Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hallways and the Grand Staircase
The Room of Requirement Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:46 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
    Theo Gibbs

Gryffindor Seventh Year

"Some are born great, some achieve greatness..."

He nodded and shrugged his shoulders. Yes, Theo had pride and quite a bit of it. But then again, they both seemed to know that, judging by the fact that she said that in the first place. He wasn't sure how that was too good however. Theo actually thought that was one of his biggest drawbacks. He never would fix that however because it was just how he was. A prideful, arrogant seventeen year old. He wouldn't argue about it really, mainly because they've done enough arguing during the time. Plus, he'd rather not have to hear another string of insults shot at him. When the girl spoke again, he nodded his head. "Yes, I know, but Wadawasi is a very offensive spell as you can see; so it bares some relation to expelliarmus, flipendo, and those kinds of spells. Although it is a charm, its use kind of sets it apart from other charms. Although it could be used differently, offensive or defensive uses are very common. So yes, it does have a different concept to it, but it bares more relation than say, the Summoning Charm. Which leads me to believe that you could do it," he said, explaining himself. Hopefully she saw his reasoning as he said it. He wished he could just say that he believed in her and she would believe it for awhile, but it seemed she was a bit of skeptic in the 'I think I can' kind of motivation.

As she referred to her brother, he shook his head. "What your brother says is true. The theory is important, just if you have an understanding of it really, I find that I don't have to worry about it. I've never been one to constantly think of theory however. I'm flashy, that's the only way to describe me. But for your case, you just have to figure out the best way for you to perform. You're probably the normal person that's in between, not too flashy, not too formal. Because usually that's how people are," he said to her, wondering what she thought of that. This was only an observation of course.

"And some have greatness thrust upon them"

mc2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:24 pm
User Image
❤ Cathaline Acacia League ❤ a.k.a. Cathyxxxxx
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx <5th Year>
Time: 2029-2030: Lunch Time
Looking: Like the Adorable Badger I am

------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

At Theo's response about the offensive nature of the spell she bit her lip and thought about it for a moment before looking back at him and said, "Well, considering the offensive nature that might also be a good argument for why I probably shouldn't take too much of David's lessons entirely as flawless... or not for me. I mean he's a complete pacifist. When it comes to people... he couldn't hurt someone, not physically or at least anything lasting. Goes against his 'ethics' or whatever... apparently he decided to swear his oath to the Hippocratic Oath at like three and then take it to an extreme. But that isn't me..." She waved at Theo's leg where she hit, and blushes slightly with an embarrassed smile at the thought, "obviously, right?"

She shook her head and kept her smile as she listened to him go on about flashiness and that being the nature of him and that her brother was the opposite and that most people were somewhere in the middle. She crossed her arms and said, "I don't think I'm flashy..." She paused and shook her head, "Let me correct myself, I'm not flashy when I actually do pull off magic. I mean charms and potions aren't that flashy of a talent. In my personal life and when it comes to people, sure, but I mean I don't need to be flashy in spellwork, I always felt, when I am this eye-catching normally. Wouldn't magic just detract from me? After all in fairy-tales the beautiful princess or queen is rarely magical, right?" She added mischievously with a wink.

"Ah!"
She exclaimed jumping up once on her tip toes and twirling about, "I know, how about you teach me to do just enough to pass my exams and we work on making things pretty. Maybe I have trouble with all those defense against the arts stuff and transfiguration and healing and stuff because I don't find those spells very pretty." She frowned, "It probably doesn't help I find other people's blood gross... I mean I'd rather my own stay in me too but..." She shuddered and smiled, "Guess I make a pretty bad surgeon's daughter in that sense. Dad can go talk about medical stuff and gore with David if he wants someone to chat about that... me? I'll pass." She shuddered for a moment at the thought and then held out a hand and said, "So you agree to help me with that right? When should we meet again? And when should we have a meal where you can appreciate one of my many actual talents. I bet I'm a better cook than most of the house elves, no offense to the little guys of course."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
RedEagleEye007

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:56 pm
    Theo Gibbs

Gryffindor Seventh Year

Theo looked at her with a small smile as the girl went on about her brother. As soon as she said the kid took the Hippocratic Oath at like three years old, wondering if it was an exaggeration, but he played along of course as if it weren't. "Really? I thought he would have done that earlier," he said jokingly, before he responded to her notion that she wasn't a pacifist. "Yeah, I know, I definitely learned that one the hard way." He didn't take it at all as an offense. He was already over it really. That's one of the biggest things he has learned over the years. He never really held huge grudges...with the exception being David. And that was only because he was constantly being insulted by the kid so it really just resurfaced every time it happened.

He nodded his head along with the girl as she spoke. She didn't seem like the flashy type at all really, but one never knew. Usually the flashier people just got it and it clicked. So, naturally, it lead him to believe she wasn't of that sort. He could be completely wrong. Then she talked about her looks again, which Theo did give a small smile. "I actually think the magic would add even more attraction to you, but that's just me," he said with a small smile. "Then again: what do I know? You might've told me 'nothing' at one point." He laughed a bit before listening to what else the girl had to say.

As she came up with a solution, he contemplated it for a few seconds. He hated the idea of just teaching her enough to get by, but he figured that was definitely the best way to go and if he was to get her to go forward with it. When she mentioned blood, he gave a for once sheepish smile. "Why do you think I took that class in the first place? I really want my blood to stay in my body," he admitted to her, her being the first person he actually ever told that. He hated the sight of actual blood, but he especially hated the sight of his own blood. "Uh...yes...of course. I suppose whenever is best for you. All I've really got good to do is study and maybe go walk around the castle a bit; so I have quite a bit of free time. That goes for the meal too." He said this with a small smile, hoping she could come up with a time for both because he certainly wasn't good at all that. He just kind of went with the flow at that moment.

mc2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:21 am
User Image
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx <5th Year>

Cathy shook her head and rolled her eyes with a smile when Theo said that he would have expected David to have taken the oat a lot earlier. She chuckled slightly when he added that he learned she wasn't a pacifist the hard way, and stopped mid chuckle. Raising a brow, and putting a hand on her hip she replied, "You deserved it, though, so that was totally not my fault, you know."

She shrugged, innocently, listening as Theo went on, a large grin forming on her face as he said that he thought magic would add more attraction to her. Smirking she raised a finger and said, "Ah, so you do think I'm attractive. You better be careful and not let my brother hear it... apparently he makes a habit of threatening any guy who so much as gets within five feet of me. It's like totally annoying... honestly I think the thing he likes most about being head boy is controlling prefect patrol schedules." She sighed and rolled her eyes, "Did you know I have only done patrols with another girl the entire year? It's ridiculous..." She sighed, before smiling again and saying, "As for knowing me, well you don't exactly have to know me to acknowledge my attractiveness."

As it came to the discussion of how academics once again she nodded when he said that he'd also rather his blood stay in his body. Most people did. It was perfectly reasonable. Besides blood was messy. She sensed his hesitation at her theory of learning just enough to 'get by' but he agreed and told her she had a fair amount of free time. "That... that's a bit depressing," Cathy said, "I mean about having a lot of free time and wondering around the castle. You sound almost like the Bloody Baron... and he has some friends or associates still, and he's not the most social of sorts. How about late Saturday afternoon next week you swing by the kitchens and I treat you to a good meal? That'll give me time after quidditch practice to whip something up. And for studying, why not make it simple? Tuesdays and Thursdays during lunch time we meet up. I keep pretty busy, myself, but that is just me. Besides, staying busy is healthy, I feel like..." She frowned and glanced away, biting her lip, "...a lot healthier than just sitting around and dwelling on things..." She glanced at Theo and added, "David does that a lot. I figure that is one of the reasons he's so contrary. I'm surprised he isn't so much this year. Maybe it is good he's so busy meddling in my affairs. I feel like just music club and Leo and studying really wouldn't keep him preoccupied enough, not with over the summer."

She waved a hand and said brightly with a genuine smile, "But that's depressing... besides you hate my brother, right? You probably don't care if he's sulking around the castle giving the Bloody Baron a run for being most gloomy person in the castle. Though you wonder around a lot too... maybe you two have some unspoken rivalry on that? If you ask me Xiānbèi, a girlfriend might do you some good. You obviously have too much time on your hands right now. It's unhealthy. Besides, a man can't be great without a great woman behind them. Yin and Yang balance and all that." She smiled and gave a wink at him, "Of course I'm just being meddlesome, aren't I. Anyways, does Saturday and that study schedule work for you?"

RedEagleEye007

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:36 pm
    Theo Gibbs

Gryffindor Seventh Year

Theo gave her a small smile as she made sure to remind him that it was his fault. It was, he wouldn't sugarcoat and try to defend himself because it really was. He had been a little mean and she reacted, but fortunately, he got to see that she could perform magic, unlike what she previously indicated. "Yeah, yeah, yeah," he said, keeping a smile on his face. He didn't want her to think that he didn't know it was his fault. He did of course recognize the fact at that point.

The girl seemed to like the fact that he called her attractive, to which he nodded with another smile. "Yes, of course I do," he said confidently, looking the girl in the eyes as he said it. "David, threaten me? I'd actually like to see that." His tone indicated his statement was in jest of course. As much as he would like to get on the kid's nerves, Theo knew that if it were to happen, Theo would be the only one getting in trouble because it would end up being his word versus head boy. Who is obviously going to win in that argument? Theo wouldn't even be heard out probably. As the girl had admitted to him that her brother didn't allow her to do patrols with another male. He shook his head at the fact, not knowing what to say about that. It was a little ridiculous truth be told. "That kind of sucks. I get he's trying to protect you from well...males, but I mean, c'mon, you're at least somewhat responsible. You wouldn't be a prefect if not." He ended the statement on that, because it was what he thought after all, but, he also didn't want to be mean to her anymore than he already had been. He nodded along as the girl continued, as she began talking about her attractiveness. What the girl had said was true of course.

As they moved on in the conversation, the girl began to speak again, about how it was depressing that he didn't have much to do. Theo had been practically friendless since Ronna had graduated. Well, except Danica because they were both so close to Ronna. They really hadn't even spoken all too much though during the year, which was something he regretted a bit. He definitely would make up for it if he got the chance.

"Tuesdays and Thursdays sound good. And definitely a yes on the food too," he said to her, glad to hear that he would be getting food. He listened to the rest of what she had to say, contemplating what he would say next. He looked around the room for a few seconds. He then looked back to her and answered all of what she had to say. "You know, sometimes I don't know how I would define what I think of your brother. Some days it could be hate, then other times, it seems like a rivalry." He admitted this to her not because he wanted her to tell anything about it, but she should at least know: right?

"Also, I have thought about the whole girlfriend and maybe you're right. I'd have to wait until I get out of here though, because what girl here seriously would ever consider wanting to be my girlfriend," he said jokingly. As jokingly as he said, he was quite serious. His rep did not help with that situation at all.

mc2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:31 am
User Image
xxxxxxxxx <5th Year>

Cathy crossed her arms and raised a brow shaking her head ever so slightly when he gave her a brush off of 'yeah, yeah, yeah' when she said that it was his fault she attacked him. Really it was rude! It was as if Theo wasn't even listening to her, just brushing it off until the conversation turned to something he found interesting. It was annoying, too. Besides, he should consider himself lucky that Cathy had took a notice in him. She had her pick of people to be around. Unlike Theo she was generally well liked (and even those who had some petty grudge against her-like say Camila who just couldn't own up to the fact that some people were just naturally stunning with a great figure and wasn't constantly trying to suck in some tiny gut of baby fat that still lingered-wouldn't actually outright side against her. The professors generally favored her, her classmates generally sided with her, and it was generally assumed she was less at fault regardless of the situation. Life was just that way for some people). And, Cathy unlike Theo was popular and didn't spend her time sulking in dark corners or whatever the Gryffindor liked to do. At least her brother probably would drag Leo into some dark corner with him once in a while. She almost gagged at the thought though. Seriously the idea of whatever it was her brother did was creepy. At least she could agree with David on the fact that it gave you more peace of mind to NOT think about your sibling dating or whatever.

Cathy smiled though as Theo did agree about finding her attractive and she giggled, "It was never a question for me, Xiānbèi. I'm pretty sure it is only gay guys-and even that's questionable- and weird guys like my cousins's fiance the Lillantine heir with odd tastes in girls who wouldn't find me attractive at least more so than the average person. Granted, I have my doubts he's actually reached puberty or not." She shrugged and chuckled again, "So not my problem though. And, I'm not into moody, spoiled rich, over-entitled brats, so what do I care?"

"Oh, and as for my brother I'd worry more if he didn't threaten you if he actually thought you would have the 'gall' to try and hook up with his little sister," Cathy said, smiling. "I think he figures that you hate him enough that the idea of doing anything with his little sister would creep you out." She cocked her head to the side, and didn't bother to elaborate on why it would worry her more if David didn't threaten Theo. Granted David's poor assessment of Theo, Cathy wouldn't be entirely surprised if he just let Wendy find out and watch the pieces fall after that. The redhead would probably tell their grandparents and well... Grandpa Avery was a bigoted arsehole that probably wouldn't be above murder. Actually, Cathy was pretty sure her brother in all his paranoia and ability to dislike people pretty easily and thus hated their grandfather as much as their father did (if not more), actually thought their grandfather was a murderer or something of the like. Cathy was pretty sure the man was harmless: he had bad views about people and was nasty about certain things that shouldn't matter and didn't in Cathy's book (and the book of anyone who is sane), but their were plenty of people like that who wouldn't actually do anything truly awful.

In response to Theo's assessment of David's over-protection, Cathy settled for a shrug. There wasn't like there was much she could do about it. And, then when the schedule was set, Cathy nodded with a smile before raising a brow in regards to Theo's feelings towards David. "Doesn't a rivalry have to have both people consider each other worthy of being a rival?" Cathy added tilting her head, her voice hinting at good nature curiosity as she tucked a stray strand of blonde hair behind an ear. "My brother... well, he considers you lazy, so that means that he would never consider you a rival. To be fair, when it comes to academics and stuff pretty much anyone is lazy compared to my brother and how much he studies, but still..." She smiled and shrugged before Theo answered her mostly-teasing remark about a girlfriend.

"Xiānbèi, there is way more to life than dating. If you ask me good friends are worth a thousand girlfriends or boyfriends. Of course that might just be the Hufflepuff in me," Cathy said. "As for girls liking you, you might be surprised. Girls are weird. Look at David he ended up being in the middle of some giant cat-fight at the Yule Ball a couple years ago, and I wouldn't exactly consider him a Casanova. Probably didn't help he totally made out with one of them while dating another. Or she made out with him. Either way, the idiot didn't tell Leo. I so would of dumped his arse like ages ago if it was me."

She sighed and then perked up again and added with her typical large smile, "But, no, the point is some girls are idiots with bad taste in guys. What do they say... there is someone out there for everyone, and if you can't find someone all you have to do is lower your standards?"

RedEagleEye007

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:16 pm
    Theo Gibbs

Gryffindor Seventh Year

Theo watched as the girl shook his head at him. He hadn't expected her to take what he said in any offense whatsoever, but she sure seemed like she was, judging by the way she was shaking her head. Looking at her for a second, he put his hand to his forehead, shaking his head as well. "It was a joke. Yes, I know it was my fault," he said, forcing back a chuckle so she didn't start flipping out or something. She didn't seem mad, but judging by how she went off on him earlier before that...well, he was sure she had a quick trigger with him. Well...he wasn't sure, but he wasn't going to find out either.

The conversation after that took a weird turn as she started talking about who didn't find her attractive. Theo knew the girl was confident in her looks, but she was verging on exuding confidence, if she wasn't already there. He didn't say anything, nor did he let his facial expression deviate from a small smile. As she finished, he chuckled to himself and then said, "Humor me, what are you into then?" He was just curious and hopefully the girl didn't find some reason to be mad at him for his curiosities.

He listened to the girl go on about her brother for a little bit, speculating a bit on what her brother would do and what he expected. He shrugged his shoulders and looked around for a moment. "Well...you'd think he'd expect me to have the gall by this point. I am known for being rather bold in my actions," he said with a lighthearted tone to it. Theo just about had the audacity to do quite a lot of things. Whether it extended as far as the aforementioned situation, he had no idea, but one thing he did have was audacity. And he was just about sure everyone knew that about him by that point. "And your brother has made it very...very clear what he thinks of me. I know he thinks I'm lazy. He also thinks I'm an idiot as well. Those two were the main things I've heard from him. So maybe he doesn't consider me a rival at all. The nature of the relationship is really up for speculation, because I wouldn't call him an enemy either." To be completely honest, he wasn't even sure what to call it. He never would and once he was done at Hogwarts; well, neither of them would ever have to see the other again.

The girl then went into a whole life lesson about friendship and girls, but that wasn't the surprising part. The surprising part was that he learned that apparently, League had some sort of secret game. Looking at Cathy, a surprised look on his face, he said, "Wow, didn't know about that one. I actually didn't know about that," he admitted, shrugging his shoulders. It wasn't like he would use it as ammunition either. He just was generally surprised at the fact that the kid pulled that off and still was with Leo. Leo used to be a friend of Theo's, their friendship having a bit of a falling out since she had gotten together with David. He knew he wasn't invited to the wedding at least, not that he cared about that.

Theo looked at her, a brow raised. "Ah...so you're saying a girl has to be an idiot with bad taste to consider me," he said jokingly. He wasn't sure if the girl was implying that or not however.

mc2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:32 pm
User Image
xxxxxxxxx <5th Year>

Cathy raised a brow as Theo appeared to attempt to back-track as he assured her he had meant no offense by his 'yeah, yeah, yeah' and assured her he knew it was a fault. Cathy kept her brow raised critically and half a bit skeptically at him for a full five seconds before shrugging, apparently indifferent and just waved a hand and the whole matter, "Just as long as we are on the same page, Xiānbèi. After all I'd hate for you to be wrong." She smiled folding her arms behind her back and noted he seemed to be paying more attention to her once she started mentioning her looks and who did or didn't find it attractive. What seemed to catch his real attention was when she mentioned who she wasn't attracted to. She looked at Theo a hair perplexed at why he cared, beyond the sake of personal vanity sake. It was nice to be liked by people after all. Only natural.

Deciding to answer after biting her lip and considering her words, she said, "Nice guys. Good guys. I like that type. But also the type that would give my brother a migraine for a week. I mean he deserves the stress every once and a while." She shrugged, as she went on, raising a finger and offering, "A smart guy who can properly appreciate what he had. And well, if he was dating me, I don't think there's much more 'dating up' you can do, so he better appreciate all that makes me so great," She ended winking at Theo with a grin as she twirled a strand of blonde hair on a finger her head tilted ever so slightly, obviously partially joking ending her more serious answer on a lighter note. Of course she did expect any guy she decided to date to worship her in their own right and put her on the pedestal she deserved as someone's girlfriend or crush. Still smiling she added, "But really, in all truthfulness I'm a sucker for the level-headed nice-guy types. Nice guys are adorable. Why?"

She paused for an answer to her 'why' as the conversation turned back to her brother and Theo said he was known to be bold and then his relationship with David. "Acquaintances?" Cathy offered, "I know neither of you can deny that relationship between you two. And don't forget in addition to being lazy and an idiot according to my brother he also said you didn't 'even have the good grace to be better looking'. I think he was joking about that... sort of... meh he is sort of right about little things being tweaked that wouldn't hurt your looks," Cathy said stepping close to Theo pushing herself up on her tiptoes to better look up at him before bouncing back on the flats of her feet and taking a step back. She smiled her innocent smile as the conversation went on and Theo marveled about the fight at the Yule Ball that David was in. She remarked dryly, "You probably missed the cat fight due to being too busy getting caught for underage drinking."

Then she chuckled as he tried to figure out her meaning about some girls being stupid or having bad taste and Cathy said, "I'm sure a girl being a moron and with bad taste could only work to help your odds with the girl, Xiānbèi."

RedEagleEye007

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:21 pm
We can fight our desires...
But when we start making fires;
We get ever so hot,
Whether we like it or not!
They say we can love who we trust,
But what is love without lust?
Two hearts with accurate devotion...
What are feelings without emotions?

User Image
M O R V E N
G R A I N N E
V A S S

SLYTHERINSEVENTH YEARBLOOD TRAITOR

Morven was done with her exams; she knew she ought to be relieved about it, but she wasn't, she was busy worrying like an idiot, because she wasn't naturally clever like Elsie or even Seymour (and he was clever even if he liked to play the moron, he just rarely put his brain to its proper use). She had to work to get good marks, and she'd worked harder for the past few years of school than she ever had before. If her grades weren't up to snuff she wouldn't get a good job. If she couldn't get a secure Ministry job nowhere else would hire her. Her family still had money; not quite as much as she had thought they'd had as a little girl, but they were still well off, even if they lived far more modestly now. Newlyn wouldn't have been able to buy her shop without her inheritance. But Morven didn't want to just live off the family fortune. Sure, she was spoiled, but she also wanted to prove to herself that she was capable. Not some coddled rich ditz who'd never lifted a finger in her life.

But, she admitted carefully to herself as she stalked up a moving flight of stairs, not even bothering to wait for it to reach its landing; that was not all she was worrying about. There was also the matter of her and Seymour. Or, well, their... relationship. Morven had this year at least reached the point at which she could admit without being placed under duress that she considered Seymour her boyfriend, not some short lived fling, and that she thought of them together as... a couple. It tasted sour in her mouth, but that was what they were. She had never... this had not been the plan. Alright, there had never been much of a plan. She wasn't that calculating. Seymour had been a funny little boy and then an annoyance and then a target for all her frustrations, whether they were because of him or not, and then suddenly he knew what she was and he wasn't afraid and he didn't hate her and snogging him had just seemed like a sort of natural progression. He had not asked her to be his anything and she had not asked anything similar of him. They had admitted they found the other attractive and that had been that.

The problem was that wasn't enough anymore. Morven couldn't pretend they were just fooling around, keeping things light and casual, not when he handmade her jewelry and she thought of things to tell him that she kept in the back of her mind like secrets all day until she saw him. Maybe if she hadn't been graduating they could have kept up the charade that they were nothing like other couples they knew, that they just found each other hot and amusing and that was mostly it, but she was graduating. And if it had been some convenient little temporary thing she would have had no issue breaking it off with him a month or so ago. But it hadn't been that in a long time and she was a coward, and she suspected he didn't want to bring it up in case it gave her any ideas. This was reality. Next year she would be gone, and it wasn't fair to her and it sure as hell wasn't fair to him to act like it wasn't going to be a big deal. So they needed to talk. Morven did not have high hopes for the conversation. They generally didn't talk, at least not about their feelings. Who even did that?

Maybe they should have started to make a habit of it, because she was completely unprepared and had no idea what she wanted to say. 'If you want to break up we should break up?' 'Do you want this to go on any longer or not?' 'I think we need to discuss what's going to happen next year?' She snorted at the last one, walking down the hall. As if that would go over well. But finding him was the first step, and that was what she forced herself to focus on. She had some idea of where he might be, after all. 'I need to find Seymour, I need to find Seymour,' she chanted in her head, and suddenly there was a room and she was in it. Morven wasn't sure she had ever been in the Room of Requirement before. Would she even have known? She glanced around. It was dark, and that made sense, because Seymour was the type to require a dark room for his photography. 'I want lights', she thought, and the darkness faded, and she walked forward. "Seymour?" she called, ignoring the slightly odd tone of her voice. "Where are you? We- I need to talk to you." Her voice seemed to shrink a bit at the end and she bit the inside of her cheek, cheeks faintly pink for a moment. Great. Great way to start this catastrophe off.

OOC:
mc2

I'm going in for the kill...
I'm doing it for a thrill...
Oh, I'm hoping you'll understand,
And not let go of my hand.
I had my hopes out on the line;
Well, they'll be ready for you in time.
If you leave them out too long,
They'll be withered by the sun.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:10 am
User ImagexSeymour Benjamin Ryansxxxxx
xxxx<6th Year><Single: Morven's b***h. Deal with it.>
My watch broke last week <2032>
And I don't need directions to know I'm < in my Dark Room (Room of Requirement) >
And an FYI, looking this Awesome is an art!
                                            Seymour Benjamin Ryans liked to pretend if you ignored an issue long enough it eventually went away. He was exactly like the patients that his Dad complained about who end up making things worse when they put off getting something minor like a cut looked at right away, but Benjamin did not care. Despite his nonchalant attitude about most things, Benjamin did care about quite a bit. One of the things was he cared that he had a horrid feeling that his girlfriend, Morven, was going to dump him sometime in the next six months.

It wasn't as if he had done anything bad (or worse than he ever did) and if anything he was on better behavior than usual. He wasn't selling pictures of Barbie-or not as many as he usually did-as one he thought it was disrespectful considering she did just lose her Dad and that apparently hit her pretty hard and the fact that her popularity with the guys sort of dropped since she started dating this redhead kid who was one of the professor's son. Apparently the girl had a thing for nerds and had told off the last few guys who hit on her. Maybe Barbie was developing a brain. Benjamin was also selling less questionable pictures of the girls (which Morven and Timothy and Mira would remind him was bordering illegal if not illegal)-though he argued it wasn't like he took pictures of the girls changing or anything but more of them just hanging out. He was sticking only to embarrassing pictures like girls picking their noses or someone scratching their bum and only if they deserved to be embarrassed. And Benjamin had made an effort to remember even minor holidays like Valentines to go out and handcraft gifts using his talents as an artist and more of his money from chores and working in the shop for his mum for supplies then he'd ever actually admit (like the moonstone he bought for her Valentine's gift).

Logically, Benjamin knew gifts and not being as "creepy" wasn't going to change the fact that Morven was graduating and was going to dump him because what girl wanted to date some kid still in school when they were an adult and working, but he thought that it would put off the inevitable. It felt like the inevitable. Even if Morven by some miracle decided to continue to date him into next year, Benjamin didn't know what he was going to do. Probably study a lot more to be honest and lock himself in his dark room (or the room of requirement that he called his dark room because that was all he used the room for) for hours on end. Pretend he wasn't crying like a little boy who got his candy stolen. Something like that.

Benjamin wasn't even sure that he was in love with Morven. It had started as an obsession of sorts and she was still an obsession, but he didn't know if that was considered "love". He didn't see himself as cheesy as his Dad to stare gooey eyed at his Mum for hours on end and could write a novel of complements and praises towards her in only a day. Except he sort of was. But he was barely seventeen years old. Benjamin reasoned that seventeen was far to love to have any idea what love was. He was sure he didn't love Morven, but he didn't know how he was going to function a year without her at Hogwarts. She had been a constant for so long. Even before they started dating or even before they started snogging after he confessed to knowing her big secret about her monthlys (the other monthly, not the one all girls had) or even before he started following her around to win her attention (or stalking as Timmy called it, either way it worked). Morven with her red hair and snark was always there. With her puffed up cheeks when she got mad, which she still did every now and again.

Benjamin didn't plan to move in with her or start naming their first born child or anything crazy after Hogwarts, but he did know that Morven was special. He'd seen plenty of girls. Some were hot even. But none could ever compare to Morven. She was special. She was unique. And Benjamin knew that she was going to dump him soon because she was going to graduate and then she was going to find someone infinitely more mature than he was and ever would be and no doubt they would be better looking too, and she would never even glance back for a second at him. There was the fact that she was a werewolf that might affect her dating prospects some, but Benjamin knew (and hoped for the sake of society) there were plenty of way better guys then him that wouldn't see it as a big deal or may even find the fact that their girlfriend was a literal beast kind of hot.

Since Morven was busy with her exams and people like Timmy and Mira were excited about the prospect of the summer, Benjamin had sought out solitude. He found himself in his dark room, also known as the room of requirement, and was at work developing some lovely pictures of an awful fourth year Slytherin girl Benjamin had found out had called some Hufflepuff girl a 'filthy mudblood, blood traitor who at least was ugly and stupid enough she'd never be able to steal the attention of any proper pureblood boy'. Hufflepuffs were sort of stupid, but calling a girl ugly (even if it was true, and in this case it wasn't, the girl was plain but not ugly by far), was just awful. And the insult didn't make any sense anyways as you couldn't be a muggleborn and a blood traitor. And no one decent called anyone a mudblood. These 'lovely' pictures were a collection of embarrassing shots of the fourth year from the time she had toilet paper stuck to her shoe, to the time she fell asleep in the library and had drool all down the desk, to her tripping on the trick stair on the staircases, to even one of her adjusting the stuffing in her bra through her sweater. Working on his project of revenge as if the end of the year was not coming and the inevitable break up would happen was calming for Benjamin. The chemicals and potions required to turn them into moving captures of humiliation was welcoming and comforting. The dark was his solitude and refuge and the smell of the chemicals and potions was as welcoming as the perfume of a lover.

He was dipping out a shot of the girl who had just rolled out of bed by the looks of it with messy hair and no make-up, when the dark faded and Benjamin swore in a mix of Guarani and Spanish before his eyes adjusted to the sudden brightness and he processed the voice calling his name. His first name. His name that really only one person ever called him. Or three. His mum and dad called him Seymour, too. "I... I'm over here," He said, hanging the picture up to dry even though it was likely ruined at this point, and then slipping off the gloves. He bit his lip and looked to Morven, instantly worried. This was it. Why did she have to go to one of his sanctuaries and break up with him there? At least it wasn't in the middle of the Great Hall or the Common Room or something. At least here he could save face if he said something stupid or did something stupid. Like profess undying love or curling up in the fetal position and crying. Kidding. He didn't think he was that attached to Morven. He hoped not, that would be kind of embarrassing if he was, except he sort of was. He swallowed and tried to find his voice to say something, anything, but couldn't find any words to say after identifying his location and turning to see Morven.

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:18 am
We get ever so hot,

User Image
M O R V E N
G R A I N N E
V A S S

Morven heard him swearing before she saw him, and smiled in spite of herself for a moment, because it was such a normal thing to hear. She'd been listening to Seymour curse in different languages for a while now. He'd never been one to censor himself in front of her because she was a girl, or because he was dating her, and she was glad. She was probably more foul mouthed than him, at any rate, and any bloke trying to shield her delicate sensibilities or some bullshite like that would quickly learn to regret it. But when he actually spoke his voice was far more hesitant and subdued than normal. That made her stomach turn over in guilt, even though she hadn't done anything, she argued, to feel guilty over. Maybe it just the reek of chemicals in the air, which were probably not so overpowering for regular people but with her enhanced sense of smell, had they been any stronger she thought she probably would have passed out.

Oh Gods, he was biting his lip. Morven heaved a small sigh and had to look away for a moment to regain her composure. F**k, what was she going to do if he started crying? He didn't say anything after that, not even to make a witty comment, and the silence dragged on while she argued with herself over the best way to go about this. Clean and quick was better, right? She wasn't going to drag it out. There was no sense in making it more painful for both of them. Even if she didn't end it, what were they going to do next year? Write to each other? Meet up on weekends? He was a seventeen year old boy, was he really going to be satisfied with seeing his girlfriend once a week after constantly being around for years? She was just trying to be realistic here. There were other girls. They weren't in love, they hadn't made any ridiculous promises of undying fidelity forever and ever, and if she didn't break it off and he cheated next year, in reality how much could she blame him?

What if she cheated next year? She didn't- it wasn't like she never looked, just because she had a boyfriend. Morven didn't hold him to anything like that, and he didn't hold her. They only snogged each other, and if the other flirted, they got jealous but nothing really came of it. Their spats tended to be over far more ridiculous things. But next year she wouldn't be in Hogwarts, in some little sanctuary where the only boy she had any real interest in she was with, she'd be an adult. Working. In the real world. And if she got drunk and snogged another bloke or worse, what were they going to do then? Would she even be able to bring herself to tell him? She still hadn't said anything, she realized, and she rubbed at her eye for a moment with the back of her hand. The chemicals were making her eye water. "Sorry," she muttered, and nodded at his picture. "I ruined your shot." The scar on her forearm was itching again. It only did that when she was upset. She clamped her hand around the bracelet he'd made her that was on her wrist instead of picking at it.

Morven forced herself to look up at him again. "Look," her voice was flat, because she didn't know how else to do this. "We both know I'll be gone next year, so we might as well stop pretending it's not going to happen. And we can't just- not do anything. So...," she stared at her wrist again. "What I'm trying to say is that we need to decide what we want to do. And I'm not going to be- f**k, you're seventeen, okay? You have a whole year left. I'm not... I'm not going to stop you from living it up, alright?" Now her voice was completely hollow. "If we're being honest, you know and I know you could do a hell of a lot better than someone who turns into a f**king dog once a month." She raised her eyes up to look at him again. "I get it. I'm your first girlfriend. But there's going to be other ones, and you're going to realize exactly how much shite I've put you through." Her voice cracked then, and she stopped herself, frozen in mortified silence, cheeks red. Just ask for the damn bracelet back, she silently begged him. Just do it and it can be done and I can go and not at all cry in the girls dorm. It was better this way, she told herself fiercely. Better for her to just decide it. She was... she was putting someone else ahead of herself. He'd thank her later.

OOC:
mc2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:44 pm
And I don't need directions to know I'm < in my Dark Room (Room of Requirement) >
                                            Benjamin stood there as the silence built around the two of them. He couldn't say a word and Morven didn't say anything more for the longest time before finally apologizing for ruining his picture. He shrugged and muttered scuffing the toe of his shoe on the floor, "Doesn't matter... the subject was ugly anyways... I've got others." He looked up for a moment, his eyes traveling to her wrist where she clamped her hand around the bracelet he had made for her when he confessed to knowing what she was. When she finally looked up at him, he swallowed the lump in his throat as she began speaking her tone flat.

His gaze lowered as she began to talk and he crossed his arms, a scowl growing on his face. She was breaking up with him but she was saying that he could do better than her? Was she mental? Besides, Benjamin figured only a right d**k would care at all about her turning into a wolf once a month. And then she was going to claim she was doing this for his sake. For his own good. What a load of mierda. "I don't want to," Benjamin muttered biting back the stinging in his eyes as he looked down at his foot that he was scuffing the toe of his shoe on the floor again. Clenching his fist, he looked up his tone stern as he said, "No mientas... please. Gatita, don't: don't lie, alright? What's next, are you going to say 'it's not you, it's me'. What if I like the shite you put me through, huh? What if I want to keep pretending you aren't going to graduate and that things can go on like normal for as long as possible? And what girl is even remotely close to anything like you here at Hogwarts? Who the f**k am I supposed to be 'living it up' with, Morven?"

His clenched fists tightened and he said, "Why don't you just say what you're thinking? I mean I knew it was coming... I... I just... couldn't you have waited till the end of the summer yet? Let me guess though 'I'm about to graduate, and I don't want some lame kid tying me down, but I'm going to be nice and let him down easy'." He took a deep breath, blinking as he felt the sting of tears forming in his eyes. Great he was crying. He was an insecure mess and he was crying. Maybe he could lie and say it was the chemicals. It was obviously bothering Morven, though she had better senses then him and he was more used to it.

{OoC: fixed formatting.}
                                            The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:44 pm
We get ever so hot,

User Image
M O R V E N
G R A I N N E
V A S S

Morven watched him cross his arms and start to scowl. She'd upset him. Good. Better than him bursting into tears. If he was angry things would go a lot quicker; she didn't mind if he screamed at her or threw something. Whatever got him to help her settle this. He muttered that he didn't want to and was staring at his feet like a sullen child who'd just been reprimanded. 'I don't care what you want,' she almost instinctively snapped back, but that would be a lie. She cared too much what he wanted. She didn't know when she had started to, but now she couldn't seem to stop. Then he clenched his fist and looked up and wondered in the back of her head if he was about to lash out at her, but he called her his pet name and she recoiled, taking a step back entirely, shaking her head.

"No," she said fiercely. "No. Shut up. You don't know anything. I'm a liar? You lie all the time, you hypocrite. You're lying to yourself, idiot," she choked out, swiping at her eyes again with the back of her hand. "You can't, okay- we can't keep doing this. I won't do this. I won't play guessing games with you for the next few months just so we can decide to throw the towel in not even halfway into your seventh year." She laughed abruptly when he asked what girl was even remotely like her, but it sounded more like a sob. "I am not the kind of girl you're with for the long run, Benjamin. Do you honestly think- you'd get sick of the 'my girlfriend is a monster, it's so hot' thing eventually," she mocked, because if she didn't she'd scream. "I am a phase. I am a f**king phase and you know it."

No one was going to want to be with her in the 'let's settle down behind a white picket fence' sort of way. Morven didn't even want that, but that didn't change what she was. She wasn't the girl you took home to mum and dad; she couldn't even properly have kids, and that was just the tip of the iceberg. She stared at him in disbelief when he told her to just say what she was apparently thinking. And now he was crying. She wanted to step closer to him, but stayed where she was, looking at him. "It's not always about you, you incredible git," she hissed. "You're not a kid. You're almost an adult yourself. Do you think I'd let some lame kid have been snogging me since bloody fifth year, calling me shite like 'kitten', letting you play with my goddamn hair- I hate myself," she snapped, "You know, sometimes I really do, but I don't hate myself that much." Stop crying, she raged at him in her head. Stop it.

OOC:
mc2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:55 am
                                            Benjamin flinched when she told him to shut up. He stared at her in a mix of horror, anger, and desperation as she went on. He said nothing as Morven swiped at her eyes, causing Benjamin to want nothing more than to step forward and pull her to him, but at the same time a small part of him wanted to say it was her own fault for getting upset. It wasn't like he was the one trying to break up with her. He finally spoke. "If you are a phase, you're a phase I'm not even close to being done with." He was confident of that much. Did he plan to buy a ring and wear a tux and see Morven walk down the aisle in white? Not really, but he wasn't Timmy. He didn't plan that far ahead. All he knew was he wanted to still be with Morven for longer than ending it now. Probably even longer than next year. After that... who knew, but he didn't want to end this now though.

He took a long breath and took a seat in one of the chairs in the room. Running his fingers through his hair he said, "I don't give a f**k about the long run... you know that... I... but I want us... you longer." He looked up at her, much like an abandoned puppy, as she continued. He almost spoke up when she said she hated herself, almost told her she shouldn't, but it was hypocrisy for him to say that. He didn't always like himself that much either. It was easy to hate yourself. He understood that and now wasn't the time, when he was so busy begging Morven to reconsider things.

He sat there in silence for a moment before standing up again and looking down at Morven and saying, "I... I don't know if I love you. I really don't, but I know you make me crazy. Hell, I'd let you f**king bite me if it would make you feel any better about what you were and hate yourself any less. I have a necklace and two bracelets up in my room that I've been working on for you for the next holidays. One I've been working on for three months! It's f**king insane! Do you honestly think when I feel like this I'm going to just want to throw the towel in halfway through next year? I especially don't want to now."

"If..." He paused, his voice cracking as he rubbed furiously at his eyes for a moment to try to keep the tears from flowing any more before going on, "If you want to break up because you don't like me anymore or you want to move on, fine. But don't say you are breaking up with me for my good. And, don't lie to me about why you're breaking up. Don't I deserve that much, Gatita?"

{OoC: fixed formatting.}
                                            The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:33 am
We get ever so hot,

User Image
M O R V E N
G R A I N N E
V A S S

Morven was speechless when he answered her declaration of being just a phase. He wasn't lying. She would have seen it on his face if he'd been lying. Why wasn't he lying?! Did he- No, this was so stupid. It was easy to say things and think they were true in the heat of the moment. Someone said they loved you, you said you loved them too, even if you really didn't, because that was the only good response. It was like that. It had to be like that. He inhaled and exhaled slowly and sat down in a nearby chair, and she knew, with an awful twist of her stomach, that she was winning this. He was going to let her win if she kept pushing, and she couldn't stop pushing. If she crossed every line they had ever sketched out in their relationship, he'd give in. She knew he would.

But when he was looking at her like that it was hard to keep going. I want you too, she almost said. More than I should. But she couldn't, so she kept her mouth shut. They drifted back into silence and she tried to force her fingers to cooperate, to give him the bloody bracelet and leave now while she had the upper hand. But her fingers wouldn't work right and she just stood there until it was too late and he stood up again. When he mentioned her biting him she looked as if he'd slapped her. "Don't say that," she said frantically. "Don't you ever say that. You're out of your f**king mind if you think that would ever make me feel better. I would kill myself before I ever-," she cut off in a sob. But then he had finished his little speech and he was calling her kitten again and she almost went to him.

She couldn't stop crying, she realized in a panic. She really couldn't stop. Her shoulders were heaving and she was crying and she couldn't make it stop. She had to dig her nails into her arm twice and drag at the skin, leaving scratches, before she could get the tears to slow down. "I don't know what this is," she whispered. "I can't stop- oh my gods, I can't stop. There's something wrong with me. You messed up my head somehow, because I should have left two minutes ago and I'm still here, Seymour. I'm still f**king here, and I don't know why. I make you crazy? You're always in my head! I can't get you out! And that is not- just stop! Stop wanting me, stop telling me shite that makes me want to snog you when I'm supposed to be breaking up with you, just stop!" Her voice had almost risen to a fracturing shriek, and she was breathing harshly, now her hands in fists shaking at her sides.

"Because I don't want to," Morven said in a small voice. "Gods, I need to, but I don't want to. I don't want to not like you anymore and I don't want to move on even though every reasonable voice in my head says I should. If I could stop time and make it be like this forever, I would, okay? And that is insane. So you need to tell me to go right now, or I'm not. I'm not and it won't be my fault that we kept being lunatics, it'll be yours." She looked at him and realized all of her was trembling, and she wanted to sit or fall down but couldn't. She was rooted to the floor and this had not gone at all the way she had planned, and it was all his fault. If he was a normal bloke he'd have washed his hands of this entire mess already, but he wasn't normal, and neither was she, and that seemed to be the glue that kept them together when all sense dictated they should have gone their separate ways a long time ago.

OOC:
mc2

Hallways and the Grand Staircase

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]