Reply Community Lounge
Collaborative Fortune Telling

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:45 am
So, I asked a question and tried my hand on the I Ching after just reading about it for a bit. Not that I have much faith in the random toss of three coins six times, but, oddly, the ‘answer’ I got has been kinda relevant—that is if I can discern what it's trying to say:

Quote:
䷙ ➔ ䷑ ➔ ䷱

It's subject is in a position of peril; It will be advantageous for him to stop his advance. A son is dealing with the troubles caused by the father; If he be an able son, the father will escape the blame of having erred. The position is perilous, but there will be good fortune in the end. The cauldron will be overthrown and its feet turned upward; there will be advantage in getting rid of what was bad in it.

In time, the young bull will have pieces of wood over his horns, and there will be good fortune. But if the son views indulgently the troubles caused by his father, there will be cause of regret if he keeps going forward. Meanwhile, the cauldron will be overturned and its feet will be broken, and all its contents, designed for the ruler, will be spilt; The cauldron's subject will be made to blush for shame, and there will be evil.

Four significant subjects, here: the ‘subject’, the son, the father, and the cauldron.

Wanna help me brainstorm about what this could mean? In specific, it's a question about a child's growth.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:12 pm
I...have no idea, really. At all.

It's subject is in a position of peril; It will be advantageous for him to stop his advance.

The child should learn the lesson of "quit while you're ahead, if you know what's good for you. If you're not ahead, stop digging yourself deeper in the hole."

A son is dealing with the troubles caused by the father; If he be an able son, the father will escape the blame of having erred.

If the son isn't inept, he can smooth over the problems caused by his father. If he isn't so competent, not only will he have to deal with his dad's issues, his father will have to deal with the consequences, too.

The position is perilous, but there will be good fortune in the end. The cauldron will be overthrown and its feet turned upward; there will be advantage in getting rid of what was bad in it.

So, s**t be scary, but s'all good, bro. Bleed out the bad blood, or something. Even if things go badly, the child will turn out all right?

I give up. sweatdrop  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Deadcant_Closed

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:58 pm
I wouldn't mind taking a crack at this.

Quote:
It's subject is in a position of peril... etc

Those preceding the inquirer have left the current situation in a less than desirable starting point; however, if the inquirer can overcome this and break the molds of old habits for example the situation can turn out mutually beneficial and otherwise positive to all involved.

Quote:
In time, the young bull will have pieces of wood over his horns, and there will be good fortune. ... etc.

The current path and action taken thus far have proven successful. Becoming fixated on past events without cause or reason can and will compromise this though. It will seem overwhelming and the inflictions of this fixation will bleed into other facets of the inquirers life.  
Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games