Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Library
Study Area Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:02 am
User Image

Aɪᴅᴇɴᴇ Aᴢᴜʀᴀ Kɪᴇʀᴀɴ

sixth year || Ravenclaw || pureblood vampire
Art Club doodler || Astronomy Club friend || Adventurer's Guild cleric || Cooking Club challenger
Dueling Club duelist (winter) || Fencing club senior || Fite Club founder || Quidditch beater

Professor Deadman’s responses clinched it for her. Aidene nodded in confirmation when he asked if she was the night classes/ vampire student. She tried to smile when the professor asked how she was holding up after dropping her cooking stuff. Well, he knew about her vampirism, so there was no need to make up an answer on that front. ”I miss it. I thought I’d be okay even if I couldn’t taste things as I cooked, but sometimes the smells are just overpowering. I can’t add garlic to anything, and even a touch of oil on carrots fills the kitchen. And of course, everything tastes like cardboard gruel with a side of stomach ache.” Aidene changed her mind quickly. ”How much can you eat, Professor, if you don’t mind my asking? Do you have a favorite dish?”

She’d noted his surprise earlier when she’d exclaimed he knew the Old Man-- her perhaps less-than accurate nickname for the firmly 30’s looking man she and Talbot had tried to thieve from a few years ago. But her question confirmed it: Professor Deadman definitely knew who she was talking about, and he was definitely Lore’s biological...descendant. That made him part of the clan, right? Aidene grinned when he asked how she’d met Lore. ”One of my good friends and I were in Hogsmeade on a quest! I asked Lore if he wanted cake and he did not, unfortunately, want cake. He’s also friends with my grandpa, so that's cool.” Aidene said with a shrug. She intentionally left the question of if she was in the Nox clan unconfirmed. Knowing Lore was one thing. And if Professor Deadman was a relative then it made sense he knew Lore was a vampire. But Aidene didn't know of any half-vampire children in the clan. What was the story here? "Snitch? What about?”

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Legends never die
They become a part of you
Every time you bleed for reaching greatness
Relentless you survive

~"Legends Never Die" by Against the Current

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:57 pm
User Image

𝐖𝐨𝐥𝐟𝐠𝐚𝐧𝐠_𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐦𝐚𝐧spaces
                                                        ( German Half-VampireDurmstrang AlumnusAstronomer ) xx

𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕: 𝑳𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒊𝒕𝒉𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒐𝒏𝒆
                                                        𝑾𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒂 𝒃𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒓 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒃𝒐𝒅𝒚 𝒆𝒍𝒔𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒐𝒏𝒆
                                                        𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆, 𝑰 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒏𝒐 𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒎𝒊𝒆𝒔
                                                        𝑰𝒕'𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒂 𝒎𝒂𝒏: 𝑨𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆, 𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆, 𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒑𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒆
                                                        𝑶𝒉, 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒖𝒕𝒉 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒉 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒓

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

As Wolfgang listened to AIdene's wistful recalling about food and vampirism, his expression as always looked neutral. But deep inside, he honestly felt bad for the student. But Aidene was probably having so many people holding her on pity, and no one wants to be pitied. Which is why Wolfgang policed his own expression to be neutral at best. He won't expect Aidene to read his mind, nor take a hint, besides he always believed that no one needs to know what he truly felt anyway. Thankfully, she went ahead and tried to change the subject, to which he replied with ease, "Well," he made a small smile, "I do like carbonara, especially with mushrooms. Of course, that doesn't mean you have to cook one to flatter me." The last one was both a joke and an honest statement at the same time. Wolfgang has experienced some, er, flatterers in his time of career. It didn't make him angry, but it did make him a little bit uncomfortable.

Wolfgang quietly sighed when Aidene made a not-answer to his question. Great, good to know his old man of a father didn't change from what he remembered: an unreadable aloof boomer. Even as a child, he never really understood what was going on with his father's mind, either. And even then as a thirty-six year old man, Wolfgang felt like Firmin Deadman wasn't really a father to him. More of a stranger, honestly. Shaking his head, he tried to smile for Aidene's sake. "He doesn't change, huh. If that old man doesn't want cake, you can just give it to me, his voice a little bit bitter when talking about his father, but he gave an amused smirk to cancel it out, "Obviously that won't change anything about your grade if I was your professor, but I do like sweet food."

He fell quiet when Aidene seemed persistent in wanting to know his connection with his father. Wolfgang really wanted to get mad at her, but he can't. Aidene didn't know, and she didn't know the whole story. But if she's a vampire, and vampires are able to pick up the scent enough to know that he's related to Firmin Deadman... Then there wasn't really any way to lie, is there? "Hmm. If my personal experience were a water-down version of a vampire's enhanced senses. I assume vampires' sense of smell are strong enough to sense what I am, so I might as well just tell you," he mused, leaning back to his chair as he gestured for Aidene to take a seat across him, "Lore Deadman is actually my father. And yes, that means I'm half-vampire," He winced as if his past school trauma made his confession of his halfbreed heritage physically painful. He continued as if nothing happened, "But, um, unfortunately... I actually haven't seen him in years, Sorry if you're, well... looking forward to me talking about our relationship as father-and-son."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝑾𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒂 𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒆𝒓, 𝒐𝒉, 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒖𝒕𝒉 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒓
                                                        𝑰'𝒎 𝒂𝒍𝒌𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒆: 𝑰'𝒎 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒌𝒆𝒆𝒑𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒂𝒔𝒊𝒄𝒔
                                                        𝑰'𝒎 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒃𝒐𝒂𝒓𝒅, 𝑰'𝒎 𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇-𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒗𝒆, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇-𝒊𝒎𝒑𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒕
                                                        𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝑰'𝒎 𝒂𝒏𝒙𝒊𝒐𝒖𝒔, 𝑰'𝒎 𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇-𝒂𝒔𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒅
                                                        𝑰'𝒎 𝒏𝒆𝒓𝒗𝒐𝒖𝒔, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑰'𝒎 𝒑𝒂𝒄𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝑰'𝒎 𝒑𝒂𝒄𝒊𝒏𝒈

xxxoυт oғ cнαrαcтerxxx
                                                        ((ooc))

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                        wнeɴ - Fall 2050xx
                                                        wнere - Library Tablesxxxx
                                                        wιтн - Lalli
                                                        xxxxxx

addaellis

Quote:

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

addaellis

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:42 pm
User Image

Aɪᴅᴇɴᴇ Aᴢᴜʀᴀ Kɪᴇʀᴀɴ

Art Club doodler || Astronomy Club friend || Adventurer's Guild cleric || Cooking Club challenger
Dueling Club duelist (winter) || Fencing club senior || Fite Club founder || Quidditch beater

Aidene couldn’t tell what Professor Deadman was thinking or feeling as she rambled easily about food and vampirism. He smiled as he revealed he liked carbonara, which brought a smile to her own face--”No way! That was my favorite dish! No mushrooms though. I made it with pine nuts.” she cheered. She had tried roasting pine nuts this summer and the house smelled like they’d bathed the whole place in nuts and pasta...which wasn’t necessarily a bad thing, just...too much.

A few minutes later, Professor Deadman agreed that Old Man Lore did not ever want cake-- but offered to take any cake. She laughed this time. “Even if you were my professor I wouldn’t need to flatter you for my Astronomy grade,” she boasted confidently. Sure Aidene had only managed an A on the OWL, but usually she did well enough for an E...when she didn’t forget what the homework was. Okay, Quest received: Find out what the astronomy homework was and actually do it this week….or next week. Oh well, Professor Deadman didn’t know all that! ”I do pretty okay in Astronomy…usually.

”One of my friends--my baking instructor actually-- runs the new bakery in Hogsmeade. He has a bunch of new cake flavors under development now. If I catch him before closing one weekend I’ll bring you some,”
she promised with a grin. There was a note of wistfulness and sadness still, but she was considerably more cheerful. She missed Master Theo. She had their letters from the summer, but they were poor replacement for baking lessons and random visits to the bakery. With the nights getting longer...maybe one weekend she’d actually make it before closing? It was something to look forward to. Yes. This is what she would tell herself.

Professor Deadman confirmed that he was a half-vampire and Lore was his father...but they hadn’t talked in years. Aidene made a confused face at this revelation. The way he said it--hadn’t seen him in years, didn’t have much to say about their relationship as father-son--she couldn’t help think this was the “haven’t seen him” kind of relationship she had with her own birth-mother. But given how Lore had welcomed her when he’d turned her...and how patient he’d been with her in the last year...she couldn’t see him as a negligent or absent father to his own child. She opened her mouth to ask, but thought better of it. Professor Deadman didn’t seem to not enjoy this line of questions and probing further sounded like a 5-heart question or Charisma 25 check. Instead she settled for a casual nod and promise: ”I see...If that’s what you were worried about, don’t worry, I won’t snitch about your race class.”

Aidene perched on the chair across from Professor Deadman. She was quiet for a moment, her imagination running wild with ideas of how a snitch--it had been an old student much like herself, she decided, which explained why the professor was worried and why he had to leave Hogwarts before. The snitch had ended up joining vampire hunters and Professor Deadman had to duel them! The sun was coming up and he’d gotten burned by a flaming claw--a dark torchic! Yes, and then he was away for the last five years but was now back...to get revenge! You know, the more she looked at it, the more she could imagine how a torchic-claw might have (or might have not) made the scar. Did... you have a bad experience with a snitch before? Was it what led to the torchic-claw scar?

Legends never die
Relentless you survive

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:53 pm
User Image

𝐖𝐨𝐥𝐟𝐠𝐚𝐧𝐠_𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐦𝐚𝐧spaces
                                                        ( German Half-VampireDurmstrang AlumnusAstronomer ) xx

𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕: 𝑳𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒊𝒕𝒉𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒐𝒏𝒆
                                                        𝑾𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒂 𝒃𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒓 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒃𝒐𝒅𝒚 𝒆𝒍𝒔𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒐𝒏𝒆
                                                        𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆, 𝑰 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒏𝒐 𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒎𝒊𝒆𝒔
                                                        𝑰𝒕'𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒂 𝒎𝒂𝒏: 𝑨𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆, 𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆, 𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒑𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒆
                                                        𝑶𝒉, 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒖𝒕𝒉 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒉 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒓

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Wolfgang blinked in curiosity when Aidene said that she cook her favorite food (and his) with... pine nuts. That was honestly an odd ingredient to put but he's not going to question it, he just really loves button mushrooms on his own part. The scent of that pasta is the only strong smell he didn't get annoyed over, that's for sure. Moving on the Astronomy, Aidene assured him that she's okay with Astronomy class, which made the professor nod in approval, "That's good, keep it up," he smiled, "Back when I taught in Beauxbatons I've seen a few students who were trying really hard to flatter me into being cozy with them. It didn't make me angry, but it did make it very- um. Uncomfortable, not gonna lie. I want students to focus on their own growth and knowledge, not impress like they're on a job interview. I think there's someone else more fit to teach that part." He wasn't great at being social, either, even if he was trying to improve himself in making friends. There was Jer for one, and Madam Borson, but that's it.

He made a deep sigh when Aidene assured him that his whole half-vampire secret won't leave this room, because the thought of telling someone that he's a half-vampire could give him anxiety. Especially when he got assaulted in the UK years ago, which is kind of upsetting. "I trust you to keep your word for my own sense of safety, please don't break it." He may have emphasized the "please" a bit, but he didn't give a s**t about that.

Wolfgang blinked when this teenager assumed that someone (******** Rasmus) snitching on his heritage is what led him into having the scar on his face. To the point that he broke into laughter, because of how unrelated those two are. But also, the thought of Rasmus having the guts to directly give him a scar in dueling is laughable. For a brief moment, he forgot that that son of a b***h was the one who almost ruined his entire life with his family. "The jackass no-honor snitch? Giving me this scar? He wished. I'm better than him in dueling, he knows he can't win against me head-on," besides... Rasmus was good at injuring people psychologically so. There's that. But Aidene didn't need to know that and Wolfgang didn't want to either. Not that Lore would care if Aidene told him since he was doing a s**t job as a father. "But no, I actually got this scar because a dark wizard broke into my cousin's house and I fought him at one point. No one died, don't worry about it." Wolfgang shrugged, trying to play it off as if it wasn't a horrible event. Even if Wolfgang actually did ALMOST die. "I'd wish I get scratched by a pokemon though, or a dragon. That'd be a good icebreaker to tell to anyone I meet, I guess."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝑾𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒂 𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒆𝒓, 𝒐𝒉, 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒖𝒕𝒉 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒓
                                                        𝑰'𝒎 𝒂𝒍𝒌𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒆: 𝑰'𝒎 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒌𝒆𝒆𝒑𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒂𝒔𝒊𝒄𝒔
                                                        𝑰'𝒎 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒃𝒐𝒂𝒓𝒅, 𝑰'𝒎 𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇-𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒗𝒆, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇-𝒊𝒎𝒑𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒕
                                                        𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝑰'𝒎 𝒂𝒏𝒙𝒊𝒐𝒖𝒔, 𝑰'𝒎 𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇-𝒂𝒔𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒅
                                                        𝑰'𝒎 𝒏𝒆𝒓𝒗𝒐𝒖𝒔, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑰'𝒎 𝒑𝒂𝒄𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝑰'𝒎 𝒑𝒂𝒄𝒊𝒏𝒈

xxxoυт oғ cнαrαcтerxxx
                                                        ((ooc))

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                        wнeɴ - Fall 2050xx
                                                        wнere - Library Tablesxxxx
                                                        wιтн - Lalli
                                                        xxxxxx

addaellis

Quote:

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

addaellis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:39 am
User Image

Aɪᴅᴇɴᴇ Aᴢᴜʀᴀ Kɪᴇʀᴀɴ

Aidene listened carefully as Professor Deadman explained there had been some uncomfortableness with students at Beauxbatons. Sure she used to make food or baked goods for her favorite professors--could she really call herself a fan of Professor Cohen’s if she didn’t get her favorite professor term-end presents?--and clubs, but that was just how you built hearts with people, and she wasn’t going to eat all that she made anyways. It was simply effective to gift the products of grinding cooking EXP to help increase hearts across the board. ”I guess you’re saying that class should just be for grinding subject EXP,” she murmured. That made sense too. The best way to fangirl in DADA was just to max her DADA EXP with homework, practice. Just being really good was good fangirling. ”I mean, sure. I get there’s like a 4-heart cap on student-teacher relationships so that’s awkward. But maybe they just wanted to flatter you because they liked you.” Aidene shrugged. She’d been called a suck-up and teacher’s pet too. ”It sucks you were uncomfortable. Did you ever tell them that wasn’t an effective strat for you?”

She saluted smartly when Professor Deadman said he’d trust her to keep her word. She intended to fully, of course. Professor Deadman seemed very concerned about this staying a secret though, and she kind of understood there was some danger involved. Well, no one was hearing it from her. Well. Maybe she’d ask Lore about it later. But Lore already knew. Hmmm. ”Yeah, I won’t say anything. But hey, do you know Talbot Clifton? Does he know you?”

Of all reactions, Aidene hadn’t expected Professor Deadman to start laughing in response to her question. Reality and imagination came into conflict for a confusing moment. But after his explanations, she grinned as well: ”Ooo okay so Jackass Snitch was a dishonorable chump.” The showdown in her head changed considerably, with the snitch cowering pathetically.

The next part was even more interesting: ”Hey fighting a dark wizard is just as crazy an icebreaker! Why were they in your cousin’s house? How did it happen?” Her surprised curiosity tempered down a bit. She didn’t know if Celestina counted as a dark witch, but she’d fought an actual duel before and didn't go around telling new people about it. She sat back down. Still, Professor Deadman seemed pretty casual about it. She provided a fun out just in case: ”If you don’t mind. We can just talk about pokemon too.”

Legends never die
Relentless you survive

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:18 pm
User Image

╔════════════════════════════╗
                                                Jessica Quimby-Winthrop
                                                Fifth Year - Fifteen Years Old - Slytherin - Pureblood - Adopted
                                                Co-Director of the Drama Club and Member of the Culinary Club

╚════════════════════════════╝

With her textbook and notes stuffed into her backpack, Jessica plopped herself down in an empty chair at an almost empty table. It was a larger table for six to eight students, but the only other student there was on the other side, on the other end of the table. So, she figured she wouldn’t be bothering him with her presence. Today, her focus was on Arithmancy. She was struggling in the course and her OWL exam was coming up fast and furious as summer was just around the corner. If she didn’t get a handle on understanding it soon, she was afraid she’d fail.

Jessica flipped her textbook open after pulling it out of her bag, laid her notes out in front of her, and began writing, attempting to solve problems. For the first fifteen minutes or so, she was laser focused. Frustrated, but focused. How difficult is it to decode a freaking made up message? she wondered, blowing air out of her mouth, causing her bangs to fly up for a moment before settling back down in their spot. Leaning back in her chair, her eyes wandered to the boy at her table. It was Lochi Bardsdale, one of her classmate, and he was eating chocolate. Yum! What she would do for chocolate right now. Jessica brought a snack of her own – trail mix. Who brought trail mix to a library? She was going to get crumbs everywhere and get kicked out. Chocolate would have been a better idea. Plus, it was yummier. Jessica flicked her gaze away, thinking that Lochi must have just noticed that she was staring. However, only a moment passed before she looked back at it, mouth practically watering.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

The world comes to life and everything's bright
                                                From beginning to end when you have a friend

Cinnabun Gryffie

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:27 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Library - Study Area
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Jessica from Slytherin
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Study Session and Chocolate Breaks
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? She's always seemed nice

Lochi was curled up in one of the library chairs, brows furrowed as he squinted at the defence book before him. He'd collected a bunch of books on the subject, since he was pretty sure he was set to flunk the class. With OWL exams just a couple weeks away, he was struggling to make sure he was prepared in all his classes. Luckily he wasn't in too many, since he'd heard of some people who took most, if not all the classes. He sighed at the book, the words swirling in his brain.

He broke off a piece of his chocolate bar, snacking quietly on his treat. He'd picked up several bars of chocolate to help get him through all this studying. Looking up, he noticed the girl at the other end of the table was looking at him.... no, not at him, but at his candy. With a grin, Lochi leaned over and rooted through his bag. Pulling out a bar of fancy chocolate, he slid it across the table and over to her. "Take it. I've got loads in my bag. Studying is kicking my butt." He glanced at his book, then figured he could take a break. "Whatcha working on? I've been stuck on Defence all afternoon and it's making me go nuts." He chuckled quietly, offering a smile over toward Jessica.

Kiska166

Yᴏᴜ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴇᴇ ᴍʏ ғᴀᴠᴏʀɪᴛᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ,
Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴀ ɢʟɪᴍᴘsᴇ ᴏғ ɢᴏʟᴅ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ sᴋɪɴs.
I ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴏɴ ᴀɪʀ ᴡʜᴇɴᴇᴠᴇʀ I'ᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇᴍ,
Tʜᴇʏ'ʀᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴀᴘᴘɪɴᴇss ʙᴇɢɪɴs.
Aɴᴅ I'ᴍ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ᴏᴡɴ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇᴍ I'ᴍ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ
Tʜᴇʏ'ʀᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴅɪᴀᴍᴏɴᴅs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪᴀᴍᴏɴᴅs ᴀʀᴇ ғᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:18 pm
User Image

Jessica Quimby-Winthrop

Jessica averted her gaze again quickly when she noticed that Lochi had indeed noticed her staring. But then he offered her his chocolate. Did she hear that correctly? Jess looked back at him as he held out the chocolate bar, so she reached over and took it. “Thanks,” she said with a smirk, reacting to him admitting that his arse was getting kicked. “Same here,” she responded, huffing once again. “Arithmancy. I’d rather work on Defence – at least I’m good at that.” The Slytherin girl unwrapped her bar and bit a chunk out of it in frustration. Ugh, so good, she thought as she chewed, enjoying the first moment of bliss since she arrived at the library today. “Hey, uh, you wanna take a break from Defence and help me out with Arithmancy?” she asked after swallowing the piece of chocolaty goodness. She hoped Lochi would said yes – she needed all of the help she could get.

Cinnabun Gryffie

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:13 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Study Session and Chocolate Breaks
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? She's always seemed nice

Lochi nodded when Jess thanked him for the chocolate bar. After mentioning that studies were kicking his butt, Jess agreed, then said she'd rather swap her Arithmancy homework for his Defence. Apparently she was good at Defence, which would be great. Maybe they could help each other out. She bit into the chocolate bar, so he did the same, breaking off a small piece of his chocolate bar and putting it into his mouth.

She then asked if he wanted to take a break to give her a hand with Arithmancy. Heck yea! "Absolutely! I'm pretty good at Arithmancy. Probably not the best in the class, but I'm not terrible. I've got enough chocolate to last a solid few hours. Also I've got some chocolate covered blueberries my mom sent. Either way. We should be good for a while!" He grabbed his bag and scooted over, sitting across from Jess. He grabbed his own Arithmancy textbook, along with his notebook with all his neatly written notes of the past three years. He peeked at the chapter she was in, flipping to the matching page in his book and his notes. "Is there a particular spot you're stuck on, or is it just the whole thing? I can definitely try to clarify stuff." He set out a few more chocolate bars and set them between the two of them. That way they'd be able to snack at their leisure.

Kiska166

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:42 pm
User Image

Jessica Quimby-Winthrop

Jessica sighed in relief, almost having had expected Lochi to say no. After all, it seemed like he needed to study for Defence. She supposed if he helped her out with Arithmancy; however, she could return the favour with Defence. He proceeded to say that he wasn’t the best, but she didn’t need the best. She just needed someone who could help her pass. Her smile stretched larger as he continued on to say that he had enough chocolate and chocolate covered blueberries to last them a while. “Glad to hear it. Oh – !” she said, suddenly remembering that she had brought stupid trail mix.

Maybe she could at least trade it and have more of the chocolate. “I have trail mix,” she informed Lochi as she pulled out the baggy she had packed from her bag. “Have as much of it as you want,” she insisted, placing it on the table far enough away that it wouldn’t disturb their studies, but close enough that Lochi could reach out for it comfortably whenever he wanted. Jessica peered over her textbook as Lochi flipped through his to get to the same page that she was on. “Honestly, I’m having trouble with Heart Numbers and Social Numbers,” she explained. “I can’t seem to get any of the answers right to the OWL review questions. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong.” Feeling hopeless, she finished her chocolate bar and reached for another.

Cinnabun Gryffie

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:24 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Arithmancy Breakdown!
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I love this class

Lochi grinned when Jess said she was glad he'd brought a bunch of chocolates. She grabbed out a bit of trail mix, seeming pretty happy to have a trade. He offered a nervous grin, hoping it wasn't obviously bad. "Thank you, but I'm not a huge fan of nuts, especially peanuts. But, don't worry. I just ate a bit ago." After that, Jess started on where she was having troubles. Apparently it was the heart and social numbers getting her. Then again, the OWL review questions weren't super helpful either. "I don't blame you. Somehow review tests are way worse than actual tests. But, I've got lots of notes, which maybe can help?"

He flipped through his notes, settling on the page about heart numbers. "Okay, Heart numbers. They're typically the second one done, after Character Numbers. Character numbers are like... general personality. Heart numbers represent the individual’s inner life and can indicate desires and fears hidden from others. It's figured by taking the name, minus the consonants, then using the same number chart. Figure out the numbers, add them up, and boom. Heart number." For an example, he scribbled down his own name, Lochi Elias Bardsdale, then pulled the character number of 78 by adding all the numbers. He reduced that to 15, then again to 6. From there, he wrote down the numbers of just the vowels, then added up to 37, then reduced to 1. Next, he did the same for just the consonants, adding to 41, reducing to 5. "Okay. So here we have my Character Number of 6, which is all the letters of my name, use the chart for the numbers, then added. That gets us 78, then 7+8 gets us 15, then 1+5 ends us with 6. Heart numbers is the same thing, but vowels only. That makes it 37. 3+7 is 10, which is just 1. Social is all the consonants, so they add to 41. 4+1 is 5. So Character is 6, Heart is 1, and Social is 5. Just like that. Next we'll look at the meanings of the numbers, okay? Unless you wanna practice some more...."

User Image

Kiska166

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:05 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxWʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Library - Study Area
xxxWʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Books and Butterscotch Candies
xxxxWʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Study Time!
xxxxxWʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? History is so boring...

Tzuki was planning extra study days for her incoming OWL exams this year. She gathered a few of her class books and headed for the library, where she could get in some quiet time. She loved her roommates, really, but they had a habit of being a little rowdy some nights, and that always drew Tzuki into the fun, which made being diligent about books so much harder. She dressed comfortably, then headed to the library. Luckily it was a warm enough day she wouldn't need one of her comfy sweaters. Once at the library, she tapped her way to the study area and found a small table that was cleared off. Perfect. She put a butterscotch candy in her mouth and grabbed out her book for History and flipped to the chapter she'd last been working on. Perhaps she could learn something new? Fingers nimbly ran over the raised bumps on her pages, the girl tapping her toes as she finished each line.

{{Wearing x}}
          addaellis

Jᴜsᴛ ᴄʟᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇs, ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴ ɪs ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ
          Yᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ, ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴜʀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴏᴡ
          Cᴏᴍᴇ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ ʟɪɢʜᴛ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ sᴀғᴇ ᴀɴᴅ sᴏᴜɴᴅ
          Jᴜsᴛ ᴄʟᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇs, ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:16 am

User Image♩♯⌬
ANGIER HUIYAN ZHENG

first year || Slytherin || halfbood
Adventurer's Guild wizard || Astronomy club nerd || Daily Dragon writer and photographer || Music club violinist and cellist

In the few days before classes started, Angier was mostly exploring the campus and talking to his dormmates.

Angie wandered down the aisles, picking out a few interesting-looking books-- no one to tell him too many books now, huh! He stumbled upon a cozy looking aisle of tables and a few industrious students already hard at work. Wow. They were even bigger nerds than he was, studying before classes had started! These were going to be his people! With a grin at the other studious people, Angie plopped his stack of books down next to a small table, leaned back against a chair, and flipped open a book on the history of music magic.

~~♩♯⌬~⌬♯♩~~

Hours later, after a particularly interesting (and confusing) chapter about how toads were used in wizarding choirs, Angier sat back and stretched. The stressed out upperclassman was gone, and-- ”Gah!”

So startled, Angier nearly fell out of his chair when he saw who had taken over the small table. It was the angel he’d seen at the Sorting Feast! He’d recognize her anywhere! He’d caught her in passing over the last few days, but never so close. Angie hid behind his book, excitement drumming under his ribs like a vibrato beneath his finger. Was this fate? The universe’s design? Good luck? Should he say something? He didn’t want to break her concentration if she was reading. What was she reading? What did she like to read?

setting Reading area, before school starts September 2054 || with Miss Angel~
appearance 4’5” + glasses || wearing dark shirt and shorts
status !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, you were the aftermath
Of every judgment
So cold by the sweat that
You'll waste away
And you carry your enemies
But they're so familiar
I'm sick of the company
So I cull the shame
⌬♩♯
"Mirror" by Porter Robinson.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:48 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxWʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Library - Study Area
xxxWʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Books and Butterscotch Candies
xxxxWʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Study Time!
xxxxxWʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? History is so boring...

Tzuki sighed as she swapped to her defense textbook. At least it wasn't endlessly droll. She flipped to one of the chapters, reading about the various practical applications of spells. She was intensely reading, still tapping along with her words when a startled "Gah!" sounded. Tzuki bobbed her head a bit, tilting her right ear toward the noise. She donned a small smile, assuming the sound had come from someone stressed over their studies. Perhaps she could provide a moment to break the tension.

"Don't let it get you down just yet. We've only just begun the year! There's still plenty of time for a study-induced downward spiral." She grinned, laughing a bit. It was a nice day, and given that classes hadn't yet started. What was this poor soul going to do once things actually started getting crazy? Maybe it was another OWLs level student, or worse, one of the NEWT ones. She'd heard rumor of one of the Ravenclaws studying to the point of a near nervous breakdown last year. That wouldn't do for her, no way. Maybe another way to break the ice? Tzuki reached in her bag and set out a small jar of butterscotch candies. "Help yourself. And let me know if I can help study at all." There was certainly someone nearby, she could hear them shuffling and breathing... so she wasn't just a crazy person talking to herself.... this time.

{{Wearing x}}
          addaellis

Jᴜsᴛ ᴄʟᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇs, ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴ ɪs ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ
          Yᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ, ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴜʀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴏᴡ
          Jᴜsᴛ ᴄʟᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇs, ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:37 am

User Image♩♯⌬
ANGIER HUIYAN ZHENG

first year || Slytherin || halfbood
Adventurer's Guild wizard || Astronomy club nerd || Daily Dragon writer and photographer || Music club violinist and cellist

Angier was still freaking out, wondering whether he should speak up or be quiet (Or really, whether it was creepy he wasn’t saying anything since she couldn’t exactly see him staring) when the angel girl spoke. He didn’t know what he thought angels sounded like, but from the moment she spoke, the sound and timbre of her voice was decidedly the new definition of musical perfection.

She seemed to think that he was getting upset about his studies, and offered comfort, followed by a cheeky remark that there was still plenty of time for a study-induced downward spiral. She was funny! And her smile! And her laugh! And generous! She offered him candy!

Usually, Angier wasn’t the kind to snack on candies, but this was Food from Heaven, blessed by the angelic hands of Fate and--wow, he was starting to sound like some of the drunks. ”Thank you,” he murmured, reaching for the candies. Butterscotch. Again, not his usual favorite taste, but that was the furthest thing from his mind. This was what the food of angels tasted like!

“Thank you Miss Angel. I mean Miss! And for the studying offer. I’m okay though. Classes haven’t--I mean, I-My name is Angier Huiyan Zheng! First year Slytherin student! I play the cello and violin! Was top of my class in muggle school and-and--Can we get married?!” Angier’s voice hit a higher and faster note with every word, until he was proposing in a shrill piccolo. This wasn’t like him at all! He wasn’t even sure how he got from candy to marriage! He spared a glance up at her to make sure she wasn’t running for the hills.

Two deep breaths. He patted his cheeks, which felt like they were on fire, and tried again, his tone perhaps more casual and relaxed than he felt, but at least his usual pitch.

“Sorry. I mean, Hey, I’m Angie. I saw you at the Sorting Feast and really wanted to get to know you. Could we be friends? What are you reading?”

setting Reading area, before school starts September 2054 || with Miss Angel~
appearance 4’5” + glasses || wearing dark shirt and shorts
status Smitten at first sound

Well, you were the aftermath
Of every judgment
So cold by the sweat that
You'll waste away
And you carry your enemies
But they're so familiar
I'm sick of the company
So I cull the shame