Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
Finsbury Park ~ London Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:01 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          ♥ John Hallwyd ♥
                                                          Looking Free at Finsbury Park with Tassy
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Excited
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ This should be so much fun! ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

єνєяу тιмє ι ¢ ℓ σ ѕ є му є у є ѕ ι нєαя уσυя f α ν σ я ι т є ѕσиg ♫ ♪ ♫xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          тєℓℓιиg мє и σ т т σ я υ и , иσт тσ ω σ я я у α и у м σ я є ♫ ♪ ♫xxxxxxxxx
                                                          ι ¢αи нσℓ∂ σи т ι g н т тσ и σ т н ι и g вєттєя тнαи тнє яєѕт ♫ ♪ ♫xxxxxx
                                                          ѕσ ιт'ѕ и σ ω σя и є ν є я м σ я є ♫ ♪ ♫xxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceDeirdre smiled as Tassy read her mind on the subject of hopefully earning some cash. She wasn't really intending to spend it right away, but she should've known Tassy would go that way. Hopefully it wouldn't end quite as embarrassingly as it did the last time, though. She'd gotten a little out of hand that time... thankfully it'd just been the two of them, in her flat. Not out in public, and not surrounded by people who'd never let her live it down. Of course, the chances that she'd remain so lucky were slim; Tassy kept trying to get her to come out with her friends. Thus far, Dee had managed to avoid it... but honestly she sort of wanted to go. Provided it didn't end in some ridiculous disaster.

spaceThe guitarist grinned and dropped to her knees, unlatching her case and taking her new baby out, grinning widely. Her Christmas gift from Johnny; he'd caught her staring at it before the holidays. She hadn't gotten to play this particular guitar out in public just yet. Honestly, she wasn't used to even having more than one. But her old one was a bit beat up, she'd admit it, and this one was just oh, so pretty. She threw the strap over her shoulders, leaving the case open on the ground in front of her, and stood, glancing at her friend, expression thoughtful. "Hm, I'm not sure the crowd's prepared for funkalicious this early in the day," she said with a chuckle. Not only that, funkalicious wasn't always, erm, appropriate, for younger crowds, and there were several kids milling about. She pursed her lips for a second, strumming experimentally (and took a second to sigh happily at how very pretty it sounded). "Not slow, though. Slow's no good for mornings. How about... uh..." She picked her strings a little, playing the first few notes of The Leaving of Liverpool. They could get into some more popular genres later, but folk music was always a good way to start a day... even if it wasn't technically classical folk music.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx♫ ♪ ♫ ωє αℓℓ, ωє αℓℓ, ωє'яє gσииα в є α ℓ я ι g н т
                                                          xxxxxx♫ ♪ ♫ ωє gσт, ωє gσт, ωє α ℓ ω α у ѕ gσт тнє fιgнт ι и υ ѕ
                                                          xxxxxxxxx♫ ♪ ♫ ωє αℓℓ, ωє αℓℓ, ωє'яє gσииα ℓ ι ν є т σ и ι g н т
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx♫ ♪ ♫ ℓιкє тнєяє'ѕ иσ т σ м σ я я σ ω '¢αυѕє ωє'яє тнє α f т є я ℓ ι f є

(( OOC: ))
                                                          Figured it's a music festival, should link the songs they're playing X3

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:07 pm
User Image
                                                    Woke up in London yesterday
                                                    Found myself in the city near Piccadilly
                                                    Don't really know how I got here
                                                    I got some pictures on my phone

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════

Uɴɪᴠᴇʀsɪᴛʏ Sᴛᴜᴅᴇɴᴛ |♝| Mᴜɢɢʟᴇ |♝| Fᴜᴛᴜʀᴇ Dᴏᴄᴛᴏʀ

════════════════════════

Michael sighed as he enjoyed the warm weather in the park. University had been kicking his arse, and this was a perfect opportunity to take a break from it all. Besides, his brother had sent him a letter saying the same about his school, and Michael almost wished that the two could maybe go out together to the music fest. Almost. Guaranteed Jeremy would try and do some sort of magic act and probably rob people blind while he did it, which Michael found distasteful at best. Thankfully, his brother was still at school, so he didn't have to deal with the idea of his brother causing issues. Blazer over his shoulder, Michael decided to wander around for a bit. Maybe something would catch his eye and he could become interested in it? Or one of the performers out could play something? Though, arguably, he doubted he would find anyone magical here. After all, this was a quite muggle affair. No wizards or witches here, right?

════════════════════════
                                                    Thinking: Nice weather, too bad I have finals coming up and can't get out again like this for a while...
                                                    OOC:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

New names and numbers that I don't know
                                                    Address to places like Abbey Road
                                                    Day turns to night, night turns to whatever we want

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:47 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          ѕιηgℓє
                                                          Looking Sweet at the Festival with Aster and her parents
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Excited
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ This is so awesome! ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

I'∂ gινє тнє c н α η c є I'νє g σ т ✿ ✿ ✿xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          Aη∂ gινє α ℓ ℓ м у ℓ σ ν є тσ уσυ ✿ ✿ ✿xxxxxxxxxx
                                                          I ∂ση'т к η σ ω мυcн 'вσυт α η у т н ι η g ✿ ✿ ✿xxxxxx
                                                          Tнαт у σ υ ' ∂ нανє м є ∂ σ ✿ ✿ ✿xxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spacePamela giggled as she followed after her best friend, watching the other girl basically shove her way past people who were typically at least twice her size. Well, Aster never was one to let anyone else get in her way. And if someone did get in her way, she was quick to push right through them. Pam, being Pam, told each and every person Aster shoved past 'Excuse us,' giggling all the while. "You're gonna knock someone over, Aster," she told the other girl with a faint laugh. The Frey parent's exasperation with their daughter only heightened her friend's amusement over the fact that Aster was basically a tiny bulldozer.

spaceWhen asked what color she wanted to get her face painted, Pam's eyes went wide. She hadn't even thought of that! But there were always face-painters at these kinds of events, without fail. Sure enough, a couple of older kids walked past, one sporting a dragon curling around his eyes, and the other with some strange tribal looking symbols covering the entire left side of his face. Pam ooooh'ed faintly as she watched the pair, then she turned to her friend with a wide grin. "Uuuuh, I dunno! I guess purple and yellow to match my outfit?" she mused, expression showing that she was clearly giving this very careful consideration. What if someone took pictures? Did Aster's parents have a camera on them? Even if they didn't, they surely had their phones, which had cameras, and surely this was the sort of thing they'd take pictures of. Plus, there were also usually photographers at these events, and the pictures would get posted online after the fact, and they'd be able to go on the website and see them. If that happened, she wanted to make sure her facepaint matched her outfit. "Ooooh, maybe I'll get a daisy! Or a lily!" she declared, probably surprising no one. By the end of the day, it'd be a miracle if the girl wasn't wearing a flower crown and tossing flower petals at everyone.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx✿ ✿ ✿ I ∂ση'т c α я є мυcн 'вσυт α η у т н ι η g
                                                          xxxxxx✿ ✿ ✿ 'Cєρт ƒσя тнє ℓ σ ν є ιη у σ υ я н є α я т
                                                          xxxxxxxxx✿ ✿ ✿ W н σ α м I ? W н σ α м I ?
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx✿ ✿ ✿ Bυт α ѕ σ υ η ∂ σƒ т σ м σ я я σ ω

(( OOC: ))

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:37 pm
User Image
•·.··.·• •·.··.·•´ Suzie MacEacharin •·.··.·• •·.··.·•´
ρяσυ∂ sqυιв
ρυяєвℓσσ∂ 19

Calling all my girls
There's an SOS tonight
Let's have some fun, yeah
One hundred percent
Every single trace of my weekdays are gone, yeah

Suzie sprinted through the park, jumping around like she was in the middle of some dance. She was just a tiny bit hyper, not that it was really too strange forever. That was simply the way she was. A little bit crazy. The second Suzie had heard about this music festival and instantly jumped at the chance. She couldn't be more thrilled to have an excuse to get out of those house and act like she was four years old for a while. Not that she didn't always. She had dragged Ruth out of the house because she needed a companion. They could also use some sister, squib, bonding time. It wasn't there fault they'd never had been to Hogwarts and couldn't do any fancy magic but it was just fine for her, or she kept telling herself. She ran faster and then did I sudden cartwheel, just for the heck of it. This certainly was going to be fun!

I got my best on
And I feel like dancing all night long
Nothing's gonna stop me
You're what I want
So, baby, come and get me
'Cause I don't wanna dance alone!

{OuterOrbitCamels:}

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:03 pm
User Image
Music is the strongest form of magic.
But when you get music and words together,
that can be a very powerful thing.

User Image

User Image Singleish | Worker at Lilting Lyre/Performer | Musical Artisan

Tassy watched with building excitement as Dee got out her new guitar still in aw of the beauty of the instrument. It wasn't one of her designs but she could appreciate it nonetheless. When she had told her how she acquired the instrument she had ooo'd until the other woman practically smacked her black and blue but it was definitely to perfect courting gift. Or pre-pre-engagement gift. Whichever at this point really. Even though she had only met the man in passing and not actually given her two cents. It was like she was trying to avoid a group up of her friends, her, and Johnny. Which she could understand if it was just her trying to drag her drinking with Chalmes and Les, the musician was an hilarious lightweight guaranteed fun. But she wanted to investigate this guy who was slowly worming his way into his friend's heart, it was a right! It was like, on the Best Friend Declaration in paragraph one of subsection two. But she was willing to wait. She'd get there eventually.

At her comment about the crowd not being ready for funk Tassy giggled but agreed eyeing the younglings crowding around with their missing teeth and painted faces. It was all so adorable and nostalgic she just wanted to coo and pinch their chubby cheeks. She realized that was creepy on epic proportions so she decided to hold in those urges until Tanna's twins and Cyd's baby was here to do it to her newest niblings. The bright side to all these babies was that it tore her mum's attention away from her about settling down and getting serious with someone to start a family. As long as there was a baby within reach she was home free! Coming out of her thoughts to the sound of strumming, she turned to her friend as she worked out a song for them to run through before finally picking one. It took her a few seconds to figure out the tune but when she did she chuckled not at all surprised by the folk theme and fiddled away with her violin. She was a born and bred Scott, fiddling was practically in her blood! As they played she could see a small crowd ebbing and flowing around them probably on their ways to look around the different stalls as well as a few coins being throw into their empty cases. When the song ended with her short string lift she grinned brightly and took her short bow with her friend before turning to her expectantly. "Nice choice! And the new guitar sounds amazing beeteedubs." Tassy added with a knowing look. She bit her lip thinking of one they could do next that they both knew while she plucked absentmindedly at her blue instrument before making an "aha!" sound and starting with something still old but they could still have a lot of fun and began the first chords of If I Lose Myself. She could bet that maybe the adults would remember the song but definitely no one under twenty.

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

{Wearing: Performance Ready } {Where: Finsbury Park} {With: Dee} {Feeling: Excited} {Thinking: Can't wait!}

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:34 am
Let's say sunshine for everyone.
But as far as I can remember-
We've been migratory animals...
Living under changing weather.
Someday we will foresee obstacles.

User Image
A S T E R I A
C E C I L Y
F R E Y

asterage tenmuggleborn

Aster looked proud of that warning. "Good." People didn't now how to walk anymore, it seemed. She had the same problem at school, where she admittedly had difficulties staying in a line behind her fellow pupils without brashly cutting ahead. She craned her neck trying to get a better look at the pair of older boys that went by. She wanted a dragon on her face, too. Or a wolf. Or anything cool, really. Looking like a zombie would be wicked. Or a skeleton, but she didn't think her mum and dad would go for that sort of thing. Well, when she was old enough she was going get something like that tattooed on her. Then they'd regret babying her so much.

"You always wear purple and yellow," Aster pointed out. "But you should get daisies all over your face." Lilies were boring, adult flowers. People had them in their houses, people her parents were friends with, and she'd grown to hate the smell of them. They were much closer to the face painting stand now, and Aster whirled around to make 'hurry up' gestures at her parents, who'd been going at a much more sedate pace behind them, holding hands. Ew. Why did they always have to act like that in public? It was pretty obvious they were married, there was no need to broadcast it.

She bounded into the seat that was reserved for those wanting to get their faces painted, and looked at the older woman doing the painting, who seemed around the same age as her mother. "A blue dragon," she said determinedly. "It should have a lot of spikes." The woman looked to her parents for confirmation, whom nodded. Aster balled up her hands in fists in her lap and closed her eyes tightly, trying not to fidget the moment she felt wet paint on her.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

Through the blizzard, through the blizzard...
Today we will sell our uniform!
Live together, live together-
We played hide and seek in waterfalls;
We were younger, we were younger.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:23 pm
Well, she wants to get in-
And she wants to get out,
But the city, it calls her name...
And the scars that she hides;
With those stars in her eyes,
Like the echoes, they're all the same.

User Image
rυтнveɴ
lιlιαѕ
мαceαcнαrιɴ

pυreвloodѕqυιвтecн geekѕιɴgle

Ruth let Suzie lead the way, rolling her eyes good-naturedly. Of all her siblings, she and the nineteen year old were probably the closest, or should have been, anyways, seeing as neither of them were magic. They did have drastically different personalities, and there was a five year gap between them, but now that they were older, maybe it wasn't so much of a distance to bridge anymore. She hoped not. She was trying to work on her relationships with her siblings. She was twenty four now, after all, and she wasn't going to be living at home forever. At least, she hoped not. She was working up to it. Finding a place near Hogsmeade was hard, and she didn't want to live in a wizarding community and be completely isolated from her normal, muggle friends. Or be known as the town squib. She still despised that word. She halted, surprised, as her sister showed off some acrobatic talents. "What are ye, trainin' fer the circus?" she grumbled, but her eyes were smiling. She did enjoy music festivals, even if this one was absolutely infested with kids. She'd grown up surrounded by kids, she worked in a place where kids were constantly shopping... It would have been nice to not have to look out for hyper little tots. Then again, Suzie was just as crazed as some of them, so it wasn't that different at all. While her younger sister looked literally like a rainbow, in her colorful dress, Ruth was decked out in black and white, which truth be told, she was a little warm in, but oh well. She was used to dressing for cold Scottish weather, and this was London. It could rain any minute, even if it was warm and sunny right now.

OOC:
Username

Well, she's sick of this town,
And the walls of this house,
But her pride just won't let her see...
That when she swears that she's made-
With a heart that won't break-
She could be dead but she'd still believe,
That it's all been done before.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:48 pm
User Image

Rocco Hinton

Law Student

American Muggle

Rocco walked along the grass, his hands in his pockets. It was nice to get out once in a while, and it was a much needed break from all his studies. He loved going to school here and all, but it was so much work (as expected) and he got tired out of it very quickly. He didn't really know anyone here so it wasn't like he could just go out and hang with some friends. In fact, it seemed like people here were a bit bitter towards him. Probably due to the fact that he was American. Or because he was black. He didn't think racism was that prevalent over here, but hey, what did he know? He sighed, taking a seat under a large, shady tree, and leaning back. Music had already started playing, and that was nice.

He was a big music fan when he was back in the States. Old school hip-hop, mostly. Being here kind of didn't give him much time to focus on music, though, so he was in the dark when it came to what was new and well-received. He looked around, wondering if there was anyone interesting around. It was Europe, after all.

Quote:

OOC: (Open for interaction!)

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 8:13 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                          ♚ ▬ ♛ ▬ ♜ ▬ ♝ ▬ ♞ ▬ ♟

After a less than exciting day at school, Monika's sitter decided to spend the rest of the day at the park, for some reason. Moni would have much rather spent the rest of the day at the city library, of course, but she needed some fresh air every once in a while. Most of the time, she was cooped up inside the apartment, reading, studying, doing homework or even extra credit work when she was bored. There wasn't much else to do, after all, and she enjoyed the work.

As they approached the park, Monika looked to her sitter, who went off on her own to sit on a bench, leaving the eight year old to fend for herself. Well, that was one way to force socialization onto a child. Moni walked towards the playground, clutching her book to her chest. There were several kids there, playing and laughing with each other. Some were playing Tag, others were climbing the slide like they weren't supposed to do, while a few were trying to go down the slide properly, which caused an obvious conflict of interests.

There wasn't anyone on the swings, though. They appeared peaceful enough for her to get a few chapters in. Monika took a seat on one of the swings and opened her book. She got it from the library the day before, and she was already halfway finished with it, which was fairly typical for her. Slowly rocking the swing, she swayed and began to read.

♙ ▬ ♘ ▬ ♗ ▬ ♖ ▬ ♕ ▬ ♔
FUTURE HOGWARTS STUDENT xxxx
MUGGLEBORN AGE 8 xxxxxxxx

All my life, there was just me and my dreams. And the days went ticking by, like the beat of my heart.
                                                          Spend my nights wondering how it would feel when the waiting would end and tomorrow would start.
                                                          Suddenly I see a light. Out of the darkness I'm coming alive. This how it feels, reaching for heaven.
                                                          Is this how it feels kissing the sky? This what it means, touching forever. Like a phoenix rising from the flames.

x x

King Beardly

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 2:53 pm
User Image

User Image

eιgнт yearѕ old │ ғυтυre нogwarтѕ ѕтυdenт

Jameson walked through the park with his dad and his little brother, Caden. It was a nice day outside, but in all fairness James thought every day was a nice day. Or maybe he just didn't notice the bad ones. Whatever it was, it was all too much thinking for the young boy at the moment. His father had decided that it would be a good day for his sons to go out and play; the park was one of the best places to do it. James personally loved climbing trees and teaching Caden to do the same before their dad yelled at them to get down. It's dangerous, he always said. Well, doing dangerous things was fun! Dad always spoiled all the fun.

Anyway, while they were walking through the park, their dad had decided to bring a frisbee with them, and wanted them both to play. He didn't mind, he liked playing that, but he knew Caden would rather read books and dumb stuff like that. It wasn't that books were dumb, they just required a lot of effort to read all those pages and big words.. he felt that Caden was a lot smarter than him. Speaking of books, he noticed a girl around his age reading one! It had been such a long time since he had seen someone his age here; they were always either much older or much younger. Other than his brother, of course. But that was his brother!

He walked towards her, hearing his father calling him back but then sighing and deciding to take Caden with him instead. "Have fun, then.." he heard his father call and hopped up on the swing next to the girl. "What'cha readin'? he said with a grin. He probably wouldn't know what it was, anyway, but maybe! He'd seen some of the books in Caden's room. "Name's James, by the way! Well, it actually is Jameson, but James is shorter and better!"

OOC:

The Shiny Furret

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 9:34 am
User Image

User Image
                                                          ♚ ▬ ♛ ▬ ♜ ▬ ♝ ▬ ♞ ▬ ♟

Monika flipped another page, reading silently. She was enjoying this book so far. At first, she wasn't sure if she would, because if the childish image she imaged it to have. However, it was proving to be quite the read. Suddenly, there was someone sitting next to her. She looked over and found a boy, about her age if she had to guess. He was smiling at her, and asked what she was reading. "The Tale of Despereaux." she replied, holding up the front of the book for him to see the cover. He introduced himself as James, short for Jameson. Well, he seemed nice enough, she figured. "My name is Monika," she said, " but my dad calls me Moni sometimes."

She never was good at making friends. She was terrible at it, but she never knew what to say to people. Most kids her age liked to play outside and be with others, while she was fairly content with just sitting by herself with a book. "Have you ever read this book before? It's really good so far," she asked with a smile.

♙ ▬ ♘ ▬ ♗ ▬ ♖ ▬ ♕ ▬ ♔

All my life, there was just me and my dreams. And the days went ticking by, like the beat of my heart.
                                                          Spend my nights wondering how it would feel when the waiting would end and tomorrow would start.
                                                          Suddenly I see a light. Out of the darkness I'm coming alive. This how it feels, reaching for heaven.
                                                          Is this how it feels kissing the sky? This what it means, touching forever. Like a phoenix rising from the flames.

x x

{ooc: sorry this was such an awkward post. D:}

King Beardly

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 11:55 am
User Image

User Image

He kicked his legs back and forth on the swing to push himself a bit, shaking his head when she asked him if he had read it. He didn't have the attention span to read any books.. recreationally, at least. "Nope, I haven't. Maybe my little brother has, though. He reads a lot." He leaned forward a bit, to get a better look at the cover of the book. "Is it about a mouse or something? Does he go around eating cheese and stuff?" he said with a light giggle. He didn't know much about mice, but he did know they liked cheese.

He had almost forgot what his dad had told him to say after meeting someone! "Oh, uh, and it's nice to meet you Moni! That's a good name." Of course, he definitely wasn't the expert on good and bad names, but he supposed that Moni, short for Monika, was a good one.

OOC:

The Shiny Furret

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 1:33 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                          ♚ ▬ ♛ ▬ ♜ ▬ ♝ ▬ ♞ ▬ ♟

Monika began to sway forward and back on her swing again, going back to her reading. She still acknowledged James talking to her, though. Multitasking wasn't exactly difficult for her. "You should read it, then. It's a good book," she said. He asked if the book was about a mouse who went around eating cheese. Moni laughed at his question, shaking her head. "Not exactly. It's about a tiny mouse with big ears who likes to read. He wants to be a knight and have a happily ever after. There's also a rat, a princess, and a servant girl," she explained. Thus far, her favorite character had to be Despereaux. She was always a sucker for the heroes in the stories she read. "I think there's a movie based on the book too. I haven't seen it, though," she added. Monika liked watching movies with her dad, when he was home. Other than that, she never found the time to watch them. "So where do you go to school? I go to the City of London Girls School," she asked.

♙ ▬ ♘ ▬ ♗ ▬ ♖ ▬ ♕ ▬ ♔

x x

{ooc:}

King Beardly

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 3:11 pm
User Image

User Image

He kept swinging back and forth, going a little bit higher with each push but not high enough to not be able to see her and talk to her. "Hmm, maybe." It was hard to believe he'd ever read in his spare time, although he was sure that his dad would like it. But from the sound of it, the book was like one of those medieval stories with knights, princesses, kings, queens, castles and dragons. He always thought those kinds of stories were cool. "I've never heard of a mouse being a knight before. I've heard of a rat being a cook before, but, a mouse being a knight? Never, nuh uh, never." Of course he was referencing that Disney movie that came out around 20 years ago. He couldn't exactly remember the title, just that it started with an R. Ratatuwey? Ratatooti? Ratatubi? Ah, he didn't know. "Poplar Primary," he told her when she asked about his school. "Dad says I won't be going to secondary when I turn 11, though.. some other school. I'm kinda excite-" He then quickly covered his mouth. His dad always told him to never talk about it around other people! Well, other than him and Caden, of course. That made him wonder if it was some kind of secret society or something. Hopefully he wouldn't get in trouble for telling Moni. "Sorry, that was supposed to be a secret. I'm not supposed to tell anyone for some reason."

OOC:

The Shiny Furret

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 5:13 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                          ♚ ▬ ♛ ▬ ♜ ▬ ♝ ▬ ♞ ▬ ♟

Monika watched James swing, listening as he spoke. She hadn't heard of Poplar Primary, so it must be one of those public schools. She wondered if she would have gone to Poplar Primary if she hadn't done so well on the entrance exams to the Girls School. Moni knew it was an expensive private school, they even made them wear uniforms and everything, but she only got in because of those tests she took. 'Scholarship Girl' is what some kids called her. Well, it wasn't so bad. She was just smart, that's all.

James started to mention how he wasn't going to be going to secondary schooling after he turned eleven, that he would be going to another school. When he stopped suddenly, he seemed nervous. Monika tilted her head, not really confused but more intrigued. Was he talking about Hogwarts? She knew that once a child was confirmed to be magical by age eleven, they were enrolled in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She had already shown signs of magic, but she was told not to tell anyone else. It made sense, though. Telling 'Muggles' about magic was a definite no-no. However, by the way James was being so secretive and the mention of eleven specifically, maybe he was magical too? He even said he wasn't supposed to tell anyone. Hmm... "This school... does it start with a H? Like... a hog?" she asked, carefully. If her assumption was incorrect, she could get in a lot of trouble for this.

♙ ▬ ♘ ▬ ♗ ▬ ♖ ▬ ♕ ▬ ♔

x x

{ooc:}

King Beardly

The United Kingdom

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out