Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Library
History Section Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:58 pm
History Section

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

━━━━━
This is the History Section. Here you will find books regarding the history of the wizarding world. From famous wizards to medieval sorcery, this section is sure to quench your historical thirst. Below is a list of the books in stock sorted by subject.

━━━━━

Historical Magic

· An Anthology of Eighteenth Century Charms ·
· A Guide to Medieval Sorcery ·
· Olde and Forgotten Bewitchments and Charmes by E. Limus·

Historical Figures of the Wizarding World

· Great Wizards of the Twentieth Century ·
· Nature's Nobility: A Wizarding Genealogy ·
· Notable Magical Names of Our Time ·
· The Rise and Fall of the Dark Arts ·
· Prefects Who Gained Power ·

Historical Sites & Modern Mythology

· Hogwarts, A History ·
· Sites of Historical Sorcery ·
· World Mythology ·

Wizarding Biographies & Autobiographies

· Armando Dippet: Master or Moron? by Rita Skeeter ·
· He Flew Like a Madman by Kennilworthy Whisp ·
· The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore by Rita Skeeter ·
· Magical Me by Gilderoy Lockhart ·
· My Life as a Muggle by Daisy Hookum ·
· Snape: Scoundrel or Saint? by Rita Skeeter ·
· Biography of Harry Potter by Rita Skeeter ·
· Harry Potter's Life and the Second Wizarding War: Volumes I-VII ·

Contemporary History

· Great Wizarding Events of the Twentieth Century ·
· Important Modern Magical Discoveries ·
· Modern Magical History ·
· A Study of Recent Developments in Wizardry ·

Books from Harry Potter Wiki

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:33 pm
User Image
♛═━┈☆┈━═♛
Erik Meridith

Third Year Ravenclaw
♛═━┈☆┈━═♛

✔Age: Thirteen
✔Mood: Smitten
✔Status: With Verily McHalen.

Erik led her into the history section of the dark library. "This is the least used section in the library. We should be alone here," he said with a smile. Turning, he put his arm around Ver. "So you, uh, you really want... you really want to be my girlfriend?" he asked, stumbling over most of the words.

Out Of Character: ...

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:19 pm
Sweet dreams are made of these
Who am I to disagree?
Travel the world and the seven seas
Everybody's looking for something

VERILY DAWN MCHALEN

Wearing

|||With Erik Meredith|||Ravenclaw Beater|||Pureblood|||Second Year|||

User Image
Ver looked around the dark library as they walked in together. She followed Erik quietly. She was a Ravenclaw, but she actually rarely spent time in the library, so she let him lead the way. His arms wrapped around her and she responded in kind, giggling just slightly at his question. "No... I just told you I did because I'm cruel and cold-hearted." She replied sarcastically, before leaning up on tiptoes to kiss his cheek. "Of course I really... I really want to be your girlfriend...." She whispered ever so quietly. It was cute how he stumbled over his words. She was glad to know she wasn't the only one that did often." Certainly. Definitely. Absolutely."
OOC:...

Love interest: Erik maybe? yes? I think... Most definitely

Some of them want to use you
Some of them want to get used by you
Some of them want to abuse you
Some of them want to be abused

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:06 pm
User Image
♛═━┈☆┈━═♛
Erik Meridith

Third Year Ravenclaw
♛═━┈☆┈━═♛

He blushed when she said she really wanted to be his girlfriend and smiled when she said 'Certainly. Definitely. Absolutely.' "Good," he said, a shy smile creeping back. "Cause I really hoped you would." He leaned forward and kissed her.

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:23 pm
Who am I to disagree?

VERILY DAWN MCHALEN

Wearing

User Image
Ver kissed his cheek again when he blushed. She smiled at his response and wrapped her arms around his neck. Kissing him was definitely quickly working its way up to one of her favourite things to do, even if it made her stomach twist in knots and do flips and twirls.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:31 pm
User Image
♛═━┈☆┈━═♛
Erik Meridith

Third Year Ravenclaw
♛═━┈☆┈━═♛

When she slipped her arms around his neck, he held her tighter against him. They kissed and Erik felt turns in his stomach. He pulled his lips from hers and kissed her nose. "You are... fantastic. Beautiful. Amazing."

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:38 am
Who am I to disagree?

VERILY DAWN MCHALEN

Wearing

User Image
Ver blushed once agaion when he complimented her and kissed her nose. She buried he face in his shoulder, not wanting him to see her blushing again. She did it much to often in her opinion. "T-thanks." She mumbled, stuttering just slightly, her voice muffled by his shoulder.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:58 pm
User Image
♛═━┈☆┈━═♛
Erik Meridith

Third Year Ravenclaw
♛═━┈☆┈━═♛

Erik smiled and chuckled when Verily buried her face in his shoulder. He held her tight against him, in heaven in this moment. However, he sighed "We should probably get back to the common room. Merlin only knows what my brother and your cousin would think if we were gone for too long."

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:09 pm
Who am I to disagree?

VERILY DAWN MCHALEN

Wearing

User Image
Verily giggled quietly when he held her tightly. She could have stood there forever, but she knew he was right, so she gently moved away from him and intertwined their fingers. "I don't want to know what your brother is doing. My cousin... she probably hasn't noticed." Ver whispered and looked towards the door of the library.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:20 pm

𝕯ominic 𝕸ontague
𝔖𝔩𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯i𝔫 𝔓𝔲𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡
Third Year, 𝔅eater
User Image

For the past several days, or, maybe it’d been weeks? Dominic honestly couldn’t remember how many early morning work-outs he’d skipped out on just to huddle himself in the library. He felt weird, now, huddled between all of these history books, but he felt worse, the first day he’d ever come to the library in the three years he’d gone to this school. He was furious, he bit down on his tongue as he swiped past another page of his book and tried to read while he was lost in thought. She’d just beaten him in a duel, yes, but she’d—he sighed.

Dominic rubbed his temples as he placed down ‘A Study of Recent Developments in Wizardry,’ and glanced idly at ‘Nature’s Nobility: A Wizarding Genealogy,’ for hope for inspiration for the secrets he’d hoped to find.

Blood, why the hell was it so important to hide it’s impurities away anyway? And why in Circe did it matter if it was pure if all of these muggleborns in these books were so important still anyway? It was as if everything he’d ever been told in his entire life had been a lie, but why?

╔═══════════════════╗
Height: 5’7” ☣ Weight: 159lbs ☣ Age: 13
Table at the History Section

╚═══════════════════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:24 am
Chloe Clarisse
Hufflepuff
Third Year

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Library - History section

Chloe woke up early before her Herbology class. Having hardly anything to do, she decided to head up to the library. It was a long way up four floors later and she was in the library. Heading straight for the history section this was one of the place’s Chloe spent most of her time. She had read just about every book in the history section but there were a few that she would gladly reread throughout her time at Hogwarts.

Scanning the book selection Chloe pulled out a book on World Mythology. Taking a seat at the nearest table she opened it and began reading. Becoming absorbed as she read about the myths of the world both muggle and magical alike she couldn’t believe there was a better way to spend her morning. Maybe she’d sign it out and that way she could read it in her spare time. That was questionable she could always come back if she was really that curious.

With: No one

List of Knowledge: Progress

OOC: ---
User Image
Whiskers the Cat

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:11 pm
User Image
User Image

Now where did I put that wand?

Grayson sat in the back of the History section, his feet propped up on a desk and a book open before him. He'd been absorbed in it for quite some time, actually. Fascinating, simply intriguing to read. Apparently the woman that wrote Magic Through A Muggle's Eyes had gone through and painstakingly outlined just why muggles and magic didn't get along, but being muggle-born himself and seeing firsthand what some muggles thought about magic, he was inclined to disagree with her views on several points. Specifically on some of the intricacies of medicine in history and magical remedies. He was no Mediwitch by any standard, but he did recognize that some muggle ideas were probably better than their magical counterpart. Specifically when it came to cancer and such. Muggles had to deal with different ailments than Wizards did, after all. He continued to read, surrounded by the smell he loved and the quietness of the library.

----------------------------------
State: Reading
OOC: ...

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:18 pm
User Image
Amata Harlowe
Mythology Professor // Former Gryffindor // Wearing in the Libraryspace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing // lovingspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Grayson Powellspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Pleasantspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'They have a copy of Mum's book here? How did I not know that?' spacespac

═════════════════════════════════

Amata approached the history section of the library, humming a light tune, her eyes scanning the books on the shelves when she noticed another professor sitting at the table, reading a book with a very familiar cover. Her eyes went wide. She hadn't even known that the school's library had a copy of her mom's book, one of her earlier books, written around the time Amata had left school. It was a bit outdated, after all. Amata chuckled when she noticed the expression on his face, incredulous, and smiled. "Enjoying your reading?" she asked, and then realized that the man was the same one who'd been too absorbed in his book to converse at the Welcoming feast. She waited a moment, figuring he'd probably ignore the question, or perhaps offer a short, non-conversational answer, but not wanting to be rude and completely ignore him in case he did, in fact, respond. She waited, a pleasantly amused expression on her face.

(( OOC: ))

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:28 pm
User Image
User Image

Now where did I put that wand?

Grayson looked up. The silence had been disturbed, and he wasn't used to that happening around him. Most students avoided talking in the library when he was around, anyway. Blinking, he recognized the woman as the one that thought that she had missed the sorting. Well now. He lowered the book a bit, thinking. "Well, it certainly is interesting. I don't know if you've read it or not, but I just discovered it in the library and decided to give it a read myself. I'm surprised I didn't find it earlier. I thought I read through this entire section, actually."

State: Reading
OOC: ...

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:33 pm
User Image
Amata Harlowe
Mythology Professor // Former Gryffindor // Wearing in the Libraryspace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing // lovingspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Grayson Powellspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Pleasantspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'They have a copy of Mum's book here? How did I not know that?' spacespac

Amata laughed a little, the sound akin to that of tinkling bells. She'd read the book so many times, she had it pretty much memorized. She'd had to edit the bloody thing! It'd actually been the first book she had edited for her mother. She wasn't overly fond of it. Her mother's publisher had rushed them both on it, so it wasn't very detailed, or overly well researched. "I'm all too familiar with it, actually. But, from your tone, I take you're not finding the author's views in line with your own?" She'd considered telling him that her mother had written it, but decided not to. She wanted to know what he really thought, after all, and finding out that she was the author's daughter tended to lead people to censoring their words. She didn't personally like it much, but people always seemed to think she'd be offended if they didn't. She took a seat across from the professor, leaning her cheek on her hand.

(( OOC: ))

The Library

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas