Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Gold

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Viz Night

Super Noob

11,400 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:59 am
I'm questing my dream avi.. I need tips and tricks to earn gold faster. I usually do booty grab and zOMG. Any other method to get more gold?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:08 am
I do easy surveys and stuff for GaiaCash, most things in the cash shop sell for a decent amount of money. I use a mule e-mail for ones requesting e-mail because the spam is atrocious. Also, if you can draw, Art Shop! People luurve art cat_3nodding  

Aelliza

5,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Viz Night

Super Noob

11,400 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:13 pm
thanks.. i'll try some
xRapidfireHiccupsx
I do easy surveys and stuff for GaiaCash, most things in the cash shop sell for a decent amount of money. I use a mule e-mail for ones requesting e-mail because the spam is atrocious. Also, if you can draw, Art Shop! People luurve art cat_3nodding

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:58 pm
I just wanna ask.. how much gold do I earn if I start my own aquarium?
xRapidfireHiccupsx

Viz Night

Super Noob

11,400 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500

Doctor Manny

8,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:47 pm
There are guilds out there that are exist completely to make gaians money.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:52 am
Prince Kamal
xRapidfireHiccupsx

Oh...for aquariums I don't know...I don't have one with fish in it. If you meant Art shop: if you are consistent with it you can make probably like 200k a week or more, depending on skill level and number of requests. If your skill and requests are lower, probably about 25k a week or maybe a little more possibly, I'm not an expert though! Just going off experience.  

Aelliza

5,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Viz Night

Super Noob

11,400 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:39 pm
can suggest some of those guild name
Doctor Manny
There are guilds out there that are exist completely to make gaians money.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:41 pm
I'm also not good at art..
xRapidfireHiccupsx
Prince Kamal
xRapidfireHiccupsx

Oh...for aquariums I don't know...I don't have one with fish in it. If you meant Art shop: if you are consistent with it you can make probably like 200k a week or more, depending on skill level and number of requests. If your skill and requests are lower, probably about 25k a week or maybe a little more possibly, I'm not an expert though! Just going off experience.

Viz Night

Super Noob

11,400 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500

Aelliza

5,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:31 pm
Prince Kamal
xRapidfireHiccupsx
Prince Kamal
xRapidfireHiccupsx

Possibly not the best method then for you cat_sweatdrop
But I highly recommend trying to get cash, for example the cash item "Underland" only costs 149 cash and sells for about 90k, and earning cash is super easy! What I wouldn't recommend is submitting your phone number for quizzes and such, I got random phone calls for about 2 weeks after doing so and it was very obnoxious!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:11 pm
alright.. what does underland do?
xRapidfireHiccupsx
Prince Kamal
xRapidfireHiccupsx
Prince Kamal
xRapidfireHiccupsx

But I highly recommend trying to get cash, for example the cash item "Underland" only costs 149 cash and sells for about 90k, and earning cash is super easy! What I wouldn't recommend is submitting your phone number for quizzes and such, I got random phone calls for about 2 weeks after doing so and it was very obnoxious!

Viz Night

Super Noob

11,400 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500

koromyst

Illuminated Star

19,900 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:32 pm
▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣

Underland is a Chance Item (RIG/Random Item Generator) where you will get either nifty items or fail items from 'playing it'. It's better off if you just sell it off rather than risk playing it.

You'll either need a vast amount of gold to purchase the singles or the bundles, or get them with gaia cash, as stated by RapidFire. Completing offers is one way to obtain g-cash. Another way is to claim your free daily 10 g-cash when you click on the cute colourful g-cash tree up there (^_^)

As for the guilds, you might probably want to go ahead and search for commerce-based guilds. Among the most notable are Teh Vending Guild and Teh Hoarding Guild. There are many others out there so it's best to search diligently =D

You might want to get yourself involved in contests as well for fun and a possible winning opportunity. Who knows, luck may be on your side that day and you'll grab the winning spot or something xD

If you have endless of hours to spend on Gaia, get yourself signed up for a job =D You can go here and start searching xD

▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:31 am
Prince Kamal
xRapidfireHiccupsx
Prince Kamal
xRapidfireHiccupsx
Prince Kamal
xRapidfireHiccupsx

Oh, um...it's one of those random chance items, you click on it to start and it takes you through the story of alice in wonderland, with a twist. If You succeed in reaching points of the story you will be rewarded with expensive items. If you only make it a little far you will get less expensive items. I personally am not so chancey, so I usually sell my underlands instead of trying to win and getting crappy 10k items. The chances of winning are VERY slim. I bought one and tried it out and only made it to page 2 of the story, not to my fault though. Each underland's success is pre-decided.  

Aelliza

5,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Viz Night

Super Noob

11,400 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:33 am
xRapidfireHiccupsx
Prince Kamal
xRapidfireHiccupsx
Prince Kamal
xRapidfireHiccupsx

Oh, um...it's one of those random chance items, you click on it to start and it takes you through the story of alice in wonderland, with a twist. If You succeed in reaching points of the story you will be rewarded with expensive items. If you only make it a little far you will get less expensive items. I personally am not so chancey, so I usually sell my underlands instead of trying to win and getting crappy 10k items. The chances of winning are VERY slim. I bought one and tried it out and only made it to page 2 of the story, not to my fault though. Each underland's success is pre-decided.

lol.. nothing got into my head.. expect one thing.. chaos  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:51 am
You can go to places like these! They give you free items!

c:

Azyiie

Human

18,450 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Millionaire 200

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:20 am
How much gold do you have, and what are your goals like? Knowing that will allow us to suggest a path which will get you there quickest. If you're going for something small then maybe you just need to booty grab or something to get started. If you're going for something big, then you'll need enough funds to start with, that you can leverage that in the Marketplace and Exchange to build up some real cash flow.

Also, if you're questing for specific items then you should really make use of the Items Quests sub-forum in this guild to open a Quest Thread. Check the stickies in that sub-forum for more guidelines on doing so. This is not an invitation to start begging, but if you open up and let people know what you're trying to accomplish, you'd be surprised how generous and charitable the members of this forum can be. If you can offer other skills in exchange, such as artwork, etc., then that helps as well. That is, if you haven't already done this... wink

This is a short guide I had written long time ago (like 2007 or 2008?) by compiling my answers right here in this Q&A forum, back when I was the team lead here. It should help you get started in the marketplace...

Marketplace Investment Guide: How to afford the items you really want!
(Compiled from the Q&A forum on the NSTG)

I am sooo happy today
I'm new to Gaia and everything in shops just seems to expensive. I don't want to look like a noob so I want to buy some cool things. When I play games I can't earn enough gold - it would take me forever. How can I earn gold quickly to afford to buy items around 30,000 gold???

Gaia is like real life... You first start off making your gold by trading time-for-money. In real life it's called a job, in Gaia it's done by posting, commenting, voting, and playing games.

As you notice, we only have so much time in the day, and the amount of gold earning potential is very small. However, we still all have to start there...

Eventually you will want to get out of that time-for-money "rat race", and start making REAL gold, right? In order to do that, you will have to learn to make your money work for you. You only have so much time you can invest to trade for money. Your money on the other hand, can be leveraged to infinite quantities, if it is turned into your workers.

This of course, is done in the Marketplace.

Resist the urge to go spending whenever you reach your money goals, and spending it all on whatever item you desire. These are expenses - you need assets to keep going and making more money. Instead, use the fiscal concept of "Pay yourself first". Whenever you get your hands on some gold, you need to reinvest it in the marketplace first. Continue to maintain your residual income by buying investment items for the purpose of turning over in the marketplace again, not items that you wish to keep.

When you have made enough gold, you can then skim off the top to buy the items you desire, always maintaining a minimum level of gold worth for investment, whether it be in "pure" (what we call straight gold around here), or in items which are ready to be sold.

For instance, if you are questing for a 30k gold item, don't work your butt off making that money, then once you get it in your hands, buy it. What are you going to do for more money then? Instead, keep reinvesting that 30k, and in no time you will have 50k. Then you can buy your 30k item, and still have 20k left over for reinvestment.

To give you an idea... If I had about 30k gold to invest, I would expect to make at least 5-7k an hour of playing steady in the market - although most of the time I just trickle money in here and there while I'm doing other things on Gaia. So even if you put in hardly any effort at all, you would still make up that extra 20k to get up to 50k within the week.

So how then is the gold actually made there? Well, simple... First of all, go to the Marketplace, then click on All Listings, then change the Sort By: dropdown in the top-right corner from "Nearly Expired" to "Just Added". Buy all items which are well below the lowest "hump" in the marketplace. For instance, if an item has prices of 900g, 800g, 500g, 450g, 448g, 445g, 300g - the average price that item will sell at is about 445-450 gold (not what's listed as the "Average Buy Price" - that is yesterday's average, and only has little bearing on today). The 300g item is a good buy, the 445g item will give you no profit. Buy the 300 gold item, resell it at 440g, and you've made a profit. Keep doing this over and over. Of course, for the good deals you will not have time to go into the item details, in order to purchase it before somebody else does. Which means that you will have to start learning your items, and their values... This may take some time.

Sometimes you can take advantage of high and low market fluctuations throughout the day. Generally, items will be at their highest price overnight, when there is little action in the marketplace. That is the time to sell. This is in U.S. time zones, from Eastern to Pacific. During the afternoons and evenings (school days), or during the day on weekends, the prices will be lowest, as there are lots of traders in the marketplace, bringing the price down.

At lower price ranges (ie, 15k or below), you hardly have to worry about tax, and there's not much seasonal/cash shop fluctuations to take into account. For high-ticket items, always watch out for tax. To buy something 1k underpriced when its total value is 15k is a good deal. To buy something 1k underpriced when its total value is 60k, means that you've lost money, as you will have to pay over 1k in tax to sell it.

There are also monthly fluctuations, the most notable being the 1st and the 15th of the month, when Monthly Collectibles are released and opened. Sealed Envelopes are issued to cash donators between the 1st and the 15th, at which time the letters are cheap, and the rest of the market is high. On the 15th of the month, Envelopes are opened, and are turned into Thank-You Letters. At this time, the cost of Letters and their corresponding MCs will skyrocket, and the rest of the items in the marketplace will go down in price since everybody is selling them off to buy the new MCs. The price will remain high on those new MCs for the next week or so, then will drop in price after that. They will again start to rise in value if they are a good MC, and will continue to do so for months to come (since they are one-time release items). If you wish to hold onto items to watch them rise in value over time, then look for good Monthly Collectibles to "horde".

Any other Cash Shop item will cause another rift in the marketplace. As soon as CS items are released, they will come in with a bang, selling for big bucks. The action in the marketplace is very high at this time, and you can take advantage of ANY fast-paced marketplace action to buy/sell quickly and make a good profit. But be warned - the value of those CS items will take a sudden nosedive at the end of a day or two, maybe three. If you had horded too many of those items to get rid of, you may end up losing your shirt.

Evolving items always evolve in a set pattern. This can be figured out over time simply by marking down the evolve dates on your calendar, and finding the pattern from it. Some may be a 3-week pattern, a 2-week pattern, or some may have an alternating pattern, like 3 weeks-5 weeks-3 weeks-5 weeks, or maybe on the 2x week of every month, etc.

• Here is an example of an Evolution Calendar to keep track of evolve dates. Every item which has been around for over a month or in rare instances over two months, can have their patterns easily deduced.

Every evolve date, the new evolves are sure to rise in value, so horde those items before the date, if you are keeping track. Also look for misprices on the evolve date, as many will buy them and hawk them off in the marketplace without noting its new change in value.

Taking advantage of seasonal fluctuations is obvious. Buy all lovey-dovey items well before Valentines Day, then sell them off around that time (ie, hearts, flowers, etc.). Buy anything red, white, green, or elfish well before xmas, and sell them off during the xmas season. Etc., etc...

So to recap... you will have to start off small. First make a bit of gold by doing your "job", posting, commenting, voting, or playing games. Once you have enough to invest in the marketplace, start leveraging your money. Once you get in the 10s of thousands, you are in a good range to start making a substantial daily living in the marketplace. Because of the tax, items more than about 20-30k in value start to become difficult to trade for profit - so you may want to stay within that range, then as you build up more funds, just buy more quantity instead of going up in ticket-price.

It will seem real slow at first, until you get your first little "nest egg", but after that, you'll find that Gaia Gold flows very easily! heart

I hope this has all been useful information to you...

• Please note: This guide is geared towards buying and selling in the Marketplace (MP), but the exact same principles apply to trading in the Gaia Exchange Forum (GE).

In the GE, you will not have to worry about tax, and therefore can price lower than the going MP price, and still make the same profit. This of course makes the GE the ideal place to sell your high-ticket items, while the MP is the ideal place to sell your low-ticket items for a much quicker turnaround.

HisTechnoAngel
OK so I've read a few well-written guides about the marketplace, but there's still somethings I am not sure about.

Ok.. so to use something as an example- I want to get rid of: Citrus Snug Lacy Leggings. When I search for it on the MP, it says this for average price: 2,401g -52%. So I click on it and all the listings are for like 1g. What does the average price have to do with this? I'm a bit confused as to how I should look at the prices. If anyone can clarify this for me, I would much appreciate it!!!

When you're starting off it's best to simply ignore the Average Buy Price, although when you get used to it you can use it to give you a quick at-a-glance guess at where the market is going (when you don't have time to study the graphs). If you get the green +, and the selling items are priced near that Average Buy Price, you've likely got a sound investment. smile If you have the red -, and the items selling are near the ABP, then you might want to be careful and look a little more closely at the listing to make sure you're not buying at a bad time.

Either way though, the important figures to note are the prices on the actual items selling and the graphs, not the ABP.

Click on "Show Graphs" underneath the item to see the pricing history in the Market Price graph. Sometimes you'll see the price just plummet to nothing or skyrocket. This often happens for low-priced items, and is caused by somebody hording them all then reselling them at a ridiculous price. Usually they'll have a bunch of friends buy some of the product off them at those prices, and that will drive up the Average Buy Price. This is called "AI", which stands for Artificial Inflation. The price will go back down again and stabilize, so be wary of buying anything at an artificially inflated price.

That's why you saw the -52% on that item you were looking at (somebody does this to Citrus Snug Lacy Leggings on a regular basis - they are only 1g in the store and thus very easy to horde). Somebody had just recently AIed it, and it is coming back to its regular price of 1g. The reason they do this is to drive the Average Buy Price way up, like you saw it. Then people may buy it up really quick, thinking they're getting a great deal if it's way below the ABP.

This is a very good question, and I'm glad you brought it up...

Another thing to watch out for, is make sure you look at the Store Price. Sometimes items available in the regular shops (ie, Barton Boutique, H.R. Westley's, Durem Depot, etc.) will be sold for higher than their store price in the marketplace, if they're a popular item. If the items you find are higher than the listed store price, and the name of the store listed isn't Cash Shop or Collectible, then simply click on the store name and buy it from there. ^_^

Also note that "Store Price" on Prize & Joy items are listed in Tickets, not Gold. Tickets are worth far more than gold - current value is well over 2.5g each.

If you're selling your store-bought items and all the prices in the marketplace are above store price, it's not suggested you follow suit, unless you're willing to hold onto that object for a long time. However, it's also suggested that you don't go very much below the store price, as there is absolutely no reason to. If the marketplace doesn't have them under store price, that means that they are valuable enough to sell for higher. If you put it even 50g under the store price, it'll sell just as well as 500g under, once somebody comes along looking for that particular item.

When you're dealing with high-ticket items especially, it becomes essential that you also look at the Sales Volume graph. This tells you how quickly the item is likely to move. If you see very low sales volume, especially if there are huge gaps in the graph (days when no items have been sold), then you have a "hard-to-sell" item. Don't buy hard-to-sell items anywhere near the ABP as you will be hanging onto them for a long time. They will tie up your gold and if you need that gold for purchase or further investment, you will have to dump that item for a mere fraction of its Market Price value. Remember that it takes money to make money, so you can't have that money tied up if you want to continue with a regular cash flow.

A lot of people dump their Hard-to-Sell items in the Gaia Exchange forum instead of the Marketplace because it's so hard to find a buyer for them. In the Exchange you will have to mark them down a lot to sell.

Sir Osis of Liver
When you purchase an evolving item from the marketplace- does the evolution start over with a new owner- or would evolution stay once completed regardless of owner??

Here's a quick example of how it works... Assume we have an item called "Evolve", which will be available in Cash Shop for only 5 weeks, and will evolve every week, with final evolution in one month (very hypothetical situation - this would never happen). These are the poses that will be available for each generation (items in red are available through Gaia Cash, and items in green have reached Final Stage):

Week 1
--------

Evolve - Pose 1

Week 2
--------

Evolve - Pose 2
Evolve 2nd Gen. - Pose 1

Week 3
--------

Evolve - Pose 3
Evolve 2nd Gen - Pose 2
Evolve 3rd Gen - Pose 1

Week 4 (Final)
--------

Evolve - Pose 4, Pose 3, Pose 2, Pose 1 (all poses unlocked)
Evolve 2nd Gen - Pose 3
Evolve 3rd Gen - Pose 2
Evolve 4th Gen - Pose 1

Week 5
--------

Evolve - Pose 4, Pose 3, Pose 2, Pose 1
Evolve 2nd Gen - Pose 4, Pose 3, Pose 2, Pose 1
Evolve 3rd Gen - Pose 3
Evolve 4th Gen - Pose 2
Evolve 5th Gen - Pose 1

Week 6 (Only avail. in Marketplace, no longer avail. through Gaia Cash)
--------

Evolve 3rd Gen - Pose 4, Pose 3, Pose 2, Pose 1
Evolve 4th Gen - Pose 3
Evolve 5th Gen - pose 2

Week 7
--------

Evolve 4th Gen - Pose 4, Pose 3, Pose 2, Pose 1
Evolve 5th Gen - Pose 3

Week 8
--------

Evolve 4th Gen - Pose 4, Pose 3, Pose 2, Pose 1
Evolve 5th Gen - Pose 4, Pose 3, Pose 2, Pose 1

Explanation on pricing:
--------------------------------

So now all 5 generations have completely evolved, so the price for 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th Generations will be approx. the same. However, the price for the original will still be slightly higher, even though it has the same forms (collector value). Prices will originally go down once the item has fully evolved, but will start to stabilize after time.

Also, if you are buying through the marketplace in gold not cash, then be very wary of buying any item that is still in Cash Shop (red items). They are a very risky buy, as anybody could dump a load of them in the marketplace at any time.

Say for instance that Pose 2 is a really awesome form that everybody loves, and is hot on the market. The price will rise for every Generation that goes through Pose 2 on each given week, then will drop again when it reaches Pose 3, if Pose 3 is not as popular. However, it will then rise again once it reaches final evolution.

I hope that helps you understand it better. smile

Bonus! Job Guide: how to make your start-up funds to become financially independent.
(more excerpts taken from Questions and Assistance forum)

with Jigsaw Puzzles:

Ned-san
Actually, you are only allowed so many puzzle wins per day, before you will start getting 0 gold. Generally, the win just before the 0 will get you about 1/2 the gold. So that's your warning - if you win 1/2 the norm on a puzzle, don't bother with the next one, and certainly don't take on a hard puzzle. xD

The day will reset at 12-midnight every day, Pacific Standard Time (also known around here as "Gaia time").

So basically what that means is this: if you are doing easy puzzles, you will use up your max alloted wins very quickly. You will actually make WAY more gold per minute by doing easy puzzles. However, since you will use up your wins faster, you will not be able to complete as much total gold in the entire day, if that is what you are counting on for your daily gold intake.

(It's approximately 8 wins or so in a day, which at the easiest level should take you about 10-15 minutes.)

Therefore... If you know you will only be able to play puzzles for a short time during the day, keep to the easy ones, and you'll make your gold faster.

However, if you have a lot of hours to play in the day, then you can make more total gold by doing the harder puzzles. Remember that you can Save and Quit a puzzle too, if you have to leave it for a while (this is something I always forget to do), through the little menu options in the top-right corner.

by Fishing:

Ned-san
When you enter the Fishing servers and enter the game, you will see a right and left arrow underneath your fishing rod, where it's displayed at the far right. This will cycle between all the rods in your inventory.

(Games => Fishing will get you to Bass'ken lake, but clicking on the World Map in the top-right corner and choosing "Teleport To: Durem Reclamation Facility" will get you to another lake with different fish types)

Most serious fishers will use two or three different rods.

Strength Rods are great for grabbing as many small fish as you can in as short a time possible (Power Fishing). This is the best method for landing fish to provide steady income from, selling in the marketplace (do not exchange fish up at the Fishing Hole if you are doing this, for that will decrease their overall value). Grade F fish bait is generally sufficient for this kind of fishing.

Distance Rods are the best for landing those elusive rare collectible fish. These can sell for hundreds of thousands of gold in the marketplace, but are really hard to catch. The Distance Rod will give you that extra edge. Grade A fish bait should be used when attempting this kind of fishing.

Performance Rods are sort of a middle-of-the-road fishing rod. They have the potential to land the big fish, but also have a decent short-range cast area. However, they do not excel in either of these fields, as the Strength and Distance rods do.

with Slots:

Ned-san
Making a profit in slots is very easy. Unlike the real casino, the odds are not stacked against you. In a casino, the amount of income they will make in a day is a known factor, depending on the traffic that goes through the casino.

You can also make this probability work to your advantage, if you look at one simple mathematical law. The machines are all set to pay out a certain ratio of its earnings. With the large amount of traffic which goes through the casino, this exact ratio is what will be earned by the casino at the end of the day. Projected revenue can then be calculated with alarming accuracy, in this "game of chance".

Take for example if you flip a coin 4 or 5 times. You could possibly get 75% heads, 25% heads, 50% heads... It's all random. However, if you flip that coin 100 times or more, you know you will get exactly half heads and half tails. The more you try, the closer you get to that exact probability ratio. In the case of the coin flip, that ratio is 1:1 Heads to Tails.

The way the slots are set up, if you bet 3 tokens for every spin, the payout ratio is also 1:1 Tokens to Tickets. Which means that if you sit at the slots and toss in 1,000 tokens, you will get about 1,000 tickets in return, as long as you keep betting 3 tokens a spin (your ratio is less with smaller token bets). Since tickets are worth more than twice as much as tokens, you have now more than doubled your money invested! heart

• Please note that tickets are easiest sold in the Marketplace in small quantities, where they will sell like hotcakes for the going price. However, large quantities of tickets are easier traded in the Gaia Exchange.

However, if you aren't persistent, and only stay for a short betting period, you will leave your winnings to chance. You may win, or you may lose. In the case of the Gaia casino, that 1:1 ratio is to your advantage, so you want to stay as long as you can to ensure that you get that ratio.

In the real casino, your strategy to staying on top has to be the opposite, as the slot machines there are stacked against you. They will, by the end of the day, always pay out a lot less than they make - that's how the casino makes money. If you sit at the slot machine for a long time, and don't set limits for yourself, then you will inevitably reach that probability ratio, which makes you poor and them rich. If on the other hand, you stay only a short time, setting an exact limit for yourself, leaving should you win big instead of plugging the machine again, then your winnings are left up to chance. You could lose still, but at least you stand a chance of winning. biggrin

With Cards:

Ned-san
Cards are an excellent alternative to slots. They will yield at least as much or more, if you know how to play them properly. They are not as guaranteed as slots are, but they are more entertaining and will pass the time quicker. Please refer to this Guide from Rio-san, who is da cardz masta! heart

Note: This guide was written years ago as mentioned, and there are many item types and games which have been added since. We now have active items, alchemized items, game items, and so on.

One of the new games which is very important to note is Booty Grab. This appears to be the best source of gold when you are still in the "ratrace", trading time-for-money instead of leveraging gold to make more gold. In fact, Booty Grab can be so effective that it can even be better than dealing in the Marketplace at the lower levels. It was probably designed that way to allow those who aren't marketplace savvy to get on their feet.

I'm no expert on Booty Grab, but I can direct you to a Guild which specializes in it, and also includes links to members' tanks with their glowing status: ¤¤¤ GRAB~A~GLOW (GAG) GUILD ¤¤¤

There is also a Gaia forum for booty grabbers, where people will bump threads of those with glowing tanks: Gaia Aquarium. This is the main place where most people go to play booty grab.  
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games