Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
Finsbury Park ~ London Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:42 pm
User Image

User Image Location: Finsbury Park

Mira had ripped her closet apart trying to find something to wear on her date with Timothy. Talk about a surprise. She couldn’t decide on anything. Until finally she managed to find something that would work. Nothing beats a sweater dress with a decent pair of earrings. Once everything was just where she wanted she was more than ready for whatever Timothy had in store for her. If that happened to be A Midsummer Night’s Dream at the outdoor theater then she couldn’t be happier. Then again they could do anything and she’d be happy about it. It was clear that she was only truly happy unless she was with Timothy. The rest of the time she was distracted with her sister’s kids or with work.

Despite work making things a little difficult, Mira reminded herself she could be like Grace whose boyfriend was still in school. The Slytherin purposely took her sister to get an owl so she could communicate with Avian. Of course now, Mira just felt sorry for the poor bird. Though, she wasn’t too concerned about it now. Between a good show, hot chocolate, and her wonderful boyfriend things couldn’t get any better.

“I loved the play. It was really good. Though, I think the company had something to do with it too.” Mira answered him with a combo of signing and speaking. Smiling she would definitely say that it was the company that was the best part. “I’m good. Oddly enough sweater dresses are fashionable yet functional.” She told him. “You can’t control the weather Timothy. Besides I would have thought Benjamin’s first lesson about dating would have been cold equals closeness. Although I’m sure he’d have a different analogy.” She added with a smirk. “But seriously this was great cold weather or not.”

User Image

With: Timothy

Wearing: Proper Date Attire

OOC: ---

Snow the Flying Squirrel

Yukina101

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:21 pm
User Image
User Image

Yesterday has come and gone
And I've learnt how to leave it where it is
And I see that I was wrong
For ever doubting I could win

Ravenclaw Alu mniXCursebreakerXTaken

Timmy grinned happily as Mira told him that she loved the play and his company which made him pink a little in her exuberance. He held his tongue on her observation about sweater dresses since his own would probably have something to do with how he thought she looked gorgeous in it. Or really in anything. Which then prompted him to think of what she looked like out of her clothing. Which he decidedly ignored because he was a gentleman dammit and gentlemen don't have those sort of thoughts about the person they love while on a date in public. Without their consent. He also grinned sheepishly as she assured him that the weather wasn't his fault, not that he thought it was...somaybehehad, and blushed fully as he brought up Benji and one of his impromptu date lessons. "I haven't listened to those 'lessons' since we were thirteen." Timothy told her with a silent chuckle silently agreeing with her that his friend had used some less than satisfactory language. He was sure had his mother heard him there probably would've been spiders in his bed until graduation. They walked along the paved walkway leading through the park and he could still hear the breakdown of the theater as well as a lone cello still playing through one of the waltzes from the play. Timothy paused at a clearing of trees and figured it would be now or never. He once again took back his hand from hers wringing both of them in nervous energy as he tried to finagle them into actual words. "You already know I'm not the best with words," he grinned self-deprecatingly, "but I'm going to do my best. I never thought that I'd live to see my teenage years let alone my twenties and, and I these ideas, wishes of what I'd like to do if I actually lived. None of them involved me falling in love with anyone and I'm kind of glad they didn't, because nothing would've compared to what I have and what I feel for you. So, as the age old adage goes, that when you find something or someone special that you keep them close, I, well," Timothy fumbled for a few seconds trying to fit his still shaking hands in his jacket pocket before he clasped his hand around the rose quartz box and pulled it out while simultaneously falling to both knees. Then remembering that that's not how it goes and awkwardly sat back up slightly to lower himself down to just one knee. He then remembered that he couldn't speak and open at the same time and gently placed the ring box in her hands to open. "Mira, will you marry me?" He looked hopefully at the ring box where he knew a golden ruby ring laid inside.
murruelecreuset

Ohh just like all the seasons never stay the same all around me i can feel a change [wearing]
I will break these chains that bind me, happiness will find me [Finsbury Park]
leave the past behind me, today my life begins [Mira]
a whole new world is waiting it's mine for the taking [Enjoying the scenery]
I know I can make it, today my life begins [ooc]
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image  

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:10 am
User Image

User Image Location: Finsbury Park

Mira smiled from ear to ear at Timothy’s mention of not listening to Benjamin’s advice. Truthfully she was grateful that her boyfriend didn’t follow his best friend’s advice. The world couldn’t handle two Benji’s in one social circle. “That good because I don’t think I could handle it.” She admitted not even knowing how Morven did. Then again what worked for them didn’t necessarily work for everyone. On the upside at least Mira had come to like Benjamin in fact he was one of her closest friends. She had to thank Timothy for that. The two were like brothers after all.

Taking Timothy’s hand again Mira walked along the paved walkway hand in hand. It was nice and peaceful. With just the two of them it was perfect. The Slytherin alum had no idea just how perfect it was going to be as they stopped by a clearing of trees. She looked curiously at him as he mentioned he wasn’t the best with words but he’d do his best.
‘What is he up to?’ She thought as he went one to talk about how he never thought he’d make it this far. How he never planned to fall in love and glad he didn’t because it wouldn’t compare to what they had. That if you found something or someone special you should keep them close.

Whoever said he was bad with words?

Mira could tell that his hands were a bit on the shaky side. Luckily it wasn’t enough that she didn’t know what he was trying to say. What she didn’t know was why? Though, as he went on she stopped wondering and just listened. Timothy was certainly tugging at her heart strings and if she didn’t know any better it sounded like he was pouring his heart out.
“You aren’t bad with words. You’ve always said more to me then you think you do…” Mira would have said more but when she saw the rose quartz box she froze. ‘Is he doing what I think he’s doing…?’ She thought her mind beginning to race a million miles a minute.

With her mind trying to process what was about to happen before it actually happened, she didn’t even notice his slight mess up. Honestly she didn’t care how he did it. It was the fact that he was doing it that mattered. She’d dreamed about it secretly but was never sure if it would actually happen. Holding the box in her hand she looked from it to Timothy.
‘Oh my god he is…’ She thought her mouth falling open in stunned excitement. Mira reminded herself at that moment to close her mouth after all she wasn’t catching flies. Hearing those few final words, she opened the box. She knew how this worked. Say the words, open the box, and surprise.

Inside laid a beautiful ring and not just any ring, her ring. Her engagement ring!
“Yes definitely yes.” Mira answered with a mix of delight and shock. “Oh my god… This ring is beautiful. Everything you just said was beautiful. There is nothing I could possibly say that could come close. All I know is, I love you, and I couldn’t see my life without you even for a second.” She told him before giving him a hug and a kiss. Deep down Mira never thought she’d be important to anyone. It felt like a dream but it was a dream she didn’t want to wake up from. Letting him go, Mira was beaming from ear to ear. “So, would you like to do the honors?”

User Image

With: Timothy

Wearing: Proper Date Attire

OOC: ---

Snow the Flying Squirrel

Yukina101

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:26 pm
User Image
Colten "Cole" Lambert
Half-Blood Nine Years Old Future Beauxbaton Student Adopted

It was a summer occurrence for Colten and Enid to go to the park. Since their parents started dating it gave all of them a chance to have some space. Colten loved the park for one reason, birds! Despite Enid hardly understanding most childlike activities, this obsession of his she got. It was people watching on with binoculars and winged creatures. If it hadn’t been for the red haired boy, she probably wouldn’t get out and about to begin with. The fact that she had a friend, Enid was sure made her mum happy.

Colten had been surveying the park before spotting the tall tower on the playground. He decided it was a good idea to climb to the top. It was probably better then attempting to climb a tree after all. His papa would be happy he’d gone with the former. Climbing up to the very top, the boy looked around before grabbing his binoculars and bringing them up to his face. Looking through he could see all kinds of things. Though, he was looking for something specific. He just wasn’t sure what.

Enid on the other hand went straight for the swings. It was one of her enjoyments at the park. She looked over at Colten assuming the boy would join her. Though, it became apparent he had other ideas. Shaking her head she wasn’t surprised. She watched Colten look about as she too scanned the park. Not for the same reason but it was a reason none the less. When the red haired boy climbed up to the top of a tower, Enid slid off the swing she was on.

“Colten, what are you doing up there?” Enid called up to him as she walked up to the base of the tower. “Uh…?” Colten looked down to where he heard his friend’s voice. Suddenly a blurred image came into view. Jumping in surprise he’d forgotten he was still looking through his binoculars. “Oh!” He said bringing the binoculars down from his face. Seeing Enid down below, he smiled brightly. “Oiseau watching,” Colten told her. “Oiseau means bird right?” She questioned. “Oui, this is the best spot for it.” He added. Somehow she knew he was going to say that.

With : Each other...

OOC : - - -

river rocker

User Image

Enid Amelia Clarisse née Brewster
Half-Blood Eight Year Old Future Hogwarts Student Adopted

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

river rocker

Profitable Bloodsucker

7,900 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:03 pm
User Image

G A R L A N D ~ L Y Z O Я I O N
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
ρureblood ~ Ӈogwarts 2038 ~ ϛweets

█║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║║█║█║▌│█║▌│║║█

She shouldn't have wandered so far away, she shouldn't have gotten into her mothers floo powder, but she couldn't help it! It was so boring staying in that stuffy old house all the time! Garland's cheeks puffed out as she took in a breath and looked out at the two new park visitors from her place under the slide. A girl with dark hair and a boy with fire running around on his head, his hair was actually really pretty, it kind of reminded her of a doll her mother tried to get her to play with, Raggy Anne or something like that.

Garland hid herself under the slide as the girl went toward the side and the boy disappeared from sight. She would watch the girl for a few minutes as she lingered on the swing before she to vanished out of sight. The girl didn't look that bad. Garland would slowly crawl out from under the slide, rubbing the sawdust off her knees before looking around to find the two. The tower! Garland grinned as she quickly walked behind one of the poles and snuck over to the tower as she started to climb up to meet the two.

Garland was about three fourths of the way up the tower when she heard the word birds, if her eyes could light up from within they could but instead they just got shiny as she scrambled up the last bit and jumped up onto the tower platform "Birds?" Garland said, her hand gripping the pole as she took several deep breaths "Did you say birds?" she managed to whisper out as she tried to catch her breath, her cheeks going bright red, her lips pressed together hard before finally...she smiled, her eyes going soft as she sat down in the tower "What's your favorite?" she asked him, her eyes wide.

O O C

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

WHERE Park WITH Strangers OUTFIT Picture MOOD Playful

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:28 pm
User Image
Colten "Cole" Lambert

“You should come up and see.” Colten told Enid. The girl thought about it for a split second before shrugging it off and climbing up to join him. “Let’s see these birds then.” She said crossing her arms. Enid really doubted the tower was the best place. She would have gone for some place more nature filled. Like a forest but in the park she guessed it was a better a place as any. “Okay,” Colten said totally prepared to find those birds and prove to Enid he was right.

Right when Colten was about to look through his binoculars a voice said birds. It wasn’t Enid’s voice. Both Colten and Enid turned to see who spoke. A brunette girl that looked to be about their age seemed to be interested in the topic of birds. Enid nodded to the girl before Colten spoke up. “Oui… I mean yes.” Colten replied. The moment the girl asked what Colten’s favourite bird was Enid knew what they were in for. Her expression literally said ‘oh no’. There was just no stopping it.

Any time that Colten could talk about birds made him thrilled. It was the one topic that would keep him going for hours. That was exactly what Enid was afraid of. “Me, the real colorful ones. Like the Kingfish, you don’t see them too often or the Brambling. I like Swallows. And, Puffins… but those aren’t round here.” Colten told her. “Puffins are water birds. They live on the North Pacific and the North Atlantic.” He added before Enid nudged him in the shoulder. “Cole…” She muttered pulling him back to reality.

“Oh! My name is Colten or Cole and she is Enid.” Colten introduced the two of them. “Hello,” Enid managed to get out with a small wave. “What’s your name? Do you have a favourite bird?” He asked curiously. “Or birds?” Enid added since Colten had already taken the liberty of listing quite a few. Then again he would have go on about the whole world of birds if she had let him.

With : Each other... Garland

river rocker

User Image

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

river rocker

Profitable Bloodsucker

7,900 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:50 am
User Image

G A R L A N D ~ L Y Z O Я I O N
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
ρureblood ~ Ӈogwarts 2038 ~ ϛweets

Garland grinned at the two, showing the gap in her teeth from her missing bottom tooth. She liked these two already "Garland" she said proudly as she finally stood up once she caught her breath from scrambling over to Colten and Enid, her face had returned to the neutral slightly pale colour that she normally had as she listened to Colton's list. She had never heard of a Kingfish but by the sound of it she knew that it must be pretty. She had heard of Branbling, Swallows and Puffins but she always got the latter confused with Penguins.

She would then smile as she looked at Enid and then she looked back at Cole "I like Mocking birds and Cardinals... I use to like blue jays but we had this one that nested right outside my window and its chirping was so loud and it kept waking me up and I couldn't sleep, but then it laid eggs one time and then it disappeared so I guess Blue Jays are okay" Garland said as she looked up at the sky "I like the fat birds, they look like the puffins but they're shiny and they go like this" Garland put her hands down at her sides and turned her feet out, waddling a few steps in order to imitate a penguin before she stopped and turned to look back at Colten and Enid. She would look at the dark haired girl and she would tilt her head slightly wondering why she was so silent? Garland would then move a few steps closer to Enid "Do you like birds? Every one likes birds." Garland asked her "Did you know that Ravens and Crows had babies? they come from the eggs and they look like black baby chickens, They're puffy like the baby chickens but they're not yellow and its so cute." Garland said as she looked at Enid, Enid reminded her a little bit of baby crows with her black hair and few words.

O O C

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

WHERE Park WITH Cole and Enid OUTFIT Picture MOOD Playful

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:28 pm
User Image
Colten "Cole" Lambert

Garland seemed nice and Colten liked her already! Enid like always was being her unsure self. She was always a skeptic with new people even kids her age. It was a shame really. Colten still hadn’t broken the habit. Hearing Garland answer his question on what birds she liked made him like her even more. She was great! What with liking the same thing as him. “Mockingbirds are awesome! So are Cardinals! What, with their red color and everything.” Colten said. Instinctively Enid was already set for the blue jays, and sure enough… “And, blue jays are awesome too. Sure they can be noisy but when you hear it you know it’s one of them.” He said smiling brightly.

Colten giggled at Garland’s interruption of a penguin. Enid only watched and listened. ‘Boy, are these two are weird…’ She thought to herself. The worst part was she was best friends with one of them. “Penguin! You mean penguin. They’re arctic birds… well, Antarctic actually.” Colten said brightly. ‘Yeah… that would have been my first guess.’ She thought before Garland looked to her. It was typical for people to try and get her to talk or ask her why she was being quiet. So it was no surprise when the brunette asked.

“Sure I guess… Though, I’m kind of more a cat person.” Enid answered the girl as she gestured to her cat shirt. “Can’t say I’ve ever seen a baby raven or crow nest…” She told Garland. “They sure are cute. Hard to believe they are same bird.” Colten said brightly to Garland's mention on the black birds. “Oh, you like birds Enid! Remember, that hummingbird…” He added looking to Enid. “Okay, maybe I like hummingbirds. They come in all kinds of colors. Not to mention they fly like helicopters.” So maybe there were a few birds that she actually did like.

With : Each other... Garland

river rocker

User Image

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:15 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Kaelyn was done with her father. Completely and 100% done. A few weeks ago, he had shown up on her doorstep, handed her a ******** 4 month old baby and said it was her sister, before leaving again. He apparently had some new floozy on his arm that didn't want to be a mom or something. She was done though. With a new baby in her life, she had finally decided to do the right thing and gone to the muggle court system and requested a court date to argue for custody of her two sisters. Since her dead beat dad didn't even bother to show up to court, she was granted full and legal custody of them with no visitation rights unless she chose too. So here she was as the official legal guardian of 17 year old Alethea, and new mother to 4 month old Mackenna.

She swore to god if her dad ever showed up with another kid she was going to sue him for neglect. She would have a case too with all the evidence from her life, Ally's life, and now Mackenna's too. There was one problem though,
                                                      despite the hundreds of parenting books she was shuffling through,
                                                      she had no idea how to be a mom. Ally had been 11 when she'd arrived at her doorstep, and even then Kaelyn had been pretty shitty at first.
                                                      Kae hadn't had 9 months of pregnancy to prepare herself for a newborn,
                                                      and now she had to cram to try and figure it all out. Mack was still alive though, so she was clearly doing at least a few things right.

She had read somewhere that fresh air was good for babies so she'd packed the child into a stroller and taken a walk to a local park where she was now sitting on a bench doing her best to stop the girl was screaming bloody murder. "Why are you crying Mack?" She begged the baby, dangling fingers in front of the child's face since that usually calmed her down at least a little. "I just fed you! You just got up from a nap. What else could your tiny heart possibly desire?" She clearly had no idea what she was doing, but at least she was trying. That was more than her dad had ever done. She still wasn't sure how she had survived infancy with him. Probably a s**t ton of nanny's. Kaelyn was determined to do this right though. And since she worked at home as a freelance song writer, there was no need for a nanny to watch the kid while she was at work.

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:46 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

xx⤑ 𝔚𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔢 𝔞𝔪 𝓘? Finsbury Park
xxx⤑ 𝔚𝔥𝔬'𝔰 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔪𝔢? Augustus and a few others
xxxx⤑ 𝔚𝔥𝔞𝔱'𝔰 𝔤𝔬𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔬𝔫? Play Time
xxxxx⤑ 𝔚𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔞𝔯𝔢 𝔪𝑦 𝔱𝔥𝔬𝔲𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔰? Hope I can help this nice lady

Zavier was rather excited for today. He had planned to go into Diagon and buy some nice new quills and such, but also he'd promised Gus they'd go to the park together. So after breakfast and a round of breathing treatments, the duo bundled up and headed for London. Luckily, they didn't live too far away, so they hopped in the little car and chugged over to Finsbury park. It'd been a trying month for the two, so the fresh air and sunshine (however weak it was), would be good for them both. Honestly, the man just hoped his son wouldn't fall ill again. It was difficult to get him better, after all. "Daddy, I'm gonna go play on the tower, 'kay? And I'll watch for bad guys!" Gus grinned happily, before hurrying off to the play tower.

Zavier watched the boy for a minute, a smile on his face as the energetic boy climbed into the play area. "Be careful, Augustus. I'm going to sit on that bench there, alright?" Once he received an affirmative from the boy, he went to sit at the nearest bench, which just so happened to have a young lady with pale pink hair trying to reason with a baby. He sat at the other end, but glanced over, feeling his heart pang. The poor girl looked in way over her head, so he dug through his bag of Gus' things and pulled out a soft old teddy bear. His son had long since stopped playing with it, but the bear stayed in Zavier's bag for some reason. It was probably the emotions attached to it. "Do you need some help? My son always used to get fussy right after napping too." After waiting for a few seconds (so as not to seem like a total creep), the man bounced the bear on the girl's lap, making silly sounds. It had always worked for Gus, so he rather hoped it would help quiet this baby too, if only because her mum looked near ready to cry.

Devlyn Maycry

Iᴛ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛɪꜰᴜʟ ʟᴇᴛ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴡʜᴇɴ I ᴄʀᴀsʜᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ʙᴜʀɴᴇᴅ
Wʜᴇɴ I ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴍʏsᴇʟꜰ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ ᴜɴᴋɴᴏᴡɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴜʀᴛ
Iᴛ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛɪꜰᴜʟ ʟᴇᴛ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ I ᴋɴᴇᴡ
Tʜᴀᴛ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪᴄʜᴇs ᴛʜɪs ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ʜᴀᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴏꜰꜰᴇʀ ᴍᴇ wᴏᴜʟᴅ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴅᴏ
Iɴ ᴀ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ꜰᴜʟʟ ᴏꜰ ʙɪᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴘᴀɪɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʙɪᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴅᴏᴜʙᴛ
I ᴡᴀs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ sᴏ ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴛᴏ ꜰɪᴛ ɪɴ, ꜰɪᴛ ɪɴ,
Uɴᴛɪʟ I ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇʟᴏɴɢ ʜᴇʀᴇ
I ᴡɪʟʟ ᴄᴀʀʀʏ ᴀ ᴄʀᴏss ᴀɴᴅ ᴀ sᴏɴɢ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇʟᴏɴɢ
Bᴜᴛ I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇʟᴏɴɢ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:05 am

Kaelyn was close to tears at this point, which definitely wasn't helping, since Mackenna was also crying. She felt run dry after just a few weeks with the baby, how was she supposed to survive 18 years if a few weeks of sleepless worried nights got to her this much? A man had sat down on the other side of the bench, and part of her was terrified he was going to think she was the most terrible pseudo-mum ever because the baby was screaming bloody murder. Instead, he offered her help, and before she could answer, he plopped a teddy bear in front of Mack's face and bounced it around, making cute little noises.

It took a couple seconds, but Mack eventually noticed the teddy bear and stopped screaming to stare in fascination. The little girl gurgled and giggled before reaching her fingers out to try and grab the bear. She had very little dexterity yet, so her chubby fingers just wiggled in the air as another giggle left her lips. Kaelyn stared in amazement, before slowly turning to face the man. "Are you a miracle worker?" She asked slowly. She knew kids needed toys when they were older... obviously but at this age she wasn't really sure what interested a baby and what was safe. She had gotten a crib with a mobile which satisfied Mackenna when she was in her crib... But beyond that Kae had very little idea what she was supposed to do to entertain a baby. They played peekaboo a lot...

The baby had transferred her wiggly fingers from reaching for the teddy to reaching for Kaelyn, so she carefully lifted the child from the stroller and plopped her down on her lap. "I'm sorry I must look like a crazy person." She said with a quiet laugh, as she tickled Mack's sides, eliciting another giggle from the girl who had now gone back to reaching for the teddy. "My name's Kaelyn Butler, by the way, thanks for the help. I'm not very good at all of this... Don't think I was meant to be a mum really."

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:00 pm

xxx⤑ 𝔚𝔥𝔬'𝔰 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔪𝔢? Augustus, Kaelyn, and a baby
xxxxx⤑ 𝔚𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔞𝔯𝔢 𝔪𝑦 𝔱𝔥𝔬𝔲𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔰? Hope I can help this nice lady

Zavier continued making his silly noises, the baby slowing her tears to watch the bear instead. After a few moments, she giggled, trying to grab at the bear, which he kept moving, hopefully to keep her attention. The young woman asked if he was a miracle worker, and Zavi had to chuckle. "Not hardly. I'm just a single dad who knows some of the tricks. My son, Augustus, had issues with being fussy as a baby. But between his medical issues and colic, your lovely little lamb seems angelic." He grinned, glancing over at his son, who was playing on the slide.

He returned his attention to the girls as the baby was lifted onto her mom's lap. Luckily, she was still giggling. He'd been on the end where he slightly shuffled Gus and got drowned out by screams. She commented on sounding crazy, and Zavier laughed once, a short, bark-like sound. "Not crazy, just a bit overwhelmed. It gets easier, it does. For now, it is difficult, but once they're walking and talking.... and sleeping all night, you'll be amazed at how fast it goes." He bounced the bear a few more times, finally relenting to letting the girl take it. Maybe she could gnaw on it or something. The woman spoke again, this time offering her name and a thanks. "Pleasure to meet you Kaelyn. My name's Zavier Moore. And don't worry, no one's good at parenting their first time around. Sure, some people look really put together in public, but I'd betcha a thousand pounds their home tells a different tale." He grinned, another polite look in his otherwise faraway gaze. He only looked away when Gus wandered over to the swings, then the man glanced at his watch before returning his gaze to Kaelyn and the baby.

Devlyn Maycry

Bᴜᴛ I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇʟᴏɴɢ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:36 pm

Mackenna was now happily squeezing the bear with her chubby fingers and attempting to chew on the ear. She only had one tooth poking through in her mouth yet, so it was really more just soaking the thing in her slobber. Kaelyn sighed and shrugged, shaking her head. "I don't know if I really count as a first time mom, or even a mom at all." She muttered. She had to think about it, but realized then that her sentence really didn't make sense. She was sitting in a park on a bench with a baby in her lap. She was also a mess about it, which painted her to be a first time mum.
                                                                                  She chuckled and shook her head.

"Sorry, I should explain." She tickled Mack again, getting another giggle from her. "Mackenna is my baby sister. My white trash dead beat dad dropped her off on my doorstep a couple weeks ago. She's not the first sister I've had dropped on me though. My other baby sister Alethea got dropped off with me when she was eleven right before school. Guess my dad didn't wanna deal with another kid going to boarding school." She had almost said Hogwarts but she caught herself. She had to assume this man was a muggle and breaking teh statute of secrecy was not on the top of her list. "I let that one be, figuring he just wanted someone to watch out for her since he lives in America and the school is in the UK. But he never came back for her or even visited. Next time I saw him was almost 7 years later when he's dropping off this nugget." She shrugged and pressed a gentle kiss to the baby's head.

"So I took him to court and got custody of both of them... even though Ally only has a few more months until she's a legal adult. Either way, I just don't know if that really makes me a mum. I didn't do a great job with Ally and she was 11 when I met her. I dunno how I'm supposed to raise a baby from scratch without screwing up..." She blushed suddenly, realizing she had just basically spouted her entire life story to this man. Well not her entire life story. She hadn't mentioned how her dad basically let her raise herself from age 11 on, and how she was an emotional wreck that didn't know how to have a serious relationship and screwed up most things in her life, or how she basically neglected Ally for the first year or so before finally realizing she was doing a bad job. She definitely hadn't mentioned Yves or Heath, her only two serious relationships in her life. So that was good at least. "Sorry... I tend to sort of word vomit... a lot... generally to complete and utter strangers too."

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:04 pm

xxx⤑ 𝔚𝔥𝔬'𝔰 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔪𝔢? Augustus, Kaelyn, and Mackenna
xxxxx⤑ 𝔚𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔞𝔯𝔢 𝔪𝑦 𝔱𝔥𝔬𝔲𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔰? Dredging up old thoughts

Zavier grinned as the baby happily chewed on the bear's ear. Honestly, he was glad the bear had found its way out of the bag where it'd been for months. Kaelyn mentioned that she shouldn't count as a mom, first time or otherwise. He simply responded with a lifted eyebrow, a look asking for more details. Luckily, Kaelyn said she should explain. He listened as she spoke of her scummy father leaving poor Mackenna at her doorstep AFTER having left another child with her. Apparently the older child went to a boarding school at eleven. Could she be magical? How would he ask? It would break the statute if he outright asked... unless she was magical. But for now, he opted to remain quiet on the subject. Maybe he could think of a way to be super sneaky about it.

She continued, saying that she understood the elder child, Alethea, being dropped off, since her school was in the UK and their father lived across the pond. Apparently it had been seven years between Alethea and Mackenna, meaning the elder child was an adult herself now. After saying she got custody of both girls in a court battle, he offered an encouraging nod. She was concerned about messing up, and he knew the feeling fondly. "I know it's hard, but it'll get easier. With Gus... his mum was a career woman. When she got pregnant, I was so excited, you know, to start a family and get real commitment from her... She said she didn't want the baby, or to be pregnant at all. I begged, said I'd take the baby and never ask her for a cent. Ended up paying for everything during the pregnancy on a small salary from my old ministry job, but it wasn't enough for her. She broke my heart, but continued taking my money, using her pregnancy to get a promotion and all. He was born early, really sick. Instead of making sure her only child was alright.... she left. After she was recovered, she just left me and Gus."

He sighed quietly, trying to keep from feeling heartache. Poor Kaelyn didn't need his emotions dumped on her too, she had enough troubling her. "Anyway, I stayed with him every day in the hospital while he was there. Lost my job and all... but it was worth it. Now I've got a wonderful son, a fantastic job, and a happy life. But I remember those early toddler days. They're hell, indeed, but they do get better." He looked over at his son, trying casually to dry the tears sitting on his lower lashes. He dug through the bag once more, pulling out a small notepad. He found a pen as well, and wrote down his phone number and address on the page in his blocky lettering. "Here, I don't want you to have to feel alone in this. If you need help with either of the girls, or need advice on toys, food, or anything else, please don't hesitate to call." He handed it over, a small grin on his lips. When he'd been raising his son, he'd had no one to call upon, so he really hoped she'd be accepting of his offer of help. "As for Miss Mackenna, I have a bunch of Gus' old toys and his old bouncer, high-chair, and probably some of his crib bedding.... if you need any of it. That way you won't have to spend money on it."

Devlyn Maycry

Bᴜᴛ I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇʟᴏɴɢ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:41 am
    User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                              Late Autumn Midday 2038

space(✽) Ʋαѕιℓιѕα Mαякσν
                                              spxxxxsxxxxce PurebloodRavenclaw AlumnaWerewolf, Blood Oath Pack
                                              spxxxxxxsxxce Potion MistressWandmakerOllivanders Shop Assistant

speShe said at night in my dreams, "You dance on a tightrope of weird"
                                              speOh, but when I wake up, you're so normal that you just disappear
                                              speYou're so straight like commuters with briefcases towing the line
                                              speThere's no residue of a torturer inside of your eyes!
                                              speShe said, "You're just like Mike Love but you wanna be Brian Wilson"

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Vasilisa was sitting with her legs crossed on a bench, looking at her pocketwatch wondering when her old friend she invited to hang out with will finally come here. She and Arthur weren't that close, per se, but they knew each other enough due for the fact that they were housemate. Also, Vasilisa only managed to be friends with Art when he was bitten, but still little did she know about him at all. Sure, he was nice but she thought that he was a bit mysterious as hell. Not that she has a problem with it, Andrea and Lock were a pair of messed-up mysteries- leaving to the theory that Meuric, Arthur and her were the most normal ones. But then again, Vasilisa knew better than straight-out invading their spaces and put a foot down her mouth.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                              speShe said, "You're just like Mike Love but you'll never be Brian Wilson!"
                                              speAnd I said: Hey, hey! If crazy equals genius-
                                              speHey, hey! If crazy equals genius, then I'm a ******** arsonist!
                                              speI'm a rocket scientist! Hey, hey, if crazy equals genius-
                                              speYou can set yourself on fire, but you're never gonna burn, burn, burn
                                              speYou can set yourself on fire, but you're never gonna learn, learn, learn!

WITH [herself] AT [bench, Finsbury Park]
                                              ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                              SIGNATURE SONG 】-【 ATTIRE 】-【 PERSONAL FILES

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                              OOCcor
                                              ((ooc info here))

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The United Kingdom

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items