Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
Finsbury Park ~ London Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:57 pm
User Image
User Image

h e r e ' s t o t h e c r a z y o n e s . t h e m i s f i t s . t h e r e b e l s . t h e t r o u b l e m a k e r s - - -
f i n s b u r y p a r k
l o k i j o n
t h e p a r k
i m p i s h
s i n g l e

Ivory smiled and nodded when she was asked to show him the shop. She was officially excited. Either that, or smitten. And it had been a while since she'd been smitten to someone. A few years actually. Hogwarts. When asked to get some pop, she nodded,
"Sure! That sounds fun. Maybe we could get some butterbeer too," Ivory stood, Darion could handle himself at home. He was a big kid now and it wasn't like she was going to spend the night with a stranger either.

- - - - - - - - - - - - a n d w h i l e s o m e m a y s e e t h e m a s t h e c r a z y o n e s , i s e e g e n i u s . b e c a u s e t h e p e o p l e w h o a r e c r a z y e n o u g h t o t h i n k t h e y c a n c h a n g e t h e w o r l d , a r e t h e o n e s w h o d o ✎ ✎ ✎

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:34 pm
Loki Jon

Squib

User Image
Loki smiled and walked with her, his hands in his pockets. He was glad such a lovely girl wanted to have a some fizzy and butter beer with the likes of him. "Glad ter 'ear it. I wouldn't pass up sum butter beer! But I gotta admit. I 'ave a deep love of the Fizzy... Heck. What kind of bloke would I be if I could pass up a tiddlywinks with you Golden Dove? " he asked. He had a thing for pet names that seemed to be apparent at this point. " To the Ally I take it?" he asked her.  

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:40 pm
User Image
User Image

h e r e ' s t o t h e c r a z y o n e s . t h e m i s f i t s . t h e r e b e l s . t h e t r o u b l e m a k e r s - - -
f i n s b u r y p a r k
l o k i j o n
t h e p a r k
i m p i s h
s i n g l e

Ivory smiled at Loki and looped an arm through his. If he didn't like it, she'd drop her arm, but until he said anything, she'd keep her arm there.
"I'd guess you'd be a guy who didn't want to get some soda pop with me," She blushed a little when he called her "Golden Dove". Ivory tucked her hair behind her ear,"To the Alley."

- - - - - - - - - - - - a n d w h i l e s o m e m a y s e e t h e m a s t h e c r a z y o n e s , i s e e g e n i u s . b e c a u s e t h e p e o p l e w h o a r e c r a z y e n o u g h t o t h i n k t h e y c a n c h a n g e t h e w o r l d , a r e t h e o n e s w h o d o ✎ ✎ ✎

Ura the rainbow King

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:38 pm
Loki Jon

Squib

User Image
Loki smiled at she linked her arm and showed that he was very happy with the action. He put his hand on hers for a moment before he just walked in stride with her. " What! i'd 'ae ter be wite Mad ter pass up a Tiddley Win' of any sort wif you golden dove! truly, utterly Mad!!" Ivory was an utter delight to be around and very easy on the eyes. Plus, it was nice to have a chat with someone his own age for a change. "To the ALLY!" He said, smiling and raising his free hand in a happy gesture, the action raising his jacket and T-Shirt, showing off his chest again.
Rawwry

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:25 am
User ImageUser Image

A Kingdom of Isolation, and it looks like I’m the Queen. The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside...

Iris leaned against the trunk of tree in which she was perched. Not so much like a bird or a squirrel, but more like an Iris. She was rather good at getting up into high places like this. They provided amazing angles for her sketches. The teen chewed on the end of her pencil, staring at the simple sketch in her book. It needed something... But what? She blinked down at it, amber eyes curious. She intended it to be a baby bird's first sight of their surroundings. A motionless view of the park, seen from the edges of a bird's nest, took up her entire page. It was pretty good, but it was missing something. She tucked her pencil behind her ear and stared at the drawing. It was all done in pencil--it was Iris's strong point and go-to medium--so it was entirely in black and white with necessary shading. Iris remembered when all she would use were colored pencils, even when shading dark shadows, because it was just her way. She only wanted to use color back then, but now... Not so much. The redhead sighed, and continued to stare at her drawing. There had to be something else she could do to it. Something with less rainbow and more black.

Don’t let them in. Don’t let them see. Be the good girl you always have to be. Conceal, don’t feel, don’t let them know...

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:43 am
User Image
User Image

This, was probably not such a good idea.

The young brunette let out a undignified (if not still manly, or, as manly as he could make it) squawk, drawing the attention of a few passerbys all of whom, predicted with startling accuracy, bestowed upon the young Asian a few sneers, a scowl or two, a worried frown and an anxious look or so, only to morph into something representing appreciation or slight disbelief. Hurriedly righting himself, Yuuta weaved as quickly as he could through the crowd without potentially injuring anyone.

He sighed.

He hated the ground and it hated him too, he was sure of it.

Making his way towards a relatively people-free area, Yuuta walked up the grassy incline, eyes on his feet, watching his boots step as he triplessly made his way towards one of the trees. He was almost there! So clo--

Hands flailing as he struggled to keep his balance, Yuuta held on to the first thing his palms touched-- the tree trunk. Leaning heavily against it, heart racing and all after yet another trip, the brunette pouted heavily, scowling at the universe for cursing him with the worst balance in the world. Taking a seat at the foot of the large tree, Yuuta firmly decided that no, he wasn't leaving the goddamned spot until someone came and helped him-- be it Yama or someone else. The world could go kiss his a**, he wasn't moving!

i n t h e w a t e r t h e r e i s n o t h i n g a n d t h e r e i s e v e r y t h i n g- - -
f i n s b u r y p a r k

a l o n e
o u t a n d a b o u t
n e u t r a l
s i n g l e

heather030595

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:23 am
User ImageUser Image

A Kingdom of Isolation, and it looks like I’m the Queen. The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside...

Iris sighed and closed her sketchbook. Inspiration just wasn't coming to her today. On most other days, sure. It came easily. She had about a million and one sketches of the ravine at Hogwarts. She was sure she had drawn every inch of that ravine by now. At least everywhere she could see. Speaking of see, something caught the redhead's attention. A boy, not much older than her, stumbling up the hill towards her tree. She tilted her head, confused. What was wrong with him? He looked like he barely knew how to walk, much less climb a hill as small as this one. The boy slipped, grabbing hold of her tree trunk to keep from falling backwards and rolling down the hill. While that would be quite hilarious to see, Iris was glad he didn't fall and attract so much attention this way. She liked her quiet little tree where she could sit and watch people. She didn't need it crowded up with hoodlums. But as the boy sat down at the base of her tree, not interested in climbing it just to say that he did, or posing with the tree in a photo. No, he just sat. The redhead shoved her sketchbook between two branches so it wouldn't fall, and held onto the branch she was sitting on. The girl, as quietly as she could, leaned over to spy on the boy. She was curious, what could she say, and she was holding on to the tree, so she wasn't going to fall or anything. Nope. She just wanted to know why he was there. This was her tree, after all. She had claimed it for herself--oh, how long has it been--about an hour ago.

Don’t let them in. Don’t let them see. Be the good girl you always have to be. Conceal, don’t feel, don’t let them know...

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:41 am
User Image
User Image

Yuuta sighed, twisting the leather band around his wrist absently as he looked around from his spot at the base of the tree. How long had it been since he had watched people and not fish? People were nice to watch too, he supposed. That sounded odd, wait. Observing how people moved around in their own places in the world-- that sounded better. Less creepy.

Still, he wished he was somewhere he could just go for a swim. It really did suck, being as awful as he was on dry ground. Maybe he had done something in his past life and was innately cruel to fish or something. Either way, it wasn't pleasant at all. Unless he had a bike-- he was less accident-prone on a bike, to many's surprise. It was just walking.Legs.-- he was pretty much stuck waiting for any of the family or a well-meaning stranger who would get him home. It was sort of demeaning, actually. He could always Apparate, he supposed, but he wasn't as confident in it yet.

Staring at his shoes, the teen raised a brow when they suddenly darkened. Seeing the shadow and the shape it possessed that had fallen on his figure, Yuuta grinned. "Either you're a person or a very big bird," the brunette said out loud, bringing his legs closer to him. Looking up, the Asian waved, smile friendly. "Hello! What are you doing up there?"

i n t h e w a t e r t h e r e i s n o t h i n g a n d t h e r e i s e v e r y t h i n g- - -
f i n s b u r y p a r k

a l o n e
o u t a n d a b o u t
n e u t r a l
s i n g l e

heather030595

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:39 pm
User ImageUser Image

Iris blinked as she watched the boy. He didn't seem to have a purpose for being there other than to watch the people, like she had been doing not long ago. 'I didn't know there were other People Watchers out there...' she thought. This was probably the closest she'd been to a subject of interest while People Watching. She generally tried to stay away from people. Most of them were like zombies, anyways. Emotionless, careless zombies. There were a select few that were alright, but not nearly enough to make a difference. Suddenly, the boy stirred and looked up. She had been spotted! He waved at her and smiled. This was not natural! "Wh-Wha?!" Iris blurted out, wide eyed like a doe in headlights. She instantly recoiled, backing away from the boy. It was a reflect of hers that went off when people tried to talk to her. Unfortunately for her, Iris forgot that she was carefully perched on a tree branch and... went tumbling backwards, off the branch and straight down to the ground, where she landed with a cringe-worthy THUD! Iris, now lying flat on her back, stared at the sky, frozen in place except for her right eye, which was twitching a little. She released a soft moan from the pain induced by the fall. What should she do?! Should she answer the boy, who was probably freaking out now because a girl just fell from above him? Well, she could always try. "F-F-Falling. Falling ith what I wath doing up thhere." 'Great first impression, Iris. First you fall out of a tree, and then you try to talk with your lisppy metal mouth. What else are you gonna screw up today?' This. This is why she didn't have any friends. She was the definition of the word awkward!

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:33 am
User Image
User Image

Yuuta's eyes widened comically when she leaned back in surprise, watching as it played terrifyingly in slow-motion.

"H-Hey, be carefu---"

The Asian winced when the girl fell out, wince increasing when he heard the thud. "Oh my God, that had to hurt!" Yuuta winced once more, empathizing with the girl on the fall part. Moving towards the redhead, the brunette crouched, taking one of the girl's hands and pulling her up to a sitting position. "I saw the falling!!!" he commented slightly panicked, cheeks puffed out in a sort of 'ergh' way, like he was the one who fell out of a tree. He heard that thud. Oh my god. "Are you okay?" he asked worriedly, the expression clear on his face. "That had to hurt! Do you need to go see a doctor? Maybe you should, you might have broken something! Speaking of which, does anything hurt?"

He was fussing, but honestly, someone just fell out of a tree, so he thought he could be a bit paranoid, thanks very much! Also, as a victim of uncoordination, he wasn't a stranger to falls and therefore empathized with all those people on Youtube videos where they take this huge fall. It hurt, and it really wasn't very funny! Oh! Turning to the girl, the Asian teen placed a hand on his chest, indicating himself and with a sort of strained smile-- she fell out of a tree, oh gods, okay--- introduced himself. "I'm Yuuta, by the way! Takaishi Yuuta," he told her. It was manners, after all! "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to startle you!"

f i n s b u r y p a r k

a l o n e
o u t a n d a b o u t
n e u t r a l
s i n g l e

heather030595

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:18 am
Loki Jon

Squib

User Image
Loki had had a delightful time with his lady friend. She was a very nice young woman. However, now he was back in his old haunt, the park, fizzy drink in hand. He was sitting on a bench, looking up at the great big, grey sky and wondering about his brother, Marko. He still needed a job that payed better and a better flat, but soon...soon he would be able to help him. he just knew it. After a few more minutes past he decided to go and travel to some of the trees at the edge of the park, still looking at the sky, when he tripped over someones shoes and fell flat on his face. "Oww...bloody hell, I got ta watch where I put me feet" he muttered, looking up.
Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:28 pm
User ImageUser Image

Iris stared at the sky, at the clouds specifically, as she lay there. What else could she do? She didn't want to move, and she had been spotted. Like an opossum, she had frozen in place. However, when a hand took hers and pulled her up, she snapped out of her trance. The boy was clearly freaking out, asking her over and over again if she was okay and if she needed a doctor. Strange. People usually didn't care about her. Yet he obviously did. It was just in his nature, she mentally argued. He didn't actually care about her safety. He cared about everyone because it was what he did. Yeah. That explains it. He introduced himself as Yuuta, and with a closer view of his face, she could see that he was at least part Asian. Interesting. Hmm... Oh. She should probably say something. "I'm fine, or I will be. No worrieth. I don't think I need a doctor. I'll juth have my aunt look me over when I get home." She hated these braces. Iris was such a hard word to say with these metal wires in her mouth. But she had to introduce herself... Right? Or she could run away now and avoid further embarrassment. Hmm... She doubted she could run with her back hurting like it was... So she lied to the boy? He didn't have to know. He had just met her, and soon enough, he would forget about her like everyone else. "I'm Irith Piper." she said, plainly.

User Image

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:38 am
User Image
User Image

The tall brunette furrowed his brow at her reply, a small frown of confusion appearing on the pretty visage. "Irith?-- Oh! Do you mean Iris? Like the flower?" Yuuta asked, eyes wide in curiosity. He hadn't met many people with flower names-- let alone English names, actually-- it was a nice change. She seemed a bit closed off and was probably handling her falling out of a tree better than he was-- although in his defence, he was a worrier by nature, so it was justified. "I like your name!" he smiled cheerily, attempting to coax Iris back into speaking.

Making himself more comfortable on his patch of grass beside Iris, the tall brunette ended up shifting positions before he was satisfied. "You should probably still not move for a while," he told her, worrying at his bottom lip. "Or at least rest here for a while," he continued, even if she had her aunt to take care of her later on. It could possibly become worse, as he had found out before. Best to let it settle for a while before moving. Oh! He realized something! "I'll sit with you too!" he said, a sunny grin taking over his features. Folding his legs under him properly, Yuuta turned to face the redhead. "It's not under the best of times, but it's nice to meet you, Iris!" the teen said brightly, smile still in place.

f i n s b u r y p a r k

a l o n e
o u t a n d a b o u t
n e u t r a l
s i n g l e

heather030595

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:25 pm
User ImageUser Image

Iris stared at the boy, amber eyes wide and... afraid. She wasn't good at this. In fact, she sucked at this. Making friends. Talking to people. All of that. It made her... awkward. Well, more awkward than usual. Still, he seemed really nice. He asked about her name, and she nodded. No one ever asked about her name like that, especially people she just met. Still, he said that he liked her name, so it must be a nice one to have. Iris blushed a little, even. "A-Actually, I thhink my mothher wath referring to a rainbow when she named me. Mothher liked rainbowth, and flowerth, so I guethh a flower could work too." she mumbled. Yuuta seemed to smile a lot. She would try to smile too, but she didn't like her smile. With her braces, she thought her smile was horrible. Iris blinked at Yuuta. 'Why does he care so much? He doesn't know me. We're not friends or anything. What could he gain from being so nice to someone like me?' she thought. It was true, though. Yuuta was overly concerned about her fall. He made himself comfortable, telling her that he would sit with her while she rested. She blinked again, still silent, before carefully scooting over to the tree. Iris leaned against it, adjusting herself according to any sore spots she found on her back. Once she was situated, she turned back to the boy. He was doing it again. Smiling. Maybe she could... No. She wouldn't even try. Instead, she replied with a simple, "The same to you, Yuuta. Forgive me for being curiouth, but where are you from? I haven't heard a name quite like yourth before."

User Image

Greycast

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:44 pm
User Image
User Image

"Ohh, I see! Okay!" Yuuta propped his chin on his fist, mulling over the words. He forgot that Iris could mean rainbow too. The teen pouted as he rolled this realization around-- he didn't like forgetting things! He was one of the most forgetful people in the universe but he definitely hated forgetting things. When the redhead beside him shifted and began to speak, Yuuta turned to pay attention, taking in the question. When he asked about his name-- touche!-- the Asian stopped to think about that a little bit.

"No, no, it's fine! Ask away! It's nice getting to know people!" Yuuta smiled, lips stretched into a friendly smile. Settling down to ponder over that question, he came up with a reasonable reply. "I'm from Japan, actually-- I'm here for a little bit since school ended," he explained, a thoughtful look on his face. "I'm visiting for the summer, I mean," Yuuta explained. After brief consideration of what he said, he realized he had basically reworded his first sentence and fought the urge to bash his head in the tree. Honestly, so much awkward!

f i n s b u r y p a r k

a l o n e
o u t a n d a b o u t
n e u t r a l
s i n g l e

heather030595

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote: