Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Library
History Section Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Forks Anonymous

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:10 pm
User Image
CLAIRExx HALL
3ʀᴅ ʏᴇᴀʀxxxxʜᴜғғʟᴇᴘᴜғғ

ωᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ᴘʟᴀʏ ɪᴛ sᴀғᴇ, ᴏʀ ᴘʟᴀʏ ɪᴛ ᴄᴏᴏʟ________________________
________________________ƒơʅʅơɯ ƭɦє Ł£ΛƊ£Ŕ, σŗ ɱąҡε ųþ ąℓℓ ŧɧε ŔŪŁ£Ş,
ʷʰᵃᵗᵉᵛᵉʳ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵃᶰᵗ, тнε cнσıcε ıƨ чσυяƨ,_________________________
____________________________sᴏ ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ

ttire: [x]
xxood: Learning
xxxxocation: History Section
xxxxxxompanions: Uriel

Claire was impressed, and it was showing on her face. Uriel really did know his stuff, or so it seemed. Jotting down notes as she went, Claire listened intently to what her classmate was telling her about Flamel and its relation to Dark Wizards. "I would hate to live that long... I wouldn't be doing anything useful with all that time, I just know it." She admitted, chuckling softly. Six hundred years... Claire couldn't think what she would do with all that time. "Must have been romantic though, for Flamel and his wife, being together for over six hundred years... but for all that trouble it caused in the end maybe it wasn't worth it after all."

With a sigh, Claire turned her attention to the book, hardly noticing that Uriel had been staring at her, though when she did look up to him Claire couldn't help but to notice the boy was flushed. Deciding it was better not to comment on it, Claire flipped a page of her textbook and giggled at his words. "No, no, you have a point. I love how magical beings are always portrayed as being the more intelligent ones when in reality we're all just the same... and you hear it on the news all the time, all the dumb things people do." She said, grinning at the thought of it. "It's what makes our lives... I don't know... less dull and repetitive, a nice change every once in a while. I swear, I could spend hours on end surfing youtube for those funny videos. It kind of makes me sad that technology doesn't work on school grounds."

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:43 am
Manage me, I'm a mess
Turn a page, I'm a book
Half unread
I just wanna be laughed at, laughed with
Just because I wanna feel weightless
And that should be enough
But I'm stuck in this stupid rut
Waiting on a second hand pick me up

User Image
Uriel Adair Scott
- Muggleborn - Third Year - Hufflepuff -
[feeling: calm] [thinking: this looks interesting...] [with: Claire] [at: Library]

Uriel blinked a little at her actually taking notes while he sort of lectured. Well... He kind of felt like a professor now, but at least she was learning something new, right? "I dunno.." he said somewhat cynically. "After six hundred years, I might get sick of someone." Cue flushing even more. "I mean... I'm sure it was very romantic..." he muttered. Oh Merlin. Maybe he just shouldn't talk.

He shrugged. "You should hear my mum complain about all the stupid injuries that people come into the hospital with. All because they were trying to jinx their friend or something. At least in muggle hospitals no one comes in with an injury from a biting door knob or something." The blond boy almost smirked, well as much as any Hufflepuff could smirk. Then he looked confused. "What's... youtube?" he asked. They did have a computer and a television, but he barely watched either. The computer was mostly for his father, in case something came up with work. "It's on the internet, right?"

"My mum's kind of paranoid about letting any of us online... My siblings might traumatize the internet," he joked. Yes, joking was good. Joking was better than awkward blushing and creepy staring. Much better.

I don't wanna dream anymore.

Forks Anonymous

I'm over, getting older
Maybe it's not my weekend
But it's gonna be my year
And I'm so sick of watching
While the minutes pass and I go nowhere
And this is my reaction to everything I fear
'Cause I've been going crazy
I don't want to waste another minute here

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:40 pm
User ImageUser Image

xxxxxxx_________________________________________

xxxxxxxx Observer || First Year || Muggleborn || Single

Cathaoir wandered about the library aisles. Shelves upon shelves of books containing spells and potions. But how was any of this possible? The Ravenclaw was determined to find out. Today he was looking over poteintail origins to magic. Old leather bound dust coated books on wizarding history. They surely would have some clues now wouldn't they?

"A Guide to Medieval Sorcery? Could be helpful." he said as he pulled the dusty book from the shelf. Another nearby soon followed and he carried a stack of four heavy leather bound books. "Hogwarts, A History? Sounds like a really good source." he said as he reached up and placed the new book on top of the others, unfortunately pushing up a plume of dust into his face. Oh no. thought the blond boy as his nose began to tickle. "A--ahh--ACHOO!" and so went his armful of books and a loud series of thuds and even more dust thrown into the air. A second sneeze soon followed, leaving the boy a little dizzy for a moment.

King Beardly
Levi Gamble
anbu_ninja_penguin
Dermot Killough
Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:25 pm
They're selling postcards of the hanging,
When they're painting the passports brown,
Yeah, the beauty parlor's filled with sailors,
The circus is in town,

User Image

User Image

First year ║ Gryffindor ║ Muggleborn

Levi had been perusing through the library in his spare time recently. He did enjoy reading, but he wouldn't have said that it was his all-time favorite thing to do. But with the castle being a whole new place, with totally different reading material, it was impossible to resist. He had been reading through a history book, and a man named Harry Potter, who was supposedly a very important person in the wizarding world. It was kinda interesting, if he was being honest. He had never heard of anything like that in his history classes back home. They only talked about old, dead people forming countries.

After perusing through the pages for a bit, he sat back, closing the book and pushing it across the table for now. He sighed out, deciding that was enough reading for now. Suddenly a loud sneeze rang out close to him, making him jump. He looked around to see a blonde boy around his age looking through books. Wasn't he a first year too? Ravenclaw, Levi remembered. "Um, gesundheit," he said with a light smile. It was only polite, after all.

OOC:

Sir Spazalots
anbu_ninja_penguin

And the riot squad, they're restless,
They need somewhere to go,
As Lady and I look out tonight,
From Desolation Row.

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:04 pm
User ImageUser Image

xxxxxxxx Observer || First Year || Muggleborn || Single

Cathaoir was collecting the books that scattered when he sneezed when he heard a voice. Looking up Cath saw a boy from his brother's house. "Thank you! I'm sorry. Some of these books are a little dusty." he said with a nervous smile. "I'm Cathaoir. People call me Cath, I'm a Ravenclaw First year." he said as he lugged the books to a nearby stand with a chair.

Setting the books up and looking around at them, his eyes studying and book. "I've never heard of Magic before. This whole world is strange, but so much to learn and so much there could be." he said with a smile before glancing back up at the boy who approached him. Oops! Forgot he was there... he thought. "Sorry! I'm just wondering how much you know about this? There seems to be people from various backgrounds and a mixture of information in my year's dorm alone." he said with a curious look.

King Beardly
Levi Gamble
anbu_ninja_penguin
Dermot Killough
Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:52 pm
They're selling postcards of the hanging,
When they're painting the passports brown,
Yeah, the beauty parlor's filled with sailors,
The circus is in town,

User Image

User Image

First year ║ Gryffindor ║ Muggleborn

He nodded and grinned lightly, trying to make out what the books he was looking at said, but to no avail. "Yeah they are. I've never seen books as old as these, honestly." And they sure were old. Like, hundreds of years old. It made him wonder how long this whole magic thing had been around. Maybe as long as human civilization. It wouldn't surprise him.

"I've never heard of magic before either. Well, until last summer. Guess I was something called a Muggle before then. But you know, it's almost like getting accustomed to a whole new world. It is a whole new world, really. For me, at least." Judging by some of his classes, many of the other students in this school who grew up surrounded by magic knew absolutely nothing about the Muggle world. He even remembered hearing about a class about Muggles. Muggle Studies, if he remembered correctly.

OOC:

Sir Spazalots

And the riot squad, they're restless,
They need somewhere to go,
As Lady and I look out tonight,
From Desolation Row.

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:24 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Sıиgłe
                                                          Looking Modest in the Library, History Section with - - -
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Curious
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ There's got to be something here that explains it... ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

síck σf αll thєsє pєσplє t α l k í n g , síck σf αll thís n σ í s є ◊ ◊ ◊xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          tírєd σf αll thєsє cαmєrαs f l α s h í n g , síck σf в є í n g p σ í s є d ◊ ◊ ◊xxxxxxxxx
                                                          tírєd σf αll thєsє cαmєrαs f l α s h í n g , síck σf в є í n g p σ í s є d ◊ ◊ ◊xxxxxx
                                                          tírєd σf αll thєsє cαmєrαs f l α s h í n g , síck σf в є í n g p σ í s є d ◊ ◊ ◊xxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceLori's eyes were narrowed as she eyed the offerings of the history section, thus far not seeing anything of note. Nothing that seemed to go far back enough to even have a chance at answering her questions. You'd think that a school which dated back a thousand years would keep better historical records, she mused, somewhat aggravated. But, as best she could tell, nothing seemed to pre-date the founder's era, which was incredibly frustrating. By the time Hogwarts had come into being, magic had long since been a simple fact of life for these people, and she had already learned that, when magic was a given in your life, you didn't really question it. She still wanted to know where it'd come from, though. How it worked. How could these people use it for everything and not ever question how it worked? Muggles didn't do that! They'd studied the very air they breathed to understand how it kept them alive and why they needed it. Wizards seemed to lack that innate curiosity she'd always assumed was simply part of human nature, which completely threw off her theory regarding that. Why didn't they ask questions? Or, important ones, anyway. They didn't progress very much, either, she'd noted, with some disdain. It was driving her absolutely mad... Of course, she might've had an easier time with her search if she knew the library's organizational system better, since she was pretty much lost at the moment. She sighed, crossing her arms, eyes flicking towards the restricted section. Probably the only section of the library she'd dedicated much time to, due to the challenge of getting in and not getting caught. Perhaps she should have focused more on the rest of the library, as well...

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx◊ ◊ ◊ í'm hєαdєd strαíght fσr thє c α s t l є , thєч wαnnα mαkє mє thєír q u є є n
                                                          xxxxxx◊ ◊ ◊ αnd thєrє's αn σld mαn síttíng σn thє thrσnє thαt's sαчíng thαt í prσвαвlч shσuldn't вє sσ mєαn
                                                          xxxxxxxxx◊ ◊ ◊ í'm hєαdєd strαíght fσr thє c α s t l є , thєч'vє gσt thє kíngdσm l σ c k є d u p
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx◊ ◊ ◊ αnd thєrє's αn σld mαn síttíng σn thє thrσnє thαt's sαчíng í shσuld prσвαвlч kєєp mч prєttч mσuth shut

User Image

(( OOC: ))

stitchkin babe

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:49 pm
                          User Image
                          Cara MiaKitty

【 LOCATION 】 library x 【 MOOD 】 curious x 【 COMPANY 】 lorelei x 【 CLOTHING 】 isn't it funny?

Sybil continued her usual routine of wandering through the library, picking out a book here and there before slipping it back into place. Boring... Boring... Boring... I already read this... She sighed. She was in the mood to actually read something, not just skim pages and pretend she knew about what she was looking at, but it wasn't particularly easy. She knew the library like the back of her hand, but she couldn't seem to remember the few books she'd taken note of lately. She soon found herself in the history section - a section she didn't tend to frequent, but she knew it well. Sybil was sent there more than once to fetch some book for Lexine, so she'd learned what was what and where to find it. She almost turned back until she caught sight of a familiar Slytherin, Lorelei. Sybil didn't talk to the girl often, but she knew of her. They were in the same year, after all, and many of the same classes. Sybil walked up beside her, peered up at the books, then spoke. "Looking for anything in particular, Lorelei?" She glanced over at the girl for a moment before looking back up to the shelves. She caught a glimpse of a book she'd been recommended. Something she'd actually be interested in. She pulled it out and tried reading a few passages.

User Image

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:42 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Sıиgłe
                                                          Looking Modest in the Library, History Section with Sybil
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Curious
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ There's got to be something here that explains it... ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

síck σf αll thєsє pєσplє t α l k í n g , síck σf αll thís n σ í s є ◊ ◊ ◊xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          tírєd σf αll thєsє cαmєrαs f l α s h í n g , síck σf в є í n g p σ í s є d ◊ ◊ ◊xxxxxxxxx
                                                          tírєd σf αll thєsє cαmєrαs f l α s h í n g , síck σf в є í n g p σ í s є d ◊ ◊ ◊xxxxxx
                                                          tírєd σf αll thєsє cαmєrαs f l α s h í n g , síck σf в є í n g p σ í s є d ◊ ◊ ◊xxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceLori had heard the approach of footsteps, but not really paid it any mind. She was too focused on the task at hand, or rather, her aggravation at the task at hand, and besides, it was unlikely to be anything she needed to concern herself with. After all, if Gia had been available to join her, she would have, and the Slytherin doubted very highly if Tristan would be lurking about the history section of the library. She didn't hear the question at first, not registering another's voice beyond it being background noise until her name was spoken. She blinked oddly, turning her attention from the books to the girl, a classmate of hers. "It would depend on what you mean by 'particular,'" she said with a small shrug and a wry smile. "I don't have a specific title in mind, but my subject matter is rather exact. I was hoping to find something dating back to before the school was founded... Preferably by a significant margin. I find that History of Magic is something of a misnomer, the name of the lesson, I mean. It doesn't really discuss the history of magic itself at all, just that of magical people and creatures..." She trailed off, blushing a bit. She was probably being a bit too critical with her definition of the lesson's subject matter and its relation to the name. But, given her interest in the history of actual magic, and not just the people who have it, the lack of discussion she'd found on it was somewhat frustrating. She'd rather hoped to find some written history on some study of magic itself. Obviously she was willing to admit that it might simply be inherent, something that had always been around, but that didn't explain how wizards had learned to actually use it. Muggles were fascinated by the study of their ancestors, the discovery of tools and knowledge. The fact that wizards seemed to lack that confused her. And annoyed her.

spaceThe brunette realized that she'd been ranting, just a little bit, and frowned, shifting uncomfortably. She generally tried to keep her annoyance to herself. She didn't want to offend any of her pure-or-halfblood classmates by implying that they were defective or something. The lack of curiosity was odd, certainly, and frustrating for her, but she didn't necessarily think that was the fault of her peers... Their ancestors, maybe, for creating a culture of not questioning or studying. But, then, she supposed she might be being unfair. "Uh, I'm sorry," she apologized sheepishly. "I just haven't had much luck, and I'm finding it somewhat frustrating. I'm interested in the study of magic as a whole, how it works and is best utilized, and I thought to start at the earliest source possible, but all the earliest sources I've found already take it as a simple fact and don't really... question it. I... I'm muggleborn, so I would like some explanation for how things work, but there doesn't seem to be one." She admitted that some of her desire to find this information was that she couldn't help but think that magic would come more easily to her once she had some idea of how it worked. You couldn't properly utilize a resource if you didn't understand it, after all. People didn't simply build robots without knowing how the parts went together, you couldn't perform surgery without knowing your tools and the human body, and you had to know just the right procedure to bake a perfect souffle. Her lessons gave her trouble because she didn't understand what she was supposed to be doing, exactly, and her magic was lackluster as a result. The only wandwork she had any real skill at was Transfiguration, which she largely attributed to being given a scientific-seeming formula on how it worked. Even that was still a bit difficult, since it required you to give exact values to abstract concepts, but at least it was a start.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx◊ ◊ ◊ í'm hєαdєd strαíght fσr thє c α s t l є , thєч wαnnα mαkє mє thєír q u є є n
                                                          xxxxxx◊ ◊ ◊ αnd thєrє's αn σld mαn síttíng σn thє thrσnє thαt's sαчíng thαt í prσвαвlч shσuldn't вє sσ mєαn
                                                          xxxxxxxxx◊ ◊ ◊ í'm hєαdєd strαíght fσr thє c α s t l є , thєч'vє gσt thє kíngdσm l σ c k є d u p
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx◊ ◊ ◊ αnd thєrє's αn σld mαn síttíng σn thє thrσnє thαt's sαчíng í shσuld prσвαвlч kєєp mч prєttч mσuth shut

User Image

(( OOC: ))

stitchkin babe

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:59 pm
                          User Image
                          Cara MiaKitty

【 LOCATION 】 library x 【 MOOD 】 curious x 【 COMPANY 】 lorelei x 【 CLOTHING 】 isn't it funny?

Sybil continued flipping through a few pages, finally finding the book boring, and popped it back into place. Sometimes recommendations weren't always the best. She turned to look at Lorelei, raising her eyebrows at the Slytherin - she seemed rather bitter on the subject. Sybil understood, however. "I'm not offended." Sybil stated. She wasn't quite sure what would've lead Lorelei to believe otherwise, but didn't mind the consideration. "I get it, thought. Halfbloods and Purebloods don't often question how magic came to be - my father comes from a Pureblooded family, and my mother from a pair of Muggles. Had the best of both worlds, I suppose. Anyway, I believe it's only natural to question things that seem unnatural." She murmured, turning her attention back to the shelves in front of her. "Personally, I've never questioned it much. Been a fact of life for me since I was little, as soon as I started showing signs. I can't imagine what it's like to get magical abilities and then not know what to do with them...not know where they came from." Sybil paused on a spine for a moment, reading the title. She tilted her head then, immediately disinterested, went on searching. "As for the book you're looking for, I can't be sure where that would be. I'm not really sure if one exists. I mean, as you've noticed, most wizards take magic as a simple fact. Wizards have magic. If I'm correct in remembering, however, there's a gene. That gene signifies whether or not one's a wizard." Sybil lifted her finger from the book she was on, trying to remember what her father had told her about this. "Where the trait comes from, I'm not sure. But if you're questioning why you're a wizard, it's rather simple." Sybil turned her head to face Lorelei, staring at the girl blankly. "There's a Squib somewhere in your bloodline. Other than that, well..." Sybil frowned, turned back to the bookshelf, frowned deeper. "I don't know this section of the library well enough. It's one of few I don't frequent. Have you considered asking a librarian?" She asked, turning pale eyes on the Slytherin. Sybil felt a little bad she couldn't help Lorelei out, she rarely visited the history section, however, as history certainly wasn't her strong-suit. Therefore, Sybil tended to ignore it. The most she knew was what little her parents talked about it. Maybe she should've listened to Lexine more often? She may have known something about this. Sybil tried thinking back on her conversations with her older sister, but she couldn't remember her saying anything about the origins of magic.

User Image

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:06 pm
User ImageUser Image

𝔖𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔥 𝔜𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔊𝔯𝑦𝔣𝔣𝔦𝔫𝔡𝔬𝔯𝓒𝔥𝔞𝔰𝔢𝔯
𝔓𝔯𝔢𝔣𝔢𝔠𝔱𝓗𝔢𝔞𝔡 𝔅𝔬𝑦𝓒𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔞𝔦𝔫

Gid had spent the entire year planning his time. Normally, he never bothered with planning, but this year, he didn't have that luxury. Between Prefect duties (now doubled as Head Boy!), Quidditch practices, NEWT studies, spending time with Rhys and Jazzy (and everyone else), classes... and making sure he ate and slept, he found himself out of time all the time. It didn't help that he was being sneaky to take his painkillers, which doubled as his ability to push through the days. He was pretty sure no one had even noticed that he'd been taking medicine!

Arriving at the Library, the Gryffindor simply dropped his books on the table, before dropping himself into a seat. He'd just gotten off classes, and that meant it was study time, despite the fact that he also had a quidditch practice he needed to be ready for in mere hours. He sighed heavily, looking perpetually exhausted. He looked around before dumping a few pills into his hand and quaffing them back. Ugh they tasted vile as ever. He sighed again, rubbing his temples. His eyes were sunken and didn't have their usual sparkle as he looked around again, this time wondering if Rhys was on his way. Well, for now... Gid pushed open his History of Magic textbook to the assigned chapter and attempted to read, though he found himself rather unable to focus on any of the words.

Diamond Wales

Wᴇʟʟ I ᴅʀɪɴᴋ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴇᴀᴋ ᴀɴᴅ I sᴍᴏᴋᴇ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ sɪɢʜ
Sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄʀᴏss ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴏᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇ
Gᴏᴛ ᴀ ᴍᴀɴ ᴛᴏ ʜɪs ʟᴇꜰᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀ ɢɪʀʟ ᴛᴏ ʜɪs ʀɪɢʜᴛ
Yᴏᴜ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴛᴏ sᴡᴇᴀᴛ sᴏ ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴛɪɢʜᴛ 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ
Sᴏᴍᴇʙᴏᴅʏ ᴍɪxᴇᴅ ᴍʏ ᴍᴇᴅɪᴄɪɴᴇ. I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ᴏɴ
Sᴏᴍᴇʙᴏᴅʏ ᴍɪxᴇᴅ ᴍʏ ᴍᴇᴅɪᴄɪɴᴇ, ɴᴏᴡ ʙᴀʙʏ ɪᴛs ᴀʟʟ ɢᴏɴᴇ
Sᴏᴍᴇʙᴏᴅʏ ᴍɪxᴇᴅ ᴍʏ ᴍᴇᴅɪᴄɪɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ sᴏᴍᴇʙᴏᴅʏ's ɪɴ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀᴅ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ

𝔄𝔫𝔡 𝔰𝔬𝔪𝔢𝔟𝔬𝔡𝑦 𝔪𝔦𝔵𝔢𝔡 𝔪𝑦 𝔪𝔢𝔡𝔦𝔠𝔦𝔫𝔢 𝔞𝔤𝔞𝔦𝔫, 𝔞𝔤𝔞𝔦𝔫

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:41 am
User Image
                                                  The best thing about tonight's that we're not fighting
                                                  Could it be that we have been this way before
                                                  I know you don't think that I am trying
                                                  I know you're wearing thin down to the core

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Cᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ || Sᴇᴇᴋᴇʀ

════════════════════════

Rhys walked into the library, figuring on getting some work done for his Charms class. He hadn't been able to get much work on it, but he knew he could catch up with some of it during Christmas break. Stretching, he grabbed a few books from the shelves and looked around to see if there was an open open table for him to study at.

That's when he spied Gid sitting in the History section, reading over a book. He shrugged, figuring that he could go over and study with Gid. It wasn't like his boyfriend distracted him from it. Far from it, Rhys was usually the one that made sure that they were focused on the subject at hand. Walking over, he put his books down and slid into the seat next to Gid, only cocking an eyebrow at how he looked. If Rhys were being honest, Gid looked... Tired. Like he'd had a few too many study sessions in the common room. Frowning, he noticed that Gid wasn't really focused either, and he tapped his boyfriend on the shoulder.
                                                  "Hey Gid. Are you okay? You look... worn out."

════════════════════════

Thinking: Gid looks like crap...
                                                  Taken By: Gideon Reid
                                                  OOC:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

This is not what I intended
                                                  I always swore to you I'd never fall apart
                                                  You always thought that I was stronger
                                                  I may have failed
                                                  But I have loved you from the start

Miss GryffindorK

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:06 am
User ImageUser Image

𝔖𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔥 𝔜𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔊𝔯𝑦𝔣𝔣𝔦𝔫𝔡𝔬𝔯𝓒𝔥𝔞𝔰𝔢𝔯
𝔓𝔯𝔢𝔣𝔢𝔠𝔱𝓗𝔢𝔞𝔡 𝔅𝔬𝑦𝓒𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔞𝔦𝔫

Gid continued staring blankly at his history book, hoping somehow the information would stick, despite the fact he'd yet to actually read more than three consecutive words. He blinked slowly, resting his forehead on his hand, still pretending to read for some reason. It wasn't until someone tapped at his shoulder and spoke that he moved. He turned to look at Rhys, though it took a brain a second longer to register what was going on. Rhys was saying he looked worn out? If only he knew. "Y-yea, sorry. Between quidditch, patrols, and the NEWT studying, I haven't really slept much." Plus he was in a rather lot of pain that his medicine wasn't really curbing anymore... but he couldn't add that. No, he couldn't tell Rhys the full reason he looked like rubbish.

After letting out a heavy exhale, Gid looked at his boyfriend with a small attempt at a smile. "What'd you come here to study? Must be better than the drone of History." He casually closed his book, knowing he hadn't changed pages since the last time he'd worked on it. The only worry he'd have is that Rhys would point out Gid's surprising enjoyment of History of Magic. It, coupled with Magical Law, were his two favorite classes. Oh well, even history occasionally got boring. Plus, maybe Rhys' presence would energize Gid enough to actually retain some studies in his head.

Diamond Wales

Wᴇʟʟ I ᴅʀɪɴᴋ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴇᴀᴋ ᴀɴᴅ I sᴍᴏᴋᴇ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ sɪɢʜ
Sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄʀᴏss ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴏᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇ
Gᴏᴛ ᴀ ᴍᴀɴ ᴛᴏ ʜɪs ʟᴇꜰᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀ ɢɪʀʟ ᴛᴏ ʜɪs ʀɪɢʜᴛ
Yᴏᴜ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴛᴏ sᴡᴇᴀᴛ sᴏ ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴛɪɢʜᴛ 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ
Sᴏᴍᴇʙᴏᴅʏ ᴍɪxᴇᴅ ᴍʏ ᴍᴇᴅɪᴄɪɴᴇ. I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ᴏɴ
Sᴏᴍᴇʙᴏᴅʏ ᴍɪxᴇᴅ ᴍʏ ᴍᴇᴅɪᴄɪɴᴇ, ɴᴏᴡ ʙᴀʙʏ ɪᴛs ᴀʟʟ ɢᴏɴᴇ
Sᴏᴍᴇʙᴏᴅʏ ᴍɪxᴇᴅ ᴍʏ ᴍᴇᴅɪᴄɪɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ sᴏᴍᴇʙᴏᴅʏ's ɪɴ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀᴅ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ

𝔄𝔫𝔡 𝔰𝔬𝔪𝔢𝔟𝔬𝔡𝑦 𝔪𝔦𝔵𝔢𝔡 𝔪𝑦 𝔪𝔢𝔡𝔦𝔠𝔦𝔫𝔢 𝔞𝔤𝔞𝔦𝔫, 𝔞𝔤𝔞𝔦𝔫

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:11 pm

User Image✶☁
DUANAIRE LIANE AINDRIAS-EVERA

fifth year || Gryffindor prefect || halfblood
Art Club mapmaker || Quidditch chaser and vice captain
irregular attendee of any club events

Studying was….really a sad thing. Aire wasn’t sure what Austen got out of studying all the time, and she didn’t understand why she liked that he liked studying. Well...he kind of got a wistful look on his face as he read, nose in a book with a cuppa at hand (or really a cup of sugar, but she secretly liked teasing him about his sweet tooth). His eyes would occasionally squint down into little lines, and he’d nod or shake his head at the text. And his eyes seemed to particularly clear when reading and studying. Like...Like..How did people describe eyes? What was a brown gemstone? It was cute anyways. Austen was cute--

Aire stabbed herself with the pencil. No daydreaming! She still had detention tonight! It was with Professor Harlowe, thankfully, so Professor Whitethorne couldn’t cut her up for potion parts. (Aire had burned the will and farewell letters she had written immediately.)

Not that Aire was actually studying. She turned to the pile of books she had made into Fort Aindrias part 2: Aire had started the afternoon intending to look at History, but then she had gotten distracted with a biography of the Bloody Baron and then took a nap while looking something up from the DADA textbook. She had made it back to History, but was now drawing Grimmauld Place and certain Ravenclaw boy instead of reading about the Order of the Phoenix. Hopefully no one needed the book. It had a lot of good pictures.

setting Some shelf in the corner of the library, early May 2054 || with Actually studious students
appearance 5'2", lithe || wearing khaki shirt with pants
status studying daydreaming and doodling

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Soon may the Wellerman come
To bring us sugar
And tea and rum
One day, when the tonguing' is done
We'll take our leave and go.
☁✶
~"The Wellerman" recorded by Neil Colquhoun. Cover by Malinda.

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:40 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Library - History Section
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Aire from Gryffindor
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Studying... kinda
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? She seems zoned out

Lochi was back at the library. With precious few days before the start of OWL exams, he was making sure he knew his stuff. Currently he was looking for a history book that'd been recommended by an older Ravenclaw, but he wasn't having much luck finding it on the shelf. He sighed softly, debating grabbing out one of his ever present chocolate bars, but deciding against it so he wouldn't mar any books with messy fingers. Maybe once he was sat down.

Speaking of sitting, he spotted someone making a fort-like structure out of books, including "Aha!" Walking over to the fort, he awkwardly tapped his knuckles on the table. "Hey, um... I don't mean to intrude, but I was hoping to borrow A Guide to Medieval Sorcery if-if you don't mind. I was hoping to study History 'cause it's one of my first OWLs to do. I-I can trade chocolate?"

Once she'd agreed, Lochi took the book and sat down at the other end of her table. Hopefully that was enough space, since most of the tables were fully occupied. As promised, he handed over a couple chocolate bars to the girl, who he recognized as Aire from Gryffindor. She always seemed nice, though usually it seemed like she was busy plotting her next prank. "You look a little lost in thought. Anything I can help with? Studying has my brain all scrambled too." Of course, her thoughts may be nowhere near studying, but she was in a library. Literally surrounded by study material.... then again, she used most of her books to construct a fort. So... maybe not.

addaellis

Yᴏᴜ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴇᴇ ᴍʏ ғᴀᴠᴏʀɪᴛᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ,
Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴀ ɢʟɪᴍᴘsᴇ ᴏғ ɢᴏʟᴅ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ sᴋɪɴs.
I ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴏɴ ᴀɪʀ ᴡʜᴇɴᴇᴠᴇʀ I'ᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇᴍ,
Tʜᴇʏ'ʀᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴀᴘᴘɪɴᴇss ʙᴇɢɪɴs.
Aɴᴅ I'ᴍ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ᴏᴡɴ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇᴍ I'ᴍ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ
Tʜᴇʏ'ʀᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴅɪᴀᴍᴏɴᴅs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪᴀᴍᴏɴᴅs ᴀʀᴇ ғᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ.

The Library

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff