Summer, Elliott thought bitterly. No exams to study for then. And he did have to study; they didn't let you be an Auror without your NEWTs, and without good scores on them. And now more than ever, he was determined to succeed in becoming one; between Jesse's family and Jojo's grandfather, he found himself contemplating if a life in Azkaban were worth it, to get rid of them all. But if he were an Auror, it'd be his job to take care of people like that... And it wasn't as though he'd murder all the dark wizards. Just the ones that warranted murdering... and the ones on his list. But he'd make sure it looked like it was necessary in the line of duty. He wasn't an idiot... just a vengeful son of a b***h.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx ṃÿ ṃ ï ṉ ḋ ïṡ ṡετ øṉ ø ṿ ε ɾ ḋ ɾ ï ṿ ε
                                                          xxxxxx τhε сløсќ ïṡ l α υ ģ h ï ṉ ģ ïṉ ṃÿ ƒ α с ε
                                                          xxxxxxxxx α с ɾ ø ø ќ ε ḋ ṡρïṉε, ṃÿ ṡ ε ṉ ṡ ε ṡ ḋυllεḋ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx ραṡτ τhε ρ ø ï ṉ τ øƒ ḋ ε l ï ɾ ï υ ṃ

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Red Hot Missy

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:34 pm
User Image
                                                                There was nothing in sight
                                                                But memories left abandoned
                                                                There was nowhere to hide
                                                                The ashes fell like snow
                                                                And the ground caved in
                                                                Between where we were standing
                                                                And your voice was all I heard
                                                                That I get what I deserve

Where am I? Library
                                                                Who am I with? Elliott
                                                                What am I doing? Studying
                                                                What am I thinking? I must be really ******** up if Elliott's worrying more than I am right now...
                                                                Who's Important to me? Elliott Holt
                                                                What am I wearing? Seventh Year Uniform

Jesse had his head in his lap, a much more comfortable place he'd ever been than he could admit to finding as he studied. No, his head wasn't screwed on all the way, but he wasn't acting like... Like himself. And that was a scary concept, he thought. He wasn't acting like Pancras. He wasn't fully acting like Jesse either, but he figured he could be excused for that. After all, while his childhood memories were still very fresh in his mind, they weren't the overbearing sensation they had been earlier in the school year. That surprisingly made a difference, even if he hadn't quite moved back to his own dorms yet. No, he didn't have nightmares anymore, but when he looked at it, he didn't mind sharing his boyfriend's bed. He sighed, shifting a bit as he got more comfortable while studying the runic text he had before him. No, it might have been odd to say the least, but he figured he could be excused. Plus, it kept him away from a certain other Slytherin who had taken to moaning about the fact he couldn't sleep with his girlfriend, which Jesse was certain that Morven would probably hex him if he even tried it without her express permission.

He blinked up as he heard Elliott sigh in agitation before he muttered to himself. Oh, that couldn't be good. His eyebrows shot up as he heard Elliott talking, mostly to himself he figured, and got ready for the tirade. Only Elliott could get pissed off for worrying about people. Not that he blamed him. Jojo was certainly on better terms with Jesse than Elli, but he had to admit that over this past year, he was certain that his best friend and his boyfriend had somehow gotten closer than they used to be. Jesse could only assume it was because of him. He had them both worried stupid because his father had decided to ******** with his head and jumbled it around, and it was only natural that as a result, they had decided to put aside a lot of their differences to help him. He sighed, sitting up to look at Elliott better, putting an arm on the table and propping his chin up with a fist.

"No, you're fine Elli, I'd be more worried too if I hadn't had everything under the sun happen to me. I guess, I dunno, I compartmentalize everything." Which that wasn't a total lie. Every bad thing he'd had happen to him he'd shoved into a corner of his mind to deal with when he could. He'd just gotten so good at the compartmentalizing that he didn't know sometimes when he was about to run into a trigger, and he had a lot of them. He knew that Jojo had her fair share as well. She just was better than him at dealing with them. At least he thought so. He knew shoving them under the proverbial rug wasn't healthy, but that was what he'd done all his life. Now he knew that he was shoving his worry for Jojo under the rug too, but that was because he was trying not to think about every bad thing that could happen to her. Which, considering his past, he could think about a lot of bad things. Which, again, wasn't healthy. Just the thought about worrying had him conjuring images of Jojo locked in a room for days, begging her grandfather to let her out, that she was sorry... He tamped down on that mental image hard, a wince crossing his face as he shuddered. No, not thinking about that now.

He bit his lip, wondering how he could even attempt to help Elli get his focus back. "Um, I guess you could do what I do. I mean, I know that I'm probably wierding you out since I'm not a total basket case right now. I'm just reminding myself that I can't do anything even if I could wish that I could. That's how I survived Paul for years, and I reminded myself that when I was in school when I was living on the streets that I had escaped and was better off for it. I... I used to do the same thing when I was still living with my family too. I just used to tell myself that I had to wait, that I'd get my magic eventually. It just didn't happen until the Strudwicks had kicked me out, unfortunately." He shook his head, thinking he was shite at explaining this. Ugh, why couldn't he have had a normal enough childhood that he could actually give useful advice? Every bit of advice he had usually ended with a very nasty example of why something was a bad idea. Run away? Someone could kidnap you. Get drunk? Someone took advantage of you. Not watch your drinks at a party? Someone could slip you something nasty. Go off by yourself? Someone might decide to hurt you, badly. Sadly, he had experience to back up his claims, experience he wished he never had.

OOC:

In every loss in every lie
                                                                In every truth that you'd deny
                                                                And each regret and each goodbye
                                                                Was a mistake too great to hide

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:24 pm
User Image
                                                                My eyes are open wide
                                                                And by the way,
                                                                I made it through the day
                                                                I watched the world outside
                                                                By the way,
                                                                I'm leaving out today

Where am I? Library
                                                                Who am I with? Himself
                                                                What am I doing? Looking for books.
                                                                What am I thinking? Wait, what?
                                                                What am I wearing? First Year Uniform

Arden shuffled through the shelves, trying to see if he could find a book. Granted, he was looking in a section specifically for older students, but he was just curious enough about arithmancy that he wanted to see what it looked like before he decided he wanted to go into that later. Nerdy, yes, but he got a rather rude shock over Christmas break when he got home. Well, not his home. When he got back to his aunt and uncle's home. They had gotten word that he was involved in an argument in a mudblood's class and gotten detention, and his uncle had been furious. Furious enough that he'd struck Arden, no matter what he had said in his defense. Thankfully the bruise had healed by the time he was in school, but he had not been pleased when he learned his aunt had gone along with it, and his parents hadn't seemed that concerned when they saw him either. It bothered him. He'd never been struck in his life, had been an exemplary son for his parents. Unless something was going on. He thought back to his family, and to the two disowned sons of Hamnet. What had they done to get disowned, anyway? Hamilton was relatively simple. A stupid reason for sure, but easy. He'd been bitten by a werewolf. That much he knew. As far as Pancras...

He shifted through the shelves a bit more, looking for a primer for arithmancy, when he caught the sound of two male voices. It wouldn't have been any big deal, save he recognized the voice of one of them. Jesse Calvert, the much-absent Slytherin seventh year prefect. They were talking about being worried, and something had caused the older male talking about how he was coping. This caused Arden's face to crumple with confusion, especially as he listened to Jesse list off how he persuaded himself not to freak out. His confusion only grew as he heard everything that had happened. Taken advantage of? Living on the streets? Just what happened to him anyway? When he mentioned his family, Arden felt the blood drain from his face. He was talking about the Strudwicks, and there was only one missing family member Arden even knew about it. 'Disowned for being a blood traitor' indeed. His uncle would disown someone for being a squib, too.

Arden hadn't realized that he was upset until he heard a book drop from loose fingers. He jumped, realizing that he'd been the one to drop it and glanced quickly around the shelves, wondering if he'd been heard. That'd be a wonderful way for his lost cousin to find him. Eavesdropping on an obviously touchy subject. It had to be as well. He'd never admit to being disowned for not having magic. But, that made no sense. Obviously Pancras had magic. Unless something had happened and there was a lot more to this story than what he had heard. His eyes narrowed, and he straightened. Well, he was going to talk to his cousin. That was all there was to it. Hamilton would try to stop him, but that was because he wasn't supposed to speak with the 'lessers'. He'd gotten that lecture, and promptly ignored it. After all, according to Hamilton's logic, Hamilton himself was one of the lessers. He walked out from behind the shelves towards Pancras and the other teen, noting he had been the one to stand with Pancras at the station. He coughed lightly into his hand, trying to draw their attention in a much more polite fashion than dropping a book. "Um, Pancras Strudwick?"

OOC:

Tell my mother,
                                                                Tell my father
                                                                I've done the best I can
                                                                To make them realize
                                                                This is my life
                                                                I hope they understand
                                                                I'm not angry, I'm just saying...
                                                                Sometimes goodbye is a second chance

Cara MiaKitty

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:11 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxHealing Section
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxJesse

spaceElliott knew that Jesse was trying to be helpful, but really, the Slytherin was sort of horrible at it. He frowned at his boyfriend, arching a brow and resting his chin on his fist. "Yes, Jesse, that's it. I'm in a poor mood and can't focus on my studies, best remind me of all the horrible shite you've gone through that I'm already having to spend every moment not obsessing over. That's the ticket," he said, rather bluntly. Compartmentalize, seriously? When in his life had he ever been capable of that? The only way he could ever manage to do something resembling that wasn't even actually compartmentalizing; it was finding something he could convince himself was more important to obsess over. But, at this exact moment, especially with Jesse having a better day than most (Elliott was rather pleased to have the Slytherin draping himself in his lap again, particularly since for once he wasn't a cat while doing it), there was nothing he could convince himself was more important than Jojo. Not even his bloody exams.

space"The only person I can ignore things for is you," he muttered, obviously annoyed. "The only time I can make myself not obsess and worry is when I have to take care of you." And it was true; he'd spent the vast majority of the past six or so months shoving his own feelings, his own fears, his own doubts, aside, so that he could look after his boyfriend. So that he could make sure that he was taken care of. But right now, Jesse wasn't the one who needed it, and the person who did, he couldn't help. So he felt useless, in spite of knowing that, if he were willing to completely ******** himself over, he could probably help Jojo. He sighed, shutting the textbook in defeat. This wasn't helping. He couldn't keep his mind distracted with a book. He needed something more... direct. Quizzing, maybe? If Jesse would help. Or he could just go practice on dummies in one of the spare classrooms, maybe.

spaceBefore he could voice either idea, though, a boy came out from behind one of the shelves, a first year. Elliott's eyes narrowed, recognizing the boy a second before he spoke as the one who'd shared Jesse's birth name. When the Slytherin used that name, he twitched, barely. God, he hated that ******** name. If he could, he swore, he'd erase all evidence and memory of it from existence. But, he didn't exactly have that ability, now did he? He'd settle for never having to ******** hear it again. The Ravenclaw's hand instinctively went to Jesse's, clasping it in case he was triggered by the name or something. Elliott never knew what was going to cause the redhead to break, but hearing some kid say That Name seemed like a reasonable thing to worry about. He barely resisted the urge to correct the kid; he didn't know if the boy was like Hamilton, after all. He didn't want to chase him away, not unless that was what Jesse wanted.

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Red Hot Missy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:54 pm
User Image
                                                                The ashes fell like snow
                                                                And the ground caved in

Where am I? Library
                                                                Who am I with? Elliott, Arden
                                                                What am I thinking? I must be really ******** up if Elliott's worrying more than I am right now...

Jesse's palm met his face as he heard his boyfriend tell him that his horrible childhood was the opposite of being helpful. That wasn't what he meant, and he knew that Elliott knew it too. He also new many different ways to distract Elli from his worries, but Jesse was unwilling to even attempt them. So really, he was being the opposite of helpful in this particular situation. But, he was trying to make the attempt, despite his horrible luck in doing so. That was about par for course with him though. "Sorry, I didn't mean it that way and you know it. I dunno, maybe remind yourself that right now people are looking for her? That's a lot better than her just slipping through the cracks, after all. I mean, I doubt her dad and Kenny would stop looking. Plus, she's got that auror friend, right? Mister Bennett? He's looking into it if I recall." He might be blowing smoke up his own arse, but he hadn't heard about anyone stopping looking for Jojo. She was in a lot better situation than he had been when he had originally been kidnapped by Paul.

At Elli's mention of him being the only person that he could ignore things for, Jesse felt a bit of warmth mixed in with some pragmatism. Sure, it was nice to hear, but there were times that Elliott had that single-minded determination that scared him at times. Like now, with Elliott saying he could compartmentalize things if it was to take care of Jesse. That made him slightly worried, but he shoved that thought aside for now and instead took a deep breath, about to suggest something to help, when he heard a slight cough behind him. Elli's eyes had narrowed, and Jesse turned around just long enough to see the dirty blond hair and green eyes of Arden Strudwick before the kid was addressing him by his birth name. He froze, his eyes going wide before he fought off the urge to let his face fall into its old habit of pureblood neutrality. Instead, Jesse frowned, the expression feeling more like him as he examined the kid in front of him.

"That's... That's not my name anymore. Please don't call me that again. What do you want, anyway?" He wasn't pleading, not yet, but he could feel tendrils of cold start creeping up his spine any time he ever thought about his old self, let alone someone acknowledge it. Hamilton never called him Pancras, had steadfastly refused to even acknowledge that he and Jesse were the same person, and Jesse had come to accept that his brother was forever going to hate him for something he had had no control over. He didn't even know this kid, only knew that Hamilton hounded him for some likely ridiculous reason. Probably because Hamilton was trying to be superior again. He felt Elliott's hand and gave it a squeeze back.

OOC:

Cara MiaKitty

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:33 pm
User Image
                                                                My eyes are open wide
                                                                And by the way,
                                                                By the way,
                                                                I'm leaving out today

Where am I? Library
                                                                Who am I with? Elliott, Jesse

Arden could tell that Pancras's... whatever he was probably didn't like him. That, he blamed firmly on his cousin. As it was, he merely looked from Pancras to the other boy, thinking this couldn't be more awkward than it was. However, he glanced around to make sure that Hamilton wasn't around before he decided to reply to... Okay, so Pancras didn't like the name Pancras anymore. He could deal with that. It certainly sounded more ridiculous than his own name. He'd never name a kid Pancras, after all. "Actually, I'm curious. You're certainly my cousin. At least I think you are. What happened between you and Uncle Hamnet? He won't say anything, other than you turned blood traitor. I'm not sure I believe that."

After all, he certainly could be termed a blood traitor. He had muggle sympathies, and saw nothing wrong with muggleborns. He just couldn't wrap his mind around the idea that his cousin was disowned for something stupid like that. Besides, he went by another name, which certainly indicated that there was a huge story there that wasn't being told. Everyone knew him as Jesse, and he'd never heard anyone call him Pancras at all. Add to that the fact that he'd met Hamilton numerous times in the past, but had never met Pancras, and there was certainly a story that no one was admitting to. He didn't like not knowing all the facts. It made him feel like everything was clouded in half-truths. Which certainly was a trait of Slytherin, sure. But it wasn't his personal trait. Manipulate things to his benefit, yes, but not lying. "Sorry if I sound like I'm prying, but no one tells me anything. I'm either too young, or it's not worth my time. If I'm supposed to be the heir to the family, then it is worth my time. Uncle Hamnet and Hamilton think I should just listen to them and go with what they say."

He shrugged, not knowing how best to explain his thought processes. He had to look at everything objectively, which meant that yes, he had to listen to all sides. Not just the side that screams the loudest. He doubted that any of his relations even thought that way, but he was hoping that some rational ideas would come through. He crossed his arms and settled down into a seat, ignoring the fact that there were other people in the library. After all, it wasn't like he was going to disrupt anyone, and he wasn't being put on trial. Except by Hamilton. Honestly, he could give a care less about the halfbreed mutt at this point. He wasn't talking to him. He was talking to Pancras, who should have been heir.

OOC:

Tell my mother,
                                                                Tell my father
                                                                I've done the best I can
                                                                To make them realize
                                                                This is my life
                                                                I hope they understand

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:32 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxHealing Section
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxJesse

spaceElliott simply nodded at Jesse, not bothering to point out that he'd already been telling himself that. It was the logical thing to tell himself, after all, so of course that was what he'd been doing to try and take his mind off of worrying about Jojo. But, the thing was, as many people as were looking for her, one more person wouldn't hurt, and there was never a moment that wouldn't be true. Coupled with the fact that, honestly, he was confident enough in himself to think that he'd be an asset in the situation (be it ego or truth, he didn't quite know), it was rather difficult to take 'people are looking for her' as a reason why he shouldn't also be. But Jesse was trying to help, and frankly, at the moment, he was just glad that the Slytherin's head seemed screwed on straight enough to bother, and to manage to make an attempt that, were he anyone but Elliott, probably would've worked.

spaceHe felt the way Jesse tensed at the use of his birth name, barely keeping his own expression controlled as he fought not to send the first year the coldest glare imaginable. Time seemed to hang in the air as he waited to see if his boyfriend would be triggered by hearing it, but the redhead seemed to remain calm. Still, his grip on Jesse's hand didn't relax, because there was no guarantee that he wasn't internally panicking. He twitched faintly at the implication that Jesse had been turned out for being a blood traitor, but remained silent. If he said anything, he'd probably end up swearing at a kid, which even he had the sense to know was not something you were supposed to do. So instead, he kept his mouth shut, figuring that Jesse could handle this, and if not, he'd get them both out of here. Hopefully without his having to flip out on a first year.

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Red Hot Missy

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:23 pm
User Image
                                                                The ashes fell like snow
                                                                And the ground caved in

Where am I? Library
                                                                Who am I with? Elliott, Arden

Jesse stared at the boy. He... didn't just ask what Jesse thought he did, did he? And wait, he was a blood traitor? He tried to reason through just why that would have happened, but gave it up as a useless gesture. His mother and father had never seen fit to actually care much for what he and Hamilton did with their lives, only that Jesse and Hamilton never disgraced the family. Only, he had, hadn't he? He'd run off when his father decided to try and fix him, and considering that the man had implanted a memory Jesse had never had before, it was very likely his version of 'fixing' Jesse would have involved rewriting everything in the Slytherin's mind. He didn't even know if his cousin even realized that, though, and of course if Jesse didn't conform to what Hamnet wanted, that meant that he was a blood traitor. "If I'm a blood traitor, then that would mean that I never even got a chance to be anything but." The words were bitter, and Jesse looked at Arden hard. It was true, though. Months of his father trying everything he could think of to make Jesse, no, Pancras show his magic, and all it ended with was a severe case of amnesia and a trip into hell.

He almost sneered at the fact that Arden stated he was heir to the family, and almost asked if Hamilton had too found himself on the wrong end of their father. He then paused, taking a breath and trying to calm down the thoughts roiling in his mind. Of course Hamilton probably found disfavor with their father. The way he'd been acting seemed more defensive, and less calculating. Hamilton tended to go out of his way to torment Jesse, and the end result was usually the same. This year however seemed to be mostly Hamilton-free, and coupled with his returned memories, Jesse doubted it boded well. "...I didn't show any magic until I was ten, but Father couldn't wait that long. He instead obliviated me and left me on the streets when I was seven. He decided last summer to try and drag me back, but failed. Only good it did was give me back my memories."

He then glanced at Arden, eyes perhaps harder than he wanted to be, but he never wanted to talk about his past. With good reason. His past was in his past, and he had to live with the memories of them every day. "I don't know what you're looking for, and if you were named heir, congratulations. If you can keep it longer than I did, then you're doing well. I'm not Pancras Strudwick, and I haven't been for a decade. My name's Jesse Calvert, and I'd prefer if people called me that." He clenched his jaw, wishing this conversation was over already. He didn't wish Arden ill, if nothing else, this was the most civil conversation he'd had with a member of his family since he was cast out years ago. It also wasn't a case of memories resurfacing that he didn't want to think about. He'd seen them all, turned them over and over in his head often enough that he was sure that he'd had his head straight enough to function. He just didn't think Arden knew how much Jesse hated to be reminded of everything he'd lost simply because he was a late bloomer.

OOC:

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:46 pm
User Image
                                                                My eyes are open wide
                                                                And by the way,
                                                                By the way,
                                                                I'm leaving out today

Where am I? Library
                                                                Who am I with? Elliott, Jesse

Arden blinked as he heard his cousin describe what had happened. His uncle did what? He admitted his uncle was awful, but how could he do something like that? Add to that, where was Aunt Josephine? Hadn't she protested this? His mouth opened and shut a few times, trying to absorb this information. However, it made a sick sort of sense. His uncle was obsessed with the family line continuing, and having nothing blemish it. Arden swallowed, already aware that he'd already seen part of the side of his uncle he didn't like. However, maybe he could survive it? Maybe his cousin was lying? Why would he lie, though? That was really the question. Pan-Jesse didn't have anything to gain from it, really. "He disowned you and wiped your memories? That's just... There's so many levels of wrong in that. He didn't do that with Hamilton, why would he do that to you? I mean, he didn't do that to Hamilton, and he was bitten by a werewolf."

As soon as he said it, he instantly wished he hadn't. It was one thing to warn people about his halfbreed cousin, but Jesse, he didn't need that information that he was related to a mutt. It was a stain on the family, yes, but his eldest cousin had been so far removed from their family that he didn't need to be burdened by it. From the look on his face, he could already guess what Jesse was going to do. "Look, just forget I said that. I mean, he's a halfbreed. I doubt that really anyone wants to know they're related to people like that. Especially with how he acts. He probably deserved it." As soon as those words left his mouth, his cousin's expression changed to one that was unreadable. Had he said something wrong? He didn't know Pancras, and he certainly didn't know Jesse. Maybe it was his imagination, but Jesse seemed to adopt the same expression that he'd seen on his uncle's face far too often. Especially when he was dealing with something unpleasant. "Maybe I shouldn't have said that. Look, I just know Hamilton from family dinners, and I didn't mean to make you upset. I mean, I didn't want to have a werewolf in the family either."

OOC:

Tell my mother,
                                                                Tell my father
                                                                I've done the best I can
                                                                To make them realize
                                                                This is my life
                                                                I hope they understand

Cara MiaKitty

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:16 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Rebecca Joanne Richardson
Slytherin Third Year
Half Blood Magic Enthusiast

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                                  Location : Library – Electives Section

Rebecca knew she was due to hit the library for her homework. So, heading there she went straight for the miscellaneous section. It was there she was able to find a book on healing. She also headed over to the specified magic section for a book in alchemy. She had far too much homework this far into the school year. Though she promised herself she wasn’t going to give her mother a reason to yell at her come the holidays. Granted that would require speaking to her which the women in fact hated.

Searching the shelves for the book she required, Rebecca bumped rather suddenly onto someone. “Sorry, I should have been watching where I was going.” She told the boy. By the looks of things, he was a Ravenclaw student, probably a year or two older then she was. “No problem,” He replied, it was hardly intentional. “What were you looking for?” He asked wonder if he could help. “I’ve got some homework in Alchemy to work on, so I thought their might be a book that could help with that.” She told him. “I see you’re dealing with law.”

“Yeah, I’ve got an assignment that’s due next week. Here’s what you’re looking for.” Finding the book, the older boy handed it to her as she thanked him. “How about you? Healing and Alchemy?” He asked curiously. “Assignments in both. I’m falling a bit behind with all these electives.” Rebecca shared. “So, you’re a third year then. Fourth year, name’s Afon Howells.” He greeted. “Rebecca Richardson. Does a fourth year have any tips for a third year?” She asked him while leaning on the book shelf. “Sure, time management is everything and study groups help a lot.”

Rebecca considered what Afon was suggesting. He seemed to know what he was talking about. “You sound like you’re speaking from experience.” She commented. “That’s because I am. I also know how demanding Alchemy can be.” He told her. “Really? You’re taking alchemy?” She questioned him. Afon nodded in response. “Maybe you wouldn’t mind lending me a hand sometime.” Rebecca said part of her felt like planting the seed. “I could help you now if you’d like.” He offered trying to be thoughtful. “Sure.”

*Exit Scene*

Company : Afon

Attire : Slytherin Uniform

OOC : - - -

Ah, child, it isn't you who are lacking, I promise
                                                  Your worth isn't measured by your house
                                                  And it isn't for your mother's sake that I tell you
                                                  Your cunning and determination will serve you quite well in
                                                  Slytherin!

The Library

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces