Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
I need advice, opinions, etc

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should I kick this guys heiny?
  Yes
  No
  Im a cucumber
  Revenge is a dish best served COLD
  Smoke a spliff and fo'get that shiz bro
View Results

Crimsonhellite

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:29 pm
IT IS I.....dear ol Crimmy....randomly posting again bwahjahahah....anywhos...

Ok...so theres this gal at work I like. The other night we worked together and got along pretty well. That same night I asked if she liked starbucjks and said Id bring her one. THAT was today, I wake up...dink around on net till I think shes on break...then head up to SB and order 2 different drinks(that way she had a choice)...I go to the workplace, and I go over to that same dish area. I see her and ask if shed meet with me in the break room when she was done...shed already had her break, so I go to the break room(I had put the drinks in a fridge), grab the drinks and head back...I stiop by the divider right by the area....and hear my coworker David bad mouthing me to her saying "He probably wants to ask you out, but you dont wanna be with him" to which she replied, "Well, hes a nice guy" and he has the gall to say "Hes really not your type"...UH HUH....I walk around the corner and IMMEDIATELY tell him to stay the ******** out of it, that it aint his business and then I repeated verbatim what he had said and gave him a dirty look. Then I spun around, LITERALLY lol, and had those drinks in my hand and presented the option of her choice of either DoubleChocolatelyChip or Neopolitain...she got an embarrased look on her face, face palmed and laughed a lil and said "whatever happened to Mocha or Vanilla" AND HE CHIMES IN..."Well thats cause its starbucks". I paid him no mind and then shes still smilin a lil and looking at the drinks in either hand, and says "So I can have this one"(the chocolate one go figure lol) and I said yep...she said thank you, we walked into the other area of work and talked about what I was doing, what she would be doing in the coming days and then I asked her if we could arrange something.....she said yeah, if work ever permitted the both of us and etc. BOTTOM LINE: IM content and happy with all this....except for the fact that mr ChromDome David, is probably bad mouthing me to her right as I type this. He knows my habits and ways....and has a way with words and certain manipulative tactics, so he could twist s**t around badly and make me out to be some kinda druggy or super perv or something.....THATS what im worried about....HIM corrupting HER....and then Ill lose out all because hed do that and SHED be dumb enough to believe him. So...kinda worried...Please...all opinions etc accepted  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:23 pm
Crimsonhellite

Hello! About the girl you like at work, I doubt that she'll believe what he says about you. When you overheard the two of them gossiping, she didn't side with David, instead she said you were nice. She sounds like a great person, as for David, you should check to see if he likes her as well- there might be a reason as to why he's trying to make her not like you. Maybe David likes her too or he's trying get revenge for what happened in the past, etc.

I didn't know they had Neapolitan coffee! I love that stuff, I have to try it sometime. Back to the story: the part where you said you turned around and faced her, you said she was embarrassed. Maybe this is just a hunch, but did she happen to hear the conversation you had between David? That might be why she acted that way, if not, then she's probably just nervous around you- which is a good thing because that means she likes you! heart

Don't worry about David "corrupting her," that totally won't happen! She's interested in you and as you get to know each other, she'll realize what David is trying to do. If you do feel that it's becoming a problem, you can tell her not to believe what he says. Be careful around David, try to understand him and befriend him, he might be going through a hard time and simply looking for someone to listen to him. He might not be such a bad guy after all, remember that fighting will not solve anything.

I hope this helped, thank you for sharing that interesting story with us!

Eternal Rebellion

Inquisitor

8,950 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Daypaw

Hardened Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:43 pm
I agree with Eternal. Let your actions speak for themselves and let her form her own opinion.

Speaking from personal experience, when someone comes to me and says "So-and-so is a bad person for (x) reason" I tend to just blow it off or it will lower my opinion of the person spreading the rumor, not the person whom the rumor targets. Just because something is said does not mean that everyone that hears it will take it at face value or believe it. It is certainly not worth starting a fight and creating deeper drama over- drama breeds drama which likely would not help your situation with this girl. Keep things simple, and happy.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:00 pm
Worry about presenting yourself to her as yourself the way you want to be. Don't worry about what anybody else says about you, she can judge for herself as long as she's willing to give you a chance - which she has. If you let this guy get to you, then he's winning that battle and causing harm to your personality. Ignore him, and there's nothing he can do.  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:37 am
Hmmm well if I was in a good mood I'd just pull him off to the side and be like "WTF is your problem man? You trying to start s**t?" If not, I'd probably have just decked him on the spot LOL. IRL I have no patience for pricks so if someone starts s**t, s**t will happen. The best choice would probably be to just keep your cool and ignore the dude though. Until he starts getting obnoxious of course. Then I think anyone would agree that the aforementioned decking is a perfectly reasonable response.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:32 pm
Thanks Yall, Ive got you guys and some peeps on FB who have given me good intel heh. Im such a noob at dating it aint funny, kinda sad since im 29 :/ lol  

Crimsonhellite

Ned-kun

Distinct Perfectionist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:06 pm
You're still a youngin'. You'll learn. wink  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:29 pm
Meh...anywhos, I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for a hair item...specifically one to match the hue of Alrunas hair, style aint to importante. And also, any ideas on a top for a male that would be similar to hers? Im just trying to make myself her counterpart without buying a ton of AR's hahaha.  

Crimsonhellite

☆ Word Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff