Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
Finsbury Park ~ London Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:52 pm
Natasha Blythe // Sebastian Blythe
Housewife & Gardener // Finsbury Park Playground // Wearing
CURRENTLY WITH // Sebastian
CURRENTLY FEELING // Happy
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, his first outing since he's started walking... so sweet...'
Baby // Playground // Wearing
CURRENTLY WITH // Mommy
CURRENTLY FEELING // Excited
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Where is this this is new I like it it's outside I like outside...'
═════════════════════════════════

User Image

spaceNatasha nodded, laughing a little. "I'm still wondering if he'll stay that way. His hair, I mean. Jonathan, my husband, his hair was blonde when he was younger, but when he hit about 17 it started getting darker and darker. Now it's a sandy brown. His eyes though... I'm pretty sure those are here to stay. Although, the genes must have been recessive, for me not to have blue eyes. We had no idea Jonathan could even pass that gene on, he doesn't remember how far back anyone in his family had them." She pulled Sebastian up and looked in his eyes for a moment, and made a face at him. When he giggled, she poked her nose against his for a moment, and then looked back up at Serena, smiling. "It was really nice for him to be born when he was. I had him smack in the middle of the holidays, so his sister was home from Hog-" She stopped, blushing a bit at her slip up. She'd literally just been on herself about not slipping up around other muggles. "School. She was on break from school, and she got to be at the hospital be the first to hold him... other than me and Jonathan, of course." She hoped that dragging the conversation past the slip up would let it go unnoticed.

spaceCompletely unaware of his mother's mistake, he noticed when, swiftly after playing faces with him and touching noses, she said something and then got uncomfortable. She started speaking faster, like she did when she was upset. To try and make her feel better, he grabbed her hair and tugged a little, talking baby talk to her, smiling and giggling. He didn't like when his mommy got nervous.

User Image

(( OOC: ))

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:43 pm

۵ Serena Rowley ۵
Thirty One: Muggle

User Image
Promises..
aren't meant to be broken.

Serena shrugged. "His hair might darken as he ages although you have a long time before that happens," she said with a chuckle at the end. She watched in awe as Natasha pushed her nose up against Sebastian's. What a cute little family! she thought. A memory of when Cameron was a baby popped into her mind. The two used to always make funny faces at each other, just like the woman in front of her and her son. She reminisced in this memory until Natasha spoke again. Hog? School? she wondered. No. It's not Hogwarts. What are the odds of knowing someone else whose kid goes to Hogwarts? She tried to brush off the thought, but she couldn't since she never heard of any other school that started with "Hog". "Were you going to say Hogwarts by any chance?" she asked. If the woman claimed to not know what that was, Serena could always cover it up by saying it was a regular boarding school somewhere far away.

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:31 am
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, his first outing since he's started walking... so sweet...'
CURRENTLY WITH // Mommy
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Where is this this is new I like it it's outside I like outside...'

User Image

spaceWhen Serena asked if she'd meant Hogwarts, Natasha's mouth dropped open like something out of cartoon. This woman knew about Hogwarts? Was she a witch? Surely not, she thought, normally witches spent time in the wizarding areas of Britain, she hadn't noticed any out and about... but then again, how would she know if she had? She wasn't a witch, after all. Suddenly, she felt a bit foolish for that never occurring to her before. She shook her head and recovered, a smile forming. "I actually was... but I thought... I mean... it's rather hard to cover up something that obvious, I guess." She blushed a bit, shaking her head again and offering a nervous laugh. "If you don't mind my asking... what do you know about Hogwarts?" Asking what the woman knew seemed a bit less insulting than how do you know, and it was a good way of finding out if Serena was a witch, or a muggle parent of one like her, or perhaps just a relative of a young witch or wizard who had been told what school the child went to but nothing more. She just hoped she hadn't gotten herself in trouble by letting it slip.

spaceHis mommy seemed a bit better, but still nervous. There was something strange about the pitch of her voice, but he wasn't so sure what that meant. He looked back at the woman his mommy was speaking to, and squirmed a little. When he'd approached the woman, he'd been trying to make a new friend so someone else would play with him, not so they could stand there talking. He let off a string of baby talk to his mother and the woman, squirming all the while, wanting to be set down to play. He wanted them to chase him!

spaceNatasha looked down at her son, noting his sudden energy spike. She set him down on the ground so he could walk around a bit and maybe let off some energy, handing him his favorite stuffed owl and smiling at him before looking back up at Serena.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:29 am

۵ Serena Rowley ۵

User Image
Promises..

Serena gave a small laugh when Natasha was surprised her cover up hadn't worked. She sat up straight against the bench's back when she was asked how she knew about the place. "My son is a wizard and goes to Hogwarts," she said in a slight whisper in case anyone was around that shouldn't hear. Although she was a muggle, she knew other muggles weren't supposed to know about magic or the school. She wanted badly to find out with Natasha was a witch herself, but she had no idea how to ask that politely. She couldn't ask if she was a "witch" as that wasn't something muggle women wanted to be called. Her eyes narrowed onto Sebastian when many different noises erupted from his mouth and smiled at him. He's so cute! she thought before looking back up at the boy's mother.

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:21 pm
CURRENTLY WITH // Mommy

User Image

spaceNatasha's face lit up, and she gave a huge smile. She'd said her son was a wizard... meaning she wasn't a witch? If so, they were in the same boat... or maybe almost the same boat, that is, since she hadn't mentioned a husband who was or was not also magical. Still, it was something! The woman before her was, in all likelihood, a muggle like herself, with a magical child! How amazing! "My Adalaide is a witch, in her third year. A halfblood. My husband is a wizard. I'm not... well, I'm a muggle. Have you heard that term?" Natasha immediately regretted that. She hadn't had a complete confirmation that Serena was, in fact, a muggle, so she might have just asked a witch if she'd heard a magical term. How very rude of her! She bit her lip a little, still smiling, but a tad nervous.

spaceSebastian watched as his mother waved her arms a bit excitedly, and he laughed before standing, plopping onto his bottom, and then standing again. Once he was on his feet, however unsteady, he began taking slow, methodical steps, staring at the ground and watching his feet, falling over a few times, his hands on the ground to hold him up. It should have helped his balance, but it didn't. Still, it was something. He managed to push himself off his hands a couple of times to take a step or two, but he always fell after that. All the while, he could feel his mother watching him, despite her conversation with the nice lady.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:08 pm

۵ Serena Rowley ۵

User Image
Promises..

Serena raised her eyebrows when Natasha spoke about her daughter. "Cameron, my son, is in his third year as well! Do you think they know each other?" she asked. Her son never really talked about any of his friends or classmates, so Adalaide may have been mentioned once or twice, but Serena hadn't recalled any conversations about the girl. "No," she said with a slight shake of her head. "What is a muggle?" The woman had never heard this term before. However, by Natasha's description of her daughter and husband, she guessed it meant she was not magical. "Cameron is a.. he's the only one who's magical in my family," she stated, not sure how else to describe a muggle born. "His father is.. not a wizard, and neither am I." Without knowing any of the terms, it was difficult to describe what her family was.

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:16 am
CURRENTLY WITH // Mommy

User Image

spaceNatasha smiled a bit, noticing she had confused and seemed to have somewhat upset the other woman. "Magical folk usually call non-magical folk Muggles. I'm not sure where the word came from, but that's what they call them. Or, us, I suppose. Which would make Cameron a Muggleborn, like my sister Hannelore. That's how Jonathan and I met, he and my older sister were best friends in school." Nat tapped her chin a moment, searching her memory to see if she recalled hearing the name Cameron. "I think that Ada may have mentioned Cameron a couple of times... although I'm afraid she doesn't have many overly close friends. She's a bit shy... well, actually, she's frightfully shy. I think her father and I might have hogged her to ourselves a bit too much as a child... there was an incident with a boy nearby and after that we were a bit overprotective. So, when she went to school... she didn't really know how to make friends. The only friend we know for sure that she's really close to is one she met while shopping before first year, and she only spoke to the girl because we convinced her to..." Natasha trailed off. Sometimes, she really worried about poor Ada. She had such a hard time with people... Most of the time, the fact that Ada was so close to them made her sure they were good parents, but other times she worried that Ada might be a bit too attached. She needed friends her own age, after all...

spaceSebastian crawl-walked his way back over to the two women, tugging on his mother's pants and cooing at her. He was super happy, but a bit tired. And hungry. He needed something to eat. He made a weird little grumbly noise, staring up at his mommy with wide, blue eyes.

spaceNatasha looked down and picked her son back up, smiling. "That was his 'feed me' noise..."

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:41 pm

۵ Serena Rowley ۵

User Image
Promises..

Serena nodded, finally understanding the term "muggle." "I guess he is a muggleborn then," she said. "Is it normal for muggleborn children to exist?" she asked Natasha curiously. She couldn't ask her doctor about this since he would probably think she was crazy then trap her in a mental ward. Who better to ask than a muggle parent of a wizard or witch? "Oh, I'm sure Adalaide will grow out of this phase as she gets older. Cameron is a pretty shy kid himself. He never really had that many friends, though I hope he's been making more. By the time they're sixteen, I bet they'll be a lot more outgoing." Serena really hoped the kids would. Usually as teenagers grew older, they became less shy and more talkative. Her eyes narrowed down to Sebastian when he made funny noises. "Sure sounds like he's hungry," she said with a chuckle.

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:32 pm
CURRENTLY WITH // Mommy

User Image

spaceNatasha smiled at Serena's question. "From what my sister and husband tell me, they're almost as common as pureblooded wizards are. From what they've told me, any time a witch or wizard would marry into a muggle family and stay secluded from other magical people, if their children married muggles, and their grandchildren, and on and on, eventually the magic watered down a bit, so you end up with families that don't realize they even have magical bloodlines producing magical children." She remembered how surprised her own parents had been when Hannelore had gotten her letter. They'd been speechless! And poor Natasha had been so excited, because she'd been sure that the next year, she'd get a letter as well. But, it'd never come, and she'd never gotten to attend Hogwarts. She'd been insanely jealous of her older sister, but rather than resent her, Nat had bonded with the magical world through her sister, learning all she could about it, and becoming a part of it in her own way. She smiled at the memory of meeting Jonathan for the first time. He'd been so clever... still was, in fact. She shook her head and brought herself back to the present. "I certainly hope she at least gets brave enough that she can talk to other people. She gets so nervous... I think she's been getting better, though, she has a couple of friends she made herself. Or she must have, because we didn't make them for her." She looked down at Sebastian, and pulled a pre-made bottle out for him to drink. Jonathan had been brilliant enough to enchant all their bottles so that they could simply pour the milk or formula in them ahead of time, and they would stay just right for the baby to drink. Natasha brought the bottle to the babies lips.

spaceSebastian immediately grabbed onto the bottle and started sucking. His eyes roamed, and he listened to the conversation with little interest, more absorbed in the bottle at his lips and the tones the women were using. His mommy seemed happy, and that was good, so he wasn't upset about any of it.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:28 pm

۵ Serena Rowley ۵

User Image
Promises..

Serena nodded after listening to Natasha's explanation. "Huh. That's so weird, how it all happens I mean," she said, thinking of Cameron. Vaguely, she wondered what he was doing right now. Getting himself into trouble, probably. Hopefully not, but a mother could only hope not. He didn't have her telling him to behave everyday, so she had to trust her thirteen year old son to stay out of trouble. Serena snapped back to reality when Natasha spoke again. "She must have made those friends herself," she agreed. "I guess Hogwarts is really making her less shy," she said, hoping it was doing the same for Cam.

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:17 pm
User Image

Athena
Owner: Chase Henrick

┏━━━━━━━━━ ✽ ━━━━━━━━┓

Athena hopped and hopped around the streets of London. It's only been a couple minutes, perhaps twenty at tops. Chase had been doing pretty good at keeping up with the fox. Athena glanced backwards, watching and laughing at how tired the teen already was. Though as she kept her head turned, she wasn't looking to where she was stepping. A small misstep, a small hill or cliff that lead directly into the depths of the nearby park's lake... or pond, whatever it was. Athena slipped and tumbled, into the water she goes...

┗━━━━━━━━━ ✽ ━━━━━━━━┛

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:21 pm
User Image

Oᴡɴᴇʀ: Hᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀ Hᴀᴡᴛʜᴏʀɴ

❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂

The park. That was 'away' wasn't it? Sehza thought so, which is why she flew to this location in London. It hadn't taken too long, she thought. She was a fast flyer. Setting Heather down gently, the phoenix circled her owner, cawing happily. She was trying her hardest to cheer the girl up, even if she was failing miserably. Suddenly, a flash of white caught her eye. Athena, her fox friend! The little creature took a fall, and was heading straight for... a pond! Oh no! Sehza cawed again, this time as if saying 'I'm coming!' She flew towards the fox, swooping down just in time to grab her before she fell into the water.

❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂
User Image

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:46 pm
User Image███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███

Chase Henrick

███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███

Ravenclaw || Fifth Year || Chaser || Vice-Captain

Chase felt like Athena was taunting the heck out of him. Though watching the fox slip and fall into the lake, the boy immediately forgot his anger, and instead grow increasingly concerned for the creature. Cold foxes swim? Gosh, he didn't know. But all he know was that, he took a couple leaps forward, then jumped to catch his pet. Only... Athena was snatched away by Sehza at the last possible moment. A "splash" echoed through the serene park, and Chase, dripping wet, is now in the shallow pond.

I know I just need to try, no matter the result. Try again and again, until I get it right.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:24 pm
❝And you stare out the window at the passing cars❞

❝And you look at the sky, thank your unlucky stars❞

❝No, you're never quite happy right where you are❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Hᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀ Sᴛᴇᴠɪᴀ Hᴀᴡᴛʜᴏʀɴ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
User Image
▬▬▬ Fɪғᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ ▬▬▬ Hᴜғғʟᴇᴘᴜғғ ▬▬▬ Hᴀʟғʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ▬▬▬
▬▬▬ Bᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ ▬▬▬ Qᴜɪᴅᴅɪᴛᴄʜ Cᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ ▬▬▬
▬▬▬ Jᴜsᴛ Mᴇ Aɴᴅ Mʏ Sʜᴀᴅᴏᴡ ▬▬▬

❝So you keep on inventing shadows
Where there are none; No, there are none❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀ was lowered to the ground by her phoenix. Once there, she ran a hand through her short hair, trying to fix it from her flight. Jeez, that bird was fast. But, she had enjoyed flying with her pet. It was very different from flying on a broomstick. Seeing Sehza freak out, Heather became curious. The bird cawed, and not a moment later, there was a splash. The teen hurried to follow where her bird had gone, afraid that somehow she had fallen into a lake or a pond or even a puddle. "Sehza? Are you- whaaaa!" she screeched. As she was running, Heather had tripped on... something. Was it a rock? No. Too fluffy to be a rock. Either way, the girl was sent tumbling and rolling down the hill, straight for the pond that was conveniently located just below the decline. But, there was someone there! "Gaaahhh!" she squawked as she flew into the pond, landing directly on top of the person in the water. She rolled over, releasing another startled cry, and fully fell into the water. Soaked to the bone, Heather sat up to see who she had fallen on. "C-Chase?!" was all she could say. She had not been expecting the Ravenclaw to be here of all places. The shock was clearly visible in her facial expression. Meanwhile, further up the hill, Sehza chuckled at the scene.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❝Yeah, you keep on inventing shadows
Where there are none; You don't even see the sun
Can't you see the sun?❞

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:07 pm
User Image

Athena
Owner: Chase Henrick

┏━━━━━━━━━ ✽ ━━━━━━━━┓

Athena closed her eyes in anticipation of hitting the water and become absolutely drenched. But much to her surprise, Sehza, her awesome birdy phoenix friend, caught her! The fox barked in excitement, and once on the ground hopped around the grass. A grin stretched from end to end, highly amused that her owner was down int he pond, wet and looking like he could viciously kill someone. Athena snickered, crawling to a spot where he would most likely not able to see her. In her drunken euphoria, something, or someone, stepped on her. Well, not exactly squashing her, but more like tripping over the fox. Athena spotted a flash of short, blond hair before it too, fell into the pond. The adventurous fox snickered once again, highly amused.

┗━━━━━━━━━ ✽ ━━━━━━━━┛

The United Kingdom

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces