Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Rejected Olympics - PAINTBALLZ!! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:30 am
The bacon bowl game is a total disaster! sad Totally glitchy game where your avi could be under or on top of the graphics at any time, people get stuck either laying down or on the hashbrown, and the point system is just stupid. Everybody's forced to stand around with no points so that one person can get points, and we all know how poorly that idea works on Gaia... and there simply aren't enough people thrown into one server to get any decent points even when people are working together fine.

Not to mention that this game is just plain... ugly. crying What were they thinking?

So far, my best score was 8. I heard one Durem teammate got 16, and another got 18. Most were getting 2 or 4. Nobody seems to have gotten an item from the game yet. The thought is that you need 20 to get an item but it doesn't seem like anybody's been able to do that. No new items have popped up in the marketplace yet from the Rejected Olympics 2k12, so I assume it's true that nobody's obtained it.

*EDIT: It's since been pointed out to me that although there are 5 games with a total score of 100 (20 points each game), there are only 4 items to be awarded! So perhaps this game doesn't come with an item?

This is from a Durem player... I can't even tell you how rough it must be for Gambino. I'm seeing games with one, two, or three people in the Gambino lanes. The maximum points they can get is 4. I don't even wanna try this game on my mules... eek  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:37 pm
Okay, I'm now told that there is an item, and it is a team jacket (Rejected Olympics 2k12 Olympian Jacket) which is awarded at 20 points. It still hasn't shown up in the marketplace, so it must be really hard to get.

I don't know why there's only 4 items on the event page... weird.

Codemonkey is apparently working on fixing the point system (perhaps awarding points to all team members, or perhaps increasing the amount of points earned or lowering the requirements?).  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:53 pm
Assuming it just came out, I'm praying Gaia is doing their best to fix it up at the moment. As I saw this post I meant to try it out.... all I can say is emotion_facepalm
Its broken up pretty bad right now, everyone is just stuck on bacon while I'm standing afk on the hashbrown.

Now that you point it out, I'm kinda curious about the 4 items when there are 5 games as well. o.O  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:56 pm
Kyuui Kiwi
Assuming it just came out, I'm praying Gaia is doing their best to fix it up at the moment. As I saw this post I meant to try it out.... all I can say is emotion_facepalm
Its broken up pretty bad right now, everyone is just stuck on bacon while I'm standing afk on the hashbrown.

Now that you point it out, I'm kinda curious about the 4 items when there are 5 games as well. o.O

Yeah, somebody in the Awesome Mature Gains guild mentioned it as a possible theory that maybe this game has no item. That turned out not to be the case, but it's still a puzzle!

This is what the Olympian Jacket looks like (assuming he doesn't change - this is a direct link of the winner's avi):
User Image
Darc Nighgale

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:59 pm
Ned-san

Yeah, somebody in the Awesome Mature Gains guild mentioned it as a possible theory that maybe this game has no item. That turned out not to be the case, but it's still a puzzle!

This is what the Olympian Jacket looks like (assuming he doesn't change - this is a direct link of the winner's avi):
User Image
Darc Nighgale

It looks kinda funny. lol  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:02 pm
Kyuui Kiwi

Doesn't matter how it looks, when you put that much effort into getting it! lol! I'd be proud to wear it anyways. rofl  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:05 pm
Ned-san
Kyuui Kiwi

Doesn't matter how it looks, when you put that much effort into getting it! lol! I'd be proud to wear it anyways. rofl

Of course I still want it! I try to get as many event items as I can. But then I just shove them in the storage. rolleyes
Hehe I found the thread you got your info from.

**Side Note: Whenever you quote me I get like 2+ notices for the same thing. What's up with that? XD  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:07 pm
Kyuui Kiwi

**Side Note: Whenever you quote me I get like 2+ notices for the same thing. What's up with that? XD

It's because my quotes are doubly more important than others. wink  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:09 pm
Ned-san

It makes me feel special and loved. 4laugh

I think its a lost cause for Durem at this point. I barely play the games anymore other than to get items now.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:10 pm
Kyuui Kiwi

Of course I still want it! I try to get as many event items as I can. But then I just shove them in the storage. rolleyes

I guess that's why I have mules. I love event items and I like to keep them, but I also enjoy selling them when they're still hot. So I keep one, two, or more on whichever accounts they look best on, and sell the rest. xD  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:11 pm
Kyuui Kiwi
Ned-san

I think its a lost cause for Durem at this point. I barely play the games anymore other than to get items now.

Yeah, I feel sorry for Durem. But there's so many more members on Durem's team! I guess that's why we're behind, because the town score is an "average". So many members seem to be diluting our average.

But it sure gives us an advantage in games like this one, doesn't it? 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:15 pm
Ned-san
Kyuui Kiwi
Ned-san

Yeah, I feel sorry for Durem. But there's so many more members on Durem's team! I guess that's why we're behind, because the town score is an "average". So many members seem to be diluting our average.

But it sure gives us an advantage in games like this one, doesn't it? 3nodding

Hehe surprisingly I didn't really consider selling the ones I earned on my mules but I should. Except for the scarfs, they are the same items I guess. :3

And yeah, there's no way we would be losing this bad if it was not by averages. As someone else I heard put it, because we're so large and people were expecting Durem to win, we got loads of "deadweight." What a shame...*Jumps back to Barton for next event* Haha just kidding.

Yes, we do have an advantage for games requiring lots of players however that also requires more teamwork, which for the most part we don't have. wink Plus these games are way slower in terms of earning points. But sometimes its nice to just talk to the people around.  

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:17 pm
Kyuui Kiwi

Hehe surprisingly I didn't really consider selling the ones I earned on my mules but I should. Except for the scarfs, they are the same items I guess. :3

And yeah, there's no way we would be losing this bad if it was not by averages. As someone else I heard put it, because we're so large and people were expecting Durem to win, we got loads of "deadweight." What a shame...*Jumps back to Barton for next event* Haha just kidding.

Yes, we do have an advantage for games requiring lots of players however that also requires more teamwork, which for the most part we don't have. wink Plus these games are way slower in terms of earning points. But sometimes its nice to just talk to the people around.

Hehe... I guess people are role-playing the Durem mentality too much. Every man for himself! lol. xD

I bet them goody-two-shoes Bartonites are showing good selfless teamwork. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:21 pm
Ned-san
Kyuui Kiwi

Hehe... I guess people are role-playing the Durem mentality too much. Every man for himself! lol. xD

I bet them goody-two-shoes Bartonites are showing good selfless teamwork. sweatdrop

I bet they are. T^T. That's why I'm also torn between Durem or Barton.  

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:25 pm
Kyuui Kiwi

I bet they are. T^T. That's why I'm also torn between Durem or Barton.

Not me - I'm a demon. Durem embraces me, Barton won't accept me. wink

Mind you, even though my main account is Durem I have two working for Barton... sweatdrop Spies! Yes, that's what they are! Spies!  
☆ Word Games

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff