Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Library
Study Area Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:12 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx❀ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Library - Study Area
xxx❀ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Brianna
xxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Attempting Magic
xxxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Do I not know what a needle is?

Csuri grimaced at the thought of daring to play a sport, much less a super dangerous team sport. No way. "Yea, no thanks. I've heard of too many players getting broken bones, bruises... and there was that one team a few years ago where someone died. So no, I'd rather keep my feet firmly on the ground." She shuddered a bit, remembering way back when she was little watching a game with her parents. They hadn't wanted her with them, but her dad had to pretend to be a good parent in front of his business-friends. It had been awful, so hot and loud, with way, way too many people around. Maybe she'd give watching the game another chance, but no way was she going to play.

Brianna worked for a moment to explain that she already used different levels of concentration. Though her examples were flawed. Csuri... really didn't have many people to talk with, and none she would consider a friend. In the whole school, there was so far only one person she'd actually have a decent conversation with, and that was only because she didn't ever try to get Csuri to just "be happy". "Okay, so it sounds like it's just... prioritization, right? Just. Shift my focus accordingly? Now why doesn't the book just say that? They word it specifically to be vague and dumb." She huffed a sigh at her book, but was ready to try again for the sake of learning this dang class.

After trying the spell, it didn't work nearly as well as Csuri had hoped. Brianna quickly worked to try and keep the younger Slytherin's hopes up. She made it sound like Csuri just needed to be confident about the change. Not hope it changed, but command the change. Csuri nodded resolutely, brows furrowed in concentration. Brianna set the match to right (show off), then told her to try again. Focusing all her attention on the matchstick, Csuri waved her wand and tried once more.

"Acusignis"

This time, the matchstick seemed to obey, though not fully. It changed shape, growing sharp at one end and adding a small hoop to the other. It was silvery in some places, but wooden in others. The girl lifted it up to examine the work. "Okay. That's... closer at least? Maybe I just don't know what a needle looks like." She still wore her frown, but it was at least a little softer. Maybe she was on the verge of a breakthrough. Which she'd need, because in the next class, they'd be moving on to a new lesson. If she couldn't figure out the first, how could she figure a second? Grey eyes glanced up at the older girl, wondering what her take on the matter might be.

{{Wearing :: Comfy Casual}}
          Graydon Ironshield
          #746CC0

Bʟᴀᴄᴋʙɪʀᴅ sɪɴɢɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴀᴅ ᴏғ ɴɪɢʜᴛ
          Tᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴡɪɴɢs ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴇᴀʀɴ ᴛᴏ ғʟʏ
          Aʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟɪғᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜɪs ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴀʀɪsᴇ
          Bʟᴀᴄᴋʙɪʀᴅ sɪɴɢɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴀᴅ ᴏғ ɴɪɢʜᴛ
          Tᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ sᴜɴᴋᴇɴ ᴇʏᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴇᴀʀɴ ᴛᴏ sᴇᴇ
          Aʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟɪғᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜɪs ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ғʀᴇᴇ
          Bʟᴀᴄᴋʙɪʀᴅ ғʟʏ, Bʟᴀᴄᴋʙɪʀᴅ ғʟʏ
          Iɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ɴɪɢʜᴛ

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:44 pm
User Image
Brianna Cathaline Quinn-Smith
SlytherinFourth YearFourteen Years OldSingle

Brianna listened to Csuri’s reasons for not wanting to try her hand at Quidditch, and she was finding she really couldn’t fault the younger girl for being a bit reluctantly to strap on a helmet and pads. “Eh, fair enough. Although supposedly nobody’s died in a school match in over a century, but I get your point. Still, if you’re ever interested, I’d be happy to take you up on my broomstick some time.”

Right, exactly, it’s a matter of establishing a level of priority in your mind,” replied Brianna encouragingly, glad she was able to communicate that concept to her younger Housemate. When she was asked why the book didn’t explain this concept better, she could only grimace helplessly, and replied, “I think the author was making certain assumptions when they wrote the book, that, or they simply decided it was up to the individual student to parse it out themselves.” She was reminded of when she’d leafed through Ron’s copy of the book, and found there were enough notations in the margins he might as well have rewritten it himself.

As Csuri tried working the spell once more, Brianna was quietly rooting her on. She didn’t quite get it right, but it was a vast improvement over her first attempt. With genuine enthusiasm, Brianna said, “Hey, that’s better than some of my attempts when I was learning that spell. You almost got this, just need to get over the hump. Have a little faith and some confidence, Csuri; you can do this. I know you can. And, remember, this is your needle; it can look anyway you want it to, it just needs to be a needle.”

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image
                  "And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
                  Or the moment of truth in your lies
                  When everything feels like the movies
                  Yeah, you bleed just to know you're alive."

"And I don't want the world to see me
                  'Cause, I don't think that they'd understand
                  When everything's made to be broken
                  I just want you to know who I am "

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:30 pm
User Image User Image
Summer Rose Sweetwater

Hufflepuff Fifth Year
Muggleborn Free-Spirited Plant Lover

Location : Library - Study Area
                                                        Company : No one specific...

Summer would normally be outside on a day like today. Course today wasn’t like every other day. No, the school year was quickly coming to an end. Seemed you’d no sooner come back from winter vacation, and it would be summer again. You wouldn’t hear Summer herself complaining about that. She loved the warm sun, and the rain, and the flowers. Okay, so she loved all things nature. With a name like Summer how could she not honestly. Which is why she would much rather be outside right now instead of in the school library surrounded by books.

Giving a very large sigh, the fifth year Hufflepuff stared at her textbooks with what some could deem a clueless expression. Why might one ask? Because she was studying her transfiguration book like it was a foreign language. Perhaps it was the Summer, as barely made it this far. How was she supposed to pass her OWL if she didn’t put in the long strenuous task of actually studying?

It honestly felt like hours. Though she hadn’t been that there that long Summer found herself getting an ever-increasing headache. Rubbing her eyes, Summer really was trying to understand what she was looking at. The text made no sense. “Why can’t this be charms…” She muttered. Head hitting the table, Summer was pretty sure she wasn’t making it out of the course without failure.

OOC : Feel free to bug.

I am indeed a magic hat!
                                                        Don't worry, you're in good hands, though I've got none
                                                        There's no need to be nervous, child
                                                        In fact, I already know exactly where you'll go
                                                        Hufflepuff!

The Library

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces