Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
After the fight... ((Finished)) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Joining?
Gold!
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Nah
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Maybe
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Yes! Making a profile now!
69%
 69%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 13

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:37 pm
This is the sequel to Monster Mash

Four years ago, the US army was alerted about and broke up the illegal fight ring set up by Pariah Research. The ring was a ring for mutated teenagers that had been sold to the highest bidders and then forced to fight to the death, much like dog fighting. When the mutates were rescued, they were shipped off all over the country in different groups depending on gender, mental stability, and other factors. They went through rehabilitation before being integrated back into society.

Though there was a cure for their condition at that point, many committed suicide in the first year, unable to come to terms with the horrific incidents they'd gone through. Some took the cure, others chose to remain the way they were, though they had to register as mutates, in case of suspicious activity happening wherever they were, they could be asked about it if their abilities matched up.

The owners were thrown in jail and ordered to pay their mutates millions of dollars each. Though it would never take away the nightmares, they would at least not have to worry about finances. Now though, four years later, most of the mutates still struggle to deal with day to day life on the surface, and though they aren't hated, they aren't loved, which doesn't exactly make their lives any easier.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:48 pm
Rules

1. I am the ruler of this rp. What I say goes. End of story. If you argue with me, immediate blacklist. Also, if Zelly says something, know she's saying it already having my back, so unless Zelly is telling you to do something outrageous like give your charrie a pink mohawk, mind what she says.

2. Behave yourselves.

3. Keep it PG-13. Romance is still allowed, but keep it PG-13

4. No GOD-MODDING.

5. There can be fighting in this one if you so wish, but this is about the monsters struggles after their long fight is over.

6. Be nice to each other.

7. I would prefer that you write at LEAST 4-5 sentences minimum each post. One-liners are laaaame.

8. No using *this* or anything like that for actions. This is a literate roleplay. Please write it like you would write a story.

9. Pm me profiles and title them "What is there?..." so I know you read the rules.

10. I reserve the right to add rules as I feel necessary.

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:53 pm
Profile Skeletons

((Note: If you mess up the profile, I will make you fix it.))

My name is [color=pickacolor]{Name}[/color], but most people just call me [color=pickacolor]{Nickname}[/color].
And I am [color=pickacolor]{age}[/color] years old.
I am in fact a [color=pickacolor]{gender}[/color].
People tend to tell me that I [color=pickacolor]{Personality}[/color].
When it was offered to me I [color=pickacolor]{did/did not}[/color] get the cure.
My powers [color=pick]{are/used to be (powers)}[/color]
Well my past is a little complicated but I guess I'll start with [color=pickacolor]{Bio please right something}[/color].
Here's what I look like. (Appearance URL only please and I require a picture. Prefer anime picture except for monster form)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:20 pm
Accepted Characters

Maya Freana
My name is Amaya Kurokawa, but most people just call me Amaya.
And I am 23 years old.
I am in fact a female.
People tend to tell me that I was cold in the ring. I was. I didn't want to get close to people because they'd eventually die and leave me. But I opened up to a few people and I trusted them completely. They made me feel happy again. I owe a lot to them. I've been happier and felt more in control since going through extensive therapy..
When it was offered to me I did not get the cure.
My powers allow me to control shadows.
Well my past is a little complicated but I guess I'll start with what happened after I got out of that hell hole. Calista and I went to a rehabilitation center with all the other mothers and their children. I spent the first month in the hospital recovering from my injuries, then after that we spent a year going through rehabilitation. It was a difficult time. The next two years were spent on intensive therapy to work past my split personality and gain control over it. A year ago, Calista and I finally left the center and moved to New York City to start a new life. I wrote a book about my time in the cavern. It became a best seller in two weeks, so I guess that was alright, though with my involvement of alerting the government about the ring and writing about the place, I guess I've become the unofficial spokesperson for the mutates rescued from the ring. I've been doing a small amount of publicity for my book, since it was really just to help me cope with what I went through, more than educating people about what really happened down there, but still, whatever helps people learn I guess... .
Here's what I look like. Though my right arm is constantly in monster form. Human Monster

My name is Calista Kurokawa, but most people just call me Cali.
And I am 7 years old.
I am in fact a girl.
People tend to tell me that I am a sweetheart. I love to play and explore and meet new people so long as they aren't creepy looking..
My powers let me make anything physical that I imagine become reality.
Well my past is a little complicated but I guess I'll start with four years ago because that's all I really remember. I was little at the time, I barely remember the cavern. Mommy and I stayed in the rehabilitation place for three years before she was okay enough to leave. We moves to New York and I started 1st grade this year, so that's been scary. I miss Adrian, I remember he was around when mommy couldn't be when I was little, but I haven't seen him since the day we all got out of the cavern. .
Here's what I look like. I grew up

Zelly-fangirl
My name is Adrian Dupree, but most people just call me Adrian.
And I am 21 years old.
I am in fact a male.
People tend to tell me that I am laid-back and generally cheerful, but I've been rather glum since I got out. Guess I'm just waiting for the one thing that can really make me smile again.
My powers are the ability to manipulate blood, and of course flight.
Well my past is a little complicated but I guess I'll start with my time in the arena. When I first got down there, I was a pessimistic wreck, but then I met this girl. Her name was Amaya, and she helped me to suck it up and stick through it. I doubt I'd be alive right now if it weren't for her. It's also thanks to her that we're all free now. I think it was about a month before she busted us out that we officially got together, not that we were able to stay that way for long, what with the US sorting us all out upon release. I promised her I'd find again, but four years later and that still has yet to happen. I've spent my time traveling all over hoping to find her again, and I'm not giving up until I do. I'm also a musician by trade, and while on the road I've managed to play in small clubs and the like along the way playing my music. In a perfect world, word of the traveling mutate musician would reach her and we could be together again.
Here's what I look like. Feel free to judge.

Angel in my Dreams
My name is Alexia May Rose, but most people just call me Angel because of my wings, but anyone close to me calls me Alex.
And I am 21 years old.
I am in fact a female.
People tend to tell me that I am anti-social, but very kindhearted. I'm still afraid to interact with people, but I will talk to people when needed. I'm only actually close to a few people, neighbors, employes at shops I frequent, and my co-workers.
My powers are the ability to manipulate shadows and fly, of course.
Well my past is a little complicated but I guess I'll start with my first life, before I became what I am today. I was, as some still call me, an angel. I obeyed my parents got good grades, the usual goody-two-shoes stuff. Then, I turned and Avani took control, killing my parents. I was on the streets afterwards. I saw the fake a** ad for the 'cure' and was tricked. I spent a while in the ring. I wasn't put out to fight much since I was ownerless, but I hated it. There's only two other things I clearly remember from the caverns: who I consider my closest friend, Alexander, and almost killing this already almost dead girl. Alexander got an owner and I barely hung with him after. When we got broken free, I started to believe I'd never see my best friend again. I had also wanted to apologize to the girl I nearly killed, but I don't think I'll ever see her either. I moved on though; I got help with Avani (it was my therapist's idea to name her, so I could believe she wasn't apart of me) and my Depression. With my therapist's help, I got over the fear of myself and started loving myself again; that's why I didn't take the real cure. Though I never got money since I never had an owner; I found a good cheap apartment in Manhatten, that's where I ended up. I got a job at a cafè as their entertainment and work hard to make people smile because of my music. My only dream at this point is to make a difference for people whether it be with my music or something else. I just want my life to be meaningful and something my parents would be proud of. I still hope to do the two things I've wanted to do since I got free as well: see Alexander and apologize to the girl.
Here's what I look like. Aren't I pretty?

Angelicos Flame
My name is Rock Davis-Bennet, but most people just call me Rock.
And I am 22} years old now.
I am in fact a guy.
People tend to tell me that I I have eased up a little ever since I got that huge amount of money, but I remained untrusting to most. I'm also somewhat quiet and rarely seek attention and if I happen to fight, I'm not afraid to hold back.
When it was offered to me I did not get the cure. Are you kidding me? Once I got out of here, I realized all I could do with my abilities, damn right I kept them.
My powers are control of water and ice
Well my past is a little complicated but I guess I'll start with my parents... They were the worse, really... Never gave me an easy life. Father ran off before I was born and never to be found, mom fell into drugs, step-father is an abusive alcoholic... I've had my share of sand in my eye, we could say. As soon as they found out I had become rich after getting out of the hell-hole, they came crawling back as if they liked me. I turned them away and left to live my life the way I wanted to. I'm somewhat happy that I became a monster. I I found uses to it. And, even through the hell I've passed, I guess you could say I was lucky to not stay with any scars of it much, except that scar on my face... And so, going through that hole made me really rich, so I'm just gonna profit of the moment.
Here's what I look like. Yeah, my hair darkened a bit, but that's just the light... And I aged

Guardian Sol
My name is Cecil Locke Tribal, but most people just call me Locke.
And I am 22 years old.
I am in fact a male.
People tend to tell me that I am warm, odd, and optimistic as I never gave up hope that we would be saved but had a short fuse to bigotry and the like..
My powers are the ability to cover my clothes and item I held with either fire, water, wind or stone, and after we were rescued I learned that I could also use electricity and ice. This does not damage the items and could do various things depending on the item.
Well my past is a little complicated but I guess I'll start with when I got out of that hellhole, I went to rehab and tried to contact my parents, they were dead unfortunately. I eventually got over it and got out of rehab in the matter of six months. I found an apartment in lower Manhattan, and started to look for a job. After a few weeks of searching I found a small job at a pub close to Times Square called Gilligan's, though with a watchful eye on me. At first it was just dish washing, then after breaking up a fight, I was became a bouncer. I eventually earned the owners trust and turned twenty-one, he allowed me to tend the bar as well as keep the peace.
Here's what I look like. Without the gun

Kityfan2
My name is Kierra Castro, but most people just call me Kierra.
And I am 22 years old.
I am in fact a female.
People tend to tell me that I have opened up since I got out, and I have. I speak normally now, and I smile a lot more. I'm not nearly as pessimistic as i used to be, and I try to enjoy life a lot more..
When it was offered to me I did not get the cure. I couldn't bring myself to do it. I felt like it was a part of me now.
My powers allow me to create and control fire
Well my past is a little complicated but I guess I'll start with What happened after I got out. Even though I wasn't insane, the government had me go to therapy for my past with my foster father and with my guilt when I burned down the orphanage. It really helped me eel better and I learned not to blame myself for everything. I can still be a bit shy at times, but definately not as much as before. Because of this, I can control my powers a lot better. After getting out and getting the money, I finished school. I'm not working as an intern for a medical examiner while I'm in med school. I like it. I'm a bit curious about my friends. I want to go look for them the net chance I get..
Here's what I look like. my hair has grown a bit^^

Valiant Fenris
My name is Augustin Ellswood, but most people just call me Vamp.
And I am 193 years old.
I am in fact a male.
People tend to tell me that I Evil and vindictive, but surprisingly charming, He knows how to manipulate..
My powers are that of eternal youth and the power to give others mutate powers.
Well my past is a little complicated but I guess I'll start with the fact that I was the main idea behind the Mutate fighting. I enjoyed putting them under me. Nobody even figured out that I was a Mutate myself. I led no trail to my identity. Now I plan on ruining the reputation of those "poor" Mutates that were freed. I will make them wish they were never born. Doesn't that sound like fun?.
Here's what I look like. Aren't I hansom?

Doctor_Whiteface
My name is Smith, but most people just call me Smith.
And I am 26 years old.
I am in fact a male.
People tend to tell me that I am the consummate businessman and perfect negotiator.
When it was offered to me I didn't get the cure, and I never looked back.
My powers are inhuman speed, perfect vision, levitation, the ability to perfectly control any object I have ever translated angular momentum into, and the ability to grow and rapidly regenerate diamond-hard quills on my forearms.
Well my past is a little complicated but I guess I'll start with my Arena involvement. I was... not the first, but one of the first in the Arena, and the only one of that first group still alive today, so far as I know. I was owned by an unpleasant old b*****d, Avondale, who turned out to be a mutate himself. His actions near the end of the Arena and one of my last fights combined to give me limited levitation in addition to my 'inborn' abilities. I refused the cure when it was offered, and have stayed in the Arena's complex for the past four years, using the fortune I have access to as the heir to Abraxas Smith's corporate empire to turn it into a mutate-only underground city. If you were a mutate before the Arena shut down, you probably know where it is. All are welcome. Demonstrate your powers at the gates, be nice, stop by for tea if you like, if I see you attack someone else you will die..
Here's what I look like. Here I am, in monster and human form. I look basically the same regardless.

spartan309
My name is Alexander Grand, but most people just call me Shades.
And I am 18 years old.
I am in fact a Male.
People tend to tell me that I When I was younger I was very sheltered, being obedient, and kind. I used to be crazy and wild... back when I was a monster... Now I'm just a shell of my former self. I have emotions yes, but they're dull and I rarely ever show true happiness anymore..
When it was offered to me I did get the cure. I though that with the demon out I could live a happier life. I have the lifestyle with the money gained from being freed, but true happiness has yet to be gained...
My powers I used to be able to conjure blades from my arms, but not anymore...
Well my past is a little complicated but I guess I'll start with My life before the mutation. Everything was pretty much normal. I was bullied like a regular loser, treated like a loser, but was still loved by my parents. When I changed, my parents tried to help, but soon enough I was taken away to get "cured", only to become a slave to the vile Valliex. I did have a friend before I was bought. Her name was also Alex. I tried to help her with her powers, but then I couldn't help because I was bought. I actually formed feelings for her and still do feel those feelings for her. There were two others that were bought, Sierra and Sebastian. The two stuck to each others always, and I thought of them like family.

Soon, the whole charade was discovered and Val was put in prison, millions of dollars just given to me afterwords because of the whole ordeal. Then, the cure... A great amount of monsters actually kept their powers. However, when I was given the question, I said yes without any hesitation! I thought that I could start a new life without my powers! Maybe become happier. I haven't been happy in a long time. The last time I felt happy was with Alex and I haven't seen her in so long. I wonder if she forgot about me? I know I will never forget her. She was my only true friend...
Here's what I look like. Only Human

RosesOfDeathYetFullOfLife
My name is Sierra, but most people just call me That Freaky Girl.
And I am 21 years old.
I am in fact a Female.
People tend to tell me that I am way too open, and creepy since I always hear their minds...yet its not my fault. A lot of people think loudly, and lately they're so many...so many....to the point where most think I'm just insane..
When it was offered to me I did get the cure, however I gave it to a friend who experimented on it then gave it back and now it has an opposite effect.
My powers are telepathic as she can see into another's mind and memories along with other telepath side effects which are all quite high thanks to the friend's "cure".
Well my past is a little complicated but I guess I'll start with how I got here. When I was younger, all I ever knew was my adoption center. Never had a mother or a father...When I was able to talk all I said were people's thoughts, which scared them..I supoose..so they avoided me. No one ever adopted me, so when I turned 17 and they were required to get rid of me. They heard of the cure that place promised and dropped me off. They most likely will never come back for me..

After everything was discovered, I was freed but I wasn't able to make many friends. I had Shades, and I did meet that other girl...but the days of that place I'll never forget. I try not to tell anyone I want to go back to what it used to be...as many of them hate that place-for good reasons, of course! But...I...I was someone there. Or at least...a little bit...

After they let us free, I went to Sebby's place. While his device linked our brains, his body was at an underground base he made. Apparently he had his own cure for his body to stop destroying itself thanks to his own abilities. It took a full week without much rest to complete the process of connecting his body and mind back together and then Sebby had to remove that device from my own mind. When I heard of the cure, I hated it. I wanted to destroy it as it just reminded me how much they wanted to be free of us. Free of us like we're some vermin. Seb had a plan though and told me to get the cure for his experiments. I had to go through a lot to get the cure for myself and for them not to give it to me, but in the end I had it and gave it to him.

Sebby isn't one to have experiments without testing, so I became his test subject for his own version of the cure.....I blacked out for three days, and woke up by thoughts of Sebby thinking of me. "Seb..?" I called out..I had a voice, and everything else was fine. But, my powers were more and they are really hard to control now. My eyes used to glow when I would use my powers, yet now they never stop glowing since I can't turn them off like I use to. I wear sunglasses when it bothers others and I always have my headset on playing music so I don't hear them as loudly.
Here's what I look like. Don't mind the eyes.

My name is Sebastian, but shemost people just call me Sebby.
And I am 23 years old.
I am in fact a Male.
People tend to tell me that I can be rather controlling or 'bossy', as the causal term may be among the usual other humans, though I tend to be does not count that I am as that is no true trait of mine. Around her though, I am more calm more than anything and for everything we've been through I count myself as her brother....
When it was offered to me I did not get the cure, but I love experimenting with it.
My powers can easily make anything out of anything thanks to my more empowered brain; to which I use to invent things for the public or just go from there.
Well my past is a little complicated but I guess I'll start with Just like her I held no true family, it was a coincidence that we ended up in the same adoption agency as well. They thought they could easily put me into another family, another home....but they could not. Nor would I even know why they had tried to as it was a waste of both our times. Most young couples wanting to adopt wanted a boy who would be mostly their pet, one to dress up to go to school and do their chores. Yet I saw all their flaws, as each human has. I told them what they were, and they would soon forget even seeing my little face. As I grew older, I had become accustomed to my own world. One without a mother or father, not that I particularly needed them. After all, I had my education, what else would they give me would be as to some use to me? It was not until I was 12 did my body become very sickly. And later did I discover my human body was becoming no longer human but more..more then the human body could comprehend! It was because of my growth and my abilities that my body broke down. Weak little things...humans....However, luckily she was just like me. However, she was what was called a telepath. It is because of her I am alive today, however only thanks to a small chip I inputted within her. This chip being the device that connects my mind with hers by using my capabilities along with hers. Though I was able to pause my body's breakdown, and remain within hers, it seems the both of us were forced into this so called "cure". Believe me, even without my abilities would I see that the cure was fake all along. Atlas, she was forced to fight.

After everything was revealed and we were sent back to the 'real world', I made sure to send Sierra to my base. The time we spent there I used to my advantage as I caulcated my body's weaknesses and was also able to test a lot of these things. I developed my own cure for my body to be able to handle my engenious mind, and it took less then a week to connect ack my mind with my body. The only factor, however, is that my cure caused my body to have black veins which easily scar. I once had a cat before I left the arena and I had one of my robots feed it...but somehow the machine broke down and the cat clawed out my neck. Instead of naturally healing, the blood has started to make symbols instead and can be seen on my neck. Further studies of myself seem to be required...

It's been four years, and during which I am to report what a fool I've been. I treated Sierra like another lab rat, and now she's suffering more then ever. Her mind is far beyond thanks to me, yet...what thanks is there? She can no longer turn off her powers like before and as to constantly hear everyone. Her eyes, even, refuse to stop glowing which seems to be a side-effect on her powers....I've made sure to invent a pair of headsets for her, one to listen to her music and the other to block out the thoughts of others. Though, thanks to both and me, she rarely can hear much unless they're off yet when that starts she's overcome with thoughts...The only solution is temporarily, I must train her all over again to overcome her own self.

By the way, don't forget to stop by my shop~ I've just recently moved to New York and my shop will have its grand opening soon enough. I'll sell many inventions for the public, and perhaps requests as well. Though..don't push it.
Here's what I look like. Yes, yes.. fascinating..

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:46 am
White list
This is where you want to be. If I'm cool with you, your name shall end up here. heart

*Zelly-fangirl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:48 am
Black List
If your name ends up here, this is your warning to stop whatever behavior that got you put here in the first place. If you stop, in a week you'll be taken off this list. If you complain or argue with me about being placed here, you'll be booted immediately. Plain and simple.

*No one so far

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:49 am
heart heart heart Open! heart heart heart

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:01 am
As if Moses himself was parting the red sea, the constant crowd in Times Square shuffled out of the way, making a small gap as Adrian touched down in the center of the hustle and bustle of New York. Yeah, he still got those unsure glances, plenty of people not yet ready to give mutates like him a friendly smile, but he'd long since gotten used to it. Nestled between his wings rested his guitar, and hanging at his side was a duffle bag filled with a few days worth of clothes and other bare essentials. It was all he needed as he moved from town to town and city to city, and the life of a traveler had grown on him some. Lifting his sunglasses up to take a good look at the city, he craned his neck up to look at the towering buildings. This was one of the biggest cities in the world, positively jam-packed with people, but he'd already covered most of the US and this was one of the few places he had yet to look. Of course, if Amaya was here, it would take a miracle to track her down. With a sigh, he returned his sunglasses back over his eyes and hit the pavement, first looking for a place to stay and a place he could play at while he explored the city.  

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:11 am
A sigh escaped Amaya's lips as she blinked in the bright lights. She was on some morning talk show to talk about her book, and she had to get up early for it. Much earlier than she usually did anyway. People were putting make-up on her and attaching mics and what not. She just sat there while they did what they needed to do. It was about ten minutes of work before the camera's came on and the host was introducing her to the audience. Amaya worked through the introductions and all the beginning small talk before the questions started.

"So Amaya, you were in the cavern for four years, and your book goes over the time you spent there?" The host asked, seeming to lean forward a little in interest.

Amaya nodded, crossing her legs now as she readied herself to go through the conversation again. "Yes, the book covers the time that I was taken there, and then the time I served after being bought by Carl Northman. Before I tell the story I dedicated a chapter to my daughter's father, Damien, and a chapter to my boyfriend Adrian." She sighed, her hands folded calmly in her lap.

"You mention them both in the book, but have you reunited with Adrian since the day all of you were rescued from the caverns?" He asked.

Smiling a little, Amaya shook her head. "I haven't seen Adrian in four years. Not by choice, just by the fact that we never really mentioned our last names to each other, and it was hard to find other mutates when you get shipped half way across the country to different areas. He promised he'd find my daughter and I, and I trust that he will eventually." She answered, sighing inwardly as he nodded in response.

"You daughter is seven now, but she was born in the caverns and was three by the time you left. Does she ever talk about the caverns or does she not even remember being there?"

"Calista remembers very little about the caverns, except Adrian. She remembers him and asks about him around this time of year every year. I'm glad she doesn't remember the caverns, it's made it a bit easier to get her into school since she wasn't exposed much before she was old enough to remember." Amaya told him.

"I know you made it clear in the book that you have no desire to deal with becoming a spokesperson for the victims of the illegal ring you were a part of, but is there any scenario where you may take up that position?" He asked.

She shook her head, keeping herself under control even though she was annoyed. "I grew up with two parents in the military, they dealt with politics constantly and I hardly saw them. I've been a single parent for years now and I don't want to abandon my daughter to speak for something I just want to forget. I lost several years that I should have spent with my daughter because I was down there, so someone else can take that position, but I'm more focused on being a parent right now." She said.

"Well thank you for speaking with us today, and Amaya Kurokawa's book can be purchased at any bookstore near you." The host said, shaking her hand before he finished up.

Amaya nodded, and once her segment was over, she left the studio immediately. Snow was falling outside, it was the four year anniversary to the day, and though she was better, she still felt grief on the anniversary. She could at least walk on the surface again and feel the snow on her face, but she walked through the city streets, pulling her coat close to her to keep her warm.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:27 am
Cafes. Restaurants. Clothing stores. Adrian must have passed every store imaginable as he walked the streets of the cramped city. His wings twitched occasionally from the cold snow that landed on them, shaking them out every so often once the snow started to pile up. He watched his breath come out in rhythmic puffs before he stopped in front of an electronics store. Big screen tvs sat in the display window showing some talk show as they were want to do. He never paid these things any mind, but he was on the road--or rather in the sky--so much that he never really heard about recent news. He was about to keep going on his way when he realized just who the guest on the show was. His eyes widened as he hurried up to the window, pressing his hands against the glass as an ecstatic smile slowly spread on his face. "...Amaya...!" She was here! He still needed to figure out exactly where she was in the millions of people, but she was here! He was so close to finding her, he could almost feel her in his arms again. Backing off from the window, he took a few quick steps down the sidewalk before spreading his wings and freaking out the nearby bystanders as he took off into the snowy skies once more. Finding that tv station would be a good place to start, and finding a phone book would have been even better, but all he could think about was finally finding her.  

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:37 am
Exiting the subway, Amaya made her way towards Soho. She and Calista had an apartment there, though she wasn't ready to go home and be alone for several hours. Amaya usually wandered the city while Calista was at school, finding new places to hang out or places where she could write. Today she was feeling especially withdrawn, not wanting many people around, though she didn't want to be alone either. So she headed for a coffee shop near her apartment.

It was a small, cozy place. By then she was known well there and was allowed to hang out there for as long as she wished, though the employees knew she left around three everyday anyway to go walk Calista home from school. She took her usual seat in a dark corner, grinning a little at the irony that she had continued to do the same thing she did four years ago. Sit someone where people were but stay far away from them at the same time. Maybe things hadn't changed too much.

Still, she took out a book and let her tea cool a little while she read, having burned her mouth too many times to keep drinking hot beverages when she first got them.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:53 am
The winged silhouette that was Adrian's shadow moved across the ground below as he flew up and down the streets over the crowd, but realized it was getting him nowhere. Eventually he landed again, stopping for a moment to get out his guitar when he had an idea. If she was close, then he'd get her attention doing what he did best: singing. Around his neck was a thin chain with a clip attached, and from there he pulled a guitar pick which he had custom made from the tip of one of his horns. Gently strumming away, he began singing sweet Christmas songs as loud as he could as he wandered the streets, hoping--praying--that she'd hear.  

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:19 pm
By three, Amaya had left and headed off to Calista's school, standing outside waiting, some other parents standing nearby, also waiting for their children. She could hear someone singing Christmas songs somewhere nearby, though she was waiting for Calista to come out first. Finally, the doors of the school opened and kids began flooding out, many running out into the snow to go play.

Cali finally came out, running to her mother immediately and giving her a hug. "Mommy! I made an ornament today!" She announced as she handed her a small, handmade ornament.

"Hi Cali! Oh wow! This is beautiful! We should go home and put this on the tree immediately." Amaya laughed, taking her hand as they began walking home.

Cali skipped along as they walked through the snow, though as they passed a man singing Christmas songs and playing a guitar, she stopped to watch him. He seemed familiar to her, and she tugged on Amaya's arm, pointing to the man. "Mommy, do we know that man?" She asked, looking up at her mother.

Amaya stopped, looking at the man with little interest until she noticed he had horns...and wings...and was singing. She nearly dropped Calista's ornament, handing it back to the girl as she just stood there. It couldn't be Adrian, could it? "Adrian?..." She called softly, her legs refusing to move, her brain still trying to process that Adrian was possibly just a few hundred feet away.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:34 pm
Adrian stopped all together. He stopped walking, stopped strumming, and held the still vibrating strings as he looked over in the direction of the all too familiar voice. He just stood there, staring in wonder for what felt like an eternity. Was this really happening? Or was this a dream? He just saw her on tv earlier that day, and the only reason he was doing all this was because he knew she was here, but it still didn't feel real somehow. "Amaya....?" he said starting to take a few steps toward her when an ill-timed sneeze broke the mood and his wings shivered a bit, sending a few stray feathers fluttering down into the snow.  

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:39 pm
Memories of Adrian rushed back to Cali at that moment and she went running towards him, crashing into him to give him a hug, though she was still too small to knock him down. "Adrian! You did find us!" She shouted happily.

Amaya walked over and pried Calista off him, before resting a hand on his cheek, staring into his eyes as tears began to rise in her own. "Is it really you?..." Amaya whispered as she looked at him, hardly able to believe that he was standing in front of her.  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff