Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Library
Miscellaneous Section Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:30 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇾ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Library- Misc. Section
xxx⇾ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Nath
xxxx⇾ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Big Questions
xxxxx⇾ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? This is absolutely terrifying

Theo grinned when Nath turned to face him. God he was so cute when he was studying. He shook his head to clear up the fleeting thoughts (and any embarrassment they may cause). Nath, being his usual charming self, closed his book and agreed to talk for a minute, which Theo was pretty sure translated into forever because the boys tended to talk for ages. After mentioning a question, Nath questioned back, but mentioned being in dire need of chocolate. The Greek laughed and handed over a tupperware with brownies in side, the steam still slightly clouding the bowl. "I can't let you go without chocolate, even though my question has nothing to do with studies." He opened the tupperware and lifted a brownie, nibbling at the gooey chocolate treat.

"No, actually I had a much more important question to ask... but um... not about school. Um... not that school isn't... important... but um..." He knew he was gibbering, his heart racing. Oh god, where was Laili to shake him back into sanity when he needed her?! He bowed his head, avoiding making eye contact as he tried to breathe. How was he supposed to phrase this without sounding totally idiotic?! "What... what I'm trying to say here... well, it's... it's... um... θα σας παρακαλώ να βγείτε μαζί μου?" He wheezed out, brain not even registering the switch in language. He stared at Nath for just a little too long before struggling to untie his tie. God was it hot in here?! Who didn't use air conditioning he was boiling or oh god was he just so nervous?!

Cara MiaKitty

If the squeaky wheel's always gettin' the grease I'm totally devoted to disturbing the peace
And I'll do it all again, when I get done until I become your number one
No method to the madness, and no means of escape gonna break every rule or bend them all outta shape
It ain't a question of "how", just a matter of when you get the message that I'm tryin' to send
I'm under a spell, I'm in over my head and you know I'm going all the way to the end
To stand out, above the crowd! Even if I gotta shout out loud 'til mine is the only face you see.
Gonna stand out 'til ya notice me!
If I could make you stop and take a look at me instead of just, walkin' by
There's nothin that I wouldn't do if it was gettin' you to notice
I'm alive. All I need is half a chance, a second thought, a second glance
To prove, I got whatever it takes. It's a piece of cake

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:41 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                      everyвody'ѕ goιng тo тнe clocĸworĸ vaυdevιlle
                                      everyвody wanтѕ тo ѕee тнe ѕнow
                                      people crowd тнe door and ѕcreaм and ѕнoυт ғor мore
                                      wнιle мυѕιc and ѕong ғιll тнe aιr

spaceNath was only slightly over-acting when he sighed blissfully at the brownies, taking the tupperware with an expression akin to worship on his face. "Bloody hell, Theo, do you live in the kitchens?" he asked, debating the wisdom of opening the container and eating a brownie here in the library. Glancing around, he didn't see the librarian anywhere around... And he did have a mountain of books hiding him... And he deserved it, honestly. "You see nothing," he said quietly, taking out a brownie. After a second's consideration, he broke it in half, offering part to Theo. His friend had made them, sure, but it was rude to eat without offering some to the people around you.

spaceHe resisted the urge to question what on Earth could be more important than school. He didn't even think school was the most important thing, really, except right now it was because he had final exams to study for that were going to decide what he could do with basically his whole life, so he needed to do well on them. Plus, it was a good distraction. And as dumb as he knew it was to think that he could make up for certain things by excelling at others, he knew that's basically what he was trying to accomplish. Foolish and pointless though it may be.

spaceOf course, it took Nath a minute to parse the Greek. He had learned it for this exact reason, but he wasn't exactly confident enough to say he was fluent. He couldn't speak a lick of it, and only mostly understood his best friend. Knowing that his hesitation was making Theo nervous, even if he didn't understand quite why yet, he held up a hand.
                                      "Uh, give me a second to... translate," he said softly, running the words through his head. Once he figured the words out, he had to take a second to realize what exactly they meant, and why Theo was so nervous about them.

spaceWhen he put it together, his eyes widened in time with his jaw dropping. He snapped it shut, blushing.
                                      "Did you... did you just ask me on a date?" he asked, wanting to make absolutely certain he'd heard (and translated) that correctly. It wasn't like he hadn't... okay, so part of the reason he'd figured out he was gay (or, rather, that Laili had realized he was gay and pointed it out to him) was that he'd been checking Theo out. A lot. In a way that was not exactly purely a platonic way. If there was, in fact, a platonic way to check another person out. Was there? He guessed you were technically doing that when you critiqued a friend on an outfit or something. Which was definitely not what he'd been doing. Still, he'd not really thought that Theo might... well. Like him, like that. It seemed a little too... convenient, or something. But if he was asking him on a date, he must, right?

тнere were ғoυr мeтal people dreѕѕed oн ѕo ѕнarply
                                      тнey ѕυng and danced a caтcнy тυne wιтн aυтoмaтon roвoтιc eaѕe
                                      тнeιr gυιтar ѕтrιngѕ нυммed тo тнe вeaт ĸepт вy тнeιr тaмвoυrιne
                                      вoιlerѕ мaĸιng ѕтeaм, мeтal gleaмιng, ѕongѕ wιтн a good тυne
                                      тнaт woυld ѕтιcĸ wιтн yoυ all тнroυgн тнe aғтernoon

wнere - Library - Under a mountain of books
                                      wнen - Fall 2043
                                      wιтн - Theo
                                      - ooc -
                                      who

Miss GryffindorK

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:56 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxx⇾ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Big Questions
xxxxx⇾ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? This is absolutely terrifying

Theo chuckled when Nath asked him if he lived in the kitchens... which he sorta did? "Is that weird? You built a small house within the library." He gestured to the wall of books with a good natured grin. When Nath broke apart his brownie and offered some over, Theo shook his head, lifting his own. He had plenty to share, after all. He laughed when the Ravenclaw told him he saw nothing, as eating in the library was probably against a rule or two. "I see absolutely nothing. Just books! Books everywhere!" He laughed again, nibbling on his brownie.

After somehow managing to blurt out his question, Nath looked confused. Oh god he was going to say no!! Oh no! Theo bit his inner lip hard, stopping only when the other said he had to translate. Translate what?! He'd spoken in plain English, hadn't he? Or... no. Had he botched it all and asked in Greek?! Oh thank the heavens Nath was so studious as to learn the language. After a few seconds of intense thought, Theo watched Nath's jaw drop. Oh god. Oh no. Was it too late to run away?

The blonde spoke, questioning Theo's words. Part of him wanted to say no, to tell Nath he didn't translate right... but the bigger part needed to know. He absolutely had to know the feelings before they ate him alive. "Um... y-yes, yes I did. I... I really like you, Nath, and it took me a really long time to realize that." He tilted his head, hair falling into his eyes. He shook his head, feeling bile rising up. His heart was beating entirely too loud, loud enough to surely draw attention to the duo, wasn't it? He shook a bit as he straightened out, dark eyes searching for any hint of an answer. It was too late to turn back now. He was so close to finding the answers he so desperately needed.

Cara MiaKitty

If the squeaky wheel's always gettin' the grease I'm totally devoted to disturbing the peace
No method to the madness, and no means of escape gonna break every rule or bend them all outta shape
It ain't a question of "how", just a matter of when you get the message that I'm tryin' to send
I'm under a spell, I'm in over my head and you know I'm going all the way to the end
To stand out, above the crowd! Even if I gotta shout out loud 'til mine is the only face you see.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:05 pm
User ImageUser Image

everyвody'ѕ goιng тo тнe clocĸworĸ vaυdevιlle
                                      everyвody wanтѕ тo ѕee тнe ѕнow
                                      people crowd тнe door and ѕcreaм and ѕнoυт ғor мore
                                      wнιle мυѕιc and ѕong ғιll тнe aιr

spaceNath put on his best faux-insulted face (which was pretty good, he wasn't a half-bad actor, after all) at Theo making fun of his little book-fort. Okay, so it wasn't little. By any stretch of the imagination. But still. "This is not a house," he insisted. "This is, at best, a shed. If I wanted to build a house out of books, I would build a proper house, thanks very much." He was joking, mostly. But he was also pretty sure that, if he put his mind to it, he could absolutely build something resembling a house out of books. Taking a bite of the brownie, he had to fight not to choke on it. Theo was about as convincing when saying he saw nothing as Nath was at... well, he didn't know, really. Because unlike Theo, he could act.

spaceOf course, he would've liked very much to be able to call on his acting experience when Theo admitted he had, in fact, been asking him out. And confessed to liking him. It might've, at the very least, kept him from looking quite so shocked, and quite so... dopey? He was pretty sure he looked dopey. He could feel his cheeks and ears heating up, and had to actively fight the urge to hide his face in his hands, or crawl under the table. He felt very flustered all of a sudden, and wasn't quite sure what to do.

spaceA good place to start, however, was probably to say something. Preferably something not stupid. That might be asking too much, though. He coughed a little, trying to let loose the frog that'd suddenly taken up residence in his throat. Then again, because a second, larger frog seemed to've taken it's place.
                                      "I, um, I..." Dammit, that was not good. Theo was very clearly nervous, and Nath was making it worse by being an idiot! "LailirealizedIwasgaybecauseshekeptcatchingmecheckingyouout!" he practically shouted, wincing as soon as it was out. Pausing in between words was probably a good idea. He inhaled, then huffed. "That is. Laili. She, uh, she realized. I'm gay, because I was, uh. Checking you out. All the time. So, um. I like you, too?" He shook his head. "Wait, no, that... That wasn't supposed to be a question. I like you. Too. Um. So. Uh. I would love, um. For us to, to. Go on a date." God, he hoped he ran out of blood in his body sometime soon. He was pretty sure if any more of it pumped up into his face, his whole head would explode. But hey, at least he'd said yes?

тнere were ғoυr мeтal people dreѕѕed oн ѕo ѕнarply
                                      тнey ѕυng and danced a caтcнy тυne wιтн aυтoмaтon roвoтιc eaѕe
                                      тнeιr gυιтar ѕтrιngѕ нυммed тo тнe вeaт ĸepт вy тнeιr тaмвoυrιne
                                      вoιlerѕ мaĸιng ѕтeaм, мeтal gleaмιng, ѕongѕ wιтн a good тυne
                                      тнaт woυld ѕтιcĸ wιтн yoυ all тнroυgн тнe aғтernoon

wнere - Library - Under a mountain of books
                                      wнen - Fall 2043
                                      wιтн - Theo
                                      - ooc -
                                      who

Miss GryffindorK

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:40 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxx⇾ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Library Date!
xxxxx⇾ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I can't believe it!

Theo tilted his head and looked at the wall of books when Nath vehemently denied it being a house. He said it was closer to a shed, but that didn't seem quite right. "No, this isn't a shed either. Those are usually outside. Though... as we get closer to exams, I'm sure we could make a fully furnished duplex." He chuckled at his own words, thinking he'd much rather share a single house with Nath. Why was he imagining growing old?! Oh no! They were only teenagers, and beside, he hadn't answered just yet.

After his words had finally come out, Theo bit his lip hard. Now it was all up to the blonde, and who knew how he'd react?! He stumbled over words for a second, at which time Theo watched his cheeks and ears redden vividly. Was he always that adorable with flustered? All at once, Nath practically shouted a jumble of words out at him. The Greek blinked rapidly, trying to decode the flurry of information he'd just received. Luckily, Nath calmed down enough to try again, this time at a normal human pace. Laili, (of course she'd been behind it), had been the one to point out Nath's persuasion, just as she'd pointed out his own. She must have superhuman abilities with that. After more explaining, Nath said he liked Theo too, and in that second, Theo was pretty sure his heart stopped.

Nath shook his head before rephrasing his question, during which time Theo was struggling to contain what was surely a way-too-excited grin trying to bubble up. Who wouldn't be excited, though? Especially when he agreed to go on a date. "I am glad. I was really nervous, y'know? Really scared that you wouldn't... well, wouldn't feel the same way. I've been trying to brave up for weeks! It's been a struggle, but now I feel like all the world is a delight. Knowing you feel the same." He flushed himself, feeling the heat rise into his face. "So... this weekend? We can escape our studies for a few hours? If not, well... we can always hide in a little book hut and spend time studying. I can bring treats?" He looked over at his boyfriend and grinned, feeling completely overjoyed.

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 9:31 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
αυgυѕтιи ∂υffу
☆ѕєςσи∂ уєαя нυffℓєρυff☆
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

xFeeling: Irked
xLocation: Library
xWith: No one
xStatus: Single

Augustin had been trying to prepare for his semester in the Common Room, but it was just too loud and active there for him, so he'd absconded to the Library to study. Even in the quiet through, he was still struggling to focus. He had seen his friends on the way to school, but he hadn't gotten much time to talk to them. And what he'd learned from his friends last year was that studying wasn't as important as he originally thought. He really had missed his friends. With a huff and a sigh, he closed his book and tucked it into his bag. Instead, he started to doodle in one of his notebooks, wondering if he should go looking for his friends or try to study again.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Out Of Character:
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Miss GryffindorK

Summer II

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 11:18 pm
User ImageUser Image

xx↝ Wнεяε αм I? Library - Misc. Section
xxx↝ Wнσ'ѕ ωιтн мε? Another student
xxxx↝ Wнαт'ѕ gσιиg σи? Reading and Exploring
xxxxx↝ Wнαт'ѕ σи мч мιиd? I really don't want to walk all the way back yet

Gus had been in the library for quite a while now, finding peace amongst the shelves. It helped that the library was nice and cozy. After studying for a while, Gus pushed himself to his feet to wander around for a few minutes. He found himself leaving the study section he'd been in and entering what seemed like an assorted collection of books. He looked around for a while before selecting a book that seemed nice to read. He looked around for a place to sit, but all the tables were occupied, mostly by older people with their books all spread out or by groups. After a few minutes, Gus was delighted to notice a table with only a boy about his age. "Hi there. Um... d'you mind if I sit here? All the tables are full. If you don't want, I can just mosey back toward my room..." He hugged the book to his chest, hoping the other boy wouldn't mind sharing the table.

Summer II

Sᴛᴀɴᴅ ᴏɴ ᴜᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ʙᴏᴡ, ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛ's sʜᴏᴡɪɴɢ
Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ɴᴏ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇsᴛ ᴡᴇ ɢᴏᴛ ɢᴏɪɴɢ
Sʜᴏᴜᴛ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ᴄʜᴀsᴇ. Sʜᴏᴜᴛ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛs ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋ
Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ's ɢᴏɴɴᴀ sᴛᴏᴘ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴏᴡ, I ɢᴜᴇss ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ʙᴇ ɢᴏɪɴɢ
Yᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʙᴇ ꜰᴀʀ, I'ᴍ ᴋᴇᴇᴘɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴀʀ, ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ
Gᴏ ᴏɴ, ɪᴛ's ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ʙᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ sᴛᴀʀᴛɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ sʜɪɴᴇ
'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏᴛ ɪs Gᴏʟᴅ, I ᴋɴᴏᴡ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏʟᴅ
I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ, I ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴍʏ ᴛʀᴇᴀsᴜʀᴇ
Aʟʟ I ɴᴇᴇᴅ ɪs ʏᴏᴜ ʙʏ ᴍʏ sɪᴅᴇ, sᴏ sʜɪɴᴇ ꜰᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ
Gᴏʟᴅ, I ᴋɴᴏᴡ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏʟᴅ ᴏʜ, I ᴋɴᴏᴡ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏʟᴅ

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:28 am
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
αυgυѕтιи ∂υffу
☆ѕєςσи∂ уєαя нυffℓєρυff☆
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

xFeeling: Interested
xLocation: Library
xWith: Augustus
xStatus: Single

The young Hufflepuff was still dealing with his dilemma when another boy approached and asked if he could sit at the table with him. Augustin smiled and looked the boy over, recognizing him from the Sorting recently. "You're Augustus Moore, right? First year in my house. I'm Augustin Duffy. I remembered your name because it's very similar to mine." He chuckled, then motioned towards the open chair at his table. "Please, I'm not using it. I was trying to study, but there are way too many things on my brain." He sighed, imagining his father scolding him for not studying and wasting his time chit-chating. Then again, his father didn't talk much to anyone about anything. August was much more a talker than him, or at least, he was discovering that he was.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Out Of Character:
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Miss GryffindorK

Summer II

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:50 pm
User ImageUser Image

xx↝ Wнεяε αм I? Library - Misc. Section
xxx↝ Wнσ'ѕ ωιтн мε? Augustin Duffy
xxxx↝ Wнαт'ѕ gσιиg σи? Reading and Exploring
xxxxx↝ Wнαт'ѕ σи мч мιиd? Stupid Lungs

Gus nodded happily when the other boy correctly identified him. Apparently his name was super similar to his own, and sure enough, Augustin was indeed close. Supposedly there was also an August around here somewhere. How weird. "You're right! I'm Gus, if you don't mind. But it's nice to meet you!" He grinned brightly, settling into the seat beside the other boy. If nothing else, he seemed really nice. He mentioned he had been studying, but he couldn't focus. "I know that feeling all too well. My brain's always full of crazy garbledygook and sometimes it kinda just.... bounces around in my brain so sometimes I don't study or... or..." He coughed quietly, a small wheeze curling in his lungs. He debated using his inhaler, but opted to wait a few more minutes so he didn't get worse just afterword. It was always a matter of timing.

Summer II

Sᴛᴀɴᴅ ᴏɴ ᴜᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ʙᴏᴡ, ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛ's sʜᴏᴡɪɴɢ
Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ɴᴏ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇsᴛ ᴡᴇ ɢᴏᴛ ɢᴏɪɴɢ
Sʜᴏᴜᴛ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ᴄʜᴀsᴇ. Sʜᴏᴜᴛ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛs ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋ
Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ's ɢᴏɴɴᴀ sᴛᴏᴘ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴏᴡ, I ɢᴜᴇss ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ʙᴇ ɢᴏɪɴɢ
Yᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʙᴇ ꜰᴀʀ, I'ᴍ ᴋᴇᴇᴘɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴀʀ, ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ
Gᴏ ᴏɴ, ɪᴛ's ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ʙᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ sᴛᴀʀᴛɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ sʜɪɴᴇ
'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏᴛ ɪs Gᴏʟᴅ, I ᴋɴᴏᴡ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏʟᴅ
I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ, I ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴍʏ ᴛʀᴇᴀsᴜʀᴇ
Aʟʟ I ɴᴇᴇᴅ ɪs ʏᴏᴜ ʙʏ ᴍʏ sɪᴅᴇ, sᴏ sʜɪɴᴇ ꜰᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ
Gᴏʟᴅ, I ᴋɴᴏᴡ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏʟᴅ ᴏʜ, I ᴋɴᴏᴡ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏʟᴅ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:42 am
User Image
                                                ╔════════════════════════════════╗
                                                Penelope Barrett
                                                Fifteen Years Old - Fifth Year - Gryffindor - Reserve Keeper - Halfblood
                                                Leader of the Art of the Sword - Member of Namaste

╚════════════════════════════════╝

Penelope sifted through the books on the shelf, looking for one that can help her with her essay for Transfiguration. She had invited Eden to join her in researching, and ideally, she wanted to get started after Herbology and finish prior to heading to Namaste, but her rival had Dueling Club during that time. So, she settled for going after Namaste. He had also suggested going after A History of Magic, but the Gryffindor had already made other arrangements during that time. Once the yoga meeting ended, Penny rushed to the dorms to quickly change into something warmer (and cuter) before making her way to the Library to meet up with the blond.

“I think this might help,” she said as her hand stopped on one book, titled A Study into the Possibility of Reversing the Actual and Metaphysical Effects of Natural Death, with Particular Regard to the Reintegration of Essence and Matter. Pulling it out, she placed it on their shared table and sat down next to Eden, who was flipping through another book. Penny leaned in closer to him to share their findings. After a bit of time, she felt like they had found enough and could go back to their dorms to get ready for bed. But, she didn’t want their spending time together to end.

“Hey, Eden,” she started slowly as she slid her notebook into her bag. “Did you want to go out sometime? Maybe on our next Hogsmeade weekend?” she asked, her heart beating powerfully in her chest. Penelope wasn’t typically one to ask someone out, but at this rate, it seemed like Eden was never going to ask her, even if he liked her. So, she took a chance, awaiting for him to respond.

((OOC: fast forward to library >D and lolol it's all good, I managed to follow the earlier posts))

Pretty ballerina, now she is the q u e e n of the dancing floor
                                                Pretty ballerina, w h o would ever think she could be this w a y

addaellis

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

addaellis

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:40 am

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

fifth year || Hufflepuff prefect || muggleborn
Dueling Club sharpshooter || Namaste Club apprentice || Quidditch beater and vice captain

Eden had had an extra hour and a half after Dueling to shower and get a spot at the Library; he had, of course, spent that time reading the chapter for Transfiguration in a desperate bid to not be entirely unprepared when meeting Penelope. The chapter had made about enough sense. He thought he had seemed decently informed and intelligent as they hunted for more research texts anyways. He had been nervous and suspicious, but thus far not a single ridiculous question or challenge or test had been issued. It was like they were friends studying together, instead of...rivals who were competing for a higher grade. Penelope had said some things that made him understand transfiguration a little better--not that he would ever admit it-- and somewhere Eden had to admit he missed studying like this with friends, bouncing ideas off each other and teaching each other. Today, Penelope felt like less of an opponent or clubmate and more like a...friend?

Eden was trying to parse through an article on Conjuration in Transfiguration Today when Penelope returned with a tome that gave him a headache just reading the title. But with some notes finagling and discussion, they managed to pull something useful out of even that text. That hadn't been that bad? Studying was always bad, but that had been...actually kind of fun? Well, that was all the positive stuff. He now had a dump of information he had to figure out how to organize and write about. Couldn’t he just staple a bunch of quotes from their sources together and submit that? Ugh.

As they packed up, Penelope asked if he’d want to go to Hogsmeade with her. Eden furrowed his brow for a moment before remembering: ”Oh, for the Spintwitches sale? Sure, I guess. I was going to get a new pair of goggles anyways.” And maybe pick up a gift for Callie. Maybe a new wand holster because she was getting into dueling? Eden replied casually, but his brow remained knit in confusion. Why in the world did she phrase it like that? Then realizing he had said these same words himself once, his tone turned serious and grave. ”Wait, you mean...like a date? You mean you…like me?”

setting Desk at the Library, nearly curfew, a Wednesday in Winter 2052 || with Penelope
appearance 5’6”, fit || wearing dark shirt and khakis
status Confusion

Transfiguration Today is a research journal on transfiguration. Taken from the Wikia Spintwitches is a sports supply store in Hogsmeade. It’s NPC owned and empty of info so i just….made things up >.>””””

kiska166

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Tranquil as a forest
But on fire within
Once you find your center
You are sure to win
You're a spineless, pale, pathetic lot
And you haven't got a clue
♖♜
~"I'll Make a Man Out of You" by Danny Osmond from Mulan. Cover by Caleb Hyles.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:26 pm
User Image
                                                Penelope Barrett

Penelope looked up at Eden, hopeful that he’d say something that sounded like a yes, but instead, he thought she was asking him to go shopping. She frowned a bit. That wasn’t a no, but the boy had completely misread the situation. She supposed she could pretend that she wanted to go shopping, and coax him into getting dinner with her some place romantic. Maybe then he’d get the hint. And if not, how obvious would she have to be? Would he not understand that she was asking him out unless she spelled it out for him?

“That’s not exactly what I meant,” she admitted softly before adding, “But we could do that.” Yep, she’d definitely have to drag this trip to Hogsmeade out long enough for them to get hungry, so she can entice him with food. Would this mean she’d have to pay for them both? She couldn’t possibly pay for hers and have him pay for his – Twitches (Teen Witches) Magazine had said it plain and simply: it was not a date unless one person paid for both meals. If Eden didn’t even realize they were on a date until they were physically on said date, he probably wouldn’t volunteer to pay.

Penelope noticed that Eden still looked confused, so she raised an eyebrow. He shouldn’t have been confused anymore – they agreed to go shopping. The next two questions that rolled off his tongue confirmed that he wasn’t as oblivious as he seemed to be a moment ago as he realized that Penny asked him out on a date. Penelope didn’t know why she felt so horrified. Perhaps it was the tone of voice he used when he asked if she liked him. Oh, God. Did he not like her? “Um, y-yeah,” she stuttered, gulping what felt like a pound of saliva before admitting, “I was asking you on a date. Do you want to go out?” This was absolutely mental. Penny felt so out of her comfort zone, but she hoped things would work out well and that making the first move would be worth all of the discomfort she felt in that moment.

((OOC: Go for it. Break her heart >D))

addaellis

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

addaellis

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:20 am

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

fifth year || Hufflepuff prefect || muggleborn
Dueling Club sharpshooter || Namaste Club apprentice || Quidditch beater and vice captain

”Why in the world would I like you?”Eden replied, tone more harsh than he meant to. His eyes narrowed in perplexed suspicion and his guard was up again ”I thought you wanted to be rivals? Like enemies?”

Well, he guessed that Penelope talking to him and inviting him to study together made more sense if she had a crush. He’d thought they’d been...well, clubmates at least before this whole strange rivalry. But obviously they were opponents and competitors, however fun the last hour had been. How did she go from competing over grades to dating and romance? Not that Eden knew anything about romance though obviously. Between Skipper stealing Weslyn and Chadwick stealing Callie, it wasn’t like Eden had friends, much less a girlfriend. Maybe, just maybe...I mean...we have Namaste together and Quidditch and today was actually...kinda fun?… Penelope’s clever, and...we have things in common. We...could maybe work?

No, that was dishonest, and it didn’t feel fair to Penelope to date under false pretenses. Eden straightened stiffly. ”Um. I can’t date you because I like someone else.” That...sucked, honestly. It just meant both of them would be alone and there would be this awkward distance between their conversations now . “We...should probably not do this weekend then, under these circumstances. Sorry. I...didn’t realize you felt that way.”

Eden felt kinda shitty after that. He hadn’t meant to make her upset, but as usual he couldn't seem to do anything right. Great. The closest thing to a fun rivalry and he’d gone and been horribly rude to her. He remembered vaguely what it was like to ask Weslyn out, and a little less vaguely what it had felt like when she broke up with. Penelope had been extraordinarily brave to confess and ask him out like that. And...maybe they would have worked? Why’d he have to be so damn insensitive?

setting Desk at the Library, nearly curfew, a Wednesday in Winter 2052 || with Penelope
appearance 5’6”, fit || wearing dark shirt and khakis
status Straightforward rejection

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Tranquil as a forest
But on fire within
Once you find your center
You are sure to win
You're a spineless, pale, pathetic lot
And you haven't got a clue
♖♜
~"I'll Make a Man Out of You" by Danny Osmond from Mulan. Cover by Caleb Hyles.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:43 am
User Image
                                                Penelope Barrett

Penelope blinked, letting out a quiet yet audible gasp. She was so stupid. So, so, so stupid for thinking that Eden might actually like her back. She should have never asked him out. He was right, they were rivals – enemies – and that was all they would ever be. Penelope was stunned, her ability to speak gone just like that. Maybe she should have prepared for the worst because this was definitely it. The worst possible thing that could have happened, happened. The only way it would have been worse was if they weren’t alone, but Penny couldn’t bring herself to look around to see if other students were watching and laughing at her.

Penelope’s silence caused Eden to tell her that he couldn’t date her because he liked someone else. Whether or not that was true, Penny didn’t know. Part of her wanted to ask who the girl he liked was, but another part of her wasn’t sure she could take it if she had found out he lied to make her feel better. Knowing there was another girl wouldn’t have made her feel better anyway, not after he had asked, “Why in the world would I like you?” It was her. He didn’t like her because of who she was, not because some other girl was better. That realization replaced her shock with sorrow, and she felt tears stinging behind her eyes as they tried to flow to the front.

Penelope looked away from Eden, blinking away her tears the best that she could. She really didn’t want him to see her cry. Penny nodded, agreeing that they should not hang out this weekend. Or any weekend. The girl didn’t comment on her enemy’s – yes, enemy's – apology. Instead, she slung her bag over her shoulder and quickly said, “I have to go,” before rushing out of the library. She still hadn’t made any eye contact with him, and only let her tears fall once her back was to Eden, so he couldn’t see.

((OOC: This feels like the end of the scene – I would say no need to post Eden again))

addaellis

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

The Library

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items