Shazam?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:36 pm
So for any comic book nerds out there who know this or... well care, I just found out that they changed Captain Marvel's name to Shazam (yes I know, slow on the uptake here) but yeah... I think this is kind of stupid. Isn't Shazam the wizard who gave him the powers in the first place? Or am I wrong there? I'll admit I haven't read a lot of Captain Marvel comics but that's what I understood the back story to be. Anyway point being any thoughts on the matter?

For the non-comic book geeks, you may discuss the lameness of me putting this up LOL  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:43 am
What the!?

He calls upon the wizard's power to transform. D:

WHAT? You lie. YOU'RE A GOSH DARN DIRTY FOX LIAR-FACE.

8D

I only took a quick look at the redesign and hated it. He looked fine when painted (Kingdom Come, you so fine).

I don't like he has a cloak and hood. He looks like a mage instead of someone who is known to cross fists with Superman. D:  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Lobo-chan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:07 am
When I see the word "Shazam", I think of this old cartoon about two kids that have a genie and a flying camel named Kaboobi sweatdrop

Shazam!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:33 pm
Yeah not a fan of the hood either. It just... looks off to me. I dunno, I guess part of the reasoning for changing the name was that people remembered Shazam better? I dunno, it seemed stupid to me

I have to say Lobo, I don't think I've ever seen that show.  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:14 pm
Captain Marvel implied leadership qualities, this Shazam dewd looks like a wizard? A lightning wizard who -hides- his face. Captain Marvel had no need for such things, he's CAPTAIN EFFING MARVEL.

Oh well. As long as he can still potentially kill Superman... with his fists anyway. I'd rather not see him take out people like a Sith lord. D:<  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:16 pm
I don't think they changed anything really major to his storyline, I think they just changed his name and look. I'm pretty sure he can still punch Superman into oblivion heh heh heh  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:42 am
It remains to be seen WHAT else they've changed. Geoff John's take on it is that "most people know him by that anyway". rolleyes I don't like the hood, either. Actually, there's a pretty good comic on this: Shazam!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:21 pm
Oh yeah I saw that, thought it was freakin HILARIOUS! My boyfriend did too... after I explained some things to him, he's so cute when he knows nothing of comics. LOL  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:10 pm
WAHAHA, good link aretoo. :3

Captain Marvel es Captain Marvel.

Or Capitán Maravilla. (Don't know if that has a masculine form.) El oh el.  
Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games