Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hallways and the Grand Staircase
The Room of Requirement Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 5:52 pm
User Image
❤ Cathaline Acacia League ❤ a.k.a. Cathyxxxxx
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx <5th Year>
Time: 2029-2030: Lunch Time
Looking: Like the Adorable Badger I am

------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Cathy nodded as Theo explained his interests and then, raising a brow, and crossing her arms she said in a rather sober and serious tone that contrasted with her usual bubbly charm and cheerful demeanor and voice, which carried a tone of a naive ditzy innocence, "Too bad not everyone believes in playing by the rules in that 'sport'. Even professionals." The change in her tone was enough to indicate-if one actually paid attention-that she might not be as naive or ditzy as she seemed, it was a tone that showed her relation to her brother in that it was rational and cold. Granted she was a bit more tactful in what she had said. She shook her head and then smiled and said her tone turning more cheerful again, "But, I wish you the best of luck either way."

She smiled as he said he'd take her offer on advice on girls-though she was pretty sure it was more of a common sense thing that he should have been able to pick up. Of course, she should be a whole lot better at spell work considering she was a fifth year and took good notes and studied, but she wasn't. Sometimes people just weren't that skilled and even with a little help they'd never be better than average but considering how hopeless Theo was the advice would at least get him to a first date... probably... and if he was lucky enough the girl just might not walk out on that date.

"We'll just need to set up sometime for us to meet up so I can serve you a good meal then," Cathy said with a smile before it turned to why she was actually here. "Yeah... I suppose we should get started. I don't really want to... and like I said I will make your life a living Hell this year if you make fun of me at all for how horrid I am! Trust me, I totally can... do you know how popular I am? And it isn't like I didn't come from a long line of cunning Slytherins for nothing, so no laughing, alright?" She said her eyes narrowed dangerously at him before she sighed and said, "Um... Defense Against the Dark Arts or Transfiguration I guess because they are core classes. Defense seems more useful considering..." She said giving Theo a small smile, as she pulled out her Defense Against the Dark Arts text book and pulled out of her bag a stack of organized notes. "This is what I have... I mean I obviously get the theory behind the stuff... hexes and jinxes and counter-curses and all that... the more charm-like stuff I can do, alright. It's a lot, I know, sorry..." She said wincing slightly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
RedEagleEye007

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 2:41 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
    Theo Gibbs

Gryffindor Seventh Year

"Some are born great, some achieve greatness..."

He couldn't contain his laugh as the girl mentioned the rampant cheating that went on within dueling. He nodded to the girl, a smile on his face. "Ah...I myself have a few tricks up my sleeve as well. I've never used them here, but I know quite a few," he admitted to Cathy. "Nor do I plan on ever using them period." She could believe or she couldn't, but Theo didn't like to win by cheating; so he just didn't do it. "And thank you. Hopefully, I can figure out what it is I want to do soon." He said this with a little bit of doubt, not knowing if he would even be considered because of the sip of alcohol he consumed, which shouldn't even have been a big deal. He didn't even get tipsy at all, let alone, drunk.

As they moved to the subject of food, all he could do was smile. The girl seemed to really like the decision on a meal. Theo knew that he loved the idea. He did get food after all. Plus, he didn't really mind spending some time with Cathy. The girl was a nice girl after all. Plus, she was a friend of Sophie's so might as well befriend Sophie's friends. He couldn't suppress the laugh when the girl had mentioned that she could make his life h***, all on the basis that she was popular. "Cathy, you could make everyone in this school hate me and my life would remain relatively unchanged. That being said, I told you I would not laugh and I am a man of my word," he reassured her, knowing that some people just weren't good at magic. He wouldn't judge her for it. Nor did he care how great of a wizard she was.

He finally did get started however, instantly moving onto the subject of Defense Against the Dark Arts. "So, if you get the theory behind everything, the application shouldn't be exceedingly hard to learn. The theory is the foundation of course. I would like to ask, which spells have you gotten in class in which you found that you could not do? Are there any that you just sat there and couldn't perform? Or is your problem consistency; you know, you'll get it once, but it just seems like you can never get it to work everytime?" he asked her, raising a brow as he said it. He had to get out all the basic questions before he actually started performing everything.

"And some have greatness thrust upon them"

mc2

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 4:58 am
User Image
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx <5th Year>

Cathy shook her head when Theo laughed about her mention of cheating in dueling and he answered he had quite a few tricks up his sleeve. "I'm not being funny," She said, fixing her eyes on his, and said her tone reflecting the seriousness that her brother seemed to add to everything he said, though her tone lacked the biting insult of 'stupid' implied there, hers was more of concern, "Theo... you know what kind of family I come from... or you should at least have got half an idea from knowing my brother. I didn't meet our grandparents till after I was accepted to Hogwarts... David grew up around them... people like that rules don't apply to. I have a cousin-well actually my grandmother's great-niece, but still-who lives with my grandparents because of dueling. The polite way of putting it was a 'misunderstanding with the ministry due to a dueling accident'..." She trailed off and said, "No matter what tricks you have, I don't think you have the type to account for people like that."

She frowned, looking away, listening as he went on to thank her for wishing him luck on figuring out his future career options and then the conversation became lighter about her repayment and food which he seemed to light up-well they did say you could win a man over through his stomach, not that she was aiming to do that necessary, after all Theo agreed to help long before she offered any repayment. And Theo said he could make everyone in the school hate him and his life would be fairly much the same. Though he did agree to not laugh at you and claimed to be a man of his word, "Oh, that is good. But, I'm a girl of my word too, Xiānbèi, and I don't think you actually grasp that everyone in this school hating you is hardly all I could do... not that I would want to, but don't make me, okay?"

She smiled and then when the subject turned to why they were actually here and she suppressed a groan when he started to interrogate her. "I mean... anything like lumos or nox, or say like finite with a really simple spell or something... but anything really useful for true defense against the dark arts I'm hopeless with. Oh... I could do Riddikulus alright... so I can sort of deal with boggarts, that's more than my brother can do at least. I mean he's great at everything pretty much but I know he refuses to face a boggart... keeps saying it's an invasion of his privacy or something. I bet he's scared of something stupid like butterflies and that's why!" She added with a chuckle before sobering up and continuing with a sigh, "But any hex or curse or whatever I just can't do... and I can barely do a protego that can hold up against a tickling charm let alone anything serious..."

She frowned and said, pulling herself up onto the edge of the table to sit, her legs dangling as she tapped her fingers on the table edge, and looked down her cheeks burning, "It is more I just... I mean I might be able to get it eventually... once... but it is weak or might as well be a fail. I remember Professor Dechering once in Healing said something about me lacking confidence or something, but I mean look at me..." She waved a hand, "What do I have to not be confident about. I mean, my brother is brilliant at healing and spellwork, no reason I shouldn't be either, right? I think she just is annoyed that the little sister of her genius-student is one of her worst students. Not like I don't study... I mean I'm not obsessed like David is, but I study a lot more than a lot of my peers, and in healing I've had my brother help me before, so I don't know what it is!"

"I just suck," She concluded with a shrug. "Some people are natural talents at magic-I'm a natural no-talent, I guess. It sucks, but it is true... I'm kind of hopeless in everything I feel like. Any offensive or really strong defensive spells really show how bad I am at being a proper witch though."

RedEagleEye007

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 10:12 pm
    Theo Gibbs

Gryffindor Seventh Year

The girl seemed quite serious, but Theo remained light. But he didn't laugh because for whatever reason the girl seemed to take some offense to it. But to Theo, cheaters were cheaters. Whether it was cheating someone out of their life...or cheating on a test. They were all the same to him. When the girl said that he didn't have the type to account for certain people, he shook his head. He did not say a word however, not wanting to get into some heated debate out ethics and how they affect people's boundaries. Theo did not need tricks, and that was something he believed and always would. However, he bit his tongue and just waited out the rest of the conversation regarding it. It seemed to go by quickly, speaking that both of them had remained a bit quiet about it.

And of course the girl went even further on the subject of making his life a living hell. He once again stayed silent because he was sure that she couldn't do such a thing, nor would she. There was nothing Theo would do that would even make her want to do such a thing either. And even if she did somehow manage to make his school year a living hell...well, he only had a little while left because really, once he left school, he didn't have to worry about pretty much anyone but himself. He of course would choose to keep some people in his life, but he wasn't even sure who at that point. Ronna was there...and Danica too. Of course there was always Belle, his dueling instructor and friend. "Enough of that...you know we both actually don't want that to be a possibility," he said calmly, moving on from the subject.

When the girl had explained what it was he inquired about, he nodded his head. So, the girl had a problem with...just about everything that there was about Defense Against the Dark Arts. As the girl went on it, Theo already knew one of her problems...and it was one her professor said to her. "Cathy, you don't suck. You just need to find what it is that is the problem. Once you do, you'll find yourself a lot better. I get that some people might not be as strong as others, but every wizard has their potential. And usually the potential is at least a little high," he said to her before starting. "And if your professor is telling the truth, then that could be one of your biggest flaws that is causing you not to perform these spells. Confidence can make or break you in all senses. But that being said...okay, so I found an old dummy laying around in here. So, I want you to perform Expelliarmus, the knock-back jinx , and Glacius. I just want to get an idea of what you are doing." He looked at her for a few seconds, leaning up against a wall to watch.

mc2

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 5:04 pm
User Image
xxxxxxxxx <5th Year>

Cathy shrugged at Theo's assessment that they both really didn't want her to work to make his life Hell for the rest of his time at Hogwarts-even if it was limited. He was right in that she didn't want to, but it didn't change the fact she could if she wanted to or had a reason to. When they began discussing her lack of skills she looked up and frowned as Theo said she didn't suck and she just needed to find out what her problem was. Not like she didn't already know. She'd been knowingly doing magic for almost five years now, she knew that she just was bad. It was simple. Compared to her classmates (and many underclassmen) she was just horrible at actual spellwork. Charms she did alright in at least, though. But that was different than other spellwork. They just were easier. Less flashy. More useful.

She looked back at him and sighed, "One, witch would be a proper term for me... I am female..." She waved a hand at her curves and the skirt she was wearing, "obviously," she winked at him and then slid off the table she was sitting on and fixing her skirt sighed as he said it was her confidence that was the issue-she was plenty confident, she just also knew where her talents did and did not lie- and then pulled out a dummy and gave her a list of spells to perform. She looked at him and frowned, pulling out the wand made of the same wood as her middle name, and said blushing, "Um... the problem is I've never actually really... well you'll see..."

She stood in front of the dummy and one spell after another, her scowl deepening, she did the wand movement with perfect precision and easy flow and exact pronunciation of each spell, her focus and perfectionism much like her brothers in his spellwork, but unlike her older brother nothing happened each time. After completing the wandwork and commanding "glacius" only to manage a small wisp of icy air before it disappeared she sighed and bright red fixed her brown eyes on Theo's eyes and said biting her lip, "See? Failure. I'm a complete failure! I do the wandwork perfect-I know, I've studied it enough-and the pronunciation is easy... I just suck." She looked down, biting her lip still and scuffed the floor with her shoe, "Obviously."

RedEagleEye007

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:32 pm
    Theo Gibbs

Gryffindor Seventh Year

He waved off her notion of calling her a witch with a chuckle. "Fine, fine, every person has their potential...better," he said with a laugh as the girl got up from her seat. When the girl had gotten up, she had started to say something, but then just assured him that he would see what she was going to say. He almost felt like she was going to say she had never gotten them, but he doubted that she 'never' got anything. Every wizard could do certain things...unfortunately, it didn't seem that Cathy was too confident with defensive spells, but then again, that was what he was there for: wasn't it? Theo was like a defensive magic guru after all. His protego was almost impenetrable when at full power. Well...it would take an extremely powerful spell to break it, and from a very powerful wizard.

As he watched the girl go through the motions of the spell, the girl didn't seem to be able to pull off what it was he was asking. Evaluating her the whole time, he tried to figure out why she was not pulling off any result that would really do anything. When the girl spoke, all he heard was a tone of desperation, like it was the worst thing that could ever happen. Theo looked at her for a few seconds before answering her. "Cathy, when you are casting a spell...what are you thinking about? I of course could probably find out, but are you thinking about failure? Because I assure you if you are really worrying about anything is going to work...well, it won't work," he asked her, wondering what it was she was thinking. "And you seem a little stiff too, like you're trying to be perfect. Everyone has their own way of doing things. Of course the wand movement is the same, but I personally like to keep my wrist loose and my I stay loose even when dueling." He looked at her for a moment and waited to see how she answered his first question.

mc2

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:08 am
User Image
xxxxxxxxx <5th Year>

Cathy was still looking down at the floor where she kept kicking the stone floor with the toe of her shoe, biting her lip, and clenching her fist, as Theo asked what she was thinking about and then said he could probably figure it out but instead started trying to play fifty questions or whatever. Whenever he said he could figure it out, she looked up quickly, narrowed her eyes at him for a moment and then looked back down where she continued to kick the floor with the toe of her shoe. She remained silent as he began to critique her wandwork, saying it was stiff and like she was trying to be perfect, and then went on to say everyone had their own way and that he personally liked to keep his wrist loose and then talked about dueling.

Making a long sigh, she half sank-half sat down on the floor, folding her legs under her and muttered, "Of course I'm not thinking of failing! I'm just thinking about how the spell is supposed to go. To make sure the right wand work lines up with the right words and such just so and exactly how the spell is supposed to look and go... the normal stuff, right?" She glanced up at Theo and then back down at her hands she had clenched around her wand she held in her lap. "And, I'm not being stiff, I'm being precise. If you do everything perfect shouldn't it just work?"

She buried her face in her lap and muttered, her voice quiet, "I might as well be a squib... I suck... everyone is better than me. I don't have to be the best... I don't need to be... but I don't like being the worst. Will you just take a polyjuice potion or something to pose as me and do all the spellwork exams for me?" She turned and lifted her head up slightly to give Theo a somewhat hopeful smile as she added, "I mean I could brew it for you... I can at least pull off potions... it's basically like cooking which is easy... and... um... I'm sure I could find something to pay you? Uh... money? Information? A favor? Something? Please... I mean, like I said, I suck. You don't have to be nice about it. I'm not stupid. I know I suck. I don't like being lied to. My brother and my dad and my entire bloody family does it enough to me, I don't need someone else to lie to me too."

RedEagleEye007

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:57 am
    Theo Gibbs

Gryffindor Seventh Year

Theo looked at the girl as she started to kick the floor. The girl seemed...well...frustrated to say the least and he couldn't blame her. She didn't want to fail and that was what had just happened and it seemed like it was a recurring thing for her, but Theo knew one thing, that giving up certainly wouldn't be good for either of them. Nor did he want to give up on her. He told her he would teach her and teach her he would do. As the girl sat down on the floor and answered his question, he looked at her for a few seconds...thinking about what he would say next. It sound awfully like she was trying too hard almost. To Theo...everything was second nature by then...each spell aligning correctly on their own. "You know what my old football coach used to tell me Cathy; 'When taking a shot, if you are thinking too much about where you want to put the shot...it's going to miss," he said to her before getting to his point, sitting down beside the girl. "True precision comes from practice...and that is what we are here to do: is it not?" He looked at her for a few moments as the girl continued to get down on herself, suggesting that he take a polyjuice potion to take the tests for her.

"Cathy, now we both know that I can not do that. Getting caught doing that will ruin your chances of being prefect, head girl...a lot of things you aspire to be. And I won't lie to you, right now, you aren't on par with the others, but I believe if you spend time practicing with me, by the time O.W.L.s are here, you will be perfectly fine," he assured her, hoping she would get up and take his advice to keep practicing. She had to realize that through practice and practice alone would she ever get to where she wanted to be.

mc2

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:29 am
User Image
xxxxxxxxx <5th Year>

"We're not playing football," Cathy said dryly, "Not even quidditch. And trust me, my goals go in just fine in that." She sighed, "No, I get the analogy, but the thing is David does the same thing thinking about everything through and it works just fine for him. Nothing is just one way or another..." She frowned and then when he reprimanded her for her comment about the polyjuice potion she raised a brow and said, "Then don't get caught. Duh. And, believe it or not, I'm perfectly fine not being head girl or whatever."

She balled her fists in her lap and looked down at them and added, a tone of annoyance in her voice as she challenged Theo, "What makes practicing with you so special that I'll be perfectly fine on my OWLs?" She sighed, curling up her legs to her chin and glanced to Theo and added, "I just don't want to be an embarrassment. But I am. I mean I'm going to drop pretty much all my spellwork related courses after my OWLs, anyways, what does it matter if I get someone else to take my OWLs for me? It's easier and that's guarenteed a better chance at a pass for me than if I took the exams."

She frowned and looked at Theo and said, "I don't mean to be rude, but the thing is considering how horrific I am, what do you honestly think you can do for me or help me get that the past four years or whatever hasn't? I shouldn't have asked for your help... I mean me failing will be a reflection on you too now, Xiānbèi... Sorry." She stood and bit her lip and clenching her fist, she said, "Everyone thinks I'm stupid or practically a squib anyways... not like it'll be a surprise if I do awful, right?"

She shook her head and frowned, "Anyways, I don't like focusing or talking about what I'm bad at. Besides, it makes me a downer to be around. No one likes you if you are grumpy right?" She said, putting on a smile, and checking her eye make-up for a moment in a mirror to make sure she didn't ruin it by getting tears in her eye or something from her frustration. Closing the mirror she said, "And frowning gives you premature wrinkles. People like you best if you are happy. So, let's just say you tried and I just am hopeless in some cases... I don't want to ask too much of you. I feel like I sort of did, sorry..." She said still smiling as she beginning to stack up her books. "I mean I wish I could be helped, but I don't think I can... or I don't want to put that pressure on you. It would be mean of me, right?" She ended, trying to brush off how upset she had been only moments earlier for not getting it. If you never tried, you couldn't fail right? She didn't want to embarrass herself, and besides Theo probably already sort of disliked her thanks to her brother. David and Theo seemed to hate each other. They probably did. It was easy to see how different the two was. David was subtle and serious and strict. Theo was flashy and overconfident and impulsive.

RedEagleEye007

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:58 pm
    Theo Gibbs

Gryffindor Seventh Year

Theo looked at her for a few seconds before responding. The girl was trying way too hard to be her brother...way too hard. She wasn't her brother...and Theo firmly believed that she didn't know that she wasn't. She kept trying to simulate what he did and obviously it hadn't been working."Cathy, you aren't your brother. Maybe that just doesn't work for you," he said, getting to his point, getting a tad annoyed about the fact that she was fighting him trying to teach her something new...just to see if it worked. "I'm not doing your OWLs for you; so if that's what you want, you are talking to the wrong person. You're a fifth year that will look like you are doing it for much longer than five years that's for sure. If you seriously want to find someone to do your OWLs for you, you might want to aim a lot lower...and someone with less morals as well. I might get into trouble, but even I still live by my own creed." He said this rather seriously, not faltering at one word. He didn't care what she did for him...he wasn't going to sacrifice his morals just so she could sleep at night. He wanted her to do well, but to go back on his creed was unheard of.

Theo listened to her, still shaking his head. "Nothing is special about it, besides the word practice. Do you hear me? Practice. It is the only way you will get this," he said to her, still rather seriously. It was annoying that she wasn't getting the fact that practice was the only way to achieve perfection. Sure, Theo was naturally good at spellwork, but he attributed any perfect casts to Belle, his Dueling Teacher. That's why he was as good as he was. Because while he was being taught strategies, he was also being taught how to perfect his points of weakness. "If you call yourself an embarrassment one more time, I'm walking through those doors and leaving. Seriously. You speak what...six languages...? You can cook, you can brew a potion...which is something I sure am not always capable of doing. I'm sure you're good at Herbology, History of Magic, and such. So what? You're an embarrassment because you can't do a few wand tricks that you'll probably never use after this year?" He was annoyed to say the least. It was a bit annoying to have to get away from him trying to teach because she wasn't willing to try and learn. Taking a deep breath, he stood up along with her, wanting to leave, but he didn't. He of course had to give a pep talk to an insecure teenage girl. That was easy right? No...it wasn't.

"I can teach you to be a h*** of a lot more relaxed that's for sure. You're so worried about achieving perfection. Not every spell is perfect. I've had spells break through my shield charms dozens of time...most of them shot off by my dueling instructor. Like I've said a few times now, practice makes perfect. Call me arrogant, but I know I am good at this...and you want to know why...not because I just all of a sudden twirled my wand and everything worked perfectly. No...it never works like that. Yes, I got the first spell I tried on the first try, but was it powerful at all? No...not at all." he said, not even acknowledging the girl's comment about everyone thinking she was stupid. He was just about done with that part of the conversation. Everyone liked the girl and if she didn't see that...well, then she was blind. Even Theo liked the girl and that was a lot speaking that her brother was probably his enemy at that point. The two hated each other after all.

The girl had put on a smile, but that same smile never found itself onto Theo's face. The girl was so worried about what others thought of her that it was ridiculous. "It puts no pressure on me at all. I already know how to do this and I'm gone after this year. Once I'm done here, well, you probably won't even talk to me, see me...except maybe through Sophie, if that even is a thing, let alone tell me the OWL scores you got. So, really, no, no pressure here," he said, shrugging his shoulders. The girl was trying her hardest to not try to do anything. "You told me to treat you like your age so...if you want to just give up and assume yourself hopeless...despite the fact that you are not; well, that's on you. There's the door. That being said, if you want to actually try, I'm right here. And I am ready to attempt to teach you what I know." He kept a serious demeanor the whole time. Seriously, the girl was a nice girl, but if she just wanted to give up...well, then they were both wasting their time. Theo had no problem trying to teach her how to perform some of the more defensive spells and even other subjects. He wouldn't mind the small review of those years for NEWTs and he had a lot of time to himself anyway. Time that he would spend roaming around the castle with nothing to do.

mc2

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:57 pm
User Image
xxxxxxxxx <5th Year>

Cathy narrowed her eyes at Theo as he said he wasn't going to do her OWLs for her and suggested that is what she wanted. "You think that is what I want? You bloody, pompous, arrogant, idiotic, sophomoric moron! It's not like I want to cheat? But I don't see any other way to even scrape an A on some of my exams. Oh right, but you think I want someone to do my exams so I can get all Os or whatever like my brother... and mind you David didn't get all Os!" She clutched her fists, her hands shaking as she glared at Theo, "And practice would do a lot of good if I could get the damn spells in the first place, but I can't!"

She took a deep breath, her hands still shaking as she gripped her wand in her hand and added, "And it is only five languages I can speak-and only four I'm fluent. Oh, but sorry, you are too busy not listening to me. You know for a Legilimens, you are awfully shitty at reading people!"

When he said there was the door, Cathy clenched her fist, took a step back and then almost without a second of thought raised her wand and snapped, "Waddiwasi" with a confidence and flurry of emotion (anger in this case), her previous spells lacked. The stack of her text books, several ink wells in the room, and half a dozen quills all launched at rapid speed at Theo from around the room. "You say I'm not my brother so what works for him doesn't necessarily work for me... well I sure as Hell am not you either. And by the way," She added, "not that you'll listen to me, since you think you know everything, even if you don't, you are not the type of guy Sophie is going to run off in the sunset with. How bloody dense are you not to realize she's just toying around with you? She's like me. We are childhood friends... you think I have less of an idea what she is like then you?"

She rolled her eyes, not seeming to notice the items she had launched now rearranged around the room or the fact several of them probably hit Theo as she was too engrossed in her own lecture of Theo, as she ended with a quite lengthy insult in Latin, French, and Mandarin Chinese, before she took a breath and settled for glaring at Theo quietly, still furious at him and his implications she was over-dramatizing the whole thing or that she was lazy and him going on about how great he was compared to her and how she wasn't her brother and thinking he knew everything about her when he practically knew nothing. He didn't bother to get to know her, which was fine, but what pissed her off was him acting like he already did know her.

RedEagleEye007

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:49 pm
    Theo Gibbs

Gryffindor Seventh Year

Theo watched her intently as she went into her own furious tirade, calling him all the things in the book, all of which he has heard at some point of his life...whether it was him saying it or even David saying it to Theo actually. Except for pompous...for Theo never said just because it was a weird word to him. "That is what practice is for," he added, putting his hand to his forehead and shaking his head, saying nothing more. She seriously wasn't getting it at all was she? He listened to the girl however, not saying much of a word more as she corrected him. She spoke four languages...okay, did it really matter that he got the number wrong? So it was one off...now he wasn't listening?

Theo just stood there, watching and taking the flurry of insults constantly, until it seemed the girl wanted to add injury to insult. He wasn't able to block anything unfortunately, but a barrage of her things flew at him, all seemingly hitting him somewhere on his body, whether it was a text book hitting his head, or an ink well hitting his legs. It hurt like a b****, but Theo found pleasure in it. The girl had got it...and it only took a bit of provocation. She did continue to string a few insults, talking about Sophie not being a girl that liked him. Theo couldn't care any less really. Whatever happened, happened. Picking up the book that had smashed against his face, walking up to the girl. He waved off the girl's stringing of what seemed like insults in foreign languages, only to wave the book in her face. "Looks like someone isn't as terrible of a witch as she thought she was, just like I've been trying to tell you. Take a look around the room...you did that. Looks like Dechering was very much right," he said with a brief pause before putting the book down and beginning again. " Confidence...and you'll be just fine. Just a little provocation on this occasion because it was needed, but judging by the welt that is already forming on my leg...well, it was one hell of a cast." he said to her, calmly, almost chuckling. It was funny that the girl that said she couldn't do anything just about almost knocked him unconscious with a book.

"Oh, it feels great to be right...I'm talking about the fact that you could do it of course," he said jokingly, completely shaking off her insults as if she didn't even say them. Because like he said, he really didn't care what anybody thought about him.

mc2

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:27 am
User Image
xxxxxxxxx <5th Year>

"It is Professor Dechering," Cathy answered, her tone obviously unimpressed with Theo, as he decided to point out that she wasn't as 'terrible of a witch' as she thought and that the professor was right that all she needed confidence and in this case a little provocation. Her eyes were narrowed at him still as he almost chuckled and then went on to joke about how great it felt to be right. Cathy tucked her wand into her blazer pocket and swung back a hand to slap Theo, but paused, one because how short she was meant she'd be lucky if she managed a decent hit at the guy, and two because it wasn't worth it. Instead a good six inches from his face she paused and let her hand drop and said with a long sigh, "Just a little advice, when you are trying to get into the pants of a girl it is smart not to piss off one of the girl's best friends."

She shook her head and said, "Also, you aren't nearly as right as you think you are. Just because I managed to hit you with an ink well or book, doesn't mean I got expelliarmus, the knock-back jinx, or glacius. I still haven't got any of those, so..."

She sighed and massaged her forehead with one of her hands looking at Theo incredulously as she debated on what to say next. "Seriously, how have you managed to make it this long without someone hexing you in some hallway is beyond me. Like seriously, I grew up with my brother, so I am used to clueless arsehats... but you bring it to a whole new level." She rolled her eyes and then said, "And in the exam, I'm pretty sure the examiner isn't going to work at pissing me off as much as you've managed... though, who knows, maybe I can get hexes if I fire them off at you and you keep talking."

She half smiled and said, "Like I said I've never got them in the first place. And you can't really practice if you can't get it at all... which I keep telling you but you seem too dense to understand. Granted I don't think you've ever really had my problem with spell work... maybe that's why you don't seem to get my problem?" She frowned and bit her lip and looked away, "And, you probably don't have the expectations and concerns I do about things... um... sorry for hitting you, by the way?" She glanced back at him and crossed her arms and raised a brow and added, "Though you did deserve it. You are being kind of a jerk. The thing with teaching... you know it isn't really all about you, Xiānbèi... it is way more about your pupil. You agreed to help me, you owe me being a good tutor. I'm sure I could find plenty of other way cuter and way more attentive tutors for my OWLs if I wanted. You should be thankful I even considered asking you. But you agreed to help, so you better. It's your responsibility, now, and a real man owns up to the responsibilities he takes on, right?" She ended with a raised brow at Theo as she waited for his answer.

RedEagleEye007

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:06 pm
    Theo Gibbs

Gryffindor Seventh Year

Looking at her for few seconds, he really didn't say much at all. Okay, so he didn't call his professor, professor? Did it really matter all that much. Then the conversation went right back to Sophie. So he just nodded his head and went along with whatever the girl said, trying to let the conversation pass. Because hopefully it did, because he wasn't there to talk about Sophie or anything else for that matter. He was supposed to be teaching her but somewhere along the road the two got into an argument. Partly because he was annoyed that she wasn't even going to try anything and she was annoyed...well, because of him really. Well...she made that one obvious by the way the girl was referring to him.

"I'm sorry, but if you could get the spell you just got with that much convincing power and that range, well...those spells won't be amazingly hard," he said, emotionless. He stayed quiet until she called him the biggest arsehat...or something along those lines...to which he shrugged his shoulders. "I'm sure I do." Looking around for a moment, he remained quiet and waited for the insults to just stop. It never seemed to stop however, her calling him dense and a jerk. He was starting to think maybe he wasn't the one to help her with this. Her brother would be a lot better than him really. He at least knew how to teach...and he knew how to teach her specifically.

Theo just let the girl ramble, not saying a word until the end. "I told you I would help and I would." He trailed off, not really saying much more.

mc2

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:50 pm
User Image
xxxxxxxxx <5th Year>

Cath could see the wheels turning in Theo's head while he tried to shut out and ignore everything she said to him. Despite all of his confidence, Theo really didn't seem the best at being able to handle a harsh tongue lashing. He seemed more the type to roll his eyes and pretend it was never said, even while it was being said. It was annoying and rude in Cathy's opinion, and honestly it just encouraged people to be harsher with their words. At his cold response of an emotionless apology from him and his argument she should be able to do the other spells if she could pull off waddiwasi so well. She thought to answer but let him finish and muttered that he told her to help and that he would.

She frowned and nodded and she said, "At the very least you have pride. That's good..." She bit her lip for a moment, twirled a strand of hair around her finger and then looked back to him, "I mean surely you realize that the spell I used... wadawasi... and the spells I struggle with and can't do have completely different concepts? I mean wadawasi is a charm... it isn't really the same as glacius or a protego or a hex or well any of that..."

"And if the theory is different I don't see how being good at one automatically makes you able to do the other," Cathy said. She frowned, crossing her arms and said, "The theory behind something is one of the most important things about getting a spell, right? I mean... that's what my brother says is true for his case. So, it's got to be right for everyone, right? I mean how else is he as good as he is on things? Or is he some weird case when it comes to spell work? I... I just don't know... but theory seems awfully important. You got to admit the concept behind all those things are different though, right?"

RedEagleEye007

Quote:

Quote:

Hallways and the Grand Staircase

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items