Reply Community Lounge
Myer Briggs Personality Test & Types Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deadcant_Closed

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:22 pm
If you've happen to take it or similar versions, what type did you turn out to be? Do you think it accurate? Inaccurate? Any other thoughts on your type, the test itself or anything else personality related?

If you haven't taken a similar test, here is an online version. Also here is more detailed descriptions on the types and more.

According to the test above and a test taken in a seminar I'm a INTP. I find it rather accurate. Some points I'm so certain of. I find personality interesting in general and am slowly reading up on my own time.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:41 pm
I got an ENTP, but I end up scoring closely on some categories whenever I take this. So yeah, I could just of easily come out INTP this time. Thinking/feeling was really, really close on this test according to the results.
How do I feel about the results I got? Oh, I don't know. The in depth thing says that I should understand people fairly well, but I often times feel like I don't. It does say that ENTPs have trouble finishing things they start because they jump from idea to idea, which is really accurate for me. Well, some aspects seemed to describe me and others didn't reading the results.

Interesting test to take, but I always end up coming so close on the scoring of a few aspects that I end up thinking the whole thing should be thrown out as often as not xp Oh me and my contradictions.  

Lobo-chan

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:21 am
Depending on when I take the test, I switch off from INFP to INFJ. In one version of the test I was, like, 49% P and 51% J, so I guess I'm somewhere in the middle. It's just strange that they're essentially opposites (Introverted Feeling with Extraverted Intuition, or Introverted Intuition with Extraverted Feeling).  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:05 am
Lobo-chan
I got an ENTP, but I end up scoring closely on some categories whenever I take this. So yeah, I could just of easily come out INTP this time. Thinking/feeling was really, really close on this test according to the results.
How do I feel about the results I got? Oh, I don't know. The in depth thing says that I should understand people fairly well, but I often times feel like I don't. It does say that ENTPs have trouble finishing things they start because they jump from idea to idea, which is really accurate for me. Well, some aspects seemed to describe me and others didn't reading the results.

Interesting test to take, but I always end up coming so close on the scoring of a few aspects that I end up thinking the whole thing should be thrown out as often as not xp Oh me and my contradictions.

Which would you say is more accurate? Sometimes I wonder how impossible it can be to break something down into numbers, but it only measures what someone is more inclined or developed in. Cool. You're balanced in thinking and feeling. I would imagine that would be useful in relating to people.

Sentama Lin
Depending on when I take the test, I switch off from INFP to INFJ. In one version of the test I was, like, 49% P and 51% J, so I guess I'm somewhere in the middle. It's just strange that they're essentially opposites (Introverted Feeling with Extraverted Intuition, or Introverted Intuition with Extraverted Feeling).

Which would you say is more accurate? Cool. You're quite balanced in perception and judgement then. Mine tends be like that too. It does seem like it would be strange, but isn't necessary an either or situation. The test itself measures what is more likely in a person (personality traits) rather than an absolute.  

Deadcant_Closed

Lobo-chan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:26 am
Okay, I just read the description for the INTP and the first half of it is basically me to a T (whatever that phrase is supposed to mean). But then it goes into solving problems in a highly logical way and not understanding why you should pay attention to other's feelings so much or some such. Ah well.
A few aspects of the INFP fit me, and very few of the ENFP. The way they describe the feeling side is completely dominated by emotion! And... let's just say I end up trying to ignore emotions too much because if I stop and listen to them it gets crazy and I spend too much time trying to sift through them xp Yay for being the middle ground of thinking and feeling, because the descriptions they give for either side seems completely nuts to me.

I tend to get kind of crap results on a lot of different personality tests because I get really close results in a lot of areas. I even took a test in high school that was supposed to determine what way you learn best, and I got almost all of the categories the same sweatdrop Lobo, why you so ambiguous/balanced?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:37 pm
Haha. Cool. Also having a balanced learning style is neat and undoubtedly useful.  

Deadcant_Closed

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:05 pm
I figure it just fits well that I have strong values that I tend to get lost in (the Dreamer/Idealist INFP), and that I have the will to protect what I value (Protector INFJ).

Which is accurate, especially when the world just seems so ideal-less that I just want to escape into dreams. x3  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:34 am
What values do you highly regard if you don't mind me asking?  

Deadcant_Closed

[ Terra ]

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:26 pm
So I took the test linked in the OP and the result was INFP. Some of the areas were pretty close although there is a fair bit in the INFP stuff that I would say is accurate.

Quote:
Introverted (I) 56.25% Extroverted (E) 43.75%
Intuitive (N) 60.61% Sensing (S) 39.39%
Feeling (F) 51.52% Thinking (T) 48.48%
Perceiving (P) 51.61% Judging (J) 48.39%

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:26 pm
ISTJ is what I got. Makes a bit of sense regarding my typical mannerisms and ways I got about handling day to day life.

Quote:
Introverted (I) 64.86% Extroverted (E) 35.14%
Sensing (S) 62.5% Intuitive (N) 37.5%
Thinking (T) 81.82% Feeling (F) 18.18%
Judging (J) 64.71% Perceiving (P) 35.29%

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:59 pm
Well, if you really want to know, I value humanity, not as humanity as the common good, but as a group of individuals. From there, I value each individual's right to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness; and I try to make sure I live in a way where I keep my rights to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness without endangering or removing another's same rights and never make sacrifices that endanger my own rights. Ethical selfishness, in that I think everyone should be happy in life as free men--as heroes, as creators, as thinkers, as productive people, as happy people--and everyone should strive for that happiness so long as it isn't gained at the sacrifice of another's happiness.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:21 pm
I've taken the test a few different times and I always come up INFJ smile

I feel it's pretty accurate for me.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Deadcant_Closed

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:21 am
Sentama Lin
Well, if you really want to know, I value humanity, not as humanity as the common good, but as a group of individuals. From there, I value each individual's right to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness; and I try to make sure I live in a way where I keep my rights to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness without endangering or removing another's same rights and never make sacrifices that endanger my own rights. Ethical selfishness, in that I think everyone should be happy in life as free men--as heroes, as creators, as thinkers, as productive people, as happy people--and everyone should strive for that happiness so long as it isn't gained at the sacrifice of another's happiness.

That is quite respectable. Have you already found a balance of maintaining sticking to your own rights and the rights of others? What are your thoughts on common good versus individual interests? Pardon my curiosity. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:22 am
AlcoholicPancake
ISTJ is what I got. Makes a bit of sense regarding my typical mannerisms and ways I got about handling day to day life.

Quote:
Introverted (I) 64.86% Extroverted (E) 35.14%
Sensing (S) 62.5% Intuitive (N) 37.5%
Thinking (T) 81.82% Feeling (F) 18.18%
Judging (J) 64.71% Perceiving (P) 35.29%

How would you describe your mannerisms and how you deal with the typical daily grinds if you don't mind me asking?  

Deadcant_Closed

Deadcant_Closed

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:31 am
Hm. So far introversion is close to a solid streak. Intuition nearly so as well. Thinking & Feeling and Judgement & Perception seem fairly even in odds. Interesting!

I have some more questions if anyone is willing to answer them. It would be greatly appreciated. 3nodding

Since introversion is so dominant in this thread the first set of questions will mainly be focused on that-

How would you describe your social habits, strength, weakness, etc in real life and online?

What would say is the pros and cons of both of them?

Are there situations you prefer in either realm? e.i. Chatting at school cafeteria, hanging out at parties, talking on messengers, forums, etc. Why?

Are there situations you dislike overall? Why?

What are your closet friends like? Not so close friends like?

Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff