• Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:51 pm
User Image
Silly is you in a natural state,
and serious is something you have to do
until you can get silly again

Ah Chinese Food, how you make me eat more vegetables than I normally would with your deliciousness.

SO, we're all more or less lovers of food here. While eating (Reality: shoveling it into my mouth) my delicious dinner of various Chinese foods from the fast food version of Chinese food (Panda Express), I wondered. What is the ATG's favorite types of meals?

Personally I'm a very breakfast for dinner type of girl. You make me a dinner of pancakes, scrambled eggs, and some bacon, I'll marry you.

( ゚ヮ゚)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:56 pm
Every chance I get to make up a nice chicken and vegetable stir-fry over either white rice or vegetable fried rice, with a side of eggrolls or something similar, I'll take it. I enjoy that kind of food a lot more than most types of food just because it's simple, flavorful, and when I make, usually very heavy with vegetables, which I enjoy.  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Lobo-chan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:00 pm
Heehee. I'm a little overly fond of sweets. I just love baking and I love the taste of sweet things, so desserts would be my favorite food heart

Other than that? Sea food I suppose. You can never turn down good sea food! Except lobster... I don't like lobster because it's too rich.

Oh gosh, now I'm craving fruit soup. I need to learn how to make fruit soup so I can eat it! gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:25 pm
I have so many favourite meals. ninja

The city I live in is very industrial and kinda grungy, but we have so many mouth-watering food choices. emotion_kirakira There's been a tremendous influx of Chinese and Korean immigrants in the last 10 years. Not a big deal in many parts of the world, but keep in mind that this is Atlantic Canada: not a prime destination for Asian immigrants, probably because we're so ******** far away from Asia. So until relatively recently, most of us have been horribly deprived. crying (Having a Japanese grandmother left me better off than most of my fellow Maritimers, but only a little bit.)

I had bibimbap on Monday, and bulgogi and japchae and kimchi are all favourites as well.

I could eat potato salad (the home-made kind) just about every day. Forever.

Okonomiyaki, especially my grandmother's recipe, is delicious. I need to make it more often. The only Japanese restaurant in town only makes theirs with seafood, which doesn't appeal much. I prefer it with veggies or chicken.

Pho is great, since it's filling but isn't too rich or heavy. It's just delicious.

I make excellent vegetarian tacos, if I do say so myself. They're one of my favourite recipes.

Squash. I love squash. Spaghetti squash or butternut squash or acorn squash. Curried squash soup (exploding squash soup....) is great, too.

Pizza. <3 I love pizza. I tend to prefer thinner crusts, but my godmother makes an amazing deep-dish type of pizza that's to die for.

Donairs and poutine are both good, even if your body will absolutely hate you for eating them.

Pixie's curry is perhaps one of the best things I've ever eaten in my entire life. I blame this dish for getting me acquainted with tofu after 10 tofu-less years as a vegetarian. It's that good. Probably not authentic, but delicious.
I'm also a big fan of massaman curry.

Damn you, now I'm hungry.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:59 pm
The kind without artificial flavours, artificial colours, MSG in all its forms and names, preservatives, glutens, red meat, and so on and so forth.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:59 pm
I found a store where you can buy just a bag of MSG. Mmm mmm mmm, monosodium glutamate.  

Lobo-chan

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:13 pm
Kill those brain cells, gurl!

I'm pretty sure Ranch 99 carries those, too. Asian cuisine!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:48 pm
I bought henna and left. I may go back and see if they sell cans of eel, though... Mmmm, eel with the bones still in heart  

Lobo-chan

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:04 am
I love carbs. Rice (white preferably), any kind of pasta and noodles, and sooo much bread.

But in terms of actual meals, I tend to gravitate towards Italian and Filipino (though the latter is mostly because that's just what I was raised on) food. I can't say no to Dim Sum either (mmm Shaomai~).

Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games