Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Seventh Year Classes
History of Magic VII

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:18 am
History of Magic
Professor Grayson Powell

User Image

Grayson Powell had his feet propped up on his desk as he was seated reading yet another book. Next to his desk was a globe the size of a stove, while a stone tablet covered with hieroglyphics sat on the other side. A list of rules and expectations was listed on the chalkboard behind him, and two bookcases sat on either side of it brimming with books. He seemed totally engrossed with what he was reading, and didn't seem to notice any students filing in.

Rules of the Classroom
Do not come to class late.
No disruptive behavior, fighting, or swearing.
Do not interrupt lecture.
Raise your hand if you have any questions.
Please feel free to speak openly only when open discussions are permitted.
Come to class prepared with paper, quills, and a copy of A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot.
Failure to comply with these rules will result in loss of points and/or detention!

Class is scheduled for 11:00 AM to 11:45 AM every Monday.

((Note: The time for class is not the time you need to post))

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:22 am
Jessica Sassareth

Slytherin Prefect, Seventh Year

User Image Jessica walked into the classroom, surprised that she was the first to arrive. As she looked toward Professor Powell's desk, the first thing the redhead noticed was feet adorned by well-worn shoes. Stifling a chortle, Jess cleared her throat and greeted Grayson Powell, "Hello Professor Powell. I hope all is well with you. I trust you had a good summer."  

Skuld HJG

8,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:02 am
User Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Grayson Powell
History of Magic Professor
Former Ravenclaw

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Now where did I put that wand?

Grayson looked up in surprise. He wasn't expecting students, mostly since the previous years no one had bothered to come into seventh year classes. He blinked as he recognized the red hair and green eyes of the seventh year. He put his book down reluctantly, mostly because he'd found the subject highly interesting. "Good morning Miss Sassareth. I see that you're doing well. Well, mine was uneventful, for the most part. Got to go to Egypt to explore some old tombs with some of my old colleagues. Definitely worth the time, might I add." He looked around, deciding that he should start class. "All right. This year, we're going to cover review work for your NEWTs. You guys have been pretty good so far in this class, so this is mostly to prepare you for the exams you'll be having later this school year."

He stood quickly and went around his desk to lean against it as he regarded the classroom. "Okay, first of all, let's go over some things in your first year. The Chamber of Secrets used to house what within it's walls, and when was the creature destroyed?"

----------------------------------
State: Teaching
OOC: OMG, someone posted in the class and I actually get an opportunity for him to teach seventh years xd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:21 am
Jessica Sassareth

User Image Jess smirked at her professor, when he reluctantly put down his book. In truth, she understood. In several years past, books were Jess' only companion, and she herself had been reluctant to leave the stories behind to tend to other things.

The willowy redhead raised her hand, and when Powell nodded her way -- Jess began, "That would be the basilisk, which was dispatched by Harry Potter back in 1993. And if you have time, I would love to hear about your trip. Ancient Egypt always fascinated me."  

Skuld HJG

8,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:32 am
User Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Grayson Powell
History of Magic Professor
Former Ravenclaw

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Grayson nodded in response to Jessica's answer. He was actually pleased to see someone paying attention in classes. He was almost afraid that all of his time teaching had been ignored. "That is quite correct, Miss Sassareth. Thirty points to Slytherin, by the way, for actually coming to class. It was a basilisk that inhabited the chamber, and was used to try to kill muggleborns in the school. Harry Potter, along with Ronald Weasley's assistance, managed to destroy the snake before it could murder any students that year, but unfortunately, that didn't prevent it from killing before. What year did the basilisk manage to do that, and what house was the student in?"

State: Teaching
OOC: Gonna let people enter as they will, and just post whenever. It's review, so no one will be counted as late for this class.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:49 am
Jessica Sassareth

User Image Jessica smiled as she knew the answer -- especially since the redhead has met the girls' ghost in her second year, "That would be a Ravenclaw girl back in 1943. Her ghost is now known as Moaning Mertle, Professor."  

Skuld HJG

8,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:24 pm
User Image

Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
Seventh Year
History of Magic VII

It was nice to have his last classes be more calm and focused on review, it made for a much easier time and an even better chance for increased knowledge. Now they could discuss theories and philosophical motives behind ideas and situations throughout the history of the wizarding world. The professor seemed to be knowledgeable and fascinated in his own subject to give a nice style of feedback. As he started out simple enough Ronyo took the time to allow Jessi to answer and see how thing went about. They had started on the Chamber of Secrets which was well known by most people, even the ones who had not attended the History of Magic class. What was interesting to Ronyo was the idea of calling the two conflicts within the wizarding world, wars.

"Professor," Ronyo raised his hand just to give some measure of manners before he continued, "Why do we call the two wizarding wars, wars? I understand they were great time of conflict and turmoil in our history but only a few major battles ever really took place. At most I would say they were time of trouble with the occurring battles being calumniating events for each one. The first war didn't really even have a final battle, as the dark lord was simple done in by the rebound."

User Image

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:25 pm
User Image
User Image

Grayson strode into class, eager to teach one of his students for the last time. Well, she was graduating this year, and he hoped to have her prepared for NEWTs since she was taking them this year. Settling down with a book, he waited to see if she would show up or not.

State: Waiting
OOC: Your move, Essy XD

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:06 am
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold

User Image
Head Girl Annabelle Emery Rich
Seventh Year Seeker, Slytherin Prefect

Pristinely polished and porcelain as ever; Belle was blossoming into a mature and young adult, and, she was doing a bit better from her past two years, and the sudden alcoholic binge she’d been in a daze of for the better half of those years. This year, however, those natural misted eyes were clear with clarity—though colorblind—she could see the world painted as it was, and she knew exactly what she was going to do to get exactly what she wanted.

She’d have the best of both worlds, no matter what her father had in store for her. ”Good morning profesor,” she acknowledged with the subtlest inclination of her head, barely bouncing those wide sweeping curls as wanton eyes sized him up and down with a sly smile.

╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄══════════════════╗

Fashionably: Classy
Troubles: Patience

╚══════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 5:31 pm
User Image
User Image

Grayson looked up from his book, only looking slightly like a deer caught in in headlights as he blinked a bit at the young woman. He put his book aside and sat up in his seat. "Hello Miss Rich, Good to see you this morning. Since I think you are the only one in this class, perhaps we should go ahead and get straight to the lesson. Or, actually, it's more like a review for OWLs. Thirty points to Slytherin, by the way, for actually coming to class. Now, what was the year that Dumbledore defeated Grindelwald?"

State: Reviewing
OOC: Your move, Essy XD

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:36 am
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold

User Image
Head Girl Annabelle Emery Rich
Seventh Year Seeker, Slytherin Prefect

A sly smile had slithered upon her lips to find the almost disheveled professor being torn from his book and to be thrust into a lesson, that, she idly wondered if he had even really prepared for. She knew most students tended to drop this class after OWLS, but, she wasn’t one who had any intent on replaying her past, or letting history repeat. No, she’d be damned if she’d let that happen. Blinking, she tilted her head as her mind stretched to the farthest corners. ”It actually wasn’t too long ago, if I recall correctly… It was 1945, yes?”

╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄══════════════════╗

Fashionably: Classy
Troubles: Patience

╚══════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

Seventh Year Classes

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out