Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Most Extraordinary Society of Potioneers
Jonathan Blythe (Potioneer)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:15 pm
The Office of Jonathan Blythe
Potioneer and Herbologist
Walk Ins Welcome!

Offince Hours: 8 am to 5 pm Monday, Wednesday and Friday
══════════════════════════════════════════

spaceBlythe's office is a small but comfortable space. The walls are lined with bookshelves on the subjects of Potions and Herbology, and there is a large desk towards the back of the room. On the desk lie two open books, One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi and Advanced Potion Making. Both books have various notes scribbled in the margins, outlining any of Blythe's thoughts on the properties of the plant or how to make the potion more effective. There are also various papers scattered all over the desk, many with notes on them as well, some with sketches of plants, many of which are labeled to show which portions of the plant are useful for what reason. Any space of the walls not lined in shelves and books is covered by photos of Jonathan's wife Natasha and daughter Adalaide. The top of the walls are lined with windows that let in just enough natural light for Jonathan to read by. When it isn't bright enough outside for the room to be lit by these, the room is lit by two tall lamps behind the desk. There is a large, comfortable chair behind the table, where Jonathan sits while reading and talking with clients. On the other side of the desk, there are two simpler but equally comfy chairs for clients or colleagues to sit in. While Jonathan spends most of his time working on personal projects, he is keenly aware that many people are not good at brewing and prefer to purchase potions when necessary. As such, he has shelves behind his desk which are lined, not with books, but with individual bottles of various brews which can be purchased. If someone comes in looking for something he doesn't have on hand, he is more than happy to brew the potion for their use.

spaceThere is a door on the left side of the office, leading to a small room, where Blythe brews his potions while at work, though he does most of his actual brewing at home. The room's walls are all lined with windows, and it has a muggy, damp atmosphere to ensure the health of the various plants that hang from the ceiling or grow from pots around the room. He keeps this miniature greenhouse present so that he always has fresh ingredients, and absolutely hates to use products he has purchased, preferring to grow them himself. There are several cauldrons of various sizes and structures, many of them holding various potions that are in the process of brewing. There are shelves and tables lining the walls, each covered in jars and vials of various ingredients. There is also a large board against the far wall, where Blythe's notes on his current project are written out. Currently, he is attempting to concoct a potion that will make the drinker immune to the effects of love potions. It seems an odd task, but his sister's husband has recently acquired a love struck stalker, and has been dosed by the potion twice already. Blythe realized that such occurrences weren't unheard of, and thought that, should one find themselves in a similar predicament, it might be nice to have a preventative measure to take.

spaceIn the main office, there is a large fireplace, tall enough for a grown man to walk into, and a mirror on the wall with a note tacked up beside it. It reads:

Quote:
If I'm not in my office or lab, please knock on the glass and call me. I'll arrive shortly via the Floo Network. I request that you not call me past the hour of 5 unless it is an absolute emergency. Although, should it be such an emergency, I might recommend that you take the afflicted to St. Mungo's rather than rely on a potion. If it's around 7 and you're looking for a consultation, feel free to stop by my home instead and join us for dinner. Customers and Colleagues are always welcome. You can Apparate to the front gate and walk up the path.

-Jonathan Blythe

((OOC))
Jonathan's office will be updated with him arriving to work on Mondays and him leaving on Wednesdays.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:41 pm
Jonathan Blythe is currently IN OUT.

Current Project: Blythe is working on a potion which makes the drinker immune to the effects of a love potion.
          Notes: Bezoars have the ability to counteract the effects of poisons, and Wolfsbane is a natural suppressent. Perhaps either of these might possess qualities which would make them helpful in preventing a love potion from working. The potion will also need to have the same basis as an actual love potion, so that the drinker will already have them in their system and thus be immune to its effects.

Current Customers: None at the moment.

Services offered:

Potions for Purchase:
Cleaning Solutions // Calming Draught // Coughing Cure // Deflating Draught // Swelling Solution // Doxycide
Elixir to Induce Euphoria // Felix Felicis // Flesh Eating Slug Repellent // Fire Protection Potion
Invigoration Draught // Mandrake Draught // Memory Potions // Murtlap Essence // Oblivious Unction // Draught of Peace
Pepperup Potion // Shrinking Solution // Skelo-Grow // Sleeping Draught // Strengthening Solution // Veriteserum
Unctuous Unction // Wit-Sharpening Potion // Wolfsbane Potion // Potion to Prevent Infection

Consultations and Commissions on Potions

Lessons in Proper Brewing of Potions

Lessons in Proper Care for Magical Plants

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:31 pm
Jonathan Blythe
Potioneer & Herbologist // Office // Wearing
═════════════════════════════════

User Image

At 9 o'clock sharp, the office's fire blazed green for a moment, and Jonathan Blythe stepped from the green flames into his office. Shaking his head, he sat down his briefcase and popped it open, pulling out his various notes and things on his current project. He waved his wand and the papers fell into several piles, and the open books on his desk flipped through their pages before landing on those he required, the Potions book to Amortentia and the Herbology book to Wolfsbane. He sat behind the desk and pulled out an inkwell and quill, reading through his most recent notes to catch the train of thought he'd been on the night before. Another wave of his wand altered a sign on the outside of the office to show that he was in office at the moment. After this was done, he settled in for work, dipping his quill in the ink to make another note on his paper.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:22 pm
Jonathan Blythe

User Image

After a few hours of perusing the books and making notes, Jonathan felt like he'd made a little headway on his project. Not as much as he'd have liked, but enough that he was satisfied with the result. Thus far, he'd come the conclusion that the potion would need to include a few ingredients used in the brewing of the love potion itself, as a sort of homeopathic remedy. Logically, if the substances were already in the drinker's system, they could not affect the drinker adversely upon consumption. However, to make the potion a suppressant rather than cause the same result, ingredients with a natural inclination to suppress magic would also be required. 'Tomorrow, I can start setting up a recipe, listing possible ingredients. Maybe start brewing if I work quickly enough. But I'll need to brew the cure as well... Maybe I'll do that first. Start a batch. That'll take a couple of weeks...' He waved his wand and his notes began organizing, stacking themselves and folding into drawers. His pages in his books marked themselves before closing. He'd agreed that, since he was officially taking this position, he would stop working at home. Spend more time with Adalaide and Natasha before Ada went off to school. And Nat wanted a second child... a boy this time, she'd said. He smiled. It would be nice to have a son. He opened a small box on the mantle, taking a bit of Floo powder from it, and tossed it into the flames. They burst green, and he stepped inside. "Blythe Cottage," and was whisked away, back to his home.

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:24 pm
Jonathan Blythe

User Image

At roughly 7 o'clock the next morning, the flames burned green, and Jonathan stepped out of the hearth. He ran a hand through his hair, sighing, and went straight to his brewing room. He wanted to get started on brewing the cure. 'Gotta get the first few steps done, leave it to cook. Then, while it's brewing, I'll work on figuring out the ingredients for the first couple of test potions.' He gathered the ingredients he'd need, doing a few calculations in his head. He got enough for four different batches. Each batch would produce enough for five doses... so twenty total doses. They would take a week to brew to completion, and then they'd each last a month. 'I have to keep the brewing process for the potion to a week, tops. Preferably shorter, so that I have a couple of days to work it out before I start brewing, but both are finished within a day of each other.' He got the first steps of the potions started before moving into the main office to start working on the recipe. For hours, he sat there, scribbling notes and crossing them out, flipping pages in his books and reading and rereading everything he'd written so far. When he was ready to go for lunch at noon, he thought he had a few promising solutions. They weren't quite ready to brew, but the basis was enough that he went to lunch with a clear head. He was able to stay out for an entire hour without his work distracting him. When he returned, he was perfectly refreshed and ready to work.

(( OOC: ))

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:54 pm
Jonathan Blythe

User Image

Hours later, Jonathan was tidying up his office, ready to leave. He'd gotten a lot of work done today. A couple of the recipes were completed, as well as getting an excellent start on brewing the cures. With any luck, he could spend tomorrow morning finishing the other couple of recipes and start brewing them tomorrow afternoon. 'Excellent work today. I can't believe how well things are going.' Normally it took him weeks to get this much work done... 'I never realized how much everything at home distracted me... This had probably been one of the best decisions he'd ever made. He smiled a little, still glad that he wouldn't be working tomorrow. They were going to Diagon Alley. An owl had come earlier in the day, telling him that Adalaide had gotten her Hogwarts letter today. They'd be shopping for her supplies tomorrow. He tossed a handful of Floo Powder into the fireplace. "Blythe Cottage," he said, stepping into the fire, and a moment later, he was gone.

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:10 pm
Jonathan Blythe
Potioneer & Herbologist // Location // Wearing
CURRENTLY WITH // His thoughts
CURRENTLY FEELING // Giddy, inspired
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'I hope that this works, that I can make Natasha feel better...'

User Image

Jonathan arrived in his office, whistling, and smiling at the same time, if that were possible. His eyes were bright, and he couldn't have been happier. Away from the home and his wife's regrettable morning sickness and other symptoms, he could think about her pregnancy as what it really was; a blessing. It was hard to remember that when he was watching her throw up all night and fetching her various potions to ease her symptoms, but there was nothing more joyful than bringing a child into the world, at least as far as he was concerned. And he was relieved that Adalaide was so happy about the baby as well. He'd been worried that she might react badly to knowing that soon she would no longer be an only child. But it seemed that she was ecstatic, which did a lot to relieve his tension. He just wished he could make Nat feel better... But why couldn't he? His eyes widened, and he wanted to slap himself for being so thick. He'd been giving her potions to try and relieve her symptoms... why not try and come up with something that would take care of all of them at once? Most potioneers were reluctant to attempt such potions, as it ran the risk of doing more harm than good, but his wife was a strong woman, and she'd already stated several times she'd do anything to make it stop... he couldn't completely take away her symptoms, as many of them were the effect of changes to her body that were necessary for her to have a healthy pregnancy... but he could cover them, could ease them. He'd just finished his work on the Immunity Potion for love (although he still had to name it), he needed a new project... This could be it! With that thought, he grabbed up his books and things, waved his wand to move all the notes from his previous project to a bin labelled 'Love Potion Notes' and got to work.

Most Extraordinary Society of Potioneers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces