Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hallways and the Grand Staircase
The Room of Requirement Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:25 pm
"It is a room that a person can only enter when they have real need of it. Sometimes it is there, and sometimes it is not, but when it appears, it is always equipped for the seeker's needs"
~Dobby the Elf

The Room of Requirement, also known as the Come and Go Room, is a secret room within Hogwarts Castle that only appears when a person is in great need of it. The room is thought to have some degree of sentience, because it transforms itself into whatever the witch or wizard needs it to be at that moment in time, although there are some limitations. For example, it cannot create food, as that is one of the five Principal Exceptions to Gamp's Law of Elemental Transfiguration.

It is believed that the room is Unplottable, as it does not appear on the Marauder's Map, nor do its occupants, although this could simply be because James Potter, Remus Lupin, Sirius Black, and Peter Pettigrew never found the room. The room is located on the seventh floor of the Hogwarts castle and has a hidden entrance opposite the tapestry depicting the attempt of Barnabas the Barmy to teach trolls ballet. The way to open the room is to walk past it three times thinking about what you need, and the door will appear.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:35 pm
User Image

❤❤ T A M A R AR A D C L I F F E
7TH YEAR, GRYFFINDOR
¦¦ if you're going through hell, keep on going
xxxxxxxxxx x x

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬

The room that Tamara entered was a potioneer's dream. There were several cauldrons set up with fire places all ready for lighting. Cabinets with glass panels displayed many different ingredient, each in their prepared states. Scales and measures were set up next to the cauldrons. There was even a comfortable sitting chair next to a bookcase with different potion-making books on it. Tamara shut the door behind her and stared in amazement at this room. She blurted out, "Holy Merlin's beard." Looking around the room, she dropped into the comfortable chair. "What the hell is this place? And why haven't I found this before." She bit her lip as she looked around the room. This place would be perfect to brew her potion and antidote in, she thought to herself, nodding in approval. "Better get started," she said to herself and got up from the chair.  

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:16 pm
User Image

7TH YEAR, GRYFFINDOR
xxxxxxxxxx x x

Tamara pulled all of her necessary equipment out of her bag, and made use of the equipment in her secret potion lap. She set a fire under one of the cauldrons and filled it water. She let the water boil while she combed through the potion-making books and ingredients the Room of Requirement gave her. After the water started to boil, she returned to the brew and added the remaining powered griffin claw she picked from the store. Once it steeped into the water turning it a yellowish color, she picked up her flask of honey water and added it into the potion in drops until a bright yellow swirl roiled in the dull yellow brew. So far, she had duplicated her previous results. Nodding happily, Tamara turned to the book which lay open at the station. Oh, right, need to let it cool now, she thought to herself and took the brew off of the fire. Setting it aside to cool, she felt a yawn escape from her. When did I become so tired, she thought to herself and got up from the chair. When she turned around, the work station had expanded to include a fireplace and a very comfortable looking bed. Tamara furrowed her brows. "What the hell?" she said aloud, clearly confused. Another yawn took her and she shrugged, slipped out of her shoes and sauntered over to the bed. Slipping into the blankets, she almost immediately fell asleep.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:34 pm
User Image

7TH YEAR, GRYFFINDOR
xxxxxxxxxx x x

Yawning, Tamara rolled out of the bed and looked around, a confusion quickly taking over. Where they hell... oh, I remember, she thought to herself and slipped her feet back into her shoes. Moving over to the brewing station, she saw that her potion had chilled and nodded, looking wearily at the book. She yawned again and searched through her ingredients. She grabbed a few pinches of powered dragon claw and put it into the brew, stirring lightly. As the power mixed into the yellow liquid, turning a slightly lighter shade of yellow. Tamara nodded and moved on to the next step. Mixing in some powered bicorn horn, Tamara stirred the mixture wandlessly while she read the potion for the next step. She picked up the vial of crushed lovage she measured out prior to the potion-making process. Pouring the paste into the brew, she left it sink in, then restarted the fire under the cauldron. She had to wait for the potion to reach a full boil to start the next phase of the brewing process.  

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:10 pm
User Image

7TH YEAR, GRYFFINDOR
xxxxxxxxxx x x

With the potion at a full boil, Tamara removed a very small vial. Inside the vial was a copper-red liquid, a very expensive liquid known as dragon's blood. She took out the stopper and poured the contents into the boiling potion. She stirred it in, making the potion turn a dull red as it brewed. She looked at the book then nodded happily and continued stirring the potion while she waited for the next step to be ready. Letting go of the glass stirring rod, it continued to stir itself while she grabbed a bowl. In the bowl, she mixed several ingredients. She grabbed the vials of bulbadox juice, ground scurvy grass, pomegranate juice and horklump juice and mixed them together. They formed a blueish paste in the bowl that Tamara stirred as the potion brewed. Once it took on a red-yellow color, Tamara grabbed the bowl and poured the blue paste into it. The next instruction called for the potion to simmer for ten days. Tamara yawned and lowered the heat to a simmer. Looking around the room, Tamara uneasily said, "Um, this needs to simmer for ten days, so I'll be back then to continue working on it." Then she gathered her stuff and walked out the door.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:49 pm
User Image

7TH YEAR, GRYFFINDOR
xxxxxxxxxx x x

Tamara returned to the door on the seventh floor, and like she assumed, it wasn't there. Closing her eyes, she thought to herself, I need the potion lab where I'm brewing the veritaserum. The wall suddenly reacted and began to spawn a door. Without hesitation, Tamara opened the door and stepped through... into the Potions lab. She closed the door behind her and moved over to the station where her potion was simmering. She smiled and turned the heat off. Taking the book from her bag, she opened it to the bookmark and resumed brewing the potion. The next step included added liquid antimony, which she happened to have. She poured it into the mixture and quickly stirred it into the brew. Then she dropped two jobberknoll feathers into the brew and started stirring. While she was stirring, she dropped an inch of boomslang skin into the potion as well. After she finished stirring, she ran the potion through a filter, removing the remains of the feathers and skin. She removed a small container holding a yellow-ish grass. She removed a handful and dropped it into her pestle and crushed it up. Pouring the paste into her potion, she began to stir vigorously and re-lit the flame underneath. With the heat, the goosegrass paste began to integrate into the potion, turning the brew almost entirely clear. While stirring, Tamara removed a jigger of wormwood essence from her bag and extracted a small amount, dropping it into the brew. She continued putting in a few drops until the potion was entirely clear. Tamara stoppered the wormwood essence and placed it back in her bag. She lowered the heat and stopped stirring it. Dipping in a vial, she examined the potion. It was completely translucent. She took a waft of the vial and smelt nothing. Placing a single drop on her tongue, she tasted noting as well. Turning off the flame, Tamara quickly doled out the potion into several vials and flasks, stoppering each tightly. Every one of these, she put into her bag carefully and cleaned up her equipment. After cleaning her equipment, she put everything away and walked out of the Room of Requirement.  

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:21 pm
User Image

User Image

┏──────────────────────────────┓

Sean stepped into the Room of Requirement. Wiping tears from his eyes he looked around.
What is this place? he wondered as he looked around. There was a fireplace burning in a hearth and a large bed, with a slight scent of roses in the air. A box of tissues sat beside a large plush chair. "Where am I?" he wondered as he looked around. He sat on the chair and took some tissues, wiping his eyes.

┗──────────────────────────────┛

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:57 pm
User Image

Do you really wanna be like them?
                                                  Do you really wanna be another trend?
                                                  Do you wanna be part of that crowd?
                                                  Cause I don't ever wanna
                                                  I don't ever wanna be

User Image

Luke entered the room, having not too long ago gotten back from the holidays. Which, in his opinion, were the worst holidays on record. Not only did one of his friends just up and vanish (he had his own suspicions about that), but he also had to deal with his 'uncle'. He winced as he sank into the chair near the fireplace. His knee was bothering him, which if he didn't know any better, meant that the last beating the arse had tried to break it. Perfect. He leaned his head back, just enjoying the fact that he at least had a bit of time alone before he had to face the rest of the school. Not like he cared about what they thought, but he really didn't want to look like a cripple around them. Straightening out his knee, he considered visiting the Hospital Wing for something to kill the pain. He also didn't want to cause any issues. With Cain's disappearance, the truth was that he was seriously suspecting the rest of the kids under his family's roof were in danger of what his 'uncle' was capable of. Lovely thought, that.

He considered each of them, and bit his lip. Bree, Steffi, and Jer. He didn't care about himself, to be honest, but those three especially were the most at danger. He could get himself out of trouble just fine. Great, was he always this self-sacrificing? He seriously doubted it. He couldn't recall a time before he attended Hogwarts where he was this way. Closing his eyes, he was really glad that the place reverted to whatever it was when he was not in it when he left, because otherwise all of his stuff would have been stolen. He noted some things on the shelf near the fireplace and blinked. Well, that was a new addition. He got up, wincing, and walked over. Good, one of the items was a pain relieving potion. He quaffed it, making a face at the taste, but grateful when the pain started to recede. Now, all he had to do was wait a bit to make sure it was doing its job. He would hate to walk out of there and find himself faceplanting on the staircase or something.

User Image
                                                  Location: Room of Requirement - Luke's hideout
                                                  State: In pain
                                                  OOC: ...

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

You, don't wanna be just like you
What I'm sayin' is
This is the anthem
Throw all your hands up
You, don't wanna be you

Lady Pomegranates

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:45 pm
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

i m p r e s s s u r p r i s e b e d a z z l e m e - - -
l a k e ✖
n o o n e ✖
t h e u s u a l
s t o r m y ✖
s i n g l e ✖
o o c : do not disturb

Admittedly, it took a little effort to trail Luke. Huffing, the blonde slunk quicker after his cousin, a frown on as he tailed him to the Room of Requirement. He was young, yes, Del sniffed, but he was far from stupid, thank you very much. He wasn't blind, though maybe it was just him, but couldn't anyone else see how odd Luke had been acting during the hols.

. . . . . .

It was probably just everyone else. He was just observant, s'all. Having the background he did, it was second nature to the young Borson to drag his eyes over the finer details, taking note of everything before he turned away. It was sort of irritating sometimes, being unable to just step back and look at something without dissecting it to little pieces. Anyway. Turning his attention back to the situation, the tall blonde stared at the door. He'd walked by it the required number of times, seeing the door materialize on his last round. Running a hand through the golden strands, Del pushed open the door, expression melting into a deadpan stare as he took in the sight of his cousin and the slight ease he took on his knee. Right. Striding over to the elder, the naturalist took a seat on the floor by the chair, pushing up the fabric covering the joint to take a look at it. All playfulness aside, it was a serious countenance that the younger of the duo was exhibiting, fingers prodding at the reddening flesh with experienced ease. "Hurts?" he asked, looking at it as he poked at it more. Okay, so it wasn't broken, it could, probably would bruise. That was fine, at least it wasn't broken. "What happened?"

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:47 pm
User Image

Cause I don't ever wanna
                                                  I don't ever wanna be

User Image

Luke winced when he saw his younger cousin walk in. Granted, he cared about him, but he would never have wanted to let anyone see what state his knee was in, especially the youngest members of the family. Though, truth be told, his brother probably wouldn't understand. He sat down when Del started prodding at the knee, wincing when one poke was a bit more forceful than the others. Either that, or Del had hit a spot that was more injured than the others. Gritting his teeth, he rolled down the pant leg, not trying to be rude, but not wanting the younger boy to know.

"I tripped and fell out near the carriages coming in. Ice and all, you know. Banged it up pretty good." He didn't like lying, but considering that his parents didn't believe him when he told them about Roald's actions, he didn't want Del getting in trouble either. At least he didn't have any visible bruises. No, his uncle was far smarter than that. He leaned forward on his other knee, not putting weight on the injured one and involuntarily winced again as the movement stretched out another bruise. Great, he was just one walking injury, wasn't he? "Herregud, kan jeg bare få en pause for en gangs skyld?"

User Image
                                                  OOC: Translation: My god, can I just get a break for once?

What I'm sayin' is
This is the anthem
Throw all your hands up
You, don't wanna be you

Lady Pomegranates

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:39 pm
User Image

l a k e ✖
n o o n e ✖
t h e u s u a l
s t o r m y ✖
s i n g l e ✖
o o c : do not disturb

The blond reckoned he was actually doing a decent job- - - all it needed was some ice and a bind, and a stool to keep it raised, then it should be fine- - - barring the small winces he got at his prods, it was a necessary thing, so Luke had to deal with it, was all. It was unfortunately cut off- - - his examination, he meant- - - when it was interrupted mid-session by a covering of fabric, graciously rolled down by the redhead pre-maturely. Huffing, Del looked up, frown prominent even as an annoyed pout made its way onto his visage, not exactly approving of the making-light-of-injury part.

He paid attention when his cousin spoke, however, taking in the words and countenance like a sponge. It was a plausible excuse and it definitely could have happened, but Del wasn't blind and what he saw disputed the whole thing. Really. He wasn't stupid. "Right," he begun, a reproachful stare at his cousin as he spoke, raising an eyebrow . "I would be more inclined to believe you if you weren't lying, you know," he sighed, standing up and heading for a shelf which contained the items he was going to need. Taking down a roll of elastic and a pre-cooled compress, the blonde turned back, hooking his foot around a stool and dragging it over closer to the occupied chair, dropping down on the floor beside it as he pushed up the fabric again and resumed his prods, albeit lighter this time now that he actually had an idea of what was wrong with it. "Your eyebrow did the thing," he stated absently, placing the cool pack on the joint as he set to work trying to find the end to the elastic bandage thingy. Stupid packages, he never knew where they started or ended.

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:01 am
User Image

Cause I don't ever wanna
                                                  I don't ever wanna be

User Image

Luke's eyebrows knotted together when Del proclaimed him lying. This was about the point he always got to. The point that no one ever believed him. He ground his teeth together, sick of any time he spoke, someone proclaiming his words to be untruths. This was why he was in this mess to begin with. He hissed when the cool pack met his knee, and crossed his arms, looking pretty annoyed. Ugh, if he got called a liar when he was telling the truth one more time, he was going to hex someone. This was getting ridiculous.

"My eyebrow doesn't do a thing when I lie." Okay, so add another lie on top of that. It wasn't like he looked at himself in the mirror when he lied, so he didn't know for sure. He sighed, running a hand through his hair, now more tired than anything. "Dessuten er det ikke som om du kan gjøre noe uansett. Ingen tror meg når jeg forteller sannheten. Så hva er forskjellen der?"

User Image
                                                  OOC: Translation: Besides, it's not like you can do anything anyway. No one believes me when I tell the truth. So what's the difference there?

What I'm sayin' is
This is the anthem
Throw all your hands up
You, don't wanna be you

Lady Pomegranates

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:42 am
User Image

l a k e ✖
n o o n e ✖
t h e u s u a l
s t o r m y ✖
s i n g l e ✖
o o c : I'm not useless, you know || And I know when you're telling the truth || Also, at least someone would know, what is real and what is not

Del rolled his eyes again, finally getting the elastic to unravel as Luke voiced his protests. Yes, yes, of course it didn't. Managing to properly bandage it and lock it in place- - - he should really practice these things more often. Now that he was constantly in one fine piece and not exactly falling everywhere on rocky, mildly hostile terrain, the blonde hadn't found much time or use for his honed self-care skills. Or, well, okay, he may have found one now with his cousin. Dragging the stool closer with his feet, Del propped it under where Luke's foot would be, before raising the leg into the right elevated position. There. He didn't bother asking Luke to go visit the Hospital Wing- - - he would have said no, anywho, he huffed, seeing through that particular option quite quickly- - - so, for now, this was probably the best he could do. Raising his own brow at the sentences, blue eyes glanced deadpan at his cousin before going back to the icepack and massaging the joint to ease things.

"Your eyebrows do do the thing," he insisted, looking pointedly at the twitching brow on not his face as he did. Del frowned- - - did he even know what the thing was? Honestly. "They twitch," he clarified, looking at it to emphasize his point. At the sound of their mothertongue, the blonde continued to take in the words, feeling the cloud slip from annoyed to slightly harrowed. It was gloomy, the bad kind of gloomy. He wasn't in the mood to Norwegian, to be honest, it wasn't hard, he just didn't feel like exerting the extra effort, but he supposed he could, this one time. It kind of grated- - - he wasn't hurt, really- - - at that last part. He was young, yes, he knew, but he wasn't entirely useless. Del would like to think that, though he was certainly inclined to believe that he eventually got people around him killed. Pushing the thought away, he sat back on the floor, facing the fire as he answered. "Jeg er ikke ubrukelig, du vet." The first words came out a bit more abrupt than he'd like. Wincing imperceptibly, he continued. "Og jeg vet når du snakker sant," the younger of the relatives pointed out. With a wry grin into the flames, he spoke up once again. "Også, i hvert fall noen ville vite, hva som er virkelig og hva som ikke er det," he finished, falling silent once again.

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:45 pm
User Image

Cause I don't ever wanna
                                                  I don't ever wanna be

User Image

Luke frowned, trying to consider his words. Del had stated that he knew when he was telling the truth. And honestly, it wasn't like familial obligation was holding him to the Bjelkes, unless you counted Frida. He sighed, rubbing his face and wincing as Del worked on the knee. He then frowned. Wasn't it supposed to be the other way, like younger relation gets hurt, and the older one helps out? If nothing else, this just proved that there was something wrong here. "Not that I'm not grateful for the help, but aren't I supposed to be the one that helps you out? I mean, I am older than you, so..."

He then thought long and hard, trying to figure out a good way to phrase this without sounding like a spoiled child. There wasn't really any, not any that painted him in a good light, but still. "It's... complicated. Uncle Roald, mor's brother, he's... a blood purist. and I can't exactly prove that I'm even a halfblood, let alone a pureblood, so he assumes I'm a mudblood. He... did this." He gestured toward his knee, then to his side, where hecould feel the pangs of a bruise and a knot forming in his side. "Told mor and far about it, but they didn't believe me. Uncle Roald told me it was for my own good, that it would 'teach me my place." Luke sneered at the idea. Like he needed some pompus arse to tell him what his place was. He was adopted, he was there because his family had wanted him. Not by the graces of birth like his younger and older brothers. "Sadly, it's all I can do to not let him get to Bree, or Steffi, or Jer. and I failed Cain, I know I did. Roald was at the house over the holidays, and Cain disappeared. There's a connection, but I can't prove it. Not enough evidence. And even if I could prove it, what happens then? I've managed to keep him focused on me, but damn it, the moment he gets the chance, everyone else is in trouble." Luke swore in both Norwegian and English, wishing for once that he wasn't such a major screw up, and he hadn't lied all the time. That's what got him into this mess in the first place.

User Image
                                                  OOC: ...

What I'm sayin' is
This is the anthem
Throw all your hands up
You, don't wanna be you

Lady Pomegranates

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:40 am
User Image☾ ☆ ★ ☆ ☽Shayna Aileen Snow☾ ☆ ★ ☆ ☽
So come and dance to the beat, wave your hands together
Come feel the heat, forever and forever
Listen and learn, it is time for prancing,
Now we are here, we're Caramell Dancing!

Hʟғ-Bʟ//Rɴʟ//Dɪɴɢ Dɪ Cʟʀɪss//Pʀғ//Sʀ//Vɪ-Cɪɴ

Where? --
With? ---
Feeling//OoC ---
Wearing --- Clothes

User Image

((Plot scene between David and Shayna... Excuse me sorry!))

Shayna chuckled lightly as she went through some of the books she had already gotten for research. Walking past the door three times, knowing what she needed and the door appeared. She checked behind her, feeling like she was being followed. She was just imagining things of course! Entering quietly, she shut the door and added the books to what she already had and started sorting through information. It was really easy, especially for a Ravenclaw. She smiled as she started to the dry erase board, conveniently put in the room by her desires. She had heard about a new vampire, barely even coming into it's skills... Maybe it was from an outside source... But she had to try. She had to know.

User Image

User Image

Make me your Aphrodite
Make me your one and only
Don’t make me your enemy, Your enemy, Your Enemy,
So you wanna play with magic.
Boy, you should know what your falling for.

Sapphire The Owl

murruelecreuset

Hallways and the Grand Staircase

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas