Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Library
Miscellaneous Section Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:19 pm
Miscellaneous Section

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

━━━━━
This is the Miscellaneous Section. Here you will find all the books that do not fit in any of the other categories. But don't worry - that doesn't mean they aren't important! Whether you're learning how to fly a broom or cook with magic, you'll find everything you need to know is right here at your fingertips. Below is a list of the books in stock sorted by subject.
━━━━━

Quidditch

· The Beaters' Bible by Brutus Scrimgeour ·
· Beating the Bludgers - A Study of Defensive Strategies in Quidditch by Kennilworthy Whisp ·
· Flying with the Cannons ·
· The Noble Sport of Warlocks by Quintius Umfraville ·
· Quidditch Through the Ages by Kennilworthy Whisp ·
· Quidditch Teams of Britain and Ireland ·
· The Wonder of Wigtown Wanderers by Kennilworthy Whisp ·

Transportation

· Handbook of Do-It-Yourself Broomcare ·
· Which Broomstick? ·
· A Fully Illustrated History of the Flying Carpet ·

Magical Self-Help

· Learn Magic Fast with Kwikspell ·
· Powers You Never Knew You Had and What To Do With Them Now You've Wised Up ·
· The Hairy Heart: A Guide to Wizards Who Won't Commit ·
· Twelve Fail-Safe Ways to Charm Witches ·
· Weird Wizarding Dilemmas and Their Solutions ·
· Where There's a Wand, There's a Way ·

Revision Guides

· Cram It!: How to Soar on Your O.W.L.s ·
· W.O.M.B.A.T. Revision Guide ·

Cooking & Housecare

· Charm Your Own Cheese by Greta Catchlove ·
· Enchantment in Baking ·
· Gilderoy Lockhart's Guide to Household Pests by Gilderoy Lockhart ·
· One Minute Feasts - It's Magic! ·
· Practical Household Magic by Zamira Gulch ·

Healing & Healthcare

· Common Magical Ailments and Afflictions ·
· The Healer's Helpmate ·

Wandlore

· The Basics of Wandlore ·

Miscellaneous

· The Invisible Book of Invisibility ·
· A Study into the Possibility of Reversing the Actual and Metaphysical Effects of Natural Death, with Particular Regard to the Reintegration of Essence and Matter by Bertrand de Pensées-Profondes ·
· An Appraisal of Magical Education in Europe ·
· Preferred Preface for Perfect Prefects ·

Books from Harry Potter Wiki

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:05 pm
How did we get here? When I used to know you so well?

Marina Eugenie Aldred, Proud Halfblood, Slytehrin Second Year
Wearing
Mood: Focused
Thoughts: Alright. I can do this.
With: No one

Marina was done with classes for the day, and had changed out of her uniform. Honestly, having to wear a skirt and tie every day was so boring. She was ready to relax, but the redhead's idea of relaxing was quite different from other people's. This explained why she was in the library researching instead of doing something more normal for a twelve year old. Then again, Marina never had been normal. She stood on a rickety old step stool, pulling books from the shelf in front of her and levitating them onto the table behind her. "Where There's a Wand, There's a Way. Sounds promising. The Healer's Helpmate. This should prove useful." she muttered to herself as she read the titles of the books she was pulling off the shelves.

"Endurance is nobler than strength and has more patience than beauty."

How did we get here? Well I think I know...

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:06 pm
Damien Edgeworth
Slytherin // Second Year // Library // Wearing
CURRENTLY WITH // Marina
CURRENTLY FEELING // Bothered
CURRENTLY THINKING // '... What is she doing here? Why does she have to be here?'
═════════════════════════════════

User Image

Damien was walking the stacks of the library silently, trying to draw as little attention to himself as possible. He was hoping... desperately... that he could find something, anything, to help with these sudden moments of... nothing. It was almost daily now that he had one of his incidents, where he would just... stop. His body, his mind... his very thoughts just stopped, for no reason. Or, rather, always for the same reason. He knew it was related to what had happened last term. He still hadn't moved on from it; the two months following it were almost entirely blank to him. He had no memory of anything. After that... he'd gotten better before coming back to school. The first month into summer break, he'd gotten better, to the point that he'd become aware of what his mother was doing, locking him up because he was shameful to her. That still stung whenever he thought of it... Since he came back to the school, however, he'd been slowly getting worse. He'd be staying here this winter break. He didn't really care to go home to more seclusion. He felt a little guilty about not going home to see Brownie, but... she was just a House-Elf. He didn't want to put up with his parents, even to see her. Still, if he could get better, if he could make it stop, maybe... maybe things could go back to the way they were. His life had been normal... not perfect, but normal. He'd known who he was, what he wanted. He'd known his place, and the place of the people around him. Now... now he knew nothing. He wasn't sure of anything. And his mind was so clouded... he completely bumped into Marina and her stool. The stool shook... his eyes widened as he waited to see if she would fall off. He was quite certain she was going to collapse right on top of him. He was appalled. Why was she here? What on earth could she possibly be doing here? He didn't want anyone to see him, to know... to even suspect. And now... the one person who already knew enough to see through him... was here! He just wanted to run away, but he couldn't... he was still waiting for her to fall.

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Schedule: Tran, DADA, Ast, Herb, Char, Pot, HoM

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:08 pm

Marina Eugenie Aldred, Proud Halfblood, Slytherin Second Year
Wearing
Mood: Alarmed
Thoughts: Why is he here?!
With: Damien

Marina was pulling one last book off the shelf when she sensed someone behind her. Initially, she did not turn, figuring it must be a student walking by. Then she realized whoever it was was still coming towards her. This of course, made her nervous, and she whirled around just as Damien bumped into her. The stool wobbled and she stretched out a hand behind her, trying to grab the shelf for support, but it was too late. The stool toppled over with a thud, and Marina fell on top of Damien with a shriek in a tangle of arms and legs. She was still clutching the book.

How did we get here? Well i think I know...

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:45 pm
Damien Edgeworth
CURRENTLY WITH // Marina
CURRENTLY FEELING // Bothered
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, that bloody hurt... what am I going to tell her about why I'm here?!'

User Image

Damien cursed softly as they hit the floor, rolling to make sure he took the brunt of it. He hadn't really had time to position himself favorably, so he'd ended up landing right on his tail bone. It would probably bruise, he thought, groaning at the thought. Just sitting was going to be a nightmare. And there was no way he was going to the nurse over this. It was far to embarrassing. Besides, he didn't want her to think he was some sort of wimp, what with last year's incident and this. He sat up, Marina falling into his lap. "Bloody hell, that hurt. Are you all right?" As he sat there, his mind started panicking a bit. Of all the people to run into, to bloody topple, it had to be her. Of course. He bit back an aggravated sigh. How was he supposed to explain what he was doing there? None of this information was applicable to their lessons. It was mostly just cooking and household stuff... and self-help books. Which was, of course, why he was there. But he couldn't bloody tell her that. The last thing he needed was her feeling sorry for him. She already knew too much, what with being there when he- when they were attacked. He didn't need her knowing that, when he didn't show up to class, when he would simply vanish, it was because his mind was going blank, that he was still not entirely alright in his mind. It was a weakness, and one he didn't want anyone to know about. Especially not her. He was still fairly certain he'd insulted her while he'd been in the Infirmary, something he regretted. It had been his duty to protect her, he didn't want her to feel guilty over what happened, which his fuzzy memories of their conversations told him she did. He was almost certain that she'd said something to that effect, much to his chagrin. She didn't need to feel guilty; it was his own fault he'd been there, after all. But, if she knew about his problem, about the blank moments... he didn't even want to think of what she'd say.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:47 am

Wearing
Mood: Embarassed
Thoughts: Well this is awkward...

Marina had the breath knocked out of her when she crashed into Damien. She wasn't hurt at all, just startled. He must be bruised though. The Slytherin girl exhaled, cheeks flushed with embarrassment. She was sitting in his lap. This was awkward. Why did these sort of things always happen to her? "I'm fine." It seemed like she was always saying that to people, when she really wasn't. The redhead scooted out of his lap and rose to her feet shakily, offering Damien a hand to help him up. Ordinarily Marina would be annoyed at him, seeing as he had knocked her over. But she had fallen on him, so that made things fair, she guessed. Anyways, what was he doing here? This was the Miscellaneous Section. She'd never seen him at a Quidditch game, so he obviously wasn't here for the Quidditch books. The idea of him attempting magical cooking was laughable so that meant.... Oh. God, she was an idiot. Damien was here for the same reason she was. Help. They were both too proud, so they were trying to help themselves. Marina stared at the pile of books she had on the table. Surely he was going to ask. When he didn't she asked herself. "Does the reason you're here have anything to do with what you were discussing with Professor Fino?" She bit her lip nervously. "I overheard." The last bit was was a pathetic attempt at an excuse. Marina honestly didn't care anymore. It wasn't like she had been eavesdropping. Not really, anyway. It only counted as eavesdropping if you got caught, right?

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:41 pm
Damien Edgeworth
CURRENTLY WITH // Marina
CURRENTLY FEELING // Upset, embarrassed
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, bloody hell...'

User Image

Damien flushed. Of all the things for her to be listening to.. of course she had to hear him telling the professor about the reason for his absence. His brow furrowed. He had no excuse. He had nothing else he could say. Why else would he possibly be here? Most of the books in this section were for menial things, things he would never care to learn how to do. His eyes went wide as he spotted exactly the book that would help him save face. His lie formed quickly. "Not at all, actually, that was just an excuse. I skipped the lesson. Didn't care to go that day. Just my luck it was his first day teaching. I had to say something other than that I skipped. I figured if he spoke to anyone about it, they would be able to tell him about... you know, what happened. And he'd buy it." He waved her outstretched hand away, pulling himself to his feet. No need to look quite so pathetic, he thought. He had to put on his old self, at least to some degree. He needed to seem alright. Maybe if she bought it, it would actually be true... Once he was standing, he very quickly grabbed a book off the shelf and held it up. "I was here for this," he told her, showing the cover of The Basics of Wandlore. "The lesson in History on wands got me thinking... I really don't know much about them. And I would like to. It's a very fascinating subject. Er..." He trailed off, noticing her stack, and the books in it. He flushed again. A couple of the books were ones he'd been about to look into himself. But she'd seemed fine... was she having problems, too? He looked away quickly, deciding he didn't want to pry. It wasn't as if they were friends. Hell, most of the time, they were shooting each other dirty looks. He shook the thought away and smiled as if he hadn't seen them. "I just feel like, they're the tools that are most important to our magic, other than the magic itself, of course. So I think that the school should tell us a bit about how they work, you know?" He hoped she hadn't seen him see her books. He didn't want to talk about what happened. He didn't want to think about it. Ever again. It had done nothing but turn him upside down and inside out, until he was no longer sure of who he was, or what he wanted. And being from such an old family, the feeling was unusual, and uncomfortable. He wasn't so sure he felt like an Edgeworth anymore.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:50 pm

Wearing
Mood: Overwhelmed
Thoughts: Like I'd believe that!

Marina arched an eyebrow skeptically while Damien explained. Or, lied, to be accurate. As if Damien would skip a Transfiguration lesson. Did he take her for some sort of idiot? Granted, she had her dunce moments, but she wasn't a fool. She crossed her arms loosely, giving him the Look. The 'I know you're lying to me' look. The one her parents gave her when she slipped up with her excuses. She prided herself on not slipping up, but it happened once in a while. Marina watched silently as he grabbed a book seemingly at random and claimed to have taken an interest in wandlore. Yes, because he really seemed the type to want to become a wandmaker. She tried to picture him behind the counter at Ollivander's, and couldn't. Of course his trailing off, just firmed her conviction that she was lying. It was the same thing she did. Then she followed his gaze, and blushed a deep shade of crimson. Well, her secret was pretty much out now. She frowned just as he smiled. What was she supposed to do now? Lie and pretend she believed him, though it was obvious she didn't? It really wasn't so much the fact that he clearly didn't want to talk about what happened that bothered her so much as that he was lying about it. Marina was so sick of the lies. Of her own lies, and of everyone else's. When she had been in the Hospital Wing, they had repeatedly told her that she was safe, she was alright, no one was going to hurt her. Lie. She wasn't safe, and she wasn't alright. The man who had tried to kill them, who had almost killed Damien, had never been caught. She had scanned every page of the Prophet all summer, looking for any write ups about the capture of a insane professor. There had been none. What if he came back to finish them off? Call her paranoid, but the man was insane. No one could predict what he might be planning. Certainly no one had predicted him killing his cat and then trying to kill them! And she had nightly reminders of this in her dreams. What if she just snapped one day? Like hell was she going to let her entire life be ruined because she had been in the wrong place at the wrong time when she was eleven. Which was why she was here, because she had finally stopped lying to herself and come to the conclusion that she needed help. But what if she couldn't be helped? What if the nightmares were some sort of punishment handed down from above, because she was the one who should have almost died, or even died? Maybe her time had been up that day, and she had only escaped death by pure luck. That scared her most of all. And him. Pretending that he didn't hate her. He was smiling at her! This whole thing as so messed up. It occurred to her then, in the midst of her frenzy of thoughts, that perhaps she should have talked to her parents about this, talked to anyone really, since she was going crazy not talking about it, even though she didn't want to. Marina had been staring at the floor for a few moments, but now she sat down in one of the hard wooden chairs and looked at Damien with a mixture of anger, fear, and sadness. Most of all she was tired, and the look in her eyes was one of a sort of total weariness, like she was tired of everything. She didn't want to play these stupid games where she tried to not look weak and every other sentence was a lie. Then she started crying, though she was desperately trying not to. Why? Why did she have to start crying in front of him? At least, she thought, at least I'm not bawling my eyes out hysterically. She was doing that on the inside, but she appeared pretty composed for someone so overwhelmed. In fact, you couldn't even tell if she was crying unless you were looking at her closely. It wasn't like she was making any noise. Marina stared at her lap, shoulders trembling a little. In a way, it felt good to cry. She hadn't cried since what had happened. "I'm sorry." Even she didn't know quite what she was apologizing for. Crying? What had happened to him? Everything?

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:13 pm
Damien Edgeworth
CURRENTLY WITH // Marina

User Image

Marina didn't answer, just stood there, silent, for a long time. The emotions flashing across her face told him that she had't bought it. Of course she hadn't. She wasn't stupid; this wasn't Dominic, who hadn't been there and had no idea how bad it had been. This was Marina, who he'd had to pull behind him, who he'll pushed out of the way to save when the madman had cast his spell. His flush grew darker. He didn't... he wasn't even sure he could talk about this with her. They were on thin ice, they always had been. Before... before the incident, he'd hated her. Hated that she was a filthy halfblood defiling the noble house of Slytherin, hated that she dared to question him, to talk back to him, to call him out. Loathed the fact that she seemed to be trying to make him explode. Like she thought it would be funny for him to lose his cool. And then, when it was happening... the one part of him that was truly noble had taken over. It had been his duty to save her. If she'd been hurt, or died, he wouldn't have been able to live with himself for that. And after, when he'd been losing his mind from the pain and trauma, he'd been so bloody angry, with her for being there, with himself for valuing his life over hers. He'd been so sure it'd been a mistake. When he'd arrived home, he'd not been so sure; his father seemed to be proud of him for putting her first, even though she was a halfblood. Wesley Edgeworth might not believe in the mixing of the blood, but did believe that life was precious, and that it was a man's job to protect a woman, any woman. The look in his father's eyes had done a lot to make him feel a little better about everything. His mother, on the other hand... she'd been ashamed. She'd hidden him away like a dirty secret. And he'd felt like one. So he'd pushed it all down, made himself seem as okay as he could. Coming back here had unraveled all that. Seeing Marina had unraveled it. And now, he wasn't even sure how he felt about her, about anything. He'd saved her... and then yelled at her for almost getting him killed. As if it'd been his fault. He thought that, at some point, he might have convinced himself that if she hadn't been there, he could have run away fast enough. Which might be true, but didn't change things. Besides, the spell the man had used would have chased him, would have spread until it attacked a target. Someone was going to get burned. Better him than her. He didn't want to lie to her, not really, but the idea of telling the truth, of letting her know how screwed up he really was, terrified him. She'd already seen him weak, seen through his wall. He didn't want her to see it again. Didn't want her to pity him. Better she be angry at him for lying than think he was weak. At least, that's what he thought... before she started to cry. It was barely there, a slight shaking of the shoulders, a few tears. But it might as well have been a waterfall for what it did to him. She was... crying! She was just as embarrassed as he was, and she knew... she knew. His shoulders slumped, and he shuffled his feet awkwardly. What did he say? What did he do? Women simply didn't cry around him. They just didn't. He'd never seen a woman cry, in all his life, except Adalaide Blythe. Her small apology rang in his ear, ugly, dirty. The one person who might be able to help him, who he could talk to... and he was pushing her away. And... and she might need him, too, as much as he was sure she'd hate to admit it. He bit his lip, his brow furrowing. He had absolutely no idea what to do... "I'm sorry, too," he said simply, his voice soft. He was sorry for not protecting her better. He was sorry for yelling at her, for blaming her. And he was sorry for lying. But... he just didn't know how to do this.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:02 pm

Marina Eugenie Aldred, Proud Halfblood, Slytherin Second year
Wearing
Mood: Overwhelmed
Thoughts: He's sorry?

Marina wasn't looking at Damien, but she heard the shuffling of feet. And then he.... Apologized? What the.... It had never occurred to her that he had anything to apologize for, though for a long time she had suspected that he regretted saving her. That hadn't done wonders for her self esteem. She realized that he was just as without a clue as her. Neither of them knew what to do in these types of situations, so they were just winging it, trying to make the other person feel better. And maybe he didn't blame her. Maybe it wasn't her fault. Marina swallowed hard, concentrating on stopping the tears before he panicked and ran away. Damien reminded her of her dad when her mum got upset. Dustin Aldred, her father, who always seemed to have it together, to know what to do, turned into an awkward teenager when her mum started crying. Marina suspected that her dad's awkwardness around crying women was part of what endeared him to Bernadette, who hated being fussed over. She herself usually hid out in her room until all was calm once more. Marina decided she had better say something, say anything, but then found herself at a loss for words. That simply did not happen. Marina Aldred always knew what to say, or when to not say anything at all. It just came naturally. She had discovered at a young age that if you said the right thing at the right time you could work any problems out. This was not a typical social problem though. This was different. Great. She was going to have to tell the truth, since she couldn't think of anything else to say. "I...I've been having nightmares about what happened. Nearly every night now, since the end of last year. That's why I'm here. I'm going home for Christmas, my parents would kill me if I didn't. They're very family oriented. And they'll find out I've been lying to them for the past few months if I'm still having nightmares when I'm home. So I have to make it stop. But I don't know how. And I'm afraid they won't." This all came out in a low, quick monotone. It was almost painful to say it. She could practically feel her pride level plummeting. Marina was studying the table like it was a school textbook. She really didn't want to see his expression right then.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:27 pm
Damien Edgeworth
CURRENTLY WITH // Marina

User Image

Her confession left him dumbfounded. He hadn't had a clue, had no idea she'd been having nightmares. How could he? For the first time, he realized that she'd been keeping things to herself just as much as he'd been; that they'd both been lying to save face. He looked down at the floor, unsure. After a moment, he forced himself to say the word's he'd been unable to even think, let alone speak out loud. "I... I'm not going home. After what happened... you saw me in the hospital wing. I was... not there. And when I was, it wasn't much better... I know I yelled at you, said awful things. I didn't mean them, I was just... I wasn't thinking straight. Or at all. And after I got mostly back to normal, I still... I have blackouts, where it's like my entire being freezes. I just... stop. When I went home for the summer, my mom locked me in my room like a dirty family secret. And I know that if I go home for Christmas she'll do it again. The blackouts were almost gone until... until I came back to school. And then they started again, and they've just kept getting worse. I wanted... I wanted to try and make it stop before summer again. I don't want to be locked up. I don't want her to be ashamed of me. And I don't want to be hidden away. I just... I don't know. I didn't want... I don't want people to... to see this. Anyone." Especially not her. The words were hanging in the air. He didn't want her to think he was weak, or to feel guilty about what was wrong with him. It wasn't her fault.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:27 pm

Wearing
Mood: Shocked
Thoughts: She what?!

Marina was initially confused. Why was he not going home? Surely he would be glad to go home, where his parents would understand what was happening to him? She kept her eyes on the table as he spoke until he mentioned his mother locking him in his room. What?! What kind of mother locked their son in their room, especially after what he'd been through?! Sure, she'd spent most of the summer in her room, but that had been different. She had wanted to be alone. Well, it wasn't really being alone but having to endure worried looks and questions from her parents. That had been enough to force her into a self imposed exile. But what his mother was doing.... That was just so wrong! Her eyes met his for the first time, burning with a indignant fire. "That's.... What she did was wrong Damien. She shouldn't be ashamed of you for what you did." Marina paused, trying to break through to him before she continued. "Look. For what my opinion is worth, I think you're a hero. What's happening to you isn't wrong. When people... When bad stuff happens to people their minds respond accordingly. It's different for everyone. You have black outs, I have nightmares. My mum..." Marina broke off for a moment, not sure if she should continue. What she was about to tell him was sort of her own family secret. It was an unspoken rule that no one talked about it. Ever. But she had to make him understand! She closed her eyes for a second, fought back the feelings of guilt, and continued. "When my mum was young, 18, actually, something like what happened to us happened to her. But it was a lot worse. It was... Deliberate. She wasn't hurt by coincidence. They planned it out, these really twisted people. They wanted to get back at her for something she did. So they hurt her. Badly. And she shut down. Her mind was not working. But then she got better, and she recovered. She has these...attacks sometimes. It's not always the same thing. Sometimes she'll start crying or screaming for no reason, and sometimes she just freezes up, sort of like what happens to you. I've seen it happen. And it's OK. I'm not ashamed of her, and neither is my dad. Hell, he married her after what happened! She's one of the strongest people I know, mentally. These things... I think they make us stronger, in the end." Marina looked at him earnestly when she finished her speech. It wasn't like she had told him everything, just enough to make her point. The whole story... That was long, and sad, and it wasn't her's to tell. She didn't pity him, because she knew. Hopefully he would see what she meant. She had not only been trying to comfort him, but herself too. She sort of felt a little less scared now. Just a little, but it was still relieving.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:06 pm
Damien Edgeworth
CURRENTLY WITH // Marina

User Image

When she called him a hero, he blushed. He'd not really considered himself a hero; he'd done what he'd thought was right. That didn't make him a hero. Or, at least, he didn't think it did. A hero would have stood and fought. He would have known what to do instead of blindly grabbing her and running away. He would have been able to talk his way out of it, or disarm the man, or something. All Damien had done was nearly get them killed. But... but he had saved her. If he hadn't shoved her out of the way and taken the attack for her... she'd probably be dead. Or at least it would have been her who'd spent the end of the year in the Hospital Wing. Either way, he'd taken it for her. Still, what she said made him feel better. When she opened up about her mother, he frowned. That was horrible! That people could be so cruel... he knew that a lot of people considered his family cruel as well, but... there was cruel and there was inhuman. Anyone who would harm another person was an entirely different kind of horrible. There was no excuse to ever harm anyone physically. His lip curled. "That's horrible. I mean, I know that... I know that a lot of people think that I'm a piece of work, but I would never hurt anyone, not like that..." He paused. He knew that she could come back saying he'd hurt Adalaide Blythe, or that he enjoyed hurting people, but the truth was, he didn't. Just because he believed in a certain level of separation from certain types of people, or used to, since he wasn't so sure anymore, didn't mean he enjoyed putting them in their place. He felt like he had to. After his parents had punished him for being friends with Blythe, he never wanted to deal with that again. And he didn't want her or anyone like her to have to deal with it, either. The world just was the way it was. That wasn't his fault... He sighed. "The worst part about this summer was... I thought my father was actually proud of me. He told me I did the right thing, that he knew I was a good son, and would be a good man. But she... my mother, she looked at me like... like she couldn't believe I would save you at my own expense. And then, that my mind was so... so wrong because of it, she was ashamed. Because I was almost killed, and I wasn't completely okay. But my father was proud, and he still... he let her keep me up there. I barely saw him, all summer. I just... I felt like he'd abandoned me or something. If he was so impressed, why did he let her treat me like a secret?" His voice cracked at the last of it, and he looked down so she couldn't see a tear roll down his face. He didn't understand... why did his father let her do that? He didn't even care enough to put his foot down and tell her that Damien was traumatized and that there was nothing wrong with that. When he did come to see his son, he'd sat in the chair at his desk, telling him that it was only to be expected that he wasn't quite right. That what he'd gone through would do this to even a grown man. But he'd still let Dahlia Edgeworth lock Damien up, and keep him hidden away like he was a Squib or something... he didn't understand...

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:19 pm

Wearing
Mood: Shocked
Thoughts: She what?!

Marina sort of blushed in response to Damien's blush. It just figured that she had managed to make things more awkward. But she did think he was a hero. In her eyes, at least. She rolled her eyes dismissively when he mentioned people thinking he was a piece of work. "I'm fairly certain most of the Slytherins are pieces of work. Myself included in that. It's like a house requirement. Believe me, there are much worse people out there." She doubted his previous beliefs were quite as strong as they used to be. What with everything that had happened. After all, she didn't still think Damien was a complete prat. He still had his moments, but was a lot nicer than last year. Marina frowned when he spoke again. Oh, geez, what did she say in response to that? Was he crying? When the redhead spoke it was slow and cautious. "I don't know. I do know that adults, especially parents, tend to go to great lengths to avoid fighting. My parents won't talk about anything they disagree on. Not in front of me, anyway. I guess it's better than them arguing all the time." She sighed. "Damien, you are a good son. And you'll grow up to be a good man. I'm sure your mother knows that, even if she doesn't accept it. Maybe locking you up was her way of dealing with it. It was wrong, of course, but people get scared of things they don't understand. I don't think she could understand what you were going through." The Slytherin girl stood up, and reached out a hand tentatively. It came to rest lightly on his shoulder. "It's going to be OK. Really." she whispered. She hoped it was going to be OK. More than anything, she wanted it to be OK. For her, and for him.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:25 pm
Damien Edgeworth
CURRENTLY WITH // Marina

User Image

Damien wished he could believe her. But, in truth, he knew that his mother wasn't dealing with what had happened to him at all. She was hiding it, from herself and from the world, ashamed to have to admit that perhaps she'd done a poor job raising a proper son. He knew she didn't approve of his saving Marina; he'd heard her tell his father as much. It bothered him so much that she could think his life was worth more than someone else's, and actually condemn him for trying to save someone. Their family might be of a higher class, but that didn't make Marina's life a throwaway. He knew that, and his father did. And yet, his father had done nothing. He sighed, wiping the tears he'd shed from his face. There was no use crying; Dahlia Edgeworth was who she was, and always would be. "Thank you, Marina." he said simply, not really having anything else to say or share.

User Image

The Library

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items