Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Library
Magical Creatures Section Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:49 pm
♫ Feeling: Curious
♫ Company: Remy.
♫ What I'm thinking: Might be useful.
♫ What am I doing; Looking for books.
♫ Dating:
Samuel Meridith.
User Image
♯ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭
Ȼɑɩȶɬɩη Єηɕεɬȿ

ɢɾӌғғɩηɗѳɾ
Ϩεϲѳηɗ Ӌεɑɾ Ȼʜɑsεɾ
♯ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭
"There is nothing more badass than being yourself."

Caitlin sighed, "If he gets mad, I'm going to tell him I was bit, I won't say by who, but I'll still tell him," She said and let her head fall onto the table. She chewed her lip, Caitin wouldn't let Sam be mad at her.

OOC:

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image
ﻉ√٥ﺎ

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:38 pm
A domesticated girl that's all you ask of me
Darling it is no joke, this is lycanthropy
The moon's awake now with eyes wide open
My body's craving, so feed the hungry.

I've been devoting myself to you Monday to Monday and Friday to Friday
Not getting enough retribution or decent incentives to keep me at it
I'm starting to feel just a little abused like a coffee machine in an office
So I'm gonna go somewhere cozy to get me a lover
And tell you all about it.

User Image
User Image
Single ~ Gryffindor ~ Third Year ~ Chaser ~ Werewolf

»-(¯`v´¯)

Remy put her hands on Caitlin's shoulders and gave her a very serious look. "Caitlin. No. No one is supposed to know. Gor, you aren't even supposed to know! You can NOT tell Sam!" she said, accidentally shouting. She looked Caitlin dead-on, her gold eyes full of fierce determination.

Wearing

»-(¯`v´¯)

Sitting across a bar, staring right at her prey
It's going well so far, she's gonna get her way
Nocturnal creatures are not so prudent
The moon's my teacher, and I'm her student.

To locate the single men, I got on me a special radar
And the fire department hotline in case I get in trouble later
Not looking for cute little divos or rich city guys that just want to enjoy
But having a very good time and behave very bad in the arms of a boy.

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:11 pm
User Image
I'm looking for a place
I'm searching for a face
Is anybody here I know
'Cause nothing's going right
And everything's a mess
And no one likes to be alone
Isn't anyone trying to find me?
Won't somebody come take me home?

𝑅ichard 𝐷rage
Third Year - Ravenclaw
—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

Rick entered the library and headed straight to the magical creatures section. He knew he wasn't crazy, that he had seen the creatures pulling the coaches at the beginning of the year. He was determined to prove that fact. Lore had seemed distrustful of his claim, though. He rubbed his face, trying to stay awake. The nightmares had woken him up again, and he was running on maybe a couple of hours of sleep at most. He knew he was in bad shape, too. His uncle had tried several times to ask him what was wrong, or even to get more than a grunt out of him, but what could he say? That he was slowly going crazy? They'd lock him away for sure, convinced that he was as mad as his... No. Not even going there.

It was around dinnertime when he finally found the information he was looking for. A skeletal creature, visible only to those who had seen death. Great, he'd seen four deaths. That must make him really attuned to seeing them. Shivering, he read on, his eyes absorbing as much information as his exhausted mind could take in. It was then that he ran across a bit of knowledge that he had never heard of. The thestrals, the creatures he was seeing, well, there was a large herd here at Hogwarts. He paused to think for a moment. If there were thestrals at Hogwarts, then it stood to reason that he could learn more about them by going to the Forbidden Forest. His mind wasn't registering the fact that he could get expelled, much less in trouble for his plan. In the exhausted teen's mind, it would prove he wasn't going as barmy as he thought he was. Giving the book one last look, he shut it, determined to find some.

----------------------------------
State: Exhausted
OOC: Exit to elsewhere.
----------------------------------

It's a damn cold night
Trying to figure out this life
Won't you take me by the hand?
Take me somewhere new
I don't know who you are
But I... I'm with you
I'm with you.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:16 pm
User Image*~Victor Beausoleil~*

Victor grinned as he got to the entrance of the library, he was panting though as he walked into the magical creatures section, this was so unsanitary.
They had to whisper in the library right? If so...he had to make sure he couldn't be too loud.

Victor then smiled, he would still allow Yesenia first choice, after all, they had to find out about the books, "Hm...I guess now to find the book...right Yesenia?"
He then eyed the rows of books, well...better to start now, right?

Mood: Happy
Thoughts: Oh..god..Is that a slight case of sweat? EW!
House: Hufflepuff
Year: One

((OOC: ))

TakaiOokami

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

TakaiOokami

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:28 pm
User Image
ᵞᵋᶳₑᶮᵢₐ ᶴᵤᶵᵣᵢᵡ

First Year ø Slytherin ø Muggleborn

"Music is easy and simple, you don't have to worry about things like betrayal."
Yesenia stuck her tounge out at Victor as they entered the library, fun enough it ended up being a tie. Not that she would admit that right away. When they entered it, though, they both tried to become like mice, only without all the scratching. Senia still felt rather noisy, though, with her trying to catch her breath and all. Yesenia nodded, already looking along the bookshelves. "Of course, that book won't find itself, ya know," she whispered back as she looked along the shelves for anything that might be what they were looking for. She saw several that looked interesting at first, but put them back when they turned out to be something else.
"But in life, your best friends can end up as your worst enemies."

[ooc:]
Beginning Guitar Bass the Rabbit Status

Squeeky Luff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:00 pm

Victor sighed as he kept looking through the shelves, there was a ton of books to go through, "Water..water..." He then smiled at the find themselves comment Yesenia made, "Wouldn't surprise me if that happened though..." He whispered with a soft giggle, "That'd be an interesting way to check out books~"

Victor's eyes then caught onto a book as he smiled, "Dreadful Denizens of the Deep?" He then pulled it down as he looked over to Yesenia, "See anything?"

He glanced at the cover of the book, opening it to the table of contents, just to see what was in it.
He glanced through the table of contents and smiled, "There seems to be stuff on mermaids in this..."

He then smiled as he held it up for her to see.

Mood: Intrigued
Thoughts: Hmm....

TakaiOokami

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

TakaiOokami

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:24 pm
User Image
ᵞᵋᶳₑᶮᵢₐ ᶴᵤᶵᵣᵢᵡ

"No, not yet..." Yesenia murmured as she looked into a book of teeth. Well, ok, animal... tracks, anything they left behind. She shut the book and put it up before she got too distracted. Focus, focus... "Did yo-" she started to ask and smirked when he held up a book. "Foiled again," she said chuckling.

[ooc:]

Squeeky Luff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:18 pm

Victor nodded as she pulled out a book, but then put it back. He then sighed, "Though...this book talks more about ocean mermaids..." He then blinked, "It does talk somewhat about...Grindylows?"

He then set the book down on a table, "Do you see any books on Grindylows?" Victor asked, "May as well cover all the bases~"
He then quieted down, ah right...library.

How embarrassing.

Mood: Embarrassed
Thoughts: Oh my...

TakaiOokami

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

TakaiOokami

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:48 pm
User Image
ᵞᵋᶳₑᶮᵢₐ ᶴᵤᶵᵣᵢᵡ

"Hmm... " Yesenia said, pulling out a bestiary from the shelf. "Here," she whispered, handing him the book, open to a certain page. She grinned as he got excited, she wasn't the only one who librarians got onto the case of, it seemed.

[ooc: Alright, so I cheated. : p]

Squeeky Luff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:17 pm

Victor blinked as he politely took the book and looked on the page about Grindylows, "So they grab things...have sharp teeth...There are some in the lake, kept as pets..." He frowned, "So was the stick grabbed and bit by that?"

That was...disheartening, "From the way they are described, they seem quite mean." He sighed, "This was a good find Yesenia~"

Victor then handed the book back to her, "Well...shall we go to a table?" He then smiled, "To learn more? Maybe even see if there is a way to...see these creatures?"
His eyes then glinted again, with that mischievous look.

Thoughts: Well...So it wasn't a merperson? Darn...

((OOC: XD I don't mind~ ))

TakaiOokami

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

TakaiOokami

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:30 pm
User Image
ᵞᵋᶳₑᶮᵢₐ ᶴᵤᶵᵣᵢᵡ

Yesenia shrugged. "I still think it's a pretty neat find," she whispered as Victor voiced his disappointment. It was better than realizing it was eaten by a crocodile or something. "Thanks, but so was that book you found earlier," she told him. She nodded as he suggested to go to a table. "Sure, let's go," she grinned. If they could somehow see this creature out of the water... even if it was from a distance. Of course, the teachers probably wouldn't like that, but this was for the sake of discovery, a totally different matter altogether.

[ooc: ]

Squeeky Luff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:08 pm

Victor nodded, "Yeah...It is." He then sighed, "I just wish it was merpeople..."
He then started to grab a couple more books, including one on the Black Lake.

He then smiled as he started to head off to the area with the desks, that sort of looked like a place students would sit at, "...Seeing one though, that would be awesome~" He then grinned, "I guess...a creature like that, is still a creature. even if not one I was hoping for."

He then winced as he was carrying the books with his hand that got injured, "Well to the study area~"

Victor then giggled, "Yesenia, Watson and I shall find these things~"

Thoughts: What I would give to meet something so...odd.

((OOC: Exiting to Study Area~))

TakaiOokami

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

TakaiOokami

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:57 pm
User Image
ᵞᵋᶳₑᶮᵢₐ ᶴᵤᶵᵣᵢᵡ

Yesenia raised an eyebrow. "What would merpeople want with a stick, though? They could probably find one without eating one that happens to be swirling in the water," she pointed out. Senia grabbed a couple of books as well, and followed Victor to the tables. "That's the spirit!" she whispered, patting Victor on the back as they walked toward the desks.

[ooc: ]

Squeeky Luff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:50 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Library (Front Desk -> Magical Creatures Section)

David found his way over to the section the librarian sent him in. It wasn't hard to find the place like she had said. Once he got there he scanned the shelves for anything on ghosts. All he seemed to run into was books on ghouls which seemed to be a hot topic. So much for having any luck with this... However he did stop to skim the information on ghouls thinking it would come in handy come class discussion.

(end scene)

Status: Happy... maybe I can use this time to my advantage.
With: No one

Wearing: Uniform

OOC: ---

You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart;

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Damsel Dis

Adorable Fatcat

7,175 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:08 am
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ωнєяє libraryxx
ωιтн nonexx
fєєℓιиg thrilledxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Pippa had a free period, FINALLY. It had seemed like it had been ages since she had had any free time to herself. So, naturally, she had found her way to the beautiful and expansive library that Hogwarts had to offer. Her eyes hungrily drank in each row, each column, each book as if she'd never see them again. However, after locating the section she desired above all else, Magical Creatures, Pippa dove right in. She had great aspirations for working in that field once she was older, and within the Ministry of Magic at that!

After grabbing a half a dozen books on centaurs, as well as hippogriffs for they interested her, Pippa sat down quietly near the front. Cracking open the first book, "Centaurs Aid" by Povery Nimcrank, the first year was thoroughly entranced. The book itself also seemed to be ancient (at leas to the little eleven year old) with yellowed, musty pages, and that 'worn' feel to it. Pippa could already tell she would be in love with this book.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          συт σf ¢нαяα¢тєя
                                                          Feel free to interact!
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Library

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces