Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
Finsbury Park ~ London Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:02 pm
User Image
Enid Amelia Clarisse née Brewster
Half-Blood Six Years Old Future Hogwarts Student Adopted

After a year of getting away with staying in the house day after day except for school, Enid wasn’t surprised that she’d be dragged out somewhere. So landing at the park the six year old was trying to cooperate. She really was trying hard to be optimistic which was harder then it looked. At least the weather wasn’t bad. Looking from her mother to the rest of the people out that afternoon she didn’t know what to do. Finally after some debate she walked over to the swings.

Enid swung lightly as she watched the world around her. She didn’t know how to talk to people, especially her age. How’d her mother talk her into this? Oh, right she mentioned something about making friends. Maybe her mum had a point. If only she understood the kids playing, running around chasing each other, or whatever else kids did.

“Bonjour!”

Suddenly Enid was greeted by an overly happy redheaded kid. She hadn’t realized she’d stopped swinging and was just sitting there staring into space. No wonder this boy was inches away from her with a big smile on his face. “Hi…” She said quietly not understanding what made the boy want to talk to her. She was just sitting there, hardly sounded like an interesting person to her.

“Vous regarder les oiseaux?”

Enid tilted her head curiously. “Um… Could you repeat that… in English…?” She asked him.

Status : Trying... really... hard...
                                                With : A redheaded boy... my mum somewhere

Wearing : Casual

OOC : - - -

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:09 pm
User Image
Colten "Cole" Lambert
Half-Blood Six Years Old Future Beauxbaton Student Adopted

Colten had convinced his papa to take him to the park. It was a perfect day for bird watching he was sure of it. So of course the moment he got there he started looking around for any bird he could find. Binoculars in hand he was looking through them trying to find birds through the tiny circled enhanced lenses. When a dark haired girl appeared in his view from what appeared to be a good distance away, he dropped the binoculars. Letting them fall loosely around his neck, Colten watched the girl who seemed to be staring. He wondered at what, perhaps she was watching the birds too.

Heading over she didn’t seem to notice him. After going for a rather enthusiastic greeting he asked her if she was watching the birds. However Colten hadn’t noticed that he had asked in French. Whoops… “Sorry… You watch birds?” He asked again this time in English. The girl seemed confused as to why he was asking before shaking her head. “Why not…?” He asked curiously tilting his head. Wasn’t that what all people did at the park? The girl shrugged back at him.

“Come with!” Colten suddenly said taking her hand and pulling her along. “We watch togather.” He added with a minor mispronunciation. “Je m’appelle Colten, comment tu t’appelles?” Colten asked before realizing his mistake. “I Colten, what you’re name?” He corrected himself.

“Enid…”

“Nice to meet you Enid.” Colten said brightly before finding a bird in the tree. “Regarde!” (Look!) He called out pointing up to where he’d seen the bird before giving her the binoculars around his neck. “Many colored bird… starling.” He explained with the brightest smile. He seemed overly happy about the common starling.

With : Enid... Papa over on the bench... Oh and birds!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:43 pm
User Image
Samuel "Sam" Lambert
Pureblood Musician Former Beauxbaton Father of One

Location : Finsbury Park

Colten had really wanted to come to the park to watch the birds. Sam wasn’t about to say no to that. Nothing bet getting outside and watching the birds. Living in an apartment it was a challenge to get any real bird watching done. Perhaps if they lived in the country side or actually had a yard it would be different. However, Sam wasn’t about to complain about taking his son to the park. The six year old was his life and if bird watching made him happy that’s what they’d do.

As such Sam let Colten scamper off binoculars and all. Telling him not to wander off he let the boy go off on his own adventure. While he was doing that the bleach blond male found a spot on one of the benches nearby. As he worked away on his song lyrics, Sam glanced up to see what his son was up to. It seemed he had found a dark haired girl to talk too. Smiling he scanned the park, his eyes falling on a brunette. She was one park bench over from him.

Getting up Sam walked over to the brunette girl a smile on his face. “I haven’t seen you around here before.” He commented. “Yeah, I’m new to the whole parenting thing…” Chloe answered back to him in mildly surprised. Sam nodded in understanding, he’d been there. “Which one’s yours?” He asked curiously taking a seat next to her. “The dark haired girl with that redheaded boy, right over there...” She answered pointing over to Enid and Colten. “Cute little girl. What’s her name?” He asked. “Speaking of names, I’m Sam.” He added with a smile.

Status : Curious & Happy
                                                                With : My son & a brunette girl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:02 pm
User Image

User Image

Chloe knew that Enid wasn’t the biggest fan of socializing. However the former puff knew that she needed to try and help her daughter make some kind of an effort. Making friends was important, sure she only had two herself but that was at least something. Coming to the park Chloe didn’t expect anyone to talk to her. It never occurred to her that perhaps she could make a friend herself while there. However here she was talking to a guy she didn’t know about her daughter. He’d introduced himself as Sam and he seemed nice. “Thanks, her name’s Enid. I’m Chloe by the way.” She introduced herself before asking. “So, do you have any kids?”

“Chloe it’s nice to meet you.” Sam said before answering. “Yeah, the boy with Enid is my son. His name’s Colten.” Chloe looked from Colten to Sam and couldn’t see the resemblance. Sam saw the look on her face and as if reading her mind answered her question. “He’s adopted. It’s been a year now. How long has it been for you?” He asked figuring if she was new to parenting that had to be the same story. “He seems like a sweet kid, I’m sure he’s lucky to have you.” She said sheepishly. “Same. I kind of let her do her own thing. I noticed she wasn’t making many friends so I thought maybe getting out and about would help.” She explained with a small smile. “She’s not the best with socializing. Though neither was I when I was her age.” She added more or less rambling to herself.

Sam smiled. “He is pretty sweet. What made you decide to adopt?” He asked curiously. “Sorry if I’m getting too personal…” He added rubbing the back of his head nervously. “No, it’s fine really. I got into a disagreement with my brother. It resulted in me changing careers and deciding that I didn’t need a guy to start a family. So I went to the orphanage and found Enid.” Chloe answered honestly. “What about you?” She asked figuring it was only fair. “Well, a year and a half ago I was engaged to my high school sweetheart. She broke it off a week before the wedding. I went back home for a few months and then I figured I didn’t need someone to start a family and adopted Colten.” He explained.

Chloe’s heart sank at his story. “I’m sorry…” She said quietly feeling horrible for making him bring it up. “Hey, don’t be. It’s not your fault.” Sam told her with a smile. “I hope things got better for you and your brother.” He added still with a faint smile. “Yeah, it did…” She answered still rather quiet. “So, what do you do for work?” He asked her curiously trying to uplift her spirits. What was she going to tell him? She couldn’t tell him the truth. Maybe she could twist it. “I’m a support worker.” Chloe answered, it was partly accurate. “What about you?” She asked hoping he wouldn’t question her on her answer. “Musician. Sing and play guitar.” Sam answered brightly. “Really? I play a guitar myself. Not well, but I can play.” She said just as brightly. Things were definitely looking better in the conversation as they watched their kids and talked about their random interests.

With: My daughter Enid & Sam

Wearing: Casual

OOC: ---

User Image
                                          Whiskers the Cat

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:24 pm
Staring blindly through a blizzard,
Chasing after your restless heart.
Mind is buzzing like a helicopter...
Cutting quickly through the dark!
Smoke is pouring from my windows,
And I'm reaching out my hand...
Hoping someone's at my fingertips;
That can help me understand!

User Image
U R I E L
A D A I R
S C O T T

Former HufflepuffMugglebornAdoptedHealer

Uriel should have done this a long time ago. The holiday season had seemed like the perfect time, but it... just hadn't happened. Between Lyv's shop being busy due to the demand for baked goods around that... wonderful time of the year... and the inevitable family stuff, by the time he'd managed to pick out a proper ring it was New Years. And then the deliberating had begun. When to ask her, how to ask her. It was nearly April, and he was tired of nearly driving himself into a nervous breakdown over it. They knew they wanted to marry each other, and he was going to do this right. It was because of this sudden stubborn manifest that he had suggested they get out of the flat and into the fresh air, even if it was rainy. It wasn't very cold, although it wasn't quite warm, but the park was peaceful. He glanced over at Lyv as they walked along, wondering if he should just stop her and get down on one knee, or try to lead into it. Technically, he'd... sort of already asked this but... would she expect it to be very formal? God, he should have just taken her out to dinner.

OOC:
Devlyn Maycry

The stars are bound to change.
Hold on, hold on, wait for another day.
Hold on, hold on, the future's not that far away.
Yelling for the sun as the water rises-
Feeling like smoke, filling up your eyes!
Swinging at a ghost, go and lock that door,
Leave that wreckage, let it wash ashore.
Go save yourself up, it's a hell of a ride...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:22 pm
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxO L Y V I A C A T L I N B L Y T H E

owner of sugarplum's sweet shop ◆ former hufflepuff ◆ halfblood

User Image

Olyvia had spent the last forever wondering if they were truly engaged or not. He had kind of sort of asked her at Miles' wedding, but it hadn't been super clear so she still wasn't sure if she was actually engaged to him or not. She should probably ask him to clarify but that was far too awkward. She couldn't bring herself to do it. What if he said no? That would be so bad! So she just lived in her blissful ignorance waiting for him to confirm or deny it.

At least with the holidays she'd been busy enough to keep it off her mind, but spring was a slow time for her. Right before the summer rush. So now she had a bunch of time to ponder it and it made him even more awkward. It was nice to get out of the stuffy flat with him today though, so she was just trying to push it to the back of her mind and enjoy the nice weather. She slipped her hand into his as they walked along the path. A soft serene smile on her face.

░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
ooc:

Leave the virtue of pity, but we live with the shame.
So scared to dream in a world with no sunlight.
When you wake up, you know it’s darker than last night.
Born to walk away, been walking my whole life.

The Forgotten Weasley

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:32 am
Staring blindly through a blizzard,
Chasing after your restless heart.
Mind is buzzing like a helicopter...
Cutting quickly through the dark!
Smoke is pouring from my windows,
And I'm reaching out my hand...
Hoping someone's at my fingertips;
That can help me understand!

User Image
U R I E L
A D A I R
S C O T T

Former HufflepuffMugglebornAdoptedHealer

Uriel glanced over worriedly at Lyv, who was quiet and peacefully smiling, clearly enjoying their walk like a normal human being and not acting as if the apocalypse was upon them. (For him, it was). He squeezed her hand gently, mostly to calm himself, and then decided it was probably now or never. Slowing down his walk until he'd stopped completely, he blurted out, "Lyv, I have something I need to tell you." Jesus Christ. His face had to be bright red. "I know we sort of talked about it before but not really and we were busy all winter..." His free hand was in his pocket now. "But I just want to say that I'm in love with you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you and wouldyoupleasemarryme?" Uriel was going to count managing to get down on one knee on the wet ground while stammering a success. Bloody... the ring, idiot! He should have said more, but language had never seemed to be his forte.

OOC:
Devlyn Maycry

The stars are bound to change.
Hold on, hold on, wait for another day.
Hold on, hold on, the future's not that far away.
Yelling for the sun as the water rises-
Feeling like smoke, filling up your eyes!
Swinging at a ghost, go and lock that door,
Leave that wreckage, let it wash ashore.
Go save yourself up, it's a hell of a ride...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:54 pm
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxO L Y V I A C A T L I N B L Y T H E

owner of sugarplum's sweet shop ◆ former hufflepuff ◆ halfblood

User Image

Olyvia blinked as Uriel slowed himself until they were both at a standstill. She raised an eyebrow at him when he stood still for a second until suddenly blurting out a rant about how much he loved her and something about them talking and she was staring at him like a deer caught in headlights because now his hand was in his pocket. It was like they could read each others minds sometimes. He always seemed to bring up the subject she was thinking about right as she began to think about it. Maybe that meant they were soul mates or whatever. Not that she really believed in the whole concept of soul mates. People did not exist for the sole purpose of being with another human being. That would be crazy. She absolutely loved Uriel and wanted to spend forever with him, but if she hadn't started dating him or run into him again, she would be just as happy single and living with her cats. Though his rabbit was extra cute too.

She blinked, having forgotten for a moment that he was about to propose. She caught up with his words just as he blurted out the actual proposal. And for a second she wondered if he had failed to remember a ring until he started fumbling with his pocket and finally pulled one out. She blinked, before a smile over took her face and she basically threw herself into his arms."Yes yes yes yesyesyesyes.." She squealed excitedly, before finally leaning back to actually take a look at the ring... which was beautiful by the way. Very her too. She was happy to know he did know her as well as she thought he did.

░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
ooc:

Leave the virtue of pity, but we live with the shame.
So scared to dream in a world with no sunlight.
When you wake up, you know it’s darker than last night.
Born to walk away, been walking my whole life.

The Forgotten Weasley

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:52 pm
I called it, I called it, I called it the moon sea;
It is a cruel dream; at the end of my day your gravity-
Reaches such a long way, here in the moon sea....
Don’t share the past, if you won’t share your heart!
All that we share is the view of these stars.

User Image
ɛʟʊռɛɖ
ƈʀɨֆȶօɮɛʟ
ɦɛɨֆȶ

քʊʀɛɮʟօօɖ ʍօȶɦɛʀɖʊʀʍֆȶʀǟռɢ ɢʀǟɖʊǟȶɛʍʊɢɢʟɛ ʟɨǟֆօռ օʄʄɨƈɛ

Ned still felt slightly out of a place, even on a warm summer afternoon, unbuckling a squirming Ray from his stroller. For the first few months after her son had been born she'd rarely left the flat; now she assumed it had been half post-partum malaise, half, well, fear. Fear of what people would think of her, fear of what they might think of Ray, fear of stares and questions she might get, both because there was very clearly no father in the picture and because the only thing she and Ray shared in terms of appearance was their eyes. Eventually she'd managed to push past most of it; having friends who checked in from time to time helped, and Ray always enjoyed playing with Ridley. But even now, she felt suffocatingly surrounded by happy mothers and babies, with happy, normal homes. 'We are happy and we are perfectly normal,' she assured herself, resting Ray momentarily on her hip and bopping his nose gently. He squealed happily, clapping his chubby hands together. 'Aside from the magical aspect.' She was still convinced they didn't get out enough, and that changed today. She had the day off, Ray wasn't stuck with his usual babysitter, and they were going to enjoy a rare bout of summer sunshine. "Where would you like to go, young man?" she inquired politely to the child, spinning slowly around in a circle so he could see everything. He caught sight of a brightly colored play set and cooed triumphantly, wriggling to be set down on the ground. Content to go at her son's toddling pace, Ned walked alongside him, holding his hand as he staggered through the grass like a miniature zombie towards the playground.

OOC:
Yukina101

Miss GryffindorK

There are diamonds on the floor you can’t take back.
There’s an eyelash on the board, does she wear black?
All the violence that I swore you could have back.
There’s red varnish on the door, I don’t wear that.
From up so high, I can hardly decide...
If you’re waving hello or waving goodbye.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:19 pm
Look up, I look up at night,
Planets are moving at the speed of light.
Climb up, up in the trees,
every chance that you get,
is a chance you seize.
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image
Pureblood | Father | Divorced

Darcy held the strap of his shoulder bag in one hand and the smaller cupped hand of his son in the other. Since the marital separation ("divorce" still stung him to his very soul) and custody agreement he hadn't truly felt the want to leave their small home, which was odd considering he very much couldn't stand the silence that seemed to encompass it with the absence of two of its loudest inhabitants. Not to say his son was quiet, it's just that his noise seemed to always get swallowed by his sisters. Which was probably one of the reasons why the little boy was so desperate to get away from them. He hadn't been able to do anything when custody arrangements came up and both girls wanted to live with their mother, much to his consternation, but was relieved and elated when Will had fought (almost literally) to stay with him. At least he wasn't completely alone. And luckily enough, he was glad he had procrastinated in signed the deed to the new house he and Jane had been looking at months prior. It also made his ex's moving out a lot easier since most of her stuff had already been packed along with his daughters. He still kept in contact with them, through either mail or phone calls but they and Magni had been his only source of outside correspondence. He had put in a year absence at his job to stay at home with William at least until his son started primary school. Until then he was going to satisfy himself as a stay at home dad and try not to lose his mind from too much children's educational programming. Darcy looked down at his son with a fond sort of smile, it had been the boy's idea for them to get out the house proclaiming himself bored and that there was only so much one could do with his own toys (or rather he just stamped his tiny foot saying he wanted to go outside and not the backyard). He hadn't felt ready for the beach, much too many family memories, but the park he felt was neutral enough. He grinned wider when he saw the playset a few paces up ahead before glancing back down at the blonde haired tot. "That looks like fun yeah?" he asked him before leading him over to it.

The Forgotten Weasley

Miss GryffindorK
All that noise, and all that sound,
All those places I got found.
And birds go flying at the speed of sound,
to show you how it all began.
Birds came flying from the underground,
if you could see it then you'd understand?

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:42 pm
User ImageUser Image

Agє ƑσυяƑυтυяє Hσgωαятѕ Sтυ∂єηтOηƖу Ƭωιη

Will had been rather bored at home since his mom and sisters moved away. Of course, he'd decided to stay with his daddy, mostly to step away from his sisters' shadows. Mom always wanted to play dress up and have tea parties. He didn't even like tea! It was so zesty and hot! Besides, he wasn't a dollie, nor was he a girl. He was a boy that liked trucks and dogs and mud puddles! When he was told he'd be able to stay with Daddy, he used scissors to chop off the curls that made him look "cutesy". When his dad had seen the haircut, Will'd figured he was in quite a bit of trouble. Luckily, Darcy was able to roll with it, and ended up fixing his hair so it looked super cool. Since then, they'd stayed pretty close to home, so Will didn't have much to do besides play with the same old toys as always. Finally, he decided that they should go out. It was a pretty summer day, so he argued to go out somewhere. In the end, he'd won. They were going to the park! The blonde held his dad's hand, a small grin on his face. There were swings and a slide and teeter-totters... but he didn't have anyone his size to teeter with. When asked about a playset, the boy turned his gaze in the direction his dad was pointing. Holy moley! That thing was neat! "Ooooh! That looks super neato! Lesgo Daddy! We can climb way high!" He walked a bit faster, trying to tug his dad to it. When he got there, the blonde took off up a ladder, grinning happily.

Hᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ, ᴡᴇ'ᴠᴇ ᴊᴜsᴛ ʙᴇɢᴜɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜɪs ᴛɪᴍᴇ, ᴏᴜʀ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ʜᴀs ᴄᴏᴍᴇ
Yᴇᴀʜ, ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ, sᴛɪʟʟ ɢᴏɪɴ' sᴛʀᴏɴɢ. Rɪɢʜᴛ ʜᴇʀᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴇ ʙᴇʟᴏɴɢ
Iᴛ's ᴀ ɴᴇᴡ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ, ɪᴛ's ᴀ ɴᴇᴡ sᴛᴀʀᴛ. Iᴛ's ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇᴀᴛɪɴɢ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜɴɢ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛs
Iᴛ's ᴀ ɴᴇᴡ ᴅᴀʏ, ɪᴛ's ᴀ ɴᴇᴡ ᴘʟᴀɴ. I'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ
Hᴇʀᴇ I ᴀᴍ, ɴᴇxᴛ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ, ᴀɴᴅ sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ʙʀᴀɴᴅ ɴᴇᴡ
Hᴇʀᴇ I ᴀᴍ, ʜᴇʀᴇ I ᴀᴍ, ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ I'ᴍ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ sᴛᴀʏ

Ɲσω тнєяє'ѕ ησтнιη' ѕтαη∂ιη' ιη συя ωαу
The Forgotten Weasley

Yukina101

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:02 pm

User Image
ɛʟʊռɛɖ
ƈʀɨֆȶօɮɛʟ
ɦɛɨֆȶ

Ned wasn't really aware of the man and the little boy until Ray had run into the man's legs and was plopped on the ground bawling. What had happened, at her least in her perspective had been this- Ray had suddenly let go of her hand and darted forward, as if jolted into action by something, and being an eighteen month old, hadn't really bothered to take stock of his surroundings before doing so. He had promptly slammed into the man's legs from the back, stumbled onto his bum, and in shock at this indignity, started to cry. Loudly. Ned stared at this scene for a moment, first assessing whether or not her son appeared legitimately hurt, and once she determined that he was simply crying for the sake of crying, scooped him up while looking around. She suspected the little blond boy scampering up the ladder a few yards away was the cause of Ray's excitement, and the blond man- who couldn't have been much older than her, if older at all- was most likely his father. "I'm sorry," Ned said apologetically, although she doubted this was his first time colliding with a toddler, if he had what looked like a three or four year old himself. "Orion wasn't looking where he was going." She rarely called Ray 'Ray' in public, at least not beyond the confines of her mind. His name was his name, and people ought to know it before they were privy to his nickname. She never introduced herself as Ned, after all. And because it was parental courtesy to compliment the other parent's child, regardless of whether they were deserving or not, and because if the man was truly annoyed it might soften the blow a little, she added, "Your son is very agile." Cute. She probably should have said cute.

OOC:
Yukina101

Miss GryffindorK

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:20 pm
Look up, I look up at night,
Planets are moving at the speed of light.
Climb up, up in the trees,
every chance that you get,
is a chance you seize.
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image
Pureblood | Father | Divorced

Darcy chuckled at Will's exuberance about the playground and allowed the young boy to drag him over before letting him loose to climb to his heart's content. He was about to set up camp a little ways when he felt something small and hard bounce off his leg and before he could even check to see what it was he heard the bawling and immediately became on guard. He turned to see a small toddler, from his small window of expertise he could guess perhaps not yet a two year old but definitely close, on the ground crying and just barely stopped himself from picking up the child to offer comfort. He wasn't sure if it was a father thing or an auror thing but he was definitely glad he hadn't judging from the quick scampering way the boy's mother (or rather who he was going to assume was perhaps his mother) came over to collect and coddle him as well as offer apologies which he waved away. "It's alright, neither of us weren't watching where we were going so the fault definitely lays with us both." Darcy offered a small grin feeling the muscles in his face protest, probably from their disuse. Besides Will, it had been awhile since he had grinned at anyone just to be friendly. He couldn't hold in the soft snort though at her compliment at his son's agility as he tottered up the ladder and on the jungle gym rungs. "Thank you, I'll be sure to remember that word the next time he attempts to jump from the couch to the armchair spouting that the carpet was on fire." Darcy told her a tad dryly though with more humor in his voice than he was sure he had felt in the past weeks or so. He finally allowed himself to take a longer glance at the young woman noting she looked around his age or possibly younger and obviously held herself proudly due to her choice of clothing. Flattering though it was not exactly smart considering how messy children tend to get while playing. The ex-auror then realized he had gazed a few seconds longer than he meant and promptly flushed knowing how creepy he must've looked. "Pardon my rudeness I should probably offer my name. I'm Darcy Bennett and the agile boy over there is my son William." he introduced them with a hand out to shake.

The Forgotten Weasley

Miss GryffindorK
All that noise, and all that sound,
All those places I got found.
And birds go flying at the speed of sound,
to show you how it all began.
Birds came flying from the underground,
if you could see it then you'd understand?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:22 pm
User ImageUser Image

Agє ƑσυяƑυтυяє Hσgωαятѕ Sтυ∂єηтOηƖу Ƭωιη

Will was climbing up to the monkey bars when he heard a kid start wailing. He looked over, seeing his dad looking worried. Did the little one fall over? No way in heck would Darcy push him! Darcy started talking to a pretty lady, so Will decided he needed to interject. He jumped up and grabbed the first rung of the monkey bars, hoping to cross to the ladder. While he was moving, he saw the group turned to look at him. Were they saying how awesome he was at the monkey bars?! That was probably what it was. He was the best ever! The blonde let go of the bar with one hand, happily waving toward his dad. At that time, he reached up a hand to grab the bar again, but he couldn't grab it! He was... oh no! With a small cry, Will slipped and landed on his bottom on the ground. He looked around in a bot of a daze for a second, then tears fell down his face. He cried quietly, but managed to stand and run to Darcy's side. "Daaaaaaaaaddy! I fell... and it hurts..." The boy sobbed as he pressed his face into Darcy's leg. He wasn't interested in the new people at the current moment, he just wanted to feel better. He wiped his nose on Darcy's sleeve, still shaking a bit at the spook. After a few seconds of teary sobs, Will looked up at the others. They seemed nice, and there was a younger kid, so maybe they were friends of Darcy? Perhaps they were new friends too. He sniffled a bit more, then wrapped his arms around Darcy's leg protectively.

Hᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ, ᴡᴇ'ᴠᴇ ᴊᴜsᴛ ʙᴇɢᴜɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜɪs ᴛɪᴍᴇ, ᴏᴜʀ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ʜᴀs ᴄᴏᴍᴇ
Yᴇᴀʜ, ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ, sᴛɪʟʟ ɢᴏɪɴ' sᴛʀᴏɴɢ. Rɪɢʜᴛ ʜᴇʀᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴇ ʙᴇʟᴏɴɢ
Iᴛ's ᴀ ɴᴇᴡ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ, ɪᴛ's ᴀ ɴᴇᴡ sᴛᴀʀᴛ. Iᴛ's ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇᴀᴛɪɴɢ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜɴɢ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛs
Iᴛ's ᴀ ɴᴇᴡ ᴅᴀʏ, ɪᴛ's ᴀ ɴᴇᴡ ᴘʟᴀɴ. I'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ
Hᴇʀᴇ I ᴀᴍ, ɴᴇxᴛ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ, ᴀɴᴅ sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ʙʀᴀɴᴅ ɴᴇᴡ
Hᴇʀᴇ I ᴀᴍ, ʜᴇʀᴇ I ᴀᴍ, ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ I'ᴍ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ sᴛᴀʏ

Ɲσω тнєяє'ѕ ησтнιη' ѕтαη∂ιη' ιη συя ωαу
The Forgotten Weasley

Yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:42 pm

User Image
ɛʟʊռɛɖ
ƈʀɨֆȶօɮɛʟ
ɦɛɨֆȶ

Ned was relieved that the man was gracious about it; although it was probably to be expected, seeing as he was a parent himself. "I think he got very excited, seeing your son," she offered with a small smile of her own. "Orion thinks he's eighteen months going on eight years." By now the toddler's wailing had calmed down to small sobs and sniffles, which were mostly designed to ensure the full attention of his mother than anything else. "I'm fortunate not to have to deal with that just yet- he's still getting the hang of a fast walk, as you can see." Her son was certainly physically active, but he was rather quiet, although he did occasionally babble to her. Ned partially blamed her own reserved nature; she'd never been one to chatter away to anything small and cute, be it children or animals. She sometimes got very hung up on it, convinced she was repeating her parents's mistakes (or just their utter lack of caring), but she usually managed to assure herself that her being quiet did not make her a terrible mother. Ned did not miss the man's once-over, but it seemed more out of curiosity than anything else, and it wasn't as if she wasn't doing the same. He was dressed casually but appropriately, given the setting, and while he did not look exactly... thrilled, he didn't display any of the impatience or exasperation she often saw in other overworked or overwhelmed parents, particularly of young children. She shook his proffered hand with her free one, the other rubbing gentle circles on Ray's back, as his crying seemed to have stopped entirely, and he was now casting suspicious looks at the strange man conversing with his mother. "Eluned Heist. And you've already met Orion." She would have said more, but the little blond boy, William, suddenly dashed over, in tears. He must have fallen from the play set while they were talking, and she felt a pang of guilt; she'd been distracting the boy's father, after all. That said, he didn't seem seriously injured, and he recovered fairly quickly, although he was clinging to his father for dear life. Ray gazed down haughtily like a reigning prince at the older child, and tugged on his mother's shirt collar insistently, wanting to be put down so he could show off how one properly recovered from a fall.

OOC:
Yukina101

Miss GryffindorK

The United Kingdom

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff