Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
Finsbury Park ~ London Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:28 pm
I called it, I called it, I called it the moon sea;
It is a cruel dream; at the end of my day your gravity-
Reaches such a long way, here in the moon sea....
Don’t share the past, if you won’t share your heart!
All that we share is the view of these stars.

User Image
ɛʟʊռɛɖ
ƈʀɨֆȶօɮɛʟ
ɦɛɨֆȶ

քʊʀɛɮʟօօɖ ʍօȶɦɛʀɖʊʀʍֆȶʀǟռɢ ɢʀǟɖʊǟȶɛʍʊɢɢʟɛ ʟɨǟֆօռ օʄʄɨƈɛ

Ned hadn't been to the park with Ray since the now long since faded autumn, and it was almost shocking to see just how much snow had accumulated in it now that winter had well and truly set in. It was so white it nearly hurt her eyes, but after an education at Durmstrang, one had to at least appreciate snow, and luckily for Ned, she'd always enjoyed winter the most out of all four seasons. Of course, she'd enjoyed it a little less since having a child, mostly because it limited the things one could do with a whining toddler. However, Ray was a winter baby, and she was determined that he would grow to enjoy the colder months of the year. Particularly if he'd be going to school in Scotland in oh... nine years. That settled it. Her son was growing up far too fast. It seemed like he'd just been born yesterday, and now he was about to turn two. And his birthday was the reason they were here.

A small flat was not conducive to hosting birthday parties or even large play dates... not that Ray had many toddler friends to begin with, she admitted to herself a bit sheepishly. Which was partly her own fault. But if she cut back her hours at work that meant less money, and she wanted to enroll him into a good, muggle preschool, if only so he could learn to socialize with children his own age properly. She wasn't sure what she'd do about primary school. She didn't have the option of homeschooling him, not when she worked full time to support both of them, and tutors would be very, very pricey. But there was no sense in worrying about the future right now. She'd invited Darcy and Will to get together and sled today in a very informal celebration of Ray's second birthday. And gods willing, by the end of the day her son would enjoy the snow.

Right now, Ray was not thrilled. This was obvious enough from the puckered expression on his round face, as if he were attempting to swallow a lemon. It was also obvious from the way he clung to his mother's leg in the hopes that she would take pity on her poor, clearly crippled by the cold child, and pick him up. But Ned was unflinching in the face of his misery, and so Ray trudged on, cursing the day he had ever learned to walk, and wishing the sun would come out and melt all the snow. He knew that was how it worked, because in the summer, when it wasn't cold and ugly, the sun was out a lot more. And there was no snow. So the sun had to melt it. He just didn't understand what all the animals did during the winter. He supposed they probably just froze in place, then eventually unfroze and went about their lives once more. He wished he would freeze. Then Ma would have to take him home.

OOC:
Yukina101

Miss GryffindorK

There are diamonds on the floor you can’t take back.
There’s an eyelash on the board, does she wear black?
All the violence that I swore you could have back.
There’s red varnish on the door, I don’t wear that.
From up so high, I can hardly decide...
If you’re waving hello or waving goodbye.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:54 pm
Look up, I look up at night,
Planets are moving at the speed of light.
Climb up, up in the trees,
every chance that you get,
is a chance you seize.
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image
Pureblood | Father | Divorced

Darcy had found being a single father was a series of loop-de-loops. Some days they rode only upwards towards greatness; he managed to get his son to preschool on time with clean clothes and snack before completing a majority of the household chores before pickup then spending the rest of the day completing small homework and goofing off with Will. Then the upside down days of lost socks and sinking loneliness off his huge king sized bed with no one on the other side and thinking that there might never be for the rest of his days. Finally came the down days; Will was in an even grumpier mood than usual causing almost hourly meltdowns, he pretty much said "eff it" to preschool because by the time he could make it there it would only give him about an hour before he had to pick him back up, something of importance would somehow break causing him to spend time fixing that while his son felt neglected and caused another row, and on and on and on. Thankfully the rollercoaster had been on pause the past day or so causing neither spectacular days nor horrendous ones. So it was with happiness and a brief sense of elation when he received an invitation to an impromptu birthday party slash playdate with Ned and her son Orion. It sounded wrong to be elated at spending more time with the other parent, especially because she was a female parent, after his recent divorce but he determined that it was more for the company of another adult than something carnal. He replied back positively and when the day came Darcy dressed himself and his son warmly against the cold weather and apparated them a short walk from the park with their sleigh in hand. He found Miss Heide and her young son quite easily seeing as they, he and Will included, were some of the few outdoors in the cold weather and gave a wave in greeting as they strode over to them. "Hello Miss Ned and happy birthday Orion. I think Will has a small gift for you to open later." Darcy lightly pushed his son forward who he had handed a small gift wrapped box after they arrived that held the toddler's new toddler RC car. He had gotten something similar for Will when he had been that age and the little boy still loved playing with it so he figured that perhaps the other little boy would enjoy it.

The Forgotten Weasley

Miss GryffindorK
All that noise, and all that sound,
All those places I got found.
And birds go flying at the speed of sound,
to show you how it all began.
Birds came flying from the underground,
if you could see it then you'd understand?

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:46 pm
User ImageUser Image

Agє ƑσυяƑυтυяє Hσgωαятѕ Sтυ∂єηтOηƖу Ƭωιη

Will had been having a tough time with school, between his distaste with schoolwork, and goodness forbid, homework. He hated doing schoolwork at home! He never saw his dad doing... dad-work outside work, so he didn't figure he had too either. But since his dad was an old fart sometimes, he'd been hiding it. Unfortunately, Darcy was surprisingly good at finding it, so Will had had to get creative. The past few days, he'd hidden it all in the pillowcase his mum used to sleep on, since he knew his dad almost always fell asleep on the couch. Other than that, on days he was late to school, he always got pouty and told the teacher his daddy was having a bad day all alone, which usually got him out of some of his work too. For the next two weeks, though, he was out of school for winter holidays. When told they had to celebrate little baby Ray's birthday, he had put up a grump about it until he found out they got to play in the snow. As he got all warmed up, he hid his doofy hat under the couch, pretty sure his hair would keep his ears toasty. He'd been handed a wrapped gift, then they poofed to the road by the park. Darcy had the sled though, so Will was determined to go super mega fast down the big hill. When they walked over to Miss Heist and little Ray, Will tried to look... slightly less grumpy. "Hiya Miss, and lil baby Ray! Happy birthday. I'm not singin' the stupid song." He hated the birthday song, and he always got sent to the hallway when the class sang it because he always refused. And on his birthday, he stood in the hallway instead of letting them sing it to him. He'd been pushed forward, though, so Will pushed the box into the younger boy's arms, letting him hold it instead.

Hᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ, ᴡᴇ'ᴠᴇ ᴊᴜsᴛ ʙᴇɢᴜɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜɪs ᴛɪᴍᴇ, ᴏᴜʀ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ʜᴀs ᴄᴏᴍᴇ
Yᴇᴀʜ, ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ, sᴛɪʟʟ ɢᴏɪɴ' sᴛʀᴏɴɢ. Rɪɢʜᴛ ʜᴇʀᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴇ ʙᴇʟᴏɴɢ
Iᴛ's ᴀ ɴᴇᴡ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ, ɪᴛ's ᴀ ɴᴇᴡ sᴛᴀʀᴛ. Iᴛ's ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇᴀᴛɪɴɢ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜɴɢ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛs
Iᴛ's ᴀ ɴᴇᴡ ᴅᴀʏ, ɪᴛ's ᴀ ɴᴇᴡ ᴘʟᴀɴ. I'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ
Hᴇʀᴇ I ᴀᴍ, ɴᴇxᴛ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ, ᴀɴᴅ sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ʙʀᴀɴᴅ ɴᴇᴡ
Hᴇʀᴇ I ᴀᴍ, ʜᴇʀᴇ I ᴀᴍ, ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ I'ᴍ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ sᴛᴀʏ

Ɲσω тнєяє'ѕ ησтнιη' ѕтαη∂ιη' ιη συя ωαу
The Forgotten Weasley

Yukina101

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:14 pm

User Image
ɛʟʊռɛɖ
ƈʀɨֆȶօɮɛʟ
ɦɛɨֆȶ

Ned smiled as she saw the familiar figures of a tall blond man and a small blond boy approaching. "Hello," she said brightly, directing Ray towards the two despite his grumbling. She was never quite sure what to refer to Darcy as- to herself she called him Darcy, because they were both adults and that was her name. But he called her 'Miss Ned', which she assumed was because that was what he wanted Will to call her, and thought the boy needed to be shown by example. She didn't want Ray to look rude in comparison, but 'Mr. Darcy' sounded a little too literary for her to say it without cracking an amused grin. Still, 'Mr. Bennett' was overtly formal.

"A birthday gift?" she repeated, adjusting Ray's hat. "That's very kind, isn't it, Orion?" Ray looked slightly more cheerful at the thought of getting a gift, but when the box was shoved into his arms by the older boy, he wobbled and sat down hard in the snow. Lower lip trembling, he looked up at his mother, trying to determine if a crying fit would get him out of the cold and back into their nice, warm flat. However, she didn't look particular concerned, just stood him back up, taking the gift from him, and stowing it inside her handbag, which was far bigger on the inside than it was on the outside. "Say thank you, Ray."

'Sing the song', was what Ray wanted to say. But instead he said, "Tank," with an unamused expression.

"He's working on his 'th's," Ned said apologetically, and smiled at Will. The boy was quite possibly the moodiest child she had ever met, but she supposed it was proof that not all children were naturally happy by default. She certainly hadn't been, although there might have been some... situational causes as well. "Do you like sledding, Will? This will be Orion's first time, so he's a bit nervous." Ray protested this sentiment by forcibly bashing his head into his mother's kneecap. Ned continued steering him (and the sled they'd brought with them) up the hill. She glanced over at Darcy with a small smile. "Durmstrang may have made me a little too fond of winter... since that's essentially the only season there seems to be in Norway."

OOC:
Yukina101

Miss GryffindorK

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:39 pm
is a chance you seize.

Darcy physically restrained himself from placing his face in his hand in embarrassment from his son's rather rude and blunt proclamation. He had gotten word from his teacher about his behavior in regards to the birthday song but besides being a tad curious to why he didn't like it he wasn't all that overly concerned that his son didn't enjoy being sung to. He hadn't had the song sung to him for nearly half his life and the first time he had was when he had turned seventeen and it had been an awkward affair all around so he generally just avoided it. The cake, the candles, the overall feeling of belonging he quite enjoyed. The nearly forced comradery not so much. It still didn't stop some like his ex-wife and his best friend from trying though. He gave Will an admonishing look when he practically forced the gift into the smaller boy's arms which caused him to fall over and braced himself in case he decided to start wailing but they were thankfully saved from that. He did however find his thank you quite adorable and shook his head with a small grin at Ned's apology. "That's alright, Will had a problem with his 't's' for a bit when he was around that age." Darcy told her untroubled. He could've also mentioned that his oldest daughter also had had trouble with her "th's" but he didn't want to open up that can of worms that came with it. Besides, he had established that this would be a fun non-troublesome day and thinking about his failed marriage and the daughters he rarely got to see did not fit anywhere in that criteria. Thankfully either Ned could sense his impending depression or she was just damn lucky but she changed the subject over to snow and how she became fond of it during her time at Durmstrang allowing him to give another short laugh. "Winter's also my favorite season, though I might just be a tad biased since my birthday is in December." he said with light shrug watching as she forced the two boys up the hill with the sled in tow. "Plus I'm a born and bred tea snob so any season that allows me to drink all the hot tea I want is great in my books." Darcy said with another chuckle.

The Forgotten Weasley

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:32 pm
User ImageUser Image

Will watched as Miss Ned greeted them, then told Ray to be glad about getting a gift for his birthday. Even little baby Ray seemed happy about getting a gift, until he fell over in the snow. That made Will a little happier, but no way in heck was he gonna tell his dad that! Ray looked ready to cry, but Miss Ned just made him stand up and say thanks. Well... he tried. When the grownups started talking about issues with talking, Will crossed his arms, wanting to say that his twin had had the same darn problems, but not wanting to make his dad sad. He didn't like when his dad was sad. So for now, he remained quiet, letting the lady think Will was an only kiddo.

When asked about sledding, Will's blue eyes lit up. "I love sledding, Miss Ned! I sled all the time with daddy!" It was true, he'd always loved playing in the snow. This time last year he was shoving snowballs in Aurora's coat and throwing them at Belle.... but he could do all that to Ray this year! Well... maybe not shove snow in his coat, since it looked awfully poofy. Maybe just the hitting him with a snowball. They all walked up the hill, Will's boots slipping a bit, causing him to grab his dad's hand to ensure he wouldn't fall in the snow. "Winter's my favorite time too, but not my birthday time. But I like the snow and having hot cocoa by the fire." He didn't like tea very much, but any sort of drink filled with chocolate was right up his alley.

The Forgotten Weasley

Yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:20 pm

User Image
ɛʟʊռɛɖ
ƈʀɨֆȶօɮɛʟ
ɦɛɨֆȶ

Ned smiled at his laugh and mention of his birthday. "You're lucky then- mine's in May, and I never really liked spring all that much. Far too much rain after the snow melts, and it always seems to take forever for things to grow. We should be celebrating your birthday as well," she added jokingly- she doubted a grown man wanted to celebrate his (she still wasn't sure of Darcy's exact age but really, he couldn't be much older than thirty) birthday with a trip to the park and two occasionally behaviorally challenged little boys. Besides, she was sure he had other friends that weren't friends by nature of 'your kid and mine should really have a play date' he'd rather just go out for drinks with or something. ...Except she was as well-versed as he in the life of a single parent and knew exactly how hard it was to slip away even for one night.

Ned had occasionally debated asking the man if he'd just like to get tea or lunch some time- sans children- but usually her hesitation killed her. She wasn't quite sure when she'd become so socially awkward with other adults, but she blamed motherhood. When your life suddenly revolved around a tiny human being, the big human beings seemed a lot more distant. Besides, if he'd really rather keep it to a 'we'll interact when our kids interact and that's enough for me' friendship, she could hardly blame him. "Ah, a fellow tea snob," she nodded knowingly. "It was the only thing that got me through the last months of pregnancy with Orion- seemed like I was trapped in a flat all day. I was sure I was losing my mind." Hello oversharing my old friend, she thought sarcastically, flushing slightly, and not from the cold.

In an effort to distract herself, she smiled encouragingly down at Will and his enthusiastic answer; he seemed so rarely happy about things, so it was probably best to keep him on this topic, to avoid any meltdowns before they even made it to the top of the hill. "That's wonderful; I like hot cocoa too. I used to get it all the time from the kitchens at school, especially if I'd just had a class outside." For a school with a fairly sinister reputation, her memories of Durmstrang were mostly fond- she'd genuinely enjoyed her time there, even if she'd been a bit suspicious of a few of her professors former occupations. Had Professor Van Den Berg been a former war criminal? Possibly. But he'd always been very easygoing about homework. "When is your birthday?" She asked the little blond boy. "Maybe we can do something special for that." Right, invite herself and her son to the child's birthday party while she was at it. Good lord.

Ray, meanwhile, was not at all pleased with the amount of attention his mother was bestowing on Will, who had attained almost operatic proportions of villainy in the toddler's mind. If a two year old could have a rival (and Ray was sure he could), then the other boy was it. The only reason Ray didn't pitch a screaming fit at all of these play dates was because he liked Dark C. Even if Ma always called him 'Mr. Bend-It' when talking about him. He was nice. Unless he talked to Ma too much. Then he was bad. But Dark C was in general way better than Will. Who was big, loud, and mean. Like a troll. With stupid hair. Feeling rather left out of the proceedings, he decided to go it alone, and determinedly struck out ahead of the group, about as fast as a toddler in snow that was just below waist deep on him could go. To his delight, through some intense scrambling he managed to reach the top of the hill just ahead of the others, and turned around triumphantly to face them. "Didget!" he declared smugly.

OOC:
Yukina101

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:58 pm
is a chance you seize.

Darcy just shook his head with another laugh as Ned mentioned maybe celebrating his own birthday with his son's. "As much as I'd rather prefer it to whatever my friend might have planned, I'm also very sure your son would not be very pleased to have to share his birthday party." He was actually a little surprised the little boy sort of liked him, or as well as a toddler could really like someone other than their mother. Watching her flutter around the toy boys did something to his chest that he really didn't want to examine further at the moment. As she went over her pregnancy the ache returned worse than before as he thought over Jane's two pregnancies and the odds and ins that occurred with them. How he'd make her at least two pots of the same tea and keep them on warming charms so that she'd never run out while he was at work, how he would have to order those oddly shaped horrid smelling biscuits that she always seemed to crave...he really needed to stop with this line of thinking before he ruined the day for himself and the others. From the look of things Ned wasn't feeling that much better over their conversation but were luckily saved by Will replying to her saying he enjoyed sledding and winter but much preferred hot chocolate over tea giving him a snort of laughter. "It's sometimes one of the few times he'd stay still." Darcy told her half-jokingly before the two of them began discussing the joys of the drink. He tried not to feel jealous as she spoke of drinking the hot beverage in her school's kitchens but could still feel it rising like bile in the back of his throat and took to instead watching Orion as he clamored up the hill ahead of the rest of them. Darcy laughed at his cry of triumph before joining him on the small hill with Will's small hand tightly grasped in his own to help against any more slipping. "Moment of truth boys! Time to show the snow what you're made of!" he might've been pushing the enthusiasm just a tad but it was certainly better than his former moods. He put down the sled placing just a mild sticking charm on it so that it wouldn't move while the boys climbed upon it. "You ready for your first sled ride Orion?" he asked the toddler smile wide.

The Forgotten Weasley

Miss GryffindorK

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:17 pm
User ImageUser Image

Will looked at Ned when she said her birthday was in May. That's when his was too! The boy debated on being cross when she mentioned doing two-people birthday parties. He didn't want to share his birthday... even if he kinda already did with Belle... But she wasn't gonna be there to celebrate with this year. The thought made him miss his twin a bit, but when he felt his eyes get wet and his nose get twitchy, the boy harshly rubbed his face with his mittens. Luckily, the grown ups had started blabbing about tea, so Will was able to compose himself with his little grumpy scowl. When Miss Ned said she liked hot cocoa too Will nodded. He was going to say he liked it best when it had little bitty marshmallows, but she quickly asked when his birthday was. "Is in May. But I don't share birthdays." He turned his face down, glaring with rather intense fury at the snow before he squished it with his boots. Ray got to the tippy top first, so Will released his dad's hand to stomp up afterward. When his daddy seemed a bit too happy about booting them down a hill together, Will moved to sit on the sled first, prepared to have to hold onto Ray so he wouldn't fall off and get run over or anything like that.

The Forgotten Weasley

Yukina101

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:18 pm

User Image
ɛʟʊռɛɖ
ƈʀɨֆȶօɮɛʟ
ɦɛɨֆȶ

Ned just shrugged jokingly. "Well, he has to learn to share at some point." Her attention turned to her triumphant looking son, who was struggling to keep his balance now that he'd made it to the top of the slope, and she steadied him with one hand, wanting the other free in case she slipped herself. She hadn't been sledding in what, a decade? Once she'd graduated she'd plunged straight into adult life, thinking herself too old for most of things she'd enjoyed as a child.

Although she didn't have too many lingering regrets over how she'd spent the majority of her twenties, she wished she felt like any of it had meant... well anything. It'd been a blur of pretty nothings. Parties, travel, repeat. Onto the next adventure, and somehow none of them had managed to teach her anything until Ray. Was it possible for a very small human to age you more than anything else? Probably, through sleep deprivation alone, if nothing else.

"No," Ray said pointedly in response to Darcy's enthusiastic question, snapping Ned back to the reality of the situation. She barely managed to not roll her eyes at her own toddler, but managed to get him settled on the sled with Will with minimal fuss.

Will was very quiet, and she was feeling somewhat guilty about it- mentioning his birthday had likely brought up some painful memories, even if the boy was only four. She had not heard all the gruesome details of the divorce- not that she'd ever have asked for them to begin with- but it seemed like an outrage, to unnecessarily divorce a family as well as a marriage. Had it really been necessary for the ex-wife to run off to the United States, taking two children with her? Britain wasn't that small of a place. At least Will would have gotten to see his siblings on a regular basis. But it wasn't her place to comment on any of it, least of all anywhere near the vicinity of two children.

"I'll race you two down," she suggested. "We'll see how fast I still am."

Ray did not like being held onto, and after several irritated wriggles accepted his fate. He was going down the hill, which now seemed extremely steep, whether he liked it or not. He was going to go with 'not'. "Don't push," he said insistently, but it was too late. The sled was shooting down the slope so fast he was convinced he had in fact died and ascended to toddler heaven. Ma said heaven 'might not even be real anyways', when she had one of 'I'm just rambling at you, assuming you have no idea what I'm talking about' conversations with herself. But he was pretty sure it was real. And it sounded like him shrieking. When the sled finally began to slow down, he opened his eyes, which he hadn't realized he'd closed, and looked around. He wasn't dead, and neither was Will. Unfortunately. And there was Ma, panting and laughing so hard she was crying, wiping at her eyes with the back of her glove.

OOC:
Yukina101

Miss GryffindorK

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:16 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Date
Saturday, April 21st, 2035

The Wedding Party
The Bride: Olyvia Catlin Blythe
The Groom: Uriel Scott
Maid of Honor: Adalaide Whitethorne
Best Man: Miles McLellan
Bridesmaids: Adalaide Whitethorne, Lyre Masters, Melody Barker-Blythe
Groomsmen: Miles McLellan, Tobias Walsh, Eleazar Bradley

The Guest List
The Walsh Family
The Blythe Family
The Catlin Family
The Xanders Family
The Whitethorne Family
The McLellan Family
The Masters Family
The McHalen Family
The Morris Family
Christian Barrett
(any +1s of invitees)

The Time & Location
Finsbury Park
Ceremony from 8 to 9
Reception from 9 to 12

Devlyn Maycry

Cara MiaKitty

Diamond Wales

Miss GryffindorK

mc2

Yukina101

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:43 pm
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxO L Y V I A S C O T T

owner of sugarplum's sweet shop ◆ former hufflepuff ◆ halfblood

Olyvia had found the wedding to be beautiful and heart warming and the best thing ever. She had even made it through the entire ceremony without crying. It was a big effort but she had done it! She now sat at a table with her husband, watching the festivities. The smile on her face was literally impossible to get rid of.

She glanced at said husband and grinned before resting her head on his shoulder. "You'd think by the look on my mum's face we had waited forever to get married or something." She teased. They had of course probably had the longest engagement of all their friends and were one of the last to get married. Even Newlyn and Miles had gotten married before them and those two had also been taking forever. Not that she minded. Slow and steady was definitely more her style. Unlike all of their friends apparently. The only people inher life that could possibly take longer had been Grace and Dom who were dating for like... practically 15 years before getting married! They had a kid before getting married even. She giggled and took a sip of her champagne. "So what exactly is the married couple supposed to do at a wedding? Never been in this seat before..."

░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
ooc:

Leave the virtue of pity, but we live with the shame.
So scared to dream in a world with no sunlight.
When you wake up, you know it’s darker than last night.
Born to walk away, been walking my whole life.

The Forgotten Weasley

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:12 pm
I feel like new sunglasses, like a brand new pair of jeans;
I feel like taking chances, I feel a lot like seventeen.
I feel like windows rolled down, new city, streets and cabs;
I feel like anything can happen, laughing-
You take me right back, when we were kids...
Never thought I'd feel like this.

U R I E L
A D A I R
S C O T T

Former HufflepuffMugglebornAdoptedHealer

Being this happy almost felt unnatural. Uriel wasn't generally a walking pile of misery, but he often got comments that, for a former Hufflepuff, he seemed rather... cynical. And that was mostly true. He wasn't a naturally happy-go-lucky, cheerful person. He was naturally inclined to look on the... less-bright side, as that was generally less disappointing. And he tended to find himself braced for the worst, no matter what. He wasn't quite sure if that was because he'd once spent the better part of a year in a coma, or because he'd lost a sibling- two, technically- or because he was just a pessimist, but it was very rare that he found himself worry-free and completely content with everything around him. Granted, the past several years had been the happiest he could ever remember being. Lyv made him happy; it was as simple as that, shockingly. He didn't feel so... tense and overwhelmed and braced for impact around her. It was like going from being buffeted with rough waves to floating in a calm expanse of ocean. But he'd still expected himself to be at least a bit stressed throughout the wedding. What if he forgot his vows? What if the officiant was late? What if Toby lost the rings and either Tally or Tara found and swallowed them? What if Lea just didn't show up?

But one by one his fears had been alleviated, and by the time the ceremony was over, he found himself in a state of almost freakish calm. Everything was fine, and would continue to be fine. For once. He grinned back as his new wife rested her head on his shoulder. She looked beautiful- he always thought Lyv looked beautiful, because she was, in every sense of the word- but she especially did so tonight. He didn't think he'd ever seen her in a white dress before, and seeing as it was her wedding dress... "You'd think by the look on my mum's face a choir of angels just descending, singing," Uriel snorted. He was pretty sure his parents were very relieved they were not having to play the part of hosts- the last two weddings in the family had both been held in their backyard, after all. At her question, he shrugged. "We should have taken notes at all those other weddings. But... since it's our party, and we're the ones supplying the booze and the food and the cake... I say we do whatever we want." He clinked his champagne glass against hers. "But I'm pretty sure I'm going to spend at least half the night staring at you... just forewarning you now."

OOC:
Devlyn Maycry

Like when I close my eyes and don't even care if anyone sees me dancing;
Like I can fly, and don't even think of touching the ground.
Like a heartbeat skip, like an open page-
Like a one way trip on an aeroplane...
It's the way that I feel when I'm with you, brand new;
I feel like for the first time in a long time I am not afraid.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:10 pm
User ImageUser Image
𝐸𝒹𝒾𝓉𝑜𝓇 𝒶𝓉 𝒲𝒽𝒾𝓏𝓏 𝐻𝒶𝓇𝒹 𝐵𝑜𝑜𝓀𝓈
𝑀𝒶𝓇𝓇𝒾𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝒥𝒶𝓂𝑒𝓈 𝑀𝒶𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓇𝓈
𝑅𝒶𝓋𝑒𝓃𝒸𝓁𝒶𝓌 𝒜𝓁𝓊𝓂𝓃𝓊𝓈

════════════════

Lyre had had a wonderful time at the wedding, even if she was rather in pain from standing so long. Luckily, the whole wedding was beautiful, and it was wonderful. After the ceremony, The redhead readjusted and began a waddle over to Olyvia. She and Uriel were absolutely adorable. Lyre grinned and glanced over at James, wondering if he'd join her. Preferably soon, because her poor little feet were sore. "Oh, Lyv, Uriel, the ceremony was beautiful! Thank you for having me be a part of it. Well, us, I suppose!" She giggled, lovingly petting her belly. Little baby Maya was terribly active lately, and that led to a lack of sleep. Honestly, if it hadn't been for a lot of moral support from her friends and from James, she'd probably have been driven crazy. At the very thought, Maya started rolling, making Lyre hiccup.

Devlyn Maycry

The Forgotten Weasley

Cara MiaKitty

Wʜᴇʀᴇ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴍᴇɴ ɢᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴅs?
Wʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴛʜᴇ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛ-ᴡɪsᴇ Hᴇʀᴄᴜʟᴇs ᴛᴏ ғɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪsɪɴɢ ᴏᴅᴅs?
Isɴ'ᴛ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀ ᴡʜɪᴛᴇ ᴋɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴜᴘᴏɴ ᴀ ғɪᴇʀʏ sᴛᴇᴇᴅ?
Lᴀᴛᴇ ᴀᴛ ɴɪɢʜᴛ I ᴛᴏss ᴀɴᴅ I ᴛᴜʀɴ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴏғ ᴡʜᴀᴛ I ɴᴇᴇᴅ
I ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴀ ʜᴇʀᴏ! I'ᴍ ʜᴏʟᴅɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ʜᴇʀᴏ 'ᴛɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ
Hᴇ's ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ʙᴇ sᴛʀᴏɴɢᴀ ɴᴅ ʜᴇ's ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ʙᴇ ғᴀsᴛ
Aɴᴅ ʜᴇ's ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ʙᴇ ғʀᴇsʜ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ғɪɢʜᴛ
I ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴀ ʜᴇʀᴏ! I'ᴍ ʜᴏʟᴅɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ʜᴇʀᴏ 'ᴛɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ ʟɪɢʜᴛ
Hᴇ's ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ʙᴇ sᴜʀᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛ's ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ʙᴇ sᴏᴏɴ
Aɴᴅ ʜᴇ's ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ʙᴇ ʟᴀʀɢᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ʟɪғᴇ!

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:19 pm
User Image
User Image

Yesterday has come and gone
And I've learnt how to leave it where it is
And I see that I was wrong
For ever doubting I could win

Ravenclaw Alu mniXCursebreakerXTaken

Timmy wrapped his jacket around him tighter as a short gust of wind blew behind him as well as holding tighter to Mira's hand as the left the scene of the outdoor theater. He had decided to surprise his girlfriend with a date night considering that last year he had worked on their anniversary. And again this year. But he had gotten back the day after and wanted to make it up to her, make it special. Especially special for what he had planned. He lightly pat his pocket once more to ensure the gift was still there before turning and grinning over at Mira. Timmy had been thinking a lot lately as he watched his siblings marry and have kids, or more kids in Chalmes and Eretria's instance, and watched his cousins and nieces and nephews growing like weeds wasn't helping. Isaac was in primary school! He could've sworn just the other day he had been handed this little bundle of curly hair and told he was his baby brother. Loathe as he was to do it he released Mira's hand so that he could communicate. "Did you like the play? I didn't think it'd be this cold otherwise I would've suggested something else. I could get us another hot chocolate if you need it?" he asked just a tad anxiously. He really shouldn't have put too much trust on the weather report that day having lived in England all his life but he really hadn't expected the sudden windchill.
murruelecreuset

Ohh just like all the seasons never stay the same all around me i can feel a change [wearing]
I will break these chains that bind me, happiness will find me [Finsbury Park]
leave the past behind me, today my life begins [Mira
a whole new world is waiting it's mine for the taking [Enjoying the scenery]
I know I can make it, today my life begins [ooc]
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image  
The United Kingdom

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items