Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Room of Requirement (Suggestions, Help, and Useful Guides)
Need Roleplaying Assistance? Got Questions about Roleplay? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:43 pm
Okay, I know a lot of people in this guild know how to roleplay, and a lot more seem to think it'd be easy. However, not everyone has such an easy time doing it, and for some people, coming up with different characters can be a bit daunting, especially trying to make every character an individual.

That's where this thread comes into play. Here, you can post questions about roleplaying basics, character creation, and the like and someone can always get back to you about it. Need someone to help you iron out some things in your character, or need help with fleshing out your roleplaying style? Just post the questions you may have, and I will assist you as best I can.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:14 pm
Is written role playing similar to oral roleplaying, such as Dungeons and Dragons, or Buffy verse?  

chelsea-dakota

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:22 pm
A bit, actually. The big thing to remember is that one, you have to roleplay your character and your character only, and you have to remember that your character can't be good at everything, they need to have flaws. Actually, you took a very important step by coming here first, to ask these kinds of questions, since this is the place for them. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:43 pm
I was looking through some off the posts on other threads and noticed quite a few had pictures and other things in their replies. Do I have to use pictures?  

KCByrne

Newbie Gaian

1,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:45 pm
KCByrne
I was looking through some off the posts on other threads and noticed quite a few had pictures and other things in their replies. Do I have to use pictures?

No, you don't necessarily have to have pictures, you just need to make sure your name, year, and house are posted in your posts at all times. However, you can include a picture if you want to.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:28 am
Oh. Ok! Thank you.  

KCByrne

Newbie Gaian

1,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

GRN Representative

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:45 pm
Can I practice in here?

Diamond_Wales

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:55 pm
Sweetened Poison
Can I practice in here?

Diamond_Wales

Yes, you can, this is a place where you can practice, and if I think you might need a tip or two, I can give them if necessary :3 That's why I made the thread, after all XD  

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MatchInWater

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 12:02 pm
Diamond Wales

I just want to make sure so if I'm starting out in this guild do I have to start off as a 1st year (Being 12) and if so how long does it take for my RPC to move along or I guess 'Grow up'. I tried to find the answer to my question but I couldn't seem to find anything.  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 12:57 pm
MatchInWater
Diamond Wales

I just want to make sure so if I'm starting out in this guild do I have to start off as a 1st year (Being 12) and if so how long does it take for my RPC to move along or I guess 'Grow up'. I tried to find the answer to my question but I couldn't seem to find anything.

First years are 11 when they start out, and it takes around two years to 'grow up' in the guild, meaning to go from a first year to a graduate. Hope that helped!  

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MatchInWater

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 1:01 pm
Diamond Wales
MatchInWater
Diamond Wales

First years are 11 when they start out, and it takes around two years to 'grow up' in the guild, meaning to go from a first year to a graduate. Hope that helped!
I'm sorry 11 but it kind of answers my question. My question is mainly do I have to be a 1st year or can I apply somewhere for a different year?  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 1:09 pm
MatchInWater
Diamond Wales
MatchInWater
Diamond Wales

I'm sorry 11 but it kind of answers my question. My question is mainly do I have to be a 1st year or can I apply somewhere for a different year?

Please reference this thread as to why we do not allow new members to make students older than first year: Why Can't I Make A Fourth Year? *Stomps Foot*  

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MatchInWater

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 1:11 pm
Diamond Wales
MatchInWater
Diamond Wales
MatchInWater
Diamond Wales

Please reference this thread as to why we do not allow new members to make students older than first year: Why Can't I Make A Fourth Year? *Stomps Foot*
Thank you.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:17 pm
I see other people have a image of their character in every post. Do they enter the image every time? Is their anyway to have it done automatically?  

HERMESBlRD

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:53 pm
HERMESBlRD
I see other people have a image of their character in every post. Do they enter the image every time? Is their anyway to have it done automatically?

Hello! Welcome to the guild!

In answer to your question, most people code their formats and host the coding somewhere (I, for instance, have a personal guild with a subforum dedicated to my formats). They then copy and paste the format into their reply box.

There are also add-ons you can get for your browser, such as BetterGaia (I believe there are more but I don't use them personally so I'm not sure), where you can save a format and it will let you automatically apply it to a post. I personally don't use this for character formats since I have so many, but if you only have a handful it can be useful.

I hope this answers your question!

The Room of Requirement (Suggestions, Help, and Useful Guides)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games