Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Library
Study Area Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:44 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxWʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Library - Study Area
xxxWʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Angier
xxxxWʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Study Distractions!
xxxxxWʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? He seems like a sweet kid

Tzuki heard the person come closer and rifle through her candy jar, then thank her. They called her 'Miss Angel', which was... strange. But they also thanked her for the study offer, then introduced themselves. Apparently it wasn't another upperclassman after all. His voice was getting faster and squeakier with each word, to the point where Tzuki was nervously tapping her fingers on the tabletop. Did... wait. Did he ask her to marry him? "Firstly, I'm Tzuki Zhao-Jennings. I'm a fifth year Hufflepuff. It's nice to meet you. I play piano and a bit of guitar. I didn't go to muggle school, but I did pretty well at homeschool, which I suppose was something."

She debated mentioning the marriage part, but figured the kid was probably just nervous. She knew a few others that got jittery talking to older kids. After a second, Angier's heart rate seemed to slow, then he tried again. Apparently Angie was an acceptable nickname, and he'd originally spotted her at the sorting feast and wanted to get to know her. He also asked if they could be friends, then about her book. "You can call me Tzu, if you want. I don't particularly have a nickname. But yes, we can be friends if you'd like. I'm currently just reviewing my Defense Against the Dark Arts textbook. I take my first set of major exams - the OWLs - this year, so I'm trying to make sure I'm prepared. But I do have a nice book in my bag. I'd share, but it's all in braille." She grinned, reaching into her bag to set out the book. The cover was a solid red, with black highlighting the bumps of the braille lettering. It probably wouldn't be helpful to Angier, but she could explain if he asked.

{{Wearing x}}
          addaellis

Jᴜsᴛ ᴄʟᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇs, ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴ ɪs ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ
          Yᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ, ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴜʀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴏᴡ
          Cᴏᴍᴇ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ ʟɪɢʜᴛ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ sᴀғᴇ ᴀɴᴅ sᴏᴜɴᴅ
          Jᴜsᴛ ᴄʟᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇs, ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:26 pm

User Image♩♯⌬
ANGIER HUIYAN ZHENG

first year || Slytherin || halfbood
Adventurer's Guild wizard || Astronomy club nerd || Daily Dragon writer and photographer || Music club violinist and cellist

Tzuki Zhao-Jennings, Tzuki Zhao-Jennings, Tzuki Zhao-Jennings~. Fifth year, Piano. Not muggleborn. Good student. Studying DADA. Taking OWLs. Right. Fifth years take OWL exams. Tzu!~ He flushed, hoping Miss Tzuki wouldn’t bring up his awkward proposal, and thankfully, she moved on. He wasn’t sure if she was feeling awkward at how awkward he was, but she continued on normally. Calmly. Maybe a little amused? He guessed it was kind of a funny introduction. She really was a perfect angel.

He stared at the Defense book she had been reading and the book in solid red-- both with everything written in patterns of six-dots. ”I...don’t know how to read braille really...and am only a first year...but I’m a quick learner! And if there’s anything I can do to help you-- even if it’s just getting drinks--leave it to me!”

Angier wasn’t exactly sure if he was allowed to bring drinks or what not to the library--it sounded like the kind of thing that wasn’t allowed--or if there was a magical equivalent of making a musical recording for someone, but whatever it was, he was confident he could do something to help.

setting Reading area, before school starts September 2054 || with Tzuki Zhao-Jennings
appearance 4’5” + glasses || wearing dark shirt and shorts
status Smitten at first sound

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Well, you were the aftermath
Of every judgment
So cold by the sweat that
You'll waste away
And you carry your enemies
But they're so familiar
I'm sick of the company
So I cull the shame
⌬♩♯
"Mirror" by Porter Robinson.

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:45 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxWʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Library - Study Area
xxxWʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Angier
xxxxWʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Study Distractions!
xxxxxWʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? He seems like a sweet kid

Tzuki wondered about this boy, particularly that he'd mentioned spotting her at dinner their first night and wanted to meet her. Was it because she was blind, or did he think she was something special? Perhaps he had an older sibling that had told him about her? But she didn't recognize her surname as one she'd heard before. Zheng, sounded... somewhat familiar, but not like someone she'd heard of in a while. It certainly didn't sound like any of her friends here at Hogwarts.

After offering her books to Angier, he said he didn't know how to read braille. Apparently he was a quick learner. He then mentioned doing anything if she were to need help. "I don't need help, but thank you. Though if you would like, I can teach you braille. It's not super hard to learn. It's the same letters as the English alphabet, along with Arabic numerals. Sometimes there are shorthand versions of words, but that's the same in every language, I think. Here... I think I have some.... cards..." Her voice faded at the end as the girl sank into her backpack to root around. Luckily, her bag was incredibly well organized.

She sat back up and set a worn collection of cards on a hoop, each with the picture of the braille letters and numbers, and each with an a raised version of the letter done in a small area of the corner to get used to the feeling of each letter. "Here's a nice set. You can borrow them for a bit to practice, then if you want, I have a bunch of books done in braille. If you want, you can return them at the Adventurer's Guild club. Our first meeting is next Friday. We play Dungeons & Dragons, and other various games. I'm the new captain. Otherwise, you can catch me at meals or something. I'm usually around somewhere." She offered a grin, moving to adjust her hair from her face. She had gotten it done up just before school began, but somehow it seemed a little crazier than normal. Maybe it was because her dad had taken her, rather than the Gremlin Woman.

{{Wearing x}}
          addaellis

Jᴜsᴛ ᴄʟᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇs, ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴ ɪs ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ
          Yᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ, ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴜʀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴏᴡ
          Jᴜsᴛ ᴄʟᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇs, ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:10 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I could be brown, I could be blue, I could be violet sky
                                                              I could be hurtful, I could be purple, I could be anything you like
                                                              Gotta be green, gotta be mean, gotta be everything more
                                                              Why don't you like me, why don't you like me?
                                                              Why don't you walk out the door?

Gian dropped a few books carecully on the table. Hehad recalled a few topics from class he wanted more information on. He grabbed the book on magical bugs in potion making to start himself off. He liked the library. It was quiet and the bullies usully never came here. He was expecting people otherwise he had found a comfy nook he usully hid in.

Do I attract you? Do I repulse you with my queasy smile?
                                                              Am I too dirty, am I too flirty? Do I like what you like?
                                                              I could be wholesome, I could be loathsome, I guess I'm a little bit shy
                                                              Why don't you like me, why don't you like me, without making me try?

Trickblues

Cinnabun Gryffie

Stefan Lee Salvatore

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:19 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
gaia_bunny William Gregory Thomas gaia_grunny
Slytherin First Year

"Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened."

William was THRILLED by Hogwarts. He had seen the mermaid swim by the common rooms, but hadn't yet figured out how to wave the merman down to communicate. He knew he needed to figure out another system, and he was determined to figure out how to talk to the merpeople, besides using BSL. He talked to the librarian, got a few books on lake creatures, including merpeople, and went to find a table.

He smiled when he saw another kid in the study area. As he got closer, it looked like he was reading a book about bugs, and it was Gian, one of the guys he had already gotten to know (if only during classes). William spoke softly as he sat his books down, "I wish there were a way to get the magical properties from the bugs, without killing them or mashing them. It seems inhumane." He sat down, opened his lake book and began reading, being okay with only the one comment to Gian.

"Good thing I loved Karah so long ago."

Where & Who: Library with Gian (and soon others)
Thinking about: Bugs? lake? Water bugs.
Wearing: school robes

CatWaffle
Cinnabun Gryffie
Trickblues

addaellis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:49 pm
User Image
User Image
Now i don’t want to feel the way i do
I’m screaming at myself now
Looking for a way out

User Image

Halfblood | First Year Slytherin | Eleven Years Old
Art Club
Early October 2057 Library With: Gian, William... Tàm's around here somewhere.
Wearing: Outfit Status: Astronomy...

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

Honestly? Áedán would rather be outside today, dreary weather be damned. Over the last few weeks though, he’d been spending more and more time in the library with Gian. He seemed nice, though quiet, which made him the ideal study partner. Today Tàmhas tagged along too, so all in all Áedán supposed it wasn’t a loss of a day. Besides, he could really stand to work on his Astronomy assignment…

“Tàm, I’m gonnae head to the table, okay?” Áedán told him once they made it into the library. He patted the shorter boy’s shoulder, then moved on to where Gian was sitting with William, Aedan's dormmate. He overheard what William was saying about the bugs as he settled in across from them with a nod hello, pulling his books from his bag.

“I don’t know, I can think of worse ways to go as a bug.” He chimed in. “At least its sacrifice is being used for something fruitful. Better that than squashed for nothing.”

Aedan cracked open his Astronomy book and got to work. So many utterly useless planet facts to learn, yet so little time.

════════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
Catwaffle

Cinnabun Gryffie

Addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore

I lie to me
I say everything’s gonna be alright
Like i’m that naive

Trickblues

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:09 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Outside, by a tree
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Áedán, Will, Gian
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? A "study" time
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I desperately need a Hufflepuff Sword now.

Tàmhas had followed Áedán to the library, where they were apparently going to have a study meet up with a few of the other boys in their year. Tam was absentmindedly looking through the books for one on magical weaponry when his pal said he'd be over at the table. Tam nodded happily, then resumed his search. He got a pat on the shoulder, then watched the redhead walk over to sit with their new friends. They were talking about bugs, Tam could vaguely hear as he turned his attention on the world's oldest book collection.

tap clunk tap clunk tap clunk tap clunk tap clunk

The sound of Tam pacing about, a book now in hand, echoed in the otherwise quiet room. He searched through the pages, stopping on a rather fanciful sword. He quickly hurried over to his friends, excited for his find.

tapclunktapclunktapclunk

"Did ye troaps ken 'at gryffindur hoose has a sword? It's a pure braw design. Ah hink it's a crusader sword? Nae, a masonic... nae, nae. Crusader is reit. Dae ye lads hink 'at aw th' hooses hae swords? Ur onie weapons, pure. Ah want tae see a Hufflepuff flamberge. Wooldnae 'at be neat?" He grinned brightly, happily showing them the picture of the sword of Gryffindor. He also wondered if the other houses had weapons, or only Gryffindor, since it was the house of the brave. If they didn't.... maybe he could design them! He and Pa would make some awesome swords. After a moment, his gears turned a bit recognizing that he'd for-sure interrupted his friends. "Aam sorry, pals. Please, gang oan wi' whatever ye waur talkin' abit afair. Ah jist got pure excited."

{{Wearing :: Comfy Pumpkin Sweater}}
          {{Helpful Links: Flamberge Sword which Tam calls a "wiggly boy"}}
          {{Translations: 1. "Did you guys know that Gryffindor house has a sword? It's a really nice design. I think it's a Crusader sword?
          No, a Masonic... no, no. Crusader is right. Do you lads think that all the houses have swords? Or any weapons, really.
          I want to see a Hufflepuff Flamberge. Wouldn't that be neat?"
          2. "I'm sorry, pals. Please, go on with whatever you were talking about before. I just got really excited."}}

trickblues
          Áedán

CatWaffle
          Gian

Stefan Lee Salvatore
          Will

addaellis

Tàmhas - #43B3AE

I, I'ᴍ sɪᴄᴋ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ᴏғ ʙᴇɪɴɢ sɪᴄᴋ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ
          Aɴᴅ ʟᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ɴᴇɢᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs ᴄᴏʟʟɪᴅᴇ
          Wʜʏ ʙᴇᴛʀᴀʏ ᴍʏ ᴍɪɴᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴏʟ ɪs ᴍɪɴᴇ
          Gᴏᴛ ɴᴏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ sɪᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ sɪᴅᴇʟɪɴᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴘʟᴀʏ
          Tʜᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ
          Gᴏᴛᴛᴀ sᴛʀɪᴋᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛɴɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ sʜɪɴᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀғʀᴀɪᴅ
          Pᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ sᴀʏ, I'ᴍ ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ
          I'ᴍ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ. I'ᴍ ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ, ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴅʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴠɪʙᴇ
          I'ᴍ sᴛɪʟʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟɪᴠᴇ ᴍʏ ʟɪғᴇ ᴀғʀᴀɪᴅ

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:28 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx❀ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Library - Study Area
xxx❀ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Mountains of Books
xxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Trying again to learn this math
xxxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? What eleven year old knows complex algebra?

After giving up on studying in her dorm (thanks to the other girls chattering away), Csuri found herself in the library. Usually she stayed in the section with the non-school books, but today, she needed the help of the other school books. Her goal was to finish her Defense essay, then probably work on Transfiguration again. The class still made no sense, and she was pretty confident it never would. Stupid not-droppable class.

Searching the stacks, Csuri found several books on transfiguration, so she grabbed them with a huff. Apparently even the library wanted her to learn maths. Flipping them all to their "learn transfiguration" sections, grey eyes scanned the pages to try and find one that could help her learn the complex equations. Her pen tapped on the page, a frown settling deeper and deeper on her lips.

{{Wearing :: Comfy Casual}}
          Graydon Ironshield

Bʟᴀᴄᴋʙɪʀᴅ sɪɴɢɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴀᴅ ᴏғ ɴɪɢʜᴛ
          Tᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴡɪɴɢs ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴇᴀʀɴ ᴛᴏ ғʟʏ
          Aʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟɪғᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜɪs ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴀʀɪsᴇ
          Tᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ sᴜɴᴋᴇɴ ᴇʏᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴇᴀʀɴ ᴛᴏ sᴇᴇ
          Aʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟɪғᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜɪs ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ғʀᴇᴇ
          Bʟᴀᴄᴋʙɪʀᴅ ғʟʏ, Bʟᴀᴄᴋʙɪʀᴅ ғʟʏ
          Iɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ɴɪɢʜᴛ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:22 pm
User Image
Brianna Cathaline Quinn-Smith
SlytherinFourth YearFourteen Years OldSingle

Brianna was working her way through the library, she had some work she was looking to polish off, so she’d have a few free hours to just take it easy. Ron just finished tutoring her on a tricky bit of her Potions homework, and now she just wanted a quiet place to work. Last she looked, the Common Room was occupied by a group of girls nattering on about some inane topic and giggling incessantly, which would only serve to irritate her.

There were visions of Ron’s Potions notes dancing in her head right then, notes which were cross-referenced with those from his Alchemy class. ‘Merlin’s Beard, the way he speaks of Professor Narain, you’d think he was like…the Pope or something,’ she thought, as she hoped the headache she was developing would subside.

As she was passing by one particular area, she spotted a First Year, one whom didn’t look a whole lot different than she at that age. Stacks of books were heaped about her, and that was what gave her pause. ‘Heck, we’re almost dressed alike,’ she thought to herself wryly. Brianna smiled, and said in a quiet tone, “Uh, hi, you’re Csuri, right? I watched you get Sorted into our House. I’m Brianna, and I’d like to help you with your classwork.”

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image
                  "And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
                  Or the moment of truth in your lies
                  When everything feels like the movies
                  Yeah, you bleed just to know you're alive."

"And I don't want the world to see me
                  'Cause, I don't think that they'd understand
                  When everything's made to be broken
                  I just want you to know who I am "

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:02 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx❀ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Brianna
xxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Trying to figure her out
xxxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? What if she's also bad at this class?

Grey eyes looked up from Csuri's book as she watched a blonde girl walk around. She tried to turn back to focus, moving to turn the page in one of her books, she tried to drown out any distractions. It was still quieter than the common room for sure, even if she couldn't focus. Maybe that was her problem. She couldn't study because she couldn't focus because the school was too hectic.

A moment later, and her excuse of distractions came true. The girl spoke up, pointing out that they were in the same house and that her name was Brianna. Apparently she wanted to help Csuri with her studies. "Why would you want to do a thing like that?" she asked, immediately on the defensive. She didn't know much about people, but she knew they were always awful. With a huff, Csuri kicked out the seat across from her, as if to invite the girl to join. "You any good at Transfiguration? If not, I don't need your help." The same grey eyes squinted a bit, doing her best to study the older blonde. She had to have a motive, but Csuri wasn't sure what it was.... yet.

Graydon Ironshield
          #746CC0

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:10 pm
User Image

Brianna was taken aback for a moment, and she blinked a couple times, as she processed Csuri’s question. ‘Wow, and I thought I had an attitude some days,’ she thought. The blonde-haired Fourth Year hid her surprise behind her usual poker face, and answered, “Because I can see you’re struggling, you’re part of our house and it’s the right thing to do.”

God, that sounded like something Ron would say, but then, this is usually Ron-stuff,’ she thought, before answering Csuri’s next question. “Actually, it’s one of my better subjects,” she said, as she smoothed down her midi-length skirt, and settled into the seat her younger Housemate pushed out for her. “Now, before we get started, we need to clear some workspace.”

With that, she set the extra Transfigurations books to one side. “You don’t need all those extra books, that’s just going to make things harder, and we don’t need to do that; got an entire school to do that job for us. Besides, all you need are the book for your class, your notes, your materials, your wand, and this….” The last bit she said, tapping the side of her head. “Okay, so what are you working on right now?”

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:30 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Trying to figure her out
xxxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? So I'm a charity case, of course.

Csuri squinted a bit when Brianna gave a vague "because you're struggling" answer, with of course, some drivel about how it was the right thing to do. Great. That meant she was just seeing Csuri as a charity project. After rolling her eyes to the moon and back, Csuri asked if Brianna actually knew transfiguration, which apparently she did. Once she sat down, the older girl immediately moved all the books Csuri had gathered over to the side. Apparently she really didn't need the help. Hmph. Would've been nice to know.

"Right. I don't need the extra help. Because I'm secretly an expert in Transfiguration." She rolled her grey eyes once more, setting out her notes. They were still more questions than answers, simply because she still didn't know what she was doing. She'd only done a successful change once, and even then, it wasn't very good. "I'm still stuck on the match-to-needle thing. And I need to figure it out quick, because next class is a new lesson." She tapped her pen against her notebook, frowning softly. "I almost got it once, but now I can't figure out why it's not working. I just. Can't figure out how to use will-power and concentration. Like. How much concentration do I need? And what does intention have to do with anything? It's just dumb." She ranted a bit, huffing over her annoyance at the class. She grabbed her wand and a small book of matches, then set them on the table beside her notes. Maybe Brianna would really know what to do.... That or she'd try to find the owner of the fox and figure out what juju the animal had.

Graydon Ironshield
          #746CC0

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:45 pm
User Image

Wow, she is really reminding me of me when I was that age,’ thought Brianna, as she listened to Csuri. ‘Probably not much different at this point.’ She smiled, and said, “Extra help, sure; just not extra books, in this case. It’s kinda like Quidditch: reading about it is all fine and such, but it’s not a substitute for chasing after the Quaffle yourself.”

Realizing Csuri was stuck on one of the basic Transfiguration exercises, Brianna nodded, and said, “Sounds like we better get to it then…Well, how much concentration you need to use is determined by the basic Transfiguration formula in your book, its one of the variables you need to solve for. As for ‘Intention’, its quite important, its one of the other variables plugged into the formula. In this case, you need to determine what precise effect you are trying to achieve. Don’t forget, the reason why Transfiguration is one of the hardest of the magics, is because you are imposing your will upon the subject of your spell, and changing its fundamental nature. Right now, you are seeking to change a bit of wood, an organic material, into a metal needle.”

Brianna took a single match and set it on the table between them, and she drew out her wand. She gestured and carefully enunciated the incantation so Csuri could clearly hear her speak it aloud. The match instantly became a gleaming needle, as if it dared not do otherwise for her. “Now, it’s your turn,” she said. “Remember to focus your thoughts upon the task at hand, don’t allow your focus to waver, allow the magic to flow through your wand, and speak the incantation clearly.” Brianna watched to see if Csuri could match her results.

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:43 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Attempting Magic
xxxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? How am I even more confused?

Csuri lifted an eyebrow at Brianna's quidditch analogy. "I wouldn't know. I've never played before." She shrugged a bit, wondering if she should at least watch one of the matches. Maybe she'd ask Annalise if she was going to watch one of the games, then sit with her... Or she'd just take advantage of the empty common areas during the games...

After showing her the spell she was working on, Csuri sat back a bit listening to the long and somehow more confusing lecture that the older blonde provided. So there was a specific amount of concentration needed? How the heck was she supposed to add or subtract concentration. That was an abstract principle! It made no sense at all. And intention was apparently more important, and she'd have to think out her intentions before doing the magic. She reached a hand up and tugged at one of her messy curls, biting her lip in a frown.

Brianna said Transfiguration was one of the most difficult magics, and Csuri felt her eye twitch in a bit of annoyance. "I know that. That's what the book says. But what it doesn't say is what the heck it means. How can you just... change your concentration? That's the dumbest crock I've heard." She said, grumbling as her brows furrowed. Brianna demonstrated the spell, but Csuri was pretty sure she knew her pronunciation was at least correct. "That's not possible. I can focus and wish the stupid thing to change, but it doesn't do anything! See, watch." She grabbed her wand, pointing it at the matchstick.

"Acusignis"

As she expected, the matchstick shuddered a bit, part of it turning a silvery color, but not the rest. "See, it just doesn't work. I've only got it once, and even then it wasn't really a needle in the end. It doesn't work." She huffed a sigh, thunking her wand back on the table. She glared over at it, wishing she could just blame it for all her magical problems. It wasn't like Transfiguration was her only weakness, but it was certainly the most confusing.

Graydon Ironshield
          #746CC0

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:11 am
User Image

Brianna wasn’t surprised to learn Csuri never played Quidditch before; she was only a First Year, and it was likely she wasn’t raised in a family where the game was a fixture. She smiled, and said,”If you enjoy flying, you ought to give it a try. Mind you, it can get a might rough up there, but if you tryout for the House team, it’s a good way to make friends.”

When she explained some of the concepts involved with Transfiguration, Csuri commented about changing one’s concentration, and how it was ‘dumbest crock’ she’d heard. Brianna disagreed, and said evenly, “No, it’s not; in fact, you do it everyday without giving it a second thought. Think of walking along, talking to a friend. Are you really focusing that much on walking? No, because you’re just putting one foot in front of the other, while having your conversation, and maybe figuring out what you want to do after Friday classes are done. However, I’m pretty sure you’re laser-focused on what you’re doing in Potions class; at least you better be, since any misstep might land you with an unplanned seeing to by Matron up in the Hospital Wing. Same concept, different application.”

Brianna watched as Csuri attempted the spell, and then countered her argument with, “But, it is possible. You just caused it to change colour, at least a little bit, and you’ve said you managed a partial Transfiguration already. However, wishing for it isn’t enough; I could wish for a million Galleons or a million House Points, but it’s not going to happen. You need to will it into happening when you cast the spell, you are the one directing the flow of the magic.” Nodding toward the wand she’d just plonked down on the table, and added, “And you can’t get angry or let frustration get the better of you, otherwise it won’t work. Forget about what you just did, that’s done with. Focus on what you’re doing now, and will it to happen.”

The Fourth Year drew her wand once more, directed it at the partially transfigured match, gestured and breathed the incantation Reparifarge, to set the match back to its original condition. “There, you’re good to go, now. Remember, you’re the boss here; don’t wish for the match to be a needle, make it be a needle.”

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image

The Library