Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Prayer requests
Divorce

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:09 am
I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

I would greatly appreciate anyone and everyone's prayers for me and my soon to be ex-husband.

He is choosing to go through a divorce instead of continuing to work on our marriage... I am very hurt by this and I know that the daughter we have together is even more hurt than I am and all she knows is that her daddy isn't around anymore.

please pray for him that he will choose to place God above all else in his life and that he would learn to open the bible and read it. He is a Christian and he is saved though.

please pray for restoration in our marriage if the above mentioned takes place.

But most of all, please please please pray for our daughter Riley. She's only 4 years old and this is awful on her. all she knows is that her daddy had to go away and her daddy told her that we would be a family again when he did leave but over the course of a couple days he decided he wasn't ever coming back. crying

...Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:08 am
Good luck. I'll pray for you.  

rosadria

Anonymous Mosh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:18 pm
Know that you have my prayers. And, hard as it is, it's in God's hands. I know that the children are hurt more than anyone in these matters, and I pray that no matter what the outcome, she can still have a healthy relationship with Christ and the both of you.
God bless you all.

Anon. Mosh  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:48 pm
I pray that God will meet both of your needs and that he will give the both of you strength to endure through this hard time.
Let God`s will be done in your life, amen. heart

I am sorry you are going through this, my heart and my prayers still go out to your family.

d i m i r h e x

7,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

jesusgirl115

Dangerous Friend

8,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:19 pm
I will be praying for you. I will be praying that the Lord will work in your ex-husbands heart and bring comfort to Riley, that he will show you what you can say to explain what is going on with her daddy and how to comfort her.

Please keep me updated and if there is anything else I can do please let me know.

I am always open to PM's if you need to blow some steam or need a shoulder to cry on...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:08 am
I'll be praying smile  

starry night-163

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:23 am
I'm so sorry to hear that! D : I saw your FB status and was very worried. I do very much hope and pray that everything turns out well. I also hope that this doesn't hurt Riley's relationship with the Lord, but that she continues to grow stronger in him. I don't know you personally but the things that you have posted and such just tell me that you are a very good mother and she is very lucky to have you. <3 Stay strong. heart  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:33 am
I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

Thank you everyone for your prayers.

My husband and I have been able to have a couple of conversations since he left about how things are going. Nothing deep though because he is still holding onto so much anger. He isn't in a good place where he is living though and that I think clouds his judgement and helps keep him in his anger and bitterness.

My daughter is doing very well. She doesn't really cry about it anymore and she seems happy most all the time. Lately she's been a bit more clingy to me though and that's okay. She doesn't freak out when I have places to go and she has to stay with my parents.

Please continue to pray for all of us as we travel down this road. I still have the utmost faith in God about my relationship with my husband. What ever may come I know it will be in God's timing and as long as I am obedient to His will I will be a better person and a stronger Christian.

...Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

Anonymous Mosh

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:14 am
More prayers. Each one of you. It's in God's hands now, which is the best place for it.

Anon. Mosh  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:03 pm
Update

I mailed the custody and divorce papers to the sheriff in his county yesterday and so within a couple weeks he will be served. The court date for custody is March 6th.

He's still seeing the same woman he began seeing shortly after he left me and I wouldn't put it past him to bring her to that court date.

Please continue to pray for him, our daughter, and myself. This isn't an easy road but with all these prayers being sent up to God it makes the burden much lighter.

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:18 pm
God is my strength... "Psalms 28:7"

UPDATE

Court did not go as planned at all. I was tripped up in my words while speaking with the judge and it all went down hill from there. He was awarded joint custody with every other weekend having our daughter. I was/still am fighting for sole legal custody of her though. The judge awarded him a 2 day visit with her to start just hours after court let out without even asking if there was a bed for her to sleep in. Which of course there wasn't and the sleeping arrangement for those 2 nights was very inappropriate. My husband's girlfriend was not at the court though she was in town during it. And she was hidden from me while he picked up our daughter.

I met the girlfriend on the 8th of March when they brought Riley home. Because she and my husband have been living together since February. It wasn't too bad to meet her but we got into a small argument over things I refuse to waiver on when it comes to my child and that was the end of that. He was suppose to get Riley again on the 15th but we signed something agreeing to switch that to the 22nd but on the 17th he called to say that he wouldn't be getting Riley until sometime in April now. Also it will not be picking her up every 2 weeks as he was awarded but the plan will be for one weekend a month. As things are going now I do not see the monthly visits to even come true.

My daughter was completely confused and upset on her return home from the visit in the beginning of this month. She doesn't understand why she can't have her mommy with her while with her dad and why her dad can't be with her while she's at home. In the beginning of April she is going to see a doctor to start the process of getting her a therapist for all of this and to help her through it all. 2 songs have come out in recent months that I have written down and stored away for my daughter when she is older because they fit very well with things at those songs are Casting Crowns - just another birthday and Britt Nicole - all this time.

I have been struggling with forgiveness toward my husband though. I am angry at him and I think I was hiding it before but now that anger is bubbling to the surface and I don't know quite what to do with it. I'm angry at him for leaving not only me but our daughter, I'm angry that he got into a relationship so quickly, I'm angry that he lives with this girl and talks of her becoming his wife, I'm angry at his lack of concern for the things going on in our daughter's life. I don't want to hold onto those resentments but I don't know if I'm ready to forgive.

...God is my joy "Psalms 96:11-13"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:22 am
faithful quenga

UPDATE

Court did not go as planned at all. I was tripped up in my words while speaking with the judge and it all went down hill from there. He was awarded joint custody with every other weekend having our daughter. I was/still am fighting for sole legal custody of her though. The judge awarded him a 2 day visit with her to start just hours after court let out without even asking if there was a bed for her to sleep in. Which of course there wasn't and the sleeping arrangement for those 2 nights was very inappropriate. My husband's girlfriend was not at the court though she was in town during it. And she was hidden from me while he picked up our daughter.

I met the girlfriend on the 8th of March when they brought Riley home. Because she and my husband have been living together since February. It wasn't too bad to meet her but we got into a small argument over things I refuse to waiver on when it comes to my child and that was the end of that. He was suppose to get Riley again on the 15th but we signed something agreeing to switch that to the 22nd but on the 17th he called to say that he wouldn't be getting Riley until sometime in April now. Also it will not be picking her up every 2 weeks as he was awarded but the plan will be for one weekend a month. As things are going now I do not see the monthly visits to even come true.

My daughter was completely confused and upset on her return home from the visit in the beginning of this month. She doesn't understand why she can't have her mommy with her while with her dad and why her dad can't be with her while she's at home. In the beginning of April she is going to see a doctor to start the process of getting her a therapist for all of this and to help her through it all. 2 songs have come out in recent months that I have written down and stored away for my daughter when she is older because they fit very well with things at those songs are Casting Crowns - just another birthday and Britt Nicole - all this time.

I have been struggling with forgiveness toward my husband though. I am angry at him and I think I was hiding it before but now that anger is bubbling to the surface and I don't know quite what to do with it. I'm angry at him for leaving not only me but our daughter, I'm angry that he got into a relationship so quickly, I'm angry that he lives with this girl and talks of her becoming his wife, I'm angry at his lack of concern for the things going on in our daughter's life. I don't want to hold onto those resentments but I don't know if I'm ready to forgive.

If the therapist prescribes her any pills don't give them to her, they're drugs are no good, I don't even think it'd be a good Idea for her to see a therapist though. You should pray about it to see if it is Yahuah's will. And as for your husband he doesn't sound saved to me you should tell him to examin himself. Plus divorce is not an option unless one of you has sex with someone else or one of you dies. He should love you whether you deserve it or not, that is a command for both of you to love eachother.

Matthew 5:31-32
31It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:

32But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2 Corinthians 13:5&version=KJV

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians+5&version=KJV

You should show him these video's. You should watch them too, they're pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUKRA6XcsDs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky8dTyPpiAo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUSaZzvIPMo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih6XK0UQ330

(The name for the Father, is Yahuah, the name for the son, our Saviour and Mashiach, is Yahusha, and the name for the Holy Spirit, is Ruach ha'Qodesh. The ch in Ruach and Mashiach makes like a k sound, so Ruach would sound like Ruak ha'Qodesh and Mashiach like Mashiak and Mashiach means Messiah)

(Elohim is a Hebrew word meaning "god(s)," )  

starry night-163

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:47 pm
starry night-163

If the therapist prescribes her any pills don't give them to her, they're drugs are no good, I don't even think it'd be a good Idea for her to see a therapist though. You should pray about it to see if it is Yahuah's will. And as for your husband he doesn't sound saved to me you should tell him to examin himself. Plus divorce is not an option unless one of you has sex with someone else or one of you dies. He should love you whether you deserve it or not, that is a command for both of you to love eachother.

31It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:

32But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

You should show him these video's. You should watch them too, they're pretty good.

(The name for the Father, is Yahuah, the name for the son, our Saviour and Mashiach, is Yahusha, and the name for the Holy Spirit, is Ruach ha'Qodesh. The ch in Ruach and Mashiach makes like a k sound, so Ruach would sound like Ruak ha'Qodesh and Mashiach like Mashiak and Mashiach means Messiah)

I would never give her any type of anti depressants, she is 4 (almost 5) years old that's crazy. I've been down the road of therapists trying to stuff drugs on me and I refused. I will do the same for my child. I believe therapists to be very helpful especially if they can draw out a child's thoughts and help me as a parent to guide my child during this difficult time.

He is saved, he isn't acting it at all in my opinion, but he was saved many years ago. And as I know from my own experiences, saved doesn't mean perfect and we all stumble. Some farther than others though. I have no real open communication with him. that was cut off by him at the beginning of this year when he started seeing his girlfriend. Now they are living together and that makes things much harder. He has a hardened heart to me, anything I tell him, apart from what is going on in our daughter's life, goes in one ear and out the other. He is in an intimate relationship with that other woman and he very much wants to divorce me and marry her.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:03 pm
faithful quenga
starry night-163

I would never give her any type of anti depressants, she is 4 (almost 5) years old that's crazy. I've been down the road of therapists trying to stuff drugs on me and I refused. I will do the same for my child. I believe therapists to be very helpful especially if they can draw out a child's thoughts and help me as a parent to guide my child during this difficult time.

He is saved, he isn't acting it at all in my opinion, but he was saved many years ago. And as I know from my own experiences, saved doesn't mean perfect and we all stumble. Some farther than others though. I have no real open communication with him. that was cut off by him at the beginning of this year when he started seeing his girlfriend. Now they are living together and that makes things much harder. He has a hardened heart to me, anything I tell him, apart from what is going on in our daughter's life, goes in one ear and out the other. He is in an intimate relationship with that other woman and he very much wants to divorce me and marry her.

Here in america if you refuse to give your child what is prescribed by a doctor (therapist is a doctor) I think they'd charge you with child abuse or something of the sort <.< you can refuse them because you are an adult but a child here in america they treat different, I'd look into that though if I were you just to make sure. And yup! Just because you are saved does not mean you will be perfect my point is he's ignoring and sounds way too hardened I never said he wasn't saved I said he doesn't sound saved and he should examin himself as we are told to do in scripture to see if we are in the faith. Has he truly been changed? Does he truly believe? Watch the videos, they don't say be perfect either, they're just pretty good at showing you the test.  

starry night-163

Prayer requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff